Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 05:38 PM   #1321
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Birthday has been very good! I enjoy celebrating all month long!

Heather, being and staying 29 year after year is magical!

I plan to place a stampin up order using my gift of cash. And, I'll probably order more of the embossing folder binders from hobby lobby online since the store doesn't keep them in stock; the hobby lobby I go to has had 4 and I've purchased all of them. I was going to make the trip to Indy to go to Archivers and Hobby Lobby but decided I don't want to drive the 2 hours.

Think I'm going to turn in early; have had a headache all day and feel like a zombie!

Hope everyone has a good night and a terrific Thursday.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:57 PM   #1322
Glitter Guru

All those little new things are so much fun to watch Heather! Sounds like she has a sense of humor already.

Imke, sorry about the bike. You ride to work often don't you? Then you would definitely need a reliable bike.

Angela, I do like that card candy, it's fun to use and so light weight. I just put a big drop of liquid glue (either the tombow or crystal effects works pretty well for me) under the candy and stick it on. Can't wait to see Ivy's tree!

Some friends of ours are celebrating Diwali this week (an Indian holiday). I wanted to make them a card, but couldn't find a sentiment for it. I emailed Paulette at Create with TLC and asked if she had anything like that, I could't find a set in her store. She was so nice, she offered to make a set and had it up in the store in no time. I just thought that was so nice!

I'm in the process of finishing my scrap pages, I got the new photos and have been cutting them. My goal is to get them in the mail before Thanksgiving.

I'm going away this weekend for a girl's weekend to Senaca Lake, they have a wine and food tour where you collect ornaments and make a wreath as you go to each winery. We've never been, so I'm looking forward to it. But I'm kind of stressed, I'm still behind on everything around here from the storm. I guess everything will get done eventually!

Hope you feel better Lynne, that stinks that you have a long car trip and are sick.

Pat, don't forget the photos of your granddaughter, I would love to see how she looked in her dress!

Have a great night everyone.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #1323
Die Cut Diva

I'll be sure to post pictures but her dance isn't until December 1. They wanted to get an early start if we were going to need alterations. I'm sure December can't get here fast enough for her.
Vickie the lady at the post office said your package should be there Friday!!
Sounds like a wonderful weekend Kathy!! I am going to a scrapbooking retreat this weekend. It's at a B&B right outside of Louisville so we are going to the Archivers first and then back to the B&B Friday Saturday and Sunday morning!! I bet this weekend flies by!!
Old 11-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #1324
Glitter Guru

Angela- I see. Ivy has her own Christmas tree in her room. Great idea, but it is not a little early ?

Pat- Your scrapbookin event sounds like a lot of fun and im sure your shopping trip before too Enjoy it !

Kathy- Yes, I drive every day by bicycle. You're right, it must be reliable. But hey, my current bike is just 5 years old ! The material is getting worse. 10-15 years ago things have kept longer. It will all only produced so that it keeps a few years and then you have to buy new. Then even at a high price. It bothers me.
Your wine tour sounds great. Have a great time with your friends and enjoy your "kid free time". AND i look forward to your scrapbook page !!

Vickie- SU has exciting new things in the catalog. I ordered a very long time no stamp- in Germany SU is very expensive. But now there are also clear stamp here. We have now the same catolag like you in the US.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:06 AM   #1325
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Imke, that is rotten news about your bike. I agree, things aren't made to last like they used to.... As far as the tree going up early, I agree but it made her happy so all is well. I confess, I am always a little bit late getting holiday things done, so maybe I should take a cue from her...or put her in charge of all the holiday decorating and maybe baking too!

Heather, how old is Claire now? Sounds like you are enjoying seeing her personality emerge! Pretty soon she will start to talk, so I have a tip for you...get a notebook to write down the funny things she says. I would put which child, their age, the date and what they said in quotes...so fun to go back and read that stuff!

Kathleen, so glad you are back! It sounds like you have a wonderful weekend planned...that will be nice after the recent stress with the weather and being away from home.

Pat, I am excited to see your grandaughter's picture! They are only allowed 2 formals here...Homecoming and Prom, so the Student Council has been busy planning their next event...Morp which is Prom backwards. They will have events all week, like they did at Homecoming and the dance will be casual dress (lounge pants, whatever's comfortable) and the dinner before will be going out for fast food or something simple like that. I think it will be fun for the kids...and inexpensive for parents...yay! One of the dress up days is Super Hero day, so I will be making Ivy a costume for that. Need to get to the fabric store to see what patterns they have....

