Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree88Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 05:57 PM   #1441
Die Cut Diva

Patti sounds like CKC is just what you need!! I'm not really into taking classes, it seems that I just do better working on my on. However I really enjoyed the classes given by Sophia with Strickly Scrapbooking. I learned a lot more in her classes than in some others and the pages were beautiful!! There were several Melissa Frances classes and they made beautiful albums and I really love her papers but I had to bring most of hers home, I just work too slow and fall behind the rest of the class. The Melissa Frances booth was my favorite I think, they had lots of 50% off and $1 items. I loved the Queen & Co booth too, I'm set for a long time with their cute embellies.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #1442
Stazon Splitcoast

Patti, no wonder you have been depressed. The things that are going on in your life are very depressing and your poor Mother who of course doesn't understand is making it harder for you even though I know she doesn't mean to. I am feeling so bad for you and have you in our prayers. You definitely need CKC and some Patti time. You can cry on our shoulders anytime, isn't that what friends are for? You are special!

Pat, I am so bad. Thanks for reminding me what company makes that image. About 3 months ago I looked it up and already forgot. I am so glad you had a good time. I really want to go to CKC in KS City. I am hoping I can talk Debra into going so I would have a ride but if not maybe I'll try to fly. I just panic driving in places that are big and that I don't know my way around.

Vickie, my test was today, over and finished and it actually wasn't so bad this time. They took a couple of steps out of it, not the folded arms and not the shots of nuclear meds but no treadmill. That was a help. I won't know the results until about a week from now.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 04-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #1443
Hardware Hotshot

Patti ... go ahead and be a "debby-downer" with us ... we have big shoulders to cry on and that's what we are here for. Heaven knows I've whined and cried here. It's your turn sweetie. Thinking about YOU today.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:32 AM   #1444
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Linda, glad the tests are over and now the wait begins for the results.

Patti, as others have said, we are here for each other, good times and not so good times.

For CKC in Fort Wayne I've signed up for 2 Heartfelt Creations classes (decorative 3D card class and the delicate aster card class) and an Amy Tangerine Fabulous Flowers class.

Today is grocery shopping day which is only tolerable because I get to "visit" Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and Joanns before groceries!

Hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:53 AM   #1445
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Actually, to search, type in Creating Keepsakes Convention (otherwise, you'll end up at a kennel club! LOL)
HAHAHAHA! Thanks Vickie...I needed this! hahaha

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 04-09-2013, 06:58 AM   #1446
Forum Fanatic

Okay--tawk about high gear here--my SU hostess was hemmin' and hawin' about my "total" guests tonight--at first it was like 5-7 (easy)...well the list is up to 21!!! (3 maybe's in there a couple of "serious crafting kids"...) So, I have been doing tailspins switching up...designed an easy card, Imke's bookmark (the corner bookmark) and the HUGE paperclip...all using the Mixed Bunch Flower theme and SU polka dot papers! Still working here..in jammies--I love Glue Zots (bought them for the first time--the big jumbo globs)...in lieu of a glue gun--we will use these on the paperclip! <brilliant>!!! <--Saw some Youtube SU gal do this and the lightbulb went on--no glue gun-YES! I am bound to find a couple of "glob Zots" behind my ears here--you should see my 4 desks (1/2 organized 1/2 cyclone! hahaha Okay, back to work--hope they buy SU from me!!!<wishin'> Have a great day-taking pictures...need to figure out how to fill out the SU forms! hahaha <seriously laughing here> Here goes nuttin'!

Old 04-09-2013, 08:10 AM   #1447
Hardware Hotshot

It's a 'jammy day here too (well, the kids are at least). School was cancelled much to their great joy and the oldest is happily playing legos. Youngest is rolling on the floor with the dog, "singing" her to sleep. You can imagine how THAT'S going. She's standing over top of him, trying to lick him to death. There is no sleep going on.

You are going to do GREAT Suser. With your personality, you got this one in 'da bag!'

Off to figure out dinner.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #1448
Die Cut Diva

Vickie-Can I come grocery shopping with you?!

Well, I probably WILL be heading to a Michaels today. Even though I was just in there last night, LOL. I bought an organizer for all of my decorative/washi tape, and I bought this spinning thing you can hang stuff onto with clips. I am using it to hold embellishments. They take up a lot less space this way, AND I'll always be reminded of what I DO have. I may also hang completed (colored) images up there to make sure I use them.

