Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #1121
Stazon Splitcoast

Susanne, I got your beautiful card today. I love it. Everyone of our group are such fabulous artists. Thank you so much. Intend to pm you later.

Kathy, Suzanne Dean said the difference in copin and shin-han is that on shin-han the dark colors don;t get that sticky stuff and have to be cleaned with alcohol like copics. I bought the browns to get different shades and a small group of 5 pinks to try. I can't really tell any difference other than the price. They are refillable alcohol ink markers. On one of Suzanne D. pages on her CMC blog she is supposed to have a list of colors to use together just like the copics.

Gotta go fix something for us to eat.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #1122
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
Imke, I've heard that people that drink diet drinks do not like the real thing after drinking the diet drinks for awhile.
I have heard this as well and kind of experienced it. We started drinking Coke Zero for awhile and then I couldn't "enjoy" the regular thing for the longest time. It too me awhile to get back to enjoying my coke.

I've also heard that diet drinks tend to make you drink more.

We have chosen to cut aspartame out of our diet, so no diet drinks for me. Not that I drank much of them prior anyway. But now I just try to enjoy the occasional glass of the full sugar stuff rather than regularly drinking it (or diet).
Old 10-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #1123
Watercolor Wizard

Well, as you all know my sister Janice was married back in July. I wanted to get them an original wedding gift so every time they used it, they'd think of MOI! Background info here: While they were visiting us last October-Tom took Dave to his very first football game (which is not soccer in the USA) and it was the Patriots vs the NY Jets--Patriots won! Yeah! He got the tailgating and club seats--all was good for Dave, Tom and my BIL's. So as soon as they got back to England, Janice bought 2 tickets to the Patriot's vs. the NY Jets game in England!!! Yes, they are playing in England this coming weekend. So back to my wedding present; I made them a interactive wedding card with her peacock feather (wedding dress coutour) a crossword puzzle for both of them to play and figure out...I sent Dave an NFL NE Patriot's Fleece extra long jacket and Janice a red NE Patriot's retro sweatshirt..along with the theme "Breakfast in Bed"...a breakfast cookbook, sweet china coffee mugs, a pound of Dunkies Hazelnut, this cute egg beaters kit from TJMaxx...and a few other dodads to tie into the gift. I am soooooooooo hoping it arrives this weekend before they go--I purposely am late in mailing it because the tickets to the game were a surprise b-day gift from Jan to Dave for his b-day this week....Everyone, X your fingers it gets there today or tomorrow...so they have their cool jackets to wear to the game!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com

Last edited by Susanne527; 10-25-2012 at 08:21 PM..
Old 10-25-2012, 09:33 PM   #1124
Die Cut Diva

I must say a HUGE thank you to Joanna, for the beyond awesome card kit she sent. Let me tell you, was I spoiled!! In my fabulous kit I received 2 nature-themed dies-a tree trunk, and a second die containing the leaf portion, some lovely ribbon in great fall colors, some adhesive lace, really pretty Prima flowers, the cutest wood accents, a great tree stamp, some sturdy cardstock in fall colors, some neat stamped images, and a cool nature-themed 6x6 pad! I do hope I am remembering everything, LOL. What a great surprise to find tucked in my front door!! (it snowed here). THANK YOU VERY MUCH! You made this crafter's day!
Old 10-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #1125
Glitter Guru

Linda- You are right. I drink no more Coke- itīs to sweet

Heather- I drink diet drinks for years and I can not say that I drink more of it. Of this sweet stuff you get thirsty anyway. My husband is diabetic, therefore there are only DIET drinks in our house. If we have a party, I will buy of course the "right Coke"

Susanne- THANKS for your lovely Halloween/Thank you card. It's nice to see that you have worked with my card kit ! AND Wow your gift to Janice and Dave is brilliant. I keep my fingers crossed that it gets there in time !!!

Lynne- Have fun with your card kit shower. Sounds fantastic !

