Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #1401
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciae View Post
Vickie glad you liked the kit!!

Heres the photo of our room...we had the upstairs room and there were two other rooms downstairs. We were in the Gardner's Cottage.
Nice digs Pat! Sounds like you had a heckagood time!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-18-2012, 09:55 PM   #1402
Die Cut Diva

I hate medical procedures, period. And thanks to my stomach/GI system, I've been subjected to a few. I have had my stomach "looked at" several times, but the last time the test was so bad, I informed them that they weren't ever doing it again. However, these days you can swallow a "camera pill", and they can look at things this way. It will probably take at least a couple of years to become available at most hospitals/clinics, though. I have had enough of the gagging and choking on the various tubes they like to put down your throat and into your stomach. I am very difficult to sedate, and all I ever hear after the procedure is what a pain in the you-know-what I was. Unfortunately, because I require higher doses of the sedatives, (don't ask me why-I have never abused drugs of any type, excluding nicotine) it is often assumed by the medical staff that I'm just a druggie demanding her fix. Oh well, what do you do?
Old 11-19-2012, 05:23 AM   #1403
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeOnline View Post
Great cards!!

Linda, I love the puffy trim on the little guys suit.

Patti, both are gorgeous, but the sympathy is my favorite! I love the colors and it's perfect for the theme.

Tracie, love the bright colors and that adorable image.

Susanne, LOVE the circles instead of the squares!! I am never very good at thinking outside the box on these things, but it's great!!

Susanne, as for the way the picture is displayed. I think you are going advanced and then adding the picture as an attachment. I am going to my gallery, clicking on the image I want, copying the address and then pasting it into my thread. Make sense?
Yeay! I did it...it worked!

Old 11-19-2012, 05:25 AM   #1404
Forum Fanatic

Thanks Heather for your direction--always wanted to know how to do that-didn't quite know what to ask!

Okay, this keyboard is going back...every 5 or so space bar jabs...and it misses! I wrote my sis last night and it was like pulling hairs to separate my sentences/words!OY!

Off to buy groceries thismorning...(<--see?) so bbl to ck in! Have a goodMonday everyone!

Old 11-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #1405
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Linda - Hope you did okay with your tests today.

Vickie - Love your card.

Imke - Haven't noticed any problems on Sunday but then I guess I am not on that much.

Hoping DH will take me out for dinner tonight. Not feeling the cooking bug.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 11-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #1406
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all...hope everybody had a nice weekend!

Linda, is Denise feeling better?

Susanne, looks like you had a great shopping trip...wish I could score those good deals!

Patti and Joanna, I feel for you with the tickets...good grief, that is expensive. I have a funny speeding story to share.... When I was 16, I had plans to go swimming with my friends and was running late. I knew I was driving fast, but didn't realize how fast. I saw a state trooper drive past me going the other direction; it looked like he waved to me, so I waved back... you know, just being friendly. Well, he wasn't being friendly, he was signaling me to pull over...I figured that out when I saw the flashing lights behind me. I bet he thought I was dumber than a box of rocks! LOL I was doing 72 in a 55. No ticket for me though, just a warning...it must have been my bikini! LOL I was so relieved because I knew I would be in big trouble with my parents if I got a ticket. It turns out that one of their friends saw me and told them. One of them asked if there was anything I wanted to tell them? Umm, no!

Awesome challenge cards you ladies have been uploading!

Here are some pics of Ivy's tree: The 4th picture shows my favorite ball...it looks like mercury glass.
Attached Thumbnails
ivys-tree-1.jpg   ivys-tree-2.jpg   ivys-tree-3.jpg   ivys-tree-4.jpg  

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 11-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #1407
Forum Fanatic

IVY---Excellent tree--I love it....It's tall, svelt and spaaaaaakly! Just beautiful!

I got out of a ticket once--hot summer day, barefooted, just waxed my car...told the cops "Look officers, here's proof--I had blue wax remnants in my nails" I was trying to get the dust and wax balls off the car so I must have speeded a lil'!!! Again, short shorts, tan, barefooted!!! So against the law! They told me to put shoes on and slow down young lady!!!

New keyboard! Yaaay--so far so good--space bar intact! Looking for normal napkins--such garbagy paper napkins they sell with turkeys and stick turkeys?? I think I need to run to Hallmark tonight!