I don't know about other crafters, but I think I spend relatively little time actually putting cards together. Some days I just like to stamp or color, some days I just want to play with my dies, etc. I have learned the hard way that if I don't feel like putting a card together and force it, that it will turn out to be total crap.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #1449
Glitter Guru

I need to go to Micheals too. I'm working on a wreath and I need a base for it.

Lynne, sounds like you're getting some great organizing devices! I need that. My table is such a mess right now, trying to keep everything out of Claire's reach.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #1450

Wow, Lynne, love the organizers you described, esp. the washi tape organizer. Here's what my grocery shopping netted: only went to Hobby Lobby...got some baseball papers, lots of pretties from the wedding department (feathers, little flowers, ribbon, corsage pins), a half-yard of lace for some flowers I want to make, and I don't know why, but I'm into the House Mouse, Gruffies, and Happy Hoppers stamps...I have a few, and wanted to pick up a few more, but, gasp! HL crafting stuff including stamps, is getting very bare...only brought one HM stamp home (Soda Fitz). BUT, at the grocery store I got some baseball ribbon, owl ribbon, Kaiser Craft adhesive pearls, washi tape, and beads for letter openers!! (and, a week's worth of food!!) LOL

Going to have Tacos for dinner this evening!

Have a good evening everyone!
Old 04-09-2013, 12:55 PM   #1451

Joanna, oh my, a snow day! It is 70 here today with storms expected this evening. Love the warm weather and no coat!
Old 04-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #1452
Hardware Hotshot

I know Vickie, I actually had to search a bit to find the heavy jacket (it is C-C-COLD out there). I giggled at your grocery store finds. My DH was disgruntled to find craft supplies creep into our basket this week when we shopped.

I don't know what my problem is today ... I have an entire day to craft and I've got no mojo. I finished the insides of 4 cards, took apart one card because it "needed something" and here I am, lurking on the internet instead of DOING something crafty. Sigh.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #1453
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all!

Patti, thinking of and praying for you and your mother. Miss you here, but certainly understand that you are not left with any time. I agree, you need some "Patti time"! Please take a bit of time for yourself to rejuvenate...even a small amount of time doing something you love might help.

Susanne, good luck tonight...I am excited for you! Wish I could be there!

Wonderful kits arriving!

Tracie, I think it is the kit from you that has the cute image of a little boy fishing...who makes that?

Linda, glad your test is over! Glad your necklace arrived and you like it! You did a great job photographing it...I was having trouble with glare from the crystals....

Lynne, sounds like you are getting good and organized!

Vickie, that is some grocery store you have! Craft supplies, how cool is that? I am thinking that H.L. might be getting some new items because I saw a lot of bare spots on the shelves too.

Joanna, it is cold here today too. My card kept blowing away when I was trying to load my groceries into the car.

Heather, I don't want to scare you but a TIA can be a precursor to a CVA. It's important, more than ever, that your Grandpa take good care of himself.

Better get busy...have a great night everybody!

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 04-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #1454
Glitter Guru

Patti, I've been thinking of you and your mom, too. Sorry it is so stressful for you. I agree with everyone, come here and vent, we are here for you!

Linda, glad your test went easier than you expected. Hoping for good results for you. Loved the picture of your locket, it's so pretty.

Pat, the CKC convention sounds fun! I got your card today, it's stunning. You always pick the best color combos out and that image is darling. Thank you so much, it made my day!

Lynne, I need some help organizing over here. Sounds like you are on a roll, that's great! How is the round thing with clips working out? I thought they looked really cool, but haven't bought one yet. I've even seen people hang small stamp sets in plastic bags on it. It looks really neat.

Heather, I hope your grandfather is doing OK. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

Vickie, did you say craft supplies at the grocery store??!!! Wow, that's awesome. What fun. Glad you hit Hobby Lobby too.

Susanne, good luck with your SU event! Hope you have big sales. Wish I was closer, it would be a blast to come to it.

Angela, I think the minis for a $1 is a fine price. I love mini cupcakes, just the right amount. Especially for kids. Ivy really has a thriving business there!

Joanna, snow in April, ack! I feel you, I couldn't get much done today either, I got sucked into pinterest. LOL, I was a pinning fool. Oh well, I had fun!

Imke, I never met someone doing so many renovations, wow. Your house is going to be perfect! Glad you got the septic system worked out.

