Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 07:03 AM   #1641
Stazon Splitcoast

Imke, I love your books. Thanks so much for sharing, now going to look them up on Pinterest. Looks like a great idea.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #1642
Die Cut Diva

Susanne,

I'm not sure how much snow we have gotten over the past day or so. Several centimeters, that's for sure. At least it's giving it a rest today. Phew!
Old 12-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #1643
Die Cut Diva

Linda,

I hope your kit arrives soon. My apologies that it has taken this long.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #1644
Stazon Splitcoast

Good grief, rain today and they say snow tomorrow!

Wow, it was quite the lucky mail day for me today...a total of 4 packages came! Thank you to Jessica, Linda, and Patti! All I can say is I felt like it was my birthday. Will post pictures tomorrow of the wonderful goodies...thank you all so much!

Have been running this afternoon; picked the kids up from school, took Davis to the library to volunteer, went for groceries, made a quick supper, took Ivy to Pep Band/Wrestling (she made sure to let me know there was a GIRL wrestler...plus, she was NOT MANLY and VERY PRETTY to boot!), took Davis to town to get a hair cut, then for jeans and flannel shirts, back home to our town, then back to school to pick Ivy up. Whew, I am about ready to crash! LOL

Hope everybody had a great Thursday!

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 12-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #1645
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
One of my friends has a 3 month old little guy named Sammie; he was admitted into the hospital yesterday for RSV. Someone mentioned they thought it was early for RSV; Patti, do you know anything about that? She is a new Mom and had been worried because he had a cold last week.
Oh, yes, it is RSV season. We start immunizing our preemies that are close to going home starting in late October/early November, and they get a shot monthly thru March or April. RSV has symptoms that are initially like a cold, only it gets worse. Daniel had it when he was 7 months old, fortunately dodged a hospital admit because he was able to take enough liquids and not get dehydrated, plus Rachel gave him respiratory treatments at home. Is Sammie in daycare? Much more likely to get it from daycare, but not impossible if he is at home with mom. Adults can get RSV,too, but we think we have a bad cold, we don't get as severely sick as the little ones. Poor Mom, it's hard to have your baby admitted to the hospital, no matter what the reason, but little Sammie should be fine within a week or so.

Glad to hear your goodies arrived, Angela! It is a lot like having a birthday, I loved my "shower" month, it was so much fun!!

Tracie and Angela, got your pm's and plan to acknowledge...just haven't had time!

On my way back into work, have a hellish schedule for the next couple of weeks, only 2 nights off out of the next 11. Oh well...

Hope everyone is doing well, and getting ready for the holidays without tooooo much stress.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:46 PM   #1646
Die Cut Diva

Angela you sound just like my daughter...wow. The real problem is that its begining to be the norm. I just don't know how you girls do it, bad enough if you are SAHM but working outside the home too.

So glad the weekend is almost here...I guess this is FRIDAY EVE!!
Happy St Nick's day!!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #1647
Forum Fanatic

Grands “Unsloppy Joes”

1 pound (at least 80%) ground beef, cooked drained
1 can of 15oz Sloppy Joe sauce “Manwich”
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 can (16.3oz) Pillsbury Grands Refrigerated Biscuits
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Heat oven 375. In a large skillet cook ground beef until thoroughly cooked. Drain fat, stir in sauce and chili powder-simmer 5 minutes.

Open biscuits and press each biscuit out to 6”. Spoon 1/3 cup of meat mixture in the center of biscuit and a add good size tablespoon of the cheese on top.

Fold dough in half over filling; press to seal by pinching together. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. *The dough is easy to work-it does not tear apart.

Bake 9-14 minutes or until light golden brown

They wind up being about the size of a women’s hand-very tasty and great quick meal—6 -8 per standard size cookie sheet.

NOTE: I made this with almost 2lbs of meat/doubled the cheese and bought 2 cans of Grands biscuits—(bought the larger “Manwich” by accident so that worked out)…Refrigerated left over’s and just got a thumbs-up (from Shane) that they are good reheated too!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com

Last edited by Susanne527; 12-06-2012 at 07:38 PM..
Old 12-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #1648
Forum Fanatic

Hello Ladies!
I made these "Unsloppy Joes" this week and wanted to share...very tasty,neat and not soggy!

