Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #1601
Die Cut Diva

Tracie love the copic holder!!!
One of the girls in our Scrappy club moved here from Japan four years ago with her husband and daughter because of her husbands job. Anyway their time here is up and they will be returning soon so one of my friends has organised a scrapping party for her. Most of us are making 6x6 pages of ourselves and they will be made into a scrapbook for her to take home with her. Such a great idea...I've spent most of the day working on mine and will take a photo to post but so gloomy and rainy here today that I have to wait. Her party is next Saturday so hope we have some sunshine before then!!
Never had a pressure cooker...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-02-2012, 04:59 PM   #1602
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Revenge begins in 3 minutes, so this is a quick post!

Just have to share a picture of my Texas DD; she won the Miss Slinky pageant for the weight loss program she's been doing called Slimming World!
Attached Thumbnails
lauri-miss-slinky-403x403-.jpg  
Old 12-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #1603
Hardware Hotshot

Wow, congrats to her Vickie! She looks absolutely gorgeous (and btw, I think she has YOUR smile) I will admit to giggling about the name of the pageant tho
Old 12-03-2012, 03:16 AM   #1604
Watercolor Wizard

Vickie---such a preeeety picture of your lovely daughter! "Slinky" too cute!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 12-03-2012, 03:23 AM   #1605
Glitter Guru

Vickie- Congrats to your daughter. Itīs a beautiful picture !

Pat- What a nice idea to make a scrapbook for her. She will love it ! Thanks for letting me know about my package.

Tracie- I saw your Copic holder on your blog- WOW itīs awesome !
Old 12-03-2012, 04:13 AM   #1606
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Vickie - Your DD is beautiful, just like her momma.

Last day of vacation. So sad but I am going out with a bang. I have a recipe cardmaking class this afternoon. It is for different holiday cookies and we get to taste the cookies. Yum. Who doesn't love a cookie? Only thing left on my list today is work some more on my Christmas cards. I am about half way done.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 12-03-2012, 04:38 AM   #1607

Thank you for the lovely comments on my DD. Her son (my grandson!) jumped up and pumped his arm in the air and yelled out Yeah! when it was announced she was the winner!

Tracie, the recipe cardmaking class sounds like so much fun! And, to sample the cookies...yum! You are way ahead of me in the Christmas card making... by request, I'm having a Christmas card making class on December 15!!! The focus will be on poinsettias (and, I'll be CASING a few of the cards that kittiekraft has on her blog!)
Old 12-03-2012, 06:15 AM   #1608
Watercolor Wizard

I am looking for a short cut card to design for MY personal Christmas "cards" or greeting--thinking of just making a cute chipboard style ornament--something where one opens the envy and pops it on the tree!?

Are any of you going to make something for the Spellbinder's contest? I have something in mind--thinking about it right now--boy..to win $5K...what fun is that?!!! As IF I have a chance...but still--wouldn't that be cool to win? Go ck out their site--saw it advertised on SCS today...

I have to move my rear here--my laundry is done--but someone strong has to carry it up to the second floor--my work room is crazy messy--plan to crank some tunes and get organized down here...I'll have a car at 3 so I'll run errands then...time to move..have a good Monday all!

Old 12-03-2012, 07:06 AM   #1609
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

I have just spent the last 2 1/2 hours working from home...time to take a break!

Vickie, how awesome for your daughter! Wonderful picture and how cool that the little man was so proud of his mama!

Susanne, how is your back today?

Tracie, cookies and cardmaking...what could be better?! Have fun!

Have never had a pressure cooker, nor used one. My mil used to can meat...I know that sounds weird, but it was so good. Just add noodles for a very quick beef and noodles meal...the meat was tender and delicious.

I have the house to myself today (for awhile, at least) so I hope to get a lot done.

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 12-03-2012, 07:14 AM   #1610
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey ladies, I just discovered that Birdie Brown is having a sale on digis...there are some cute ones.

I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 12-03-2012, 08:27 AM   #1611
Hardware Hotshot

Canned meat? Interesting. I have to say that this was what I loved about my Grandmother's canned veggies ... instant side dishes. I need to learn to can. I know the method of it but I've always been too chicken to ever do it by myself.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #1612
SCS BRAK Coordinator

My dad used to can meat. Me - a bit scared of it. I loved canned items from the garden. Now I am just too lazy to do it. Maybe when I have more time.

