Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #1681
Watercolor Wizard

Wishing Patti super womanly power strength to get things done!!! I love having company--but hate the prep work! Especially if people are staying here-that means you have to go on super clean detail and get the showers, baths, make sure all the towels are clean and ready...new pillows...ahhaha..Oh boy...good luck Patti! Have fun at your crop too!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #1682
Watercolor Wizard

Quick run into JCPenney--I needed a new purse (my favorite place to buy good leather purses), So, I am at the check out and asked the clerk if the purses were on sale (surprised to see a tag for $60 on my purse)...He said, "What kind of sale are you looking for--I said 'a good one'--50% off purses! Yahoo, bought a new smaller wallet too--then they are giving these cute pins out--you go on line and match your #...I won a $10 gift certificate! Prizes vary but how cool is that?! I have not started my Christmas shopping yet---this week maybe?

Old 12-09-2012, 12:14 AM   #1683
Glitter Guru

Susanne- They are not ashamed to speak German but Croatian in the puplik ! When they were kids, it's been ok. But now, as a teenager, they do not want this anymore. They say : Mom, my friends are german, we are in germany so we speak German ! LOL They will appreciate it when they are adults to speak more languages ! Congrats on your win - very cool !

Kathy- I'm sure they do not talk about you but for this reason, my friends mostly speak German in our presence. I know that they do not talk about us but they also do not want it is misunderstood. AND thanks for your kind words

Angela- Aweseome kit from Linda !

Linda- Angelaīs card is adorable. It is a work of art !

Vickie- Luckily your ear is clear !
Old 12-09-2012, 05:57 AM   #1684
Watercolor Wizard

Imke..I think it's all very cool--just imagine if one of my kids decided to speak Spanish around the house?!!! hahaha They'd have to translate it for me and Tom!

My new purse if fabulous-I can finally (see and reach) everything inside--plus the long strap..I looooove it!

Promised a big breakfast (kid's still asleep)...putting a roast in the crocky today--so dinner is figured out--I need to make my Christmas List--need to start this shananaganz! Have a great Sunday everyone!

Old 12-09-2012, 06:23 AM   #1685
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

good morning; hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday; it's cold and raining here. A good day to stay inside and play (or, continue re-organizing my craftroom, or both!)

I used my pressure cooker one evening this past week and LOVE it! I started easy...just meat...fixed a petite sirloin roast and it was fall apart delish! It was so tender and moist that we had left overs the next evening! Going to fix chicken breasts tonight.

Linda, hope you are feeling better.
Denise, hope you are doing better.

Imke, I love your folded books. I tried something like that with a magazine to create a Christmas tree, gave up on it. May try again AFTER Christmas!

Susanne, I've not started Christmas shopping either; tree will go up sometime next week. None of our kids/grandkids will be home for Christmas. *sigh* Jenni takes Delt back to doctor on Monday for more tests. She has finals all next week; I sure don't know how she does it; she is very determined and strong-willed!

Two cups of Michigan Cherry coffee down the hatch so time to fix a little breakfast to go with the remaining pot! LOL
Old 12-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #1686
Stazon Splitcoast

Vickie, so glad for the good news about your ear.

Imke, of course we will ship to Germany and Canada!!

Hope the birthday party was great Kathy.

Thanks Tracie for hostessing!

I felt good enough to go to Church and the Church Christmas Dinner, but it was to much, I am ready to go lay down. If this headache ever goes away completely I will be fine. It makes me sick to my stomach.

Lynn, thanks again so much. I dropped my camera so these pictures are not too great. You can tell the photo I took after dropping the camera, and it won't shut off.
Thanks for everything Lynn.
Attached Thumbnails
100_0854.jpg   100_0855.jpg   100_0467_edited-1.jpg  

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 12-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #1687
Stazon Splitcoast

Angela, I am glad you got the package ok and that you like it...have fun.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #1688
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda, I LOVE IT!!! I have set aside tomorrow to play with my kits...I'm so looking forward to that.... I plan to check out the challenges on Feline Playful and combine as many as I can using my new goodies!

As far as Christmas shopping goes, I have the kids just about taken care of. Mostly I just have my family to finish...Mom, Dad, brother.

