Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #1521
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Susanne, your awesome cardkit arrived today! Thank you! I'll post a picture later tonight; I've already opened the candy and stuffed a mouthful in; YUM!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-28-2012, 12:52 PM   #1522
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you, Vickie! I am not quite happy with the sentiment...wish I had done it differently, but didn't figure that out until I was finished. I used the Martha Stewart glitter that you sent me in a S.S. kit...LOVE it!

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 11-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #1523
Stazon Splitcoast

That is really crummy about the car, Vickie. Doesn't the surveillance count for anything? I remember all too well being in school and not having any money; I'm glad you are able to help your daughter out.

I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 11-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #1524

Thank you Susanne for this fabulous cardkit; love, love, love the Santa stocking!
Attached Thumbnails
novcardkit-vky.jpg   nov-cardkit-vky.jpg   cardkit-vky.jpg  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:04 PM   #1525

Here's my card for today's sketch challenge.

SC413: Snow Postcard vky by Vickie Y - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Old 11-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #1526
Forum Fanatic

Oh good Vickie--wow that was quick! I figured you would use the cute stocking for your DGS? Isn't the Cadbury chocolate snowballs addicting? Haha I bought some for our house and thought--oh my gosh, get these things away from me--first their Cadbury eggs and now these? HELP!

Oh, your plaid placemats on the table are the same exact design as my TV room curtains--I'll take a photo--I had them in my living room--but they looked like a "Denist office" in there with off-white walls--so they were pushed over to the TV room when I moved the big couch into the room next door! haha...GMTA!

I really liked the MS stamp set--looks like you can really go to town and I bet it would match the "Art Gone Wild" kitchen/oven! Enjoy!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 11-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #1527
Stazon Splitcoast

I got a great surprise today. Angela sent me an awesome kit. Angela, that is the Tilda I wanted the most and refused to buy another Tilda. I do love it and haven;t got to play or I would already have a card made with it. I loved everything you sent including the candy. I've already eaten half of it. Photos are not too good, my place is covered with Christmas cards to see how many more I need etc. Angela I really loved it all, you know me so well. It is all perfect. Thanks for everything.

Vicke, I made a card for the sketch challenge, entered it with 4 others into my gallery and they entered double, don;t ask me why so I deleted them. Will do over tomorrow. It isn;t anything like yours, your card is gorgeous!!!
Attached Thumbnails
100_0437_edited-1.jpg   100_0439_edited-1.jpg   100_0440_edited-1.jpg   100_0441_edited-1.jpg  

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 11-29-2012, 04:17 AM   #1528
Gabfest Goddess

Good Morning, ladies!

Wow, whole lotta chattin' and sharin' and enablin' going on around here! You can't miss more than a day around here, or it gets to be impossible to catch up!

Thinking of Denise as the storms head her way! Batten down the hatches, and stay safe. And I keep praying for your health...sorry to hear of your fall and the recent setback with the MS. Did the steroid injections help?

Pat, sorry to hear about your LSS . (I know this is a bit belated, as I am quite behind the times) How sad, especially since there are not a lot of good LSSs around, some around here have closed, and to have one that was thriving meet such an end is truly discouraging.

Oh, Vickie, how awful that Jenni is having troubles with the "no good"! Thank God she has your support and help!! Sounds like she is doing the best she can for herself, doing well in school. My heart just hurts for her and all she is going through.

Thanks, Jo, for the new addy! What a crazy time of the year to move, but exciting all the same!

Didn't get on the computer yesterday, so missed the sketch challenge, but I think I might be able to squeeze in some time in the craft room today to play a day late (I know you can play and post any of the challenges anytime, but it's more fun to be current).

Looking forward to seeing those scrapbook pages from Imke, Kathy, and Heather. (Hope Imke's aren't lost in the USPS vortex!)

Kathy, even though it's "only" 48 hours, it's still some quality time with the DH and no kiddos!! ENJOY your Florida trip!! I'm sure the in-laws will survive the four kids, after all, they survived raising their own. It's so much easier taking grandkids, cuz no matter what happens, you still get to return them to mom and dad!

Tracie, sounds like your classes are a success! Good for you!! I checked out the Simon Says card kits just because you posted the link, and had to get outta there fast...way too tempting and the wallet can't handle them right now. Besides I have some great kits from you ladies here that I need to work on!

