Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 10:18 AM   #1201
Die Cut Diva

I'm glad to hear that everyone seems to be safe. I have an SCS friend in New York (not in this swap group) who I haven't heard from, but hopefully it won't be long.

Heather-Claire looks so adorable!!

Jessica-I want to thank you again for the great kit! And in my kit, I received rhinestones, beautiful patterned paper, flower embellishments, ribbon, dry embossed papers, pre-made cards, some great stamps, flowers. The theme for the kit happened to be "flowers", and I'm sure I'll be able to put some great cards together. So, thank you again! I sure am enjoying being "showered"!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #1202
Glitter Guru

Hey ladies!
Just checking in. We are at my inlaws now. We went for 72 hours without power, before we decided to leave. We were fine but the house was getting too cold for the kids. And there are major issues getting gas. We saw lines while leaving our town there were over a hundred people waiting with gas cans standing in lines and the car lines were two miles long. Scary! They are anticipating that we might not get power back for 7-10 days, so we came to NY to stay with my inlaws. So we are safe and sound at least.

Patti, sorry you had damage, what a mess.

Susanne, the NYSE was closed Mon and Tues (that is totally unusual, they never close!). Glad you power and cable is back on!

Heather, what a cute duckie, love the costume.

The NJ governor has postponed Halloween till Monday. So if power is back, we will celebrate then.

Hope everyone is well, safe and sound!
Old 11-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #1203
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy, so good to hear from you and know your are safe. We've seen your Governor on TV a lot. Seems to be doing a great job and really care about the people. Hang in there. We are still praying for all of you.

Queenie Jo, I got the most amazing package in the mail from you today. I haven;t had tie to take pictures. We had an insurance guy here for 3 hours but I will take some and put them on later or tomorrow. Thank you so much, love that stamp and everything.

Patriciae, I forgot to tell all of Happy Halloween yesterday. Now it is already Nov. 1, can't believe how fast this year is going.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 11-01-2012, 04:44 PM   #1204
Forum Fanatic

Yeay Kathy is back! Sorry to hear you had to bunk with the in-laws because your house is too cold--so glad you are safe and sound. We lucked out with the weather still in the 'warm of the storm line'...but its chilly tonight--we still have not put our heat on officially. As previously said, I have no right to complain seeing what others are still going through down there! I was amazed to see pictures today of Ny'rs going back to work--like sardines on the sidewalks! Yipes!

Linda--so right about non electronics making for fun--but, it's only fun if everyone is on the same page and just deals with it--the minute Patrick heard he didn't have school--he popped off the couch and wanted to drive 15 miles through the backroads of NH to his buddy's house who had power! Obviously, we did not let him--too dangerous! So he was pouty. K was in a mood and so Tom and I were the only ones having the fun that night! Plus, we're still of the age who appreciate talk radio (via battery) which made the kids plug out to their Ipod music!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 11-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #1205
Die Cut Diva

Heather, Claire is a doll!!! Love the costume!!!
Kathy so glad to hear from you. You are right to move the kiddos...sick kids are NOT fun!! Hope you can go back home soon.
Susanne I knew a little storm wouldn't keep you down!! Enjoy all the family at home!!
Old 11-01-2012, 11:12 PM   #1206
Glitter Guru

Kathy- Im so glad to hear from you ! I'm sorry that you had to leave the house but if it's just too cold it is - is better that way. I hope it will all be repaired quickly and you can soon return home.

When I see the TV reports, I am very impressed with the helpfulness and optimism. Especially in New York and on the coast, where so much has been destroyed.

Linda- Have fun with your package. Sounds great !

Susanne- It's amazing how dependent we are and how obvious everything for us. In Germany we have very, very rare power outages and when, only for a few seconds or minutes.
Back in the "Stone Age" can sometimes be quite nice but only for a small period I am happy that everything is working again
Old 11-02-2012, 04:12 AM   #1207
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Patti - I am sending you a package today. Hope it gets there okay.

Heather - Love the picture of Claire - very cute. She is really growing.

Denise - Love your pictures. What a beautiful group.

Vickie - Glad to hear you are better but hate that it is still with you.

Kathy, Patti, Susanne - Glad to hear that you are all okay. The devistation on the news just looks terrible.

I am off to teach my Christmas tray class at the LSS today. Seems like there is always something to do.

Have a great day everyone.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 11-02-2012, 04:23 AM   #1208
Forum Fanatic

Hi Everyone!
Is it just me or do you all think its strange to see Good Morning America all cheery and bright with people suffering right down the street from them? It reminds me of when Katrina hit, the news guy was standing there all freshly shaven, crisp clothes, on camera with people stranded on roof tops?! Oxymoron? Why is there no campaign with National Guard/Red Cross hellicopters delivering food, water, generators going on there? Did I miss a segment of the news?