If you are ever in a rut about a quick meal--go ck out the Pillsbury site--You can basically cook anything in their dough's--Stromboli in Pizza dough (watch temps with this-I had to turn down my oven)--the above in Biscuit dough--so easy and tasty! Lately, I have had 2 extra people or all of us running in at different times--make it and leave it out--let them all heat it up! Two of K's friends love eating dinner here--so they arrive as I am in prep mode!! Flattered they enjoy my cooking and amazed on how many families really don't have a sit down dinner time-- but need to know in advance since most times I only plan for us. At our house, TV goes off, phones put aside--we talk, eat, tell stories--it's just how it goes! If someone gets wise and wants to eat and watch TV (game on) I'll let them slide once in awhile...but really--how much longer will it be until they are out of the house and I am out of touch w/ them?!!!

Angela--good for you--kits galore! We cannot wait to see your goodies! So Ivy is a wrestler huh? Wow, brave girl! I bet the boys want to wrestle with her because she is so darn pretty!!! (Can I say that nowadays?)...Does she practice with Davis? Shane and Patrick are like lumberjacks--they'll start in the TV room and I have to yank them apart!!! I think it's a guy thing since my brothers did it awhile when we were growing up--the second dinner was over--they'd be rolling around in the living room-mad house!!! haha

Old 12-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #1649
Die Cut Diva

Sounds great Suss, I'm always looking for new things to fix when the kids are here.
Thanks
Old 12-06-2012, 07:46 PM   #1650
Forum Fanatic

IMKE--totally forgot--DUH...I mailed your Dec goodie stash today! I put it in Shane's car on Sunday/Monday <blur> the other day--but Tom's been very generous with his car this week--so off I go in his car...today, when Patrick got home from school I ran out to the trunk "boot" (as they say in the UK) and grabbed your envy! Off it goes to Germany! Oh I so hope you get it soon... Enjoy!

Old 12-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #1651
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciae View Post
Sounds great Suss, I'm always looking for new things to fix when the kids are here.
Thanks
Pat...I stalk the recipe sites....recipes dot com, allrecipes dot com and the Kraft, Pillsbury and just plug in "casseroles" in my Google search...

Chef John's site is good-he does a nice tutorial--love his voice---makes it easy to watch--no outrageous ingredients either--take a peek and pick it up while I am out of the house during the day.

Shane skipped dinner tonight (college snoozer on the couch) He said he was hungry (watching Batman movie while I was making lunches)...I said...you have 3 choices; left over sloppy joes, ham or rotisserie chicken sandwich..pick one! He wanted my left-over Joes!

Old 12-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #1652
Glitter Guru

I see posts I want to respond to and then by the time I read them all, I've forgotten everything!!

Imke, "pimping" those books was the PERFECT saying. Made me giggle too.

I was also putting my pages in my book in the order I received them and tonight I alphabetized them. I need Angela's page so that I don't have to start at myself every time I open the book.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:25 AM   #1653
Gallery Gazer

Susanne- Thanks for the note about my package and for the "books" on pinterest. I have to check it out.

Angela- What a stressful day !

Heather- Nice if I could get you to smile My English sometimes makes me scared and I hope that I do not use bad words

Happy Friday !
Old 12-07-2012, 03:41 AM   #1654
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Susanne, will have to try your recipe...I think the kids would like it. No, Ivy is NOT wrestling...thank goodness...she was just making her point that there was a girl on one of the three teams present! She is quite fascinated by a girl at one of the schools in our conference...she plays football, etc. and is big and burly like the boys. She is a bit of a legend, so at times I will hear, "Guess what Sage did?" I am all for "girl power", but would rather have Ivy demonstrate that in other ways than male sports! Her good friend won his match last night is less than a minute, which is pretty cool as a freshman wrestling varsity. Back when I was in school the boys would wear a fancy safety pin on their hats for every pin they got...don't know if they still do that?