Speaking of kits from here...I arrived home from meeting Daniel's bus yesterday to find a big ol' box left by the mailman. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it's like an early Christmas around here!!!! Many thanks to Angela for the AWESOME goodies! Everything is wonderful, a gorgeous 6x6 paper pack with matching cardstock, ribbons, and embellies (you always coordinate everything so beautifully!) Not to diminish the great kit, but I love, love, love the "little" extra you sent. Echo Park is one of my favorite companies, and I use their product a lot when I scrapbook photos of my favorite grandson. I don't have this particular paper pack, so was thrilled to receive it. And I have been eyeing a banner punch, just like the MFT die you sent, so I won't have to buy the punch!! How did you know I wanted something just like that! I've attached a photo, unfortunately it didn't turn out too well, but you get the idea (the Simply Caramel bar just didn't make it into the photo...)

Have a wonderful day, my friends!
Attached Thumbnails
november-kit-angela-001.jpg  
Old 11-29-2012, 04:20 AM   #1529
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Cardkit showers...or cardkit secret sister...like both, so either will be fun.
Ditto!
Old 11-29-2012, 04:22 AM   #1530
Gabfest Goddess

Oh nuts, just got a phone call from DH. When he went camping in September, he took a hard fall, but seemed okay, except for some shoulder pain here and there. It's been bothering him enough that he went to see an ortho doc, who did an MRI on Friday. Today he found that he has several tears in his rotator cuff and will need surgery. Oh well...
Old 11-29-2012, 05:00 AM   #1531
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, like Patti said...you don't want to miss any time here....lots going on!

Linda and Patti, so glad your packages arrived! The mail was really quick...hope you will have fun playing with the contents!

What are Cadbury Snowballs? Do they have goo in them like the eggs?

Vickie, that stocking is adorable...so fun!

Patti, that is too bad about your DH. Does he get a "catch" with movement...or something that feels like a cramp or spasm? We see a few shoulders on the floor...rotator (or some say "rotary"---hee, hee) cuff repairs or total shoulder replacements.

Okay, here's a funny one.... DD just HAD to have some yoga pants. We found a pair shopping after Thanksgiving. She wanted to wear them today, so I ironed them and got them looking spiffy. As she is leaving, I notice that she has her boots on and the pants tucked in...also, a hoodie on that covers the cute rolled waistband. I asked why her pants are tucked in? She looks at me like I am a complete idiot..."Well, you don't wear them over your boots!" Well alrighty then...I am wondering why she couldn't just wear the leggings she already had?! Or not wear the yoga pants with boots?! Guess I am just not "cool" anymore!

Old 11-29-2012, 05:16 AM   #1532
Glitter Guru

LOL, Angela, you are supposed to tuck yoga pants into boots??? I wear mine with sneakers, I'm so not hip! My oldest tells me all the time. Ivy would probably fall over if she got a look at me, lol!

Patti, that stinks about the shoulder! Hope the surgery is smooth for him. Poor guy can't catch a break this year.

Fun kits, I had to laugh when Patti and Linda both said the candy was open already. That's me too! Love a little sweet something!

I've never had a Cadbury snowball either, going to have to look into that!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 11-29-2012, 07:15 AM   #1533
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathleen, I really don't think you are supposed to tuck the pants into boots.... LOL I don't know, you sound pretty hip to me.... Enjoy your trip!

I havn't done this month's SFYTT yet, so I hatched a plan and then went to find the "right" paper...that is the hardest part for me. Anyone else spend way too much time trying to figure that out?

Old 11-29-2012, 07:21 AM   #1534
Glitter Guru

[QUOTE=Kathleen Curry;19853938]Linda, what are "tags to fill", never heard of that term. QUOTE]