Kathy- Shin-han ? Never heard of this. I suppose there are new markers ? Luckily, I'm so satisfied with my Copics, I do not need anything new

Have a great Friday !!
Old 10-26-2012, 04:43 AM   #1126
Watercolor Wizard

Imke--wow, I feel like I mailed that a month ago! I almost forgot what I made--the skinny guy with the pumpkin head right?

Also, my sister has a tendency to tell me what gifts to buy for her--like a grocery list--so I totally dissed her this time and wanted to come up with a nice bunch of romantic gifts on my own--I so hope it arrives today/tomorrow so they can wear the Patriot's gear to the game! <wishful thinking>...I know Dave will like the gifts-he's polite!! haha

My other SIL would announced recently that she "re-gifted" my gifts one day like it was nothing! I always made a point to get her something nice like spending a lil' more on her since she buys for my kids and she lives alone--and she once said, "Oh they went to a good home!" Why would you tell someone this is beyond me! It's one thing to re-gift if you are not crazy about something but you don't tell the giver of the gift right?

Old 10-26-2012, 06:29 AM   #1127
Hardware Hotshot

Well, we got our first snowfall yesterday. I have to say that having a white dog in snow is a bit difficult to see! She was ALL about the snow. She loved it! Annnd, she lost her first doggie tooth. I pulled it out of her mouth when she was chewing it (I thought she was destroying a kid's toy) My baby is growing up!

My darling hubby is lusting for the new mini i-pad. It comes out next Friday. I'm pretty sure that he will have one by sundown on Friday. What a techno-dork.

Couldn't sleep last night so I ended up making my DT cards. Stress!
Old 10-26-2012, 07:02 AM   #1128
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

I've been catching up on the posts here....

Susanne, re-gifting is a touchy subject! Can't believe the SIL would tell you that...goofy! Your gift for your sister sounds like a lot of fun...I like how you go with a theme! Makes me think of how gifting goes in our family...I am a planner and try really hard to get something that I think the recipient will like. DH will go out and buy something (sometimes I think just anything) the day before or the day of the occasion. Over the years I am learning not to be offended by this, it's just his way.

Joanna, how exciting that your offer was accepted! Can't wait to see pictures of the new space. I read somewhere that the smell of baked goods was appealing, so I baked chocolate chip cookies right before people would come to look, and served them. We sold the house privately and our second looker bought it...I really didn't want to pay the realtor's commission...I wanted that money in my pocket!

Had an interesting day yesterday. As I was getting ready to leave for work, DS brings me his conference slip and wants me to fill it out. I saw that the date said to return Monday...as in last Monday. I work both of the dates offered, so signed up for last night. Turns out he picks the earliest time and I barely had time to get home from work...I went straight from work to school. Then I get home and DD tells me she has her conferences "now" so I turn around and get back in the car and go to hers. The conferences for them are "student lead" with their homeroom teacher and then you can go visit the teachers of your choice. Of course Ivy wanted to visit them all, except for PE. She has both a male and female PE teacher and only the guy was available...she said she doesn't like him...I will have to investigate this further because #1 she loves PE, and #2 she like most everybody. It was interesting because I saw a whole different side of her this year...she sat there so poised and I thought "she's so grown up". How did that happen?! I know it is a good thing, but I hate to think that she will be off to college before I know it! I just wish time would slow down for awhile.

I like Diet Coke, but rarely buy it and drink very little of it. I can nurse a can over the course of the day and still won't finish it. I do like it if we are having pizza or something like that. I don't buy it for the kids either.

My markers came yesterday...the box was big, so I got some grief for that! LOL It had a lot of those air pillows in it so it wasn't as bad as it looked. I just peeked inside and didn't open anything yet. Will try to today if I can get my work done...I need to catch up on things here because I work the weekend. 2 days on, 1 off, 2 on, 1 off, 2 on...I think the scheduler is trying to do me in! LOL I think it would help is she was a nurse....

The dryer just buzzed...I had better get busy.... Have a great day everybody!

