Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree88Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #1721
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda, so glad you are feeling better! Do take it easy though....

Kathleen, the dress is by Michael Kors...it's black with some heavy silver chain detail at the neckline and a heavier chain/leather belt...high neck with cutout shoulders. The chain detail makes it sound a bit "tough", but it's trendy in a classy way. It's so cute...I loved it the minute I saw it! I am guessing it was bought in a larger store and returned here; the store is in a town of 30,000 and doesn't carry M.K. so it was my lucky day!

Ivy is at a band competition...they aren't expected back until around midnight. Her band instructor is leaving to go to a smaller school where he can spend more time with his students. The kids really love him and I'm afraid they're disappointment is misguided as anger as in "he left us". I really hope the new person is good, because the current instructor has gone out of his way with Ivy and provided her a lot of opportunities to do a lot of cool things; she even lettered as a freshman, which is a big deal. There were only two of them; Ivy and her friend, Lainey.

Time to go check the dryer.... I am tackling the laundry mountain.... I really don't mind it too much either...good exercise running up and down the stairs!

Hope everybody has a great evening and weekend!

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #1722
Watercolor Wizard

Wow Linda--hope you are at your best soon--poor thing! Take it easy on the house work will ya--

NO SNOW HERE! I can proudly say I was sitting in sunshine most of this week! We had 70's and then a cold front...but nothing with it--dropped to 30s and right back up to 60's the next day! I feel for you gals with snow--I am done with it now (until next Christmas!)

Angela--where ya wearin' this hot dress? Got plans? Or was it such a good deal you just bought it to keep for a special occasion? I also hope Ivy/Lainey get a good replacement (love both their names-so unique)...I am sure they will shine on for the next guy/gal that replaces this instructor!

Linda--one of my posts this week did a double take too--wonder what that was all about? It stalled a bit when I hit the post button...then 2 showed up!? Guess we should tell Lydia the SCS IT gal...see if she is aware of this happening on here?

Well, you all would have been drooling on my job today--tomorrow is the 2nd Birthday card party at work and today we must have received 15 boxes of products--a ton from Sizzix which included all their new dies and flip it card dies...Oh mama mia what a boat load of product! I didn't sign up for this event because I went to the last one (but looking at the finished cards now--I kinda wished I had). Oh well, maybe I can mooch a card kit or two and do them on my own next week. But I have to tell ya, Judy and I cranked out the work today--straight through opening, in-putting and pricing merchandise for 4 hours straight! Sizzix has really stepped up their game with new stuff--they added another wall of just dies! I'll see what's left next Wednesday.

I hope everyone gets to relax over this weekend...see ya tomorrow--plugging in a movie and creating something... night night

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 05-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #1723
Watercolor Wizard

Wow Linda--hope you are at your best soon--poor thing! Take it easy on the house work will ya--

NO SNOW HERE! I can proudly say I was sitting in sunshine most of this week! We had 70's and then a cold front...but nothing with it--dropped to 30s and right back up to 60's the next day! I feel for you gals with snow--I am done with it now (until next Christmas!)

Angela--where ya wearin' this hot dress? Got plans? Or was it such a good deal you just bought it to keep for a special occasion? I also hope Ivy/Lainey get a good replacement (love both their names-so unique)...I am sure they will shine on for the next guy/gal that replaces this instructor!

Linda--one of my posts this week did a double take too--wonder what that was all about? It stalled a bit when I hit the post button...then 2 showed up!? Guess we should tell Lydia the SCS IT gal...see if she is aware of this happening on here?

Well, you all would have been drooling on my job today--tomorrow is the 2nd Birthday card party at work and today we must have received 15 boxes of products--a ton from Sizzix which included all their new dies and flip it card dies...Oh mama mia what a boat load of product! I didn't sign up for this event because I went to the last one (but looking at the finished cards now--I kinda wished I had). Oh well, maybe I can mooch a card kit or two and do them on my own next week. But I have to tell ya, Judy and I cranked out the work today--straight through opening, in-putting and pricing merchandise for 4 hours straight! Sizzix has really stepped up their game with new stuff--they added another wall of just dies! I'll see what's left next Wednesday.

I hope everyone gets to relax over this weekend...see ya tomorrow--plugging in a movie and creating something... night night

Old 05-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #1724
Die Cut Diva

Linda glad you are better!! Susanne your job sounds wonderful!! Sounds like you earn your money though as you stay so busy. I bet it's cool to see all the new stuff!

