Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #921
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
Tracie, usually the cards I make are for DT assignments...I do try to incorporate some of the current challenges though. Today I made a card just for fun! I like the sketch challenge here so I played along...I think my favorite thing to make is Halloween cards!

Susanne, I forgot to answer you about Paisley.... We talked it over with the vet and we are going to let her have a litter of puppies in a year or so. Our friend/neighbor a couple blocks down the street wants one. Also, there's a guy who always walks his daughter by (she's in a stroller...little gal) and they stop and pet/talk to Paisley. DH talks to him sometimes...he used to have a dog and wants to get one some day. I am always impressed when I see him because he is so good with the little gal Autumn...so patient and kind...I don't see a lot of Dads like him. If he doesn't have a dog by then, we will offer one to him as well. I think it will be a cool experience for the kids...I'm just hoping they understand we can't keep one! LOL

Time to get some supper....
I did not see this...I am shutting my eyes--no way is Lovely Paisley having puppies next year or so...no way did I see this!!!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #922
Hardware Hotshot

I KNOW!!! I HAVE a dog and I thought briefly about it!
Old 10-11-2012, 01:43 AM   #923
Glitter Guru

Tracie- Your cranberry white chocolate cookies sounds also delicios. How fun to make a contest at work. Great idea.

Angela- It would be nice if Paisley get puppies. A friend has made it to her cat. The vet said it was good for the animal to get even babies. Therefore, she got babies and then she was sterilized. Just in time for the next "round".... cats are really fast. LOL
Old 10-11-2012, 05:34 AM   #924
Watercolor Wizard

Busy morning here today--Tom is taking Patrick to an orthopedic appt at Mass General Hospital in Boston (baseball elbow), then they are scooping Shane from school (he's done with classes at noon today) then they are all going to see UMASS Boston to check out the college for Patrick...can you believe my baby is going to college already next year? Then, Tom's got to get back to the office by 3pm for appts. On a good note, I have the other car this morning to run errands! Yahoo!

Old 10-11-2012, 11:06 AM   #925
Glitter Guru

Joanna, love the quilt squares, definitely frame them, that would look great.

Wow Angela, mating Paisley! Going to be hard to not want to keep all of the pups. Can't wait, I will live vicariously through you, lol!

Susanne, that cookie recipe looks so good. May try it over the weekend. I just pinned a pumpkin bar with butterscotch chip recipe, too. Need to do some baking.

Heather, sorry you and Claire are under the weather. Hope you get over it quickly.

Imke, that is so cool. Juice from your trees, wow!

Lynne, thinking of you and your friend and hoping things are working out for her.

Such a great pic of Tracie and Vickie, that is so cool that you met.

Pat, your friends sound like so much fun. Can't wait to see where they take you for your birthday!

Throwing in some laundry before I have to go fetch the kiddos from the bus.

Hope everyone is having a great week!
Old 10-11-2012, 12:57 PM   #926
Stazon Splitcoast

Heather, hoping you and Claire are over your colds. Glad you had such a great time on your trip.

Susanne, glad you have a car today. Oh my two kids in college at the same time. The recipe sounds wonderful for the cookies. May try them at Christmas.

Imke the apples look so goood and glad you got so many so you could have apple cider. I love apple cider.

Tracie, Denise's hubby would probably love that recipe, he loves cranberries and cooks with them in muffins etc. so yes, please share when you find it.

Congrats, Angela and Kathy and Imke. It is fun to win.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 10-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #927
Watercolor Wizard

QueenieJO---I totally-totally forgot to comment on your lovely Quilt Squares and now I am not sure if it was in here or across the hall! Absolutely fabulous my dear--Wowweeewooowweee! I always wanted to know how "they" "you" quilters do that top stitching--omgosh--incredible!

Linda--I have 2 raudy boys home this afternoon and I am losing my mind!!! Need I say more? I am trying to put them to work by caring up 7 baskets of clean laundry and an entire rack of hanging sweatshirts, polo shirts and school uniforms up 2 flights of stairs...and you would think I asked them to pave the drive-way! AAACK! They are being very stubborn....whereas K has already come down and brought up 2 loads for me!

