Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 04:17 PM   #1441
Watercolor Wizard

Angela--oops forgot to answer you--yes, I replaced my silly ergonomic keyboard for the same one I had before (with a coupon from Staples)...brought that one home and the space bar didn't work properly--quick-returned it for another one!!! This one works fine!

Linda--I was the only one who tried the Jello Mold! Big fraidy cats said--there's no room on their plate for my Green Jello!!! haha It was good but I like the one my mom used to make with Strawberry Jello whipped with ice cream--I'll have to find that recipe and try it one day...

Well, all my company is gone, food put away, dishes cleaned and I am sitting on a heating pad! Lot's of work goes into hosting--I told Tom it doesn't matter if you have 3 or 23 guests--it's just as much work! Funny (my SIL is not a cook and has never hosted a holiday at her house) So I sat down at the table and said..."I have been cooking and baking for 2 days--so you all must stay and eat for 2 days!!!" My SIL said it takes you 2 days (with a surprised look on her face) to cook this meal? Um...not including the 3-4 trips to the grocery store it does!!!

I am going to make a cake for Christmas and learn to make gnoche frosting/icing on it--I made Meringue cookies (with Hershey Kisses inside)...they were sweet--very light!

Oh I am tired...off to chill!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-22-2012, 07:36 PM   #1442
Hardware Hotshot

Sus: We have something called "Rumis Boogers" at our table on Thanksgiving. It's pistachio jello, whipped cream and pineapple chunks combined. It's good but REALLY rich. Why, you might ask is it called what it is? My grandfather had an old mule on his farm named Rumis and the salad is green. 'Nuff said. It used to irritate Grandma when we called her "green salad", Rumis Boogers so of course, the name stuck!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:01 PM   #1443
Stampin' Fool

I hope everyone had a very Happy Thanksgiving! I did bake some pies.........Ended up falling on my kitchen floor at 12:45am and when my pecan pie was done and the timer was going off my daughter woke up to come help me up. We have had a few rough nights. Jasper is teething and not sleeping at all at night, so she sleeps when she can. I didn't want to yell too loud as I knew she would hear the timer. I laid on the floor for an hour. My wheelchair lock wasn't working, brand new one and it wasn't working...Grrrr!!!!! Anyway, banged up and stiff but the weakness seems to be alittle better so I am thankful for that!!!
We went to my daughter in laws parents for dinner it was very nice!!!! She cooked everything, turkey, dressing, tators, gravy, yams, rolls. Her Mom made a jello salad, her grandma made 6 pies, I made 3, and a jello salad. We had a feast! Enjoy the new photo's!

Annamarie with her beautiful smile
Nickie and Jasper
Gregg, Me and Atticus and Jasper
Uncle Chris (Atticus Daddy) holding Jasper
Me holding Atticus
Attached Thumbnails
annamarie.jpg   nickie-jasper.jpg   papa-nana-atticus-jasper.jpg   uncle-chris-jasper.jpg   nana-atticus.jpg  

Old 11-23-2012, 01:53 AM   #1444
Glitter Guru

Denise-Iīm glad that you are OK so far. What could all happen. Iīm so sorry that you have to go through such a rough time. Be glad that you have such a nice family around you. And so sweet babies- my sweetheart Jasper ***sigh*** LOL

Joanna-Your house is getting sold ? How are you getting ahead with your move ? I cross my fingers !!

Susanne- Your cakes and cookies sounds yummie ! You're right, as a hostess you have a lot of work and course preparation. But at the end of the day you are proud when everyone enjoyed. Itīs a great feeling, isnīt it ?
Old 11-23-2012, 05:34 AM   #1445
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Denise - So good to see you online. I love your pictures.

What is everyone buying online? It looks like there are sales galore. I am going to our LSS this morning because they are having a sale and then coming home and ordering online. I know I will put an order in at MFT but looking around at others. Sales everywhere. They sure know how to lure you in.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 11-23-2012, 07:46 AM   #1446
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Sus: We have something called "Rumis Boogers" at our table on Thanksgiving. It's pistachio jello, whipped cream and pineapple chunks combined. It's good but REALLY rich. Why, you might ask is it called what it is? My grandfather had an old mule on his farm named Rumis and the salad is green. 'Nuff said. It used to irritate Grandma when we called her "green salad", Rumis Boogers so of course, the name stuck!

