Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree88Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 04:25 PM   #201
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Wowza Linda! What a great win! Congrats!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #202
Die Cut Diva

Congrats Linda...so happy for you!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:22 PM   #203
Glitter Guru

Linda- Congrats ! That is a MEGA prize !

Tracie- I got your christmas card yesterday after more than 5 weeks on the road ! Thanks for this sweet card and the little goodie inside.

Susanne- Tracieīs card was sent on 03 December and arrived yesterday. You see there is hope

Patti- It's good to be back on track. If you are not traveling, there is enough time at home Your crop vacation in Feb sounds great. I wish you much fun.

Joanna- I saw the Hambo DT Call. I tried it last time and i had no luck. LOL I'll leave it this time. I have my DT position at D2D and that's enough to me. You are taking part ? If so, i keep my fingers crossed.

Vickie- I love to stroll at "Simon Says Stamp". Itīs fabulous store and the shipping cots to Germany are not so high. This is a business in which I would order.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:39 AM   #204
Glitter Guru

I must tell you:

Has anyone of you ever done "ZUMBA" ?
Yesterday I tried it for the first time. A friend took me and it was so much FUN !! I'll go there again. Great music and movement. Among other yesterday we danced the "Gangnam Style" - it was very, very funny.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:37 AM   #205
Watercolor Wizard

Imke--they have that class here in our gym's and health clubs--I have never tried it but I bet it would be fun--

I am getting everyone's responses (late) in my email box--I'll have already read them on this thread or the other threads and two days after the fact they hit my email!!!

Linda--Congratulations on your big win--I had to Google it to see what it was--have fun with that--if you go to their site...it has lots of assistance to get set up--My computer is quite old and I don't think I could set up anything with it--it's also kind of crammed into the wall here--so I would not only have to reconfigure my computer plugs--I'd have to reset my classroom style basement if I got one of those machines--I am curious to know about it though--so do share all the cool things it does with us?!

Patrick had a late start today so we all got an extra 1.5 hours of sleep this morning---sweet!

Today our weather is 7 degrees outside--by Sunday it is supposed to be 52 degrees--crazy January?

Had my very first pedicure yesterday--Happy Feet! I loved it--made another appt for 5 weeks from now...dejavu did I already share this? Feel like I did--maybe I wrote my sister this tidbit! Anyway, my hot raspberry toes are lovely today!

Have a great Wednesday...

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 01-09-2013, 05:28 AM   #206
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Linda, how exciting about your prize! It is cool to see someone you know win something!

Imke, Zumba was really big here...not sure if it is going as strong now though. I bet the "Gangnam Style" was fun! The band will be performing the song for their summer/fall competitions; the flag girls are excited about the routine as they will get to dance. They get to pick their own outfits and are looking at white, sparkly shorts and flowing white tops like the girls in the video. If you havn't seen the video, here it is:

PSY Gangnam Style Official Music Video

Patti, love what you are doing for the March of Dimes! Your vacation sounds exciting...I'll bet you are excited for the new baby to arrive! (Ivy told me yesterday that she was accepted to the 3 day honor band...she is really excited!)

Susanne, I have never had a pedicure...don't know if I would want to put someone through that. Here's a secret about me....I have "twin toes"...my second and third toes are joined, they have a small slit between them. I guess when I was born my Mom wanted to have then surgically separated and the doctor said absolutely not. It has never bothered me and I have never been teased about it, although the kids at school liked to take a peek at my "duck toes". They seemed to be fascinated by it...to me it is just normal. I found out when I was pregnant with Ivy that they are considered to be a birth defect, which was a surprise to me.

My "to do" list is long today, I had better hit it so I can have some fun when the kids get home.

Have a great day everyone!

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 01-09-2013, 06:33 AM   #207
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Angela so happy for Ivy! I know she was very excited!!!!! Good for her!

Oh my goodness I love pedicures! I could have one every week! They make your feet so soft.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:22 AM   #208

Susanne, I LOVE getting a pedicure; like Lena said, wish I could do it every week! But, I usually only get one or two a year. Mainly, before I go to visit my Texas daughter I get one so I can wear sandals at the airport when going through security checkin, easy off and easy on!

Angela, my DD Jenni also has twin toes with a small separation between. Congrats to Ivy for being selected for the concert.