I'm going to an all day crop tomorrow so started packing as soon as I got home from work. Several things I want to work on so I'm taking lots with me. We'll see how that goes...heeheee
Old 05-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #1725
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

JCI to say hello! Hope everyone has a super Saturday!
Old 05-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #1726
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Got a wonderful package from Imke today in the mail. I love everything in it. A theme of butterflies is always something I will use. I have already used the miniature butterfly punch. So cute. I also got an embossing folder, Cosmo Cricket 6 x 6 paper pad, buttoms full embellishments, 3D Dots and 2 cute stamp sets. I can't wait to color the one with the kitty in it. Thanks so much Imke - I loved everything in the box.
Attached Thumbnails
001.jpg  

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 05-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #1727

Fabulous from Imke, Tracie! Have fun!
Old 05-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #1728
Watercolor Wizard

Tracie--nice stash from dear Imke! <--My computer wants to spell your name "Mike" isn't that funny? I was typing the list of names for the images and it would highlight "Imke" and have MIKE next to it! hahaha I kept telling it NO!!! There is no Mike in our group!

Okay so this morning I finally-finally got my rear over to our PO before it closed and I was at the counter and noticed something...some of your image envies have lil' pcs of hair under the tape--so I retraced my steps in my head wondering how come the tape was like this and then I remembered... hugging Muddy in my fleece jacket that seems to collect everything on it...I was taping the envies at the kitchen counter and I must have grabbed a floating hair? So, you'll all be receiving some of Muddy's DNA with your image!!! hahaha It's under the tape! Does this stuff only happen to me? haha

Old 05-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #1729
Watercolor Wizard

Tracie--nice stash from dear Imke! <--My computer wants to spell your name "Mike" isn't that funny? I was typing the list of names for the images and it would highlight "Imke" and have MIKE next to it! hahaha I kept telling it NO!!! There is no Mike in our group!

Okay so this morning I finally-finally got my rear over to our PO before it closed and I was at the counter and noticed something...some of your image envies have lil' pcs of hair under the tape--so I retraced my steps in my head wondering how come the tape was like this and then I remembered... hugging Muddy in my fleece jacket that seems to collect everything on it...I was taping the envies at the kitchen counter and I must have grabbed a floating hair? So, you'll all be receiving some of Muddy's DNA with your image!!! hahaha It's under the tape! Does this stuff only happen to me? haha

Old 05-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #1730
Die Cut Diva

That is a very nice kit! Speaking of kits, I received an absolutely wonderful one from Angela yesterday. There was delicious chocolate, bling galore, the cutest house mouse stamp, a neat 6x6 paper pad, and embellishments like you wouldn't believe! And I love the ladybug/insect theme she went with. The little charms are so cute, I love the high-quality cardstock, and also included was a sparkly red pen very cutely bundled up in some felt. I have DEFINITELY been spoiled!! And I still have one more kit to look forward to!
Old 05-05-2013, 12:06 AM   #1731
Glitter Guru

Hi everyone, just checking in....

Tracie- Youīre welcome. With the butterflies I was sure and Iīm glad you like the rest

Susanne- My cellphone always want to write GOLD if if use the automatic writer identification. MIKE makes sense because of all letters but GOLD ? **lol** AND about your job. Iīm with Tracie: Itīs cheaper to stay busy

Angie- Have fun with your kit. Angelaīs kits are always fabulous!

Linda- Glad you are feeling better. Take some time out to relax !

Pat - Another crop ? Have FUN !!

We have wonderful sunny weather here. We love to sit on our deck and relax but tomorrow i have to go back to work. The free days off are over.....
Old 05-05-2013, 05:01 AM   #1732
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Waiting on the sun to come out today. The weatherman promises it will be a good day.

Imke - Where do you buy you stampavie stamps. They are so adorable. I have stamped off the image you sent me and hope to color it today.

Linda - Hope you are feeling better.

Vickie - Sometime I would like you to tell me where all you go on SCS. I feel I don't use it to it's potential. I am going to try and go to the selling part and try and sell some quickutz dies that I have. I have a whole notebook that I don't use any more.

Angela - Got my catalog in the mail. I should be e-mailing you today or tomorrow.

Meljen's Designs
Old 05-05-2013, 05:05 AM   #1733
Watercolor Wizard

Imke/Tracie--talk about self control on the job! This week we got in all brand new stamps and dies! I did buy a lil' something this week--DP, and the music notes die from memorybox--have the perfect card in my head for that die--Lady at the piano singing stamp by Art Impressions...Vickie--I made you that card-(think you said you might have this AI stamp too)-now they have a music measure of notes...plan to doll up some cards with that die!

