Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree88Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #161
Watercolor Wizard

Vickie..just sayin' hahaha we can go on and on...From now on ladies...ya need some ideas for weddings, showers, parties...we're y'all gals! "SVICKIES" or VICSUSIE's hahaha

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:07 AM   #162
Stazon Splitcoast

Looks like we have lots of party planners here! Loved doing parties when the kids were small....

Had to get Ivy to school at 6:30 this morning, for an honor band. Tonight the concert is at Iowa Central College. She had a new dress to wear, but discovered last night that she didn't have stockings without holes, so she planned to go bare-legged. What is it with kids these days going bare-legged? I told her she needed to shave and put on lotion only to hear "I can't believe you are making me shave." Yep, that's my daughter...the one who thinks she shouldn't have to shave because "boys don't"! Gross!

Last night I took her and her BFF to a basketball game so they could watch one of the girls they met on their mission trip to Chicago. I like basketball, but 2 1/2 games was enough.

Need to try and catch up today; I've had a cold the last couple of weeks...not bad enough to be sick, but bad enough to wear me out.

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 01-05-2013, 04:14 AM   #163
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Vickie - Thanks so much for the links. Part of my problems is waiting until the last minute to do these. Why, oh why do I put everything off? I think I will do the mints in the container. They look easy enough and I think they have some of those at Michaels. Thanks girls for the ideas. I just wish you all lived closer so I could have a little party at my house and you could all help me get them done. HA!
Old 01-05-2013, 05:22 AM   #164
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Tracie looks like you have a variety of ideas to play with and if I lived close I'd be there to help you for sure! Things go a lot faster when you have friends to help.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:59 AM   #165
Watercolor Wizard

Scrap-mart 40% word this month is "confetti"! Not that you all care or need to know--haha...

Old 01-05-2013, 08:02 AM   #166
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
Looks like we have lots of party planners here! Loved doing parties when the kids were small....

Had to get Ivy to school at 6:30 this morning, for an honor band. Tonight the concert is at Iowa Central College. She had a new dress to wear, but discovered last night that she didn't have stockings without holes, so she planned to go bare-legged. What is it with kids these days going bare-legged? I told her she needed to shave and put on lotion only to hear "I can't believe you are making me shave." Yep, that's my daughter...the one who thinks she shouldn't have to shave because "boys don't"! Gross!

Last night I took her and her BFF to a basketball game so they could watch one of the girls they met on their mission trip to Chicago. I like basketball, but 2 1/2 games was enough.

Need to try and catch up today; I've had a cold the last couple of weeks...not bad enough to be sick, but bad enough to wear me out.
Funny huh Angela--the newest look is "tights under cut off jean shorts"...tell me that doesn't look like an eye sore? Tights and stockings are huge in England--but I think carrying them over to your summer jean shorts is a bit shall we say...bag lady? hahahaha

Can you drop Ivy off to the games and go do something more fun by yourself? I could not sit for 1/4 of a game let alone 2.5! Yikes...you have patience!

Old 01-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #167
Hardware Hotshot

My company left this morning ... finally. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED having my sister here but Ken gets so cranky-pants when company is here too long. It's hard trying to please too many people at one time.

Now it's back to trying to unpack. Sigh.

We went to see Les Mis last night. Awesome. Russell Crowe bugged me a little bit but honestly, I don't think his performance was as bad as the critics said. He did a decent job on my favorite Javert song: Stars. It's a long movie so no big drink should be consumed if you go. My sister practically RAN to the bathroom as the credits rolled. I didn't. I guess when you sob throughout the entire movie ...

I miss crafting. Gotta get my room fixed.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #168
Stazon Splitcoast

I made a card today from a card kit I got from Patti back in 2009, Angela was the hostess!! I decided I need to make some of them up and then I'll have some extra room.

I used this weeks card sketch and I had fun with it, that patti knows how to put a kit together.

Should be cleaning but I don't want too! I want to play in my craft room! Can ya tell????
Old 01-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #169
Hardware Hotshot

Me too!! I thought my mom was going to take Claire for a few hours today and I was going to craft. But, she got the flu...I'm determined to get something done with Claire underfoot!!! I want to craft that bad...LOL.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #170
Stazon Splitcoast

Sitting here waiting for the concert to begin.... Ivy called home to let us know she has a solo.

