Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 08:25 AM   #41
Watercolor Wizard

Psssssssssst lets send all our NEON to Denise!!! hahahaha (Just Kiddin' Denise) <smiles>

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-31-2012, 08:26 AM   #42
Watercolor Wizard

I am totally with Birthday people in my group!!! I noticed that when looking at the addy list I sent...

Waving back at Imke!!!!::::::::::::::::::::throwing some glitter your way::::::::::::::::::just to make my presence be known!!! ::::::::::::::::::::::::::<dash more glitter:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Old 07-31-2012, 08:28 AM   #43
Watercolor Wizard

Imke....how long does it take to rec' our packages---we need to ship to you in November right? It always surprises me when my sister (England) gets hers in less than 2 weeks!

Old 07-31-2012, 10:53 AM   #44
Glitter Guru

Ususally it also takes 2-3 weeks. A dear friend lives in New Jersey and from there it often takes up to 5-6 weeks. But do not worry, I'm always happy to get mail - whenever !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
Imke....how long does it take to rec' our packages---we need to ship to you in November right? It always surprises me when my sister (England) gets hers in less than 2 weeks!
Old 07-31-2012, 10:58 AM   #45
Glitter Guru

Pat and Vickie- Itīs so great that you have also your birthday month to get showered. Our sweet hostess is very clever and organized

Donelda- PLEASE dropp in from time to time- we will miss you !! Do you join our "secret sister scrapbook page" swap ? Please, please think about it !
Old 07-31-2012, 11:18 AM   #46
Glitter Guru

Please fill out the following questionnaire and post to the thread in order to help your Sis get to know you:

Cardmaking Likes:
1. Buttons and Twine
2. Design Paper
3. Selfadhesive Pearls and Bling

Cardmaking Dislikes:
1. flat Stickers
2. Chipboards

Birthdate:
31 December 1974

What is your favorite color ?
Craft, Purple/Green, Orange/Pink, Aqua,

Favorite holiday?
Christmas

Favorite stamp company or images you would like to try ?
I am a PTI Junkie and have a lot. I would like to try "There She Goes", Bugaboos ( Stella and Gus are really funny). I like to color with copics- so everything that can be colored is fine. BUT i like it not tooooo cute.

Just for fun, your favorite snack or treat ?
Licorice, pretzels with flavor

Hobbies?
Reading, Diving, travelling, beeing in the nature

Any special info your Sis should know?
I easy to please
Old 07-31-2012, 03:59 PM   #47
Die Cut Diva

Heather, LOL. Good question. I don't really know how or why I chose Angie1974. It was just kind of random, and it stuck.

Okay, I am completely lost with this Group thing. Can anyone give me a short summary of how it works?!
Old 07-31-2012, 04:00 PM   #48
Die Cut Diva

Oops, never mind! Apparently I can't read, LOL.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:08 PM   #49
Hardware Hotshot

You just randomly picked it?!! Hmm, I would have guessed that Angie was an animal that you loved and had in 1974. Though I just noticed that Imke was born in 1974! That actually kinda depresses me since I was 7 then and happily wearing tie-dye and listening to disco. {whimper} I feel old.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:09 PM   #50
Hardware Hotshot

And oh my stars, Heather ... that new picture of Claire is sooooo cute!
Old 07-31-2012, 04:11 PM   #51
Die Cut Diva

It totally is!
Old 07-31-2012, 05:33 PM   #52
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
And oh my stars, Heather ... that new picture of Claire is sooooo cute!
Thank you! It's her five month picture. She's getting to be a bit of a camera ham, so it's much easier to get a picture of her smiling now.

I should post the birthday layout/card we made for her Uncle last week. It's pretty cute too.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:35 PM   #53
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
You just randomly picked it?!! Hmm, I would have guessed that Angie was an animal that you loved and had in 1974. Though I just noticed that Imke was born in 1974! That actually kinda depresses me since I was 7 then and happily wearing tie-dye and listening to disco. {whimper} I feel old.
What's disco?

Just kidding!
Old 07-31-2012, 06:42 PM   #54
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Yes Heather, I can't believe how Claire is growing up so fast. I love the new picture.

Ahhh disco, now that was music.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 07-31-2012, 07:52 PM   #55
Die Cut Diva

Cardmaking Likes:
1.Dies of all types.
2.Self-adhesive bling.
3.6x6 patterned paper. I tend to prefer small to medium prints.
4.Flowers of any kind.
5.SU dimensionals are great.
6.Wood-mounted rubber stamps, rubber cling stamps are awesome, and I can never have too many, LOL. As for stamped images/stamps, I like fairies, angels, flowers, birds, nature in general, etc.

