Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree88Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 12:15 AM   #1401
Glitter Guru

Ooopppss of course "Groovy Swirls" !!! **lol***

I learn so much from you all and one day I speak slang and then you will be amazed ! {kidding back}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
Imke...excuse me, they are called "groovy lil' swirly things" hahahaha! (just kiddin') <smiles>
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-07-2013, 12:31 AM   #1402
Glitter Guru

Angela- I'm sorry for Ivy, but who knows for what it's been good. I think it's not bad that she is not a "girlie". There are enough of them - be unique !

Susanne- I also think children, teenagers and young adults need to learn how much money is worth (unfortunately not much at the moment ) and how hard it is to earn !! If they earn their first own money and they have to pay the rent, electricity, insurance and all these - they need to be awake.

I see it with my friends. The kids today have everything. Not just one game console-NO, they have a Nintendo Wii, a Playstation 1,2,3 (??) and a computer course. If you ask them what they want for their birthday or Christmas, they do not know ! Because they have everything !! That did not exist in my time. I was born in 1974 and my time was not bad. I think sometimes less is more.

Tracie- Since yesterday we have also sunshine and temperatures goes up to 10 degrees !! Enormously, hm ?
Old 04-07-2013, 04:13 AM   #1403
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Imke - I agree with learning about money. I think they should offer more classes on money management in school. I never was a saver until I met my DH.

Lynne - I received my wonderful package yesterday. I love everything in it. I will try and post a picture of all the goodies that I received.

I took my class yesterday and it was so much fun. Going to post a picture later on today.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 04-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #1404
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanstampler View Post
Angela- I'm sorry for Ivy, but who knows for what it's been good. I think it's not bad that she is not a "girlie". There are enough of them - be unique !
Imke, I do agree; however, I would really love it if she'd shave her legs! LOL

Susanne, you make me laugh...yes, I think you are right...you and Ivy are on the same hairy wave length! LOL I will tell her about that. Yes, she does have a lot going on...it really is better this way and she knows that. She will already have the addition of cheerleading next year and her cupcake business to run...that is enough for her to handle. She is young and she needs fun time in addition to her school activities.

Can't wait to see what you made in class, Tracie.

What is everybody up to today?

We are baking mini cupcakes; we need to see how many we can get out of a batch so we know how to price them. I researched and found .75 cents each, but that sounds like too much...do not want to gouge anyone. We will give some freebies to her repeat customers. She has several who order large quantities at one time. Hopefully it will be a nice surprise for them when free cupcakes show up!

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 04-07-2013, 08:24 AM   #1405
Hardware Hotshot

Angela: free is ALWAYS good! And good heavens, I really do wish I lived down the street from you.

My MIL has had some heart problems this weekend (she drove herself to the ER on Thursday!) and so we spent most of the weekend traveling up and back to Denver to take care of her house, let my husband visit with her in the ICU, and getting her dog. They are letting her out today so we're taking Alex the dog home. Ken wants to drive her home but she is insisting that she is "fine to drive". This should be a fun Sunday watching them bicker. I'm exhausted. It's only an hour to Denver but the back and forth driving is killing me.

So tired.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:22 AM   #1406
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Angela - I agree with Joanna. What I would give to live next door to you and all those cupcakes. No wonder I can't lose any weight with my sweet tooth. Those mini cupcakes sound wonderful.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday. I am busy cutting out all my supplies for my class next Friday. I have 12 in my class and we will be making 4 cards. I have to cut every piece out. Plus I should have my samples for my May class done by Friday also. Guess I know what I will be doing this week.

Meljen's Designs
Old 04-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #1407
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Angela: free is ALWAYS good! And good heavens, I really do wish I lived down the street from you.

My MIL has had some heart problems this weekend (she drove herself to the ER on Thursday!) and so we spent most of the weekend traveling up and back to Denver to take care of her house, let my husband visit with her in the ICU, and getting her dog. They are letting her out today so we're taking Alex the dog home. Ken wants to drive her home but she is insisting that she is "fine to drive". This should be a fun Sunday watching them bicker. I'm exhausted. It's only an hour to Denver but the back and forth driving is killing me.

