Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree88Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #1761
Watercolor Wizard

testing

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #1762
Watercolor Wizard

Linda--Denise--I jotted a quick post earlier but was kicked off SCS--So-so sorry for this tragic news--your poor family--in my thoughts and prayers...{{{{hugs}}}}

Old 05-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #1763
Watercolor Wizard

Vickie--seriously...I must have hit it right--there must have been a plane or truck parked outside my PO to make my package land in Lynne's lap in less than a week!!! I know I am further north of you--but isn't this just goofy?

Old 05-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #1764
Stazon Splitcoast

Like Susanne mentioned, I tried to post earlier with no luck.

Denise and Linda, my heart goes out to at this time of loss. You are certainly in my thoughts and prayers.

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 05-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #1765
Hardware Hotshot

I posted this earlier, but we had internet issues at work today...Denise, so very sorry to hear about Alex. Thinking of you.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #1766
Hardware Hotshot

Imke, did I confirm that I found your card? Thank you very much for thinking of me. It was beautiful.

I also received a birthday card from Joanna today. Love that image! Thanks!
Old 05-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #1767
Die Cut Diva

Linda-My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Vickie-Your WONDERFUL kit arrived today!! Thank you! I am a bit tired at the moment, but look forward to posting lots about it tomorrow!
Old 05-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #1768
Glitter Guru

Denise and Linda-´I´m very sorry to hear that about Alex. You are in my thoughts.

Heather- Yeah, you told me Glad that it arrived and you like it !

Angie- Wish you lots of fun with Vickie´s kit.

Tracie- Your quilt looks very beautiful !
Old 05-07-2013, 04:25 AM   #1769
Glitter Guru

I couldn't post yesterday either, but wanted to say to Denise and Linda, I'm so sorry for your loss. How sad, my thoughts are with all of you. I saw the picture you posted of Alex and Jasper on f/b Denise, such a handsome young man.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:34 AM   #1770
Gabfest Goddess

Hello, ladies! I sure have been missing you all here! Haven't even been able to lurk lately...

Denise, my deepest sympathies on your loss. How sad to lose anyone in your life, but at such a young age. My prayers are with you.

Pat, your latest trip sounds like such fun! I have so much STUFF for crafting, I have decided that instead of buying more STUFF with my deeply cut crafting budget, that I would rather spend it going on weekends away like you do. That way I can used up some of the wonderful things I already own, and have fun making some memories, too!

Lynne, sounds like a great kit! Angela always sends the best!

Angela, did receive the new "Take Out Menu" you sent me. Thank you! I'm sure you will be hearing from me again, soon

Vickie, how fun to get the Kindle Fire!! I don't have any kind of tablet yet, but have been lusting after an iPad for over a year now. I just can't convince the DH to spring for it! I keep telling him it will be much more fun to do "Face Time" with our Arizona kids and see the baby girl so much better!!

Linda, I did receive your beautiful thank you note! You didn't have to do that! (but it brought a huge smile to my face).

Susanne, sounds like you are keeping busy, as usual...

whoops, my little guy just arrived for the day...he is off school today because it's a local election day, and they use the school buildings for voting. I had just stopped in to let Tracie know that I hadn't forgotten about it being her "shower" month...and her package went postal yesterday! I hope you enjoy!

Mom doing okay physically. Found an elder care center to take her two days a week to give Dad a break. The two of them are keeping me busier than I'd like to be...

Hope to be able to stop in more often! Enjoy your Tuesday!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:13 AM   #1771
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Lynne, so glad it arrived!!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:15 AM   #1772

Patti, so good to "see" your post. I can't wait to see you IRL in a few weeks!
Old 05-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #1773
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Joanna - I wish you could just come to my house and pick a pattern. I used to work at a quilt store and have tons of quilt patterns. Wish I knew what you liked. I am hoping to clean out my basement this summer and get rid of alot of my patterns. Maybe I can just ship them to you?

Denise - I keep thinking of you and hope you are getting along ok.

Patti - So glad to see you. I was just thinking of you the other day wondering how things were going for you.

Susanne - I mailed your package on Monday. You should receive it fairly soon.

Imke - I am making a card with the stamp you sent me. Hope to post it on my blog on Tuesday.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 05-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #1774
Hardware Hotshot

Tracie: I would love any leftover patterns you would like to share. I will happily pay you. I think the only two patterns that I've come across that I don't really like are Sunbonnet Sue and the basket pattern.