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 10-26-2012, 07:32 AM   #1129
Stazon Splitcoast

Have a wonderful Friday everyone. When you ladies use your new markers on a card let us know so we can check it out. Please give us a comparison to the Copics.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 10-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #1130
Glitter Guru

Susanne- Yes, it was the pumpkin head guy. Love this stamp !
I just saw the news and hear about "Sandy". I hope you will not be affected- take care my friend !

Angela- Shocking how fast they grow up, hmmm ? Have fun with your new markers.

Jo- Snow already ? With us, it's also become really cold. In southern Germany it is even snow tomorrow. Luckily I live in the north Iī m not ready for winter !
Old 10-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #1131
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Angela - Let me know what you think of the markers.

I am going to a crop at my sisters tomorrow so maybe I will take my markers and play.

I received a wonderful package in the mail from Heather. It had the cutest cow card in it along with alot of other goodies. She sent me a set of Classic Diamond Spellbinders that I can't believe I didn't have. Can't wait to play with those. Also love the paper pad she send. Already been in to the chocolate. I just love chocolate.

Thanks so much Heather.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 10-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #1132
Stampin' Fool

Just checking in, DD Nickie is in the hospital. Exacerbation of her Asthma, pretty bad, they gave her 7 breathing treatments in the ER before finally starting her on solumedrol and magnesium via IV. She is on oxygen which was also up to 7 liters, down to 2 today but she is having a rough time, not only being in the hospital but being away from Jasper!

Angela, sorry to hear about your Dad, I know its late, but still sorry! I do remember my grandfather and his drinking but not like Mom. He will have to want to quit on his own as you know. Prayers with your family!!!! The kids do grow up fast, I am still in disbelief that Lexie is taking 2 college classes this semester in her sophomore year!

Vicki hope your ears are better!

I know that I left alot of you out, but baby is crying!!!!!! Time for a bottle. He still wakes up a couple a times a night. He still doesn't have any teeth through, but a mouthful coming in. He is missing his Momma too!!!!!!

Jen (DD) is getting married tomorrow, so busy day! It is down on the pier, nothing fancy!

Have a great weekend!!!!
Old 10-27-2012, 04:50 AM   #1133
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Forgot to post my picture of my great kit from Heather.

Denise - Hope Nickie gets to feeling better.
Attached Thumbnails
001.jpg  

Meljen's Designs
Old 10-27-2012, 05:31 AM   #1134
Watercolor Wizard

Tracie--excellent kit! Every time I see Spellbinders I drool!!! haha (TMI) haha But have you seen their latest dies--ooh la lah...I know whats going on my Santa list this year! My sister lives minutes away from Spellbinders in AZ--I need to ask her if they ever have local discounts...

Birds chirpin', blue skies here--it appears that the "spaghetti strings" that indicate where the "eye of the storm" of Hurricane Sandy is headed towards land in the NJ shore area--Kathleen's area and up here in Boston will be on the outside of the eye of the storm--still harsh winds and rain/possible flooding...

Shane is home this weekend and his classes start late on Monday-wondering if he'll need to go back until Wednesday...since the plan of this storm is set for M/T here. It's funny, some people take this storm so seriously--generator TV ads bombarding us, all the electric companies are ramping up this weekend so if we lose power--they can get it turned back on right away...I have my (3) flashlights on the counter--need to buy some batteries...I won't do a big grocery shop until we know what is going on (for fear of losing power and having to throw food away)...so..all is well in whoville!

Have a great Saturday!

Old 10-27-2012, 05:33 AM   #1135
Watercolor Wizard

Denise...I hope Nickie is doing better soon--poor Jasper missin' his mama. I am sure you have your hands full-take care of yourself too!

Old 10-27-2012, 05:55 AM   #1136
Gabfest Goddess

Hello, ladies! It's a cold, grey, wet morning here in Ohio....looks like summer is definitely gone . And to think we had temps near 80 on Thursday!

Denise, sorry to hear that Nik is in the hospital. Prayers that the meds work quickly and she is soon home and feeling back to her ol' self! (bet you're enjoying Baby J though!) Enjoy Jen's wedding today!