I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 01-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #171
Pearl-ExPert

JCI. I'm hoping I have more time tomorrow to come catch up on this thread. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their weekend.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:06 AM   #172
Glitter Guru

That are all nice ideas for little gifts !

Joanna- Were you able to sell the old home already ?

Lena- I have handled many card kits and still have a few. I also want to process all because they are all so nice. Too good to be only in the cabinet. My goal for 2013: To use the things i have !

Angela- Congrats to Ivy to have a solo part.

Wish you all a nice Sunday !

Tomorrow I have to go back to work. The holiday was well enough. It is time to do something !!
Old 01-06-2013, 04:21 AM   #173
Glitter Guru

How was Ivy's solo Angela? Sounds exciting. So funny about not wanting to shave!

Cute party favor ideas. When I'm hosting or doing the favors, I try to do something consumable like cookies or candy and package it prettily. I always think items like baby bottles and decorated pacifiers will end up getting thrown away if the people don't have babies of their own. You could even do treat bags like you did for your class Tracie, with blue or pink candy and a baby themed topper.

That recipe sounds good Susanne, will have to try it.

Lena, how is your family doing? Keep thinking of all of you.

Imke, I should really use my kits too. I have so many! The ones from this group and most of the Magnolia ones are great. But I have some that aren't too good, not well coordinated, poorly stamped, not good quality white cardstock (from other swaps). Been debating if I should take them apart and save what looks good, or just toss them. They've been sitting untouched for years, taking up space!

Chuck was away yesterday and overnight, catering a party in PA. Can't wait till he gets back, going to pass off the kiddos and try to make some cards.

We have had a major shortage of flu vaccine around here, for kids. Not sure why but every grocery store and pharmacy has the adult version, but the pediatricians can't get the kid's vaccines in. Our preschool had the state nurse visit on Thursday and they were fined $50 per kid who didn't have the shot. The owner was telling me, it is most of the kids. We all have turned in DR. notes that they just can't get it in the quantity needed. I feel bad for the school, doesn't seem fair, they should offer a solution instead of just fining them. Anyway, our doctor got in a few on Friday (I've been calling everyday) and we can get them on Tuesday, so I'm relieved. I'll keep Finn and Lilah home tomorrow, I don't want them to cause more fines, lol!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!
Old 01-06-2013, 04:55 AM   #174
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Kathy - I don't know how you do all that you do. I look at your blog and I am just amazed at how many cards you get done with little kiddos at home. Amazing.

I love all my kits. They are such a great go to when you need inspiration. I am having fun working on my goodies to go in February.

Angela - Can't wait to hear about Ivy's solo.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:06 AM   #175
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Good morning!

Angela, how exciting for Ivy to have a solo.

Lynn, I know what you mean about catching up on the thread; miss a day or two and there's lots to catch up on; it happens to me quite often!

Kathy, I know what you mean about cardkits...I LOVE them all from here and I seem to use them a piece at a time and when I combine I don't know whom to give the credit for what I've used; just want everyone to know I really do appreciate what I've received.

This is day 10 of my room reorganization...what a big job I've taken on; it's more of a "mess" than when I started! Told DH yesterday I just want to put it back the way it was because I could at least see my craft desk then!! I can't even find a spot to create from right now; goal today is to clear off my desk!

Imke, I agree, I also need to use what I have! It's so hard not to order or buy when so many awesome things are being put on the market this time of year thanks to winter CHA!!

Tracie hope the baby shower projects are coming along. I know it will all turn out awesome!

Wishing everyone a super Sunday!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:08 AM   #176
Die Cut Diva

Gosh so much going on here...I do check in but don't always take the time to comment.
Went to a 9 to 9 crop yesterday at a new store in town. It's run by a friend of my daughter's and I have kept in touch with her through the years because she teaches classes and goes to lots of crops too. So happy for her...the crop had a waiting list because so many tried to register. I made several cards but also caught up with scrappers I hadn't seen since before Christmas!
My plan is to use the things I have here...I bought so much last year!! Sometimes its overwhelming because I have so many options. I remember just starting out and using the same stamps because I didn't have many. WOW ...things really have changed.
Taking my Christmas tree and decorations down today...uck. It's a lot more fun putting them up. It will be nice to have my living room back though.
Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday!!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:04 AM   #177
Stazon Splitcoast

So good to see Pat and Kathy here today and catch up on what you are doing or have going on. Kathy that is a shame that the school is being punished. I agree, they should be helping them get the meds not fining them.

