Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree88Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #281
Hardware Hotshot

Tracie, my parents are both retired and one of Dad's retirement hobbies/jobs is to manages their money. He's always trying to outdo the professional managers. The funny thing is, he always jokes that if the stock markets don't improve, my mom will have to go back to work (no mention of him finding something!!)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #282
Die Cut Diva

Vickie,

LOL. You are too funny.

And I am relieved to hear I'm not the only one walking around with semi-black fingertips. And when they call that ink permanent, they mean it!
Old 01-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #283
Stazon Splitcoast

Angela, the plan for Ivy sounds awesome! I think she is such a smart young lady and beautiful too! Also sounds like she has good common sense so looks like she will be well prepared for her trip. I would also buy from Ivy if you figure out a way to ship.

Susanne, so glad it was only thermostat..could have been so much worse.

Tracie, you will all be the first to know when I get it. Of course that doesn't mean I'll know what to do with it.

Sounds like the new house is shaping up very nice Jo. Can't wait for you to show us your sewing or craft room.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 01-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #284
Hardware Hotshot

Our phone bill is $150 but Ken doesn't text or have a smart phone. Next time he wants to get an iPhone so I'm sure that our bill will increase. We have Verizon but don't love them. Ironically we were thinking about going back to Sprint! Our only other choice is T-Mobile since we can't get AT&T up here.

So my MIL sent me a nasty e-mail today. It hurt my feelings so much. Essentially she accused me of not warning her that Caleb was sick at Christmas and giving her his cold, spoiling my children, being greedy and she ended the note telling me that I "needed to seek professional help" with my weight since I "obviously can't control {my} caloric intake." I thought about what my mom would say and I know that she would tell me to ignore it. But I'm obviously incapable of turning the other cheek because after 6 hours of thinking about it, I was still ready to cry. So I responded. It's probably like pouring Napalm on a campfire but darn it ... I didn't want to be a doormat. When I asked Ken he said to respond if I wanted (and honestly, HIS answers were FAR meaner than mine). What do you think ... should I have ignored her note or just apologized profusely?
Old 01-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #285
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Joanna, I also would have responded in a nice way with a mean undertone!!! I would be burning mad...at first I would cry and then anger would set in. At least you waited 6 hours to respond! Here's my nice response: I totally agree about my weight and caloric intake...that's why we no longer will have holiday dinners, or if we do have them, I will only serve the foods that will provide a leaner caloric intake for everyone; but knowing that you prefer the traditional menu, we know that you will not want to attend, which is a blessing in itself because you would not then be exposed to any germs my kids or any of our guests would have to offer. But please, know you are welcome in our home anytime...at your own risk of course, cause germs are floating around and I don't want you to get sick. I'm only thinking of your health!

I could get on a roll with that kind of response, but in reality, it's not worth the stress it can put you through. No response can be almost as good...the message beng to the MIL that you don't deserve a response!

Okay, I'm off to bed. Hope everyone sleeps tight, and will have a terrific Thursday!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:21 PM   #286
Glitter Guru

Susanne- 400 dollar cell phone bill each month ? It would kill me LOL Came to me out of the question. I use my cell phone only for sms and emergency. I pay no more than 50 euros a year !
Glad that the new thermostat installed. What a hassle.

Tracie- I think it's great to retire. You have to enjoy life too. I don´t know the US system. Is there a state pension with you or you have to make provisions for everything yourself ?

Joanna- What a stupid message is that ? You can not ignore that. My response would be nice and ironic like Vickie´s. It made me giggle.

Thanks for all your comments on my blog. I'm really proud and happy that I am in the design team from "From the Heart Stamps" previously "Designed2Delight". I wish you good luck in the draw !!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:33 PM   #287
Glitter Guru

Default Mail Call !!

Susanne´s card kit shower arrived yesterday after 6 weeks on the road !! HORRAY !!