One of these days I am going to go on strike like that lady on Youtube did recently--did anyone see that on one of the morning shows? She and Hubby decided..enough is enough--they stopped doing everything! It took their three daughters 4-6 days to notice that mommy and daddy are not cleaning up anything! Garbage at the sink, clothes all over the house--some reporter picked up on it and published her blog (the mommy had a blog where she featured photos...etc)...The girls finally caught on by day 6!!! Their lunches were packed in dog poop bags (not dirty ones)...and they started to catch on! It was hard for her to let go of her house--but, it brought everyone together in the end!

Old 10-12-2012, 03:18 AM   #928
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning; so glad it's Friday...the weekend is almost here!

Off to work....

Have a great day everyone!

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 10-12-2012, 04:11 AM   #929
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Linda - I will look for the recipe today. We are having our cookie contest at work on election day. Our department will be the voting booth and each department on our floor will be submitting a cookie to be voted on. I need to come up with an inexpensive prize. I thought it would be fun to tie it in with the election day.

Hope everyone is going to have a great weekend. I have plans to finish up my Christmas tray for a class in November at the local LSS.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 10-12-2012, 06:20 AM   #930
Watercolor Wizard

I wrote to Linda in a PM...does anyone have Denise's addy? I am not sure the one I have is the most current...could someone PM me with it please? (Sending my thank you cards out for my SS shower goodies!) Thanks!

Happy Friday--it's chilly here and just started raining--a good day to hunker down and create! (Until 3--when I get the car and will be running 60 errands!) ha!

Have a good one!

PS. Without getting political--anyone else want to slap Joe Biden face last night with all that sarcastic smiling...oh he was driving me nuts!!! <SLAP!> hahaha

Old 10-12-2012, 06:37 AM   #931
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Good morning!

Susanne, I'm in line with you to slap Biden's face for being so rude!!

I finally broke down and called ENT doctor today and can get in on Monday; the flight from Kansas City was not kind to me by inducing so much pressure into my right ear it just won't release! Yet, I would go all over again 'cause we had such a great time with Tracie!

I am having so much fun putting Pat's package together! Need to add a couple more items and the will get it mailed sometime next week. Will post when it's postal!

Hope everyone has a fabulous Friday (I think it's Friday...lost track of what day it is! I love retirement!)
Old 10-12-2012, 06:49 AM   #932
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Good morning!

Susanne, I'm in line with you to slap Biden's face for being so rude!!

I finally broke down and called ENT doctor today and can get in on Monday; the flight from Kansas City was not kind to me by inducing so much pressure into my right ear it just won't release! Yet, I would go all over again 'cause we had such a great time with Tracie!

I am having so much fun putting Pat's package together! Need to add a couple more items and the will get it mailed sometime next week. Will post when it's postal!

Hope everyone has a fabulous Friday (I think it's Friday...lost track of what day it is! I love retirement!)
ME TOO! <SLLLLAP> a fresh one! haha I can't get the image of his big fake whitened teeth out of my head this morning! hahaha

On a better note, I hope your ear clears up---this happens to my Tommy everyone now and again--we use a solution of Hydrogen Peroxide (warmed) to flush it out...He'll say it doesn't work, but a day later he is driving his car and poof........it drains out and he is turning down the radio! Good luck with that Vickie--it could throw your balance off..so be careful.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:53 AM   #933
Watercolor Wizard

Pat...I had you as a SS...I hope I am not duplicating goodies for you--I remembered what you liked from back then!

My package is all ready to go--AE did not have any Simple Stories paper on the floor-they carry it--just wasn't in yet! Now, I'll be looking for you--so don't be surprised if this shows up later!

Old 10-12-2012, 08:17 AM   #934
Glitter Guru

Hey Susanne, your talking to a Biden fan here, lol! I'm a Delaware girl (unfortunately living in NJ now) and have met him personally many times, he's really a great guy. At least he did whiten those teeth for all the smiling! My friends, who are still in DE all had your reaction last night! My DH and I were wondering how he got that smile so white? I need some of whatever he is using!
Old 10-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #935
Glitter Guru

Tracie, I would love to see that recipe, too. Sounds so good.

Vickie, hope you feel better soon. Like Susanne said, it can really through off your balance.