Old 11-02-2012, 09:17 AM   #1209
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everybody! (I almost said "Good morning", but I see it's afternoon!)

I missed some posts here....

Patti, how are you doing? Is the water in your basement going down? Unfortunately it sounds like you have work to do both inside and outside too.

Kathleen, I am wondering how you are holding up at the in-laws? Do you have any idea of when you may return home?

Denise, lovely photos! I almost didn't recognize John...what happened to his curls?! That was a gorgeous shade of purple they were wearing.

I had a class this morning to learn to use the new cardiac monitors. I am an orthopedic nurse! LOL I just listened and will try to retain as much as I can, but my use of them is limited. If I did it every day, that would be another story. I had P.T. afterwards.

So after class and P.T. (pain and torture is what I like to call it), I went and browsed H.L. It was fun and relaxing to go at my own pace and look at things! Mostly Christmas ornaments...I am going to do a fun tree for Ivy's room as a surprise. I need to get her opinion on tree colors...they had silver and black, which were cool and would look great in her room or I can go with traditional green.

Okay, I had better get busy, the morning is gone and I havn't gotten any work done here at home. Hope everybody has a great day! Those affected by Sandy, please continue to give updates...you have all been on my mind.

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 11-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #1210
Die Cut Diva

If anyone has Linda's address, could you please PM it to me? I have started to put her kit together and would like to mail it relatively soon. Thanks!
Old 11-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #1211
Forum Fanatic

Imke...thank you for my lovely Halloween card! I have it on my window sill above the sink in the kitchen...very cute!

Angie--I am PM'g you Linda's addy...right now!

Have a good Friday night everyone! Hope to get to the Boston Christmas Festival either tomorrow or Sunday--should be fun!

Old 11-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #1212
Stazon Splitcoast

I didn't get a picture posted of my kit. It is pretty awesome, did take a photo but had tons of company today. We kept great granddaughter Riley. She was sick and couldn't go to school. She is in third grade. At 4:00 this afternoon my son Steve stopped in and was talking to us. He said he brought me some shelving for my storage building. My grandson Ty stopped by to help him unload all of the metal shelves and walnut boards. While they were doing that my Granddaughter Danielle stopped to pick her daughter Riley. Then Danielle & Riley left and a little later Ty left. They Sherrill came by. Danielle and Ty are her kids. She and Steve traded some movies and Sherrill left. I looked over at Glenn, it was almost 7 by then and said I am not cooking this late so Steve and I went and got Mexican food to go, and came back with food. It was really good too. Steve stayed and we visited until 10:15. He headed home and I got on my computer to 100 emails. Being a member of CMC and the Outlaws generates a lot of email. lol!

I'll get my photo on here tomorrow. I'm hoping I have time tomorrow to play with my new stuff and Susanne's images.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 11-03-2012, 04:47 AM   #1213
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Linda, you sure had a busy day...lots of company...good times!

My parents are taking Ivy and I on her annual shopping trip this weekend. The boys are staying home...they do not like to shop. I'm trying to get things done here at home...tidying up, packing, and such.

Susanne, I am guessing the festival is trees? That sounds really neat!

I was interested in some Memory box dies and was looking at Ellen Hutson because she has an awesome selection...however, you don't get free shipping until your order is $150 so maybe not! This thrifty girl tries to never order without free shipping!

Okay, off to do a bit of laundry before we take off....

Have a great weekend everybody!

I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 11-03-2012, 05:40 AM   #1214
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Good morning

Angela, have a fun shopping day!

Linda, how very fortunate you are to have family that stops by to visit.

Glad to hear from Kathleen; hope you aren't out of your home for very long.

Any Twilight fans here?! I'm counting down to the November 16 release!

I would like to see Flight with Denzel Washington; have any of you seen this movie yet?

Hope everyone has a super-terrific Saturday!
Old 11-03-2012, 06:37 AM   #1215
Forum Fanatic

Hello Ladies! I have decided to go to the Boston Christmas Fest--tomorrow morning--Angela---it's a "huge" craft fair-I am sure there will be plenty of trees-but if you Google Boston Christmas Festival--their page comes up with just a few featured vendors. I love to see new craft ideas--what is really hot or creative! We'll see--if anything it will zip me in the mood for the holidays right?! Plus, Boston on Sunday is like having the city to yourself--maybe Tom and I can meet up for lunch somewhere after I look around. He said he would go with me--but I just think he's being nice and would be so bored...so he'll do his thing..and I'll do mine!

Vickie--I think QueenieJO is intested in Twilight!

Have you all had a peek at the Spellbinders NEWEST dies? Gorgeous and reasonably priced! I want to get that frilly window die--too cute!