Vickie, so glad you are enjoying your birthday month!

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 11-15-2012, 02:12 PM   #1326
Die Cut Diva

I still have the flu, but at least I'm at home again. Actually sleeping last night helped some. I just wanted to pop by, say "hi", AND to thank Angela for the great kit. It was waiting in my mailbox when I got home last night. Great paper, (both patterned and cardstock) beautiful flowers and ribbon, awesome stamped images, bling, all kinds of good stuff. So, thank you very much!
Old 11-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #1327
Die Cut Diva

Oh. Forgot to mention that my computer seems to be attempting some sick, twisted form of a slow suicide, so who knows when I'll be able to post next. I'd love to put it out of its misery and out a window, but so far I'm resisting.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #1328

JCI to say hello; headache again today, but it's gone for now, thankfully.

Pat...I'll be watching for the kit's delivery!

Kathleen, what a fun weekend you have planned. AND, you'll need to go to the HYCCT prize thread...you've won a prize! My understanding is someone will contact you, but you won a prize ... did I mention that already! Yay! So far, you and Heather have won something for your participation! Guess I should clarify from this thread you two have won a prize...there's been lots of prizes given away so far.

I need to do something crafty this evening...like continue putting Imke's cardkit shower together.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening and a fabulous Friday!
Old 11-15-2012, 04:03 PM   #1329
Stazon Splitcoast

Angie, I'm glad your package finally arrived..enjoy!

The girls had a great day at our house today! Ivy made the "A" honor roll, which consisted of 6/110 kids...2 girls and 4 boys. Paisley retrieved her first duck, and didn't even eat it; I need to call my brother and let him know. Yay for girl power! I guess I am the underachiever in the family today...unless you count laundry....

I just pulled the casserole out of the oven and am baking breadsticks....

Have a great night everybody!

I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 11-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #1330
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Vickie - Sorry about your headache. I usually get them with a change of weather.

Kathy - Sounds like you are going to have a fun weekend.

Angela - Congrats on Ivy making the honor roll. Sounds like you have a smart cookie there.

I have tomorrow off and I am making a meal for a friend who is having rotator cuff surgery tomorrow. Also need to finish up some cards for a swap. Always something to do.

Are we planning on this swap again. Since I am finalizing my December kit now, I am ready for January. HA!

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 11-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #1331
Watercolor Wizard

Lynne-relieved you are back home--hope you are well soon.

Prizes? What is HYCCT? Congratulations to Jess and Kathy! Send a picture here so we can see?
Vickie--I have been slightly headacheish this week-it's the barometric pressure UP and down...aaargh! Chilly tonight and they are talking about a storm that is supposed to be around over Thanksgiving weekend-God help us if we lose power is all I gotta say---not until everyone has eaten! I can handle Scrabble by flashlight...but not before!

Angela--Oh, you'd think Thanksgiving didn't exist around here...one minute its Halloween and the next....we're flying into Christmas decor! I want some new decorations for Christmas here--will have to go buy some ornaments and something fun for the front door!

Pat--please share pictures-we'd love to see them!

Where's Denise been?

Kathy--have fun--sounds like a really cool concept to travel/decorate a wreath--I am sure you could use a 'girls night out'...enjoy!

Patti---I have been thumbing through the SU catty tonight....just letting you know you should hear from me soon--Vickie is Patti your SU Rep too? We should combine our order if possible?!

Imke--Santa and your b-day are comin'....maybe :NEW BIKE should be on your list-stinks that it cannot be fixed....Bikes are very expensive now...Do you have "Craigs List" in Germany--people sell things on Craigs List...much cheaper than the original price tag!

Kathy--cannot wait to see your 6x6!

Lynne_-what a nice surprise to receive Angela's goodies upon your return...FUN MAIL!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 11-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #1332
Watercolor Wizard

Heather/Claire--I still remember conversations with my kids when they were small---pick up one of those recorder things---we have one of all three kids wish their Dad "happy birthday"...Tom keeps it in his office--I get goosebumps when I hear their lil' voices! So precious when they start to talk about things! Enjoy!