So tired.
She drove herself?!? I found out today that my grandfather was in hospital yesterday. He woke up, sat down to read the paper and complained he couldn't read it. My grandmother made him breakfast and then noticed he kept staring at her funny. She asked him if he knew who she was and he said "no". She called an ambulance and they spent the day at the hospital. I guess they were asking him questions...your name, the date, where he was, etc and he got every one of them right again and again except for "what year is it"...he consistently said 2006! It sounds like he was better (and home) last night. I hope it doesn't return!
Old 04-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #1408
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Ooopppss of course "Groovy Swirls" !!! **lol***

I learn so much from you all and one day I speak slang and then you will be amazed ! {kidding back}
Believe me Imke--every day we see you write to us in English and knowing full well you 'mother tongue' is German--it's amazing to us! You even GET the humor/sarcasm you be one smart cookie!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 04-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #1409
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
Imke, I do agree; however, I would really love it if she'd shave her legs! LOL

Susanne, you make me laugh...yes, I think you are right...you and Ivy are on the same hairy wave length! LOL I will tell her about that. Yes, she does have a lot going on...it really is better this way and she knows that. She will already have the addition of cheerleading next year and her cupcake business to run...that is enough for her to handle. She is young and she needs fun time in addition to her school activities.

Can't wait to see what you made in class, Tracie.

What is everybody up to today?

We are baking mini cupcakes; we need to see how many we can get out of a batch so we know how to price them. I researched and found .75 cents each, but that sounds like too much...do not want to gouge anyone. We will give some freebies to her repeat customers. She has several who order large quantities at one time. Hopefully it will be a nice surprise for them when free cupcakes show up!
Cost: oven usage, electricity/gas oven, cleaning supplies to wash dishes, time it takes to make the mini "pupcakes", storage (fridge), pretty papers you keep "pupcakes" in...like heck .75 cents is NOT enough??? Sure it is...all this stuff adds up--I know you cannot do a break down on "oven time"....but someone probably already has on line...(not that you personally can't--just who wants to?)

1 squirt of dish washing liquid Cost of soap divided by X amount of squirts per bottle...see--I am lousy at math--Where's Imke?

Old 04-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #1410
Watercolor Wizard

Wow...QueenieJO and Heather--here's hoping everyone is OKay over by you--I plan to be a stubborn ol' ox when I need to drive myself to the ER/ICU! Oh my gosh huh?

My FIL was fixated on his old job title, year, etc--like he had been retired for a good 10 years and kept telling the medical people he was still a CPA for this firm--they didn't know otherwise until they came to talk to one of us...God love him! Must have been a good time in his life.

Old 04-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #1411
Die Cut Diva

Hey I'm back from CKC!! Wow I've heard so much about this convention but I was still amazed!! They had this huge vendor fair with lots of big companies selling all the things you see in magazines and on the internet. WOW!! You guys were right I spent way too much money but sure was fun. Our wake up call on Friday and Saturday was 630AM. My friends first class was at 830 both mornings!! Then the last thing of each day was the crop that started at 5 and ran until 1130!! Friday night we were so busy all day that we didn't have time for supper so went out after the crop to eat...got back to our room about 1am and got a phone call from one of our group at home wondering if we were having fun!! Boy 630 really came early Saturday morning!!
I had a really good time at Queen and Co, Melissa Frances, Heartfelt Creations and lots more. My friend took back to back classes most of Friday and Saturday but I was signed up for less and would find a place to sit and relax and wait for her except when I was in the vendors fair.
THis morning we slept in...830, had breakfast and packed up. Then we went to a shop in the area called "For Keeps Sake". They brought some things in to sell during the crops but I missed their area in the vendor fair. Anyway loved their shop bought too much and then we went to Archivers. We still don't have one near home so had to pick up a few things there.
We got home about 6:00 this evening so I've started laundry and will hit the sack early. I've read some of the post but still have some catching up to do.
Lena sorry things haven't gone well and praying for you.
Linda glad you enjoyed your anniversary, like you said anytime you don't have to cook and clean up is good!!
Happy to see so many kits arriving...Joanna I will get yours in the mail this week!!
Old 04-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #1412
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Pat - Glad you had a good time at CKC. It is definitely a bit overwhelming but lots of fun. Now you need to come to KC in October.