Patti, I remember very well about March of Dimes; here's the reason it has become a part of my life. My dad, my hero contracted polio at the age of 25 with a wife and 2 small children. In the picture I was welcoming him home from a year long hospital stay; I was around 5 and my brother was about 18 months in the picture. At some point after my girls were toddlers, they were amazed to find out that not all grandpa's walked with crutches or sat in a wheelchair! There wasn't anything my dad couldn't do! He was a wood inspector at a local cabinetry factory and they held his job for him, which he continued to work until retirement. I remember when he went someplace to get hand controls on his car so he could drive, as a youngster when I heard he was going to be able to drive again, my young mind translated that to "my dad will be able to move his legs again." When he pulled up driving I ran out to the car and shouted "Let me see you move your legs." It was hard for me to understand that wasn't how it worked! My dad passed away in March 2008 of complications from post-polio syndrome.

Didn't mean to write a book, but the memories just flow!
Attached Thumbnails
family-1954-vky.jpg  
Old 01-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #209
Gabfest Goddess

Happy Wednesday! Though it's not over the hump day for me, my week is just starting! It is beautiful and sunshine-y here in Ohio, with temps in the mid-40's and in the high 50's by the weekend!

Vickie, what an awesome photo of your family!! Those are some wonderful memories of your dad you shared with us! Thanks so much! I remember my mom going around the neighborhood collecting for March of Dimes when I was little. Our family doctor at the time had a daughter who had polio, and I can still remember summertimes where the moms were fearful of kids getting polio at the swimming pool.

Add me to the list of people who love pedicures! I get one every five weeks, summer and winter. I am so spoiled! Just can't stand my feet/toes looking all yucky, and love, love, love those foot massages!

Imke, my DD and I did a Zumba class for awhile. Life just got in the way of us continuing to go, but it sure was fun!! I can just imagine the Gangnam style, lots of laughs!!

Congrats to IVY for being chosen for honor band. Angela, be sure to post photos of the flag girls with the costume they chose.

I've been re-organizing some of my craft room, going for a weekend away on the 18, 19, 20th of January, and decided to take card making stuff instead of scrapbooking. And working on the kits for this round of swaps. I had ordered a bunch of stuff once I knew what group I was in, and most of the orders have come in, so trying to get those things together. Better get back to task, before I have to go meet the bus...have a great day!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:36 AM   #210
Gabfest Goddess

Are you, or anyone you know, interested in some Spectrum Noir markers?? I bought a package of 24 Darks and 24 Pastels, and have decided that I am just going to stick to what little Copics I have (plus I have SU! markers and prisma pencils). I don't want to confuse myself any more than I already am with the plethora of coloring equipment I own. I am willing to sell them (never used) for $25 per set and I will pay shipping. Let me know...
Old 01-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #211
Stazon Splitcoast

Vickie, Glenn thinks a lot of his medical problems come from post polio syndrome. In 1952 in Aug. on his birthday he was taken by ambulance to Tulsa to a hospital especially for polio victims. He was there for 5 months and had to relearn how to walk again. It left his stomach area very weak and he thinks that is why he has had 9 hernia operations. One year later after lots of exercising he was back in good shape and the Army drafted him and sent him to Korea. It was after the Korean war, cold war was going on. Small world sometimes!

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 01-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #212
Stazon Splitcoast

Angela, great news for Ivy. Wish we could all go see her.

Vickie, loved the photo of your family. Great memories. I'm sure that photo means so much to you.

I've never had a pedicure. I have missing toenails and did not want to look more weird and to have 4 nails painted and one not would be weird. I lost the toenails on my big toes due to constant ingrown nails.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 01-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #213
Hardware Hotshot

I too, LOVE pedicures. I'm like Patti and get one every 5 weeks. The way I rationalize it to the hubby is that diabetics have to get their feet examined often, right?!! I think he's on to me but he doesn't fuss much. I just went today (since we are supposed to have snow tomorrow and no one likes to wander around in flip-flops when the weather dips below 30 ... tho I will admit to having done it).

Linda: my mom lost her big toenail when she dropped the garage door on it in the 70's and she still got regular pedis. The nail tech would just paint the skin on her big toe. I say, get a pedi if you want one!

I am pooped today. Caleb had nightmares and I got up twice with him. Finally he came and slept with us. Dear heavens he's big now. There is no way three can sleep in a Queen. I shoulda just gone and slept in HIS bed ... but I didn't.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:13 AM   #214
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Oh Vickie what a wonderful picture and a wonderful story behind it. Thank you for sharing that with us. I remember as a child going door to door with a can that we got from school and collecting for the March of Dimes.