Hunting regulations issue "tags" to hunters. Helps control the hunting, prevent over-hunting, etc. Each tag represents an animal that they can get and it's different each year and sometimes in different jurisdictions. Once you fill your tags, you can't shoot anymore of that animal for the year, unless you purchase a new tag (if possible). For some animals, (moose, elk), tags are only issued to hunters who enter and win a "draw" at the beginning of the season. There's only so many tags for that animal and if you win the draw, you win the right to purchase the tag and hunt for that animal. Those tags only give you one animal. Others, like a generic deer tag, may be for multiple animals (sometimes of a certain size or gender). If you were found with an animal you didn't have a tag for, you could be charged under Fish and Wildlife legislation for illegal hunting. So, once you get your animal, you generally attach the tag to the animal somewhere so that it's identified.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:48 AM   #1535
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Heather! That explains it perfect. They used to do the draw in Kansas but think they have an abundance of deer so they can just purchase as many tags as they want. Steve always gets 4 so that if anyone in the family is having a hard time financially he gives them deer burger or deer sausage etc. to help them with groceries. He gives as much away as he eats himself. There is always cousins, nieces, nephews etc in a large family out of a job or something going on. He is a good guy.

Finally got my card uploaded. Vickie and Angela your cards are both fantastic. Mine not so much. I already had the image ready to go so just used it. Now I want to do another one with a different image, but don't know if I will have time.

Kathy, have fun in florida. The weather will be a break for you I hope and it is always good to get a little break from the kids. I think it does the kids as much good as the parents.

I am sure Ivy know something we don;t know about current style. lol!!
Glad she is feeling better.

Patti, so sorry about your DH. Hope the surgery goes smooth and that he is a good patient for you. Glenn has had so much illness that he is a pretty good patient most of the time but MEN can be such babies sometimes .

Susanne, there is a lot of fun things on SCS. I used to participate a lot more in a lot of different challenges and WRAK and RAK. I am still a birthday fairy for WRAK. I just don't seem to have time to do all I want to do.

Vickie, hope the no good gets caught. That does not seem fair that they have it on tape but couldn't be positive it was him. Hope he leaves her alone, sounds like she is doing wonderful if he would stay out of her life.

Heather, so glad Claire is doing great. Won't be long until she is walking if she is getting brave and turning loose. She is such a cutie.

I need to get busy.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 11-29-2012, 07:49 AM   #1536
Stazon Splitcoast

Christmas Candy by Linda Palmer - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Here is my SC card.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 11-29-2012, 09:57 AM   #1537
Gallery Gazer

Angela- Paisley is cute, but I'd like a photo of you About Ivy you do not mind, I think parents are always cool LOL Great story.

Kathy- Have a great time in Florida , enjoy the weather and your time together. Is probably very rare that you are without children.

Patti- Sorry to hear that about your DH. I hope the surgery is successful and brings healing for his shoulder. Your Kit from Angela looks so nice. Have fun with it !

Linda- Your card looks great. I like the bright colors and the jummy jar. Wish you also much fun with your card kit shower.

Vickie- Your kit looks also great. I like the stocking-great idea. Sorry about your DD car. What a stupid fool. Luckily nothing happened to her. Fortunately she can count on your support.

Linda, Vickie, your challenge cards are great. I have to go and leave a comment. You are busy gils !
Old 11-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #1538
Stazon Splitcoast

Imke, Paisley is not too cute today.... DH bought her a nice, big pillow for bedding and she chewed/ripped it up overnight....

Linda, are you trying to say that Kathleen and I are not hip and cool? LOL I think your card turned out great!

Old 11-29-2012, 12:58 PM   #1539
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
Wow, like Patti said...you don't want to miss any time here....lots going on!

Linda and Patti, so glad your packages arrived! The mail was really quick...hope you will have fun playing with the contents!

What are Cadbury Snowballs? Do they have goo in them like the eggs?

Vickie, that stocking is adorable...so fun!

Patti, that is too bad about your DH. Does he get a "catch" with movement...or something that feels like a cramp or spasm? We see a few shoulders on the floor...rotator (or some say "rotary"---hee, hee) cuff repairs or total shoulder replacements.

Okay, here's a funny one.... DD just HAD to have some yoga pants. We found a pair shopping after Thanksgiving. She wanted to wear them today, so I ironed them and got them looking spiffy. As she is leaving, I notice that she has her boots on and the pants tucked in...also, a hoodie on that covers the cute rolled waistband. I asked why her pants are tucked in? She looks at me like I am a complete idiot..."Well, you don't wear them over your boots!" Well alrighty then...I am wondering why she couldn't just wear the leggings she already had?! Or not wear the yoga pants with boots?! Guess I am just not "cool" anymore!
I don't even know if they are called "snowballs" they are red, green and white solid Cadbury chocolate balls (round as opposed to M&Ms flat round) with a shell on the outside--tasty lil' suckers!