Tracie, awesome package from Heather! That paper pad looks awesome! And Lynne, too! Sounds like you've gotten tons of wonderful goodies! This group is so awesome...generous, fun, always great kits! I am so looking forward to "my" month...coming up next! It's been fun seeing all the pics posted of everyone's goodies, but I will thoroughly enjoy having my mailbox full of happy mail in November!

Jo, so happy to hear about the new house!! Hoping everything goes smoothly, and you are all settled in comfortably, in plenty of time for the holidays! PS...your FB post about DS's comments about Holli not listening had me in stitches! Outta the mouths of babes! And I'm with your DH, I've been lusting for the iPad, but now that I've seen the mini...."Dear Santa..."

Sus...and Kathy....BE CAREFUL!! We will be thinking of you as the brunt of Hurricane Sandy heads your way. Predictions that Ohio will also be getting some of the fallout of Sandy as we get a cold front from the NW, and Sandy from the East. Supposed to have windy, cold, rainy Halloween here Stay Safe, our East Coast gals!!

I am a Diet Coke addict. For years (when I weighed 90 pounds, seriously! Hard to believe when you look at me now, but I weighed less than 100 pounds until I was 35 years old) I drank regular Pepsi. Stopped all sodas for a year, and when I started to drink them again, couldn't tolerate the sweetness, so I got hooked on Diet Coke. I have heard that drinking diet sodas makes you crave more sweets in general, and I would have to agree. I have the meanest sweet tooth. Wish I wouldn't have started up on the soda...maybe I wouldn't be overweight now

Angela, your story about Davis giving you the note about conferences last minute brought back some bittersweet memories. Wasn't it just yesterday that my kiddos were in school? They do grow up so fast...but your Ivy seems to be growing into quite a beautiful, sweet young lady (just like her mom!!)

I have a totally free Saturday! No work, no appointments or errands, omgosh, I don't know what to do with myself! DH will be tearing apart the first floor bath to start the major part of the remodeling. The area around the tub has that old 'tub-surround' junk. He will have to remove that, and the old drywall, and put up new greenboard and porcelain and mosaic tiles. My shower/bathtub will be out of commission for over a week, and I will have to resort to using the decrepit shower in the basement til the tiling is finished. It'll be chaos for awhile. But then i will have a beautiful bath!

Happy Saturday to all!
Old 10-27-2012, 06:36 AM   #1137
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Good morning!

Great kit Tracie (I love seeing pics of the kits!)

Denise, hope Nickie is doing better today.

What a wonderful gift to your sis and BIL, Susanne. Hope it has arrived intime for game day.

Went to a very good ENT yesterday; he did a lot more extensive examination than the other doc. Ear is still full of fluid behind eardrum; this doc actually went up through my nose to take pictures of the eustacian (sp) tube opening to make sure there wasn't a blockage in either ear (cyst or tumor); of which, happy to say no blockage on either side. He said for me to be patient; sometimes the ear will clear up on its own..he did give me a steriod nose spray and a followup visit (which the other doc didn't do!). IF my ear is still plugged on Dec. 7, then lancing the eardrum will be discussed. I have lots more confidence in this doctor!

Gotta go for now! Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-27-2012, 08:23 AM   #1138
Stazon Splitcoast

Vickie, so glad you got a good Dr. He sounds much more in the know about what is going on with your ear.

Kathy and Susanne let us know as soon as Sandy has passed and all your power is back on how you are. We will all worry about you.

Susanne, forgot to mention how great I thought the wedding gift for your Sister and her DH was. Hope the jackets made it.

Tracie and Angela, let us know what you think of the markers if you play today.

Denise, you know I am praying for Nic. I am so sorry to not be there for Jen. Hope it all goes well.

Jo, loved the story about the dog, snow and 7 yr. old..lol!! Saw it on fb and laughed. I always read your fb stories to Glenn and we both get a good laugh.