Have a great Saturday everyone! Turn your clocks back tonight!

Old 11-03-2012, 07:16 AM   #1216
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Angela - What dies are you looking for? Our LSS store has alot of them and I have 30% off coupons. I would be happy to send them to you.

I am going to see the Pioneer Woman today. She is having a book signing and my sister asked me to go with her. I'm sure I will come home with yet another cookbook.

Susanne - I would love to go with you. That "Craft Fair" sounds like lots of fun. I get some of my best ideas there.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 11-03-2012, 08:09 AM   #1217
Hardware Hotshot

Hi girls!

We're having a bit of a lie-in today. It's 10 and everyone is still in 'jammies (well, everyone EXCEPT Ken, he's working again).

I am busy packing things up. I've got most of the bedrooms whittled down to "house showing" size but today I've got to tackle the kitchen. Nothing can be on the island and three things can be on the counter tops! Really?!! We move in 23 days and my current house goes on the market in 9 days. Yay! I love it when a plan comes together.

Linda: I'm glad you liked your kit. You were so easy to shop for because I knew that if I liked it, chances were that YOU would too.

Vickie: I AM excited for Twilight (my friend Heather already has her tickets!) I'm not quite THAT excited but still can't wait. I haven't decided about Flight. I love Denzel Washington movies but that movie has the potential to be depressing. Since Ken is working, the boys and I are going to go to see Wreck It Ralph. I'll let you know how it is.

Off to pack.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #1218
Die Cut Diva

Hey Vickie I'm looking forward to seeing Flight also, almost anything Denzel is in is a good movie...I remember him in St Elsewhere as Dr Chandler. WOW that was a long time ago!!! Wish we could see the movie together Vickie, we are both Hoosiers but at the top and bottom of the state!!
It's a beautiful morning here, lots of sunshine but a little breezy and crisp!! Just the way I like it!!!
My sister is coming over this afternoon so we can decide on Christmas cards and check out the supplies we'll need. We are going to a scrapping retreat in two weeks and want to make our christmas cards there.
Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!!
Joanna I hope its not depressing...I can usually wait until the Twilight movies are on DVD. My daughter loves to go right away and may already have her ticket. heehee

Last edited by patriciae; 11-03-2012 at 08:21 AM..
Old 11-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #1219
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow! DH and I have had a couple of bad nights sleeping. Both of us were awake at 2:00 am and me still at 3:00 AM. We both slept in until 11:00. It felt good to finally catch up on sleep but it ruins the day. It is already half over.

Joanna, you are right about liking the same things. I got my photos ready to put on here but found I left one set of black dots or brads out of the photo, so you have to imagine it is in the photo. Jo, so glad it is all working out for you. You have a lot on your plate right now.
Thank you again for a fantastic kit.

I want to see the Denzil Washington movie too. Glenn can't sit through a movie at a theater due to his colostomy bag so we wait until it is out on DVD. Sometimes if I can't wait I go with Steve.

Susanne, that sounds like a lot of fun. I love craft shows. I would go with you if I lived near you because they don;t have a lot of them here. They are filming a movie here again. It is called Osage County. George Clooney is producing and Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts are in it. The filming is in little towns around us Bartlesville and Pawhuska. Outside of Pawhuska is where Pioneer Woman Rhee Drummand lives. Pawhuska is only 20 mi from us. Anyway both are small towns, Bartlesville which is 4 miles from us is 35,000 and Pawhuska about 25,000 so they are seen around town a lot and in the restaurants. They have a lot of antique shops here in Dewey and most of their props for the movie were bought in them. Of course they have had lots of casting calls so many residents are extras. Two years ago Jennifer A and Ben Aflak were in a movie filmed here and they did the same. They shopped at Walmart and went to the local places. The indian tribe I belong to is Osage Indians and Pawhuska is in Osage County which is their tribes home. Anyway its been fun for everyone.

Angela hope you have fun on your shopping trip. Let us know what you do and what Ivy gets.

Vickie, hope you are still improving. I;m okay with the Twilight movies and usually watch them with my Granddaughters in Houston. They are huge fans. My Granddaughters here all band together and go as a group the second day it is out.

Imke, what are you doing today?

Pat, the retreat sounds like a lot of fun. That would be awesome to go away and get your cards finished. -
Attached Thumbnails
100_0359_edited-1.jpg   100_0360_edited-1.jpg  

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 11-03-2012, 09:16 PM   #1220
Gabfest Goddess

Hi ladies...just checking in here from work. Internet service has been spotty since the storm. We will have to make a claim from our insurance company, lost shingles on the roof, siding, water damage in basement. The water in the basement is gone, but what a mess it left! Seems like the west side of the city got hit much worse than the east and south (where Hudson and Susanne's brother is). Some of the west suburbs are still without power. We do have power, and gasoline (unlike NYC), and we are well, so I can't complain!