I get a wonderful christmas stocking with lots of great things. Graphic45 paper and stamp. That challenges me to make vintage card LOL
A christmas tree die, Ribbon, Bells and Buttons, Sticker and Rhinestones. For my birthday ear rings and a selfmade bracelet with a scrabble part. Oh, and delicious peanut butter candies. Thanks Susanne !!!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:31 AM   #288
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanna, I would have had to answer that even knowing it was probably best to keep quiet. That was very rude of her and very obnoxious. You were amazing to wait for 6 hours. I would have been hurt and cried to but like Vickie I would have got very mad and probably not put my response nearly as well as Vickie did. That was a great answer but I never think of the good answers until after it is all said and done. You go girl!!
I would really like to tell that woman how lucky she is to have you for a DIL and what a rude person she is. Someone needs to tell her. I guess Ken is used to dealing with her. He must not take after his Mother. We love you Joanna.

I'm off to get a perm. I desperately need it. I kept putting it off when Glenn was sick and my hair looks like a rats nest.

Imke, so glad you got Susanne's pkg. Maybe there is still luck that you will get Denise's pkg. I know it was mailed just a few days before Christmas. Crossing my fingers.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 01-17-2013, 08:09 AM   #289
Hardware Hotshot

Oh Joanna!! That's horrible!!! Do you need a letter writing campaign on your behalf? I'm sure we could all come up with something a little different and meaningful to send to your mother-in-law on her behalf.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #290
Glitter Guru

Currently the post seems to take a long time. When she sent it, as you say, it also depends. So far, everything has arrived.

I am still waiting for my PTI swap. Vickie and Tracy have also participated. It was also sent out before Christmas. I´m patient - i can do nothing but wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
Joanna, I would have had to answer that even knowing it was probably best to keep quiet. That was very rude of her and very obnoxious. You were amazing to wait for 6 hours. I would have been hurt and cried to but like Vickie I would have got very mad and probably not put my response nearly as well as Vickie did. That was a great answer but I never think of the good answers until after it is all said and done. You go girl!!
I would really like to tell that woman how lucky she is to have you for a DIL and what a rude person she is. Someone needs to tell her. I guess Ken is used to dealing with her. He must not take after his Mother. We love you Joanna.

I'm off to get a perm. I desperately need it. I kept putting it off when Glenn was sick and my hair looks like a rats nest.

Imke, so glad you got Susanne's pkg. Maybe there is still luck that you will get Denise's pkg. I know it was mailed just a few days before Christmas. Crossing my fingers.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #291
Glitter Guru

Joanna, that is awful! I'm kind of like Linda, always think of a witty comeback a bit too late. I've learned to ignore my MIL when she is unkind. Just easier for me, I hate confrontation. Hope you are feeling better today, sounds like she just was nasty to you about everything! You so don't deserve that, you are a great person!
Hugs~Kathy
Old 01-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #292
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Our phone bill is $150 but Ken doesn't text or have a smart phone. Next time he wants to get an iPhone so I'm sure that our bill will increase. We have Verizon but don't love them. Ironically we were thinking about going back to Sprint! Our only other choice is T-Mobile since we can't get AT&T up here.

So my MIL sent me a nasty e-mail today. It hurt my feelings so much. Essentially she accused me of not warning her that Caleb was sick at Christmas and giving her his cold, spoiling my children, being greedy and she ended the note telling me that I "needed to seek professional help" with my weight since I "obviously can't control {my} caloric intake." I thought about what my mom would say and I know that she would tell me to ignore it. But I'm obviously incapable of turning the other cheek because after 6 hours of thinking about it, I was still ready to cry. So I responded. It's probably like pouring Napalm on a campfire but darn it ... I didn't want to be a doormat. When I asked Ken he said to respond if I wanted (and honestly, HIS answers were FAR meaner than mine). What do you think ... should I have ignored her note or just apologized profusely?
OMG!!!! No she didn't?!!!! I'm so emotional still so I cried too! What a Witch! I'm sure you cried for 6 hours! That lady is a mean old bitty! First of all Ken loves you for you! He is the one that counts. You are a great Mother and she has no idea what you go through everyday. I can turn the other check just so much, but all that was just to much! You other ladies are just to darn nice. I would have told her to just stay away from me and my family. That way she wouldn't have to worry about getting sick or visiting with your spoiled children and she wouldn't have to look at your carloric induced body and that will save you both visits for professional help! I'm so sorry for being rude but that was uncalled for.