Cardmaking Dislikes:
1.Brads, eyelets, fibers.
2.Flat stickers.
3.Clear, acrylic, photopolymer stamps of any type. As for stamps/stamped images, nothing religious, cutesy, or having to do with children. I also don't particularly care for images of food items; ie cupcakes, fruit, etc.

Birthdate:September 2, 1974

What is your favorite color? Blue, although I also love greens and purples. I also tend to prefer silver to gold. I don't mind pink, although I don't care for the pastel variety. I like vivid colors. Red can be good, but I have a very limited use for yellow and orange. Okay, that was probably TMI, sorry!

Favorite holiday? Probably my birthday. And than Christmas.

Favorite stamp company or images you would like to try?Fairies, angels, flowers, birds, dragonflies, insects. For stamp companies, I like Hero Arts, Gina K, SU, House Mouse, most of them, really.

Just for fun, your favorite snack or treat?

Hmm....I have taken a liking to chocolate-covered pretzels lately. Also love licorice allsorts. Sugar of any kind is good, although I shouldn't be eating it, LOL. However, having said that, please NOTHING that is sugar-free. You DO NOT want to know what it does to one's digestive system. I'll spare you the details.

Hobbies?Reading, listening to music, stamping, card-making, walking, spending time with friends.

Any special info your Sis should know?Not that I can think of.

PLEASE NOTE: My mailing address has changed. I know some people like to send out the card kits early, but my preference for the month of August (if no one minds, and I think it would simplify things) is that my kit (s) be mailed out closer to the end of the month, as I don't move into my new home until August 17.

Angela,
I will PM you my new mailing address.

Last edited by Angie1974; 07-31-2012 at 07:55 PM.. Reason: add information
Old 07-31-2012, 08:04 PM   #56
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie1974 View Post
PLEASE NOTE: My mailing address has changed. I know some people like to send out the card kits early, but my preference for the month of August (if no one minds, and I think it would simplify things) is that my kit (s) be mailed out closer to the end of the month, as I don't move into my new home until August 17.
Lynne, you're third on the list, so your month is October for your group. You send out kits for each month EXCEPT October, when you'll receive a kit from the other three (or four) people in the group. That's why it's called a Card Kit Shower. You get "showered" for one month.

So no worries about kits not making it to you during August!

And, congrats on the new place. I take it you found one you liked?
Old 07-31-2012, 09:01 PM   #57
Watercolor Wizard

Heather....Claire is so-so big...isn't it amazing how fast they grow up? And how they all of a sudden have this personality out of the blue? One minute they are your size baby....next QueenieJO's size boy's., then Angela's kids just on the cusp of teen-hood,...then they are boxing in an MMA fight! Aaaargh and in college---I haven't even got to Patti's/Linda's/Denise's/Vickie/Pat/Tracie's age range! I swear to God it happens overnight....Poof...before you know it they are back-talkin' adults who think they know the world...but then stop and ask to make sure!!! -->that's their soft underbelly!!!

Old 07-31-2012, 09:08 PM   #58
Watercolor Wizard

Well, signing off-in 8 hours I will be dropping Muddy off at the Vets---I am hopeful and he's a tad mad at me for not letting him have his chewy bone treat tonight...I have lil' notes.."Don't give Muddy any plate lickin' or goodies until he gets home from the Vet!" plastered by the TV and stove area...I skipped his "creme' chez snack with the dose of Phenobarbital (his nightly meds) b'cuz I give it to him while I make DH's lunch....he knows something is up...I just pray its nothing for him to have this done...he has had his bumps and bruises...and is limited in his capabilities...so...keeping a stiff lower lip for the big drop off tomorrow...(yeah...right-who do I think I am....Super Mom?)

Old 07-31-2012, 10:50 PM   #59
Die Cut Diva

Please fill out the following questionnaire and post to the thread in order to help your Sis get to know you:

Cardmaking Likes:
1. Flowers and Buttons
2. Design Paper
3. Self adhesive Pearls and Bling

Cardmaking Dislikes:
1. flat Stickers
2. Chipboards

Birthdate:
October 15

What is your favorite color ?
I use a lot of red in cardmaking but like aqua, teals and most all colors.

Favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving and Halloween

Favorite stamp company or images you would like to try ?
I like Lockhart stamps and always like to try anything new...not crazy about the big head and eyes girls.

Just for fun, your favorite snack or treat ?
love trail mix or any sweet salty mix

Hobbies?
Reading, old movies, spending time with family & friends

Old 07-31-2012, 10:54 PM   #60
Die Cut Diva

Heather I love Claire's new photo...what a cutie!!!

Don't want to hear it Joanna...in 1974 I had a two year old daughter!!! LOL!!!
Old 08-01-2012, 04:25 AM   #61
Gabfest Goddess

Good morning!

So happy to see Donelda "drop in"--I'm another who hopes it will be more often than "once in a while"!! ALWAYS happy to have you chat with us, Wiggy!!

Oh, my how BIG Claire has gotten! I can't believe she is 5 months old already!! Didn't you just have your online baby shower, Heather? Like yesterday??? She is absolutely adorable! Glad that she is now a ham and likes to smile for photos...maybe we'll see her face more often, Mommy?

Oh, Sus, thinking about your big, ol', mushy Muddy dog-baby! Hope all goes well and that it's just another lump!

Lynne, I think you get the award for the most detailed answers to the questionnaire. Now, please don't take that the wrong way....I wish I could be that precise in naming my likes and dislikes. Your details make it so much easier for anyone who is putting things together for you!! That is just awesome!

Well, Denise, since your mom got my scrapbook page, and you are there, at least you get to see it, since dummy here didn't mail it to mom's like you asked ...oh well!

Rough night at work last night, I had to be in charge, plus take a patient load, so I am beat! off to bed with me....later ladies!

have a great day!!
Old 08-01-2012, 04:35 AM   #62
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning friends!

I clarified the 1st post as far as months go. Lynne, to answer your question, we will "shower" 1 person with kits each month. Limit is $15-20. You can refer to each person's questionnaire to see their likes and dislikes. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I can take no credit for showering people on their birthday month...that happened completely by chance! Now that you said it, I can see that it's a wonderful idea; I messed up with Jessica though, because her birthday is in September.

Patti, your scrapbook page came...it is lovely! Your daughter looks a lot like you!

I have PT this morning and then it's "catch up" day. I'm tackling the mountain of laundry that Ivy brought home...have been working the last 2 days, so there's quite a pile.

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 08-01-2012, 07:31 AM   #63
Hardware Hotshot

Kathy! You won the prize over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday! Congratulations!
Old 08-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #64
Gabfest Goddess

Angela, it's interesting that you would say that my DD looks like me; I do hear that quite a bit. In fact, at Daniel's bowling birthday party for his buddies, I was outside at the bowling alley when one of the parents was going inside and he stopped and said to me, "You must be Rachel's mom, she looks just like you!" This was from someone who had never met me prior to that day. So I guess Rae and I do look like mom and daughter! Poor kid!

Aww, I don't get showered my birthday month--but that's just fine with me....I can celebrate my birthday all week long, then celebrate again the next month with my card kit shower!!

Just thinkin about Susanna-danna and how the Muddy is doing?

Also thinking about the fact that TODAY is August already!! Time to get the first kits in the mail !! Better go read over Heather's questionnaire!

Congrats to Kathy on her win!!

1974...oh brother! I didn't have a two year old, but I did meet my DH that year, got married the next....I'm old, too!

I just got home from a lunch out with a couple of the gals I work with...fortunately I didn't drive, so I had a couple of chocolate martinis with my Asian Chicken salad. I may misspell a few things here....

It's too warm and muggy to get good sleep here today. Hope you are all keeping cool!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #65
Stazon Splitcoast

Heather, Clare is so cute in your new avatar!

Patti, I have had that happen to me on a few occasions as well. People who I don't know have remarked that I "must be Jane's daughter". Funny how strong the resemblance can be! One lady at work calls Ivy my "mini me" too. Of course, Ivy does not like that! LOL

Susanne, have you heard anything about Mr. Muddy yet? Hope everything went well at the vet today...I've been thinking of you.

I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 08-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #66
Stazon Splitcoast

Cardmaking Likes:
1. Coordinating or "matchy-matchy" items.
2. Small scale prints; I like to mix them.
3. Felt, bling, pearls, fun brads.