And, ladies..whoever bought the envy punch--we got the glue in for the envy's called something like "Lick Mick" glue--it's a white container with green writing and a picture of a dog on it (with his tongue hangin' out)...its supposed to be environmentally "green" safe-blah blah blah...but it is glue that you use, let it dry so you can re-moisten it and close the envies after you make them! However, our envy punches are still not in stock--we have 2 pages of pre-orders from customers so far at my store! I am still waiting for my punch! {I keep writing to Oh My Crafts...and they keep saying...I am in the next batch of customers to receive it?!!!)

Linda_-is Denise affected by the fires in CA? We need some rain here too--but it hasn't been hot so we're still safe from brush fires.

Anyway, have a great day everyone!

Old 05-05-2013, 05:05 AM   #1734
Watercolor Wizard

Imke/Tracie--talk about self control on the job! This week we got in all brand new stamps and dies! I did buy a lil' something this week--DP, and the music notes die from memorybox--have the perfect card in my head for that die--Lady at the piano singing stamp by Art Impressions...Vickie--I made you that card-(think you said you might have this AI stamp too)-now they have a music measure of notes...plan to doll up some cards with that die!

And, ladies..whoever bought the envy punch--we got the glue in for the envy's called something like "Lick Mick" glue--it's a white container with green writing and a picture of a dog on it (with his tongue hangin' out)...its supposed to be environmentally "green" safe-blah blah blah...but it is glue that you use, let it dry so you can re-moisten it and close the envies after you make them! However, our envy punches are still not in stock--we have 2 pages of pre-orders from customers so far at my store! I am still waiting for my punch! {I keep writing to Oh My Crafts...and they keep saying...I am in the next batch of customers to receive it?!!!)

Linda_-is Denise affected by the fires in CA? We need some rain here too--but it hasn't been hot so we're still safe from brush fires.

Anyway, have a great day everyone!

Old 05-05-2013, 05:06 AM   #1735
Watercolor Wizard

Sorry.. I have no control over these duplicate posts--write Lydia at SCS about them...seems to be happening to me on this swap only--was fine on our other swap across the hall!

Old 05-05-2013, 05:13 AM   #1736
Glitter Guru

Susanne, don't worry, it seems to be happening all over SCS, I saw a thread and Lydia said they are looking into it.

LOL, I would need major restraint to not buy all the new stuff! The music note die sounds great.

Imke, enjoy your last day before going back to work.

Pat, have fun at the crop.

Angela, sounds like a pretty dress, glad you were able to make it there to get it.

Lynne, fun kits, enjoy! Is your dog back to normal, or getting there? Hope so!
Old 05-05-2013, 07:33 AM   #1737

Lynne, enjoy your kit from Angela. (Let's hope that "last kit" is delivered soon!)
Old 05-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #1738
Die Cut Diva

Good Morning!! The crop yesterday was loads of fun...all four of us made it so even more fun being all together. We're planning a little roadtrip this friday. One of our favorite scrapbookings shops is about 45 minutes away and we were planning to spend the day there. So lucky I'm off work next Friday!!
I got quite a bit done yesterday...considering but I have fallen way behind on cards for birthdays and such so hope to spend today catching up at home. It's another rainy day so laundry and cardmaking seems the best way to spend the day!!
Hope all of you enjoy your Sunday.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #1739
Die Cut Diva

Kathleen-Onyx is doing much better, thank you. He's back to trying to eat everything in sight.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #1740
Hardware Hotshot

Just got back from the Denver Quilt Festival. It was smaller than in past years but I still managed to drop a bundle on fabric. Sigh. And THAT was me being frugal.

There was one booth that was visually STUNNING and I started talking to the owner (while my friend shopped - I had already spent my limit). Her quilts were beautiful but the thing that really grabbed my attention was that she printed her own fabric. Her theme was the Pony Express and all her fabric related to that theme. She had the Gettysburg Address on one and the oath of the Pony Express on another. The colors were very vintage (reminded me of Tim Holtz). Anyway, I started thinking .... why can't I make my own fabric line and sell it? I'm kinda obsessed on that thought. There has got to be a way to make my creativity pay off (or at least pay for my hobby!)