OMGosh, I have missed so much chatting here!! I was glad to hear from Kathy, and saw the picture of Liam she posted on Facebook! Still must be hard living with the inlaws and just being away from home. At least they are safe! Kathy, hope you are holding up, and home very soon!

Heather, Claire is just too cute, and the ducky costume just adds to the adorable-ness (is that a word?). Our Halloween/trick or treating was postponed til Sunday night d/t the storm. I don't know if I will make it over to DD's to see Daniel trick or treat since i am working tonight and again Sunday night.

Linda, you sure are a busy, busy lady! All those kids, and grands, and greats visiting! What fun, but can be a bit tiring. And the movie filming sounds very interesting! If we ever get to meet in person, I would love to have a sit down with you and learn about your Indian heritage! So sorry to hear both you and DH have had some bad nights. Hopefully you can sleep well tonight.

Angela, a girls shopping trip sounds like so much fun! DD and I try to get together, but our schedules are so different. What a great time to bond even more with your beautiful Ivy!

Jo, sounds like you are making progress on packing! Moving is so NOT fun, but so worth it when it's all done. It can't be easy to have the house all "showing ready" when you have two little boys around! Here's hoping that the house showings go well, and that the house sells quickly.

Vickie, glad to hear the ear is getting better, hope you don't need any kind of "puncturing". I am a Twilight fan, and DD, DH, and I went to the last movie in the theatre together. (yep, DH is a Twilight fan, and he actually saw the first 3 movies before I did...he's the one who got me hooked on them.) I took the 16th off so we could go!

Susanne, you will have to give us all the details about the Boston Christmas Fest....sounds like a great time...too bad i'm working (and so far away)-I would happily take Tom's place for him!

Tracie, I'll be looking out for your package! I am so excited that it is now November, and my month to get happy mail!! It's been fun getting things together for a different person each month, and watching everyone post pics of their "kits" that they receive.

Are we going to continue this way for the next round, or go back to our former "secret sister" format? Or is it too early to think about Round 10?? Just wondering...

We had daughter-in-law Brittani's baby shower today (well, Saturday, since now it's officially Sunday). My daughter had it at her home, and we got Brit on the web cam in Phoenix. Most all the guests sent gifts to her home, and we watched her open them, which was really fun. We did their wedding shower that way 2 years ago; thank God for technology that allows us to do a virtual shower. There wouldn't be any other way for us to do it 1800 miles apart. She got some really nice things, and those of us at DD's house had some yummy food, played some games and had a good time just getting together.

Guess I'd better get working. Due to the time change, I will be working an extra hour tonight since we "fall back". Oh well, I can use the extra hours pay to buy Christmas gifts.

Hope everyone stays happy and healthy!
Old 11-04-2012, 12:58 AM   #1221
Glitter Guru

I'm somewhat in a hurry .... my brother turns 40 today and he invited for lunch and afternoon coffee. My mother, Tanja's sister and I bring the cake. Yesterday I baked a full plate of apple pie with yeast dough. My DH and I have ever tasted a piece yesterday. It is very delicious and can be served to the guests

Patti- The virtual baby shower sounds like a lot of fun ! What the technology makes everything possible. When my brother was still alive in the U.S., we have used a lot of Skype. I thought that was great, so we could keep great contact and I could see my nephew grow up. Big or small loss - it is very annoying and makes a lot of trouble. The mud in the basement would make me mad. I hope you get everything under control soon.

Linda- Wow, so many celebrities in town ? Must be great to meet George Clooney at Walmart Have fun with your card kit shower. It looks fabulous !

Pat- Your plan is ready for Christmas cards ? I've almost all done Hurray !! Thanks to Donelda and her Christmas card swap. Then D2D has released some winter / Christmas digis. I am in the DT and so I must of course also make cards. It helped me a lot. Now maybe I am missing only 5-10.

Jo- You now have a lot of chaos but if you're in the new house it will be wonderful ! I hope you find one buyer for the house fast.

Susanne- Have a great time at the craft fair. I like fairs. You can find many inspirations - most often quite expensive - but you get an idea.

Vickie- Im definitely not a Twilight fan. LOL

Angela- How was your shopping trip ?

Tracie- I hope you enjoy your new cookbook ?

It rained yesterday and we just took care of the lighting of our house. We bought 4 new outdoor lights for our house. How fast you can spend money, unbelievable !!