Then off to Bed, Bath and Beyond for an electric knife! Need one anyway!

Old 11-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #1408
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Angela, Ivy's tree is beautiful!

Speediing? Me? No! In the middle of town no less, age 22, hot candy apple red metallic 1969 GTO, dual quad exhaust, 4 speed tranny, BIG engine .... I always wanted to own a race car! Got stopped...local town cop asked if I thought I was in the Indy 500 when he got to my window...whew! only a warning!

Hope Linda did okay with the colonoscopy today.

Went grocery shopping today; store was packed!

My Texas DD and grandson are heading home for TG and should arrive in about an hour. She is driving rather than flying. Can't wait to see her.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:14 PM   #1409
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello Everyone!

I survived yesterday, no more gook to drink for awhile. My results were so good he said I don't have to come back for 10 years....YEA!!! They were getting me ready to go to the room and one of the nurses stopped the nurse taking me in and said be good to her and be very careful she is my second Mom. She was Sherrill's best friend in Jr. high and high school. She practically lived with us or Sherrill at her house. Anyway, I thought that was sweet of her. When Sherrill had her colonoscopy she was her nurse and we had too much fun in that recovery room.

Denise had her first of three infusions today. She is still unable to get her leg and arm to work. Hopefully the infusion tomorrow will start helping them to work and the final one is on Wed. I'm praying hard for her.

Think I'll go look at a few blogs. I'm still sleepy. They said the meds that they used to put me out won't be completely gone until tomorrow. I''ve slept most of the day.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 11-19-2012, 06:23 PM   #1410
Stazon Splitcoast

Angela, I forgot to say how much I love Ivy's tree. It is so beautiful. She did a fabulous job.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 11-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #1411
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Glad to hear things went well for you Linda. Yeah 10 years.

Angela - I love Ivy's tree. Just beautiful. You definitely have the tree touch.

I don't think I ever got a speeding ticket. But then my memory is fuzzy so who knows. HA!

Meljen's Designs
Old 11-19-2012, 09:36 PM   #1412
Die Cut Diva

Linda,

Glad to hear things went well.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:58 PM   #1413
Gallery Gazer

Linda- Yeahr, great news. Iīm glad to hear that all went well. Sorry about Denise- i will sent her a card.

Angela- Tell Ivy, a woman on the other end of the world is thrilled ! A wonderful tree-the colors are great it sparkles beautifully. However, it is plastic ?

Vickie- Itīs nice that your family comes to visit. Enjoy the time.

Susanne- I donīt know what the problem is. Maybe they do servicing or the traffic is just too high.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:17 AM   #1414
Stampin' Fool

Ladies thanks for all the kind thoughts and prayers! I am still pretty much bed bound, trying to get a wheelchair for just these occasions, this happened last May. Since Medicare won't cover my Rebif injections I continue to get new lesions. Anyway, heplock in place, first dose of solumedrol in, and praying that this works.

New Pictures of Atticus!

Just wanted to say thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
atticus-facebook-sears.jpg   atticus29.jpg  
Old 11-20-2012, 04:44 AM   #1415
Forum Fanatic

Denise---I hope it works...our thoughts are with you! Cutie pie Atticus! Awe!

Have a lot to do here--hope to get to the PO and get my gals (Vickie/Imke) goodies shipped today--I have a list a mile long and don't have a car until after 3pm! Holding up my coffee mug for a refill please!!! haha Popped outta bed at 5--feel like...If only I had a magic wand and Martha Stewart helpers appear before me to just take care of this holiday stuff!!! <ahhh wishful dreaming> SLAP..wake up Susanne--get real and get movin'!

Have a fabulous day everyone--I told the chickens yesterday---"You gals are lucky you are chickens instead of turkeys!" haha They all stopped what they were doing--looked at me!!! haha...Oh gosh, off and running here!

Old 11-20-2012, 07:03 AM   #1416

Susanne, you are tooooo funny!

Denise, praying for your recovery. Atticus is sooo cute! They grow so fast.

Linda, glad the colon procedure went well and 10 years...woohoo!

Need to fix breakfast and start the day!

My DD and DGS arrived around midnight..they are staying with youngest DD; I can't wait to see them this afternoon.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:11 PM   #1417
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi!