Fun package, Linda...looks like there are some fun diecuts included. I wish your headache would go away.

I have mentioned that Paisley's litter mate belongs to my friend. She started having trouble with her dog after it was spayed; her left hip was giving her trouble. She took it to a special animal Dr. and she has what's called OCD (not obsessive compulsive disorder, though). It is actually her ankle, not her hip; she also has arthritis. I am just sick for my friend, because she is alone and loves her dog so much...she wanted to name her "Savior". The dog may need expensive surgery in the future; for right now they are using medication and the dog needs to lose 14 pounds (she weighed 71 pounds...this seems crazy because she is tiny compared to Paisley). We are not going to mention it to Davis yet, until we talk to our vet. Paisley has never indicated that she is anything but healthy; she runs like a wild dog 2-3 times a day when DH and DS take her to their special spots...fields, parks, the beach, etc. I need to do some research and talk to the vet so we can get more facts. It just makes me sad, because she is officially Davis' dog and he loves her so much. Friday night my brother was over and was teasing Davis that he wanted to buy Paisley...Davis said he wouldn't sell her for even $5,000 and I really think he meant that...she's family.

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow

Last edited by monkeymama; 12-09-2012 at 01:44 PM..
Old 12-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #1689
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Thank you, Patti!

Here are some pictures of Patti's beautiful card and package. I love the textured CS bases...have not used that. Gorgeous papers, pretty stamps and images, ribbons, and fancy brads...note that the last package was in the pretty Christmas tissue, it has a cute snowman stamp and Crystal Light (my drink of choice!) for sipping while I work...awesome! My heartfelt thanks, Patti!
Attached Thumbnails
patti-december-2012.jpg   patti-december-2012-2.jpg   patti-december-2012-3.jpg   patti-december-2012-4.jpg  

I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 12-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #1690
Watercolor Wizard

Great kits Angela-sorry to hear about Paisley's litter mate--ya never know, maybe losing a lil' weight and taking it easy might help?

You don't need to tell us about lovin' our animals--Omgosh, my kids tease me because I talk nicer to Muddy (on some day's)...and guess what--he deserves it too! <smiles> He's a big o love dawg!

Linda--Nice kit too---I sure hope you are feeling better--take it easy and ask for the Santa Elves to help you out this time of year

Vickie--When (we) start our Christmas shopping--definitely hit JCPENNEY--my lil' $10 win is a small one-I hear there are some super prizes they are giving out with those lil' buttons! I am definitely going back there this week!

Patti--love the card you created for Angela--very sweet/nice colors!

(((Crockpot))) I just love my crockpot--what can I say--dinner was delish and it's magic--throw a roast in...hours later..perfect!

Have a good night everyone--Rented "Butter" to watch tonight and also watched "Ruby Sparks" last night--I think I better pull out some Christmas movies and CDs to get in Christmas mode here!

Old 12-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #1691
Die Cut Diva

Wow sounds like lots going on this weekend...Linda sorry you've not been feeling well, hope tomorrow is lots better. Glad you were able to get out a bit today. Gloomy and rain here...tomorrow the temp is supposed to drop again. Made lots of Christmas cards this weekend, I went to 3 different crops in 2 days!!
I need to get busy on Christmas shopping too but just can't squeeze the time in...Susanne glad you found the perfect purse, I like JC Pennys for purses too but haven't been there for a while. Not quite ready to head back to work tommorrow...
Old 12-10-2012, 04:25 AM   #1692
Glitter Guru

Thankīs that you all continue to send to Germany. I know the postage is quite high, so I would greatly appreciate it. Once the notice: Sent it as low as possible. Uses the flat rate envelopes if they are there with you. I do not want to create unnecessary costs

Angela- Fun kit and Pattiīs card is SO cute !!

Linda- Your kit from Lynne looks also great. Have fun !

Vickie- Let me know if you made the christmas tree. Sounds interesting.

Yesterday we got about 6 inch of snow ! Uuffff ! You can imagine how my day has started yesterday ? Yep, with snow shoveling ! Then it rained later and now we have a real slush outside.
Tonight I am going with my friend to the christmas market. I look forward to mulled wine, crepes, and all the sweet and savory treats. LOVE it !!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:13 AM   #1693

All of the kits are fabulous everyone! I love seeing each kit!