Meljen's Designs
Old 04-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #1413
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciae View Post
Hey I'm back from CKC!! Wow I've heard so much about this convention but I was still amazed!! They had this huge vendor fair with lots of big companies selling all the things you see in magazines and on the internet. WOW!! You guys were right I spent way too much money but sure was fun. Our wake up call on Friday and Saturday was 630AM. My friends first class was at 830 both mornings!! Then the last thing of each day was the crop that started at 5 and ran until 1130!! Friday night we were so busy all day that we didn't have time for supper so went out after the crop to eat...got back to our room about 1am and got a phone call from one of our group at home wondering if we were having fun!! Boy 630 really came early Saturday morning!!
I had a really good time at Queen and Co, Melissa Frances, Heartfelt Creations and lots more. My friend took back to back classes most of Friday and Saturday but I was signed up for less and would find a place to sit and relax and wait for her except when I was in the vendors fair.
THis morning we slept in...830, had breakfast and packed up. Then we went to a shop in the area called "For Keeps Sake". They brought some things in to sell during the crops but I missed their area in the vendor fair. Anyway loved their shop bought too much and then we went to Archivers. We still don't have one near home so had to pick up a few things there.
We got home about 6:00 this evening so I've started laundry and will hit the sack early. I've read some of the post but still have some catching up to do.
Lena sorry things haven't gone well and praying for you.
Linda glad you enjoyed your anniversary, like you said anytime you don't have to cook and clean up is good!!
Happy to see so many kits arriving...Joanna I will get yours in the mail this week!!
So that's what the real scrapper's do when they go--I have worked this event 1 day/or/2days...always request some "shop time"...and never took a class but helped out at one (which was kinda boring)...but people will pay $45 for a scrap page class--just to get the goods! 1/2 class just put their stuff in their stash and watched the instructor! I'd do that if it was really good supplies!!!
So glad you had fun--I always walk through the entire event first before I buy 1 thing...then make notes on where I need to go back and shop!

Old 04-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #1414
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclary View Post
Pat - Glad you had a good time at CKC. It is definitely a bit overwhelming but lots of fun. Now you need to come to KC in October.
Pat, If you'll go, I'll find a way to go.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 04-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #1415
Stazon Splitcoast

I will be back to read any I've missed. Will be gone all morning tomorrow. I have to have the hated spect test...It is very hard for me to hold my arms over my head folded for 20 min and not move and I have to do it twice...my RA is really bad in my shoulders but that is the only test that shows them what my heart is doing without going thru the groin. See you all tomorrow afternoon.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 04-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #1416
Glitter Guru

You're right, the calculation has to agree. I always say to my clients. People, you're way too cheap. Did you included these cots and that, too ? And the answer: Let me think ...... ehhmmmm NO! But mostly there are craftsmen. They are perfect in their business but not in bookkeeping

Quote:
Cost: oven usage, electricity/gas oven, cleaning supplies to wash dishes, time it takes to make the mini "pupcakes", storage (fridge), pretty papers you keep "pupcakes" in...like heck .75 cents is NOT enough??? Sure it is...all this stuff adds up--I know you cannot do a break down on "oven time"....but someone probably already has on line...(not that you personally can't--just who wants to?)

1 squirt of dish washing liquid Cost of soap divided by X amount of squirts per bottle...see--I am lousy at math--Where's Imke?
Old 04-07-2013, 10:03 PM   #1417
Glitter Guru

Ohhh i love that: Smart cookie .....sounds funny Thanks sweetie !!

Quote:
Believe me Imke--every day we see you write to us in English and knowing full well you 'mother tongue' is German--it's amazing to us! You even GET the humor/sarcasm you be one smart cookie!
Old 04-07-2013, 10:11 PM   #1418
Glitter Guru

Pat- Wow, it was a mega event ! Exhausting but awesome. Sounds like you and your friends had a great time !

Linda- Have you all recovered well ? To hold your arms 20 min. above the head ? That is very exhausting. Would it be also for me !!

Heather- Your grandfather has Alzheimer's? It sounds very sad and stressful to the family. I hope he has better days soon !

Joanna- What a weekend, huh ? She drove herself... Why she has no one asked for help ? Anyway, I really hope seh is feeling better.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:05 AM   #1419
Watercolor Wizard

Happy Monday Mornin'!
Linda--be thinking of you while you have your test--yikes...hope all goes well.