Cardmaking Dislikes:

Birthdate: March 10

What is your favorite color? Pink, but I like a lot of shades. I like brights the most, earth tones the least, but I use all as it just depends what matches the DP I'm using.

Favorite holiday? Halloween and Christmas; I enjoy making holiday cards.

Favorite stamp company or images you would like to try? I don't know, I like a lot of different things. I guess you would call my style "cute"...I get a kick out of Changito, Fluffles the cat, etc. I like images that are easy to color. The Paper Smooches stamps are intriguing to me.

Just for fun, your favorite snack or treat? Hershey Nuggets: Extra Creamy Milk Chocolate with Toffee and Almond. I like candy that is chocolate, caramel, nutty or minty. In the winter I like to drink lattes. All year around, I drink Crystal Light Wild Strawberry.

Hobbies? My kids' activities, reading, baking, sewing.

Any special info your Sis should know? I really am easy to please and am excited for this new round!

Old 08-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #67
Watercolor Wizard

Hi All ...wrote my Muddy story on Round #8! Ooops...

Patti--thanks for your good thoughts--this is tough stuff--I was all wiggly today trying to keep busy--even dragged out the vacuum cleaner! OY! Now the eebbie geebies -- forcing me to clean--not pretty! Muddy is fine--we'll find out the results in a few days or so...picking him up at 5:45 unless otherwise noted (they initially told me he was staying over) so I was surprised by this...must be good news...

Also..Patti again..you know I was jokin' ya about the "nostampitis" bit? Just me being goofy across the hall---in Round #9

thundering///raining...better get off here....signing off until later!

Old 08-01-2012, 01:03 PM   #68
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks everyone for your comments on Claire. I will try to post more pictures, but sometimes it's hard to keep up!! LOL. She's so adorable though..who knew you could love a little being so much!

Angela, I haven't gone back to read your rules, but are we still sending two kits? Or AT LEAST one kit and goodies for a total of $15 to $20?

Question for the group, what are your favorite extras in kits? Sentiments? Punched shapes? Embossed pieces? Extra images? Extra patterned paper?

I think Claire and I are going to get out for a walk. It's a beautiful day and we've been inside alot this week.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #69
Hardware Hotshot

Oooh good question Heather. Hmm, for me I would say extra paper. I mean, I love it all (images, sentiments and embossed stuff) but when I settle down to make a card, sometimes the piece of DP that I adore will have an equally amazing backside ... and then there is a problem!

It's so hot here today that I can't even envision walking outside. I'm having a low blood sugar right now (I'm 42, normal is 80) so I'm extra hot. I just asked TJ to "give me 5 minutes" to start feeling better. He asked if he could set the timer. (sigh)
Old 08-01-2012, 07:56 PM   #70
Watercolor Wizard

Heather---When Kala (my first baby) was brand new--and up until High School ha-ha...I think I have pictures of her in every outfit-- We have this lil' scrapbook of just 4x6 pictures of her in goofy clothes, dress up clothes...party clothes...Omgosh, I loved dressing her in different outfits--girl clothes are much "funner" than boy clothes--My boys started to get fussy around age 3-4 and they only liked "certain styles"...Not K...she was always happy about the clothes I bought her! Shane was big on capes--I bought action figure pillow cases-split the seams and sewed in a ribbon to tie around their necks --each of my boys were wild about these "homemade" capes! Who knew one pillow case would be hours of such fun in underwear with or w/o socks!!!?

Kala's hair was fair and light with a hint of red--when she was a baby(you would never know this today--thick gorgeous hair)..anyway, I'd dress her in pinks, purples-obviously very girlie clothes/shoes...and people would say..."What a cute boy?" huh? I finally found those velcro stick on bows--and would use them until her hair grew in! Have fun...in a blink of an eye, they grow up!

Old 08-01-2012, 08:01 PM   #71
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Oooh good question Heather. Hmm, for me I would say extra paper. I mean, I love it all (images, sentiments and embossed stuff) but when I settle down to make a card, sometimes the piece of DP that I adore will have an equally amazing backside ... and then there is a problem!

It's so hot here today that I can't even envision walking outside. I'm having a low blood sugar right now (I'm 42, normal is 80) so I'm extra hot. I just asked TJ to "give me 5 minutes" to start feeling better. He asked if he could set the timer. (sigh)
tic-toc-tic-toc...poor girl....your darlings are funny---very literal!