Well, if you all are going to KC in the fall for CKC, I'm coming. How many of you are really thinking of going? Wouldn't that be fun!

Think I'm going to turn in early tonight! Hoping to do some gardening tomorrow morning when Finn and Lilah are in preschool. It's only about 2 hours, but cutting back some bushes is better done while they aren't around trying to get underfoot.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #1455

Yes, I could spend a small fortune at the grocery store just on craft supplies. The store is Meijers; I think it's home office is in Wisconsin (or Michigan??) and it is mainly located in the Midwest states.

Kathy, I am really thinking about returning to CKC in KC this October.

Going to turn in early this evening, so will be back tomorrow! Good night!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #1456
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeOnline View Post
I need to go to Micheals too. I'm working on a wreath and I need a base for it.

Lynne, sounds like you're getting some great organizing devices! I need that. My table is such a mess right now, trying to keep everything out of Claire's reach.
FYI..I (hate to enable) but I just bought (5) Michaels clear 14x14 boxes for $2.89 (regular price is. $8.99) they had a storage sale this weekend--just so happens I needed my SU stuff in it's own box to take tonight--Lucky? YES! hahaha Their MS aisle is shrunk down--they moved Smash books into Martha's aisle!!! And, still not NEW MS punches (the new round ones)...is Michaels and Marfa not getting along?

Old 04-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #1457
Forum Fanatic

So my very first Workshop was a delight--I loved the fact that I could say "This is my very first--so don't expect miracles and answers to your questions--we're gonna have to do this together ladies"!!! hahahahaha (Such good salesmenship huh? hahaha

I got orders, but no hostess code--I just went to look for this infamous Hostess code and it's a secret? Robin (the host) said I emailed it to her--Oh goodie..now I really feel like a big fat jerk! hahaha (I am calling SU first thing tomorrow morning--or my afternoon, their morning!)...Lot's of nice ladies and I think I have some takers on new class people too! This is fun! I am exhausted...thanks for all the support ladies...I have a photo of my wishful Jeep LIberty (white with a sun roof) over my monitor screen on the bulletin board...today, I made some headway towards my goal!

Old 04-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #1458
Forum Fanatic

Oh...fyi..I am keeping this workshop opened to the end of this week if anyone is interested---just thought I'd say that_-don't know if that makes a difference to anyone out there or if you reap any special deals (learning curve)...

Old 04-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #1459
Stazon Splitcoast

Lynn, sounds like you are really getting things organized. I am also interested in how you like the clip thing.

We had 80 degree weather today, so warm but storm warnings later tonight or early morning. This is tornado alley and it is time.

I am worn out tonight and don't know why. Did nothing but make a pineapple upside down cake and two cards. We went out to eat tonight.

I am coming to KC if I can talk Debra into it.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 04-10-2013, 02:57 AM   #1460
Gallery Gazer

Patti- We are always here for you !!!

Vickie- Your "grocery shopping" sounds like FUN

Kathy- Our house was built in 1954. After over 60 years a lot is broken or worn. This is normal, and we knew it before we bought it. It has been the home of my grandparents. To deal with companies, we can not afford. Craftsmen are very expensive. Therefore, we do many things yourself and luckily my husband is very cleverly crafted. Otherwise it would not be possible. It's just a lot of work, but when we're finished, it no longer needs to be renewed. We do it for ourselves and more money through our own work, we can not save.
Enjoy working in the garden. With us is not to think about gardening. It is still too cold !

Susanne- WOW !!! What a great success, congratulations !!! I've also just ordered SU cardstock online......in Germany I'd rather come to your BIG party !!

Linda- Your necklace looks very beautiful- love it. You have to insert the charms by yourself ? I have not yet understood. Have fun with your lovely kits !

Lynne- I love to be organized too. I have no place to hang something, because I have no separate craft room. I have everything in drawers and shelves. I have to craft in our livingroom and I must always clean up everything. That's my kind of organization

Heather- Unfortunately, I do not understand all this many medical matters. I can not translate correctly. I understand that he has no alzheimer/dementia. I wish your grandfather in any case all the best !!!
Old 04-10-2013, 04:18 AM   #1461
Gabfest Goddess

Awwww, ladies, thank you all so much for your good thoughts and support. I knew I could vent safely here, just being able to take the time on the computer to "play" and visit with my friends instead of having to do some kind of work or research made the difference. I ended up calling off work last night and just took the time to relax in the evening with DH, and get some sleep has helped a small bit also.