HYSTERICAL...I love it! More creative than; "I have no room on my plate for your GREEN JELLO!" Have to remember "Rumis Boogars" from now on!!!

Old 11-23-2012, 07:51 AM   #1447
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanstampler View Post
Denise-Iīm glad that you are OK so far. What could all happen. Iīm so sorry that you have to go through such a rough time. Be glad that you have such a nice family around you. And so sweet babies- my sweetheart Jasper ***sigh*** LOL

Joanna-Your house is getting sold ? How are you getting ahead with your move ? I cross my fingers !!

Susanne- Your cakes and cookies sounds yummie ! You're right, as a hostess you have a lot of work and course preparation. But at the end of the day you are proud when everyone enjoyed. Itīs a great feeling, isnīt it ?
Imke--yes, I get great satisfaction from hosting a big event--Tom was/is still very thankful and appreciative that I do this for his family--wish mine was here but all the same--it is fun to visit and hang out!

Now, about my Scrabble game-tsk-tsk...I had every vowel and ended up with 2 V's! I begged to use the word "Volvo" but it didn't fly! (Damn official rules!) Patti my SIL just learned that the black wood piece could have ANY value-after that--she was winning with her big expensive "J" 8 points triple word score! Me and my big mouth huh?! Here she thought it was Zero!!! Darn-I have created a Scrabble monster!

Old 11-23-2012, 07:57 AM   #1448
Watercolor Wizard

Wow Denise--thank goodness your daughter was up and about to help you...poor thing!

Beautiful pictures!

I took some photos before/after for my sister Janice in England--her lil' virtual Thanksgiving--I still have not uploaded them-if any came out-the house was beaming with sunshine here and me and my digital are half blind when it comes to focusing!!! I think the battery was a lil' low b'cuz I had to ask K to hold still longer until the camera focused! (You'd think I asked her to do a handstand!!!) jeepers!

Old 11-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #1449
Watercolor Wizard

Tracie--I am NOT pulling out my debit card to go have a 'lookie-loo" on line today--NOPE..not doin' it! Although, acherryontop has a deal and I have stuff in my basket...hmmmm-that stocking DP is so-so cute! hahaha <walking away from computer now> ...

Old 11-23-2012, 08:18 AM   #1450
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello!

Wonderful pictures, Denise! Sorry to hear about your fall; are you feeling better today?

Susanne, now you can breathe a sigh of relief since the Thanksgiving meal is over! Just wondering, does your SIL (the non-cook) bring anything? How do you all do it in your families? Does everyone contribute to the meal? That's what we do. It's an awful lot of work for 1 person.

I was lucky enough to get flexed yesterday and not have to go in to work at all. We had a late afternoon dinner at my parents. Ivy and her bestie wanted to go Black Friday shopping , so we left shortly after 9 p.m. and were to bed between 2:30 and 3:00 a.m. I had the girls make a list of what they needed, make a budget, and then plan where we were going. We didn't spend a lot of money and had a good time; the girls were giggly and silly. I had P.T. this morning, so DH and I went and bought a igloo style house for Paisley ($50 off...yay!) and some Muck boots for Davis ($30 off...yay!). Davis once asked DH if he could get some Muck boots if he won the Powerball, so he will be really excited.

Tracie, I have seen a few online deals...MFT, 50% off at Pink Cat Studio and Bugaboo. I am sure there are more. The stamp set I wanted at MFT is sold out...bummer!

Okay, time to get some work done!

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 11-24-2012, 05:33 AM   #1451
Gabfest Goddess

Good Morning, ladies!

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and that all of you are on the way to a great weekend! I was able to get over to my mom-in-law's on Thanksgiving for a few hours between my post-Wednesday night shift sleep and the back in again on Thanksgiving night shift. Had a delicious meal with most of the in laws before going back in to take care of the little turkeys .

Susanne, your meal sounded awesome! Too bad your SIL doesn't seem especially grateful!

Denise, great photos of those sweet little grands! Can't believe how big Jasper and Atticus are getting already! Your fall sounded horrendous, hope you are feeling better very soon!