Susanne, I think I need to strike here, too. That made me laugh that the kids didn't notice for a few days. I thought that they might outgrow the not listening thing, guess not !

Don't work too hard Angela, hope you have some time off on the weekend.

Vickie and Tracie, we saw the pic, but tell us what you bought. We are all so curious!
Old 10-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #936
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

What I bought! LOL I started out with a list...that's a big LOL! I might have purchased one thing from my list...maybe! I did try to limit myself since flying out I would have to stuff my suitecase, but did manage to do some "damage" to my bank account.

Stamps and dies from Heartfelt Creations was my "big" purchase.
I purchased one of the WeAreMemories mini "8" punches...now I want more of them! I'll post a pic later of the card I made using it.
Got a $10 grab bag full of ribbon!
A pendant kit to create embellishments, pendants for necklaces, bracelets, etc.
Rubbernecker "cause a scene" stamp set
Spellbinders pocket die
6x6 paper packs
5 laser cut scrap pages
won a Stamps of Life (stephanie barnard) stamp set and 3 card kits at the crop I attended
Did a couple make and takes (a cute pocket card and a beautiful halloween scrap page)
Also took 3 classes and have the projects from those added to my booty

I know there is a few more items that I'm forgetting.

Tracie gave my friend Barb and I a decorated bag full of goodies and treats and another halloween themed decorated goody bag. Tracie is sooo talented and generous!

Gosh! I can't believe it's almost 1 p.m. and I'm still in my PJs, yet, I've not done anything "productive" yet! Guess I'll fix some lunch and continue to "lounge" for a while longer!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #937
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Curry View Post
Hey Susanne, your talking to a Biden fan here, lol! I'm a Delaware girl (unfortunately living in NJ now) and have met him personally many times, he's really a great guy. At least he did whiten those teeth for all the smiling! My friends, who are still in DE all had your reaction last night! My DH and I were wondering how he got that smile so white? I need some of whatever he is using!
Well Kath, all political opinions aside (I don't even want to go there), but he is a politician, therefore he can afford the top notch dental care that enabled him to spruce up his pearly whites!!! <smiles>

Old 10-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #938
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
What I bought! LOL I started out with a list...that's a big LOL! I might have purchased one thing from my list...maybe! I did try to limit myself since flying out I would have to stuff my suitecase, but did manage to do some "damage" to my bank account.

Stamps and dies from Heartfelt Creations was my "big" purchase.
I purchased one of the WeAreMemories mini "8" punches...now I want more of them! I'll post a pic later of the card I made using it.
Got a $10 grab bag full of ribbon!
A pendant kit to create embellishments, pendants for necklaces, bracelets, etc.
Rubbernecker "cause a scene" stamp set
Spellbinders pocket die
6x6 paper packs
5 laser cut scrap pages
won a Stamps of Life (stephanie barnard) stamp set and 3 card kits at the crop I attended
Did a couple make and takes (a cute pocket card and a beautiful halloween scrap page)
Also took 3 classes and have the projects from those added to my booty

I know there is a few more items that I'm forgetting.

Tracie gave my friend Barb and I a decorated bag full of goodies and treats and another halloween themed decorated goody bag. Tracie is sooo talented and generous!

Gosh! I can't believe it's almost 1 p.m. and I'm still in my PJs, yet, I've not done anything "productive" yet! Guess I'll fix some lunch and continue to "lounge" for a while longer!
I met the owner of Rubbernecker Stamps (nice guy) I wanted their goofy fish stamps and he was all out--I bought a floral background stamp and he gave me his biz card with some # on the back (not a phone number ladies...tsk tsk) but it signified that I was to get free shipping or something when I went home to buy it off line!...Then, as he was putting my lil' stamp in a rather large bag--he put the alphabet sheet stamp (huge like 8x11) free because there was a mistake in the rubber printing (two letters are too close)...so I guess me and my chattiness charmed the guy-the very quiet lady checking out next to me didn't get a free sheet of alpha's!? I still have not used those letters--that are rather large--maybe I could create an initial card with them using a spellbinders die around them...classic thankyou card? "cause a scene"...I'll have to go ck that out--I adore funny stamps!