Joanna, poor little guy! I always hated it when my children would wake up having night mares all you can do is hold them and let them know they are safe in your arms.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:02 AM   #215

Good morning everyone!

Joanna, how scary for Caleb to have nightmares. I don't recall my kids having them; BUT, as an adult in recent years, I have had a few and scare the daylights out of my DH with earth shatterning screams in the middle of the night!!!

Hope everyone has a terrific Thursday!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:08 AM   #216
Hardware Hotshot

Both kids have nightmares. Caleb's dreams are affected by the move I'm pretty sure. Poor guy.

Actually TJ's are far scarier (for me anyway) because he has night terrors and essentially doesn't wake up. He would be crying and shaking and nothing you did would help. If I tried to hold him, he would fight me and it would actually get worse. I finally learned to just sit in his room and sing to him and eventually he would work his way through it. I would know that he was awake when he would start to calm and ask me questions about the song I was singing. He hasn't had one in a while and I am NOT sorry to those go.

Can I just say that I have a BUNCH of stuff?!! I don't think that you realize HOW much stuff you accumulate until you pack it up to move. It kinda forces you to look through it and decide what to keep. I really miss being creative.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:25 PM   #217
Glitter Guru

Imke, I've never tried Zumba, but it sounds fun. A lot of ladies around here do it at the Y.

Vickie, I love the photo you posted, so sweet and what a great story you shared. Sounds like your dad was quite a strong man.

Linda, I wouldn't be surprised if some of Glenn's health issues might be related to having polio years ago. That's tough.

Patti, I'm jealous, that weekend sounds fabulous, enjoy every minute. You work so hard, you really deserve a break. And getting to meet the new grandbaby soon, is so exciting, too. Wow!

Pat, glad you still have some crops to go to locally, I was wondering about that after the one shop had the fire. Are they rebuilding?

Angela, woohooo for Ivy making the three day honor band. My oldest's son has a friend with fused toes. He is quite a character and was telling all the kids about them and decided to show them at gym time. He was telling them that his mom wanted to have his toes separated, but he really liked them, because no one else has toes like him. He's the cutest, most spirited little guy! I think after gym class every was wishing they had something special to show, too!

I love pedicures! It's very relaxing to have your feet soak and then get pampered. I haven't had one in a while though.

Angela and Patti were asking about my dh. He isn't a chef, but since he got his huge industrial smoker, he has been doing some catering, mostly for friends. Ribs, chicken, brisket, pork shoulder, BBQ type stuff. I do the sides for him (bbq baked beans, corn bread, mac n cheese). I think eventually he would like to do that permanently. Right now he is in stock trading. He is in sales and goes out to recruit clients and then follows up with frequent visits and wines and dines them to keep them happy. He likes what he does, he's very social, me not so much, lol. He actually got a position with a different company, that is a competitor of where he was working. Right now he is fulfilling a non compete contract for his old company. What it means is that he can't work for a competitor for 6 months after he gives notice. So he will start his new job in June, in the mean time he is home. I've been loving having him around and so have the kids. His old company has to pay him since they are holding him to the contract, so it's not bad. I think he will be anxious to get back into the groove by the time June rolls around though!

Joanna, that stinks about the nightmares and terrors, very scary. Was laughing about the big kid in your bed. When that happens, I usually move to their bed, lol, like musical beds some nights!

Hope everyone is having a good week. Hoping to get some cards made tonight. Haven't been crafty this week. Better get some dinner started soon. Hope everyone has a good night.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #218
Watercolor Wizard

Well ladies...so much to discuss---

Pedi was because I had ingrown toe surgery about 20 years ago--they cut the root on the left side of the nail--basically killed the nail bed there--Why you ask? If any of you have ever had the constant pain of an ingrown toenail--need I say more--it feels like sharps digging into your big toe 24/7...The slightest bump or sheet on your toe can send you wailing into the heavens! Well, ever since then, I have always been able to trim and doll them up myself--but lately the nail started to grow ---> to the right and as I jokingly told my sis it was as thick and hard as a bird beak!!! ha-ha I asked my Tommy to chomp it off with this set of clippers that look like they could chow through metal wires--he was grossed out...So, mama got a pedi! I am amazed what Hannah my new pedi gal did--I am highly ticklish so she went a lil' firmer on the massage part(it felt like heaven)--but overall--I have pretty toes again! I guess I am one of the lucky ones--most ingrown surgeries loose the entire nail after the toe heals...not me! And, Angela--I was embarrassed--but Hanna said--"I have seen it all--Nothing scares me!" She was very careful because there was a slight slit in the nail too...You would never know what my toes looked like--with an after photo--really sweet job! So next time hot red!!!

