Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 04:18 AM   #1721
Watercolor Wizard

Lena--as Imke said...Patti started a lil' scrap-swap inside this swap. Whoever was interested in participating created 1 6x6 scrap-page of themselves. It had to include a photo and bits about our own personal life--likes, family, anniversary/birthdates...a lot of fun to have everyone who participated in one book--name with a face! Here is what I did...
Attached Thumbnails
susanne-6x6-scrap-page-flip-photo-kids-003.jpg   susanne-6x6-scrap-page-puzzle-back-side-002.jpg  

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-12-2012, 04:19 AM   #1722
Watercolor Wizard

oops my photo is on the back side of my kids photo...here it is
Attached Thumbnails
susanne-6x6-scrap-page-side-1-005.jpg  

Old 12-12-2012, 06:34 AM   #1723
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
oops my photo is on the back side of my kids photo...here it is

Very nice! Oh okay he he he I thought Heaven help me if I have to do a scrapbook page! lol
Old 12-12-2012, 06:38 AM   #1724
Watercolor Wizard

Lena...guess what just arrived today? Your lovely Christmas card with images (the first envy)...w/o any postage!!! It had some postal marking with arrows pointing to your return addy---no note in my mailbox about postage and I know my delivery person "Janet"--very nice--maybe she's letting it slide? Either way..now I have some serious CHICKEN(S) to work into my card!!! Win-win

Old 12-12-2012, 06:44 AM   #1725
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclary View Post
My goodness, I miss a couple days and I have some catching up to do.

Linda - Sorry to hear that Denise is having a rough time. I'm sure it is hard for you to watch as a parent.

Vickie - I just laughed about your craft room. I keep showing my DH pictures of all these wonderful craft rooms but I really wouldn't know where to start.

I love all the teacher ideas on here. My niece was looking for some ideas. She comes to me for crafty ideas.

A little enabling here. I bought the new cutter from Stampin Up and I love it. Why, you ask? The base is 6 x 12 which means the 4.25 and 5.5 cut can be made without pulling out the extension. The blades (scorer and cutter) go above the cutting line so there is no transferring of blades. Vickie - have you bought one?

Okay I have to get busy. I have to make a scrapbook for a volunteer at the hospital who has been volunteering for 36 years. She turns 90 in February. Since she worked in my department, I got selected to make the scrapbook.

I hope to get names picked this weekend. I will start a new post soon.
Haa Tracie....once upon a time my craftroom was perfect; now it's gone bad!

Yep, I have the SU cutter...LOVE it!

Headache yesterday and still today...DH went toy shopping yesterday for Delt since I was down; hope headache goes away soon so I can finish up the shopping for Delt and get it UPS sent first of next week.

Getting excited about the next round!

Need to take some meds;

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:46 AM   #1726
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanstampler View Post
Lena, don´t worry about the scrapbook page. As we swap so long we wanted to make an album of us. For this reason, each has made ​​of himself a page. It is not part of this swap

Thank you Imke Susanne explained it for me and I could have done that! I think that was a wonderful idea! Sorry I missed it!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:06 AM   #1727
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, friends!

Lena, good to see you!

Vickie, awesome link to Pinterest! I will show Ivy...looks like something she would enjoy doing.

Linda, I hope your symptoms have improved today...thinking of you.

Kathleen, about the dog jumping.... DH has a friend who trains dogs and he said one of the first things you need to teach them is not to jump out of the truck. They either need to be lifted in/out or have a step stool. My brother is also adamant about this...always protect the hips! This is one thing Paisley does well (there are a few...LOL); she will sit and wait. She loves to ride in the truck...she sits there, straight and tall, it is almost as if she preens and thinks she is pretty special like "Queen of the Cab"! Susanne, does Muddy do this in the van? She is also very good at shaking hands and giving a high five...because she gets a treat! LOL

A bit of the snow we got yesterday stuck...it is pretty and white outside!

I lost about a foot of hair and it feels great...it is probably about 6 inches from my waist. I don't know why, but my hair and nails grow really fast. Ivy lost about 6 inches and got layers...she likes it. Imke, I would cut my hair shorter if I knew what to do with it...I like low maintenance...quick flatiron and pull it back for work so it stays out of the way. It looks like your hair is much thicker than mine...mine is getting thinner the older I get. My eyelashes too...I hate that.