Old 10-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #939
Watercolor Wizard

Vickie--some day's (phone calls, working, laundry purring, and I have been so busy down here, I look down at myself and think...oh boy it's 1 and I haven't eaten,showered or dressed yet! I don't want to break the concentration and, if I don't have a car available--who cares right?

Utoh...Patrick's home from school...I am outta here!

Old 10-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #940
Stazon Splitcoast

Vickie, there are days since I retired that I don't dress. Why bother if I am not going out for any reason. I am more comphy and don't dirty and clothes..lol!! Denise and I both did that while she was here. I dressed today as I had grandkids coming over to bring their daughter to me to babysit until their Mom got off to pick her up. The Grandson and his wife went deer hunting with bows.

Queenie Jo I forgot to tell you how much I loved your quilting blocks. I loved all three and would definitely make wall hangings out of them.

Yes, Vickie, Tracie is very talented. She made Debra and I some beautiful gift bags when we went to class and made cupcakes for everyone in our class because it was my birthday.

Kathy and Susanne, I always threatened to do that. I thought it was funny and would love to see the video on the woman whose house was turned upside down. I am amazed it took teens 6 days to realize Mom and Dad weren't doing anything.

Angela, hope you don;t have to work all weekend.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 10-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #941
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
Vickie, there are days since I retired that I don't dress. Why bother if I am not going out for any reason. I am more comphy and don't dirty and clothes..lol!! Denise and I both did that while she was here. I dressed today as I had grandkids coming over to bring their daughter to me to babysit until their Mom got off to pick her up. The Grandson and his wife went deer hunting with bows.

Queenie Jo I forgot to tell you how much I loved your quilting blocks. I loved all three and would definitely make wall hangings out of them.

Yes, Vickie, Tracie is very talented. She made Debra and I some beautiful gift bags when we went to class and made cupcakes for everyone in our class because it was my birthday.

Kathy and Susanne, I always threatened to do that. I thought it was funny and would love to see the video on the woman whose house was turned upside down. I am amazed it took teens 6 days to realize Mom and Dad weren't doing anything.

Angela, hope you don;t have to work all weekend.
Linda..it was on the NBC (our Channel 4 morning show here) "Today"--I usually watch GMA (Good Morning America--or a few bits of it with my mornin' java--to find out what is going on in the world)...But I think I switched channels on TH of this week? I bet it is on their website---I'll go see...

Old 10-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #942
Watercolor Wizard

Crazy Working Mom: Diary of a mother on the brink of snapping!

I found it.......zoom down this blog and read upwards---I did not see the video on The Today show but I am sure it is there---this is the mom...her blog kept her company while she purposely ignored the messes accumulating around her! I just voted too--along with 87% of other mom's that would in fact go on strike!!! hahaha

Old 10-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #943
Stampin' Fool

Hello Ladies, yes it is me, yes I know I have been MIA!!!! I have been playing with my babies but not all the time.

I have been cleaning alot since I got home! Nickie has been helping me!!!!!

Today I cleaned out and rearranged all my kitchen cabinets. Nic been cleaning the laundry room and some messes DH left for us while we were gone! MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris and Haillie and of course baby Atticus came for dinner, I made tamale pie, corn casserole and fresh apple cake. It was so good!!!!! Then as they were leaving John called and decided he wanted to come and spend the night with Nana and Papa, so he is here for the night.

In the morning Nic and I are baking a bunch of goodies for a friend of ours, she is in her 30's and has a strange type of cancer, it was discovered in her appendices, she has to go to Seattle, WA 3 weeks at a time for another 8 weeks. Her last treatment is on Christmas Eve. It is so sad. Can you believe that all the big hospitals they have here in California and they told her Sorry, haven't heard of that sort of cancer. Our local news had her on TV last night. She has several kids, I have know her since she was little. She is also Annamarie's Aunt's sister.

Tomorrow night we are having a good friend and her son over for dinner, and of course Nic's 3 other boys will be here for the weekend. Busy Busy Busy!!!

I have to run into my LSS an get a few more things for Pat's package. It should be in the mail next week. I hope!!!!!

I did try to post last night and put pictures on here but my computer messed up and I gave up!!!!!
Old 10-13-2012, 04:25 AM   #944
Gabfest Goddess

hello ladies, and a happy Saturday to all!