Linda--it's very common for Pedicurist to paint the skin on missing toenails--Hannah said she does that all the time-you should treat yourself--it does feel amazing! I didn't think I would like anyone touching my feet--I have changed my mind! My all time favorite thing is still a back massage--may ask for one of those for my birthday! Now, after that I feel I can conquer the world--Carmen aligns your entire core--heaven! (Carmen is a RN who does the massage p/t on the side-she's amazingly strong for a small woman!)

Vickie--very neat photo/story about your dad--amazing how he survived and handled life so easily-even back then.

Kathleen--sweet deal daddy home w/pay huh? Good for you and him--sounds like he is enjoying his smoker job--Did you ever come up with a formal name for the company?

QueenieJO--you deserve the; Middle of the Night Mama Metal of Patience! My God if it isn't a stray lego under foot...night terrors--poor guys! After a 'few sleep in mom and dad's bed events' here when my crew was younger...we had to switch to a king--and I would never go back to a queen--you have so much room--you do not feel the other person moving--so worth the investment.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #219
Watercolor Wizard

Darn..knew I was getting long winded up there!

Patti--have a blast on your weekend---I will pass on the Spectrum--only b'cuz I am so committed to my Copics--Try and sell them on Ebay--Patrick sold a couple of things on that in a flash--and have whoever buys them--pay for postage! OR the SCS sale page-I bought the "Drippy Goo" MS punch from a fellow SCS gal on here a few years back--it was easy and quick too!

Old 01-10-2013, 06:02 PM   #220
Watercolor Wizard

Discover New Products - Innovative Design - Unique Gifts - Powered by Citizen Commerce

Check out this site--totally new and exciting products--see the Couture Planet Newspaper Purses--really cool and check out the Uno Magnetic jewelry!

Old 01-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #221
Stazon Splitcoast

Vickie, really neat family photo!

Interesting that some of you know people with "twin toes"! I have seen a lot of feet in my career (ted hose on/off), but have not encountered any like mine...I guess they are my claim to fame! LOL

Joanna, Davis used to have night terrors. He started to get them about the time a lot of kids outgrow them; I had never heard of them before, they were terrifying to me as well. Like you mentioned, he wouldn't be awake...he would scream and tremble, often times he would say he was going to die. I would just bring him into our bed and wrap my arms around him until it was over. After a couple of years, they stopped as abruptly as they started.

Ivy is just full of it these days.... She told me tonight that they are having a "Cat Fight" to kick off their MORP week...this translates to girls wrestling and the real wrestlers (boys) will be the cheerleaders. Good grief, she is so excited...I just hope she doesn't get whooped!

Kathleen, that is cool about your hubby being home...and his cooking...he is a keeper!

Does anybody watched Chopped? I love the show!

I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 01-11-2013, 07:41 AM   #222

Good morning!

Patti, have a fun, relaxing crop and then a wonderful visit to meet new grandbaby...what could be better?!

Angela, I've not heard of Chopped. Is it food or is it motorcycles?! Isn't there a "chopper" show on TV? My guess is food, or maybe someone losing their job...or a Henry VIII and Ann Boelyn show?? I know, I'm reaching! hehehe Just curious though.

I'm still working on my room re-org. DH purchased lots of tubs for me to sort with so I will know what I have. The going is super slow! Of course, I've been up since 8:30 and haven't started today's sorting yet!! It will soon be time for lunch, maybe I'll begin after lunch.

Hope everyone is well (flu season is hitting hard everywhere).

Have a fabulous Friday!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #223
Hardware Hotshot

Angela: Yep, I watch Chopped. I love Ted but I have to say that the girl judge can be a bit of a b-word sometimes.