Imke, I'll see if I can find the link for the tree created from folded book pages; I have not been able to finish it...no patience to do it!

I started re-organizing my craftroom yesterday...it is non-stop at this point and a lot more to do; I am finding goodies I forgot I had!

Back at it for now; hope everyone has a marvelous Monday!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:15 AM   #1694

Here's the folded tree link:

Magazine Christmas Trees - Martha Stewart Holidays

Old 12-10-2012, 07:24 AM   #1695
Glitter Guru

Imke, I think you posted photos of the Christmas market last year, sounds like a great time. Sorry about the messy slushy snow, what a mess. And of course we will send to you, you've been here all along sending everywhere! Would hate to not have you as part of the group!

Vickie, I remember back in second grade we made a tree by folding a Reader's Digest (remember them) page by page, when it was all folded they spray painted it gold or silver and sprinkled with glitter. Was really cute, but time consuming.

Angela, I'm hoping Paisley wont have the same trouble as her sibling. Maybe the weight loss will help her sis.

Susanne, I've been hearing things about those JC Penny buttons, one friend of mine used one on her card, cute. Sounds like a great sale you caught!

Try not to over do it Linda, so you can recover!

Pat, three crops??!! What a fun filled weekend. Glad you were able to get a lot of cards made.

I saw Joanna's f/b pics, looks like boxes are everywhere. Wish we all were closer, we could lend a hand. At least she's getting into the new house, that is cool!

Hope everyone is doing well. Going to try to get crafty today. Does anyone have any good teacher gift ideas? I usually go with gift cards for the main teachers, but like to make a little something for the gym, art, music, library, lunch ladies, etc. I keep looking on Pinterest, but am not seeing anything that catches my eye. Angela, didn't you do some thing cute with mints?

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:54 AM   #1696
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathleen, here is the link to mint goodie bag. Easy and cute. I printed a sentiment with brown and green ink and made it into a tag; used brown and green ribbons to tie it onto the bag.

I've done some research on the dog situation:

---Paisley's father is active and healthy, age 8-9, has sired hundreds of pups, no known problems.
---Paisley's mother is active and healthy, age 4, Paisley was in her second litter of pups, first litter of pups would be 2 now and no known problems.
---OCD usually shows up between 4-10 months; the cause of OCD is considered to be multifactorial...there are several factors that contribute to the formation of OCD lesions including trauma to the joint, genetics, rapid growth, hormone imbalances, and nutrition.
---OCD is overgrowth of cartilage; instead of being attached to the bone, it separates or cracks.

So, the big question is...is Sam's condition caused by injury, or is it genetic? Two things are coming back to haunt me. #1 Marlyn has told me, that he has a weird feeling that Chris is going to have trouble with her dog and that he didn't think it would be healthy. #2 My brother told me that Chris let her dog jump out of the vehicle, onto pavement...he was very upset about this. He was concerned about the hips. Both things I just brushed off, but strange that I remember them now....

We are waiting to hear back from our vet. May need x-rays to confirm Paisley's health, and possibly her mother. We may need to get her spayed. Strange thing is, my brother has been a breeder for 17 years and has never had this come up.

I feel sick for my friend and worried about Paisley; we aren't mentioning anything to Davis until we have more information.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #1697
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathleen, check Feline Playful...you are a 2-time winner for Monday! Yay for you!

Old 12-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #1698
Hardware Hotshot

Hi all!!

I'm taking a break from unpacking about a million boxes to check in on you all! Ken is DRIVEN to get them done so both days this weekend we got up at the crack of dawn and didn't get to bed til late. He'd say, "how 'bout we do ONE more box?" Ugh! I suppose it's good that one of us is so task orientated. I'm like the dog from "UP" ... squirrel!! (so distractable!) The painters are here also so if I start not making sense, it's the fumes talkin'!

We had the move from H-E-double toothpick, but it's done.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:30 PM   #1699
Hardware Hotshot

Angela: I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's dog. I can totally understand how you've decided not to worry Davis. It's stressful wondering if Paisley could be affected too. I had never heard of OCD in dogs before. Please let us know what the vet says.

