Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree88Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #241
Watercolor Wizard

I am a light-light pink (2 steps up from clear-just to add a light healthy pink tone) or a bubblegum/raspberry pink type of gal! Toes only since I am a clod with fingernail polish and schmear my cards if I do my nails!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:31 PM   #242
Pearl-ExPert

JCI.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:26 AM   #243
Glitter Guru

Kathy- Oh yes, our men would have fun ! He also always look for new recipes. He has already ordered new chilli seeds. In the summer, he wants to try a new hot sauce.

Joanna- WOW the BG colors are wonderful !!

Linda- Iīm glad that Glenn is feeling better ! Great news.

Vickie- I mostly use only Colorless nail polish. Rather a nail hardener. Unfortunately they are very fragile.

Happy Monday to everyone !!
Old 01-14-2013, 04:36 AM   #244
Watercolor Wizard

Mid-terms week here at high school; it means seniors (Patrick) goes today to school for 2 classes--home by 10am...off T, W, TH, back on Friday for 2 classes! He's on the 'senior slide' now...he's already made it into West Virginia University! Now the colleges start answering all the applications! Exciting news for him! My baby will be in college next fall!!! It also means that my two clowns will be around the house all week! Gosh are they nosy when they get going! They both bought new golf clubs with their Dick's gift cards for Christmas and because we are having such "balmy" weather here--they have actually been using them at the golf range--bucket of balls anyone?! So their having fun!

Old 01-14-2013, 06:42 AM   #245
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Joanna, since I can't get into MFT site I can only post a pic of one of the cards that MADE me WANT that set!

peace by Shel9999 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers garden

Isn't it just the cutest!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:02 AM   #246
Stazon Splitcoast

Vickie, I went to Michelle's card and thru her page got into MFT just fine. That stamp is really cute and it is $9.00. I had to make myself get off that page. I was tempted to order and I promised myself I would not do it.

I talked to Nickie last night. She said Denise is sleeping a lot during day and up most of the night in a lot of pain and I believe she is very depressed due to their financial situation. No one is telling me this, I just believe when she shuts herself off from me that is what has happened. In the past she has done this hoping I won't know what is wrong with her as she does not want to worry me. Nickie also said she has a bad cold that she can't get rid of and she told me a couple of weeks ago she is having problems with her only eye that has sight. If you would say a prayer for her I would appreciate it. It is unusual for her to go over a few days without calling me and I have only talked to her once since Christmas.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 01-14-2013, 07:19 AM   #247

Wow! Thank you Linda! I went in to MFT from her card and got in okay! Have two of those cute doodle garden stamps in my basket, just need to find a few more thingies that I told myself I wasn't going to order!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:26 AM   #248

Yippee! I just sent ahead and ordered the two stamps, nothing else. Didn't want to jinx it! LOL Linda, big hugs to you for suggesting to get into MFT through the link in the card I posted.

Pardon my excitement about this!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:42 AM   #249

Joanna, had to chuckle at your teacher voice episode! My DH is the same way!! When we are out and about and kids are not "behaving" as he thinks they should, he says he goes into "teacher mode" to get things settled down, and it works! Most parents say thanks!

Back to sorting and trying to find some semblance of organization, not going to well; think I'm ready to stop for awhile and put what I don't have "sorted" into a tub and call it quits until another day; I want to play instead of organize!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:10 AM   #250
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
Vickie, I went to Michelle's card and thru her page got into MFT just fine. That stamp is really cute and it is $9.00. I had to make myself get off that page. I was tempted to order and I promised myself I would not do it.

I talked to Nickie last night. She said Denise is sleeping a lot during day and up most of the night in a lot of pain and I believe she is very depressed due to their financial situation. No one is telling me this, I just believe when she shuts herself off from me that is what has happened. In the past she has done this hoping I won't know what is wrong with her as she does not want to worry me. Nickie also said she has a bad cold that she can't get rid of and she told me a couple of weeks ago she is having problems with her only eye that has sight. If you would say a prayer for her I would appreciate it. It is unusual for her to go over a few days without calling me and I have only talked to her once since Christmas.
Oh Linda I'll infidelity say prayers for Denise I worry about her too. That is not like her that you haven't talked to her since Christmas. I hope Gregg finds something soon! I hope she doesn't have that flu. It some bad stuff.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:13 AM   #251
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
I am a light-light pink (2 steps up from clear-just to add a light healthy pink tone) or a bubblegum/raspberry pink type of gal! Toes only since I am a clod with fingernail polish and schmear my cards if I do my nails!