Angela: I got the new Take-Out Menu. Thanks. I'm planning to take it to Arizona when I visit the family. We should place an order by June.

Lynne: have fun with your new kit! Yay.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #1775
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you everyone. I appreciate it and know that Denise does to.

Good to "see" you Patti.

Tracie, your quilt is beautiful. I love it.

I know I've missed some postings and will try to read through later.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 05-08-2013, 05:10 AM   #1776
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning everybody!

Linda, how is Denise holding up?

Sounds like fun packages have been arriving! Great goodies! I am working on Susanne's package now....

Glad the TOMs (Take Out Menu) have arrived too. OO doesn't call them catalogs and they call themselves O2...hard for me to do that since I am a nurse, to me, that is oxygen. Joanna, not sure if you meant family was ordering too? If so, check page 31 for Hostess Benefits...there are freebies involved....

Joanna and Tracie have mentioned patterns.... I know you ladies are talking quilt patterns, but I bought some garment patterns yesterday; stopped in to Joann's after I renewed my driver's license. Simplicity patterns were on sale for $1! I bought 4; original prices ranged from $15.95 - $17.95, so it was a great deal! I was thinking the other day that it would be fun to break out the sewing machine and make something, so it was meant to be.

I hadn't renewed my license since the "no smile" rule.... Oh my word, I look like a scary criminal! Since getting my original license, I have been lucky to get a cute, smiling photo. Those days are over! Has anyone ever noticed that the people from the DMV (or whatever it's called) are a bit sour?

Vickie, are you enjoying your new furniture?

How's your work week going, Imke?

I am off for a bit, so I plan to catch up on things around here...spring cleaning and such. Davis wants me to take him shopping for clothes...he tells me "all my shirts are blue", so I guess that means no blue shirts!

I saw a big box sitting in the living room this morning...must have came when I was at my meeting yesterday. It is new cupcake packaging...for minis and gift boxes for 1 or 2 cupcakes...need to go check that out....

Hope everybody has a super day!

I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 05-08-2013, 05:33 AM   #1777

Good morning!

Angela, we LOVE our new furniture! The recliners are power recliners with various controls for legs, headrest, lumbar, and back!! Soooo comfy that when I settle in I fall asleep!! The new sofa is just a regular recliner sofa with no power, other than muscle!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:06 AM   #1778
Stazon Splitcoast

Angela, Denise is doing fair. They aren't going to come out for the funeral as Gregg just got a job and has only been working a few weeks and money is tight, so that makes it hard. We were going to go to the service today but Glenn had a Dr. apt. He cancelled it when he took me for the cat scan so he needed to keep it. It was for his painful shoulder. We are also babysitting a great granddaughter. School was cancelled in Copan because my youngest daughters husbands 2nd cousin died. He was 13, brain cancer. Different members of our family lost a boy ages 13 and 17 and both funerals are today. They closed school for both of them so all students that wanted to go could. Small towns again.

I don't know how many of you follow the Pioneer Woman on her blog or her cooking show on TV. She is from Bartlesville, 2 mi. from us. Dewey is really just a subberb. Her Dad is Glenn's doctor. She now lives on a Ranch about 45 min. away from Bartlesville. She also has two very nice cookbooks out.

Have a restful day off Angela.
Vickie, those chairs sound great. I think I need one.
Susanne, are you getting into a routine yet

Hope everyone has a great day.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 05-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #1779
Die Cut Diva

I finally have a few spare minutes to properly thank Vickie for her most wonderful kit. There were so many great goodies, I don't know where to begin! One of the first things I noticed was a bejeweled envelope opener. It has all kinds of stones and is just gorgeous! And it has my favorite colors:blue, green, and purple. But that was just the beginning of the fun! Also included were 2 embossing folders, 2 of the most adorable 6x6 pads, and all kinds of matching embellishments including flowers, brads, stickers, decorative pins, and more! Everything matches so nicely, and everything seems to be from the BasicGrey Fact and Fiction lines. It is awesome to have everything coordinate so well! Also in my package was a great stamp and matching die set, with a floral theme. I can't wait to try this out, as I have been eyeing these up for a while. Vickie very thoughtfully included several brands of Copic friendly white paper for me to try out, as well as some stamped images, some bling, and a cute butterfly charm! There was so much good stuff that I fear I am forgetting something, LOL. THANK YOU VERY MUCH for everything!! I love it all!
Old 05-08-2013, 03:22 PM   #1780
Hardware Hotshot

Heather!! Your fantastic package arrived. Yay! I'll take pix in a bit but right now I am savoring the magazine while the kids are entertained by a movie.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #1781
Hardware Hotshot

I have an amusing story that I forgot to tell you guys. We had a birthday party at the bowling alley Monday night (ugh, going to an evening birthday party on a Monday is soooo not my favorite) but the party was to have dinner at the bowling alley and then bowl.