Off to class.

Meljen's Designs
Old 12-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #1613
Stazon Splitcoast

I had a pressure cooker years ago and used it to cook beans, and anything that took a long time to cook. You just had to control the pressure by turning down the flame on the gas stove as I remember. I may check into the newer ones. I gave mine to my son that cans dilled okra, salsa, relishes and hot peppers if his garden is a success. Denise can can anything but I never have. I guess it skipped a generation.

Susanne, you are just going to have to give in and stay put for awhile so your back will heal. I know it is hard to do for you but sounds like it just needs lots of rest. I guess these things don't happen when you aren't so busy. Hope it is doing much better this afternoon.

Joanna, you are going to have a super busy Dec. Hope it all comes together for you just the way you want it to.

Kathy, I should get your page today and can't wait to see the kids. I've been watching them grow for quite a few years now and am very excited to see all four together.

Vickie, Laurie is beautiful and her son so cute. Congrats to her!! There is nothing harder than loosing weight. Both of your girls are beautiful. Hope Jenni and Delt get a school where they can't be found. Praying for them.

Pat, that is a fun sounding party for your scrapping friend. I'll bet you will all miss her. That is what is so great about our hobby, the wonderful friends we meet along our journey in the craft world. I know it means a lot to me to know you are all there if I need you. Our group here on SCS is the best.

Tracie, saw your copic bag. You are so talented my friend. I loved it. You did a beautiful job on it. You class today sounds like a lot of fun.

I have so much to do, cards only half done, shopping, etc. Gotta go get busy.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 12-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #1614
Watercolor Wizard

IMKE---Lovely 6x6 card! Perfect picture my friend! : )

Old 12-03-2012, 05:14 PM   #1615
Stazon Splitcoast

What a fun mail day it was today!

Thank you, Imke, for the wonderful page...you are adorable in your picture!

Thank you, Tracie, for the wonderful package (Love the baby wrap...hee, hee! You warned me....)! Inside a pretty Christmas box was 2 wonderful kits and some extra goodies too. One kit is Christmas themed and the other is Easter...stamps, paper, embellies, and dies...oh my! I had such fun opening it up and leisurely looking at everything...will photograph and post pictures later. My most sincere "thank you"!

Getting treats ready for work tomorrow. Our council typically has a potluck for our December meeting...appetizers and desserts this year. I am taking a Crock-Pot of bar-b-q smokies and some bars. Easy stuff! I've got things all ready to go in the a.m. so I can get out of here at 6:30.

Have a good night everybody!

Old 12-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #1616
Watercolor Wizard

Linda---I love the saying "stay put"...use it all the time. I don't do it all the time--but I do tell others to STAY PUT! I did have kind of a lazy day--it--> (the pain) is on it's way out of my body--odd how it goes in stages--I am getting around better today--but did have to take a lil' 'power nap' this morning since I got up at 4:30am again! What's wit dat? I purposely slept on the big wide TV room couch--no Muddy to interfere with my legs/sleep--I think I needed that last night.

Okay who ordered this weather 57 degrees in Boston/December is just a waste of nice weather--we all know that sub zero cold winds and 4 feet of snow is headed our way...this warm stuff just makes me sleepy this time of year.

Angela--your treats sound yummy BBQ smokies sound delish--and with a side of 'some tasty dessert bars' is about my favorite thing! After all I am a cookie monster! My mom used to call all small sausages "porkies" so naturally, I do too! I have ventured off the beaten path and called them "snausages" to tease Muddy...but there hasn't been a Sunday breakfast where I have said ---want some porkies with your eggs?

Kala is on this kick to buy a 'cute' storage unit thing for her room--we went to Marshall's and Kmart tonight (Did you all know that Kmart owns Landsend?) Do they own Sears too? or am I confused because Landsend is in Sears up here? Either way-our local Kmart is a dump! Dog food next to human cookies, bed sheets near underwear--it's a headache--we're going to ck out Pier One and the Container Store tomorrow after the furnace guy leaves (annual cleaning day)

I saw some cute sentiment stamps on Beate's blog from Whimsy Stamps--cute lil' 1/2 circle tabs sentiments--however their site was bonkers and it did not allow you to put things in the cart the other day (saved me some $)...well their site is back up and running today--go see...cute! I am big on font styles--so cute fonts make me take a second look! I threw the towel in on Molly Brown--seems that no one in the states has her most current winter/holiday stuff...I'll talk to my sis and Ali about that company in the UK.