Everyone please forgive me!
Old 01-17-2013, 03:43 PM   #293

Lena, you and I are on the same wave length about Joanna's nasty MIL!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday and a fabulous Friday tomorrow.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:03 PM   #294
Watercolor Wizard

Wow--QueenieJO--What in the world is wrong with your MIL? How dare she! I say make her some POO PIE like the sweet ladies in the movie (name here)...Omgosh, she has some nerve! How dare she?

Was Ken embarrassed or does she do this type of thing all the time and its old news from her? What awful things to say to anyone let alone your DIL--does she want to cut off all ties with her grandkids? Like a lil' 'snot' hurt anyone? Oh I would be flaming mad and I think telling her how much her words hurt would be better revenge then throwing mud pies back at her...give her something to think about...and use some of her "weaknesses" back at her!

I am like you Vickie--I'd cry first then get angry!

What an awful thing to receive from your own family...We LOVE YOU QueenieJO--to hell with her!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 01-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #295
Watercolor Wizard

Imke! AMEN! It finally arrived--sorry so heavy on Christmas but I was throwing luck to the wind in the hopes it would have arrived at least close to your birthday!

I was at my PO today--with 2 pairs of my ol' Levi's getting a weight estimate for mailing to my BIL. He could buy Levi's in the UK for $80-$90 dollars a pair. But, here, they are $40 at JCPENNEY--so I had to tally up 2 pairs plus shipping costs for them. My PO guy said the cheapest would be in the Medium size flat box--but it didn't look like 2 pairs of men's Levi's would fit in there for $48.00...or a padded envy $52.00...we'll see if they still want them...Might be mentally cheaper for them to just buy 1 pair there--no hassle and get them that day? Either way, they would MoneyGram the $$ to me in advance (which has a charge too)

Old 01-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #296
Die Cut Diva

Wow Joanna, one thing about emails, you can just delete the next one and not read it. I think she has said enough.

Gosh Imke I remember sending kits to you and you would get them in two weeks!! You just never know. Seems like Canada always took longer than Germany though. Glad you are enjoying a Susanne kit!! They are always fun.

Linda hope you are a curly head this evening!!

Looking forward to the weekend. It's almost here!!
Hope everyone has a nice evening.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #297
Watercolor Wizard

Susanne- 400 dollar cell phone bill each month ? It would kill me LOL Came to me out of the question. I use my cell phone only for sms and emergency. I pay no more than 50 euros a year !
Glad that the new thermostat installed. What a hassle.

Imke--We got rid of our "land line"-no house phone. We all have our own phones in the house and no one was calling or using the house phone except me. Little by little, no one was calling the house-once all three kids got their own phones. I think the US has more expenses tied into cell usage here--My sis and BIL were appalled that our cell phones were on contracts and so expensive here--in the UK if you cell phone breaks--you simple go get another one for FREE?! HUH? They tried to buy me a cell (as a gift) when they were here and the guy at the "Verizon" counter would not sell them one--said I have a contract and it would be like opening 2 contracts for 2 phones for me! Plus, their cost for the phone was over $400 because they would have to buy it outright!!! {They learned real quickly that this gift was NOT an option for me! haha}

Imke--everything is expensive--bought 100 gallons of oil this week $350 (this only lasts for about 3-4 weeks in this house)...$20 is only a 1/4 of a tank of gasoline...we are constantly handing $to the boys for car gas "petro"! Groceries--I remember the days when 1 grocery bag was $20...now it's like $40-$50...just basic stuff that you need to make meals! I don't even want to talk about taking 3 kids to the dentist for teeth cleaning--$600! (All this is "free" in the UK--my niece got her braces for free--we paid $15,000 for my three to get straight teeth!) Insurance doesn't cover braces here.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:26 PM   #298
Watercolor Wizard

One more thing--sent a package (surprise) to my sis in UK--it arrived in 5 days last week! Out of the blue she was texting and emailing how much she LOVED her goodies???? 5 day's--again, there must have been a plane flying out that afternoon (from the back of my PO!!!)