Old 11-15-2012, 10:08 PM   #1333
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
AND, you'll need to go to the HYCCT prize thread...you've won a prize! My understanding is someone will contact you, but you won a prize ... did I mention that already! Yay! So far, you and Heather have won something for your participation! Guess I should clarify from this thread you two have won a prize...there's been lots of prizes given away so far.
Vickie, I'm still watching for your name to come up!!

Quote:
Prizes? What is HYCCT? Congratulations to Jess and Kathy! Send a picture here so we can see?
Susanne, HYCCT is "Hope You Can Cling To". It's a month of challenges here on SCS that support a Cancer Centre in Texas. There's a challenge every day, plus an extra few throughout the month. 35 challenges in all! You make your cards and then send them to the Cancer Centre for the patients to send to family and friends.

At the end of HYCCT, everyone who participated is eligible for the prize drawings. There's a big list of sponsors, I think I heard someone say about 120 prizes, and they've given about 50 out so far. I won two stamp sets from The Craft's Meow. I don't know whether I get to pick them or not. I suppose I'll find out later once the prize sponsor contacts me.

Angela, Claire will be 9 months old next week. She's been crawling since seven months. She's a curious little monkey, but she's good too. I'm amazed at her good understanding of things. She started waving last weekend, so that's pretty cute too. The notebook is a great idea. I'll have to find a good one.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:46 AM   #1334
Watercolor Wizard

Heather...how you know about all this stuff amazes me--I pretty much stay on our threads on SCS...glance at the weekly inkling thing that comes out on Wednesday's and check out the tutorials...Is there some list somewhere w/ all these other challenges? I still don't get how the RAK stuff works--I was "approved" years ago, but never did anything about it our of pure ignorance! haha! There, I said it! Cyber thin air stuff...don't know how it works and if I click on things it brings you to a thread that is old and you have no idea what people are talking about in the thread...Not going to read through an entire thread to find out. So are there like organized pages with descriptions of all these challenges in SCS...1 page per challenge with a complete description? I have bumped into the Creative -members only of SCS pages where you have to be some kind of member-yearly fee? So I never pursued that because I thought you had to be a store owner or the people who started SCS? See how dumb I am about this...It will say; YOU are not a member-no access etc...or something like that!

Are all of you paid members on SCS? Is this something I should do? Just throwing this out there-do not mean to be nosy...just curious!

Also...babytalk--love how they learn words...we still say: "basketti" for spaghetti..."yourgit" for Yogurt and "Girlcheese" for Grilled Cheese!!! And our Kindergarten teacher once asked me why my kids say: "Weeendzday" instead of Wednesday--they drag out the end part--she once asked me to say it when I picked them up from school when they were kids!!! TheeeATER (theater) is another one? Who knows how they learned it this way?

Old 11-16-2012, 06:08 AM   #1335
Hardware Hotshot

That's funny Susanne, we still use "kiddisms" here too. We say, "I terget" (Caleb could not do c or f words for the longest time) and "I not know" ALL the time. People look at us funny when we say them but they are so ingrained, it would take REAL effort on our part to stop!
Old 11-16-2012, 06:31 AM   #1336
Hardware Hotshot

HYCCT was advertised on the main page, which is where I saw it advertised. I also "like" the SCS Facebook group and they often put little advertisements there. I don't read the weekly inkling. LOL.

There is a whole "SplitCoast Challenge" section of the forum, so read about alot of it there. I guess I just poke around the site and see what's up. The other place that challenges are posted are in the Member Company threads. I found Verve awhile ago and play along. I know MFT is there, but I haven't played yet (it's on my list). I just went through the treads a few days ago to see what other companies offer challenges.

Most of the challenge threads have a description of the challenges stickied in the forum.

I am currently a Fan Club member (paid member), but I JUST joined in August. The reason I joined was to do their Dare to Get Dirty Challenges. I think they're pretty much the only challenges that are "restricted". I also joined for instant uploading of pictures (I don't have to wait for my pictures to be approved by a moderator).
Old 11-16-2012, 06:39 AM   #1337

Susanne, I'm a SU demo; used to do classes and workshops, but now I just order for me and no longer place customer orders.

Heather, so glad you and Kathleen have won so far! I keep watching for my name too! LOL I'm on that thread everyday just to chat and see what's happening with prizes. I "only" uploaded 17 card challenges...but you my friend, will have a chance at the "big" prize since you completed all 35 challenges!