What is everybody doing today? I have Jessica's kit pulled out (it was my plan to do that Monday, but that got derailed because of the dog issues) and have picked a sketch to work on.... Hopefully I can come up with something good!

P.S. Susanne, your boys look so much alike in their picture!

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 12-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #1728
Glitter Guru

Vickie- I hope you are feeling better soon !!

Angela- 6 inches - then you have already cut off a lot (you both). I also have layers and i like it too. AND Ohhh YES i HAVE thick hair and a lot !! LOL My hairdresser is always amazed. I always let it thin out LOL
Old 12-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #1729
SCS BRAK Coordinator

They did an adorable Christmas tree at Two Paper Divas HERE . Loved it. But maybe next year. I have about 5 more Christmas cards to make and I am done. WhoHoo!

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 12-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #1730
SCS BRAK Coordinator

This is who I have for the next round.

Susanne
Pat
Vickie
Imke
Heather
Kathy
Tracie
Angela
Joanna
Angie1974 (Lynn)
Linda
Lena
Patti

Am I forgetting anyone? This is the first step to pairing everyone up. Does anyone have a current address for everyone that they could pm me. For some reason all my e-mails are gone in PM. Getting excited about the next round.

Meljen's Designs

Last edited by taclary; 12-12-2012 at 03:51 PM..
Old 12-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #1731
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathleen, I use the mesh bags to launder the unmentionables.... The socks at your house must be a whole lot smaller than the ones at ours...I don't think ours get stuck in the machine, but they do manage to get lost. I keep thinking I am going to have the kids pin the pair of socks together when they toss them in the laundry.

Does anyone else have the problem of holey socks? It doesn't seem to matter what brand I buy, both the kids and I seem to burn holes through our socks. DH not so much. Anyone know of a good, durable kind to try?

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 12-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #1732
Die Cut Diva

Wow the next round is moving right along!!

Sounds like we have some sickies out there...hope everyone is better soon.

My friend at work has a birthday tomorrow and I am just out of ideas. I've been trying to put a card together for her all month and just not happy with any of them. Guess I will try one more time this evening and just go with the best of the bunch.

I'm ready for the weekend to get here!! Going to a crop Friday evening and then Saturday our Scrapping Club is having their Christmas party!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #1733
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Pat - I wish I lived next to you. You always go to such fun things.

Angela - My DH goes through socks also. Haven't found a good one although Nike socks seem to last the longest. I just buy new socks.

Meljen's Designs
Old 12-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #1734
Die Cut Diva

I wish you lived next to me too Tracie...we would have lots of fun!
Last night a bunch of us (12 I think) went to a church kitchen and made turtles!!! NOW THAT was fun...now I know how!! Anyway we are selling them to buy new tools for the LSS that burned on Thankgiving weekend. Turtles, peanut brittle and fudge. I think they are making the fudge and more turtles this evening, the peanut brittle is already made. I wish I had helped with that...sounds like fun doesn't it!!
Old 12-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #1735
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Pat, what a fun, and so very heartfelt fundraiser for your LSS.

Headache went away finally this afternoon so I went toy shopping; Toys R Us had what I was looking for for Delt so am almost ready to wrap and ship.

AND, while I was shopping DH called me to let me know that the "no good" has been arrested and is in jail on numerous charges! I think Jenni will sleep much better tonight. While I certainly feel bad for his family (his mom and dad and all of his children, I do not feel sorry for him; he is a destroyer...saying no more!)

Going to try and do some stamping tonight; going to have a small stamp class on Saturday and need to come up with a few poinsettia cards! I hope to finish making Christmas cards this weekend and am thankful for the weekly Christmas card challenge we participated in...even though I still have a few challenges left to do!

Lena, so glad to see you back in the secret sister swap.

Hope everyone is having a good 12/12/12!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #1736
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tackertwosome View Post
Thank you Imke Susanne explained it for me and I could have done that! I think that was a wonderful idea! Sorry I missed it!
Lena..you still can do it! I have an extra one--can't answer for the others...But we can ask them!