Thought I'd check in so no one puts my face on a milk carton (although for my friends to know I was missing, they'd have to see my face on a wine bottle! Or a beer bottle! ) Just got home from work...was supposed to work a 7pm to 3 am shift, but got conned into staying til 7:30 am. We were down 3 nurses at 3 am, so I stayed. Aaaah, at least I'll have a few extra bucks to buy more crafting goodies!

Bought a "50 Shades of Cardstock" tee shirt on line...thought it was cute.

LOVING Vickie's list of goodies she bought at CKC in KC! sounds like Tracie and Vickie had a wonderful time!! I'm so envious, makes me all the more determined to save up $$ and vacation time so I can meet up with some of you someday, too!

Oh my, Jo, those quilt squares are absolutely beautiful! I would certainly put them up as wall hangings! They are too pretty to be folded up and put away somewhere!! Where do you find time with 2 boys, and a new pup, and your paper crafting and the business (I know it's quilting, but you still need to take care of the "business" stuff, too!)??

Linda and Denise, are you missing one another after 3 months together?? Reading the posts here, and Denise's updates and photos on FB, it sounds like you really made the most of your time together!

Heather, hoping you and Clare as soon feeling back to your "old" selves. It's never fun to have a stuffy nosed baby...much less mom feeling under the weather, too!

Well, I can barely keep my eyes open long enough to read the back postings, so I will say "GOOD MORNING" for now. Wishing you all a fabulous fall day!
Old 10-13-2012, 05:11 AM   #945
Watercolor Wizard

Ever been awaken by a dog staring you in the face on your side of the bed? Literally, his chin resting a couple of inches from my face--breathing! haha Ya know the feeling like someone is breathing and staring at you? haha...only really-really in your face up close? haha Well, that is how my morning started-Muddy had to go out at 7 sharp!(My first thought was NO..not today--I get to sleep in today!) Tom's face was under a pillow and well, I was the good guy this morning! They said we were having our first "frost" and sure enough 33 degrees instead of slippers, I put on boots for the first time this season!

Already the house is partially empty-Tom and Muddy to his office, Patrick to the health club--me having another cup of coffee! I have to say I am loving these blue skies and cool weather!

Denise--so glad to see you again--feel like you have been so busy with your crew--it's good to hear from you!

Patti--I am with you, you might as well stay later--you are already there and awake right?! (Easy for me to say since I was all cuddly at home in bed!!! haha)

Where has Jessica been? Wiggy has the Nov image across the hall--has she been around?

Well, I learned through the family grapevine that one of my older brothers Ray-- moved back to AZ from FL...but his wife stayed in FL. (dum-de-dum-dum) Now, as a typical guy he is not talking about this to anyone--and me being the typical communicator in the family...I jotted him a 'catch up' hard copy letter with a card and some family pictures to break the ice! I so hope he shares what is going on in his life. It's like a big pink elephant in the room and no one is talking about it? None of us are very close to this SIL, by her doing--so leave it to me to burst into his life and see if he's doing okay! Funny how I am urged by my sisters to 'go ahead Susie...you are good at this'..kind of like..Go, make a fool of yourself-we're used to it!!! haha Hey, it's his choice--if he responds at all or at least we don't have to "pretend" and keep the pink elephant on a leash! Right? His wife is quite the character-so, ya never know, maybe they are just taking a "break" from one another? "Tom, yeah, I'm tired of this..think I'll move back to Chicago--see ya!!! Oh I should not make fun...but really, like we are not going to notice? Enough rambling...

Have a fabulous Saturday everyone--my first errand is the PO to mail goodies!

Old 10-13-2012, 05:52 AM   #946
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning! I just read through the posts and caught up here...sounds like everybody has been busy; I love reading what everybody is up to!

Davis went on a field trip to a fossil quarry yesterday and just showed me the pictures/videos he took with his ipod touch...I am not techie, so was amazed what that little device can do...looks like the kids had a good time!

Susanne, how interesting...I would like to go on strike too...not sure if anybody would notice.... I may think about it though.... LOL

Wow, Vickie, it sounds like you struck gold with your "haul"!