Davis got a new haircut last night...the stylist did a really good job and taught him how to style it at home. We will see how he does this morning.... He has a really thick head of hair that is often unruly...he said they tell him he has "overactive follicles". I have never heard that term, have any of you?

Time to make sure the troops are up!

I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 12-07-2012, 04:04 AM   #1655
Forum Fanatic

Imke--giggling here about the 'bad words'..too funny. You have the perfect defense if the SCS police question your verbage--tell them you speak German and are doing your very best with our crazy English language! I am always amazed that you communicate so well in English--My mom's mother language was Lithuanian-they spoke it around her house growing up--Circa 1927. They lived in a predominately Lithuanian neighborhood in Marquette Park, (south Chicago) area-so they spoke it socially as well. As my mom's family went to school-they learned English--but I was always amazed if she didn't want us to hear her conversation (speaking to my aunt on the phone), she'd segway into Lithuanian mid-sentence...or a couple of words! It would drive us nuts; Mom speaking to Auntie Donnie: "Did you hear about the....(lithuanian words here) back to English, few more (Lithuanian churps here)...she would get off the phone and we'd say (repeating the Lithuanian word to the best of our ability)..Mom would say "nevermind"! So I basically can say "hello how are you" and "swear words" in Lithuanian!!! haha

Old 12-07-2012, 04:08 AM   #1656
Forum Fanatic

<--has 'overactive follicles' and didn't even know it!!! haha Aka; bed head! If I were to wash my hair before bed (very thick hair) I would look like a zombie in the morning--I have had my picture taken first thing in the morning because my hair is so smashed and funny looking! I always sleep on my right side--it's like that side of my face is totally smashed down when I get up!!! <laughing here> Tom used to say..."Nice hairdo!" As I grovel and walk to the coffee pot in the morning!

Old 12-07-2012, 04:11 AM   #1657
Forum Fanatic

One more thing...So I am all done with my sister's swap--has there been any decision which way we are going to do it in 2013? A) 1 sister or 4 sister's?

Hey Jess--how are you doing? LTNS!

What's everyone got planned for this weekend? Anyone done with their Christmas shopping? (I have not started!)

Old 12-07-2012, 04:24 AM   #1658
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Susanne - Can't wait to try your recipe.

Does anyone have a recipe for a snack mix using oyster crackers. I want to do something different than the usual chex mix to give to my neighbors.

Day off today but have a list a mile long of things I need to do. Better get busy.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 12-07-2012, 05:36 AM   #1659
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Just a quick hello and good morning; will have to go back and read posts to catch up.

Tracie, I've had the oyster crackers with the dry ranch dressing mix and it's good; I think if you google oyster crackers you'll find it.

Have a doctor appointment followup for my ear this afternoon. It does feel better but not quite back to what it was.

Need to brew a pot of coffee and do breakfast; don't know where the time goes!
Old 12-07-2012, 07:54 AM   #1660
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Thank you, Jessica!

I will show you ladies more over the next couple of days...I am going alphabetically and starting with Jessica today....

See the beautiful Magnolia card! I love the Christmas themed papers, stamps, embellies, and chocolates! You all must have noted that I tend to buy plain ribbon...now I have lots of fancy stuff to use...yay! My heartfelt thanks, Jessica...I love it all!
Attached Thumbnails
jessica-december-2012.jpg   jeccica-december-2012-2.jpg   jessica-december-2012-3.jpg  

Old 12-07-2012, 07:57 AM   #1661
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay, I have to make myself start my card for CDS December release...1 down, 1 to go...I would really rather get busy with my new goodies!

Tracie has kindly offered to host the next round, which works out great because Jessica is unable to. Thank you, Tracie!

Old 12-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #1662
Gallery Gazer

Thanks Tracie !

How is Jessica doing ? I hope she is well.

Quote:
Okay, I have to make myself start my card for CDS December release...1 down, 1 to go...I would really rather get busy with my new goodies!

Tracie has kindly offered to host the next round, which works out great because Jessica is unable to. Thank you, Tracie!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #1663
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Okay so I want to get the groups sorted out. Who wants to continue for the next round?