Ok Ladies, im off. Have a great Sunday !!
Old 11-04-2012, 03:10 AM   #1222
Forum Fanatic

Well guess who got up super early today--MOI! Time change and all, I popped out of bed at 4:43am...well wait, let me back up here...Muddy was stretched-out-side-ways at my hip area, therefore my back side was by Tom's neck--(good thing he was sleeping) my pillows were in a "U" formation and my head was inches from falling off a king--size bed! There we go, yeah, plus add a hot flash and trying to untangle myself from pillows and covers--I couldn't wait to get our of bed this morning! Of course I will need a nap later on--but, I am up, I have already watched the news and almost done with my coffee here!

Linda--how exciting that they are filming by you--my all time favorite actress is Meryl Streep! I think I am the only female that doesn't get George Clooney-cute and all but he seems so boring to me-- not my "type"! Julia's laugh drives me nuts too! haha..well there ya go...me and my opinion (could I be cranky for sleeping like a pretzel?)

I am excited to go today-I plan to grab one of the kid's backpacks-wear it on my back, so I don't have to "carry" anything--leave my big bulky purse at home-travel light! 300 vendors--lotsa walking and talking. I printed a bunch of business cards for raffles and connections--wondering if this type of event is worth looking into to BE IN myself? I want to see what type of competition I would have--if there are 15 stationary vendors-maybe not--we'll see--plan to bring my camera too-not sure if they let you take pictures...some don't! Should be fun-blue skies and the sun is rising! Oh Imke..yes craft fairs can have very pricey goods--but my thought is I am supporting someone who made it by hand in their basement like me! So, if it's unique and worth it--there's more heart and soul that went into it! I once bought a very colorful boiled wool hat that was made by monks in Tibet that is like wearing a heater on your head--so incredibly warm--one of my friends bought the sister hat with opposite colors--we wore it all day when we were shopping an event once (imagine 2 tall blondes walking around with colorful cones on our heads!) It was funny because we also had some kid paint our faces...yeah...crazy moms do crazy things!!! I have kept it all these years--comes in handy when shoveling snow in a blizzard...when all the cheap hats get wet!

Patti-so good to hear from you-we miss you! I can totally relate to your basement situation--that was us a couple of years ago--the only real casualty was my mom's wedding album--my heart sank! (I forgot to mention this before-because I must have blocked it out of memory!!!) It was this old fashioned carved wooden cover with those black card stock pages--completely ruined! I grabbed as many pictures that weren't stuck together--I was kickin' myself for leaving it in a precarious place--maddening...priceless and totally ruined! I keep all photos up in our closet now--in plastic boxes! I hope you get your house fixed soon--between your work schedules and life keeping you both so busy...I am wishing you a 'magic wand'!

The skype shower sounds so cool--I keep telling my sister's we should skype--my kids have camera's built into their laptops..I'm the one with the dinosaur desktop--I need to look into this! How exciting...grand baby #2 almost here! THere is a "Grandparents" magazine on line--I must have signed up for something because they keep sending me emails! haha...not quite there yet at our house!

Off to the showers...here I go!

Old 11-04-2012, 04:18 AM   #1223
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning! We are still at the hotel...couldn't sleep well...maybe the time change has something to do with that! Will sign off, am not good typing on the Kindle....

Old 11-04-2012, 05:13 AM   #1224

Good morning! So glad you all mentioned the time change! We didn't change our clocks last night and coulda slept in another hour! LOL All changed now; thankfully, my computer changes automatically!

Linda, have fun with your kit!

DH mentioned to me that the movie about Lincoln will be out on November 16 also; so we'll see it first then I hope youngest DD and DGD and I will go see Twilight on the 17th!

Susanne, have fun at the Christmas Fest and load that backpack! Would love to go with you too!

I "need" all of the spellbinders D-lites dies! I'm a fan of all things to do with diecutting! And, all things embossing folders! I recently found binders at Hobby Lobby to hold the A2 sized folders and am buying them as they put them on the shelf. The HL I shop will only put 2 of something out at a time! I have those two items; waiting for the next two to be put on shelf. LOL

Tracie, how did the class go that you instructed? I'm sure everyone loved the project. You are so fortunate to have a LSS close-by to not only buy from but that recognizes your talent as a desgner.

Hope everyone has a fabulous Sunday.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #1225
Die Cut Diva

Sounds like everyone is busy, wow the weekends fly by even when we gain an extra hour. I'm going to my LSS this afternoon, we are meeting to work on our calendar pages. I'm almost finished, just need to put the last 6 together(everything is cut out--HOORAY). I try to cut things out at home so I can just assemble while I'm there. Still have three little witches to color but should't take long.
I am having a bad time getting a good photo of it but will post it anyway...you can get the idea. The black page with get an October calendar attached. I didn't put the year in so I can use it again next year. I made 12 of these and will exchange with 11 others to have the entire year.
Attached Thumbnails
october-calendar-006.jpg   october-calendar-002.jpg  
Old 11-04-2012, 08:28 AM   #1226
Die Cut Diva

Vickie I'm working on your kit!!! Hope you have as much fun as I did during MY month!!
Old 11-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #1227
Forum Fanatic

<--working on Vickie & Imke's goodies (want to get them out near the same time so Imke's doesn't get lost in the "Christmas traffic"

Linda--I keep getting some odd emails from you-I have not opened them--but they say they are from "Linda Palmer" and then there is some jibberish stuff written next to your name--not like a normal email addy--Just wanted you to know. I don't think I have your email address in my contacts so it is not my computer doing this??? Or is it? Either way if you have not sent me an email 2ce in the past week--there's something fishy goin' on!