Anywho, waitress comes to take our order. Caleb says, "I'll have a hot dog." I was surprised since he hates hot dogs so I question his order. "Well Mom," he says. "I wouldn't qualify THIS place and an actual restaurant so the food is probably going to be terrible. And, how hard is it to make a hot dog right?" Did I mention that the waitress (and the mom of the birthday boy) were standing right there?!!

Ahhh the brutal honesty of Aspergers. If you don't laugh, you will end up banging your head into a brick wall in embarrassment. It DID make me laugh tho.
leslie0090 likes this post.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #1782
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Joanna - I will try and get you a package of quilt patterns sent to you. If there is anything you want in particular, I'm sure I have it. I also am not a fan of Sunbonnet Sue.

Patti - Thank you so much for the fabulous package you sent me. I got home late and just got to briefly look through it. Boy, did you go above and beyond. I will post pictures tomorrow.

Okay I did a crazy thing. I ordered the 3 DVD set of Downton Abbey for my mom for Mother's Day. Well I had to open 2 & 3 so me and girls at work could watch. Well guess what, I have lost the Season 2. Good grief. Guess I will be out buying another copy on Friday.

I am going to take a picture of Patti's wonderful package and post tomorrow. Thanks again.

Meljen's Designs
Old 05-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #1783
Watercolor Wizard

Hello Ladies...
Well, I came home from work with 3 things on the counter waiting for me...
#1 A hunky box of Sunflower goodies from Tracie!!! WOW--love everything! (will post a photo Saturday)
#2 A belated Christmas present from Ali in England!
#3 A thank you card from the water heater company owner!!! (It looks like someone made a standard card and until I read the note and who it was from--I thought it was some guy cooking with an oven door opened!!! hahaha Oh, that big thing is supposed to be a furnace...I get it , I get it...

So thank you Tracie--wow girl you work fast! I will post pictures--right now I am counting the minutes to get to bed!

QueenieJO--Love the hotdog story...and I gotta say...sounds kinda along the lines that I am thinking--makes perfect sense--you wouldn't buy a hot dog in a pharmacy or a steak in a chicken in the bucket place... And really, how can anyone mess up a hot dog?!

Angela--I want one of your OO catty's if you have an extra one please...can't wait to see the new stuff.

I cannot wait to see all other's goody packages pictures too!

Linda /Denise (((hugs))) I feel so sorry for your loss(es)...my golly...so very sad.

Patti--good seeing you--and glad you found someone to take care of Mom a few days--it's so darn hard...especially when you have your life flying at warp speed!

Old 05-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #1784
Stampin' Fool

Thank you ladies for the good thoughts! Alex was an amazing, giving special young man. Yes, school was cancelled for the service. Greggs 3 children were born an raised in Agra, Ok an they have married an are raising their children there. They have a lot of family there from their mothers side, an he touched a lot of people from the very young to the elderly. There were over 800 people to say goodbye, it is such a blessing to know how much he was loved. Gregg will be going out in the near future, just not for sure when. Gregg did not have time to get out there for the funeral so he thought it would be better to go in a month or so an be able to spend some quality time with the family. I am still trying to talk him into flying but he is thinking about driving out an me coming too, I would love to but I have babysitting commitments. We will see.
We are taking it one day at a time, helpng our children an grandchildren here cope with their grief.
Thanks again love to all

Last edited by leslie0090; 05-08-2013 at 08:38 PM..
Old 05-08-2013, 10:54 PM   #1785
Die Cut Diva

Linda and Denise so sorry for your loss.

Joanna one of my scraping friends has a son with Aspergers and she has told stories like yours. He is graduating from college this week and she is so proud of him. Sometimes the honesty is hard to take especially when it is directed at her. I think she is like you and tries to laugh it off but sometimes its painful for her.