I hate to admit this but I love snow. I am as excited as a kid when they say its going to snow. Ours never lasts over a couple of days so that makes it easier to get excited about it. We've only had a few snows that we still had 6-8 in. on the ground after 5 days and I only remember 3 snows that were over 2 feet. We have such great neighbors. One on each side of us, one or the other always come over and shovel our walks in case we get out because they are afraid we will fall.

I am also starting to get excited about Nov...that is my month so can't wait to see what surprises I get in the mail.

Have a great day everyone.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 10-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #1139
Glitter Guru

Hey ladies,
Vickie, so glad this Dr. seemed better. Hoping with time it will resolve without lancing it.

Patti, that is awesome a remodeled bathroom will be fabulous! It's hard while the work is being done, but after that it will be great.

Angela, that is too funny about the late notice for the conferences. At least you made it and they went well.

Susanne, you must have met my husband. LOL, he is running wild today. The generator wouldn't start, but after something like cleaning the carburator it is working. He's bought ice, all these canned goods (that we don't really like) and all sorts of other stuff. I figure we could do with PB and J for a few days and fruit and nuts and stuff. He's taken down all of the Halloween decorations. He seriously is like a whirling dervish today. I keep telling him to calm down, I don't want him to have a heart attack. He tells me I don't take things seriously enough. Oh well, I guess we can balance each other out. Think I will head out for some beer and wine (priorities right?).

Fun kit Tracie!

Denise, so sorry about Nickie being in the hospital. Hope they can get her asthma under control quickly so she can get home to little Jasper. Hope the wedding goes well today.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and stays safe and dry (if and storm is headed your way)!
Old 10-27-2012, 09:22 AM   #1140
Hardware Hotshot

(snort) Kathy ... you make me giggle. The description on you and your DH is totally MY marriage! Ken runs around like a chicken and I make a coffee run! Right now MY dervish is running around the house fixing all the little irritants in our house (you know, that list of honey-do's that never actually get done?) So far this weekend he has caulked the kitchen, replaced the broken sink in the kids bathroom and is now steam cleaning the walls in every bathroom. We have our home inspection next Tuesday and he is trying to get as much done before then.

I'm with Linda ... once Sandy has passed by and you are safe, please let us know.

Denise: Sorry to hear about Nic. She's in my prayers.

Vickie: it sounds like you've got a great doctor. Hoping that you find relief soon.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:41 PM   #1141
Die Cut Diva

Hi ladies!! Kathy and Susanne let us know when everything has past...I know its great to hear of these things in advance but it makes for a lot of anxiety too. Glad to hear you girls stay calm. I plan to work in my craft room tomorrow and organize...
Old 10-28-2012, 01:37 AM   #1142
Glitter Guru

Denise- I hope Nickie is doing better. How was the wedding of Jen ? It sure was a beautiful day.

Vickie- Iīm so happy for you that you find a doctor you trust. He really seems to be better than the previous one.

Kathy- I had to smile when I read that about your DH. I hope his work was for nothing and the storm has passed

Tracie- Fun kit. How was your try with the new markers ?

Patti- All that trouble and work itīs worth. Your bathroom will be beautiful. We see it on our house. From a pile of junk has become a castle. LOL

Pat- Organize sounds great. I neet to do that too !
Old 10-28-2012, 07:32 AM   #1143
Die Cut Diva

Good Morning!! Beautiful morning here, a little cool but I'm sure the sun will warm things up soon. Hope everyone gets a little stamping time in today!!
Old 10-28-2012, 07:43 AM   #1144
Watercolor Wizard

Well Kathy--it is just the way people cope! (Bad can goods n all)!!! hahaha (getting an image of your kids saying..."Daddy, can you crack open another can of lima beans please--I want to eat them with my fingers!!!" And another one saying..."Asparagus...YUM!" We have never really been much for investing in a generator or going overboard because we've been in the so called "hurricane" that had fizzled out like a luck-warm rain storm and we ended up driving to the beach to see some real wave action and to get out of the house for the day! Big whip!

Tom did however dig through the sump pump stones in the basement to line up the lil' bulby thing that automatically turns on the sump pump (don't ask how this works--I just have a hole in my basement floor for this "electronic contraption" and still it has flooded before! I really hope we don't get water down here--next class: Nov 24th!