Pat, sounds like you are back into some good crops. I am so glad you are having so much fun with them.

My goal this year is to use what I have to. No more buying unless it is necessary. I need to use what I have, I need to know what I have and I agree that the amount gets overwhelming. I need to use the kits I have and will be receiving. I really have so much stuff I can't find something when I want it. I spend hours looking for it. I'll still be getting things through the swaps so it won't be like never getting anything new.

Angela, how was Ivy's solo? I'll bet it was great. She cracks me up about the shaving her legs. That is something I always did but hated it, now I don't do it as often as I should, but I am 69 so who cares.

Susanne, thanks for the recipe. Is it anything like the cheesy hashbrowns they have at Cracker Barrel? I love theirs. I am going to make them as soon as I get out and go to the grocery store.

Tracie when is the baby shower? You will take some photos of what you make won't you?

Vickie, buying would be hard to resist if you live near stores like Archivers etc. I'm trying to stay off the internet stores but it is hard when they send you so many emails. Maybe I should get off their mailing lists.

Imke, so sorry you have to go back to work. I think you must like your job though and you sound ready to go back.

Heather, checked your blog and gallery and looks like Claire let you play while she played so nice by herself. She is sure cute and growing so fast.

Lena, I've figured a way to make me use my kits instead of just admiring them. For every 2 cards I make I have to use a kit. Of course I am just starting this today. I have so many beautiful kits and don't use them because I like to just admire them.
I have been in hundreds of swaps before I quit doing all but these, I mean kit swaps not WRAK or SS and got some really bad kits. I gave mine to Raven and Lexie, my two granddaughters that stamp and being kids they liked them, or the images that I didn't like so they still got used.

Lynn, sounds like you have been busy.

I'm off to make a DT card.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 01-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #178
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey everybody! So good to "see" everyone here!

Kathleen, I agree that it's really the pitts that the pre-school is getting fined...hardly seems fair. I don't think we have a shortage of vaccinations around here, but we did last year. Let's hope your kids stay healthy. People have been hit hard here since before Christmas, and they say it will get worse. We have all had colds and the crud here...I think I drive my family crazy when I am constantly reminding them to "cover their cough" and not share drinks. Time to douse things with the Lysol spray!

Kathleen, is your hubby a chef? I thought he was a businessman.... I wish my hubby could cook...he does try sometimes.... Not sure if that is good or bad! LOL

Pat, the crop sounds fun...do you get a lot done, or mainly socialize? I sure wish they held things like that here. Have the ladies at your LSS decided what they will do? I am so envious of you ladies who have nice stores and events that you can go to.

Vickie, I feel your pain with the organization dilemma! I am slowly getting my room in shape...in the mean time I run up and down the stairs to both areas to gather supplies.

Linda, I really need to use my card kits too! Can't remember who said it, but the best ones do come from this group and the Magnolia group too. Like you, I do have some bad ones.... I have been putting my seasonal things in separate bins and then pull the "current" bin out to have at my work station. I just put the Christmas one away, and pulled out the Valentine one...now I can easily see what I have.

Heather, did you get any crafting done yesterday?

Imke, I am back to work tomorrow too. Let's us hope we both have a good day!

The concert last night was really wonderful. I have never really been a music fan before (other than the radio), but I am learning to appreciate it. There were actually 2 concerts: Fresh/Soph and Jr/Sr. You had to apply and be selected to attend; once you got there, you had to audition in the morning. If you weren't good enough, you went home. Seems a bit brutal for high school.... Ivy was lucky to get 1st oboe; she has been told that this could mean scholarships for her. I don't think she understands the value of that. Some of my friend's kids are just finishing college and have huge student loans to pay off. I feel for them. Every little bit of financial aide you can get helps! Anyway, she did a good job and had a fun day. She is waiting to hear if she has been accepted to another one...this one is 3 days at a private college, so she would really like to go. They have a fabulous band director here; the kids love him and he really works hard with the kids who are serious about music.

Linda, I am with you on the shaving! Why bother? (I don't care that I am 45, either!) LOL

I had better get busy....