Well, I am working on a few card kits for my "students"--using the mitten die from Spellbinders--need to whip up a card and copy it so they can use it for an example-bring it to class with them in January for show and tell!

Imke-I added one more thing to your kit today--it's taped up shut--PO paper work is done--have a car tomorrow--should be on its way! While stopping in at AE yesterday--I saw these wooden buttons for some ridiculous price (like $1.85 per average size wooden button)...I was floored! Then, the lady said they were from Germany!!! So I said, well, Imke must have them then! Silly me--but really $1.85 for 1 button--do they buy gold with that retail mark-up proceeds? Wait while I go in the back yard and carve out a few buttons from the trees that fell from the "Sandy" storm!!!

We joke about canned meat-SPAM! My mother's father was a Chicago butcher--so I think real meat must run in the family (genes)...I am very particular about buying certain meats-he used to make beer in his basement too (I only like beer in summertime at a cookout)

So that's my story....tired today--really need to get organized here and make some Christmas lists!

Cheers..nighty-night!

Old 12-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #1617
Glitter Guru

Horray for Angela and Susanne- who now have also my page !!

Susanne- You're supposed to add anything ! I think buttons are generally expensive. At least in Germany. If you want to buy good buttons, you have to lay down good money But the expensive buttons are usually used for knitwear and handmade work. The buttons at PTI also cost $ 6. I think it's not cheap. But i LOVE buttons. LOL

Angela- Have fun with your kit. It sounds fabulous. And your treats sounds delicious.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:07 AM   #1618
Glitter Guru

For all who join the monthly image swap. I have opened a new thread for 2013. We only start in January 2013 but you can already decide for a month. Some have already done so.

Here is the link
Old 12-04-2012, 07:16 AM   #1619
Stampin' Fool

I received Kathy and Heather's 6x6 pages and they were awesome! My book is filling up!
I want to thank Imke and Lena for the get well cards that they sent me, that was so sweet and much appreciated.
I was supposed to go for my MRI late yesterday afternoon, got there at 5pm and at 6 they came out and told me that they had to do someone from the ER and didn't know how long it would take. Mine were gonna take about 2 hours, so I rescheduled!!!! Grrrrrr........
I have been up all night, so I am gonna try to get some sleep before Jasper is up for the day. I hope everyone has a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #1620

Good morning!

It's a rainy Tuesday here and we've had unseasonably warm weather for December.

Denise, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Wishing everyone a fabulous Tuesday!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #1621
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
I saw some cute sentiment stamps on Beate's blog from Whimsy Stamps--cute lil' 1/2 circle tabs sentiments--however their site was bonkers and it did not allow you to put things in the cart the other day (saved me some $)...well their site is back up and running today--go see...cute! I am big on font styles--so cute fonts make me take a second look! I threw the towel in on Molly Brown--seems that no one in the states has her most current winter/holiday stuff...I'll talk to my sis and Ali about that company in the UK.

Cheers..nighty-night!
I have those! Birthday ones, but i think they came out with some Christmas ones too. There's a die to match.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #1622
SCS BRAK Coordinator

First day back to work wasn't too bad. We must be slow at work because I didn't come back to the usual nightmare. Not that I was happy to be back but glad it wasn't stressful.

HERE is where you can see 2 of the recipe cards I did in class. It was so much for and loved that we got to try every treat. Yum! I do love my sweets.

Meljen's Designs
Old 12-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #1623
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi!

Denise, that is too bad that you got bumped...how frustrating to wait so long and then have to cancel. Hope you are starting to feel a bit better.

I have browsed Whimsy Stamps...they have a lot of cute items....

Here are a couple of pictures from the festivities Saturday night...the pictures are not great because of the fog. The first is my Mom and Ivy, along with some of my aunts and uncles. The second shows the fireworks...see the flag in the background...that was neat. The fireworks were awesome; we kept thinking it was the finale and then there would be more.
Attached Thumbnails
christmas-parade.jpg   fireworks.jpg  

Old 12-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #1624
SCS BRAK Coordinator

I'm trying to update all my addresses. I thought I saw Joanna's new address somewhere on here but can't find it. Can one of you lovely ladies help me?? Thanks.