Linda: Sorry that you are under the weather. Sending you good thoughts for a better day.

Vickie: Yay, glad to hear that you can ... hear!

Tracie: I'm in for next round and of course I will ship to Germany and Canada.

The only bummer thing about this move (well, there are MANY bummer things about this move) but one of the worst is that I pre-made all my DT cards before dismantling my craft area and then, they got lost. I'm praying that I accidentally packed them and will find them soon. Number one because I spent a lot of time on them and two, they are darn cute cards. I'll be posting in my blog on Wednesday about the move (instead of posting my Sweet Sketch card, whimper) You can see how truly bad a move can be.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:22 PM   #1700
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello, Ladies!

Just had to jump in and say 'hi'! I won't be able to participate in the next round which makes me very sad. Life is very chaotic just now; some is good -- DH just started his new job and some not so much -- still having nurse schedule issues. I'm really hoping life will settle down after the holidays so I will be able to catch up with you in the round after this next one!

Angela -- this might ease your mind on Paisley: if both parents tested well on the OFA radiographs, then she has a very good chance of being clear, too. If her parents haven't had the OFA radiographs, it is probably a good idea to check out both before breeding them again. Hope Miss Paisley stays clear! Your brother is right because even if there is a genetic component, diet and excessive early exercise can also play a role.

Thank you so much for the beautiful cards I've received from Patti and Tracie! Both cards are so fun, it makes me miss not having time to make my cards this year. Thanks again for such cheery season's greetings!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #1701
Watercolor Wizard

Kath...I think its JCP's until Christmas sale--it started on Black Friday and goes until Christmas Eve! Check it out! The buttons are cute too--of course us Scrappers/Croppers/Card Designers would find other uses for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Curry View Post
Imke, I think you posted photos of the Christmas market last year, sounds like a great time. Sorry about the messy slushy snow, what a mess. And of course we will send to you, you've been here all along sending everywhere! Would hate to not have you as part of the group!

Vickie, I remember back in second grade we made a tree by folding a Reader's Digest (remember them) page by page, when it was all folded they spray painted it gold or silver and sprinkled with glitter. Was really cute, but time consuming.

Angela, I'm hoping Paisley wont have the same trouble as her sibling. Maybe the weight loss will help her sis.

Susanne, I've been hearing things about those JC Penny buttons, one friend of mine used one on her card, cute. Sounds like a great sale you caught!

Pat, three crops??!! What a fun filled weekend. Glad you were able to get a lot of cards made.

I saw Joanna's f/b pics, looks like boxes are everywhere. Wish we all were closer, we could lend a hand. At least she's getting into the new house, that is cool!

Hope everyone is doing well. Going to try to get crafty today. Does anyone have any good teacher gift ideas? I usually go with gift cards for the main teachers, but like to make a little something for the gym, art, music, library, lunch ladies, etc. I keep looking on Pinterest, but am not seeing anything that catches my eye. Angela, didn't you do some thing cute with mints?

Old 12-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #1702
Watercolor Wizard

Kathleen--two gifts that my kids-- teacher's LOVED: Fiskars paper trimmer (their Math teacher HUGGED me for this one!) and Knifty Knitter Looms with one chunky skein of yarn (picked cream /neutral)--if you time this right--use Michaels/Joann's coupy's and you'll be good to go! PS. I also started them on the Knifty Knitter--showed them how to bind on/off--they loved it! The flat straight loom is cheap (comes with a big needle and tool in a plastic package) Remember their off school for Christmas and might like to learn a new craft!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Curry View Post

Old 12-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #1703
Watercolor Wizard

Jessica--we'll miss you and welcome you back! Thanks for hosting all the 'every-other-rounds' for us! I hope things settle down for you too. Best wishes for a great Christmas and Happy New Year!

Old 12-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #1704
Hardware Hotshot

Sounds like everyone is busy!!!

I may have missed some of that chatter, but what scrapbook pages are we still missing? I think I'm missing two still.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #1705
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeOnline View Post
Sounds like everyone is busy!!!