Hope you all have a great afternoon!

Old 01-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #179

Oh My! DH told me he has a plan to help me get my stuff organized!! Guess I've whinned a bit too much...so, I'll try his plan...he ordered some sterilite tubs for me to put "stuff" iin so I can begin digging into my cabinets to get things off the floor and back into the cabinets...I can already tell I have LOTS of paper and ribbon! But, he knows I LOVE it all and even though I'm not sure his plan will help, I'll go with it. Obviously, what I've been doing hasn't helped, guess he thought it was intervention time! LOL

Still can't see the top of my craft desk; I had to go to the kitchen to make a card today!

Linda, I also spend hours looking for things I know I have; I no longer participate in swaps, other than this one. I've gone through hundreds of cards from past swaps and have only kept a handful.

Going to start using the images from across the hall; I don't want to be a slacker this year 'cause you all have selected such great images to send for us to use!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #180
Stazon Splitcoast

You ladies have me in stitches!!!! I have to share a funny story with you....

I wear glasses but when I take my shower I take them off. I shave my legs in the shower. Several days later after shaving my legs I was looking down at my legs at work (the sun was shinning on them) and I had a forest!!!! duhhh what in the world I knew I had shaved my legs just a of couple of days before. So that night I shaved them again!
Next day same thing in the sunlight I had a forest now I know I'm not going crazy. When I got home I went to take my shower and I picked up my razor and looked at it (WITH MY GLASSES ON) it still had the cover on it!!!!!! Guess they work better without the cover!

Linda what a great idea to share your kits with the grandchildren I have a great niece I can share mine with. She will be so excited and just love them. I also have some that are poor quality from other swaps I've been in and then I'll feel good about giving them away. I do my kits from this swap right away as they are always fun awesome kits. I'm going to work on them today and that will give some of my storage space back.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:12 PM   #181

Oh Lena! You have me in stitches! Toooo funny (sounds like something I would also do!)

I need to do my face and style my hair...we are going out for dinner (there's always a plus side to taking all day "reorganizing" the craft room!)

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening!

(I need to buy groceries tomorrow; it's going to be a test of will-power for me to only go to the grocery and not stop at Hobby Lobby, Joanns, and Michaels! I know I can do it, I just know I can!)
Old 01-06-2013, 12:38 PM   #182
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Curry View Post
Imke, I should really use my kits too. I have so many! The ones from this group and most of the Magnolia ones are great. But I have some that aren't too good, not well coordinated, poorly stamped, not good quality white cardstock (from other swaps). Been debating if I should take them apart and save what looks good, or just toss them. They've been sitting untouched for years, taking up space!
I've got a few of those kits too. I still keep them and then I open the up and sometimes "rearrange" them. I've gotten better about throwing away what I won't use (eyelets?) and combining it with something that I think looks better. Paper I won't use gets tossed too. It's just too much to worry about!!
Old 01-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #183
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Curry View Post
How was Ivy's solo Angela? Sounds exciting. So funny about not wanting to shave!

Cute party favor ideas. When I'm hosting or doing the favors, I try to do something consumable like cookies or candy and package it prettily. I always think items like baby bottles and decorated pacifiers will end up getting thrown away if the people don't have babies of their own. You could even do treat bags like you did for your class Tracie, with blue or pink candy and a baby themed topper.

That recipe sounds good Susanne, will have to try it.

Lena, how is your family doing? Keep thinking of all of you.

Chuck was away yesterday and overnight, catering a party in PA. Can't wait till he gets back, going to pass off the kiddos and try to make some cards.

We have had a major shortage of flu vaccine around here, for kids. Not sure why but every grocery store and pharmacy has the adult version, but the pediatricians can't get the kid's vaccines in. Our preschool had the state nurse visit on Thursday and they were fined $50 per kid who didn't have the shot. The owner was telling me, it is most of the kids. We all have turned in DR. notes that they just can't get it in the quantity needed. I feel bad for the school, doesn't seem fair, they should offer a solution instead of just fining them. Anyway, our doctor got in a few on Friday (I've been calling everyday) and we can get them on Tuesday, so I'm relieved. I'll keep Finn and Lilah home tomorrow, I don't want them to cause more fines, lol!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!
Kathleen--since when do you get fined for not getting a flu shot? What is this country coming to? My kids have never had a flu shot--nor have their friends!!! The only people I know that get them regularly are nurses or people that work in a "people/hospital/nursing home" setting...I honestly cannot name 10 people who have had their flu shot!