I also smear my cards sometimes! lol Every once in a while I'll have a red line on my card!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:31 AM   #252

oh, Linda, Denise is and has been in my prayers. Thankfully, Nickie can help keep you updated about Denise. It's tough when our children don't communicate, especially during rough times. Saying prayers for you too as her mom.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:35 AM   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by tackertwosome View Post
I also smear my cards sometimes! lol Every once in a while I'll have a red line on my card!
Not sure why nail polish smears occur; I see it usually when I'm using a smooth white cardstock like SU whisper white. One of my all-time favorite OPI polishes is bogata blackberry with a close second of I'm not really a waitress (or some name like that!) I love the OPI polish names..so creative!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #254
Hardware Hotshot

Vickie: I love those two colors too and you had the "I'm Not Really a Waitress" name right. I LOVE that stamp! Very cute!

Linda: I have a tendency to close myself off from people when I'm down. I never want to be perceived as a whiner (tho I am!) so I tend not to call. I'm sorry that Denise is down. I have both you and Denise in my prayers.

Susanne: Wow, Virginia? What made him choose that one; it seems so far away! I got a chuckle tho. Whenever I was struggling in school I used to threaten to Ken that I was going to give up and transfer to Virginia Tech. I don't know why I chose that one ... probably because it did indeed seem so terribly far from Colorado State (where I went to college in the stone ages)

I'm off to shovel the walk. Bleah snow!
Old 01-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #255

Quick question: Has everyone posted their questionnaire?? I'm missing 2 and quickly scanned each page of the thread and may have overlooked which is very possible for Angela and Lynn??? I print each questionnaire off and as I see something special on a questionnaire I grab it when I can.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #256

OMGoodness! My MFT order just shipped...ordered this morning and it shipped already!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #257
Die Cut Diva

Hello Ladies, I'm trying to catch up on the thread a bit. I was gone all weekend...bet you can guess, yes I went to a scrapbooking retreat in Tennesse. This place was out in the middle of nowhere!! I'm sure it is beautiful in the summer and the B&B was originally a home, when they were unable to sell it after buying a new home the owner came up with the idea of making it into a retreat. It sleeps 12 and was so pretty. I got lots done too. Three of us took everything we needed to make the Graphic 45 calendar. I wanted the 8x8 because I wanted to put it on my desk at work. Believe it or not I have it finished except for December. One of the girls totally finished it!! She said she was going to tweek it a bit with some embellishments she had at home. I knew they would be pretty...I just love Graphic 45 and can't wait for the French Country and Secret Garden to be released.

Linda good wishes going Denise's way...something good will happen for them soon and everything will fall back into place. I'll whisper a little prayer for her tonight. Hope you are feeling okay yourself...I think I saw something about Glen being unwell, I'll go back and read a little more.

Vicki I am having lots of trouble staying away from MFT's too. Do all of you that bought the bow dies love them?? Have you all seen the new dies by Memory Box?? I think they have doubled their line of dies. Haven't ordered anything...still looking.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:42 PM   #258
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Vickie: I love those two colors too and you had the "I'm Not Really a Waitress" name right. I LOVE that stamp! Very cute!

Linda: I have a tendency to close myself off from people when I'm down. I never want to be perceived as a whiner (tho I am!) so I tend not to call. I'm sorry that Denise is down. I have both you and Denise in my prayers.

Susanne: Wow, Virginia? What made him choose that one; it seems so far away! I got a chuckle tho. Whenever I was struggling in school I used to threaten to Ken that I was going to give up and transfer to Virginia Tech. I don't know why I chose that one ... probably because it did indeed seem so terribly far from Colorado State (where I went to college in the stone ages)

I'm off to shovel the walk. Bleah snow!
Ahh snow, I remember that stuff! This 50's weather is for the birds! Patrick chose some Massachusetts schools too He's my socialite--wants to see the world He threw a few far away one's in the mix to see about them?! We have already informed him, if they are not committing to any scholarship moolah--he'll be going local (aka to a MASS school)! He also applied to UNH (Univ of NH and their tuition is $40K--it's a 40 minute ride from here!) I wish that 'out of state tuition' was equal to instate--we'd still have to fly him back and forth for holidays! But, we'll see--this is the senior slide time--midterms and he's basically IN college right now (IN his head)!

I went to St. Norbert's College--and my tuition was $5,000 for a year! Isn't that insane? Of course back then you could also buy a nice car for $5K!

Old 01-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #259
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Quick question: Has everyone posted their questionnaire?? I'm missing 2 and quickly scanned each page of the thread and may have overlooked which is very possible for Angela and Lynn??? I print each questionnaire off and as I see something special on a questionnaire I grab it when I can.
I do the same thing Vickie--tuck 'my crew' into my coupon pouch in my purse...