Off to sew.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #1741
Hardware Hotshot

Regarding the double posts: I notice only some people do it. What software are you running as your web browser Linda and Sus? I'm wondering if it's a problem with Chrome (for example). It seems to me that if it were SCS's fault then EVERY post would be duplicate. Just random thoughts.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #1742
Hardware Hotshot

Vickie, I made my card on my blog from some of your kit supplies. Thanks again!
Vickie Y likes this post.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:36 PM   #1743

I LOVEEEEEE my DH! He got me a KindleFire HD today!!! I have no idea how to use it yet, so am going to Best Buy tomorrow for a "lesson!" Do any of you have a KindleFire?? Is it easy to catch on regarding apps etc?? You see, my cell phone is an oldie but a goodie and I don't need a fancy cell; but I just mentioned casually to him while we were in Barnes and Noble that I was thinking about looking at either a Nook or KindleFire. So we went our separate ways, and then he saunders over to me and tells me to go look at the Nook 'cause the clerk was waiting for me. I could tell that the clerk wasn't into making a sale and the little info he gave me, I knew I would prefer the KindleFire if I EVER did consider (we do have one of the first Kindle's, but neither one of us use it much). BUT, I was just going to look at a Fire because of my upcoming train trip. So, BestBuy is next door to Barnes and Noble; we go over there to look. Next thing I know is the Fire is going home with me!!! I'm a happy girly!!
Queenbee Jo likes this post.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #1744
Hardware Hotshot

Nice surprise! I think Angela mentioned once that she has a Kindle Fire. Maybe she can give you some pointers.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #1745
Stazon Splitcoast

I'll bet you are right Joanna. I use Chrome. We'll see what happens when I post this time.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 05-06-2013, 03:39 AM   #1746
Glitter Guru

Tracie- I bought the Stampavie stamp at a German online store. They have a large selection of Penny Black, Whipper Snapper, House Mouse, Stampavie and Rileyīs. But there are many other shops in the www. Just google "stampavie" and on their HP you can choose a country and a shop. Canīt wait to see your card.

Joanna- Interesting idea to print your own fabric. If you have the opportunity -why not ? You only need ideas, machines, printers, fabrics, colors and MONEY . Trade shows are great to get new ideas. Love that too !

Vickie- What a nice gift from your DH ! Have fun with it. Luckily I'm not a techie. We have a notebook, a computer, cell phone (of course not a i-phone but an old very old-fashioned ) and that's enough. **lol**

Linda- Your Thank You card arrived last week. I totally forget to give you note. Sorry, for being late. I was very pleased - now thanks to you !
I saw on TV the forest fires in CO. I think it's around Los Angeles. Denise does not live in this area, right ?

Pat- Itīs so nice to hear that you had a great time at the crop. And your shopping trip this weekend sounds fabulous. Have FUN !

I'm working on a tri-shutter-christmas card. You heard right - christmas !
I got from Susanne the "Nutcracker Sweet" DP from Graphic 45 and I really wanted to work with it now. Such a card is so much work. There are so many fields on it. Now, the DP I have already glued and now even the decoration missing.

About double posts: If i write a post or reply i get the text: The next message have to wait 15 sec or something like that. I donīt react (i donīt send it again) to it and my post is still published.

Wish you all a great Monday !!
Old 05-06-2013, 05:40 AM   #1747
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning ladies!

Our foot of snow is almost gone and boy, is the grass green! I hope this 30 degree weather is behind us.

Vickie, I do have a Kindle Fire...I rarely use it because Ivy always has it. She uses it for homework, watches movies on it, Facebook, etc. I hope you enjoy yours...I bet you will actually get to use it since you don't have kids at home to nab it! LOL

Tracie, let me know if you have any questions. I have the black locket and chain, along with a couple of the minis on my wish list...there are other things too.... I have a Jewelry Bar scheduled for Saturday...I am very excited about that!

It was my students last day yesterday...I am sad to see her go; it is fun to have a sidekick and it is nice to change things up a bit at work too. She really did an exceptional job...my best one in all my 22 years and I have worked with a LOT of them. Up until yesterday I thought she was already an LPN, but she is a NA presently. I have never, in my career, met anyone with such good people skills. I am working to get her hired...she could hit the floor with a couple days worth of orientation...she's that good. Yesterday she surprised me with a Caramel Frappe, a gift, and a beautiful bouquet of flowers. What a way to start the day! I wish she wouldn't have spent her money on me though...I know what it is like to be in college, broke, need a new car, etc. I will take a photo and post it later. My blog post tomorrow will have the card I made for her.

Imke, I hope work goes well after your break.