Old 01-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #184
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tackertwosome View Post
You ladies have me in stitches!!!! I have to share a funny story with you....

I wear glasses but when I take my shower I take them off. I shave my legs in the shower. Several days later after shaving my legs I was looking down at my legs at work (the sun was shinning on them) and I had a forest!!!! duhhh what in the world I knew I had shaved my legs just a of couple of days before. So that night I shaved them again!
Next day same thing in the sunlight I had a forest now I know I'm not going crazy. When I got home I went to take my shower and I picked up my razor and looked at it (WITH MY GLASSES ON) it still had the cover on it!!!!!! Guess they work better without the cover!

Linda what a great idea to share your kits with the grandchildren I have a great niece I can share mine with. She will be so excited and just love them. I also have some that are poor quality from other swaps I've been in and then I'll feel good about giving them away. I do my kits from this swap right away as they are always fun awesome kits. I'm going to work on them today and that will give some of my storage space back.
Lena--too funny! I'll shave in the shower but very hap-hazardly--basically up 3 times in the front shin to the knee..Boom..done! As the warm weather starts to hit in spring--I go to put on shorts and think OH MY GOD---I am a wilderbeast!!! So, every so often I play--clean up the nails, shave the legs, soak in a tub of sudsy water--use shaving cream and shave ever inch of my legs!!!

Old 01-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #185
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Oh Lena! You have me in stitches! Toooo funny (sounds like something I would also do!)

I need to do my face and style my hair...we are going out for dinner (there's always a plus side to taking all day "reorganizing" the craft room!)

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening!

(I need to buy groceries tomorrow; it's going to be a test of will-power for me to only go to the grocery and not stop at Hobby Lobby, Joanns, and Michaels! I know I can do it, I just know I can!)
I stopped in Acmoore last week JUST for paper--I was very good. Michaels was a mess last time I was in there--everything was just scattered around like a tornado hit it and miss-marked merch--looks like 70% off on some things but not all the things in the area--I actually found the MS stamp set I bought for your last kit for $1.79!!!...But waiting until after everyone's inventory and new spring stuff arrives! My next class isn't until Feb 2...so I have some time.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #186
Hardware Hotshot

Good morning my friends!

First day back to school for the kiddos. I'm actually kind of missing having them around.

I've got the contractor here today. He's fixing up the mudroom and installing a few cabinets and lights. He's driving Holli crazy since he's making a lot of really interesting noises but he taped off the room and she can't go investigate. She REALLY wants to hang out with him!

I noticed that Hambo is having a DT call. I was THIIIIIIIS close to applying when I remembered that I essentially have no craft room and I nearly went crazy having two DT positions before the move. I have GOT to get everything unpacked and THEN I can consider applying somewhere. Next time.

Sadly, my coffee cup is empty. I suppose I should go fold laundry or do something productive. I really just want to sit in the sun and blurf tho. Sigh. Up and at 'em! Hope everyone has a great morning.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #187
Hardware Hotshot

Sorry. I meant to fill this out earlier but plum "fergot"

Cardmaking Likes:
1. Daintily patterned paper where all the colors match make me swoon.
2. buttons that match the daintily patterned papers
3. ribbon that matches the buttons that matches the daintily patterned paper -- can you tell I've been reading too many kids books. I'll stop now
3. bling
4. dies

Cardmaking Dislikes:
1. earth tones
2. stickers
3. fiber, cardstock and eyelets

Birthdate: February 22

What is your favorite color? Either blue or purple but I like pink and green too

Favorite Designer of Patterned Paper (i.e. Bo Bunny)? Bo Bunny, Echo Park, Authentique, Doodlebug and sometimes Basic Grey. ( BG has REALLY big patterns at times tho.)

Favorite stamp company or images you would like to try? I like MFT, Mo Manning, Stampabella, Humphrey's Corner, WOJ, Krafting Kimmie, AI

Is there a small stamp company that people are not aware of that you would like to receive from? I'm into people or animals and there are a TON of stamp companies that I've never heard of ... the only thing I would never use are floral or folk art (like cowboys). I guess you could say that I'm more into cutesy than realistic images.