Old 01-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #260
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Not sure why nail polish smears occur; I see it usually when I'm using a smooth white cardstock like SU whisper white. One of my all-time favorite OPI polishes is bogata blackberry with a close second of I'm not really a waitress (or some name like that!) I love the OPI polish names..so creative!
I think it smears because I accidentally rub my nail across the card stock--just grabbing it fast I guess--I have never noticed the OPI names--will have to ck this out! haha Too cute!

Old 01-14-2013, 05:49 PM   #261
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciae View Post
Hello Ladies, I'm trying to catch up on the thread a bit. I was gone all weekend...bet you can guess, yes I went to a scrapbooking retreat in Tennesse. This place was out in the middle of nowhere!! I'm sure it is beautiful in the summer and the B&B was originally a home, when they were unable to sell it after buying a new home the owner came up with the idea of making it into a retreat. It sleeps 12 and was so pretty. I got lots done too. Three of us took everything we needed to make the Graphic 45 calendar. I wanted the 8x8 because I wanted to put it on my desk at work. Believe it or not I have it finished except for December. One of the girls totally finished it!! She said she was going to tweek it a bit with some embellishments she had at home. I knew they would be pretty...I just love Graphic 45 and can't wait for the French Country and Secret Garden to be released.

Linda good wishes going Denise's way...something good will happen for them soon and everything will fall back into place. I'll whisper a little prayer for her tonight. Hope you are feeling okay yourself...I think I saw something about Glen being unwell, I'll go back and read a little more.

Vicki I am having lots of trouble staying away from MFT's too. Do all of you that bought the bow dies love them?? Have you all seen the new dies by Memory Box?? I think they have doubled their line of dies. Haven't ordered anything...still looking.
Pat--I am still waiting on buying my bow die--I have this great coupon to use at my LSS "AE" and a gift cert...so as long as they get them in by the end of January-I am good to go! I did however, get a tweak email from MFT saying theirs were back in stock--I held firm and didn't click!

Old 01-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #262
Die Cut Diva

Susanne you are a stonger woman than me!! heeheee
Old 01-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #263
Stazon Splitcoast

I was in such a hurry to get my bow die and haven't used it yet but I will. My cleaning is all finished, now to keep my craft room clean is the biggest challenge but I now have room for my cameo whenever it gets here.

I'm glad to hear from you guys that you also withdraw when not feeling well. I also thank all of you for your concerns and prayers for Denise.

I have a Dr. apt. today and will be glad to get that over with. I am not sick but have to go to get my meds refilled through the indian clinic. They ship them to me monthly and if you don't have insurance and they are generic they are free. I do have insurance so they get reimbursed and that helps pay so others continue to get their meds if they don't have insurance. They only carry generic drugs. If they prescribe a med that is not generic you have to pay.

Susanne, won't be long until you have two in college. Wow!! I think Virginia would be a great place to go to school cause I've always wanted to visit there.

Pat, so glad you are having fun although I envy you! lol!!

Vickie, I love those stamps you ordered, or the one I saw. She is a cutie!

Joanna, is the housing market slow in Colorado Springs? Hope you sell it soon, I know you are tired of worrying about it.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 01-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #264
Hardware Hotshot

Linda: I think part of the problem is that the house is in the burned area. It hasn't greened up and you can totally see where the forest fire went through. Maybe people are leery of buying so close to where the fire was despite the fact that I doubt that anything like that happens again anytime soon. Once Spring comes and it starts to green up, and the neighbors have rebuilt their houses, people will come. (she says with hope in her heart)
Old 01-15-2013, 03:10 PM   #265
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Linda: I think part of the problem is that the house is in the burned area. It hasn't greened up and you can totally see where the forest fire went through. Maybe people are leery of buying so close to where the fire was despite the fact that I doubt that anything like that happens again anytime soon. Once Spring comes and it starts to green up, and the neighbors have rebuilt their houses, people will come. (she says with hope in her heart)
I am sure it will happen just like you are saying. The green grass makes a world of difference in how any property looks. It's good that you are using the time to do some work on areas that you mentioned before. I ask because our housing markets here are not very good. They are moving very slow.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 01-15-2013, 03:13 PM   #266
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
oh, Linda, Denise is and has been in my prayers. Thankfully, Nickie can help keep you updated about Denise. It's tough when our children don't communicate, especially during rough times. Saying prayers for you too as her mom.
Thanks so much Vickie. I appreciate all of you so much. I think we have all been through so many things since we started this group, and it is so good to be able to worry or vent with our friends knowing they understand..