Susanne I DO have so much fun with my friends...I feel very lucky to have found a group like this who welcomed me with open arms. We like to compare ourselves to the Girlfriends stamps by AI and I have been scrapbooking my last birthday with those stamps. It's amazing how they just fit right in with the pictures I'm using.

Vickie I am still working on your kits, just don't want you to think I've forgotten you!!
The kit you sent me was so awesome I want to make yours special too.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:14 PM   #1786
Glitter Guru

Hi there,

Susanne- Wow, lots of packages. Have fun with all your new goodies !

Joanna- Fun story about the hot dogs and i think Caleb is right

Tracie- Have fun with Pattis kit. I'm looking forward to your "Stampavie" card

Patti- Sooo good to "see" you !!

My first week on the job was stressful, but I much prefer to work than none. I's nothing worse than boredom at work, right ?
BUT today is already a holiday here That means a short week. Work again tomorrow and then it´s weekend again.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:48 AM   #1787
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning friends!

I was just downstairs doing laundry, picked up one of DH's shirts, and a tick crawled on me. Ish! Maybe that's a great excuse to boycott laundry....

Hope everyone has a super day!

Old 05-09-2013, 06:51 AM   #1788
Hardware Hotshot

I am deeply disturbed! No laundry for me either!
MommaPatti and JadeOnline like this post.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #1789
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanna, I totally agree with Caleb! So honest but so funny. I am sure they understood.

I am going to leave next friday morning for Mountain View. Going to our other Alex's graduation. He is the one that is autistic and so thrilled that his 3 siblings from up here are going to come see him walk across the stage and his gma and Uncle Steve plus all his nieces and nephews, and maybe his Aunt Sherrill and Lindsey. We will spend the weekend.

Saturday night Drake will be celebrating his 7th birthday at the lake with hot dogs and I will be going to that.

I love the packages that have been arriving. Can't wait to see photos.

Tracie, mailed you one yesterday.

I know I've been behind on some things. Hope to catch up tomorrow or this weekend.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 05-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #1790
Watercolor Wizard

Well guess who woke me up at 3am this morning...I guess there was thunder and lightening and Muddy(no matter how close he is to me in bed), got up, stood on my side and proceeded to "whisper bark" me awake! So, I threw on some fleece walked downstairs and popped on the TV...curled up and told him...this is what we got buddy...he settled down after that! Yeesh!

Angela--I hate ticks--but so far so good--I think the chicken's are eating them out of the lawn and wooded area <gross> but that's what free roam chix eat and a side salad left overs from their auntie Susie!!!

Linda enjoy your weekend--it's so nice when the family (no matter how many) get together--sure do miss mine! We keep talking about a reunion--but then our bankbooks scream college tuitions and well you know how that goes!

Have you all tried the Elizabeth starform/adhesive glitter cards? We have the entire product line in our store--they are having a class with it (June) and Youtube/FB shows a bit on how to color with the Copics...kinda neat stuff...check it out. Lynne--the cute bird's dies I sent you are from Elizabeth...cute cards on their FB page of the birds too!

Okay so their semi annual sale is coming up and they have been gathering all kinds of goodies in the off store they keep for storage and classes--I already have dibs on a couple of things and I guess we get FIRST dibs before the public! I may have to work the event--but it will be fun and extra moolah...can't complain right? Angela--If I hit it right--you will reap the bennies from the sale! I'll have to go peek at your wish list--make sure it's updated okay?

I figured out their 40% sale table--they move things there first for a week or two...then when that doesn't sell, it get's moved into the BIG SALE lot...where they make down stamps to $1, $2--maybe up to $4...they do this flush twice a year May/November!

Last year, I went with a gift certificate, a credit on my voucher card, spent $10 and got over $200 bucks of merchandise (going by the green ticket retail price) Yikes! I was a happy woooman!

Tracie--promise pictures by Saturday--just don't feel like setting up my lil' camera booth tonight Thanks again! Did I tell you I just planted 15 plastic cups with sunflower seeds over the weekend? Ironic huh...not I have more to plant!!! Maybe they'll all grow and hide the badly needed paint job we need on the exterior of our yellow house?!!!

Have a good Friday!

Old 05-10-2013, 05:18 AM   #1791
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

The sun is finally out today...yay, it's going to be a good day!