Angela, how wonderful to get a holiday flex!! Seems a lot of my nurse friends who work adult floors were able to be off work on the holiday. Not so with us, though our census is down to a "manageable" 39 babies, it just means we are working with safer staffing, instead of scary nurse to patient ratios. No off time for us . But I knew what I was getting into when I chose to work as a staff nurse in a hospital and I knew it would mean working holidays. Our night shift crew is like second family; we each brought in a dish to share, and had a "family" Thanksgiving meal anyway, so it was not so bad.

I have avoided Black Friday shopping for lots of years now, and yesterday was no different. I try to do my shopping early anyway, and this year, except for Tom's stocking stuffers, I am done! I have about one third of my gifts wrapped already, hoping to make a dent in the pile of paper, ribbon and boxes today. My email in box has been flooded with tons of online craft store deals, but I've been good and just deleted them. I just can't afford any more crafting stuff right now. But I have been blessed with my November goodies from Tracie, and now Heather!

Heather sent me wonderful papers (loved that soft, suede-like type cardstock), lots of embossed cardstock and ribbons in a masculine theme. LOVED the Rileys. So coordinated with the papers and ribbons, and all new to me! Those boy-type buttons and charms are perfect, too! I am out of doilies, so that and the lots o'bling were especially appreciated! Cool Nesties--I don't have those, and with the limited crafting budget right now, I was thrilled to see those (and it looks like I can make my own doily-embellies with those). An awesome 6x6 Basic Grey paper pad, and an entire package of Art Papers have my crafting mojo humming! Thank you, Heather, for this great box of goodies. I am looking forward to some crafting time to get working with these beautiful toys!

And here's a picture:
Attached Thumbnails
november-kit-heather-001.jpg  
Old 11-24-2012, 05:47 AM   #1452
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Coming across the hall to see how everyone's holiday went.

Denise I love it when you share pictures! I'm like Imke that Jasper stills your heart!
Hope you are feeling better soon.

DH worked in the yard yesterday getting up some of the leaves. The wind has been bad the last few days so a bunch of the leaves came down. Just before he finished our riding mower decided it needed a break! Now we have two riding mowers down!
We have the thing he attaches to the back and as you drive around the yard it picks up the leaves. I sure hate having to use the rake. I always get blisters we have so many trees in the yard plus the ones that blow over from the adjoining proprieties.

Patti did you get snow? My DIL called from MN, she was out Black Friday shopping and she said the roads were icy. But it didn't slow anyone down!

Hope you ladies all have a wonderful weekend.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:49 AM   #1453
Watercolor Wizard

WOW Patti...that is a terrific kit!

Patti-it's not that she is not grateful--it's the idea that hosting a dinner is a snap of a finger to her--I don't think she has the slightest clue of what really goes into ALL the work part--she hires people to do everything in her life! Once she wanted me to bake my "present cookies" for a friend of theirs that was going through "Chemo". So, naturally I did and dolled up the cookies in the prettiest box with ribbons--the whole nine yards. I had Tom drop them off at her house the minute they were done--so they'd be nice and fresh...She calls her friend and tells him to come down (from Maine) and pick them up at her house!!!!!!! Never heard a peep of gratitude on that one-nothing! My BIL (Tom's brother said TY 50 times-called me..etc...but not a peep from her!) Oh well...I just think she's kind of an odd duck!

OKay..on a lighter note...Class Day over here (1 student called out-sick) But the show must go on...I am teaching; white on white, triple time stamping, criss-cross card and we're going to play with some mitten die cuts! Thanks to you Patti--I have the perfect SU inks for my triple time stamping card!!! <so happy>

Will take photos...talk later...have a fabulous day!

Old 11-24-2012, 06:47 AM   #1454
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning everyone! We are having company today. Glenda and her family are here. They come every Thanksgiving but instead of staying with us like in the summer, they stay out at Osage Hills State Park in a nice cabin and the kids go hiking all over the place and sometimes take a canoe out on the lake. They all love it out there and in the fall the leaves are so pretty. The wildlife is plentiful, especially the deer. It is only 12 miles from here. They are coming in and also a Grandson and his wife to watch the OU and OSU bedlam football game. We are OSU fans. Glenn's Dad, Sister, daughter(Glenda) all graduated from there and lots of nieces and nephews also went to school there. Glenn also went 2 years and played in their band. Part of our families are OU fans so it gets to be quite an ordeal with the phone calls and chatter back and forth.