Pat--you are right--delete and forget the "poo pie" hahahahahahaha...Let her MIL soak in her awful words to QueenieJO--best revenge--don't lower yourself to her level...I like the way you think! But it really made me mad sad when I read that {{{{{QueenieJO}}}}}...

Old 01-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #299
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Joanna - I really feel for you. My Step Father occasionally sends nasty e-mails to his step-daughters (me included) and not his daughters. It always hurts our feelings and has actually divided our family. My DH (Bless his heart) keeps me from saying what I want to say.

It comes down to - I have no tolerance for mean people. Joanna - we are all behind you.

Imke - my husand has a pension since he works for our city government. Small but at least something. I am teaching a class tomorrow - valentine tray. I really need to put it on my blog. My camera is stuffed full of stuff - just need to get it uploaded.

Hope our February girls are getting ready for some fun. I am collecting some fun things for my groups.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 01-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #300
Die Cut Diva

My kits are being mailed out tomorrow because my February girl lives two or more weeks away!! Let me know when it reaches your house Heather!!
Old 01-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #301
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes Pat, tonight I have curls. My hair stylist said she had never seen my hair that long and didn't ever imagine that I would let it grow that much. It wasn't by choice, just waiting for Glenn to get better and it took him forever to get well. I feel so much better because when you know you don't look good or nice you don't want to go out in public

I've been working on my Feb. kit today. It is almost finished.

We were discussing cell phone bills tonight with our Grandson Ty. He is thinking of switching to the Walmart phone someone on here mentioned. He said another Grandson Travis and his wife had them and they received everything loud and clear and worked great for them and saved them $40.00 a month. Ours is not to high because Glenn won't use anything but a plain cheap little cell phone and I do have a smart phone but am thinking of going back to regular phone because I have wi fi at home an ipad and 2 computers at home so why do I need a smart phone? It would save me about 45.00 to change but I am afraid I might miss my internet so don't know yet what I will do, probably save the money and use it on craft stuff...lol!!

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 01-17-2013, 11:09 PM   #302
Glitter Guru

Susanne- I know that problem with Levi´s Jeans. LOL In Germany they cost also so much. Unbelievable is not it ? We've also been thinking about ordering in the US. But in these postage costs, you save not really.

In Germany, too, everything has become expensive. Electricity, gas, food, fuel ...Our income stays the same and the cost increases. This is now the price we all pay for the financial crisis. In the US and in hole Europe. I thinkg the German social system is better than in the U.S., but a brace must also be paid by yourself. There are so many things that are out of balance.

Tracie- If your income is enough, stop working and enjoying life ! I would do it ! Have fun with your class.

Pat- You´re right with your package. Normally it takes 10-14 days. But it can also already take up to 6 weeks.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:59 AM   #303
Gabfest Goddess

Hi ladies. Sorry I haven't had time this past couple of weeks to chat here...worked 7 out of 8 nights and been exhausted. Had hoped to catch up on sleep yesterday before heading out for my first of two crafting weekends today. But got a text from our son at 8:30 am our time (6:30 am in Phoenix) that DIL's water broke and grandbaby was on the way. DS was so good at keeping us up to date...the texts were flying fast and furious until our little Esme Rose arrived at 1:10pm Phoenix time! She weighed 7 pounds exactly and was 19 1/2". We are thrilled to welcome our new little granddaughter!

Of course I need to share photos! At minutes of age, the new little family, and my son with his new daughter!

I promise to come back to chat when I return from my weekend on Monday. I haven't even had a chance to do laundry or pack! Have a wonderful weekend, girls!
Attached Thumbnails
esme.jpg   esme-008-001.jpg   esme-009-001.jpg  
Old 01-18-2013, 04:05 AM   #304
Watercolor Wizard

Patti "Grandma" how precious! How exciting! Congratulations!

So this is the weekend you go to your craft thing ...then fly to AZ? Fun! Enjoy every minute Patti!

Lynn & Angela--no wish list on this swap or did I miss yours while thumbing through the pages?