Old 11-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #1540
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
Imke, Paisley is not too cute today.... DH bought her a nice, big pillow for bedding and she chewed/ripped it up overnight....

Linda, are you trying to say that Kathleen and I are not hip and cool? LOL I think your card turned out great!
Aaack Paisley...bad cute puppy! Both of my Labbies have chowed on pillows--the newer the more chewed...Sour apple spray? Sorry this happened--Muddy has a chair with a chair cover in the living room--we almost threw out this old chair--bought one of those blue jean denim chair covers--when it gets dirty/smelly...goes into the wash--he has never chewed or ripped it!

Old 11-29-2012, 01:07 PM   #1541
Forum Fanatic

Angela--oops..forgot to mention this part--the more we ran Muddy/Kippy...like really-really tired them out--the less they 'took it out' on chewing things in the house! Just when you think they are good and tired...throw the chuckit ball 6 more times! hahaha

Old 11-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #1542
Forum Fanatic

Speaking of fashion...K has 2 fancy corsets that I would not allow her to wear because they simply look like "hooker clothes"! She claims 'everyone is wearing them with a blazer over'...I say...NOPE..you are asking for trouble!

Then, one day she comes home from the mall with this funky-dorky hat--blue plaid and reminds me of something Sherlock Holmes would wear? HUH? Way too much for her petite frame and small Irish pale face... It looks so bad on her that I had to refrain from laughing out loud--I thought it had something to do with a Halloween costume! I kept quiet and eventually we talked about it--mind you she's tiny--5.2...this hat just smashes her down smaller and it's just so ugly on her!!! (I didn't tell her the ugly part) hahaha...Thank goodness that went up on the shelf!

Old 11-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #1543
SCS BRAK Coordinator

This thread has to be the best entertainment source.

Imke - I received your 6 x 6 page today. Not sure where we even started that post, here or Monthly image but it is such a good picture of you.

So now we not only enable each other with crafts but now I am off to find Cadbury snowballs. I love anything chocolate.

Angela - I am putting your package in the mail tomorrow. I know you will get a kick out of the wrapping but it was all that I had.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 11-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #1544

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
I don't even know if they are called "snowballs" they are red, green and white solid Cadbury chocolate balls (round as opposed to M&Ms flat round) with a shell on the outside--tasty lil' suckers!
OMGosh yes! those lil' thingies are YUMMY, Susanne. I forgot to include the bag from you in the kit picture 'cause that was the first thing I opened!! Now they are half gone!

Linda, I love your sweet card!
Old 11-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #1545

The "official" name of those candies is Cadbury Solid Milk Chocolates with A Crisp Sugar Shell. YUM YUM
Old 11-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #1546
Hardware Hotshot

My brother in law works in Vancouver and always sends us Canadian candies. Last month he sent Reeses balls (we have Reeses but not in ball form) and Sweeties which are chocolate m&m with a hard shell coating. Love the Reeses ... tho we call them sweatie-balls.

Holli has been a terror today too. I was trying to pack up the basement. She dug a hole outside and then chewed a spider plant to oblivion. Sigh. Good thing she's so cute.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:14 PM   #1547
Gallery Gazer

Tracie- Hooray, you're the first who receive my page. I am happy and thank you for the compliment aobut the pic. DH has snapped it and it's one thing I like myself. That does not happen often. I feel more like Angela with photos . I think i'm not very photogenic.

Angela- Paisley apparently need no pillow ! LOL

Susanne- I do not know what our parents went through with us ! LOL

Joanna- When your move will be finished ? Are you good in time / do you have a deadline ? One scrapbook page has arrived. So, you were at a "real" post-office - apparently it takes only a little longer. THANKS !

Happy Friday !
Old 11-30-2012, 05:48 AM   #1548
Hardware Hotshot

Imke: we move in two waves. The first tomorrow and the last, the following weekend. I will be SOOO glad when it is all over. My craft room is 1/2 packed and I went down to do a DT card. Wouldn't you know that everything that I wanted, was already gone. (sigh) Not feeling especially creative lately.

I'm glad that your pages are finally arriving too.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #1549
Stazon Splitcoast

Angela, I'm sure in Ivy's eyes you and Kathy are not to hip! Now my opinion is I am sure your are way more hip than ME! How hip and cool can you be at 69 years old.lol!