I don't shop on black friday. My son Steve and his daughter Megan did. They stayed out shopping all thanksgiving night and then went back yesterday. They did get a lot of bargains but it is not for me.

My washer quit on Wednesday. It won't spin. Steve is coming today or tomorrow to see if he can fix it..hope so. A new washer would be hard on the budget this time of year.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My gosh we had way too much ood. Everyone brought at least 3 dishes. My Grandson Travis's wife Tanya made homemade hot rolls which were wonderful and she also stuffed jalepeno's with stovetop cornbread dressing, wrapped them in bacon and popped them in the over. They were so good and different items for us. Steve baked a turkey and smoked a turkey so we had lots of leftover meat to divide so everyone took some home plus a little of everything that was left over. That way we all had just a little leftovers to have yesterday and then it's gone and not filling the fridge.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 11-24-2012, 08:43 AM   #1455
Die Cut Diva

I got some sad news first thing this morning. My friend Melody called about 8AM, we were both going to the all day Turkey Crop at our LSS today and she called to say it burned early this morning. Unbelievable!! The owners, are two ladies who have sold supplies, one Stampin Up and the other Close to My Hear. Over the years they have collected so many supplies and keep them at the shop. Shortly before they opened the shop they both quit and combined all their stamps and punches etc for all of us to use in the studio. Not to forget all the stock for sale. Yesterday they had an all day Black Friday crop and several ladies left their bags and supplies there so they didn't need to load and unload again this morning. One of my friends sent a video of the fire last night. There were 9 small businesses in this building and all are lost. They were buldozing what little was still there this morning. Very sad news for all of us. Too soon to know how it started or if the owners will start over.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #1456
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Pat, that is horrible. I just googled the Evansville newspaper and read about it. I also went to the store's site and blog...what a beautiful store. How devastating.

Getting ready to run a few errands; I feel like my creativity has got up and gone; just can't get with it today; I think the holiday and not being in my craftroom has something to do with it; *sigh* I'll get back at ... once I make just one card I should be okay.

Denise, thanks for sharing the pictures; what a beautiful family. I pray each day finds you stronger.

Linda, sounds like some yummy Thanksgiving Day food and time with family.

Patti, great cardkit!

Tracie, I would love to order the Heartfelt Creations latest collection, but I won't..I've not used the collections I already have! I plan to start using what I have rather than ordering/buying more! I did place a few orders before Black Friday though. One was the Amazing Paper Grace kit...I signed up to be a member of the kit club; I love Becca's style.

Wishing everyone a super Saturday.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #1457

Here's a picture of two of my DD and I on Black Friday for lunch. The blonde is my Texas DD and the little guy is her son, my DGS Nick; The long-dark hair is my youngest DD. We had a great day; they both did a lot more shopping than I did! Texas DD and DGS will leave early in the morning to drive back to Dallas.
Attached Thumbnails
pepes.jpg  
Old 11-24-2012, 02:28 PM   #1458
Die Cut Diva

It was a beautiful shop Vickie and I spent a lot of wonderful hours there. If you looked at the blog you saw some photos of me. My friend Melody made several scrapbook pages using photos from my birthday trip and they are on the blog.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:28 PM   #1459
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Pat - That is terrible about the shop. I just can't imagine losing my LSS like that.

Vickie - Love you picture. Looks like a happy group.

Linda - Sorry to hear about your washer. That is definitely not something fun to spend your money on. Just a need.

I ordered a couple of things online but not alot. Although I must say that Vickie has peaked my interest with the Becca kit. I have always liked her style.

Meljen's Designs
Old 11-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #1460
Watercolor Wizard

Wow..so much news---first-->Pat--so sorry for your loss of the LSS...and your favorite spot to hang and craft--isn't that odd--just up in smoke? Can you imagine all those people that left their crafty rolly carts behind--losing everything too? So sad--but good thing no one was hurt.