Lance Armstrong--BOO HISS! I just wish all those guys that came in "SECOND" have their day in the sun! He should be so ashamed of himself...no emotion--he's such a cold fish!

Old 01-18-2013, 04:07 AM   #305
Watercolor Wizard

Have you all been watching the news about the guy from Notre Dame that had this 'girlfriend' on line--some mystery about it being a joke...

We were discussing this at dinner last night--Tom mentioned how I have these relationships with my friends on here--how "real" they are even though I have not met any of you in person...How can a college boy fall in love with a woman on line and not want to visit her--especially since she was so ill--how can this be a fraud? We think more will come out about this topic--just an interesting concept and it's our children's way of life--internet vs. real life!

Old 01-18-2013, 04:10 AM   #306
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanstampler View Post
Susanne- I know that problem with Levi´s Jeans. LOL In Germany they cost also so much. Unbelievable is not it ? We've also been thinking about ordering in the US. But in these postage costs, you save not really.

In Germany, too, everything has become expensive. Electricity, gas, food, fuel ...Our income stays the same and the cost increases. This is now the price we all pay for the financial crisis. In the US and in hole Europe. I thinkg the German social system is better than in the U.S., but a brace must also be paid by yourself. There are so many things that are out of balance.

Tracie- If your income is enough, stop working and enjoying life ! I would do it ! Have fun with your class.

Pat- You´re right with your package. Normally it takes 10-14 days. But it can also already take up to 6 weeks.
Well, if the Levi's go 'on sale' for $25.00 here--then it's worth it to ship them--but by the time all is said and done--it's not a savings--it's ME running like a chicken with my head cut off buying/shipping and them waiting for weeks for the jeans!

Old 01-18-2013, 04:12 AM   #307
Watercolor Wizard

Oh..guess who is buying a brand new female yellow Lab? Farmer Sharon!!! Yes, her hubby Stephen is a hunter and fishermen. I guess he was recently wish for a hunting dog (aka LAB) and Sharon found a breeder near here--they go to pick out their new puppy this weekend and she arrives in 2 weeks! Omgosh, I am going to be over at their house huggin' and getting my puppy fix!!! I want to introduce their new addition to Muddy and see how he responds to a puppy!

Old 01-18-2013, 05:02 AM   #308
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Susanne - I just had to laugh about your internet tidbit. I wonder which one of us is not a true crafter. HA! I can't believe that he would lie about something like that. Really?

Okay I have a question for everyone. Who all has a Keurig? I know Patti does but was wondering about everyone else.

I am off to update my poor blog. It has been ignored lately. I hope to post pictures from my baby shower last weekend.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 01-18-2013, 05:56 AM   #309
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning everybody!

Still have my crummy cold! I really wanted to sleep in since I work the weekend, but after DS waking me up 2-3 times, I gave up. How come kids don't go to their Dad for stuff?

Lots going on here...as always!

Joanna, how are you doing? I just had to PM you when I saw your post the other night; my MIL IS NOT a peach, so I could totally relate to how you must have felt. Have you put the ugly incident behind you? It is interesting because some here have mentioned MIL who aren't so nice. Why is this? After experiencing my MIL, I am going to bend over backwards to be good to my DIL (someday). I love my son...why would I want to cause him stress by creating problems? I just don't get it! Vickie, your response just cracked me up! There's an art to putting people in there place, nicely and with a smile! LOL

Glad you got all curled up, Linda! You are right, you do feel better if you look good. Ivy left here this morning with bouncy curls...she looked cute.

Patti, what a pretty little gal you have! I love her name too...uncommon, but not weird...perfect! (Ivy's middle name is Rose too!) Her parents look so happy. Enjoy your crop and then your visit.

Imke, Levis have gone up in price too. Davis wears adult sizes and they are from $58-$64 a pair! Ack!