Susanne, registered members here on SCS can pay an annual fee to gain access to the Dirty Dozen gallery; and, another benefit of the paid fee is you can upload a card anytime without having it approved..it is available for instant viewing. That is the one benefit I enjoy the most. BUT, even without paying that fee splitcoast offers so much more than anyother site for FREE. I've gained so much here, especially friends like all of you!

Day number 3 for headache; not as bad today but still a bad one.

Tracie, enjoy your day off!

Hope everyone has a fabulous, fun Friday!
Old 11-16-2012, 06:48 AM   #1338

I plan to start participating in more challenges rather than card swaps (I will always participate in this swap with all of you!)

There are so many challenges on blogs that I want to do too! Now that I'm retired you would think I would have more time to do challenges; sheesh! Where does the time go?!

I'm currently participating in an alphabet challenge here on splitcoast; enjoy that a lot; I've also participated in the MMTPT weekly challenge off and on. The Home page has a list of the daily challenges listed. Just jump in and do one Susanne!

Going to take some advil migraine; was hoping that I wouldn't have to do that today. *sigh*
Old 11-16-2012, 08:39 AM   #1339
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

It smells good here...I baked a pumpkin pie, now bars are in the oven.... Next up is Beef Stew in the Crock Pot....

Vicke, I have found that Exedrin Migraine works pretty good for me. My prescription is supposed to be taken when you feel a migraine coming on; often times I wake up with it and it's too late. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Joanna, here is a funny "kiddism" for you..."so don't I". In H.S., one of my friends had a little brother who would say this...too cute!

Susanne, my parents saved a message on their answering machine from Ivy for years. They said it made them happy to play it back and listen to her.

Trying to get the house in order since I work the weekend.

Hope everybody is having a super day.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #1340
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
I plan to start participating in more challenges rather than card swaps (I will always participate in this swap with all of you!)

There are so many challenges on blogs that I want to do too! Now that I'm retired you would think I would have more time to do challenges; sheesh! Where does the time go?!
I feel the same way! I don't do very many card swaps anyway, but I like the secret sister ones. But, I find that it takes away from the time I get to actually create. I'd love to send people little handmade items too, but I just run out of time!!!

I love this one, it won't go away. The other thing is that I have joined a few extra than I normally would right now because of Christmas. I love the Christmas swaps.

Vickie, maybe we should pick one challenge every week or so that we both play along with. Then we can admire each others cards...and Susanne, you can join us!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:11 AM   #1341

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeOnline View Post
I feel the same way! I don't do very many card swaps anyway, but I like the secret sister ones. But, I find that it takes away from the time I get to actually create. I'd love to send people little handmade items too, but I just run out of time!!!

I love this one, it won't go away. The other thing is that I have joined a few extra than I normally would right now because of Christmas. I love the Christmas swaps.

Vickie, maybe we should pick one challenge every week or so that we both play along with. Then we can admire each others cards...and Susanne, you can join us!
Good idea Heather! I did just finish creating a card for today's Free for All challenge to create a black, white, and read (red) all over card...read being the keyword...use newsprint on the card. I'm just getting ready to photo it and will upload to my gallery this afternoon.

I have to say, my DH shoulda been a doctor! LOL He has a nasal spray RX called Nasacort (my ENT RXd me Flonase which has not helped with the headache); he suggested I try his so I sniffed the Nasacort about an hour ago and headache gone...I didn't have to take the migraine meds. When I go back in December for ear checkup I'm going to request Nasacort.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:40 AM   #1342
Stazon Splitcoast

Susanne, I am a paying member because I love to check out the Dirty Dozen or Dare to get Dirty cards and used to play along with their challenges. I need to start playing along with some of their challenges. Heather and Vickie let me know what you choose to do as far as which challenges and I will play too. I also like to be able to upload a card anytime I have time and it is usually on Sundays I decide to upload.I also like their sketch challenges.

Denise has not been feeling well. Her MS flares with muscle spasms in her back and legs and keep her up most of the nights and then she is exhausted and sleeps most of the day at times anyway. The new baby is also taking up her time. She loves babies actually any age kids. Her husband has been out of work for over a year and he is looking for a job and there just aren't any where they live. He was sick with his blood sugar, blood pressure and heart for a long time too. She has had her hands full. I miss her being on here.

I can't decide what to fix for dinner tonight. I think I need to come up with something soon. I would rather go out to eat.

Lynn, hope you are feeling better soon.