Imke--it's true about costs--someone will ask me how much one of my quilled wall hangings cost to make--and the how do I price the "labor" that is involved...that's like plucking numbers from thin air-because I am not paid on an hourly basis to make the transaction--so what I do is fix the labor cost into each flower (depending on the size of the quilled flower) the cost is broken down something like this; 1 pack of Quilling paper strips (one color) $1.20, use 2 different colors in one flower; 1.20x 2 ($2.40), glue, labor, skill, design (depending on the size of this flower) double the cost-$5 a flower! <give or take a dime> And, because I cannot buy a lot of shadow box frames or make them myself--I use the price from where ever I buy them from--not the sale price (because there is no guarantee that my frames are always on sale...flat fee $25.00 retail...even if I get them on sale--because if they ever reorder a piece--and I have to go run out and buy a frame that is NOT on sale...I don't want to shock the customer with a larger price all of a sudden. I always give the option w/o a frame and they can pay to go frame it themselves too--but most like the frame done for them. It's tricky--they think they are getting a bargain w/o the frame--until they learn the price of a frame!

Old 04-08-2013, 05:10 AM   #1420
Watercolor Wizard

Workin' my tail off here today--my very first SU Workshop tomorrow night and so far I have between 13 and 15 affirmed guests!!! (2 are coming late and one just responded this morning)

I am making a card (doing all the cutting and prep) punching too...and Imke--I am making those simple corner book marks (or shall I say THEY are making them) I think that is plenty to get them acquainted with SU don't you? You were the first one to show me those bookmarks--so you will be there in spirit! ! Now I just have to figure out all the paperwork involved--the hostess has a laptop and I would love to shoot orders directly into SU there at the workshop--but I think I will have all my orders on paper for the first time. Yikes!!! off I go!

Have a great day everyone!

Old 04-08-2013, 07:23 AM   #1421
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Heather- Your grandfather has Alzheimer's? It sounds very sad and stressful to the family. I hope he has better days soon !
No, it's not Alzheimer's or dementia. He's never shown any memory loss or memory problems before. He was taken back to hospital Sunday and I guess the doctors were not able to find anything wrong. He had a headache both days, so the suspicion is that it's a migraine causing it. As far as I know, he's never had migraines in the past.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #1422
Stazon Splitcoast

Heather, sorry to hear about your Grandpa. When I was reading about his symptoms, I immediately thought "TIA". Old guidelines defined the symptoms as resolving within 24 hours; however the new guidelines do not define a time frame. Did they check his carotids?

Joanna, how is your MIL doing? I can't believe she drove herself to the hospital and then wound up in ICU...she must have been a sick lady!

Susanne, how exciting to have your SU! event tomorrow! I hope all goes well.

Pat, it sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Thanks for the input on the cupcakes. You are right, Susanne and Imke, things like the electricity to run the oven must be considered. I have decided not to lower the price; I did more research online and found minis to go for as high as $2!!! Good grief! A lot went for $1.25. We are right in line with a cupcake business close by, and $1 less expensive than the cupcake business 10 miles away. I took 4 dozen to the bank today; the business 10 miles away brought samples to the bank last week and the general consensus was "dry" and "Ivy's are better". So, it is good to give them a taste of hers now when they still have her competitors on their mind. Plus, they were already baked and although they are good, it would be hard to eat that many.

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 04-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #1423
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Hello everyone! I finally feel "almost" human again! Got the BP meds adjusted and doing good; then bam, last night had low blood sugar that took a while to get into normal range. Sheesh!

I have been lurking through the thread, just haven't posted lately.

Lynne, thanks for your comment on my rosette card.

Susanne, hope your SU event goes well and you have fun doing it.

Pat, how awesome that you got to go to CKC and had a good time! I know Fort Wayne is several hours drive from you, but the Fort Wayne CKC is coming up May 31 and June 1. Patti is hoping to attend if she can take the time off work and also depends on how her mom is doing. Would be cool if you could also attend and meet up!

CKC in Kansas City in October is another possibility! I've compared vendors from the KC show to the vendors exhibiting at the Fort Wayne show, and the KC show wins hands-down! Lots more vendors in KC than Fort Wayne.