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 01-15-2013, 06:20 PM   #267
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciae View Post
Susanne you are a stonger woman than me!! heeheee
Not so much "stronger"...but patient, only b'cuz and especially knowing I have some wicked great coupons burnin' a hole in my pocket and a gift certificate so it's SUPER- FREE if I wait! But I was thinking of going down there to ck it out tomorrow--see...it's eating at me! hahahaha

Old 01-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #268
Watercolor Wizard

Very first thing this morning I hear a strange clicking noise coming from the furnace down here...it's almost the noise of a switch clicking ON/OFF. Of course when I dial Tom (for him to hear it) it doesn't happen. I hang up and BINGO! Then, I went about my morning. I finally get upstairs (2nd floor of the house) and it feels like a sauna up there!??? Huh? Did Tom accidentally flip the thermostat to 85 instead of 65? I look...nope...65! So, I turn it down to 60. By late afternoon--still feels too hot up there--we shut off the heat to the second floor! The heating/cooling guy is coming tomorrow--he offered to come tonight after 5 for time and a half...but I said tomorrow is fine--hope we don't bake overnight! (5" of snow due here by noon)...so maybe a lil' extra heat will feel good up there? Now, we're thinking the first floor feels cooler than 65 degrees! Crazy huh? I swear if its not one thing...its another!

Old 01-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #269
Stazon Splitcoast

Hoping for the best results Susanne. I agree if not one thing it is something else.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 01-15-2013, 10:03 PM   #270
Pearl-ExPert

Speaking of decorating one's fingernails, have any of you tried the Sally Hansen nail polish strips? I have tried them a few times and have had mixed results. If there is a pattern I have to align I am hopeless, but I recently tried a French manicure with sparkly silver tips, and it turned out reasonably well. However, even if I do get my nails looking nice, the effect doesn't last long, between cleaning, household tasks, taking care of the pets, etc. I also quite often have semi-black fingertips from stamping with my Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Good luck getting that off!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:09 AM   #271
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning friends! Lots of chatter going on here....

Yesterday I woke up with a head cold that has thrown me for a loop...it has zapped all my energy! Ack! I have meetings today, then work 5 hours on the floor...it's not so bad to sit in a meeting, but taking care of patients is hard when you don't feel good. Truth be told, it is hard when you do feel good....

Linda, have been thinking a lot about Denise and hope you will hear good news soon. Thinking of you too, friend...hang in there.

Joanna, sending good vibes to you to get that house sold. I bet you are right, as far as the neighborhood being rebuilt and green grass...that should help. Are you enjoying your new house so far? You mentioned new cabinets; how do those look?

Nail polish colors? I like pink...from pale pink to fuschia, but rarely paint my nails. Sometimes my toenails though.... Love the OPI polish! Did you know they used to make lipstick too? That was all I used, but they no longer make it. Lynne, Ivy has used those polish strips...she likes them, but they are spendy I think. MFT has a cute stamp set with the a' la mode girl holding a bottle of polish.

Pat, it sounds like you enjoyed your event...you are always doing something fun...good for you!

Susanne, I hope the furnace will be a small fix....

Ivy is planning a People to People trip the summer of 2014; this is paid for by the student and is expensive, so we are starting our fundraising efforts with Valentine cupcake sales. We have been busy with flyers, advertising, obtaining packaging, etc. We have a page-long list of fundraising things to do, but this was her first choice since she loves to bake. My parents are good friends with a couple whose wife has taken a special interest in my kids. She has volunteered to help, which is great because she knows everybody and is the type that makes things happen...just what we need! This is Ivy's gig...we are here to support/help her along the way, but she will be doing the baking (I will provide the ingredients/packaging...my contribution).

Okay, better get busy; I have a stack of material to read before my meetings. Have a great day everybody!

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 01-16-2013, 07:56 AM   #272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie1974 View Post
Speaking of decorating one's fingernails, have any of you tried the Sally Hansen nail polish strips? I have tried them a few times and have had mixed results. If there is a pattern I have to align I am hopeless, but I recently tried a French manicure with sparkly silver tips, and it turned out reasonably well. However, even if I do get my nails looking nice, the effect doesn't last long, between cleaning, household tasks, taking care of the pets, etc. I also quite often have semi-black fingertips from stamping with my Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Good luck getting that off!
oooh, Lynn, thanks for the "tip!" I haven't tried these yet, but am going to look for these. I know what you mean about black fingertips! LOL
Old 01-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #273

Angela, hope your head cold is better soon. AND, another MFT set I'm going to have to LOOK at (love the enabling!)

I have to share a card I created last night using a cardkit I received from Patti (not sure which round). I like the way it turned out.