I may have missed some of that chatter, but what scrapbook pages are we still missing? I think I'm missing two still.
I have the following:

Have: Patti, Heather, Linda, Denise, Pat, Vickie, Tracie, Kathleen,Imke, Susanne,

Have Nots: QueenieJO, Angela,

Am I right? Did I forget anyone? I have Ali's too (but she's not in our "official" group...

Patti...how we doin' here?

Old 12-11-2012, 03:59 AM   #1706
Glitter Guru

Those are good ideas Susanne. I saw a cute gift for an art teacher, a jar full of glue sticks with a tag that says "stuck on you". One of my teacher friends says she would love it, because they are always running out. Loved the mint idea, too Angela.

Jess, sorry things are so busy/hectic for you. Bummer on the lack of nursing. That must be stressful for you and dh. Glad you stopped by to say hi. Make sure you pop in if you get a chance next round, just to say hello and let us know how you are doing.

Jo, crossing fingers that you find those cards. They must be packed away somewhere.

Angela, really hoping Paisley is OK, and her sibling, too. I didn't know dogs shouldn't jump onto concrete, I've seen many dogs hop out of cars/trucks, etc. Having never owned a dog I didn't think anything of it, but it makes sense that would be rough on the joints.

Vickie, I'm going to round up some old magazines and get the kids folding. My oldest loves origami, so this might occupy him for quite some time, lol!

We are celebrating Hannukah here today, lol, even though we are not Jewish. My 4 year old was in charge of the Hannukah song at the holiday show, so he is insisting we celebrate this year. So I made lattkes for breakfast.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week.

Thanks to Tracie and Patti for the gorgeous Christmas cards. They are the prettiest ones I've received! Love them both, really brightened my day!
Old 12-11-2012, 04:10 AM   #1707
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, ladies!

Heather, you are missing my page. After 3 rounds, I still have crummy photos. I will keep trying.

Yesterday was a bad day; our vet wants us to watch Paisley until she is 14-16 months old...if there are no signs, it is his estimation that she should be okay. Based on what he knows about my friends's dog, he suggested that she be put down. I am not telling my friend this since her vet wants to try the medication. Last night when Marlyn took Paisley out before bed, he noticed something with her left, back leg and he noticed it again this morning. I am leery since it has never been noted before and he tends to have a flair for drama. He is mad at me because I doubt him, but I really think he is looking for something and could be imagining this. (He also thought that I didn't know how to take care of our kids when they were sick babies/tots. He wouldn't listen to, and would do the opposite, of what I would tell him...keep in mind that I am a nurse and that is how I support our family.) It is a freak occurrence, not a situation to place blame. My brother hand-picked this litter for us...he wanted us to have a great dog. It is all very stressful.

Davis needs help with his hair....

Old 12-11-2012, 04:40 AM   #1708
Watercolor Wizard

Angela--if its any comfort to you--Tom once noticed how Muddy ran as a pup--favored a leg here and there (same leg)--like his two back legs ran at the same time instead of apart from one another--(something like this) this is all before his awful accident--it was nothing. I would never put a dog 'down' unless they were in serious pain--I would definitely try the meds--Wow, this breaks my heart...poor pup!

You have to think-dogs never stop--up/down/running/stairs/go-go-go...I am sure they have their "sore" days just like us humans--We always checked Kippy/Muddy's paws for anything odd--ya never know what they can get walking/running on when they take off-- I am hopeful!

But then again, my mother's doctor once told me (in front of her) that I should put her in a nursing home!!!!! You should have heard my response to him--it was just short of a fresh slap across his face! I was pregnant with Kala--I ripped him a new one! How dare he...so when doctors say something--I take it with a grain of salt! Always be hopeful-things work out-put it in God's hands...

Alrighty now, enough of the Susanne Sermon for the day!

60's here in December--this is getting old (remind me I said this after we are pounded with snow--hopefully for Christmas!)

Have to share: Patrick works out-lifting weights at the gym. He's been eating very well too. So last night I asked what he would like for lunches; salad, "yourgit" etc...Then I mentioned that I bought some vanilla ice cream (and should I stop this?) He said, "Well, a lil' bit of sugar is okay!!!" Tom and I got a kick out of this-he LOVES his ice cream!!! Must be b'cuz I was not a breast feeding mom? haha Who knows--but its his one thing--so I think it's OKay to have your one thing especially since he's working out and eating well everywhere else...too funny though huh?