Tracie, one of the nursing units had a dessert competition once...people sampled the goodies, then voted...I think they had a good time.

Patti, too funny about the t-shirt!

Denise, it sounds like you enjoy cooking...the tamale pie sounds wonderful!

Linda, I enjoy those days when I can just hang out in my sweats...I just pile my hair on top of my head and enjoy a lazy day. Sometimes I have gotten "caught" when somebody comes to the door!

It sounds like Pat has good things coming her way!

Too bad today is not a "lazy day"...I had better go make myself presentable....

I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 10-13-2012, 09:15 AM   #947
Watercolor Wizard

Posting: Group 1--> Pat's Parcel is POSTAL!!! Ha-ha...Just had to say that! Enjoy your goodies Pat!

Old 10-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #948
Stazon Splitcoast

I am beyond frustrated! I ordered wallet-sized photos for my scrapbook pages...they came back very dark. Next I ordered more, 4x6 size this time, and they (meaning machine) cropped the photo and cut off the top of my head...hey, at least they weren't too dark! LOL I asked the guy in photo processing about it and he told me you need to crop your own photos...from the bottom.... He explained how to do it...it made no sense to me but Ivy seemed to understand. Wouldn't you think Target would mention this on their site? I cropped and color corrected the first batch and they were no good, so I thought I was doing the right thing by not editing them the second time. I am not normally one who complains but do they really think it's okay to take off the top of someone's head? Especially when there was plenty of space up there....

Old 10-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #949
Die Cut Diva

Hi Everybody!!!! I've been on a two day crop. Started yesterday at 2 ended at 10 last night, then started today at 10 and lasted until 7 this evening!! WOW!!! Now I need to pack for the overnighter with my sister. She's picking me up at 930 and we're off!! Spending the night in a bed and breakfast!! I'll take pictures!!
Imke, got your package in today's mail!!! How did you get so much into that box?? It was filled to the brim with birthday gifts and lots of card kits, cookies and you'll see!! I will take a photo as soon as its light outside tomorrow. Thank you for all the wonderful things you have sent me.
Linda my birthday card is awesome. Your cards are always spectacular but you outdid yourself today!! Thank you so much, I will take a photo of it tomorrow and post it for all to admire.
Need to start packing for tomorrow...thought I would take a few minutes to see whats happening here on Splitcoast!! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!
Old 10-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #950
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
I am beyond frustrated! I ordered wallet-sized photos for my scrapbook pages...they came back very dark. Next I ordered more, 4x6 size this time, and they (meaning machine) cropped the photo and cut off the top of my head...hey, at least they weren't too dark! LOL I asked the guy in photo processing about it and he told me you need to crop your own photos...from the bottom.... He explained how to do it...it made no sense to me but Ivy seemed to understand. Wouldn't you think Target would mention this on their site? I cropped and color corrected the first batch and they were no good, so I thought I was doing the right thing by not editing them the second time. I am not normally one who complains but do they really think it's okay to take off the top of someone's head? Especially when there was plenty of space up there....
Angela--my first attempt was with Rite Aid Pharmacy--they ran out of the photo paper...it took 3 people in the store to replace that for 20 minutes. Then when the pictures came out I was "Jersey Shore Orange" with what looked like a giant bird doo-doo over just the top of my head--literally black and gray with white spots!!! Oh, the the underarm part where I am holding my head was pitch white! The girl at the counter said..."So do you like these?" Um, no I don't and she promised she would shred them--no cost to me! Off to Walmart...I cropped/colored and well, you have my results!

But, I was thinking...with the cropped part of your head you could pretend like you did it on purpose..ya know, kinda nueva artsy? hahaha Or add a lil' fake hair popping out of your 6x6!!! <smiles> J/K! Can't wait to see yours and everyone else's too!

Old 10-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #951
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Vickie - If you can believe it, I still haven't unpacked my goodies. I did pull out my new markers and I must say that I love them and wish I would of gotten every color. They blend so nicely. I'm sorry you are still feeling under the weather. It was so much fun to finally meet you. We must do it again some time.