Thanks Angela for doing such a great job with Round 9. I may have questions for you.

Meljen's Designs
Old 12-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #1664
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclary View Post
Okay so I want to get the groups sorted out. Who wants to continue for the next round?

Thanks Angela for doing such a great job with Round 9. I may have questions for you.
I'm in !!

Same format as this round? How many months (or will the number of players influence that?)
Old 12-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #1665
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Unless someone has any other ideas I think we will do February, March, April & May like we did this last round. I think everyone is pretty busy this time of year so we will start shopping again in January.

Meljen's Designs
Old 12-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #1666

Thank you Tracie for continuing with the next round. I'm in! And, I'm thankful we begin with February!
Old 12-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #1667
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie1974 View Post
Linda,

I hope your kit arrives soon. My apologies that it has taken this long.
No problem at all Lynn. It came today and it is wonderful. I am under the weather and it has cheered me up bunches. Thank you so much for all of it, so many wonderful things. Can;t wait to try the markers. I will post photos later. I have a horrid headache, haven't had one like this in years. Sore throat and feel like doing nothing but sleeping. Will try to get photos soon.
again, thanks so much.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-07-2012, 01:36 PM   #1668
Stazon Splitcoast

Tracie, will you mix us up so we have new groups or same groups. I want in for sure.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #1669
Glitter Guru

Aww, Linda, I'm so sorry you are so sick. Stay in bed and rest.

Angela, I saw a yahoo article today about a football playing girl, and thought of Ivy and her desire to wrestle. So funny that she is telling you about the girl who is pretty and feminine and a wrestler. Great kit from Jessica, enjoy!

Susanne, sounds like your house is the hip hangout. It's great that all of the friends want to come over. We try to sit down every night, too. Sometimes Chuck is on the road, but then it's just the kids and I sitting down, but I think it's important.

Vickie, hope the dr. appt. goes well.

Imke, those books are so cool. Decorated so well, too. I'm sure your friends loved them, what a great gift.

We got our CSA today and have more potatoes than I can figure out what to do with. Someone told me you can make mashed potatoes and freeze them. Any advice? It's hard because none of the kids like potatoes at all (who ever heard of a half Irish kid not liking a potato?????!!!!!). I just don't want them to get rotten.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. We have my oldest's birthday party tomorrow at the movie theater. Should be fun! He turned 9 yesterday.

Tracie, thank you for hosting the next round, I'm in!
Old 12-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #1670
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Linda I am going to mix it up. Once I find out who is in I will draw names. Do you think Denise will be able to play?

Meljen's Designs
Old 12-07-2012, 06:13 PM   #1671
Forum Fanatic

Kathleen--funny about the 1/2 Irish kids and potatoes...Do you whip yours with butter, milk and sour cream? I got all these Irish people eating em that way here!!! Lithuanian put a dash of sour cream in everything it seems! Kala lives on potatoes (vegetarian) so I change em up all the time as side dishes. Also she mixes her veggies right into her "pile" on her plate--broc, corn, carrots--she adds her own garlic seasoning--I guess if that's all you are eating you must diversify!

Tracie--thanks for hosting #10 already--Count me in! I thought Denise said she was not going to join us but would stop in to visit--is that on this thread of the monthly image thread? Um...don't quote me--lets see what Linda/Denise have to say I guess!

Linda--feel better--there's that cold virus roaming around up here-my SIL has had it for 2 weeks and sounds awful...take care of yourself!

Angela--as always-thee perfect host! Thanks for takin' care of us in Round #9!

Old 12-07-2012, 10:39 PM   #1672
Die Cut Diva

I'm definitely in for the next round, if you ladies will continue to have me! This has been one of my favorite ongoing swaps to participate in.

Linda,

I'm glad it finally arrived! I'm sorry you are feeling so ill and under the weather. Try and get as much rest as possible. And try and stay hydrated. It sounds like a cold/flu, but if the sore throat keeps up, go to the doctor so they can rule out strep.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:07 AM   #1673
Gabfest Goddess

Tracie, thanks for being our Round 10 hostess!! I'm in again--can't miss out on this great group of gals! (ooooh, don't you just love my alliteration so early on a Saturday?) will you be starting a new thread for the new round?