Old 12-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #1737
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciae View Post
I wish you lived next to me too Tracie...we would have lots of fun!
Last night a bunch of us (12 I think) went to a church kitchen and made turtles!!! NOW THAT was fun...now I know how!! Anyway we are selling them to buy new tools for the LSS that burned on Thankgiving weekend. Turtles, peanut brittle and fudge. I think they are making the fudge and more turtles this evening, the peanut brittle is already made. I wish I had helped with that...sounds like fun doesn't it!!
Pat..."turtles" as in Fannie May Pixies? Pecans, carmel and milk chocolate--oh boy those are fun to make (parchment paper with butter spray to start)

Old 12-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #1738
Hardware Hotshot

(sigh) caramel turtles are my FAVORITE. My mom used to make them when I was a kid.

My new mailman came to the door to yell at me, "there is a lot of mail in this box!" I hadn't been up there yet (it's up a REALLY steep hill and the sidewalk was pretty icy). So I dragged my sorry behind up there and was delighted to find lots of goodies for ME! Patti, Susie, and Tracie, you made my day!

We have our first showing on the old house on Friday. Cross your fingers and toes that they LOVE it! I'd love to sell the old house soon.

Yay! Lena's going to play next round. I'm sorry to see that both Jessica and Denise can't. Linda, please convey my good thoughts to Denise. I hope her health issues clear up soon.

I found my DT cards!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #1739
Hardware Hotshot

I promise to get my scrap pages out soon. In the course of the move I found a picture that doesn't make me want to gag. As soon as I set up my crafting area, I will finish them.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #1740
Watercolor Wizard

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
Kathleen, I use the mesh bags to launder the unmentionables.... The socks at your house must be a whole lot smaller than the ones at ours...I don't think ours get stuck in the machine, but they do manage to get lost. I keep thinking I am going to have the kids pin the pair of socks together when they toss them in the laundry.

Does anyone else have the problem of holey socks? It doesn't seem to matter what brand I buy, both the kids and I seem to burn holes through our socks. DH not so much. Anyone know of a good, durable kind to try?
OH..holey socks--toss em--buy a new package for everyone! They get so "fagged out" from wash/wear/dryer--it's not worth darning them to me--too many! Everyone gets new socks for the first day of school and Christmas--it's a New England thing in the stocking-but I just start weeding them out--the boys are brutal with 'sockwear'--it's like their big feet chew them up! Plus, they use 2-3 pairs a day (school, work out, gym class, hang out in socks after a shower) I bought everyone slippers from Walmart--told them to use those instead of socks..old habits die hard!

Last edited by Susanne527; 12-12-2012 at 07:40 PM..
Old 12-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #1741
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
(sigh) caramel turtles are my FAVORITE. My mom used to make them when I was a kid.

My new mailman came to the door to yell at me, "there is a lot of mail in this box!" I hadn't been up there yet (it's up a REALLY steep hill and the sidewalk was pretty icy). So I dragged my sorry behind up there and was delighted to find lots of goodies for ME! Patti, Susie, and Tracie, you made my day!

We have our first showing on the old house on Friday. Cross your fingers and toes that they LOVE it! I'd love to sell the old house soon.

Yay! Lena's going to play next round. I'm sorry to see that both Jessica and Denise can't. Linda, please convey my good thoughts to Denise. I hope her health issues clear up soon.

I found my DT cards!
Oh gotta love your PO guy--yeay..your friendlycompanion-wild hair, angel fairy made her way to you!

Old 12-12-2012, 07:39 PM   #1742
Watercolor Wizard

Ever since buying "Fanny May" for Patti's Bday treat week pressy...they have bombarded my inbox--drool over Pixies here...and I know how to make em--I just want them to make them for me! hahahahahha It's a Chicago thang! My family used to give a 5lb box of Fanny May to the employees of the S&L we worked at--along with a cash in envelope bonus at Christmas--we had Fanny May candy from Thanksgiving to New Years in our house--miss it...their milk chocolate is supper yummy...I was thinking about buying something to take to my SILs for Christmas as a hostess gift...only I think I would be pocketing the goodies when she wasn't lookin'! <bad Susie>

Old 12-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #1743
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
I promise to get my scrap pages out soon. In the course of the move I found a picture that doesn't make me want to gag. As soon as I set up my crafting area, I will finish them.
Think of this QueenieJO..no matter what...we love you--slap it together and send em! I am going to have to find the picture of me, Tom took 20+ years ago..I am in a blue bathrobe and my short hair is sticking straight up...I will find that..something to look forward to...he laughed so hard that day--I should make it my FB photo! I told him...THIS is what you are marrying buddy...so tread lightly here!