Speaking of weird things-last night I ran to Michael's (for glue runners)-bought a few odds and ends there, then across the street to Acmoore (looking for the cute tiny MS ornament punch)..no luck. When I walked out to the car after literally 10 minutes in the store, I noticed something on the driver's door (black car--white OIL paint splashed all over the door of Tom's car!!!) Another woman walking out with me-parked near me too said, "That wasn't there when we walked in!"--I was shocked--at first glance, I thought someone threw a milk shake--no such luck! No evidence of any drippings or an empty tube of paint--I thought I drove over a paint tube and it squirted--none near tires...So, as I was headed home--I stopped at one of those Mobile gas station/car wash stations--the lights of the car washes were on--but neither the self serve or man-served sides were up and running. So I pulled into the gas station and went to go ask if they happened to have a hose--told them about the oil paint vandalism...and the guy that runs the show over there--runs to get a roll of paper towel<seriously-he ran>--he was quick to start wiping off the paint very carefully--I was afraid it would smear..his other job is "car detailing"<--can you believe my luck? He got every inch of white paint off my car--no charge--was so happy to help and apologized about his car washes not up and running! Told me to report it to the Salem, NH police...I was just relieved--nice people huh? What's that saying; Karma is payback (yes, I am saying this in "G" rating-someone will get theirs!) haha...What an awful thing to do to someone's car-new or old! Since Tom didn't see it--I said it looked like you had a graffiti of a cow skin splashed, rubbed and painted on your driver's door! I am going back with a nice bottle of something to that gas station guy--as a thank you!

Vickie--adorable pictures--looks like you gals and DGS are having fun! I miss my family so much around the holiday's. It's good that you got together--it is so important to do that!

Patti--so glad you got a "taste" of TG with your family in between shifts--you are a trooper my friend--always going! I hope you get Christmas off!

Angela-when my other SIL is cooking or if she is coming to my house we'll bring each other some side dishes etc...But since this SIL doesn't know where her kitchen is (tsk tsk haha) I purposely give her an "easy out job" Pies! Which she did bring from a local woman who is starting up a business--but instead of 1/2 gallons of ice cream...she bring 5 tiny pints--maybe she bought them in the convenience store on the way over? haha Who knows...But if we are ever invited--I'll cook, bake, bring anything the hostess needs--or even extra's--like a gift for (her) Yankee candle,kitchen mitts/towels or something cute she likes...I am so appreciative that someone else is doing the BIG job--that I get it! Plus, feeding my crew of 5--its the least I can do!

My class went very well today-plus they all bought some of my cards in addition to learning all kinds of new things! One lady is a fanatic about where she glues--we actually had to wait for her to use the glue runner--like way over the top too much time worrying about this aspect of a 10 pt card! We had fun! I will post pics later...

Old 11-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #1461
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclary View Post
Pat - That is terrible about the shop. I just can't imagine losing my LSS like that.

Vickie - Love you picture. Looks like a happy group.

Linda - Sorry to hear about your washer. That is definitely not something fun to spend your money on. Just a need.

I ordered a couple of things online but not alot. Although I must say that Vickie has peaked my interest with the Becca kit. I have always liked her style.
Tracie--I have been bombarded with Black Friday Deals--
acherryontop--20% off everything
landsend-30% off w/free shipping (not scrapbooking but cool clothes to wear while scrapbooking!!! haha)
Oh My Crafts
Eksuccess
MS
Jolee's
IOstamps (Impression Obsesson)
Penny Black
Art Impressions
Eyelets Outlet

Old 11-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #1462
Watercolor Wizard

Linda--sorry to hear about your washer--isn't it always the way---something big breaks when you have so much going on? I hope you can get it fixed!

Old 11-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #1463
Stazon Splitcoast

How sad Pat..I wonder if it was one of the ladies I talked to on the phone when I ordered a copic holder. I remember asking her if she knew you and she said yes. I know you probably have more than one store though. Hope they get enough insurance to relocate.

Thanks Susanne for the sympathy over my washer. Yep, thats the way it always goes. My son and his friend are coming over in the morning to check it out, they seem to think it is a belt so hopefully that is all it is. So glad you all had fun at your class. Can't wait to see the photos of your cards.

Vickie, love the photo of your daughter and you. I saw it last night on fb. She is a beautiful woman.

Tracie, send me a link to the kits that Vickie is talking about. I am curious too!

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 11-24-2012, 05:30 PM   #1464
Die Cut Diva

Hi Linda...I think you spoke to Helen, its not her shop but she does card classes there. Sorry to hear about your washer. Hopefully it can be fixed.