Back from the Boston Christmas Festival already! It didn't feel "Christmassy"--nice, busy, good crowd, lots of jewlery, some very unique gifts--some way overpriced OMG gifts--but everyone is on line-so I took the business cards and figure--if I cannot live w/o something--I'll buy it on line! There was absolutely no paper/scrap/unique cards or anything that made me jump and say WOW! What I found was odd was these deflated liquor bottles! Yes, you name your poison and they put an empty bottle in a kiln and it crushes down to a flat cheese tray with matching spread knife? Cute--but after seeing them a few times--even that was not a novelty! I guess if you have a fancy bar or entertain a lot...or even drink this 'hard stuff'...it is "cool"..but someone came up with that idea. A very unique silver vendor took old silver untensils and made thing from them--key chains>..unusual structures--but then again we were getting into the pricey range with this concept--Dips were the big food item---they had a food alley--hot sauces, BBQ, one place must have had 50 different Dips for taste testing--they used pretzel sticks so everyone could taste (oddly that grossed me out--swarms of people quite possibly "re-dipping"..Not happening! hahaha Glad I went--but no new ideas--it is a juried event so you cannot see really cheap stuff!

Funny: (2) Dog food bakeries --full blown dog cookie/biscuit/every shape size and color! At first glance I thought Wow!...Then as I got a lil' closer I realized...Muddy is not going to know I bought his next cookie-bone for $1 or $7...walked past!

Have a good day--meatloaf, whipped potatoes and gravy tonight_better get crackin!

Old 11-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #1228
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
<--working on Vickie & Imke's goodies (want to get them out near the same time so Imke's doesn't get lost in the "Christmas traffic"

Linda--I keep getting some odd emails from you-I have not opened them--but they say they are from "Linda Palmer" and then there is some jibberish stuff written next to your name--not like a normal email addy--Just wanted you to know. I don't think I have your email address in my contacts so it is not my computer doing this??? Or is it? Either way if you have not sent me an email 2ce in the past week--there's something fishy goin' on!

Back from the Boston Christmas Festival already! It didn't feel "Christmassy"--nice, busy, good crowd, lots of jewlery, some very unique gifts--some way overpriced OMG gifts--but everyone is on line-so I took the business cards and figure--if I cannot live w/o something--I'll buy it on line! There was absolutely no paper/scrap/unique cards or anything that made me jump and say WOW! What I found was odd was these deflated liquor bottles! Yes, you name your poison and they put an empty bottle in a kiln and it crushes down to a flat cheese tray with matching spread knife? Cute--but after seeing them a few times--even that was not a novelty! I guess if you have a fancy bar or entertain a lot...or even drink this 'hard stuff'...it is "cool"..but someone came up with that idea. A very unique silver vendor took old silver untensils and made thing from them--key chains>..unusual structures--but then again we were getting into the pricey range with this concept--Dips were the big food item---they had a food alley--hot sauces, BBQ, one place must have had 50 different Dips for taste testing--they used pretzel sticks so everyone could taste (oddly that grossed me out--swarms of people quite possibly "re-dipping"..Not happening! hahaha Glad I went--but no new ideas--it is a juried event so you cannot see really cheap stuff!

Funny: (2) Dog food bakeries --full blown dog cookie/biscuit/every shape size and color! At first glance I thought Wow!...Then as I got a lil' closer I realized...Muddy is not going to know I bought his next cookie-bone for $1 or $7...walked past!