Those candies sound so good. Guess I need to go shopping for Cadbury balls.

Joanna, I'll bet you will be glad when it is over. At least you are sounding very organized. Send photos when you have time.

Imke, can't wait for your page. Maybe I'll get it tomorrow.

Susanne, I saw your name on Goodreads. I just found this site and joined. I am always looking for good books.

What are you all reading now? I am needing some new authors. I saw Suzanne put up a couple of new books. Pat are you a member of Goodreads? How about you Joanna?

Vickie, I loved your sketch card and Angela's. I ordered some of those precolored images from CDS Angela. Vickie, is your stamp that you used in a set or one stamp?

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 11-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #1550
Die Cut Diva

Linda I'm not a member of Goodreads but I check it out pretty often. You know how I like to just lurk.... Haven't been lurking this week though. So glad its Friday and the weekend is here. I've been busy making Christmas cards, looks like I'm doing the same as last year and making them all at once again. LOL I had dinner last night with some of my scrappin buddies and one of the owners of the LSS that burned and they are really considering reopening!! Sure will be nice if they do.
Lots of really great kits arriving...I plan on getting Imke's out right away!! Imke I'm looking forward to seeing your 6x6 page!!
Old 11-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #1551
SCS BRAK Coordinator

I had my class today and all went well. I went to dr this morning and that is always so much fun. Everything was good but a suspicious mole. I have to go back and have it biopsied. What fun!

I was tired after class. So much talking. The only thing that surprised me is that they let a lady start class 15 minutes before it was supposed to be over. I stayed 30 minutes past class time to help her but then said I had to leave. I would lever think of going to a class when it was almost over. But it still went well and I am signed up to teach 2 more classes in January. What am I getting myself in to. Well I need to go post on my blog. It is feeling neglected.

Meljen's Designs
Old 11-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #1552
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaPatti View Post
Oh nuts, just got a phone call from DH. When he went camping in September, he took a hard fall, but seemed okay, except for some shoulder pain here and there. It's been bothering him enough that he went to see an ortho doc, who did an MRI on Friday. Today he found that he has several tears in his rotator cuff and will need surgery. Oh well...
Poor Tom! Not another surgery?! Aaaack! Wish him luck from us huh?

Old 11-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #1553
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclary View Post
I had my class today and all went well. I went to dr this morning and that is always so much fun. Everything was good but a suspicious mole. I have to go back and have it biopsied. What fun!

I was tired after class. So much talking. The only thing that surprised me is that they let a lady start class 15 minutes before it was supposed to be over. I stayed 30 minutes past class time to help her but then said I had to leave. I would lever think of going to a class when it was almost over. But it still went well and I am signed up to teach 2 more classes in January. What am I getting myself in to. Well I need to go post on my blog. It is feeling neglected.
Tracie--last week was my class here and 2 hours before class I rec'd an email that one of my "students" was sick and unable to make it! She prepaid so that was not a problem, but asked if she could be 'paid in advance for my next class' and I said yes! As my class grows I don't think I'll be as willing to let things fly like this--but everyone deserves a chance or two...especially since she was the very first to sign up and pay in advance. But I think I need to work out these details (since I hate having to face them as they come up)...I take the time to prep, buy papers/construct a solid class well in advance--but I don't want to be a "jerk" either....time is money and if you start accommodating individuals it's like you don't matter! Strange that they let a person in at the end of your class--I agree! Like you have to take special care of that person because they were late? NOT! haha

Old 11-30-2012, 06:15 PM   #1554
Forum Fanatic

Today was my Tom's b-day--he told Shane he was "45"--and was quiet. As we were munching on pizza at dinner I said..."Thanks honey...that makes Kala and Shane "love children" and so on! <we giggled> Tom said, Shane said nothing and we wondered if he did the math after they hung up! Tom is 55 today--hope to drag his 1970s fashion faux pah to the mall for some new jeans and clothes this weekend! Making him go! We had checkerboard cake tonight--and I gave him boring stuff; winter gloves and new socks (since the boys have hocked most of his good pairs for working out in!) Kala gave him a nice poem and one of her drawings -both framed for his office. What do you get a guy that insists that we do NOT spend money on him?!