Jo, I was amazed when I watched the evening news and saw reports of the snow in Colorado! The last two days here have been sunny and near 70! But it's coming our way....predictions of a high of 37 and rain for Friday . Still would rather not get the severe storms that Linda has to face, though. I just want spring to come and STAY. Your post about jammy day had me laughing out loud picturing your son "singing" Holli to "sleep" and her licking him! I needed that laugh!

Imke, that is wonderful that your husband is so talented to do remodel work around the house! Our house was built in 1954 also, so I also know of what kinds of problems you deal with. It IS so expensive to have someone come in and do any kind of work, I am lucky that my DH is also "cleverly crafted" or we could not afford to fix things up around here.

Susanna-danna! CONGRATS on your BEEG party! We all knew with your bubbly "can-do" personality that it would go well! Good work! (BTW... I have a Jeep Liberty and LOVE, love, love it! Awesome goal!)

I am in agreement with the rest of you...we all need to go grocery shopping with Vickie! My grocery store certainly doesn't have crafting goodies . We have no Meijers around here, but I've been to them when my DD lived in Columbus. Great place to go "grocery" shopping (but it's probably better that we don't have 'em up here or my grocery budget would be gone the first thing every month!)

Oh, Kathy, I knew I missed someone in my greetings to all! sorry I am always so amazed that you find time to post here, get all those lovely cards created (I see them when you post to FB), and take care of that house full of kiddos!

Lynne, I am interested in how you like that clip organizer? I've seen them, wondered how they work out. We can get first hand reviews from you! I am like you in that I don't always get cards put together. Sometimes if I have no mojo, i end up organizing instead of actually creating. But you're right, if you force the issue, you end up not liking what you made!

Linda, mmmmm, pineapple upside down cake sounds delish...might have to stop over your house to get a sample!

Pat, thanks for the tips on CKC...I will definitely take your recommendations to consideration when planning my adventure!

Oh, with so many planning on CKC in KC in October, I might have to see if I can swing that one, too...it would be too much fun to have a group of Swapping Secret Sisters getting together!! I am so looking forward to meeting Vickie in May/June!!

Since I didn't work last night but was supposed to, everyone thinks I am sleeping today<shhhhh, don't tell>, I have a day free to do as I like! I have a couple errands I should run, but I think I will start the day in the craft room...if I don't get anything else done but playing, oh well....

Have a happy Wednesday, friends!
Old 04-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #1462
Forum Fanatic

Patti--I missed your last note I think--sorry--{{{big hugs}}} You'll see, things will get better-I took care of my mom at the end...Tom and his sibs took care of both parents (sick at the same time) It seems like day's move into weeks until they are settled into a care facility. {That's half the battle--putting your mind at ease knowing they are being cared for every minute of the day.} It's hard work from your end...and you do need to give yourself some me time when you can. I remember calling one of my best friend's brothers who are all doctors...asking specifics and getting a rating of importance (on a scale of 1-10 how serious is this?) Mom's doctor was a dweeb-had the personality of a toenail and scolded me for "bothering to take care of her"..flake--so obviously no bonding there! Mind you this was 23 years ago--I was not well versed in anything medical like you. I wish you some peace of mind and to be able to relax soon.

Linda--good to hear your test wasn't as bad this time around. Nice OO necklace! Nice kits!

Heading to bed "early" tonight---catch up more tomorrow--our hot water heater broke for good last night-- so the guys are coming tomorrow--I want to be OUT of the basement while they work--

Old 04-10-2013, 08:04 PM   #1463
Stazon Splitcoast

Boy, what a weather change. Yesterday it was 80, today woke up to around 35 degree temp and tonight it is going down to 20 or under, freezing after Fri. 74, Sat. 79, Sun. 80. Mon. 80....can't ever remember this happening.

My Dr. called today and says my heart tests show that my heart looks good, no problems, no medicine changes, everything looks as good as last year. So happy to hear that. I am very thankful for this since it has been 12 years since my 5 way bypass. I didn't think their was any problems as I feel good except for this very painful RA that nothing that medicare will pay for helps right now. I don't mean to complain because so many people are worse than me so I am grateful to be okay.

Hope tomorrow is a great day for all of us.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 04-11-2013, 05:22 AM   #1464
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning to all!