Have a good day--meatloaf, whipped potatoes and gravy tonight_better get crackin!
NO i haven't sent you any emails so do not open them. I will have to go into my email and change my password again I guess. I don't know what to do about someone doing this. It happened once before and I had to go into my email and change my password and then I have to change it on my ipad and my phone. I hope they enjoy themselves breaking into our computers because it sure is a big hassel. I am glad you told me because if you opened it they would then be doing it to you. Sorry it happened to you.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 11-04-2012, 03:42 PM   #1229
Forum Fanatic

No biggie Linda--just thought it was odd since we usually only chit-chat on here! So I looked at the email after your name and it was like a foreign language! I have learned not to open the odd ball emails--and so far so good with my computer--nothing else going on here--

Old 11-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #1230
Forum Fanatic

Oh, as I was setting the table tonight-I remembered another vendor...with an "original" idea and I wondered how they made these: Imagine pretty china pieces with pictures or some type of engraving on them. Now they break the china some way as not to ruin the image, then buff it down into a lovely necklace anchored in a gold/silver backing--verrrry pretty--like tinny-tiny clovers from Irish china, the Spode Christmas china--just a lil' tree to make a pin--I took their business card.... DinnerWearJewelry.com Wear a Piece of the Past "wear a piece of the past"

Old 11-05-2012, 03:54 AM   #1231
Glitter Guru

Susanne- Great, that you enjoyed my Halloween card. Its one of the two ive made. The other with Denises cute halloween Lulu is still on my table...maybe for next year....LOL
You're right, I also prefer to pay for something that is handmade. We know how much work goes into it and its something special.

Pat- Your calender page looks so beautiful. I always plan to make a calendar but never manage.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:31 AM   #1232
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Monday morning!

I've caught up on all the posts here; sounds like everybody had a good/busy weekend!

Pat, I agree with Imke...your calender page is so cute! I love the calender pages Linda makes too!

Susanne, the craft show sounds fun...would have loved to go. Our Festival of Trees is to raise money for Opportunity Village (a handicapped facility); people donate decorated trees and it goes from Friday night through Sunday afternoon. It is a pretty neat event and they have a lot of fun activities for all ages. It is part of the Winter By the Lake celebration. I have done about 10 trees, but not one this year because I just couldn't work it in...Ivy was disappointed because we did one last year and it had her name on it...she thought that was very cool. I did do my tree for the cancer fundraiser in September though...I guess that one is more near and dear to my heart and if I had to make a choice that would be it.

Linda, I was reading your post about the movie to my family; my mother is a huge Meryl Streep fan.

Patti, the virtual shower is a really neat thing to do...it is amazing what technology allows us to do! I'll bet you are excited for the baby's arrival! I can't believe your other "baby" Daniel is in Kindergarten...my how time flies!

We had fun on our trip! Since Ivy has been babysitting, it is fun to see how she spends her money. She will ask if she can have something and I ask her if she wants to spend her own money. She made big purchases at Victoria's Secret (body spray, make-up) and Aeropostle. I did buy her the pair of Ugg boots she wanted...they will be saved for Christmas. I think they are ugly, but she will be wearing them! LOL I am taking a stance and saying "No more boots" she has enough pairs, but that is what she wears almost every day. My mother likes me to help her pick clothes out, so I spent a lot of time doing that.

My personal shopping was very interesting.... I had 1/2 hour to spend in Archivers and a LSS. That is not how I do it; I spend a lot of time enjoying just looking and talking with staff and other crafters. I look through the whole store before I put things in my basket. This time, I couldn't do that so I had to work fast...a bit hard to make a smart choice sometimes. Plus, my Mom and Ivy were trailing along behind me and slowing me down...I confess they were driving me a bit nuts, but it was nice for them to show some interest in my stuff too! I did manage to pick up some items for my November packages...

Okay, off to work on the laundry mountain....

Hope everybody has a super Monday!

Old 11-05-2012, 05:57 AM   #1233
Hardware Hotshot

Oh Angela ... I feel for you. I shopped Archivers once with Ken and the boys trailing behind me. It was THE most irritating trip I've ever made and ended up only buying one thing. In an effort to save my marriage, I will NEVER shop with him again.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:12 AM   #1234

Good morning

Pat, your scrap pages are beautiful! What a good idea to swap with others to end up with a whole year's worth of pages.

Susanne, love the jewelry site. What an awesome idea. I've seen jewelry made from old silverware that's pretty cool also.

Angela, I know what you mean about only having a half hour to shop at Archivers or LSS; no way! I'm like you, I love to go up and down every aisle and talking to others in the store and if anyone is in the workroom, I'll mosey over to see what they're working on! I plan to make a trip to Archivers sometime this month since I didn't get to go last week when we were in Indy.

Heather, did you complete ALL of the HYCCT challenges?! I think I read that you did! Way to go! I put a good dent in it, but didn't come close to all of them.

I've been working on Imke's cardkit! I hope to send it the middle of this month; I'll post when it's postal. I'm really enjoying the monthly card kit showers! I think it's mainly because I enjoy "being with" all of you each day!

Hope everyone has a marvelous, crafty Monday!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:11 PM   #1235
Forum Fanatic

Hi Roomies!
Here are a few biz cards I picked up because I thought they had something interesting...or I wanted to get away from the "sales pitch" people and said.."Oh let me have a business card-I need to go through the entire event before I make up my mind....then they one lady said...Remember Booth #527!!! I said, That'll be easy...it's my birthday!