Susanne my email is being flooded with great deals too...passing on most but taken advantage of a couple.

Tracie I am interested in the kit Linda asked about too!!
Old 11-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #1465
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Susanne - That is just crazy. I can't believe that someone would do that to your car. You would think people would have enough to do without a prank like that. I'm sure they will get their just do.

If you go to </title> <meta name="robots" content="index,follow" /> <meta name="GOOGLEBOT" content="INDEX, FOLLOW" /> <script type="text/javascript" src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="//a and click on her kits. Sorry I couldn't do a link but I am typing on my iPad and don't know how to cut and paste with it.

Meljen's Designs
Old 11-24-2012, 11:24 PM   #1466
Glitter Guru

Linda- It sounds that there is hope for your washing machine. Ours also makes problems. We bought it last year only. DH calls tomorrow to the service.

Vickie- Very nice picture of you and your girls and of course your sweet grandson. Thanks for sharing !

Pat- How terrible with your LSS. I hope they can rebuild it.

Susanne- What kind of trouble with the car. Since you have been very lucky with the man from the gas station.

Patti- It's nice that you could at least spend some time with the family.You work too hard. Did not you once said you only have to work a normal shift ? Or is that normal ?
AND your kit from Heather is wonderful- enjoy every single item.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:47 AM   #1467
Watercolor Wizard

Thanks Tracie--I have seen Becca's kits before-- Wow huh? Kinda pricey to me--it sounds like you receive everything but the kitchen sink, but I didn't see the stamps/dies that are included in the kits...Maybe if I saw that lined up with the finished product? I have to focus on Christmas/Holiday now--not necessarily for me!! Boo hoo!

I slept like the letter "Z" all night---thank you Muddy!!! haha I wish I had a hot tub to get the kinks out of my legs and back--guess I should go for a nice long walk today (with Muddy of course) Have a good one--making a big breakfast with coffee cake and then putting a roast in the crockpot--using up all the TG left overs to go with this--then I can plan my menu with a cleaned-out fridge later!

My Dictionary word of the day:

amygdaliform \uh-MIG-duh-luh-fawrm\, adjective:

Shaped like an almond

Old 11-25-2012, 05:30 AM   #1468

Here's a link to the kit that shows the die and stamp set that comes with the December kit. Just click on one of the pictures in the matrix and you'll be able to click on each of the 26 photographs.

oops! forgot the link:

http://www.amazingpapergraces.com/Pr...ctCode=DEC2012
Old 11-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #1469
Glitter Guru

Thanks Vickie. I immediately thought as Susanne-WOW, quite expensive. But now it makes sense with a Spellbinder and a stamp set included.
The stamps are beautiful, but for me too much vintage. I can not handle it and it's not my style. My wallet is happy

I wonder if make a Card kit subscription on "Simon says stamps" They are not very expensive and beautiful. Tanja had a subscription and she was thrilled. Well, letīs see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Here's a link to the kit that shows the die and stamp set that comes with the December kit. Just click on one of the pictures in the matrix and you'll be able to click on each of the 26 photographs.

oops! forgot the link:

Becca&#226;€™s December 2012 Kit (Click for more DETAILS)
Old 11-25-2012, 10:33 AM   #1470
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post

That kind of reminds me of my family. We call mincemeat tarts "Hot Damns". Apparently, when my dad first came to a family Christmas, my Grandmother served the mincemeat tarts and said "Careful they're hot" as she set them on the table. He tried to grab it off the pan and said yelled "Hot Damn!!" when he burned his fingers...I thought that's what they really were named for years and years.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #1471
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaPatti View Post
Heather sent me wonderful papers (loved that soft, suede-like type cardstock)
Apparently you can stamp and color with your copics on that suede paper. I haven't tried it. NOt sure if you can color with other markers too.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #1472
Hardware Hotshot

Pat, that's terrible news about the scrapbook store!!
Old 11-25-2012, 12:55 PM   #1473
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Does anyone else do the card kits? I did Stamps of Life for a while and then never used the stamps. I just wasn't inspired. I guess I will check out Simon Says stamps like Imke mentioned.

I have been very busy today. I have made 2 birthday cards and now I need to write instructions for my class on Friday. We are doing Gift Card holders.