Joanna, thank you so much for the awesome Stella card...I love her, she's such a hoot! Love your card too!

Linda, glad you received a good report from the Dr. Sorry about the RA.... I remember eating pineapple upsidedown cake when I was growing up...my Mom made it in the cast iron frying pan...so good!

Patti, I hope today will be a great day for you!

Susanne, glad everything went well!

You all are making me jealous...I want to go to CKC too....

Woke up to snow this morning!

Am working this week and next week at the Mandatory Nursing Competency Fair; my "booth" is heparin. Last night we were scheduled to be there until 10:00...I told the rest of the girls I wasn't sure I would make it until then...half the time I have fallen asleep on the couch by then! Tonight we will get off at 9:00 and have to return tomorrow at 7:00. Weird hours for sure, but it is a fun change and I do enjoy teaching.

Not sure if I told you ladies that our insurance won't be covering Ivy's specialist at the "in-network" rate. They want us to go to Des Moines and see someone there. Our GP says this person doesn't specialize, and Ivy's Orthopod here (my friend) says the Dr. is nice but he wouldn't send his daughter there. So, it sounds like insurance will be a hassle! Ack! This is a huge, major surgery and my belief is you go to the best...this is her spine, not a toenail. It carries a huge price tag as well...$250,000.

Yesterday someone from work, who I don't know, came up to me and wanted to tell me about her daughter who just had the surgery last December. (A friend I work with asked her to talk to me.) Her daughter is 15 and they have been dealing with this for the last 2 years; her back had progressed from a 21 degree curve to over 50 degrees. 50 is kind of the "magic" number, unless there's pain (Ivy has had pain, but neglected to tell us for fear of us taking her to the Dr.). She showed me pictures of her daughter's back...x-rays, before surgery, after surgery, etc. While her curve is a bit more, her back didn't look nearly as crooked as Ivy's; I guess this is because the top and bottom of her spine are in good alignment. I saw the hardware in her spine...mind boggling! The incision goes almost the entire length of her spine; after time I am guessing it will fade and not be too noticeable because of the bony prominence. Her back is amazingly straight! The mother is a nurse and told me that she had never taken care of a patient who had so much post-op pain...that is scary to me. She said it is an 8 hour procedure...that is scary to me. I just want it over and done.

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 04-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #1465
Hardware Hotshot

Oh Ang ... my heart is aching for you. You must be going crazy with worry. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this.

Regarding the insurance ... my insurance wouldn't cover the local retina specialist and wanted to send me to some dude in Boulder (an hour and 40 minutes away ... and I was supposed to drive BACK from that with my eyes dialated?!!) Anywho, I researched Colorado laws and discovered that insurance companies are required to pay IF THE IN-NETWORK SPECIALIST IS 50 MILES+ AWAY FROM YOUR HOME. I'd look to see if Iowa has a similar law, not sure how far Des Moines is from your house. I pointed this law out to my insurance and they grudgingly agreed to let me see the local guy at the in-network rate.

Can I just say this ... insurance companies suck apricot pits?!! It makes me crazy that people (especially those with chronic diseases) have to research laws, and become experts in medical jargon just to get things paid for!! OK, rant over.

Linda: I totally understand how you feel about the temperature drop. My doofy son went to school yesterday (when our high was 11) without a jacket. Left it in the car. I got a nasty e-mail from his teacher. Oops. It's trying to snow today but it's almost 40; it will no doubt turn to rain. When is Spring coming?!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-11-2013, 06:50 PM   #1466
Forum Fanatic

Angela--I agree with QueenieJO about pursuing your insurance company (ask for someone higher up in the company to speak with about your situation)...We had to do some letter writing, backed with a brick of medical documents and wrote the PRESIDENT of our insurance company about K's medical needs...it took 2 letters and we got what we wanted..."Cheaper to see a doctor 2ce a week rather than be hospitalized for a month" was the gist of it! They agreed! That was one of those day's I felt God was on our side...but we had been paying $1800 out of pocket expenses for over 2 years--and had proof...but it worked out--plus her psych doc moved to Tufts Hospital--where K's original doctor was... Good luck--I don't blame you one bit for wanting the best for Ivy!

Linda_-so glad your tests were good

Weather update--70s yesterday...snow, sleet and freezing rain tonight! I wonder if Patrick will have his baseball game?! Then, back to high 60's by Tuesday!