Angela, you busy lady, you! (aren't we all, though?) Three kits--happy Christmas, merry Birthday! What fun! Wonderful kit from Jess! Hope you can find the time to play with all you do with the kids, and work...

Linda, sorry to hear you are under the weather. Hope you feel better SOON!!

And hoping Vickie's doctor visit went well, and you can finally get that ear back to normal!!

I have one night off (Sunday) before Tom's youngest brother, Greg, and his family arrive on Friday from Cincinnati. They will be staying with us this year since my mom-in-law is moving after the holidays. (they've never stayed with us before--they usually stay with MIL or SIL). AND my dear friend Connie treated me to an all-day 12 hour crop on Sunday, so tomorrow, although fun, will be a bust. Just trying to figure out how I will get house cleaning, grocery shopping and meal prep done. All of a sudden, my stress-free holiday isn't so stress free! Oh, well, I'll get through it somehow; we women always seem to.

Wishing everyone here a great Saturday!
Old 12-08-2012, 06:44 AM   #1674
Gallery Gazer

Tracie- Thanks for hosting the next round. If there are enough peeps who are willing to send to Germany -counīt me in !!! The period sounds perfect for me and to make it in the same way like this round also.

Linda- Hope you are feeling better today !! AND have fun with your goodies !

Patti- Sounds like a fully house during the holdiays. I hope you find some time to relax. Donīt stress yourself !

Kathy- Happy birthday to your DS. I wish a super fun day at the movie theater !!

Susanne- Some of my friends are from Croatia and if it is to go fast, they speak Croatian. If they yell at the kids too.
Native languages ​​are a good thing. But mostly there are the languages ​​of the parents and not the children. The children of my friends are born and raised in Germany and they did not speak in public. It's a little embarrassing to them.
My girlfriend talks to her daughter in Croatian and she answers in German. Super funny.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:41 AM   #1675

JCI to say hello! Doctor appointment went well; ears are clear, no more fluid behind eardrum! Whew!

Wishing everyone a super Saturday!
Old 12-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #1676
Glitter Guru

Imke, it's so funny about native languages. I only speak English, but at the bus stop one mom always speaks to her son in Polish and there are two Indian families who will speak to each other and the kiddos in their native language. I always wonder if they are talking about me, lol.

Susanne, I've tried every variation of mashed potatoes, sour cream, cream cheese, roasted garlic, heavy cream, parmesan cheese.... I love them ALL, the kids, not so much.

Imke, I'm sure people are willing to mail to Germany, you could never leave this group!!!!

Patti, just do what you can, and it will work out. The crop might be an unexpected relaxing day in the middle of the holiday stress.

Vickie, glad the ear is clear, that is a relief!
Old 12-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #1677
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Thank you, Linda!

Here are some pictures of the goodies from Linda...beautiful handmade card, beautiful papers, such pretty diecuts, and lovely embellies! Of course Davis and I had to sample the Milky Way Simply Caramel bars...very good...I can see why you ladies love them so much! Have never seen Bazzill patterned paper before...that is a really pretty pack.... My heartfelt thanks, Linda!
Attached Thumbnails
linda-december-2012.jpg   linda-december-2012-2.jpg   linda-december-2012-3.jpg   linda-december-2012-4.jpg  

Last edited by monkeymama; 12-08-2012 at 03:42 PM..
Old 12-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #1678
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello; hope everybody's weekend is going great!

How was the party, Kathleen? Did the kids have a great time? Too funny about the football-playing girl...Ivy would be all over that story. The one she knows from our area has injured some boys...I tell you, she is a legend! LOL All of the potatoes you mentioned sound so good...I would eat them.... Have you ever tried twice baked? My Mom used to make them and they are so good. How about sweet potatoes? Have tried to make my own fries, but they are so hard to cut they were more like sweet potato chunks...funny looking, but yummy!

Linda, do you feel better today? Sending you "get well" thoughts....