Old 12-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #1744
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
They did an adorable Christmas tree at Two Paper Divas HERE . Loved it. But maybe next year. I have about 5 more Christmas cards to make and I am done. WhoHoo!
Tracie--my LSS AE has one on display--they did various sizes of rosettes so the tree looks graduated up in size as it get towards the bottom...2" X 2, 3" x2, 4" x 2 and so on...goooogeous! I want to make one--they did it on their paper trimmer but I think I can make a couple of them on my Tim Holtz rosette maker thingy that has 2 sizes!

I also fancy the one that is featured by Beate--with the hemp cord and styrphone cone...looks easy and is very elegant

Old 12-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #1745
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Lena...guess what just arrived today? Your lovely Christmas card with images (the first envy)...w/o any postage!!! It had some postal marking with arrows pointing to your return addy---no note in my mailbox about postage and I know my delivery person "Janet"--very nice--maybe she's letting it slide? Either way..now I have some serious CHICKEN(S) to work into my card!!! Win-win

Glad it finally got there! You know what is weird I had to have the lady at the post office weigh and add the postage strip to each envelope. She must not have made sure it was on there good! Can you believe Imke would have got her envelope before you!!!!!

All's well that ends well! Yes, I would say you have plenty to play with! ah ha ha!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #1746
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
This is who I have for the next round.

Susanne
Pat
Vickie
Imke
Heather
Kathy
Tracie
Angela
Joanna
Angie1974 (Lynn)
Linda
Lena
Patti

Am I forgetting anyone? This is the first step to pairing everyone up. Does anyone have a current address for everyone that they could pm me. For some reason all my e-mails are gone in PM. Getting excited about the next round.
Tracie the only list of addresses I have are is the one from the image swap. I'd be happy to PM it to you.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #1747
Glitter Guru

Tracie- I pm you my adresses for this round without Lynne´s. She has also moved and the new address I do not know.
This rosettes christmas tree is gorgeous. I really love it. I will do next year. I think it´s also a nice little gift.

Folks, you will not believe it. I have socks that are over 10 years old and still good ! I love "Burlington" socks. Which are quite expensive but they keep incredibly long. Depending on the material, they cost between 11 and 15 Euros (15-20 $) In fall and winter I wear nothing else.

Vickie- That are very good news about the "no good". Since Jenni can breathe easy for now.

Pat- Fabulous idea and I hope it comes together a lot of money for the scrapbook store.

Joanna- I cross my fingers for the house sale !!

Last edited by germanstampler; 12-12-2012 at 10:31 PM..
Old 12-13-2012, 07:46 AM   #1748
Stazon Splitcoast

Pat, that is awesome that you all are doing that for the LSS. Good, I take it that means they are going to reopen. We all wish we lived near you Pat, so we could go to all those fun things with you. That would be out of this world fun. Turtles are my favorite candy. We don't have the kind Susanne was talking about but we have Russell Stover.

Vickie, so glad the no good is out of pocket and can't ruin Jenni and Delt's Christmas. I am positive she will sleep much better and be able to relax and enjoy her Holiday break. I am glad you got rid of your headache.

Angela, that is a lot of hair to cut off. I would love to see a photo of you with your haircut that much shorter. You and Ivy have done your good deeds with your hair for quite awhile now haven't you? Donating I mean!

I am finally feeling better. Yes, the weather plays a part in Rhuematoid Arthritis. My hands, shoulders and hips are the most affected and the weather this year has been crazy. The other ( 2 days ago) night it got down to 9 degrees and today it is supposed to be 65. This back and forth is very hard on me, but I am much better.

Lena, so glad you are joining us this round. Don't work too hard on your trim. I guess you have a different job now and I take it that it is at City Hall. Loved the video.

Imke, those socks sound amazing. I don't think I've ever heard of them. My washer used to eat socks when my kids were growing up and they wore theirs out very quick. It seems I was always buying socks.