Do you all have fancy cell phones? I wouldn't even have a cell phone if it weren't for my Dad. After 9-11, he went out and got phones for my Mom, sister, and myself and has been paying for them ever since. I just have a basic phone (which is usually uncharged and lying on the bottom of my purse); he asked me a few months ago if I wanted a new one, but I declined...I'm just not into them. It is nice to have in my car if I should get into trouble on the road; I do have a car charger that charges it up quickly. I really aught to go plug it in....

Susanne, you are going to have fun with a puppy in the neighborhood! I wonder how Muddy will respond?

Traci, we have a Keurig, but don't buy the pre-filled cups. Keurig makes a cup that you put the coffee grounds in and can re-use. I think it was only $10, so it has saved a lot of money. Ivy has her own cupboard of coffees and such, she has been drinking it for years.

Wish I knew of a way to ship cupcakes, ladies...Ivy was pleased that you all would want some! She has an appointment with the local paper next week to have her picture taken for a feature story...I think we will whip up a batch for the newspaper staff....

DH and DS give me grief about "internet friends" all the time...that's okay, I don't care! I only have a couple of friends who like to stamp, most of my other friends are clueless about it. Interestingly, I have a lot of friends who don't really have hobbies...I don't know what I would do without a creative outlet....

Off to do some laundry and then I may try for a nap....

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 01-18-2013, 06:18 AM   #310

Good morning!

Patti, Rose is sooo cute and adorable! What a treat when you arrive in AZ!

Angela, I don't have a fancy cell phone, just a regular, no bells and whistles flip phone; and thanks for the reminder to charge it up...I went shopping with my DD yesterday and forgot to turn it off when I got home.

Tracie, I do have a Kuerig, but I don't have it set up yet! My Texas DD got it for me for Christmas about 3 years ago! It's still in the box sitting in the closet...I really do want to start using it. Maybe I'll set it up this weekend and put my old brewer in the closet just incase I miss it. I will need to get one of the cups that Angela mentioned.

I'm still working on my craftroom reorganization....I'm way slow! I do plan to wrap it up this weekend. One of my goals was to see the top of my craftroom desk and I've accomplished that!!

Time to have a little breakfast with my coffee!

Hope everyone has a fabulous, crafty Friday!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:35 AM   #311
Hardware Hotshot

Susanne, you're comment might have got lost in the text, but I think this is the second time I've seen it so I'll repeat it.

Lynne and Angela, Susanne is wondering if you've completed your survey somewhere.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:37 AM   #312
Hardware Hotshot

Joanna, hope you've moved on from the email nasties.

Patti, what a beautiful new granddaugther!! Love the name.

As for the Keurig question, I do not use one. I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but besides that we don't really have the counterspace for one. I like my lattes, though. I have stovetop thing that makes espresso. I just heat up milk and add a little espresso to it. Works for us.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:50 AM   #313
Hardware Hotshot

Tracie: we have a Keurig. I like it but we don't drink a lot of coffee. I think I like it BECAUSE we don't drink a lot. Both Ken and I can get our one cup in the morning and I don't have to clean a pot. My MIL and BIL both drink coffee all day and it just wouldn't be cost effective. It's almost $0.50 for a cup of coffee and Ken worked out that it's about $0.08 for a regular coffee maker. Since he is the soul of thriftiness, he bought one of those little adapter cups so he can use coffee grounds in the Keurig. I don't want to go to the trouble of measuring and cleaning so I still use the pre-packaged K-cups (much to his disgust).

A puppy, Susanne!! How cool that you can get your fix and ... not have the pup. I'm a little disgusted with ours right now can you tell?!! She has destroyed more things this week.. Cardboard boxes are her favorite but toys, furniture, and pretty much ANYTHING she can find on the floor will work too. I have GOT to get her in some training.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:01 AM   #314
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclary View Post

Okay I have a question for everyone. Who all has a Keurig? I know Patti does but was wondering about everyone else.

I have one and love it! I also have the cup that you can add your own coffee. But I like my cups too. I get the Walmart brand they are only $6.00 compared to $12.00 they have the same names! I get hot chocolate for the grandkids so when they are over they can have that when I have my coffee!
I like the Breakfast blend or the Donut Shop favors.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:02 AM   #315
Stazon Splitcoast

Patti congrats on a beautiful granddaughter! That is one proud Dad! Thanks for sharing the pictures. Hope you have a fun weekend!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:12 AM   #316
Stazon Splitcoast

We don't have a Keurig. I do not use one. Glenn is the only coffee drinker and he has a fancy coffee maker he picked out. I don't even know how to work it.