Vickie, glad your headache went away. They are not fun to deal with or try to get things done when you head is throbbing.

Angela, you are making me think I need to bake something. Pumpkin pie sounds good, but I will be making 4 of them on Wed. and 2 pecan pies so maybe I need a coconut cream instead.

Tracie, that sounds just like you helping out your friend with dinner. I'm sure she will appreciate it and be very thankful for friends like you.

Have a great afternoon everyone.

Pat and Kathy, have a great weekend.

Patti hope you are doing okay.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 11-16-2012, 10:42 AM   #1343

Heather, how about you choose the challenge, let us know, and we'll play along too. I know your crafty time can be somewhat limited with a 9 month old, who, by the way, is adorable!
Old 11-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #1344
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Heather, how about you choose the challenge, let us know, and we'll play along too. I know your crafty time can be somewhat limited with a 9 month old, who, by the way, is adorable!
Thank you! I know I should be modest, but every time someone says "she's so cute!" or "she's so good!", I just feel like saying "Yes, she IS!!!".

Not to take away from anyone elses' child at all. I'm sure we all feel that way about our children. You know, before you have kids you hear that the experience can't be described, but....man, it can't be described!! I can't even describe it to those who have kids and have experienced it.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #1345
Hardware Hotshot

Okay, I've picked the SplitCoast Sketch Challenge for this week:

Sketch Challenge 411 {11/14/12}

Susanne, you going to play with us???
Old 11-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #1346
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Heather - Thanks for picking a challenge. I am going to give it a try also.

I like the challenges but am a bit overwhelmed with the choices.

Vickie - Glad the headache is gone. Headaches are not fun.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 11-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #1347
Hardware Hotshot

I get that way too, which is part of my problem. But, there are lots of great sites out there!! For today, I wanted to pick an easy SCS one that I knew everyone could do. I didn't want to risk someone feeling they didn't have a stamp or color to use.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #1348
Watercolor Wizard

Wowee... the flood gates have opened! Thank you all for your "inputies" "inputses" haha! I am typing on my NEW/Exchanged wireless keyboard-I finally got over to Staples today and dumped the ergonomic headache off to them, used a $10 coupon and Mama is happy again! Oddly enough, I have to reconfigure my brain on typing with this keyboard again (Logitech wave) very nice and "normal"...no letter "B" or "N" in the outfield! I think that other board must have been made for a man--bigger hands-wider gate...either way, it's long gone.

One thing I noticed when replacing the lil' wireless doodad into the computer slot is...maybe it was that lil' thing (lil' chip thing you plug into your tower) forgot what they are called...the old one was "dead"...does that mean I replaced my entire keyboard because of that lil' wireless chip thing went bad? Oh...lets just keep this amongst ourselves--the old-keyboard is long gone--garbage day today! Live and learn!

I will definitely join this challenge--let me click on it and read the deets--thanks Heather/Vickie/Tracie and whomever else cares to join us!

Vickie--Flonase did absolutely nothing for me except give a burning sensation to the inside of my nostrils! So I am glad your hubby played doctor and let you borrow the good stuff! Is your ear back to good?

Its odd how certain drugs work beautifully and others are duds! I have to have "Tagament" for tummy issues...whereas Zantac does nothing for me! QueenieJo and I have discussed this already...so I guess we are all different when it comes to these crazy meds. I remember my mom used to use Privine-nose drops religiously for a stuffed up nose and a doctor once said--if you use it too much it won't work after awhile because it enlarges the something-something in the nostril and still you end up with a "stuffed nose feeling"...years ago--I forget the facts...but I remember it working--instant clear nose! He suggested she use salt spray or ocean spray--something to wet the interior of her nose! (TMI)? hahaha sorry...here I go sharing on my new keyboard again! haha

Vickie--I didn't know you were an SU demo person--wow, learning so much in here today--are there also other sites similar to SCS out there? I just happened past this one night while researching a card style...the next I know I signed up for a card swap with Jessica (have to look at my outlook contacts to remember her name) She was so sweet-held my hand on how to participate--followed a lot of her swaps, met Patti...the rest is history!