Lately these hot flashes keep me from sleeping in my bed--it's just cooler downstairs--unless we have a really hot night and use our AC in our room (but somebody doesn't like the AC/ceiling fan)---more heat/humidity and 90s this weekend! On HOT-HOT nights I announce the options---I am going to sleep in the AC...either I put the big one on downstairs or I go to our room! WIN!!!!

Old 08-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #72
Watercolor Wizard

Hello Group 1---I have copied and printed your likes/dislikes...already have my wheels turning on these--I am putting them in my special purse w/ coupons inside my purse so I have you with me until December!

I am thinking this is going to be a super fun swap--no secrets....just send and surprise!

Room Question: Is it still okay to make something different other than a card in a "shower gifts"...some altered item or something totally different?

Old 08-01-2012, 11:39 PM   #73
Glitter Guru

Ohhh boy.....how long i donīt checked in....a week or just 2 days ??? LOL

Heather- Claire looks beautiful and she is growing so fast. Sweet pic-thanks for sharing !

Joanna- Yes i was born in 1974- means i turned 38 in December ! You're only 7 years older ? Hey, this is nothing ! Your kids keep you young- you see, they give you just 5 minutes to relax ! LOL

Susanne- Iīm glad that Muddy survived the surgery so well. I keep my fingers crossed for goog results.
For me, every gift is appreciated. Surprise me
Old 08-02-2012, 03:41 AM   #74
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Imke is right, I think anything is appropriate.

Susanne, I used to dress up Ivy really cute when she was little too, and she put up with it well. I loved Gymboree where you could get matching accessories...so cute! When we wanted to potty train her, I bought Hello Kitty panties and that did it. Davis was a bit different though. Although he enjoyed wearing Spongebob underwear, he was not interested in potty training...at all! He would wear about 3 pairs over his clothes or pajamas. I also tried to save money and handed down Ivy's pajamas to him...they were pink, but I figured nobody would see so it would be no big deal. Well when he was about 2, that's pretty much all he wanted to wear. It was such hassle that I finally gave up...he actually went to pick Ivy up from pre-school wearing pink footie jams! LOL You need to know when to pick your battles! I really should find some pics and show him his girly phase.

What is everybody doing today?

Old 08-02-2012, 07:36 AM   #75
Gabfest Goddess

Hi All! Just thought I'd drop in for a quick minute...

I must have misunderstood...we are sending TWO kits to the person being showered that month, correct? Okey dokey!

Oh, Sus, I knew you were kidding about my "no-stamp-itis"!! But I wasn't kidding about no stamps in the kits sent to me the month I get showered. I have limited space in my little bungalow, and even though I have a craft "room"/office, the space is limited there also. Plus, I am blessed with an over-abundance of stamps (which, you, my MA BFF, well know ), some of which I have yet to get inky. So I would much prefer images...nope, not sick, just thrifty/conservative/"green".

Now to answer Heathers "room question" (great question, Heather!): Hmmm, for my favorite extras in a kit, I would have to say, cut or punched shapes/borders. I don't have a lot of dies and some of the kits I've received have had some awesome die cuts and borders that I'd never seen before! I really like the die cuts that I can make homemade flowers from, too!

I have Daniel today, though "Pa" has taken him out on an errand. I'm thinking they'll be back soon. Only a few more weeks of my twice a week "Daniel days", then he starts kindergarten August 29! Though I will be picking him up from school every afternoon...

Working tonight at 11 pm. I'm liking the eight hour shifts so much better!

Have a terrific Thursday, ladies!
Old 08-02-2012, 07:48 AM   #76
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Good morning

Did a little shopping at Archivers yesterday and found some thingies for the August cardkit...

Now, I'm confused...Patti mentions we shower with 2 kits per month??? I was only planning one kit per month with product up to $15 - $20...please help unconfuse me!
Old 08-02-2012, 07:50 AM   #77
Hardware Hotshot

Yes ... I thought it was one kit too
Old 08-02-2012, 08:22 AM   #78
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi ladies, it's just 1 per person the month they are being "showered".

Old 08-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #79
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks for clarifying that it's ONE kit. That was my original understanding then I thought I saw two, that's why I posted earlier. Sorry for the confusion. I had planned for one kit also, then a post I read made me think differently. Glad to know it is 1 kit!!
Old 08-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #80
Die Cut Diva

Heather,

Okay, I think I get it now, LOL. And thank to you everyone, who asked about the number of kits. Good to have that clarified.
Closed Thread