Susanne - How is the back?

Meljen's Designs
Old 12-04-2012, 05:31 PM   #1625
Stazon Splitcoast

Here are some pictures of Tracie's delightful package. Such pretty colors and papers, and the works...you spoiled me rotten! I have already used the MFT dies...the card will post on Thursday...how did you know I love snowflakes? Thank you so much!

The first photo shows a beautiful card (check out the pleated shade) and decorated calendar for my purse (yay, I love those).
Attached Thumbnails
dec.-1.jpg   dec.-2.jpg   dec.-3.jpg   dec.-4.jpg  

Old 12-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #1626
Watercolor Wizard

My back is better--thanks for checkin' up on me! Darn thing--I was using my jeans as support if that says anything--my tired ol' fleece jammie pants got a rest--but I do have to say--the heat from the heating pad was better in the fleece!

Great kit Angela-Wowza Tracie! Good pictures fog and all! I love fireworks--ooo ahhhh!

Tracie--those recipe cards are adorable--plus they sound so tasty! Is the snowflake a die? I have seen that snowflake around campus here--who makes it please? LOVE IT! I will have to try your nut recipes too--sound yummy!

I just watched "Hope Springs"--I kinda wish Tom and I saw it in the theater-good movie-a bit of a tear jerker but worth the watch! I also rented "Ruby Sparks" for tomorrow night and another good one that I think comes out next week is "Butter"...me and my romantic comedies...what can I say--no blood and guts for me!

Okay, off to whip up lunches, prep the coffee and fire up the dishwasher! Night night!

Old 12-04-2012, 08:58 PM   #1627
Watercolor Wizard

OOOO..have to tell you all--I searched my entire studio for those extender parts for my 6x6 scrapbook of all of you--and could not find them. So I went to our local hardware store and brought in my lil' empty book...and the guy at the counter was so interested...then was fascinated that he had extender parts for my lil' scrapbook! {Mind you this store is a sea of bolts and nuts-if anyone had them...they did} So I bought 2-59cent extenders and my book is chuckfull of all of YOUZ! I can't wait for the rest--added some blanks for the latecomer's...but we look fabulous in there! I might add that my 6x6 had to go in the very back because of it's chunkiness--I tell ya, gimme a project and I can't controll myself--like 15 layers I have!!!?!!! hahaha My page is bowed already! Oh golly--OKay...come on girls...finish and send your 6x6'rs! Do me proud--I got some extra space now!

Old 12-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #1628
Glitter Guru

Angela- I send you a pm with Joīs adress. Wow, the firework pictures are great and it seems you had a lot of fun ! AND Tracieīs package is fabulous ! Enjoy all the goodies.

Susanne- I have put them in the order in which I received them in my book. I need to decorate the front yet. It is outside lind green and quite naked

Tracie- The recipe cards are awesome. A fully recipe book with homemade sides certainly looks great. But I would not do for me. It's too complicated and too much work LOL I have a folder where my recipes are. In addition, quite a few magazines. AND itīs a mess !

Denise- You are welcome ! Sorry about your schedule. That is annoying.

Last edited by germanstampler; 12-05-2012 at 04:05 AM..
Old 12-05-2012, 09:59 AM   #1629
Glitter Guru

I have already told you that I am working on a project with books. Well, on the weekend I have given my friends and they were very happy.
I saw it on TV and wanted to imitate it. I took 2 old books and pimped them. Super quick and easy projects.

And here are my Note-Book-Holder. I had to make 2, because my friends are twins
Attached Thumbnails
recycled-book-2.jpg   book-notepad.jpg  
Old 12-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #1630
Die Cut Diva

Those look wonderful! I wish I had your talent for altered items.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #1631
Die Cut Diva

It is snowing AGAIN here! Like I haven't gotten in enough shovelling already this year.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #1632
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanstampler View Post
I have already told you that I am working on a project with books. Well, on the weekend I have given my friends and they were very happy.
I saw it on TV and wanted to imitate it. I took 2 old books and pimped them. Super quick and easy projects.