Today while I had my whopping hour+ car use (Patrick just took it out for the night and Tom's at work)...I stopped into an ol' scrap store I used to go to; Wholly Scraps, NH. They had moved to a new location-I just drove up Route 1 north and happened past it-went in and met the nicest lady "Shari" who is meeting me at AE tomorrow for their sale! haha..She's not the owner of Wholly Scraps-brand new employee! I gave her my biz card and told her about my classes--and for her to spread the word to the owner about my classes too. They were extremely low on papers and supplies-I guess they were just at some craft fair--but at least I bought the green toned Bazzill I have been looking for!

So, that's it from me!
Angela--I bet your house smells delish! No cookin' on Friday here--ate pizza an hour ago...done for the night!

Old 11-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #1349

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeOnline View Post
Okay, I've picked the SplitCoast Sketch Challenge for this week:

Sketch Challenge 411 {11/14/12}

Susanne, you going to play with us???
Love the sketch! Will do. Glad Tracie is going to do it also! Hmmm...maybe I will try to work the sketch challenge in with either our "across the hall" weekly Christmas card challenge or the monthly image challenge (both of which I'm very behind on.)
Old 11-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #1350
Watercolor Wizard

Vickie>..quick to go www.scrapmart.com 23 pages of Spellbinders @ 50% off with flat $5.00 shipping!!!

This announcement goes to the entire room...but Vickie you just mentioned buying Spellbinders! GREAT SALE!

Old 11-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #1351

Pat, I received the cardkit in today's mail and just opened it. Wow! Thank you! I will post a proper thanks tomorrow along with a picture.

DH and I went to see the Lincoln movie. Excellent movie. I'm going to see if my youngest DD and DGD want to go with me to see Twlight this weekend.

Susanne, my ear is a lot better, still a little plugged at times, but so much better than it was.

I need to shut computer down and head to the living room to sit with DH for a while.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #1352

thanks for the link Susanne; DH will have to wait a few minutes while I check this out!
Old 11-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #1353

AAACCCKKK! I went to scrapmart; put several dies in my cart from my list (a few of the ones I wanted are not in stock but a few of them are); went to checkout and got a server error, try again later. Thanks for the tip Susanne; hopefully, the cart will hold what I want so I can try again later.

Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #1354
Hardware Hotshot

Guess what Claire has discovered? If she sits backwards in her vibrating chair, she can STAND up in it, jump and get the entire thing to bounce.. Uh huh. Great. What a monkey!!

She also threw her first tantrum tonight. I gave her a cricut animal shape to play with and she basically ate it. So I took it away. Freak out. Threw her self to the floor, cried, rolled over and pouted. Did it twice (I had to give her the shape back to show DH what she did - bad mommy, I know). It was absolutely adorable and frightening all at the same time. Needless to say, we ended up going to get the animals laminated so that she can still play with them without destroying them within 10 seconds.

She LOVES my craft room. Saw me in there tonight and went racing for the door. Heads directly to the few ribbon spools I have on the floor and reels it off the roll. Then proceeds to check out my card kits. Joanna, I think that might be one you gave me. See that look of glee and happiness in her face? That's my girl!
Attached Thumbnails
img_2306.jpg   img_2307.jpg  
Old 11-17-2012, 04:17 AM   #1355
Gabfest Goddess

Heather, what adorable pictures!! Of course Claire would be a crafter already!

So, I just popped in to say Hi and get caught up. Looks like I need a little time to get caught up, so I will post this, start reading back, and comment as I go?

Happy Saturday!
Old 11-17-2012, 04:22 AM   #1356
Gabfest Goddess

No wonder I am so far behind, the last time I popped in here was on Vickie's birthday on Monday! I am just getting over a nasty bout of bronchitis, the cold weather makes my lungs twitchy. Then I worked 4 nights in a row....excuses, excuses!

Kathy, so happy to hear that you've made it home, and that the house is intact! We certainly missed you while you were at the inlaws!
Old 11-17-2012, 04:26 AM   #1357
Gabfest Goddess

Oooh, Imke, so sorry to hear about your bike! Especially when you depend on it to get to and from work! Even though it costs so much, sometimes having new is fun!

Sorry to hear about Lynne's stomach flu! ICK--no fun at all! Hopefully you are feeling back to normal!
Old 11-17-2012, 05:08 AM   #1358
Gabfest Goddess

Hooray--made it to the current page! Maybe I'm not all toooooo far behind?

Looks like more photos to look forward to...Ivy's tree, Pat's granddaughter on dance night...how about a pic of Kathy's Diwali card? I just recently heard about Diwali, very interesting...would love to see how you've interpreted that for a card!