Imke--there will be another envy for you--follow-up to your December kit--DUH, I forgot something!

Old 12-11-2012, 04:44 AM   #1709
Watercolor Wizard

Jess--hope I didn't sound so "final" up there..haha--Just reread my blurp to you...((((hugs))) I didn't mean to sound so cold! <smilin'> Hurry up and come back!

Old 12-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #1710
Stazon Splitcoast

Tracie, letting you know Denise is out this new round. Her phone is broke so she has no way of contacting anyone. They are having some hard times right now.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-11-2012, 08:48 AM   #1711
Stazon Splitcoast

Jessica you will be missed. I can't think of a single swap that I've been in that you weren't in so I know I will miss you. Pop in and chat when you can please. Life has a way of doing this to us once in a while.

My arthritis has decided to really go to town on my hands. They are swollen twice their size and lots of joints won't bend at all. This is the worst it's been in over 10 years so don't know what I'll be getting done around here today. I know from experience within a few days or a week it will be better.

I read all the posts but can't type anymore so I will check in tomorrow.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #1712
Stazon Splitcoast

Susanne, thanks for your kind words. I know you have been through a lot with Muddy and you handle it very well. Pets are family aren't they? I guess that's the way it should be.

Kathleen, how was the party? Can you believe you have a 9 yr. old?

Jessica and Denise will both be missed...but will hopefully be back with us again next round.

Linda, I am sorry to hear your arthritis is giving you trouble...do you have something special you do when you have a flare-up? Will be thinking of you and sending good thoughts.... Hoping your headache is better....

Good grief...lots of fun mail has come my way! Imke's scrapbook page...fabulous! Christmas cards from Tracie and Patti...fabulous! Thank you, ladies, for your kindness in sharing your beautiful creations.

It is snowing here...and sticking a bit too. So far what little snow we had gotten melted. Davis will be all fired up to work on a snow fort.

Ivy and I have hair appointments today. I think this will be my last donation...I am tired of wearing my hair long and I want it gone!

Better get back to work; I am getting lots done around the house today.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #1713

I, too, want to thank Tracie and Patti for the beautiful Christmas cards.

I am going to have a New Year resolution (goal!)...send birthday cards and holiday cards.

My room re-organization hasn't gone so well...I can't find stuff now. I thought I was making good headway, until I looked at the counters and my stamping desk...oh my, they are covered and I can't see the tops of them...thiis clean up is for another day/week/year!!

Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:53 PM   #1714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
Tracie, letting you know Denise is out this new round. Her phone is broke so she has no way of contacting anyone. They are having some hard times right now.
I am so sorry to hear this; hard times are always harder when your health is down too. Keeping Denise and family in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #1715
SCS BRAK Coordinator

My goodness, I miss a couple days and I have some catching up to do.

Linda - Sorry to hear that Denise is having a rough time. I'm sure it is hard for you to watch as a parent.

Vickie - I just laughed about your craft room. I keep showing my DH pictures of all these wonderful craft rooms but I really wouldn't know where to start.

I love all the teacher ideas on here. My niece was looking for some ideas. She comes to me for crafty ideas.

A little enabling here. I bought the new cutter from Stampin Up and I love it. Why, you ask? The base is 6 x 12 which means the 4.25 and 5.5 cut can be made without pulling out the extension. The blades (scorer and cutter) go above the cutting line so there is no transferring of blades. Vickie - have you bought one?

Okay I have to get busy. I have to make a scrapbook for a volunteer at the hospital who has been volunteering for 36 years. She turns 90 in February. Since she worked in my department, I got selected to make the scrapbook.

I hope to get names picked this weekend. I will start a new post soon.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #1716
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello ladies can I play this round? I'm not sure what you are talking about when you are talking about scrapbook pages. I don't scrapbook. So if that is what the next round is I guess I'll have to pass?! Let me know! I miss everyone being across the hall!
Old 12-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #1717
Glitter Guru

Linda, sorry your arthritis is acting up. My nana used to swear by a copper bracelet (think it was copper) that helped her hands. Her's would swell like you are describing and she said it was very painful. Sorry you are suffering with the pain, that stinks. Sorry Denise is having problems right now, too. She can't seem to catch a break with her health, was hoping the IVs last time would help her.