Old 05-10-2013, 08:09 AM   #1792
Stazon Splitcoast

The sun is shining here today to Angela. It is going to be a beautiful day. I am going flower shopping today.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 05-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #1793

Sun is trying to shine through here today, but regardless, it's a beautiful day!

We are going to go to see The Great Gatsby tonight; has anyone seen it (the newest release with Leonardo DiCaprio)?

Hope everyone has a fabulous Friday!
Old 05-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #1794
Stazon Splitcoast

Vickie, I rarely go to a movie (usually kid flicks!), but I would love to see The Great Gatsby. Leo looks so refined in the trailers....

Linda, did you get your flowers? Do you have any Amish around your area? Here, the best flowers come from the Amish and their prices are really reasonable too. Don't know how many flowers we will get...Paisley loves to dig. Then she has a habit of looking at you like "What?" So innocent...right! Anyway, it sounds like you have a fun weekend planned...enjoy!

Joanna, is Holli a digger?

I went to the fabric store today and putzed around at my leisure...it was so much fun! I left with some fabric so I will be breaking out the machine. I bought some pretty knit to make Ivy a one shoulder tee, but she has a total lack of vision.... "Since when do you know how to make things?" LOL Little does she know, when I was her age I was making my own clothes! That was back when sewing was economical.... Not so much now.

Susanne, I wish I could come out and shop the sale at your store! It sounds so fun!

If anyone is interested, I am placing a personal O2 order tomorrow. I really want one of those mini lockets, plus the black too. I am offering $4 shipping, and buy 5 charms...get the 6th free. Just let me know.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #1795
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Angela - I PM'd you on a O2 order.

Linda - Got a fabulous package in the mail today. Definitely a WOW package. I was so excited to open it up. I sat at my leisure eating red licorice looking at each item. Thank you so much Linda. I love it all. I love all you Cameo cutouts too. They will come in handy. I will post a picture tomorrow.

Had a long list of things to do today but went shopping with my sister-in-law instead. We had a great time. I took my walk this morning and came across a garage sale. They had this cute little bookcase that I bought for $9 that all my SU stamps fit perfectly in. I am now inspired to move all my craft stuff to the basket and make my own little area.

Vickie - Can't wait to hear what you think of the movie. I would like to see it also.

I will post picture of my wonderful kits from Patty and Linda. I just love this group. Everyone is so generous and has such great ideas in their kits.

Meljen's Designs
Old 05-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #1796
Hardware Hotshot

I am completely pooped today. We spent all day sewing, trying to get inventory for our etsy shop (you are supposed to have 10 items to list, we currently have 7). I picked (what I thought) was a simple star pattern and it took ALL day to get all the pieces cut. My back is killing me from bending over using the rotary cutter.

Yes, Ang ... Holli IS a digger. She can't be outside unsupervised. And, while I was calling places to get her enrolled in remedial doggie school, I heard from 4 different trainers that Samoyeds are runners. Excellent. Apparently all nordic breeds are known to be escape artists.

I'm attaching the promised pictures of Heather's amazing kit as well as a block from the quilt I'm working on (yes, the seams don't match on this one ... my homework is to rip it and re-stitch it so I can attach it to the rest of the quilt.) When I finish the quilt, I will take another picture so you can get a better idea of what it looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
h3.jpg   h2.jpg   h1.jpg  
Old 05-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #1797
Hardware Hotshot

Forgot to attach the block pattern. Here it is:
Attached Thumbnails
photo.jpg  
Old 05-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #1798
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Very cute block pattern Joanna. Your points line up perfectly. I still am trying to get to the basement to pull you out some patterns. I have thousands so I am just going to pull some out and send them your way.

Meljen's Designs
Old 05-10-2013, 06:32 PM   #1799
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
Good morning friends!

I was just downstairs doing laundry, picked up one of DH's shirts, and a tick crawled on me. Ish! Maybe that's a great excuse to boycott laundry....

Hope everyone has a super day!
Expressing Farmer Sharon's chickens over to eat your ticks and bugs in your lawn!!! eeek!

Old 05-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #1800

I really, really enjoyed The Great Gatsby!! DH didn't like it until about the last 30 minutes he said it picked up; but I loved it from beginning to end; great acting, intense color (which is why I think DH didn't like it because the colors were more vibrant than most movies (which, to him, makes it more like fantasy or a musical than reality!)
Closed Thread