Well, so much for my wedding gift...I mailed it on Oct 15th--paid over $60 for postage alone-->they did not receive it yesterday and my sister gave me a piece of her mind! I am almost too embarrassed to relay her text from this morning-but what the heck--

"Don't bother to send Christmas presents this year because if they are not under the tree ON TIME, its just a disappointment to me!"

{Yeah, I felt the knife go through with that comment! And, I hope she eats her words when my wonderfully creative gift(s) arrive on her doorstep!}

So, I felt horrible-just horrible-all this planning so NOT to ruin her surprise about the Patriot tickets for her new husband's birthday-I purposely mailed the first box so it would land on their doorstep close to when she was giving her surprise. There have been times when she is thanking me for a goodie box 1 week out from mailing...so I blew it! Life is short-not gonna let this stupid thing get me down!

My text back to her: "What are you a spoiled 5 year old with an abusive Santa?" haha Grow up-we can't control the postal service...not even you Jan!" Have fun at your game!

Touche? haha I am sure Dave will love everything I sent! I wrote him an email explaining my botched ambitions of timing this just so...maybe he can talk to Janice and bring her down off the "royal thrown"!

I am mailing box #2 tomorrow--it is loaded with more fun stuff to go with the "Breakfast in Bed" gift: see picture, plus oven mitts, and a gaudy-funny decorated apron (finishing it today)...I purposely wanted to send this last--because its fun getting more than one box of gifts?! Photos in next post...

Old 10-28-2012, 07:56 AM   #1145
Watercolor Wizard

The photos below are; the "interactive wedding card crossword puzzle", in England they sign a document in a court house when they get married-Jan/Dave signing, (notice the peacock DP--Jan's dress was that exact pattern--a true miracle I found this card stock?...the "MonkeyButt" powder is a joke gift--it works as well as Gold Bond powder and I thought it was funny-they also sell a pink girl version of this powder...the book I ordered off Amazon (5 stars), and the "Eggstravaganza" was just too perfect for my theme. I am finishing up a "Susie designed apron"--gluing silly dodads and bling" and oven mitts which are upstairs in a bag!
Attached Thumbnails
jan-dave-wedding-card-002.jpg   jan-dave-wedding-card-004.jpg  

Old 10-28-2012, 07:59 AM   #1146
Watercolor Wizard

Oooops...here's the other photo (Also, the Patriot's fleece, china coffee mugs with purple/blue that match her decor) and a pound of Dunkies Hazelnut (their fave)...is in the box that was supposed to arrive this weekend!
Attached Thumbnails
breakfast-bed-001.jpg  

Old 10-28-2012, 08:05 AM   #1147
Watercolor Wizard

So, sorry to hog the page--just thought I would share--hope I didn't "overshare" with my sister's comment...I will take a photo of the mitts and apron later...

I think I'll mail her a Christmas gift...but call it a "Happy New Year" gift and make damn sure it doesn't arrive before Christmas!!! hahaha (really, I am just laughing this whole debacle off...it's not my problem!

Old 10-28-2012, 09:32 AM   #1148
Glitter Guru

Susanne you made me laugh, pass the lima beans! That will probably be us tomorrow! My gosh, that stinks that your sis was so angry about the package being late (nothing can be done about that). She'll probably feel really bad when the gifts arrive and she sees how thoughtful and well planned out they are. You are so creative, what a fun gift you put together.

WE have a sump pump too and that is the main reason we have the generator. One time we had to keep bailing out the pump with a bucket so the basement wouldn't flood during one really bad storm. Almost all of the neighbors had flooded basements that time.

Denise, is Nickie any better? Hope she is doing OK.