Angela, really hoping Paisley will be fine. Hoping your hubby is just seeing something, because he is looking and worried, and that it is really nothing. That must be stressful for you and him and your brother, too.

Tracie, I haven't seen the cutter, will have to look. I need some SU cardstock soon, so I'll check out the cutter, too.

Cal's party was fun. There were only 10 kids (a lot of people were busy this close to the holidays), but the kids had fun. The theater did a good job. The kids all got drinks and popcorn, and they refilled them halfway through. Then after they had a party room with pizza and chicken fingers. It was cute.

Angela, didn't you two just donate? Your hair must grow quickly, that is so awesome of you both. Are you going to go for a dramatically different look?

I need to finish some laundry. My machine broke again (socks stuck, for the second time). Think I need to get a garment bag, one of those mesh things to wash them in. Such a pain, to have to get the Sears guy out here to take everything apart. So, 36 hours with out a washer puts me way behind, lol!

Hope everyone is doing well tonight!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #1718
Watercolor Wizard

Kathleen--I can so identify w/ a broken washer--dead dryer--that was ME before I bought this new set with our tax refund! For a few months schlepping to the laundry mat with 16 loads--one day that pile fell out of my van in the parking lot---I came home like a raging bull--that's it..Either we earmark a chunk of money for new appliances or YOU get to do this every week! Poof...like magic! I did make a good point...I said..."Tom, imagine you driving to work with 3 wheels on your car...or one leg, no lunch and an angry wife at home? hahahahahaha..Yeah, I made my point-laundry appliances are a necessity! BINGO! I now do 16 loads in 4 with these heavy duty mama's churnin' out the work!

I should be overtired, but had a huge cup of coffee after dinner tonight and wide awake (looking at clock) @ 12:54 est! Oh boy tomorrow is going to be a long day!

Tracie-so far my Fiskars trimmer does the job--but will take a look at the SU version the next time I need one---thanks for your enabler advice! It helps-because we go through our supplies like toilet paper I always say!

Old 12-11-2012, 10:18 PM   #1719
Glitter Guru

Lena, donīt worry about the scrapbook page. As we swap so long we wanted to make an album of us. For this reason, each has made ​​of himself a page. It is not part of this swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by tackertwosome View Post
Hello ladies can I play this round? I'm not sure what you are talking about when you are talking about scrapbook pages. I don't scrapbook. So if that is what the next round is I guess I'll have to pass?! Let me know! I miss everyone being across the hall!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:37 PM   #1720
Glitter Guru

Angela- My hair is also getting shorter as I get older. I know I'm only 37 .... ok 38 in 19 days LOL My hair is now shoulder length and to me is enough. I'm excited for what you decide. Great that you also got my page.

Tracie- I hear about the new SU trimmer and i should be really good. I have a Fiskars and iīm also happy with it.

Linda- Sorry about your arthritis pain. I hope it goes some days better. Is maybe the weather ? We will miss Denise. I'm sorry that she is going through a difficult time. It could only get better and somehow it always continues, right ? I wish her all the best.

Jessica- We will miss you ! Please, check in from time to time to say HELLO !!

Kathy- ONLY 10 kids???? A horde of 9 year-old children would be enough for me ! LOL Itīs great that they had a fun party. And iīm sorry about your washer. With 4 children I can imagine what that means.

Heather- As you see, the others have received my page and I hope it is coming to you soon !!

Patti- Thanks for your sweet Christmas card !!

Vickie- The recycled christmas trees looks great. I found this on pinterst. I like the version with the many punched circles. Maybe next year....

Susanne- Thanks for letting me know about the second envie. I get even more from you, Pat and Denise. This is not just like Christmas and birthday at the same day - it IS christmas and birthday at the same day for me. LOL Iīm really curious !!

Last edited by germanstampler; 12-11-2012 at 10:51 PM..
Closed Thread