I am on vacation all next week (except Tuesday - have a meeting). Yippee. Hope to get lots done.

Meljen's Designs
Old 11-25-2012, 02:02 PM   #1474
Watercolor Wizard

OUT OF THE KITCHEN--AMEN! Ha-ha...I made homemade coffee cake w/a full breakfast this morning-I popped the roast in the crock-pot early--we just finished off all the left overs from Thanksgiving (minus a few pieces of Kugula), while I ran to get things for lunches--my favorite Bertoli Marinara was on sale--dinner is all set for tomorrow night! And we have left over beef from tonight! Oh, and I baked cookies this afternoon--Marble cookies that have chocolate swirled in them and made with sour cream--DONE! haha

I have to jot out a few tutorials that I promised my class gals--plus they are interested in card kits too! (In between classes)...so I need to think about this prospect!

Well, back to the grind for tomorrow--I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend--my hands are pruney from doing dishes!!!

Old 11-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #1475
Watercolor Wizard

Patrick was teasing me about 'doin' nuthin'....Tom piped up and said--If your Mother went on strike--you'd be in tough shape buddy! So Tom said, "Go ahead, try it--but leave me out of this strike pa-lease?!" hahaha Too funny!

Old 11-26-2012, 06:03 AM   #1476

Good morning

Tracie, have a relaxing, creative time this week.

Susanne, I can see the headlines now...you'll make national news as a mom on strike! LOL

Lynne, hope you are feeling much better.

I signed up for the 6 month Amazing Paper Grace kits. The paper, dies and stamps are something that are not available otherwise; I'm thinking of it like a LSS...if there was a LSS nearby I would spend that amount and more each month! So, I'm being frugal...in my mind! hahaha

I'm going to start tearing my craftroom apart this week...I need to regroup and reorganize...wish me luck!

Hope everyone has a marvelous Monday!
Old 11-26-2012, 07:02 AM   #1477
Watercolor Wizard

Vickie--true about an LSS (God knows I love my Absolutely Everything) and get quite a bit of inspiration just mosying through the place from time to time--but the kits--what if it is something you really don't like--that's my "turn-off"--they say you can skip one IF you do it in a nick of time--I wish it was something where you could pop in see what it is...if you LOVE IT -BUY IT...type of set up--but I guess they can't do that and be as efficient with their program...I will go have a look again--see if I see the papers,dies and stamps that are involved...See look at what you make me do!!! hahahahaha

Old 11-26-2012, 08:58 AM   #1478
Stazon Splitcoast

Here are some kits from Heather's Hobby Heaven: I think they are kinda expensive but you do get the stamp included.

Card Kits

I like just Rite Stamps and I do love spellbinders but I don't do Vintage very often. I am not good at it at all.

Be back later, have many errands to run.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 11-26-2012, 09:49 AM   #1479
Glitter Guru

Susanne- "Let me out of the strike" Tom makes me laugh.

Vickie- Because of the cost you're right. I also think the money you would spend somewhere else. And itīs also a paper pad inside ! I might make a subscription at Simon says stamps. I have now watched over months and I like them. The shipping costs to Germany are also ok.

Linda- The kits from Heatherīs Heaven looks also nice and definetely your style ! I donīt like it too cute- so i think thatīs also nothing for me.

Iīm still a fan of Papertrey Ink but I have ordered nothing the last time. I donīt had a WOW effect. You know what i mean ? But on my wish list are even older stuff..... LOL

Room Question:
My corner punch does not work properly and therefore iīm interested in a Corner Chomper, turquoises one. Does anyone have experience with it ?
Old 11-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #1480
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Imke - I have about 3 corner rounders and my favorite is from Creative Memories. I love it. I also have a stampin up one and one I bought at Hobby Lobby. They are just okay.

Okay I have a room question also for you copic girls. Where is the cheapest place to buy refills. Crazy as it sounds, I have been having to just get another pen. Can't find the refills.

I think I now must have one of everything that PTI offers. I haven't seen anything in the last couple of months that I want. I miss a couple of the designers that have left.

I'm not getting everything accomplished today that I wanted to. I had things cut out for my class on Friday and now I need to cut 3 more. They keep adding people. Yikes.

Meljen's Designs
Closed Thread