Just for fun, your favorite snack or treat? having diabetes DOES put a crimp into what I can eat so nuts are pretty much it. My boys would happily "take one for the team" if you included candy tho.

Coffee or Tea? Either. I have a SF vanilla whole milk latte pretty much every week and drink English tea every morning

Hobbies? Quilting, reading, playing games with the kids

What challenge/goal would you like to meet this year? The goal I set for myself is to start exercising 4 times a week, catch up on my scrapbooking and just be more organized ... we'll see how THAT goes

Any special info your Sis should know? I can't think of anything that you guys don't know already
Old 01-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #188
Die Cut Diva

Hi Ladies!! Remember last week when we were all so excited about getting the bow dies?? Mine came today, I can't wait to try it out. Linda has yours arrived yet?? Anyway my supper is almost ready and then you know what I'll be doing!! Does anyone know if heavier cardstock is better than the lighter weight?? Guess I'll know this evening!!
Old 01-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #189
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciae View Post
Hi Ladies!! Remember last week when we were all so excited about getting the bow dies?? Mine came today, I can't wait to try it out. Linda has yours arrived yet?? Anyway my supper is almost ready and then you know what I'll be doing!! Does anyone know if heavier cardstock is better than the lighter weight?? Guess I'll know this evening!!
Yes mine came. I am getting ready to play with it a little.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 01-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #190
Hardware Hotshot

I'm a little jealous!! I was going to ask Tracie to get it for me, but then I found out that my inlaws got me a $75.00 gift certificate for Christmas. So, I asked for it to be MFT and ordered six dies....can't wait till they get here!!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #191
Watercolor Wizard

MFT and AE are both OUT of bow dies!!! Still waiting here! Aack! Yesterday and today, AE had their inventory--and Kate the owner is out in CA at the show! I am hoping they will be there by this weekend!

Heather--I added MFT to my wishlist--cute stuff HUH? WOwza!

Where's Patti?...

Old 01-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #192
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciae View Post
I love Moonrock (not white/off white)...80 lb 8.5 x 11 (not sure if it's Neenah)...

Old 01-08-2013, 04:01 AM   #193
Gabfest Goddess

Hi, I'm here...been lurking and reading, but not commenting. Computer's been acting up, too, twice this week had to actually pull the plug as that was the only way to get it to reboot. So frustrating! Oh, how I want to visit the Apple store....

Angela, that is just awesome about Ivy's getting a solo and the opportunity for scholarship! Hope she gets selected to go to the 3 day concert, too, sounds like a wonderful opportunity!

Lena, you had me LOL at your shaving story! Sounds like something I would do, too! but I have pretty much relegated shaving my legs to a couple times a year. I am really lucky that the hair does not grow much, and what does is very fine and blond, so it doesn't show much. It's a good thing, because when I do shave 'em, I usually end up with a minor massacre!

Jo, you had me cracking up with the first few lines of your questionnaire answers!! Sounds like the new house is getting into shape. How goes the sale of the old one? Did I miss an update on that?

Heather, what an awesome Christmas gift, a gift certificate for crafting goodies! Love gift cards/certificates and one for a craft place is the best! I also made a resolution to not buy any new crafting goodies, other than for this swap. But I broke it when I checked out MFT, they had tooooo many great dies. I only bought 3, though!

Linda, like your idea for using card kits! It's hard to use them when everything is put together so beautifully. I'm like Vickie, that I won't participate in other swaps any more, due to quality issues. But I still have lots of kits from this group, and haven't broken into them yet, I will have to try your idea!!

Pat, you just seem to have the best times with your craft-y friends...lots of crops and getaways! I would love to come visit you for just a few weeks and get to go on all the fun trips you make!!

Kathy, I'm shakin' my head in amazement, too, about those fines for the preschool! How ridiculous when the vaccine is not readily available!! Flu has hit Ohio very hard, there is an article in today's newspaper how in the past two flu seasons, our county had 10 and 15 hospitalizations for flu related illness, and so far there have been 371!!! Even in my unit at work, we've had 3 nurses hit with documented flu, and we are ALL forced to get the flu shot! So much for mandatory vaccination. Here's hoping no one here gets hit with this nasty disease!