Joanna, I would love to have gone to that event with you. I love fabric just like I love paper. I think you should investigate designing fabric...how fun that would be! Do you think we will ever get to Mood someday? That would be so cool! On my bucket list for sure....

Kathleen, how did the weekend go? Did you get the kids to all their activities?

Ivy had an academic banquet last night...missed it since I was at work. Tonight she has a bonfire at a classmates house. I mentioned this morning that I would call his Mom to see if there was anything I could do to help...you know, bring food or whatever. "Mom, don't you dare!" Said in horrified manner! LOL Must be the farm girl in me...if you go, you take something....

Susanne, sounds like you have wonderful restraint! It must be so much fun unpacking the goodies.... I have no place special to wear my new dress, but with the warm weather I break out the dresses...love them! No matching, one piece, add accessories and you are polished and out the door...easy peasy!

Pat, I want to come hang out with you and your crafting friends! You are always doing something fun....

Lynne, glad your package arrived! Sounds like you and Tracie have some new goodies to play with....

Ivy and my Mom are trying new caramel recipes; personally I think they all taste pretty much the same. I think she will roll them out for Father's Day. We have a busy week ahead...34 dozen cupcakes and it is only Monday....

Off to catch up around the house...after working the weekend it always is a disaster....

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow

Last edited by monkeymama; 05-06-2013 at 05:45 AM..
Old 05-06-2013, 07:07 AM   #1748
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciae View Post
Good Morning!! The crop yesterday was loads of fun...all four of us made it so even more fun being all together. We're planning a little roadtrip this friday. One of our favorite scrapbookings shops is about 45 minutes away and we were planning to spend the day there. So lucky I'm off work next Friday!!
I got quite a bit done yesterday...considering but I have fallen way behind on cards for birthdays and such so hope to spend today catching up at home. It's another rainy day so laundry and cardmaking seems the best way to spend the day!!
Hope all of you enjoy your Sunday.
You always make these crops sound like so much fun Pat! They all sound good until I see a room full of beds! I snore and (heard) that sometimes I have full conversations with myself--Tom nudges me to sleep on my side, wakes me up and I start talking nonsense!!! haha (it's his fault for waking me up)! Anyway, if they had private rooms to sleep I would be more apt to go to one--I'd feel so guilty keeping 20 tired croppers up all night with my snoring!

Old 05-06-2013, 07:16 AM   #1749
Watercolor Wizard

Vickie--I too was surprised with a Kindle Fire last Christmas--opened it on Christmas day and haven't used or seen it since!!! Patrick is the only one in the house w/o a computer so he pretty much took it over! I never bought a book or attempted to learn how it works--NOW, he'll be getting a laptop for his Grad gift b4 he goes to college this August--wonder if I'll get my Kindle back...or give that one to him and ask for the LARGER version Kindle with HD...we shall see...the saga continues!

Angela--Patrick also uses the Kindle for homework and FB!!!

I used to love dressing UP...but lately comfort and non binding clothes have won me over--I get home from work and only want to get rid of my jeans and put my comfy fleecy pants and jacket on...I call it my "marshmallow jammies"...nothing is more comfy then fleecy clothes (when it's cool/cold) outside! I don't own a dress!!!! The last one I bought was for Tom's father's funeral--grabbed it off the rack at Kohl's for $20 and promptly gave it to goodwill the last time I cleaned my closet...cuz all I could think of was that would be Poppo's funeral dress...can't wear it for happy occasions! (psycho babble)...but you know--if it had been bought for a good fun event originally, I might have kept it. The black/gray pattern on it made my eyes cross anyway...so out it went!

Tracie...not sure if I said this already...(racing through posts)...nice kit!!!

Old 05-06-2013, 07:17 AM   #1750
Watercolor Wizard

Vickie--I too was surprised with a Kindle Fire last Christmas--opened it on Christmas day and haven't used or seen it since!!! Patrick is the only one in the house w/o a computer so he pretty much took it over! I never bought a book or attempted to learn how it works--NOW, he'll be getting a laptop for his Grad gift b4 he goes to college this August--wonder if I'll get my Kindle back...or give that one to him and ask for the LARGER version Kindle with HD...we shall see...the saga continues!

Angela--Patrick also uses the Kindle for homework and FB!!!