It sounds like everybody is gearing up for the holiday. When I drove home from work tonight, there was a lot of traffic...travelers I would guess.

Hope you get to feeling better Denise; cute pictures of Atticus!

Imke, I will give Ivy the message. Her tree is artificial...not sure if I would have picked black, but it was her choice and it looks really pretty in her room. I like the style of it though, tall and thin. Ivy thought I bought way too many decorations for it, but it looks good...I say "Pile them on!"

Linda, I don't know how I missed the colonoscopy.... Glad everything went well...that's great news!

Vickie, I laughed at your speeding story, especially the Indy 500 part! They used to call me Betty Andretti! LOL I try to be good and follow the rules these days...need to keep the kids safe and be a good example....

Susanne, did you replace your keyboard? What a bummer! I think our wireless mouse needs to be replaced soon.

Do any of you watch Chopped? It's on the food channel. 4 chefs receive a basket of ingredients that they have to make an appetizer, main dish, and dessert with. Each round they get a new basket of ingredients and a chef is "chopped". It's a fun show; Ivy and I like to watch it on Tuesdays.

Marlyn is on supper duty tonight...the pizza is here!

I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 11-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #1418
Forum Fanatic

KUGULA in oven---3 bags-carrots peeled and chunked for casserole...Tom @ "Lincoln" movie--K was going to go with him-but petered out at the last minute--I couldn't b'cuz I am the COOK! Plus, I know I would fall fast asleep after about 13 minutes of that movie--sorry, can't handle boring war/history movies--would rather have my teeth drilled! <--Used to tell my history teachers this in school and they were shocked! hahaha Just goes to show, we're all different people!

Angela--Ivy's tree really is quite exquisite--black and all--love to see what our off spring creates!

Patrick re-took the SATs and got an additional 128 pts! Very proud of him--although...was he snoozin' the first time around? <haha>

K's friend (x beau) is joining us for Thanksgiving and his request of a favorite dish is Sweet potato with marshmallows! Visual: Me walking through Stop & Shop asking approachable women if they had ever made this recipe--finally, as I was headed for marshmallows, a lady said--"Look at the back of the marshmallow package!" BINGO! I cannot even begin to think how sweet this is; marshmallow, Yams, brown sugar, butter-bake! <toothache> ? haha But, I aim to please and will taste it to see what all the fuss is about!

Vickie/Imke--didn't make the PO today--Promise by Friday! Unless by pure miracle I get Shane's car for a bit tomorrow morning...we shall see... Vickie--enjoy your company!

Old 11-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #1419
Die Cut Diva

Linda glad your test came out well and you don't need to do it again for TEN years.

Love Ivy's tree, looks like the apple really doesn't fall far. She is a natural Angela.

Susanne I grew up with the marshmellow sweet potatoes, I guess it's sort of like cranberries around here...you HAVE to serve it on Thanksgiving.

Sorry you're not feeling well Denise. That baby is precious!! Love the dimple. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Last edited by patriciae; 11-20-2012 at 07:40 PM..
Old 11-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #1420
Stazon Splitcoast

Jessica, thanks so much for an amazing kit. It has everythng, CS, paper pad, 3 rolls ribbon, amazing crochet flowers, brads and stamps and more plus two giant Milky Way Caramel bars. Thanks so much. It made my day. I love it all. Sorry the lighting was bad but was afraid I would dip into it if I didn't take photos now.
Attached Thumbnails
100_0411_edited-1.jpg  

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 11-20-2012, 07:38 PM   #1421
Die Cut Diva

Nice kit Linda!! Enjoy the chocolate!!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #1422
Glitter Guru

I swear I responded her today? <scratches head>. It hasn't been a great day, so maybe I just imagined it or didn't hit "reply".

Anyway, Claire's sick. Cold, I think. Last night wasn't good. DH tried to keep her sleeping while I slept, since I work and about three hours in, I woke up to a frustrated and very tired husband. So, I took over for a bit and then we both sat with her a bit....finally she fell asleep on his chest sitting on the couch. So, needless to say, neither of us got a great sleep!

She seems to be doing better so fingers crossed we have a quiet night.

Angela, Ivy's tree is gorgeous!

Linda, lovely kit.