I'll be going to Dallas end of June to visit my DD and her family. She will graduate from DeVry University with her BS while I'm there.

I'm still working on Lynne's and Joanna's April cardkits. I'll post when postal.

Hope everyone has a marvelous Monday.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:22 AM   #1424
Hardware Hotshot

Oh Vickie, I hate when that happens. I'm always such a cranky pants when my BS is low too. Hope you are feeling better today.

Angela: my MIL has heart problems, specifically the pacemaker in her heart. Her rhythms go wonky and she doesn't DO anything. She really needs an artificial pacemaker but she won't do it because it "isn't natural". Apparently she had felt poorly all week and didn't call her cardiologist until Thursday because she "doesn't like doctors." Sigh.

I have to say that I love technology. We were able to keep everyone (Utah, Vancouver and Colorado) in the loop via skype and facetime. How great is instant communication!

What IS CKC? Is it an Scrapbooking weekend or stamping or what? Kansas City isn't that far for me either
Old 04-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #1425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Oh Vickie, I hate when that happens. I'm always such a cranky pants when my BS is low too. Hope you are feeling better today.

Angela: my MIL has heart problems, specifically the pacemaker in her heart. Her rhythms go wonky and she doesn't DO anything. She really needs an artificial pacemaker but she won't do it because it "isn't natural". Apparently she had felt poorly all week and didn't call her cardiologist until Thursday because she "doesn't like doctors." Sigh.

I have to say that I love technology. We were able to keep everyone (Utah, Vancouver and Colorado) in the loop via skype and facetime. How great is instant communication!

What IS CKC? Is it an Scrapbooking weekend or stamping or what? Kansas City isn't that far for me either
CKC is Crating Keepsakes Convention. If you google CKC you'll find all the sites they hold the convention at and the dates.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #1426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
CKC is Creating Keepsakes Convention. If you google CKC you'll find all the sites they hold the convention at and the dates.
Actually, to search, type in Creating Keepsakes Convention (otherwise, you'll end up at a kennel club! LOL)
Old 04-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #1427
Hardware Hotshot

I HAD heard of it, I just wondered what people do there ... I guess I'll go google it.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #1428

oops, misunderstood your question! Papercrafting classes are offered by lots of vendors; vendors are set up so you can purchase product; a crop is offered; can register online or can register at the door. HTH
Old 04-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #1429
Hardware Hotshot

I've had 3 (yep, THREE) blizzard warnings pop up on my phone in the last few minutes. Boy are they ever obnoxious! Obviously the husband has been messing with my phone lately, signing my number up for weather warnings. I can't believe that we are supposed to have a blizzard tonight (as of 6:00). It's a little windy but blue skies and in the 50s for temperatures. It's gorgeous out there! Is it wrong to already want a snow day to craft?!!
Old 04-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #1430
Stazon Splitcoast

I hope everyone with illness in their families are doing better. Been thinking of Heather and Joanna and you to Vickie. Hope things stay adjusted for you Vickie BP and Blood sugar. Getting older is not for the weak!!

I hope none of you feel bad towards me for forgetting sometimes who my kits are from. I'll remove something from one while admiring it and then look again and want to admire again, then before you know it I forgot who sent it to me...I'm really bad with the memory sometimes. I have a card on my blog and I swear the image came from a SS but don't remember who for sure, think maybe Joanna but not sure. I want to know the name of the image or company. She is so cute!

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 04-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #1431
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanna, hope you don't have a blizzard tonight or any other night until next year. We are finally having good weather but it is really windy here today, 30 MPH winds they say.

I got back from the spect test and found two fabulous boxes for me from Tracie and Patti. I love them both, everything is perfect and fits me great. Will put up some photos later. Thank you both so much.

Angela, I really love my necklace and do want more charms, the ones I told you about. A lady at church took your name and company name as she wants to order online and you will get the credit. Her name is Hillary. I didn't get to show it to many as we had a long Church service and then a meeting of nursery workers but I will show more.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 04-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #1432
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is a photo of my necklace. I love the chain. It is beautiful.