Off to finish putting away all the laundry!
Old 10-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #1149
Glitter Guru

Kathy and Susan- I just saw in the news, that parts of New York to be evacuated. They expect a lot of rain and flooding by "Sandy". I really hope you will be spared. Makes the best of it.
Kathy lots of fun with the canning. Perhaps now is the right time to start a diet. LOL Sorry, thatīs not funny. Please stay safe !!
Old 10-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #1150
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Well I got my last kit yesterday and what a kit it was. It really makes me think about my kits in the future. Kathy sent me this wonderful package with a halloween theme. First off she wraps it all in orange tissue paper to start the theme. Then she included 2 paper pads, fall dish towels, 2 tickled pink stamps, test tube favors, ribbons, rhinestones, buttons, paper tape, black brands, glossy accents and candy. Cute little package of hershey kisses, Lindt orange and bit o honey. I have been in all the chocolate. I hope you can see her card in the picture because it is just so darn adorable. Thank you Kathy. You made my week!

I hope to try markers today. Have several cards I need to get finished up but also need to get packets ready for my class next Friday. Never enough time.
Attached Thumbnails
001.jpg  

Meljen's Designs
Old 10-28-2012, 11:56 AM   #1151
SCS BRAK Coordinator

I forgot to mention my favorite part. Kathy added some of her homemade lemon honey. I am making rolls tonight for dinner just so I can have her honey. Yum!

Meljen's Designs
Old 10-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #1152
Glitter Guru

So glad it arrived Tracie! Glad the lemon honey jelly made it ok, I was wondering if it was a smart idea or it everything would be a sticky mess!

Imke, lol, you are funny! I may lose some weight during the storm, that would be good.

They evacuated a lot of NJ. My grandmother had to evacuate her house. They were going to my aunt's convent (she is a nun). I called them yesterday to offer my house, because I'm afraid where my aunt lives will be evacuated, too. I'm hoping my Nana makes out OK, she is 98 and extremely frail.

I made some homemade baguettes yesterday and made french bread pizza for dinner tonight, it was delicious. Figured I'd make something fun incase it's all canned goods tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well this weekend.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #1153
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Another fun kit Tracie! Have fun!

Kathy, I pray that the storm settles down and all the evacuations are precautionary. DH said he read that they are calling for NYC to evacuate! Where will a millilon people go?

Stay safe everyone.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #1154
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Kathy - Stay safe. Sounds like this storm is going to be a crazy one.

Vickie - Are you feeling any better yet?

Meljen's Designs
Old 10-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #1155
Watercolor Wizard

"CAN GOODS" who knew we'd say this in our life time on a blog of all places! Kathy--best of luck tomorrow--you're probably getting the wrath of Sandy tonight--it has started to pick up on the thump-thump of the rain tonight---I hear a swooshing noise like the wind is blowing too...I am sure Muddy will cozy up with me and Tom tonight--he cannot be close enough to us when there is a weather issue...like an extension of my legs in bed, I move an inch, he moves closer an inch...awe..so cute!

All schools and townships are CLOSED for tomorrow, but yet my darling hubby is headed to work at the crack of dawn! While Patrick was driving Shane back to school tonight (CCHS--> Peeg's school announced closing and so did Shane's!) So, my premonitions were on spot and I think Shane should have just stayed home tonight! Oh well...I am sure the college kids figured out something to pass the time tonight and tomorrow!!! <Hurricane Sandy Beer party> Yeeeah!!! (Need I say more!) haha...at least they are safe and sound in their dorms!

Sorry to have let off steam earlier-I love my sis and well, you all know that...so I scratch my head when she really does something stupid...oh well..Patriot's kicked major Ram's buttakis tonight 47-3 was the last score I saw on TV...so they had a good time with the winning team-fun for all! Patriot's did us proud..even though they are trapped in England tonight--airports closed until Tuesday?!

Cheers...have a cozy night!

Old 10-28-2012, 08:17 PM   #1156
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclary View Post
Well I got my last kit yesterday and what a kit it was. It really makes me think about my kits in the future. Kathy sent me this wonderful package with a halloween theme. First off she wraps it all in orange tissue paper to start the theme. Then she included 2 paper pads, fall dish towels, 2 tickled pink stamps, test tube favors, ribbons, rhinestones, buttons, paper tape, black brands, glossy accents and candy. Cute little package of hershey kisses, Lindt orange and bit o honey. I have been in all the chocolate. I hope you can see her card in the picture because it is just so darn adorable. Thank you Kathy. You made my week!