Okay as promised, here is the recipe. They are White Chocolate Dipped Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies.
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups dried sweetened cranberries
1 1/2 cups pecan pieces, toasted
1 1/4 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
3 (4-ounce) white c hocolate baking bars, coarsely chopped
3 tablespoons shortening

Prehat oven to 375 degrees. Beat butter until creamy. Add sugars, beating well. Add egg & vanilla, beating until blended. Mix flour, soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture. Stir in cranberries, pecans and oats until blended. Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes. Cool. Microwave chocolate and shortening 1 minute or until chocolate melts. Dip half of each cookie into melted chocolate. Place dipped cookies on waw paper, let stand until firm.

Meljen's Designs
Old 10-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #952
Die Cut Diva

Oh Susanna...I will keep my eyes peeled for the postman!! I remember your kits from last year!!! The best was the big black jar sitting on my front porch. I started laughing before I ever opened the door. YOU ARE A HOOT!!!!
Old 10-13-2012, 06:21 PM   #953
Stazon Splitcoast

Pat, sounds like you had a great time with more fun to come! Good for you, enjoy!

Tracie, what kind of markers did you get?

Susanne, you make me laugh! Maybe I should just add a piece of fake fur to the top of my head....

Old 10-13-2012, 07:58 PM   #954
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Pat, sounds like you had a great time with more fun to come! Good for you, enjoy!

Susanne, you make me laugh! Maybe I should just add a piece of fake fur to the top of my head....
Angela..sure why not..be a lil' bit edgy!!! hahahahahahahahahhahahaha (really laughing out loud here)

Old 10-13-2012, 07:58 PM   #955
Watercolor Wizard

We could nickname Angela "Mowhair Angie" hahahahahaha

Old 10-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #956
Watercolor Wizard

Okay..need some room expertise...

I am in the midst of finalizing my sister's wedding card which includes a 6x6 card with her wedding motif cardstock that I cannot believe I found at Absolutely Everything..."Peacock Feathers" <--yes, not kidding...used some Bazzil papers to coordinate and I have odd size Crossword puzzles and crossword keys (all to their liking)...but it's mish-mash in sizes and I need to pull it all together with some type of gold spaaakly folder---any dimensions out there--I have (2) 12x12 heavy card glittery gold (very firm) AC Cardstock glitter card stocks just begging for attention--I looked in the tutorial section of SCS and found a "Bag-a-lop" but it just doesn't do my card project justice...any ideas? I was thinking of a larger stationary folder of some sort--but I need a visual and it has to fit 7x9 or so...it can be a lil' bit bitter--including this in a box with her gifts....anyone, anyone... thanks!

Last edited by Susanne527; 10-13-2012 at 08:08 PM..
Old 10-13-2012, 08:05 PM   #957
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Tracie...I wanna know the markers too--curious...better or equal to Copic's?

Old 10-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #958
Watercolor Wizard

I started buying Copic markers on line when they were $3.95 a piece...seriously...I need to start investing in refills

Old 10-14-2012, 01:11 AM   #959
Glitter Guru

Oh my goodness- so much to catch up.....

Susanne- I love my Copics and have them now for almost two or three years. Honestly, I do not know it exactly. Maybe longer ? Anyway...AND I have NEVER even refill one of them. Even skin colors, browns I use a lot are still super-full. Keep your money and buy only when they are really empty. You'll see it takes a long time !!

Pat- Im glad that you liked it and it arrived just in time. Small but powerful, hm ? LOL I always pay attention to the size because of the postage. I think I am specializing in it, to put in a small package as much as possible to get into it. Fun a fabulous weekend !

Angela- These are the photos for the scrapbook? Well, then I'm curious what the end result is. LOL

Tracie- Thanks for sharing the recipe. Sounds yummie!

Patti- You work definitely too much ! I hope you find some time to rest.

Denise- It's nice that you have your family around you. Sounds like a full house every day.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:56 AM   #960
SCS BRAK Coordinator

The markers I bought were Spectrum noir. They came in a package of 6 for $11.95. They are alcohol markers just like copics but the tips are a little different. I find them more manageable. I wish I had all the colors so I could show you one done with copics and one done with the other. Alot cheaper. Looks like I will need to invest in a few more colors. They are re-fillable also.

Meljen's Designs
Closed Thread