Okay here goes;

DON DAVID DESIGNS

Theresita Design by theresitadesign on Etsy (really pretty pottery-asked the artist if she has even done "Zentangles" you'll see what I mean when you have a peek!

Heet Wave Therapeutic Hot and Cold Packs ($8 bean bags that you microwave-great for sore muscles-I buy one each time I go...you can freeze them too!)

www.www.ladylarimar.com "colors of the sea" gemstone--

Wine Bottle Cheese Trays: M&M Designs, Unique Gifts, Bottle Nightlights, Lighted Bottles, Wine Gifts, Melted Liquor Bottles ..kind of a novelty gift store

GARSON* JASPER - Home - really pretty aprons (aprons for American Girl Dolls too)

Gift Registries and Wedding Websites As Unique As You | Just The Thing gift baskets

Giant Fortune Cookies Gourmet -huge decorated fortune cookies (cute gift and tasty) buttery cookie with chocolate and candy on it...go see..their "HUGE"!

elegancebydesign.net unique jewelry

www.peachypendants.etsy.com--scrabble tile jewelry-reasonably priced-cute and they sell in the same store I have my cards locally...

QueenieJO...I can so relate-everyone knows to drop me off at the craft stores and go do their thing---or just let me go it alone---then everyone is happy! Shopping is a foreign experience to Tom--he last reported how Sears has a "man section with recliners" so if we need to go to the mall...that's where we'll find him!

Angela--they have a "Festival of Trees" event-coming up real soon-same thing--some of the trees are outstanding--I should plan to go again this year. I know people that put trees in "every room" of their house! When I worked at Michaels--the pink trees were the first to go...people would buy 2-3 fake trees in different sizes--some serious decorators around here! We buy one "real" tree...and I decorate the rest of the house with odds and ends that I have collected through the years.

Angela--too bad you didn't have more time to do your shopping (alone) haha...I get my best inspiration just dilly-dallying in the aisles--I venture off to different aisle, check my purse for coupy's...choose things and do the 'process of elimination' before I get to the counter--all our stores take each others coupons...so I make sure they are updated in my purse! You'd go nuts at Absolutely Everything-their website does not do them justice! They move stuff and always-always have new stuff when I go-it's sickening!!! Plus, they always have a 40% off table in the back (I check that out first)...

Hate to say this out loud...but more bad weather headed to the east coast this Wednesday...they uttered the word "snow" could be involved! I just hope all the NY/NJ/CT people have a warm place to go--people won't leave their homes because of looting--strange world--they showed a guy on the news --all his TVs, computers and appliances had been ripped off the walls and stolen! No one saw it -no one was around! He was finally let back into his home and walked into this mess!

Anyway...remember to vote tomorrow!

Old 11-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #1236
Hardware Hotshot

Vickie...Yes!! I managed to finish them! I'm so happy. I just kept working away at them and then on the 31st I looked at the list and thought..only 8 more?!? I have to keep going. Claire is going to bed better at night (and a little earlier), so I get me some "me" time. Of course, some nights I SHOULD be going to bed instead of crafting, but whatever!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #1237
Glitter Guru

Susanne - I have a cherry stone pillow. You can do it in the microwave. It is very good for back and shoulder and neck pain. My constant companion. AND the whinebottels looks great !

Vickie- Yeah....next month its my time to get showered ! That's so great to read that the kit is being prepared (also from Susanne). But no hurry- there is enough time!

Election Day ! In our news, there are no other topic. So Many reports and TV broadcasts on the election in the U.S. I am interested in politics and am very curious who will win the race. I hope lots of people go to vote. It is the only way to express his opinion, positive or negative. Anyway, tomorrow we are smarter.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:56 AM   #1238
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Oh Angela ... I feel for you. I shopped Archivers once with Ken and the boys trailing behind me. It was THE most irritating trip I've ever made and ended up only buying one thing. In an effort to save my marriage, I will NEVER shop with him again.
Jo, this made me LOL! And I, too, feel for Angela. Archivers (or any craft shopping) is only good when done alone or with other true crafters!
Old 11-06-2012, 03:58 AM   #1239
Gabfest Goddess

Wanted to let Tracie know that I received her wonderful package in yesterday's mail! OMGosh, it is awesome and filled with the bestest goodies! I promise to post photos later...
Old 11-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #1240

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeOnline View Post
Vickie...Yes!! I managed to finish them! I'm so happy. I just kept working away at them and then on the 31st I looked at the list and thought..only 8 more?!? I have to keep going. Claire is going to bed better at night (and a little earlier), so I get me some "me" time. Of course, some nights I SHOULD be going to bed instead of crafting, but whatever!
I hope you win a big prize!
Closed Thread