This is my package from Patti! Awesome package Patti. Thank you so much. I had another photo, a close up but it disappeared in outer space I guess.
Attached Thumbnails
img_0291.jpg   img_0293.jpg   img_0294.jpg  

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member

Last edited by Linda Palmer; 04-08-2013 at 12:32 PM..
Old 04-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #1433
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is my package from Tracie. I love it Tracie. You ladies know me so well. Thanks so much. There was good yummy stuff in both packages.
Attached Thumbnails
img_0296.jpg   img_0297.jpg   img_0298.jpg  

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 04-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #1434

Linda, what fun packages with lots of crafty goodness from Patti and Tracie!

Linda, I pray your tests go well tomorrow.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #1435
Hardware Hotshot

Linda: great kits! Love that "What's Mew?" card Patti! I wanted to ask which chain you ordered? That one IS pretty.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #1436
Die Cut Diva

Wow, those do look like awesome kits!!

Vickie-You're welcome! I love looking through the gallery. There are just so many talented people around here!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #1437
Die Cut Diva

Linda that little girl pulling the wagon is from Stamping Bella...don't remember her name but I have that stamp. Seems like they also have a couple more with same little girl.
Love the kits Tracie sent you!! THey should keep you busy for a long time!!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #1438
Hardware Hotshot

Angela, you were right. They're calling it TIA. They've run all sorts of tests and haven't been able to find anything else. He was admitted last night, but is back home now and in good spirits. Fingers crossed this is the end of it!
Old 04-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #1439
Gabfest Goddess

Been thinking of Lena, sorry to hear things were rough with the g-tube insertion!

Linda, here's hoping your test goes well and the shoulders aren't too painful! Happy to see that your April kit arrived safely! (and I am one to take stuff out of a kit, and when I do make a card, I end up forgetting exactly who sent me the kit. So I am with you, hoping no one gets offended or hurt when I forget. You can be sure that I don't get offended since I am guilty of the same "crime" LOL! )

Angela, I've been wearing my OO necklace--LOVE it! My sister saw it today, and I gave her my catalog to look at. I told her that I would buy her one for her birthday, which is April 29. So you will be getting an order from me soon. And I think $1 for a mini cuppie is fine...I'd certainly buy a dozen!!

Vickie, I put in my request at work to have the dates for CKC Fort Wayne off. I already went online and made my hotel reservation, so I am IN!!! So looking forward to it!

Pat, since I've never been to a CKC before, I loved reading all about your first trip there. Sounds like you had an awesome time!! I haven't yet decided about what or how many classes to take. Do you have any recommendations? When I went to Scrapfest a few years ago, I tried not to overdo the classes so I had time to check out the vendors, I think I might use that same strategy for CKC.

Wow, Jo, I can't believe your MIL drove herself to the hospital...especially since she has rhythm problems! She could pass out and get into an accident--she could kill someone else, too! She needs to think about that next time she doesn't want to call the doctor and drives herself to the hospital when she isn't feeling good!

Susanne, good luck with your SU! class!!! you will do just fine, I'm sure! With your enthusiam and energy, you'll have everyone hooked!

Heather, glad to hear your grandpa is out of the hospital. My MIL has been having a problem with TIAs for the past couple of years, but it hasn't seemed to slow her down at all! Hope all continues to go well for him.

hellos to Tracie, Imke, Lynne! Hope I didn't forget anyone...I've tried keeping up on reading, but the last three weeks have been pretty bad. Found a wonderful elder care center for my mom, took her today to check it out. She refused to go in. The nurse there finally convinced her to go in for a bit. They had musicians there and mom sat for awhile and listened, but when we left to go home, she was sooooo mad at me. She kept saying, "I just want to be at home". Her Alzheimers has definitely gotten worse since the heart attack in February. So I have been making phone calls, researching stuff online, filling out tons of forms, making doctors appointments for her, taking her to the doctors, and trying to find some place during the day for her to be safe and cared for. In the last 3 weeks, I have had exactly one day to myself where I didn't have to work or do something related to my parents. I've been very depressed, too, just no "me" time. so that's why I decided that I am going to CKC for sure and just get away from everything for a few days.

Anyway, don't mean to cry on anyone's shoulders or be a debbie downer....just wanted to let you know why I haven't been hanging here much. Someday I will get my life back, i hope...

happy monday to you all.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #1440

wooHoo! Patti, I cannot wait to meet you IRL !!
Closed Thread