Denise, Atticus is so cute!!
Old 11-20-2012, 10:20 PM   #1423
Die Cut Diva

Heather,

I hope Claire gets better and you all catch up on your sleep.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:54 AM   #1424
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciae View Post
Linda glad your test came out well and you don't need to do it again for TEN years.

Love Ivy's tree, looks like the apple really doesn't fall far. She is a natural Angela.

Susanne I grew up with the marshmellow sweet potatoes, I guess it's sort of like cranberries around here...you HAVE to serve it on Thanksgiving.

Sorry you're not feeling well Denise. That baby is precious!! Love the dimple. Thanks for sharing the photos.
Pat...well if you have the quick recipe--I'll take it--making it off the back of the marshmallow package! I just thought it was cute that he requested it--feels comfortable enough to ask...Of course K said..."Oh yeah, my mom makes that!" She couldn't find a fork in the kitchen if her life depended on it! haha Sadly, she has absolutely no interest in cooking/baking--tells me it's Martha Stewart Mother stuff and she didn't 'sign up for that job' (brat) haha So, I guess she'll be the one having to go to someone else's house for the holidays long after I am gone! It's to bad-that's how I learned to cook--hangin' with my mom and helping her! But, we all have our own special talents!

Old 11-21-2012, 06:01 AM   #1425
Forum Fanatic

Okay, dryer buzzed and that means off to the kitchen! Tom is at work, then he has to go get the turkey (ordered at the farm)..then he gets to drive to and fro to Bridgewater State U to pick up son#1--views of traffic in Boston on the news looks like Armageddon!

Nice kit Linda--Hello Jess..Happy Thanksgiving!

Angie--I just thought of a nickname for you..."Lynngy" it combines your screen name and your real name! Cute or no go? haha...Ask QueenieJO--I changed her name the first day here!!! hahaha I am so bad--I always do this to people! <smiles> I still have to think about one for Denise-Leslie "Deniselie" Okay, being silly here..must go cook n bake! <Marching up the stays away from my computer NOW>! Have a great day everyone-don't forget to wear your oven mitts in the kitchen!

Old 11-21-2012, 06:04 AM   #1426
Forum Fanatic

One more item: Claire--awe it's so hard when our kids get sick! Kala's first ear infection was her first Thanksgiving--she was only 11 mos old--she also climbed the carpeted stairs up and down that weekend! Funny how mom's remember this stuff huh?

I hope she and you guys get through this easy...poor angel!

Okay, gotta use this coffee rush wisely...cheers!

Old 11-21-2012, 10:20 AM   #1427
Die Cut Diva

Hmmm....very creative, but I don't think it has quite the right ring to it. Don't ask why I picked that username...
Old 11-21-2012, 06:32 PM   #1428
Forum Fanatic

Omgosh...I just got out of the kitchen!!! I cooked and steamed and put together a bunch! I even pulled out my mom's ol' Jello recipe with Lime/Lemon Jello, Philly, Crushed Pinepple--It's lookin' pretty good in the fridge right now!

I tried a new recipe called "Triple Chocolate Kisses"-will post recipe later-brain and back too tired to think! haha

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Mwaaaah! <<<<hugs>>>>

Old 11-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #1429
Gabfest Goddess

JCI before heading to work, but wanted to let Heather know that I received her great package in the mail today! It was waiting for me when I woke up, and WOW! There is some most awesome stuff in there! Will post photo and details later on, but had to tell Heather THANK YOU!!

and a Happy Thanksgiving Day to all us Americans!! I know I have a lot to be thankful for, starting with all of my friends here on this thread!
Old 11-21-2012, 06:55 PM   #1430
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaPatti View Post
JCI before heading to work, but wanted to let Heather know that I received her great package in the mail today! It was waiting for me when I woke up, and WOW! There is some most awesome stuff in there! Will post photo and details later on, but had to tell Heather THANK YOU!!

and a Happy Thanksgiving Day to all us Americans!! I know I have a lot to be thankful for, starting with all of my friends here on this thread!
Awe ditto Patti--If its any comfort...I'll be up at 5 stuffing Tom Turkey with dressing and sewing him up! hahahahahaha eeek My hands are raw from washing dishes and cooking all day--not pretty! Where's that heating pad--my back is twisted!!! Have a good night at work!