I hope to try markers today. Have several cards I need to get finished up but also need to get packets ready for my class next Friday. Never enough time.
WOW Tracie...aka "mathah lode" Have fun with this stash huh?

Old 10-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #1157
Watercolor Wizard

Oh..this is too cute..my cousin in FL just emailed me..."I see your schools are closed...anything happening up there---I am addicted to the weather channel today/tonight!" hahaha...awe....She goes on to say that even "cat 3" hurricanes don't get this much attention down in Florida! {cat 3 mean Catagory 3) <--middle of the spectrum hurricane...

Old 10-29-2012, 04:28 AM   #1158
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Catching up on the posts here again....

I havn't really seen the news this weekend, so I'm glad for the updates on Sandy. Praying all affected stay safe. Scary stuff...have never been around that kind of storm.

Great package, Tracie! Have never heard of lemon honey...sounds good! I do love biscuits....

Vickie, your new Dr. sounds like a keeper...hope you won't need to go back for a recheck on Dec. 7.

Susanne, sorry the gift didn't make it...and sorry that your sister is being a pain. You are kind and thoughtful...it is her problem, not yours.

How did the wedding go, Denise?

I worked the weekend and had to "float" Sunday. I always say, "If I wanted to float, I would work in the float pool." It wasn't too bad though. About 3/4 of my shift had passed and they told me to hand off my patients and I was flexed off. Yay! Then I was told I had to float to Psych. Not yay...that is just not the place for me, I get very anxious in that environment. Turns out, I just had to answer the phone for an hour...that I can do. When I got home I had to do an online class for some cardiac monitors. I had to take (and pass) a test. It would skip questions and you couldn't go back to answer them so they were wrong; when I finished, I didn't pass and the questions I missed were displayed. It was the weirdest thing, the answers were not the answers I marked. I had to do the darn thing 3 times, between the skipped questions and the wrong answers being recorded. What a pain!

The Lions had their first playoff game last week, and won by a landslide. Tonight they go to the dome to play. Ivy and her bestie were going to ride the Pep Bus, but another friend's parents were driving down and asked them to ride along. They will leave shortly after school. I am not really a football fan, but I hope they win for the players' sake.

Hope everybody has a good day!

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 10-29-2012, 05:05 AM   #1159
Watercolor Wizard

Well the "gift" arrived today! In their mail today!

Dave oogled first the red retro Patriot's sweatshirt...then they looked further into the box and saw the super nice fleece one and he's a very happy man! Jan told him to get his grubby paws off the red--that's her's...see Susie said so!!! haha

84,000 fans in the UK lovin' the game! Both Jan/Dave were amazed how many of these fans were "not American"...and our Channel 5 Boston said the Patriot's were stuck at Heathrow airport this morning--since Boston Logan is basically closed due to weather!

So, the gift made it afterall--if only it got onto the last minute truck on Saturday! Darn!

Weather:
Gloomy, rainy, windy--not so bad here--no water in basement (checkmark), power still on--obviously (checkmark), Tom went to his office but said he'd be home by noon (high tide) (checkmark)...So far so good here. Patrick just left for a workout at the gym...Muddy and K still snoozin'

Oh, taught myself how to make "Criss Cross Cards" over the weekend--let me go snap a shot--Fun!

Old 10-29-2012, 05:39 AM   #1160
Watercolor Wizard

As promised---I took a few shots of my Criss-Cross cards! One is for Christmas (love this October Afternoon paper) and the other is going in Wedding present box#2 to my sis in UK...Love the lil' pocket--although these are big (6x6) I plan to send them in a padded envy as part of a gift...so size didn't matter when I started this project...
Attached Thumbnails
criss-cross-cards-6x6-001.jpg   criss-cross-cards-6x6-004.jpg   criss-cross-cards-6x6-005.jpg  

Closed Thread