New water heater is installed and purring away right now! This has been an expensive month--computer, printer, prom tickets, college fees and a water heater! Ca Ching!

Oh, Patrick will be a freshmen this fall at West Virginia University--studying "muscle man" stuff hahaha (there's a real name for it--I'll write it down the next time he says it!)

Staples note: Printer was on sale last week for $79, but not on sale over the weekend-we paid $99 -$10 coupon. Just for kicks and giggle--stopped in to see what the price of my printer was yesterday--$69!!! I got a $30 refund added to my acct! It pays to be nosy and double check!

Old 04-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #1467
Forum Fanatic

Oh the Staples thing--you have 14 days to double check prices on your purchases...after that they stick their nose up in the air!

Old 04-12-2013, 12:34 AM   #1468
Gallery Gazer

To all who join the Mystery Image Swap:

Joanna has a great idea - check it out in the other thread.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:41 AM   #1469
Gallery Gazer

When your health insurance I can not have a say......

Angela- I hope for Ivy and you all will turn out well and it's not too expensive.

Susanne- I hope you can soon breathe again. Financially. I know how it is. Right now all our money goes to the house repairs. Then, if something else is on what was not planned, it will be tight.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:48 AM   #1470
Forum Fanatic

Have a great weekend everyone--getting my "troll" hair colored and cut today--This always makes me feel human again! haha

Lynne--I am working on your April package!

Old 04-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #1471
Die Cut Diva

Sounds great! I look forward to it!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #1472
Die Cut Diva

For those that are interested, I am not sure how impressed I am with my new craft organizational devices. I like the Washi tape organizers-I have no issues with those. However, the "spinner" doesn't really like to spin, and some of the clips to be used with it refuse to open. I can force it to spin or turn though, and most of the clips work. Right now I am filling it with embellishments, as I have so many that I sometimes forget what I DO have. Maybe today I will try to actually make some cards. I can organize and re-organize, but I'm never quite content with the results. As soon as I think I like it, I come up with some supposedly "better" idea. And on and on, it goes.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #1473
Die Cut Diva

Yikes! I'm a thread killer, LOL. Seriously, I hope everyone is enjoying their Friday night. I just got the new Scrap & Stamp magazine. I am going to browse through that, and head to the craft room.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #1474
Forum Fanatic

This morning I got a ride with Farmer Sharon on her Pizza run to our kids grade school---to Newburyport to get my hair done! (Her family business delivers 19 pizza's every Friday for lunch} The taxi service wanted $11 and she would not hear of it! So sweet--but we are good to one another all the time, so this is another hatch mark in her favor! My hair is colored and trimmed and I always hate it at first until I wash it out (all their gooey stuff they add) and let it relax for a week or so! One lady in the salon said she is asking for a desk top for Mother's Day in May, because her kids keep taking her laptops/Kindles to where they live-never to be seen again!!! I thought that was odd/rude/funny...but then I thought of how Patrick has totally scooped my Kindle Fire and can relate!

I baked cookies for my PCWizard guy who sold me my new computer--told him "Thank you for removing the cookies out of my computer...these Peanut Butter/Reeses cup cookies are for you! Dan was so flabbergasted when I dropped them off yesterday--he said he was starving-no time for lunch..these are great!!! There was another customer in the place and she said...Oh my, do I need to bake to get my computer fixed? hahaha NO...but you wanna get your computer fixed fast? hahaha?!

I feel like I have a head start on this weekend-just finished the last load of laundry and my desk(s) are all cleaned up and organized so I can start my next project(s)...

What do all of you have planned for this weekend?

Looking at my calendar--next weekend I have a Sizzlex class at Absolutely Everything and the following weekend I am going to the CKC convention!!! Who knew April would be so much fun?

Old 04-13-2013, 05:16 AM   #1475
Glitter Guru

Lynne, I'm laughing about coming up with "better" organization. I do that all the time. I get things one way, then think of something else. LOL, the time I spend organizing is more that the time I spend crafting! Enjoy your new mag!

Sounds like some fun stuff for you in April Susanne! How did the orders go? I hope people bought lots of SU from you!

Angela, that stinks about the insurance stuff. I agree, you want the best Dr. around, one who specializes. Who did the surgery on the daughter of your co-worker? Is it the same Dr. you are wanting to use. Really hoping things work out. It's enough to be worried about Ivy, not to have the insurance hassle, too.