And here are my Note-Book-Holder. I had to make 2, because my friends are twins
Imke--I LOVE THESE! You "pimped" them? hysterical hahaha They are definitely pimped out---adorable!

Old 12-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #1633
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie1974 View Post
It is snowing AGAIN here! Like I haven't gotten in enough shovelling already this year.
Lynne--our weather has been "warm" the last few days (high 50's) very unseasonable--today--I started out in a sweatshirt and by 1pm a cold wind came in....had to wear a winter jacket out this afternoon! The weather people had one of those graphs on the news....7am 50's, 12 noon 40s...6pm-9pm 30's! Brrrrrrrr...but it's December-I love the cold now--not a fan of this up and down thermostat temps! How much snow have you gotten up there in the north?

Old 12-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #1634
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Thanks on your comments. I am going to have to take a picture of the other 4 recipe cards. They were even yummier. The snowflakes were MFT snowflake dies. I use it all the time.
Quote:
My back is better--thanks for checkin' up on me! Darn thing--I was using my jeans as support if that says anything--my tired ol' fleece jammie pants got a rest--but I do have to say--the heat from the heating pad was better in the fleece!

Great kit Angela-Wowza Tracie! Good pictures fog and all! I love fireworks--ooo ahhhh!

Tracie--those recipe cards are adorable--plus they sound so tasty! Is the snowflake a die? I have seen that snowflake around campus here--who makes it please? LOVE IT! I will have to try your nut recipes too--sound yummy!

I just watched "Hope Springs"--I kinda wish Tom and I saw it in the theater-good movie-a bit of a tear jerker but worth the watch! I also rented "Ruby Sparks" for tomorrow night and another good one that I think comes out next week is "Butter"...me and my romantic comedies...what can I say--no blood and guts for me!

Okay, off to whip up lunches, prep the coffee and fire up the dishwasher! Night night!

Meljen's Designs
Old 12-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #1635
SCS BRAK Coordinator

I love your books Imke. Very cute. I'm sure the recipients loved it.

Meljen's Designs
Old 12-06-2012, 03:13 AM   #1636
Glitter Guru

It was probably the wrong word

Quote:
Imke--I LOVE THESE! You "pimped" them? hysterical hahaha They are definitely pimped out---adorable!
Old 12-06-2012, 03:26 AM   #1637
Glitter Guru

Thanks for your lovely comments about the books.
They are super easy to make. Just take an old book (150-200) pages) and fold each paige up to the middle. You'll have a fan where you can put in notes. I have tied together the book with a ribbon, so it's good for the desktop. At the end Iīve decorated it with several stamps to creat a little scene. Thatīs it !!

Heather and Kathy- I received your lovely pages yesterday ! They are wonderful.

Kathy- I like the colors and your stitching and of course the sweet pictures from You, Chuck and the kids. THANKS !

Heather- Super sweet too. Itīs fun to look at all the little pictures ! I have never seen a digital scrapbook page before and i must say : It looks great ! THANKS !

Last night it snowed. I shoveled snow for the first time this morning
Old 12-06-2012, 03:41 AM   #1638
Watercolor Wizard

Imke..no...it's used to "dress-up" something...The homeboy's around here will "pimp-up" their cars!!! hahahaha It just caught me off guard--funny...

Primp is another word--it made me giggle...you sounded "tough" hahahaha <smiles>

Old 12-06-2012, 03:43 AM   #1639
Watercolor Wizard

Imke--last night while roaming around Pinterest I looked up "Decorative Book Pages" or something like that...and they have a bunch of books fanned out like you did--but have created words out of the pages--very unique...Was wondering how the heck the did that...So imagine the book resting up and all those fanned/folded pages spelled out the word; love, peace, dream---how in the world does someone do that?

Old 12-06-2012, 03:53 AM   #1640
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

We are back to wintery weather here.

Imke, your books are awesome! I have seen the ones Susanne mentioned as well....

I'm sleepy this morning; I fell asleep on the couch watching a Christmas movie...I love the Christmas shows.

One of my friends has a 3 month old little guy named Sammie; he was admitted into the hospital yesterday for RSV. Someone mentioned they thought it was early for RSV; Patti, do you know anything about that? She is a new Mom and had been worried because he had a cold last week.

Closed Thread