Kathy, ooooh, a weekend away! I always enjoy a getaway, with four little ones (as adorable as they are), it must reaaaaallllly be nice!! Hope you are having a great time!

And Pat, our resident traveler, another awesome scrappin weekend! I'm envious, but so happy for you! Have fun!!

Happy to hear that scrap pages are in progress...still looking forward to Kathy's, Angela's, Imke's (yours is being mailed with Jo's?), Heather's (who are you traveling with Heather?). Who else?

Congrats to Ivy on Honor Roll (but I'm not really surprised, she seems to take after her mom who is smart, and a wonderful lady!) And, to Paisley, too for her hunting conquest!

All right, ladies, I have heard HYCCT mentioned here several times, along with the word 'prizes', so it looks like I will just have to check it out! Have not crafted in a few weeks, this sounds like it will be just the thing to get my mojo going again.

Susanne, thanks for the heads up on the Spellbinders sale! Unfortunately the budget just took a major hit, as ol' leadfoot here got a speeding ticket on the way into work on Wednesday night. Usually cops will let a nurse go, especially if she is in her scrubs, with her hospital badge hanging from the rearview mirror, but not this guy! I was passing a truck and Mr. Radar, caught me doing 40 in a 25. I could've sworn it was a 35 zone, but....this puppy is gonna cost me $196! ACCCKKK! So, no new crafty stuff for me for awhile

I'm a paid member here on SCS, too. Have been for almost as long as i discovered this site. I'm like Vickie, the bennies of the "Dirty Dozen" and instant uploading are good, but for a free site, they offer so much that it is worth it to me to pay the not-so-big yearly dues.

Ahhhh, love the "kiddisms"! We, too, still use some of those old babytalk terms, and like Jo, have people look at us funny when we use them. "Jeebs" is a word we use for the littler kids in the family (don't even remember where that came from); "shan-tu" for sandwich thanks to my son; "Eck-knows" is from when I was a little girl. Eck-knows is a dragonfly. When I was little, we were at the beach with my Uncle Ed (Eck) and Aunt Toni, and I saw a dragonfly and wanted to know what it was. Someone said "Eck knows", as Uncle Ed knew all about almost everything, and I thought that's what the name of it was. To this day, everyone in my family calls them "Eck-knows".

Heather, I am having such fun reading all the stories of Claire's newest accomplishments. It's like we are all her honorary aunties, and we get to share in her growing up!

Linda, sorry to hear Denise is not feeling well. Please send my regards, and tell her we are looking forward to her coming back soon!

Tracie, how sweet of you to make dinner for your friend!

I'm like some of you, have stopped doing card swaps (except for our little group). I found I didn't always get a good quality card in return. I used to do some of the challenges on Splitcoast but kinda got away from it. I like the idea of Heather picking a challenge...Sketch Challenges were my favorite here, so I think I will play along. Will we just post our card for the challenge and link it here, also?

I have the weekend off (hooray, 3 in a row, don't know what I will do with myself!)!! We had Daniel for a sleep-over to give mom and dad a break. I really have nothing on the calendar for the next two days, so I am hoping to get some cards made. My sister and my one sis-in-law has requested some of my hand-made for a Christmas gift from me. So far, I have about a dozen made for each of them, but it will be nice to add a few more.

And I have been Christmas shopping, and need to do some wrapping, so maybe I will make a dent in that. House cleaning? Nah, it'll wait. I wanna have fun this weekend!

Can I just say that I really love this group? You are all so supportive of life's ups and downs, it's always great to see lots of positive things shared (like baby's milestone's, kids on Honor Roll and going to dances), talented ladies winning prizes for their creations. We can even vent our frustrations here and know that we will be loved and supported. I am very grateful to call you all "friends" <3!!

Have a great weekend, ladies!
Old 11-17-2012, 06:58 AM   #1359
Stazon Splitcoast

Update on Denise. She is bedridden right now. One arm and one leg are not working so she can't walk or get up or down. Please send her some prayers. MS is such a horrid disease but praying they find a cure soon. Biggest problem is the meds are not covered by medicare and are in the thousands of dollars for a month supply.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 11-17-2012, 06:59 AM   #1360
Stazon Splitcoast

She is going for 3 days of infusions of a steroid starting on Monday. Forgot to say that above.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Closed Thread