Winter weather is moving in today. I can hear the wind whistling and the temperature is plummeting. We already had our high of 32 at 8 this morning and it's supposed to dip down to below zero. Brrr. I'm having trouble getting motivated. What I REALLY want to do is climb back into bed and just read today but I don't see that happening. I've already had four phone calls from my quilting partner. We're setting up a website for the business. I offered to use Wix and make it but she's all for paying someone to do it. Since she's paying for it ... I guess that we're going to go that way. It better be a darn nice website for what she's investing is all I can say.

I drove over to the old house this morning. It still hasn't sold so we are having new carpet put in next week to see if that makes a difference.

Kathy: you are so lucky to have a husband who cooks. Mine does fried eggs and pot roast (and you pretty much have to beg to get that made) so I do ALL the cooking including the grilling.

We had Holli spade yesterday. She's on doggie-downers so she doesn't rip open her stitches. Honestly, I can't tell a difference in her behavior. She's still pretty hyper ... sigh. Right now she's happily chewing a nerf bullet that one of the boys left on the floor. I'll have to snag that soon before she eats it.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #224
Watercolor Wizard

Ahh the weekend--no one's home right now! The kitchen floors were vacuumed and washed, the fridge is clean, homemade banana bread fresh from the oven...Can I take a power nap now? Naw...soaking up the 'piece of quiet'!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Old 01-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #225
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello ladies!

Had a doctors appointment today I may have an ulcer I just know it hurts like heck to eat anything started in Nov thought it would get better but only got worse. Going to try some meds for 30 days and if that doesn't work have to go get a test done to see whats going on. Praying the meds do the trick!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Hugs to all
Old 01-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #226
Stazon Splitcoast

Hope the meds work Lena. Thinking of you. They are no fun. Granddaughter just found out she has one in her esophagus but she says her meds are working great so far and not eating any meat also is helping her.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

I've been trying to call Denise to check on them and everytime I call Gregg's phone she is asleep. He says she is not doing well.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 01-12-2013, 05:02 AM   #227
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Lena - Hope you get to feeling better.

Linda - Hope Denise is okay.

I am about to finish up everything I need to do for my baby shower tomorrow. Favors are done, quilt is done. All I need to do is put finishing touches on diaper cake.

They are calling for 1-3 inches of snow today. Ugh. Of course, my DH just washed my car.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 01-12-2013, 06:15 AM   #228
Watercolor Wizard

QueenieJO--the day we brought Muddy home from being neutered he was very groggy and was walking around the kitchen. He did the dog thing and went to go lick in 'that general area'...Stood up and started to look around the kitchen floor for his...um...boy parts!!! Awe, the poor guy thought he dropped em somewhere--It was hysterical--Kala and I were trying to distract him...we gave him a coupla cookie bones, put his "conehead hat" on and he went to lie down!

Old 01-12-2013, 07:08 AM   #229
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Vickie, Chopped is a cooking show where 4 chefs compete for $10,000. There are 3 rounds: appetizers, main course, and dessert. 1 chef is eliminated or "chopped" each round. They have a mystery basket of ingredients and a very short time to come up with their dish, then they go before the judges (celebrity chefs). The mystery baskets are often bizarre and you have to include everything in your dish; the idea is to transform the ingredients. The other night it was leftovers in the baskets...submarine sandwich, onion blossum, mac and cheese...can't remember the other item. Anyway, it is a fun show. Joanna, I agree...sometimes the judges are a bit harsh.

Joanna, how is Holli doing today?

Lena, I hope your medication will work for you.

Linda, I hope you will be able to get in contact with Denise soon; I know you must be worried.

Tracie, it sounds like everything is coming together for the shower. I hope you can sit back and enjoy the guests and all your hard work.

Susanne, when the girls were spayed, Caramel did just fine but Tavi ripped her incision open within 10 minutes of coming home. We had to take her back in...I think they stapled it...and put her in a kitty straight jacket. Poor thing was goofy for about 2 days...she didn't know up from down. Of course, Ivy was hysterical when her cat was bleeding. Funny how the meds affected the cats so differently. Same goes with people; some are really thrown for a loop....

It is snowing here...huge flakes...very pretty!

Have a good Saturday everybody!

Old 01-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #230
Watercolor Wizard

Lena X'g fingers the meds work!

Angela--Muddy is just that guy that has to wear the 'cone of shame' with any type of surgery--only last time with the "suspicious bump/lump" he was an angel???! Maybe he couldn't reach it with his tongue? (I know that sounds freaky)...But, for the huge surgery he had a few years back-- he did chewed through his cast when his leg was broken--I no sooner got him home, thought he was too 'wigged-out' on pain meds to even move--only to find his cast chewed!