Patti--the Fanny May catty arrived here today--I am thinking of buying some Pixies for Christmas--a box for us...a box for my SIL who is hosting dinner! Now I am on their mailing list--heaven help us!!! haha

Old 11-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #1555
Forum Fanatic

Linda---omgosh, I'll have to go back and see "goodreads"..haven't been there in ages! Thanks for the reminder! {I used to read a lot more when I could actually SEE the words in the book!}

Old 11-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #1556
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Susanne - I turned 55 also this year. Not a bad thing. Your husband has now joined the double nickle club. HA!

Never head of goodreads, went and checked it out. I can't decide what type of book I like.

Meljen's Designs
Old 11-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #1557
Gabfest Goddess

At work right now, but I had to pop in to let Kathy know that I received a box stuffed FULL of all kinds of goodies today! Oh my, I was overwhelmed with all the lovely crafty things enclosed!! Thank you, thank you, thank you, so much, Kathy!! Will post a photo tomorrow when I am at the home computer.

Also included was scrapbook pages from Kathy and Heather!!! Kathy, loved your colors and layout! Of course the photos are great, you are gorgeous girl! And the kiddos are absolutely adorable! Thanks for sending it along.

Heather, your scrapbook page(s) make me want to venture into the world of digi scrapping! I've been afraid to try it, but your pages are awesome! Love that your page included our youngest "secret sister" Claire and her likes and dislikes, also!!

Oh, one of my little patients is crying, so I'd better go check her out to make sure she hasn't puked all over herself again! See y'all later today....have a great Saturday!
Old 12-01-2012, 05:42 AM   #1558
Gabfest Goddess

....and my mail carrier just brought Imke's smiling face to my mailbox! Imke, your scrapbook page has arrived here in Ohio!! Love, love, love the photo of you, tell Stephan he did a great job of taking your picture!! I can't help but smile when I look at your smiling face. The warm color scheme is so cheerful, too! Everyone has done such wonderful work on their pages, I am so very happy to have a book full of my friends here!!
Old 12-01-2012, 05:51 AM   #1559
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning friends!

Wow, Joanna, it sounds like you are super organized for your move...good for you!

Last night was the opening of Festival of the Trees, which kicks of Christmas by the Lake, here in town. Rushed home from work, showered and went with a group of 6. Opening night there is yummy food...mostly appetizers and dessert. I am usually a big one for dessert, but only had a tiny (2 bite) brownie of some sort. They had jumbo shrimp that was marinated and maybe grilled and chilled...not sure how they prepared it, but it was so good. They also had what I think was endive topped with blue cheese and some seasoned nutty mixture...yummy! They also had lemonaide infused with lavender...loved that too!

Today Ivy is ringing the bell for the Salvation Army for 3 hours. Davis and I are going for lunch and then to view the trees. We will do whatever else comes up...lots of fun activities to choose from.

Tracie, I am amazed they let that lady start class at that time...and amazed that she would expect to do it too! I think that is very rude, your time/skills are valuable and need to be treated as such.

Same thing goes for you, Susanne; although I think it is a little harder when it's in your home...no store to set the policies. Maybe it would be helpful to make some "rules" and email them to the participants...that way everyone would be on the same page.

I would get really annoyed at the 3 people in our old SU! club who would go out for dinner first and then show up really late...all giggly (were they half-crocked...I don't know?!) and loud. They were really disruptive and so disrespectful to the demonstrator.

At work, they tell us to shut the door and latecomers have to reschedule. Seems fair to me.

What is everybody doing today?

Old 12-01-2012, 05:57 AM   #1560

Good morning!

Received Imke's beautiful page in yesterday's mail. Enjoyed reading a little about you that you included on the back.

Linda, the stamp I used for the sketch challenge is a Stampendous woodblock stamp called Snow Christmas. I think I got it at Michaels or maybe Hobby Lobby.

Tracie, glad your class went well; wish I coulda been there too. Thinking of you as you have the mole removed and praying that will take care of it; I had a cancerous basil cell carcinoma (sp) removed a few years ago and all is well. I still see dermatologist every year for checkup.

Just finished breakfast, need to get "cleaned up" and go get a flu shot 'cause I've not done that yet and DH keeps reminding me!

Patti, thinking of your DH (and you).

Hope everyone has a super Saturday!
Closed Thread