Oh Linda! So glad you test results were good, big relief for you I'm sure.

Imke, when you are done with the house that will be great. I like that you are doing everything, that way it will be just how you like it. My DH isn't handy, so we are stuck with what we bought, unless we do big renovations.

First two soccer games and a baseball game cancelled already, too. We had a lot of rain yesterday and the fields are under water. I was up and showered at 6, to get them to team pictures at 8. Boy, I could have slept in! So, only one game today, lacrosse for my oldest. I should have time to tackle the laundry. My dad is coming to visit today, so that will be fun.

I'll catch you all later!
Old 04-13-2013, 05:37 AM   #1476

Good morning everyone!

Again, I don't know where the time goes! (I kinda know where a lot of it goes....Pinterest!!! once I'm on I can't get off!!!)

Speaking of Pinterest, I saw this and wanted to share it with you! (It isn't word for word, but you'll get it!)

I'm Wonder Woman!
I wonder where my keys are
I wonder where my purse is
I wonder what I'll do today

I got a giggle out of it!

Lynne, thanks for the update on the spinner thingy.

Angela, so sorry you, Ivy, and your family have this to deal with. I pray for finding the best doctor for Ivy and that your insurance covers it as it should.

Kathy, did you get the Gourmet Rubber Stamps info and place your order?? I ordered on Monday after receiving Kendra's email and got the stamps on Thursday!!!

I've been sorting through the goodies I've collected for Joanna's and Lynne's cardkits...still need to get a couple more items and plan to mail by end of next week. I will post when postal.

No plans today; but I do hope to participate in some challenges and just stamp for fun!
Old 04-13-2013, 06:19 AM   #1477
Die Cut Diva

WOW a Saturday at home!!! Who knew this would feel so good!! Don't get me wrong, but an occasional Saturday is good for cleaning and sorting through my stuff and of course relaxing. I am still drinking my coffee, Vickie!!! I miss that when I need to run out of the door early in the morning.

We have sunshine today!! Hope all of you do to...its a bit cool 40's but hope it warms up enough this afternoon to open the house and let it air out a bit.

THis a a big day for me...I am taking my flannel sheets off the bed and putting them away for the summer!! It's official winter is over (sort of)!!

Hope all of you have a wonderful Saturday!!
Old 04-13-2013, 07:12 AM   #1478
Forum Fanatic

Hello Ladies...While checking my email this morning and noticing (2) more SU orders in there--my cell phone rang upstairs! Tom walked it down to me, telling me I have 4 missed calls!!!

I panicked thinking--4? Aren't two of our kids still in bed? Anyway, two of the calls were from the asst manager of Absolutely Everything! I thought maybe they were cancelling the 2-dimensional Sizzix class I signed up for next Friday...so I called "Kate" back! Guess what-they asked me if I would like to WORK at AE?!!!! I have an interview this Monday! They are looking for someone to fill W/TH/F - 9:30-6ish!

<Pinch me> haha!!!

Can you think of a better job for me? No fancy clothes requirement, part-time can lead into full time and I would be working in the THICK of stamps, supplies, fun, crafts, happy people that come buy great stuff there? <pinch me>!!!

So, I thought I would get some of my projects together-print a resume and go buy myself a pretty blouse for the occasion--maybe a pair of dockers too! Yahoo!

Kathleen Curry likes this post.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:30 AM   #1479
Glitter Guru

Just go in and be yourself Susanne, they already know and like you! With your enthusiasm and friendly personality, they would probably LOVE to have you working there. Congrats, that sounds like a dream come true job for you!!!!

Vickie, I did get the Gourmet Rubber stamps code! That was a nice surprise after all that time. What did you order? I just looked quickly, have to go check out what they have.

Pat, a day at home isn't for cleaning! LOL, have another cup of coffee and just relax a while. I agree, though, I love to open all the windows and get some fresh air.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:39 AM   #1480
Die Cut Diva

Susanna you are a shoe in!!!! They called you remember!!!! Sounds like the perfect job for you, such a lucky girl to have a job you love. Best of luck girlie (although you don't need it) They are so lucky to have you!!

Kathy I know...wish I had a cleaning lady. Problem is I'm gone so much that I have to take advantage of a day off to do a little scrubbing. Tomorrow cardmaking!!!!
Closed Thread