Queenie Jo, so glad you are settling in and I hope your old house sells fast. I hope your mailman is not always such a grouch. I am happy for you that you found your DT cards. I will let Denise know you are thinking of her.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 12-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #1749
Watercolor Wizard

Linda we have Russel Stover too...but being a Chicago girl--raised on Fanny May!

Linda--glad you are feeling better--you are right about this crazy weather--they keep saying "60s" but it has not gotten out of the 40's and then snow and rain coming this Sunday...kinda looking forward to some snow--I'd love a "white Christmas" this year!

<--Will ck my addy list I think I have everyone's except yours and Angie's...will go see

Old 12-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #1750
Watercolor Wizard

Absolutely Everything, Topsfield, MA has a sale on Copics--buy 5 get 3 free! Not sure if they are honoring this sale on line--but I would gladly forward the email to anyone if interested!

Also, all the Christmas decor things at Joann's are on 60% sale--had to buy some platters and cookie boxes today...

Old 12-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #1751
Die Cut Diva

Linda,

Glad to hear you're feeling better!

I hope everyone else soon feels well, too.

Patti,

Thank you for the beautiful Christmas card! It was wonderful to find that in my mailbox today!!

About the addresses. I hope everyone that needs mine has it. Otherwise, please PM me and ask for it.

Well, gotta go wrap some gifts.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #1752
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda The produce stand closes Oct 31st so I have a few months to catch up at home ect.

I'm on the City council and I'm Mayor Pro tem plus I'm chairperson for the enhancement committee for our city so when I have time I spend as much time doing city business and going to classes. So I stay busy doing something all the time.

Glad to hear you are feeling better.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #1753
Watercolor Wizard

Tomorrow at AE---Spellbinders 50% off! I think I need to let Santa know this is one of the items on my wish list!!! EEEK...do I dare go there and buy a die or two? IT would be a sin to miss this--Spellbinders is on my list!!! Yikes...what's a girl to do?

Old 12-13-2012, 07:55 PM   #1754
Watercolor Wizard

I should have Tracie's addy--jeepers...we both did the 6x6 scrap page! I think the only person I don't have is Angie's! I"ll PM you if you are in my group next round!

Old 12-14-2012, 04:38 AM   #1755
SCS BRAK Coordinator

I am very close to getting the groups together and posting a new post. Hopefully this weekend sometime.

Today I have to see the insurance guy, finish up a little shopping, do some baking, finish 20 baby shower invitations, go to LSS about classes in January, and go see my parents. I'm tired already.

Meljen's Designs
Old 12-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #1756
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Absolutely Everything, Topsfield, MA has a sale on Copics--buy 5 get 3 free! Not sure if they are honoring this sale on line--but I would gladly forward the email to anyone if interested!

Also, all the Christmas decor things at Joann's are on 60% sale--had to buy some platters and cookie boxes today...
send to me please!! Thank you!

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #1757
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Lena for the explanation. I was wondering about it because you have talked about City Hall lately. Sound like a fun job at least part of the time.

Susanne, that is an awesome sale at AE. I have ordered from them before when you've mentioned something they have had on sale.

Tracie, looking forward to shopping for someone soon!

I made 4 batches of fudge yesterday. I made dark chocolate, milk chocolate, peanut butter and choc. mint. I have Pecan pralines and date nut roll to make. I then box it all up in tins and give it away to family and friends.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #1758
Watercolor Wizard

Pat--received your lovely Christmas card--beautiful--so elegant with the gold...who makes that adorable ornmament stamp? Love it! Thank you!

Old 12-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #1759
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
Thanks Lena for the explanation. I was wondering about it because you have talked about City Hall lately. Sound like a fun job at least part of the time.

Susanne, that is an awesome sale at AE. I have ordered from them before when you've mentioned something they have had on sale.

Tracie, looking forward to shopping for someone soon!

I made 4 batches of fudge yesterday. I made dark chocolate, milk chocolate, peanut butter and choc. mint. I have Pecan pralines and date nut roll to make. I then box it all up in tins and give it away to family and friends.

Linda all those different fudges sound wonderful. Made my mouth water.
I want to make some more Pumpkin bread to add to Tina's package which I have to mail on Monday!
Old 12-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #1760
Stazon Splitcoast

Pat I also received the cutest snowman card from you today! Thank you so much! What a cute image.

Hugs
Lena
Closed Thread