Patti, most days are not nearly so busy...thank goodness! To much running makes me cranky...I am the happiest hanging out at home. Too bad the crop and company collide...Kathleen may be right, maybe the crop will be just what you need. Enjoy and have fun. Is Tom a good help? Marlyn will help some, but I have to leave very explicit directions and cross my fingers. How come you got scheduled for so many nights? Do you have mandatory overtime?

Vickie, so glad to hear the good news about your ear!

I don't know if any of you have heard about the 2 young girls, from Iowa, who have been missing since this summer. Their bodies were found by hunters; I had heard about it in our news, but then I saw it on MSN too. So sad....

One of the girls hit a deer on the way to work this morning. She was only 6 miles from home and was driving her new car. She is okay, but very shaken up; she didn't work.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #1679
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanstampler View Post
Tracie- Thanks for hosting the next round. If there are enough peeps who are willing to send to Germany -counīt me in !!! The period sounds perfect for me and to make it in the same way like this round also.

Linda- Hope you are feeling better today !! AND have fun with your goodies !

Patti- Sounds like a fully house during the holdiays. I hope you find some time to relax. Donīt stress yourself !

Kathy- Happy birthday to your DS. I wish a super fun day at the movie theater !!

Susanne- Some of my friends are from Croatia and if it is to go fast, they speak Croatian. If they yell at the kids too.
Native languages ​​are a good thing. But mostly there are the languages ​​of the parents and not the children. The children of my friends are born and raised in Germany and they did not speak in public. It's a little embarrassing to them.
My girlfriend talks to her daughter in Croatian and she answers in German. Super funny.
This is too funny--why would the kids be embarrassed to speak German in public? I think it is wonderful--it's like they are speaking in secret code around me when I hear someone speaking a different language in Boston (even someone who speaks Spanish in the grocery store locally)...and love how the daughter answers in German when her mom speaks to her in Croatian--is the language like one another or very different?

Funny: Our Stop & Shop Grocery store has automated checkout counters-you have a choice of English or Spanish. The woman's voice sounds a lot like a GPS (giving directions in a car). So, when K and I are bored--we flip it to Spanish and turn up the volume--hysterical!!! Kala is well-versed in Spanish since she has taken the language at school since Kindergarten--I have no idea what the "voice" is saying--just goofy stuff!

Old 12-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #1680
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Hello; hope everybody's weekend is going great!

How was the party, Kathleen? Did the kids have a great time? Too funny about the football-playing girl...Ivy would be all over that story. The one she knows from our area has injured some boys...I tell you, she is a legend! LOL All of the potatoes you mentioned sound so good...I would eat them.... Have you ever tried twice baked? My Mom used to make them and they are so good. How about sweet potatoes? Have tried to make my own fries, but they are so hard to cut they were more like sweet potato chunks...funny looking, but yummy!

Linda, do you feel better today? Sending you "get well" thoughts....

Patti, most days are not nearly so busy...thank goodness! To much running makes me cranky...I am the happiest hanging out at home. Too bad the crop and company collide...Kathleen may be right, maybe the crop will be just what you need. Enjoy and have fun. Is Tom a good help? Marlyn will help some, but I have to leave very explicit directions and cross my fingers. How come you got scheduled for so many nights? Do you have mandatory overtime?

Vickie, so glad to hear the good news about your ear!

I don't know if any of you have heard about the 2 young girls, from Iowa, who have been missing since this summer. Their bodies were found by hunters; I had heard about it in our news, but then I saw it on MSN too. So sad....

One of the girls hit a deer on the way to work this morning. She was only 6 miles from home and was driving her new car. She is okay, but very shaken up; she didn't work.
I do remember those two cousin girls and saw the news blurb on my Comcast home page--so sad--what creeps are out there! Only a few miles from home too! Is there near you at all?

Speaking of deer-the other night we counted ( deer-entire family walking across the street--at first a lil' baby deer went back and forth--oncoming traffic was stopped so I figured something was up...waiting...waiting and then this huge group (family) of deer all shapes and size walked across the street like they owned the place! It's amazing to see--this time of year we have to be super careful--especially around the wooded areas.

Closed Thread