I was a freak--the vets were comforting me that week--just a basketcase!

Old 01-12-2013, 01:13 PM   #231
Watercolor Wizard

Angela--snow sounds so pretty right now--we have 40's and heavy fog (from the little bit of snow we have left on the ground and the warm air above it)...Tomorrow for the huge Patriot's game it is supposed to be in the upper 50's!!! This is so wrong--hate this...I want snow in winter and perfect weather in summer! I get the months on either end to be a lil' wonky...but January 13th in the 50's?

The grocery store was super packed today--you would have thought it was the last day all grocery stores were open for a week or they were giving away free meat!!! hahahaha I swear to God, I texted Tom from the check out line--I was 6th in line--and this store is famous for being busy and they are usually really good about crowd control--the big wigs in the "red" jackets tell you to move into the express lines and there's no bones about it..YOU GO! Crazy busy!

Have a good Saturday night everyone! Plan to chill out and watch a movie and create!

Old 01-12-2013, 07:21 PM   #232

JCI before going to say nighty-night!

We saw the movie The Impossible last night about a family that survived the 2004 Thailand Tsunami. Oh my, what a movie. The special effects were so real; I don't know how anyone survived that disaster. Take kleenex if you see it or load up on napkins from the concession stand.

Going to turn in. Hope everyone has had a wonderful Saturday.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #233
Hardware Hotshot

Hey everyone!!!

It's been so busy here. I've wanted to get into my craft room, but just haven't found the time!

Busy week. Our hot water heater broke early in the week. I got up to shower before work (Tues?) and couldn't figure out why the water wouldn't get HOT. When I got home, DH commented that the pilot light had gone out....oooohhh!!! He tried to fix it, but couldn't, so we called someone to some look at it on Thursday. It's a fairly inexpensive part, but the company who stocks it was OUT. We had to have one sent from Calgary, 3 hours away. It was supposed to arrive Friday but didn't. Also didn't arrive today, so that means we're without until Monday. Ugh! My parents will let us shower at their place, but it's very inconvenient for dishes, cooking, etc. So, we've mostly been eating out, trying to choose wisely so that Claire doesn't eat junk all week.

Today, Claire got her first pair of shoes! They're pre-walkers...she BAWLED in the store about having to wear them. She finally calmed down a bit and played with the toys they had in the store, but every once in awhile she'd plop down on her butt, cry and tug at her new shoes. LOL. But boy, can she move in them!!! We're pretty sure it's not going to be long before she's walking and I'm sure running isn't that much further behind.

Tomorrow my aunt is in town and hasn't seen her for awhile, so we'll be visiting there. I'm hoping she has a good sleep tonight and is well rested and happy for visiting.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:03 AM   #234
Glitter Guru

Heather- I keep my fingers crossed that everything gets fixed soon. Its really hard not to have HOT water. If this happens to me i make hot water with the water heater. For a little time itsīok.
Claireīs first shoes. LOL, she rather walk barefoot but in shoes she has more grip.

Linda- I hope Denise is OK !

Lena- I hope the meds will work for you. Get well soon !

Tracie- How was the baby shower ? Iīm sure your gifts become very beautiful !

Kathy- Iīve been waiting to hear news about your husband and the smoker. He can use the time to expand his catering - now that he is once at home. I think itīs a great idea. My husband also cooks and loves to make BBQ. He would love the industrial smoker too. LOL

Susanne- I'm always amazed at how full the grocery stores are. How many foods does a person need ? Certainly less than is purchased.

Yesterday we had the first time in weeks, a bit of sunshine. It has done very well. Today, the winter and the cold weather is back and it even snows ! No sign of SUN

Wish you all a great Sunday !
Old 01-13-2013, 05:44 AM   #235
Glitter Guru

Vickie, that movie looked good, I might want to see that. I figured it would be a sad one.

Goodness, poor Denise can't catch a break health wise. Let her know we are thinking about her when you talk to her Linda.

Heather, too funny about Claire not liking the shoes. You are right, once she gets walking, running will be close after that! Have a great visit with your aunt, and I hope the part comes Mon., it's hard to not have hot water.

Imke, too bad you don't live close, I think our husbands would hit it off with the BBQ food! He's been working on recipes in his off time and enjoying it.