Snow Adorable vky by Vickie Y - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 01-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #274
Hardware Hotshot

Cute card, Vickie!!

My MFT dies haven't arrived yet. I think they shipped the 4th, so I hope maybe they get here this week. I MIGHT have some craft time on Sunday. My mom and dad are doing a 46 day South American cruise and leave at the end of the month. Mom wants Claire a few times before she goes, since she'll miss her for six weeks. I think I'll send her there on Sunday and try to craft a bit. I have so many projects I want to work on, but just having trouble getting my butt in gear!!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:54 AM   #275
Hardware Hotshot

Angela: You should have Ivy sell the cupcakes here too! I would totally buy some Andes cuppies. Seriously! Wonder how well they would ship?!!

I have four workmen at the house and as a result, Holli has gotten out FOUR times. No gym for me today since I've probably run/walked over a mile getting her into the house each time. She sooooo needs to work on her "come" because so far she just looks at me, thinks about it and then runs in the opposite direction. Ugh.

The cabinets look good. They installed the new ones in the laundry room (I needed more cabinets and they no longer manufactured them. So I put new ones in and then moved the old ones into my sewing area.) I could have put in a different kind but I wanted them to all match. Yes, I AM a bit OCD but hey, this is the last house I will have. I want it perfect!

They are also replacing the window sills and caulking. The wind whistles through the living room. Finally they will install new lights in the basement because apparently the old owner THOUGHT he was a "handyman" but apparently not so much. He managed to wire it so it blew the entire circuit. After today, it should all be done.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:00 AM   #276
Glitter Guru

Vickie- Beautiful card and i like all the paper piecing !!!

Linda- Sorry to hear those bad or "no personal news" from Denise. Maybe she only need some time for herself. I hope things goes better for her soon. Cheer up, things can only get better ! Think positive !

Jo- I also thing Ii spring the chances are better. It just looks nice from everything. Whether burned or not. Here, at the moment everything looks gray. Beautiful is something else. I hope you have this time and no pressure from the bank.
Angela- The fundraising thing for Ivy sounds great and I am impressed that she does a lot for it. I'm sure the cupcakes are delicious. Much success in the sale !!

Susanne- I hope it gets fixed soon. Wow, your 2 son goes to college ?!?! An expensive year, mh ? I hope he finds a good college. Nearby sure would be nice. But if he has the opportunity to go somewhere else, why not?

New stuff - I have not bought anything new for a long time. The next will be a Corner Chomper. Which is pretty long on my wish list. But no stamps, no paper, and so on. No, I stay hard Letīs see how long.... luckily there was not a must-have for me from the new PTI release.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #277
Glitter Guru

Hop over to my blog. You can win a digi stamp from "From the Heart Stamps"
previously "Designed2Delight"
Old 01-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #278
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Angela - I also think Ivy should ship cupcakes. I would buy also. Wonder how they would ship??

Linda - Still thinking of Denise. Can't wait until you get your new toy. I'm sure you will let us know.

Joanna - Spring is the best time to sell here.

My DH announced that he would like to retire in October of this year. Of course I am a nervous wreck because How do you know if you have enough to retire on. A little more research on my part I guess.

This week I am searching for a new cell phone plan. Sprint is raising our bill $20 starting Feb 1. My husband usually has 60 minutes on his phone and I max out at about 300. Not heavy users by any means. I have been looking at Straight Talk at Walmart. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 01-16-2013, 11:47 AM   #279
Watercolor Wizard

Tracie, no matter what we do--our (4) cell phones equal between $300-$400 a month! We have Verizon...text is part of it...each of the kids can go ON LINE from their phones--I have the freebie (buy it for $50...Verizon sends you a gift card for $50 back)<--why they do this is beyond me--I think they are hoping for some lazy customers to forget about their gift card so they make some money there as well!

So, having said all that--we're tied to Verizon unless we find something better that covers every inch of the USA! I have a friend who buys those "throw away" phones from the convenience store---they are lousy--poor reception and the refillable minutes part is a nuisance.

My brother in OHIO uses Vontage--SP? it's hooked up through his computer (something like that)...but then again--I hear ever other word from our conversation with him! haha

Good luck!

Old 01-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #280
Watercolor Wizard

New thermostat...& bleed the furnace...$204.00! He asked if I wanted a new thermostat on the first floor...I asked how much (thinking that will go next-might as well get it while he's here and I am already paying for the house call of $75...-it's as old as this house) $65...told him I'll wait until it breaks down! haha

Just made a huge batch of CC oatmeal cookies--plan to share with neighborhood! Need to go back them...
So that's about it here-- Have a good HUMP day everyone!

Closed Thread