Yeah, Kathy, inquiring minds want to know, what does your DH do that he travels so much?? (just a tad nosy here!) Like Tracie said, I am in awe of how much you get done with your crafting, with 4 little ones and a DH that travels, too!

So, Imke and Angela, how did your first day back at work after vacation go? Sometimes it's good to get back into the "routine".

I am so looking forward to my upcoming vacation time from work. I will work the night of January 31, then will be off til February 18!! I am going to our annual central Ohio crop at the new location "Maplebrook Memories" with 6 of my besties (including DD, sister, and 2 SILs) from Feb. 7-10, then on the way home from that crop I will be dropped off at the airport to fly to Phoenix til Feb. 17. I will be meeting my new granddaughter in Phoenix. Brittani's pregnancy is going well, she is now 35+ weeks along and feels well, so I am just hoping for a healthy baby to arrive!

Y'all know that I work in a Neonatal ICU with preemie babies and newborns. I really hope you don't mind if I make a "plug" here for a little project I am involved in. Way back when I was a kid, my mom collected for March of Dimes when polio was a huge concern. And March of Dimes was really instrumental in funding research that came up with the polio vaccine. March of Dimes has a "March for Babies" April 28...a 3 mile walk. March of Dimes wants to increase the health of newborns, reduce birth defects and prevent prematurity (most cause of prematurity are unknown, and everything they try to stop preterm labor hasn't worked well). If you know me, you know I don't get off the couch and get moving unless its a really, really good reason, and I am passionate about this cause. I would love to have March of Dimes wipe out prematurity like they did for polio, and put me out of a job! So, if you can help, check out my webpage for March for Babies: March for Babies - View Personal Page For NicuPatti.

Enough of that....I have yakked on enough trying to get caught up here (impossible ). I am actually off work tonight, and am going to pick up my new CPAP machine for my sleep apnea, then have tons of errands to run before meeting Daniel's school bus. Wishing you all a great day!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:38 AM   #194
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning

Good to see Pattie! It's raining here today so I think after I up-load the master list for Wish RAK I'm going to set and play with my Copic's!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #195
Stazon Splitcoast

Ladies, I;m excited and bragging here. On the CMC Holiday Bash I won the Sihoulette Cameo......sooooo excited about this as I didn't feel like I could afford one since I wasn't sure I could learn how to use it, you know I am computer challenged. I see such beautiful cuts and designs on the peoples blogs that use them. I just had to tell someone that understands.....and I posted it on the other thread too...Did I say I was excited?

Patti, what a wonderful page you have. I am very interested in this as I have had 3 greats born as premies.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 01-08-2013, 08:24 AM   #196
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
Ladies, I;m excited and bragging here. On the CMC Holiday Bash I won the Sihoulette Cameo......sooooo excited about this as I didn't feel like I could afford one since I wasn't sure I could learn how to use it, you know I am computer challenged. I see such beautiful cuts and designs on the peoples blogs that use them. I just had to tell someone that understands.....and I posted it on the other thread too...Did I say I was excited?

Patti, what a wonderful page you have. I am very interested in this as I have had 3 greats born as premies.
Linda I went to check it out!!!! WOW what a nice thing to win!!! You deserve it! I've never heard of it before so I can't wait to see what you do with it. Yes I can see why you just didn't buy it! WOW!!!! he he he

Congratulations!!!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:13 AM   #197
Glitter Guru

No way Linda!!!! That is so awesome!!!! Congrats, I'm so happy for you!!!! I can't wait to see what you make with it!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #198
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post

OMG!! Linda, how exciting!! I would be busting a button!! wow, wow, WOW!!!! Can't wait til you get it and try it out and tell us all about it!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #199
Stazon Splitcoast

I can't wait either Kathy & Patti! It will probably be several weeks, everyone is at CHA or getting ready to leave. I am just so happy. I don't mind waiting.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 01-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
MFT and AE are both OUT of bow dies!!! Still waiting here! Aack! Yesterday and today, AE had their inventory--and Kate the owner is out in CA at the show! I am hoping they will be there by this weekend!

Heather--I added MFT to my wishlist--cute stuff HUH? WOwza!

Where's Patti?...
Susanne, did you look at Simon Says Stamp for the MFT bow die? That's where I got mine several weeks ago.
Closed Thread