Old 11-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #1431
Glitter Guru

Lynne - are you back to 100% yet?

Happy Thanksgiving to all you US lovlies! I've been hanging out on the HYCCT prize thread today and all they can talk about are their turkeys and sides and pies....I'm hungry!!

Claire is feeling better. I"m off tomorrow because I wanted to attend her 9 month check up (omg, 9 months tomorrow!!) and then we might try to catch a Stars and Stroller showing of Wreck it Ralph.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:13 PM   #1432

Linda, great cardkit!

Denise, hope you are feeling better.

Heather, sorry to hear that Claire has a cold; hope she feels better soon.

Patti, I agree...so thankful for my friends here on Splitcoast.

Susanne, I bet you'll like the sweet potato/marshallow recipe on the back of the package. Like Pat said, marshallow's on sweet potatoes, and cranberries are a biggie around here too.

Angela, aka Betty Andretti...too funny!

Need to empty the dishwasher and then get ready for bed; traveling to Hazel's for dinner; I'm taking apple salad, a relish/veggie tray, and spiral ham. OOPS! I forgot to put the sugar cream pies in the oven...guess I'm not quite ready for bed!

Imke, I mailed your cardkit package today.

Okay, need to shut computer down and finish my work!

Happy American Thanksgiving!
Old 11-21-2012, 10:57 PM   #1433
Die Cut Diva

Heather,

I am actually feeling much better, thanks.

Am I just weird, or would most of you rather have a cold than the stomach flu? (if it were inevitable that you were going to have on or the other)
Old 11-21-2012, 11:33 PM   #1434
Gallery Gazer

A Happy Thanksgiving to all my American Friends !!!
There is a lot to eat that day, hm ? All of these delicious recipes - I get appetite.

Denise- I hope you are feeling better soon. Thanks for these lovely pics.

Heather- Fortunately little Claire is feeling better. Get no sleep is horror-especially if you have to work too.

Patti- Have fun with your kit !

Linda- You too !

Vickie- Thanks for letting me know. The time has come....December is my month. I look forward !

Susanne- Let us know if the marshmallows tasted. Sounds very interesting.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:16 AM   #1435
Pearl-ExPert

Hello everyone! Just wanted to drop in and say Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends (and hello to all my other nationality friends - Canadian and German)!! While it is not our Canadian thanksgiving ... I did want to say thanks to everyone here for being such a great group of ladies! I miss you all a lot and I am hoping to be able to get back to crafting and chatting soon. Thanks for being understanding at my need for an extended break!!
Old 11-22-2012, 05:30 AM   #1436
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Wiggy, so good to see you...hope all is well with you!

To those who celebrate it, enjoy your Thanksgiving! For the travelers, travel safely!

Old 11-22-2012, 05:45 AM   #1437
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Happy Thanksgiving to all my SCS friends. Going to spend the day eating with family. 2 dinners to go to. Ugh - I feel the pounds coming on now.

Meljen's Designs
Old 11-22-2012, 06:37 AM   #1438
Gallery Gazer

Donelda- Itīs so nice to "see" you and i hope you check in from time to time and chat with us

Tracie- You make me giggle with your statement about the pounds. Donīt think about it today- enjoy the dinners
Old 11-22-2012, 06:51 AM   #1439
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Thanksgiving!

Had to cross the hall to wish you all a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving!
Old 11-22-2012, 08:58 AM   #1440
Stazon Splitcoast

You are welcome here anytime Lena.

Donelda, I really really miss you but know how it is and you gotta do what you gotta do. Your health is the most important thing so you take your time and you get over all the stress etc. So glad you popped in. You made my day.

I made 4 pumpkin pies, 2 sweet potatoe pies and 2 pecan pies yesterday, a huge pot of veggie beef soup for the weekend and a jello salad. Today all I am making is dressing. HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE IN THE US!!

Susanne, wish I was coming to your house. That jello salad you are talking about is so good, used to make it and don't really know why I stopped cause I love it.

Patti, so sorry you have to work. Will be thinking of you.

Denise should have a wheel chair today. I hope so, she needs to be able to enjoy today with her family. I'll miss having her and Scott and Debra here today.

I hope all of you have a wonderful day. I have so much to be greatful and thankful for, such great family and friends and my Secret Sisters who are the best ever SCS group.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Closed Thread