Pattie your new Granddaughter is precious. I love new babies. They look thrilled with her. Can't wait to see a photo of you holding her. Have a great time at your retreat and then trip to hold that precious little girl.

Angela, so sorry you still have your cold.

I was so blessed with a wonderful MIL. She and I traveled everywhere after her son died. She took me on a cruise and we made 4-5 trips west in a 5th wheel travel trailer together. We hooked the trailer up ourselves to the utilities at each stop and unhooked and drove off to the next destination. We visited all kinds of National and State Parks in AZ, New Mex, Utah, Colorado. Our cruise was the Mexican Riviera. She was game for hikes to the arches in 110 degree weather, or in Puerto Vallarta we parasailed and she was 70 yrs. old. She was an awesome lady and I really miss her. I never knew Glenn's Mother. My girls Grandmother was not such a good MIL. Reminds me of Joanna's. I guess I am a OK MIL because Debra loves me and I love her. She is a pretty awesome girl and I tell my son how lucky he is to have her. He said he told her if they were ever to divorce we would keep her and get rid of him. lol!!

I need some info. When I color, I color several images at the same time until I have 5-6 images colored. Then a few days later I put them together into cards at least a few of them. Doing that many cards at once I wreck my room and it is a disaster. Do you have any hints on how to make cards and keep things clean while doing so? It seems I am always cleaning my craft room.

Susanne, sending you a pm.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 01-18-2013, 08:18 AM   #317
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeOnline View Post
Susanne, you're comment might have got lost in the text, but I think this is the second time I've seen it so I'll repeat it.

Lynne and Angela, Susanne is wondering if you've completed your survey somewhere.
Thanks Heather! haha...

Old 01-18-2013, 08:19 AM   #318
Watercolor Wizard

Lynn & Angela...we need your wish list!

Old 01-18-2013, 08:19 AM   #319
Watercolor Wizard

Better?

Old 01-18-2013, 08:22 AM   #320
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
We don't have a Keurig. I do not use one. Glenn is the only coffee drinker and he has a fancy coffee maker he picked out. I don't even know how to work it.

Pattie your new Granddaughter is precious. I love new babies. They look thrilled with her. Can't wait to see a photo of you holding her. Have a great time at your retreat and then trip to hold that precious little girl.

Angela, so sorry you still have your cold.

I was so blessed with a wonderful MIL. She and I traveled everywhere after her son died. She took me on a cruise and we made 4-5 trips west in a 5th wheel travel trailer together. We hooked the trailer up ourselves to the utilities at each stop and unhooked and drove off to the next destination. We visited all kinds of National and State Parks in AZ, New Mex, Utah, Colorado. Our cruise was the Mexican Riviera. She was game for hikes to the arches in 110 degree weather, or in Puerto Vallarta we parasailed and she was 70 yrs. old. She was an awesome lady and I really miss her. I never knew Glenn's Mother. My girls Grandmother was not such a good MIL. Reminds me of Joanna's. I guess I am a OK MIL because Debra loves me and I love her. She is a pretty awesome girl and I tell my son how lucky he is to have her. He said he told her if they were ever to divorce we would keep her and get rid of him. lol!!

I need some info. When I color, I color several images at the same time until I have 5-6 images colored. Then a few days later I put them together into cards at least a few of them. Doing that many cards at once I wreck my room and it is a disaster. Do you have any hints on how to make cards and keep things clean while doing so? It seems I am always cleaning my craft room.

Susanne, sending you a pm.
Linda--I do the same--But, I will use those inexpensive Walmart plastic boxes to separate either projects I am working on...or stages of projects (cards)--this way you have them lined up and as you finish the "stage" you empty the box and move the next one up the line! Think assembly line in theory--it helps keep my desk(s) organized and things don't get mixed up!

Closed Thread