Lena, that sounds very painful. Hoping the meds will do the trick for you.

Hope Holli heals quickly Jo. That must be hard trying to keep a puppy calm so they can heal.

Angela, I'm smiling about the cat fight. Ivy's going to get her wish and try wrestling after all! Oh boy! That will be nerve wracking for you! Do you have any photos of Ivy's room or your craft room? Would love to see how it turned out.

We had Liam's birthday party yesterday at a "Bounce-U", one of those big inflated indoor playgrounds. It was fun! He was so excited, it was cancelled in Nov. due to hurricane Sandy and finally he had it. The kids all had fun and no mess in the house!

Susanne, that is too funny. I always wonder where all the people in the supermarket came from. Sometimes it's a mob! Strange weather here, too, warm and rainy this weekend. I like cold in the winter and some snow at least.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday. I need to catch up on some laundry!
Old 01-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #236

JCI to say hello!

Tracie, I'm sure the shower gifts and favors are a hit!

Anglea, thanks for the info about Chopped! Sounds like a fun program to watch.

It's raining here today, more like end of fall of beginning of spring, not the middle of winter!

I'm still "re-organizing; oh my goodness....that's all I can say....oh my goodness, still lots to do; I feel like I've not yet put a dent into it. Just a bit overwhelmed with it all (and, I want more more more...afterall, 2013 CHA has so many fabulous new releases coming out from a ton of vendors!)

I pray Denise will begin to feel better.

Lena, sure hope the meds help heal the ulcer.

I haven't been on the MFT site for quite awhile 'cause I've been buying MFT from Simon Says lately; BUT, I love the Doodle Garden Far Out stamp set, so planned on a MFT purchase from MFT...BUT, I cannot get into their site...I get a message the MFT server does not give you permission to the site!!!! What??!!! has anyone else had a problem getting into the MFT site?? Guess I'll wait to see if the Doodle Garden sets are offered at Simon Says. *sigh* Oh well, it's not like I NEED it, I just WANT it! LOL

Guess I better get back at sorting and pitching and organizing!

Hope everyone has a super Sunday.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #237

One more thing! This is a room question:

All the chatter about pedicures/manicures, what colors of nail polish do you favor? Pinks, Reds, Plums, Reds, Browns???

I saw the cutest "favor" idea on Pinterest and it started me thinking....
Old 01-13-2013, 04:53 PM   #238
Stazon Splitcoast

I have always preferred pinks when getting manicures. I love them from dark to light.

I am still organizing my room Vickie. I have a ton of stuff to use before buying anything for a while. I did just order some cs from ginak in my most used colors. It is patterned paper that I have tons of and 6x6 pads, way to many, and I could go look and find 5-10 more that I would buy...I have to quit looking

We had a good weekend, Glenn is finally feeling good so we went to church. I had nursery duty and we only had one 7 mo. old baby girl.

Off to watch some TV.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 01-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #239
Stazon Splitcoast

Vicky I like RED!!! Sometimes Pink when my nails are long RED for sure!

Thanks ladies for your well wishes I'm on day three and can't tell that it's working yet. But I'm not giving up!
Old 01-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #240
Hardware Hotshot

Vickie: post a link to that stamp set ... I was curious about it but can't seem to find it. You know me, I love to be enabled! Regarding the room question, I use plums and pinks on my toes and only do french on my fingers

Linda: say "hi" to Denise. I am concerned about her.

Lena: Hope the meds work. Having an upset tummy is the worst!

Kathy: We just had a birthday party at a bowling alley today. Both boys were invited. I have to say that it was pretty chaotic. There are times when my teacher persona comes out and it frustrates me because I'm sure that NO mom wants a bossy mom attend her son's party. When the party was at it's most chaotic, I actually used my teacher voice to have the kids sit down to watch the birthday boy unwrap presents (rather than run around and chase each other). I just couldn't stop myself. {sigh}

Tracie: I thought about you yesterday. I went to the fabric store and saw the new Basic Grey/Moda jelly roll. I managed to hold myself back from buying it but dang ... I wanted it. I'm attaching a picture so you can see how CUTE it is.

Holli is fine, thanks for asking about her. She's full of energy (as always) I worry when the kids rowdy with her but she loves it. I don't think that the surgery will dent her activity level at all.
Attached Thumbnails
kissing-booth.jpg  
Closed Thread