I used to love dressing UP...but lately comfort and non binding clothes have won me over--I get home from work and only want to get rid of my jeans and put my comfy fleecy pants and jacket on...I call it my "marshmallow jammies"...nothing is more comfy then fleecy clothes (when it's cool/cold) outside! I don't own a dress!!!! The last one I bought was for Tom's father's funeral--grabbed it off the rack at Kohl's for $20 and promptly gave it to goodwill the last time I cleaned my closet...cuz all I could think of was that would be Poppo's funeral dress...can't wear it for happy occasions! (psycho babble)...but you know--if it had been bought for a good fun event originally, I might have kept it. The black/gray pattern on it made my eyes cross anyway...so out it went!

Tracie...not sure if I said this already...(racing through posts)...nice kit!!!

Old 05-06-2013, 07:18 AM   #1751
Watercolor Wizard

Yes QueenieJO...I have Google Chrome as my browser! I am also having difficulty uploading SU's new Paper Pumpkin ad for that web page...so I might have to go back to Internet explorer? Checking on this today with SU too!

Lydia wrote me back thanking me for giving this info about the double posts--said it was happening through the entire website...so I am not the only one!

Old 05-06-2013, 07:19 AM   #1752
Watercolor Wizard

Heart Susie's double posts...b'cuz you can't get enough!!! hahaha

Yes QueenieJO...I have Google Chrome as my browser! I am also having difficulty uploading SU's new Paper Pumpkin ad for that web page...so I might have to go back to Internet explorer? Checking on this today with SU too!

Lydia wrote me back thanking me for giving this info about the double posts--said it was happening through the entire website...so I am not the only one!

Old 05-06-2013, 07:48 AM   #1753
Stazon Splitcoast

Please keep Denise and Gregg in your prayers. Gregg was married before and has 3 children here in Oklahoma. His first Grandchild Alex, a Jr. in high school was killed this morning in a car wreck on the way to school. Denise was very close to him and of course they are so far away, it only makes it harder. He was such a good kid.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 05-06-2013, 08:02 AM   #1754

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
Please keep Denise and Gregg in your prayers. Gregg was married before and has 3 children here in Oklahoma. His first Grandchild Alex, a Jr. in high school was killed this morning in a car wreck on the way to school. Denise was very close to him and of course they are so far away, it only makes it harder. He was such a good kid.
Linda, Denise, and families, so sad to hear this. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #1755
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Linda - I feel so bad for Denise and Gregg. It must be terrible to lose a child. I don't think you are every prepared for that.

Today is my last day off with my mini vacation. I got almost everything accomplished that I wanted to do. Tonight I am fixing steaks on the grill with baked sweet potatoes and some broccoli on the side.

Angela - I would love your job. I worked in a quilt shop once. My favorite job yet.

My sister is in charge of the farmers market at a local town near mine. She does so much work for it. Every year they have a raffle and donate the money. Since my dad had cancer this year and the cancer society in his county were so helpful, my sister decided the funds for the raffle will go to them. I am donating a quilt I made. I will try and attach a photo but I took it this morning and it wasn't the best. I hand quilted the medallions and had a friend machine quilt the rest.

Joanna - I used to love going to those quilt shows. Sadly they are not having it in this area any more. Nothing like pretty fabric to inspire you.
Attached Thumbnails
002.jpg  

Meljen's Designs
Old 05-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #1756
Hardware Hotshot

Such a pretty dresden pattern Tracie! Did you make that? Fantastic!! I just quilted one for a friend who found the quilt top in an old trunk in her mother's attic. She had to patch a few moth holes before she could give it to me. It was GORGEOUS after it was done
Old 05-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #1757
Hardware Hotshot

I want to make something with points for my next project. I haven't picked a pattern yet ... any suggestions?

I should probably finish my last quilt but I don't really want to. It's brown and burgundy. The problem is that I have this yummy blue material that I want to use.

We have to go to a birthday party for a 5 year old in a few minutes. It's going to be a long night.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #1758
Stampin' Fool

Thank you ladies, we are still in shock an trying to deal with this terrible loss. He was an awesome, amazing young man with the biggest heart an so very special. Hardest thing I believe I've dealt with in years. I had to break it to not only Alex's aunts an uncle here but also his cousins, the girls Lexie an Annabelle were close an stayed in touch via facebook, Thanks again for the support, it means a lot!
Old 05-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #1759
Hardware Hotshot

So sorry for your loss Denise
Old 05-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #1760

I am so bummed that Lynne's package hasn't yet arrived. I contacted my PO and was told a First-Class International package cannot be tracked; she suggested waiting at least 15 days and then ask the intended recipient to contact the Canadian customs office to inquire about it. I do have the Custom Form # and will give that number to Lynne the end of the week if the package hasn't arrived by then.
Closed Thread