Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree88Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #1361
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Happy Anniversary Linda. What a great accomplishment. Enjoy the tacos. Would be an okay anniversary dinner for me. I am very easy to please. If I don't have to cook, it has to be good.

Some great kits arriving everywhere. What a fabulous group we have here.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #1362
Glitter Guru

Happy 20th anniversary Linda. Tacos sound good to me! Enjoy your night at church with your friends and Glenn.

Pat, glad your kit arrived! That was my first try at a project on my silhouette. Still trying to figure it out.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #1363
Watercolor Wizard

I'm back!!! To make a long story short--remember how I was going to drop off my computer (early) Monday morning--it spent the night untouched....Tuesday at around noon I called on it...I was informed that my "Mothah Board" was popped and oozing!!! After a quick dousing of tears and a few mini heart attacks...I came to the realization that my 10 year old DELL had to be unplugged for ever!

They build new computers at PC Wizard and just so happened to have this shiny new "Cube" loaded--and I mean loaded with all kinds of goodies--for a mere $700--they transferred all my files, backed-up everything and Ladies...I gotta tell ya, this computer is flying, quick, has 'smart outlook' stuff--I can jot myself a stickem note on my screen--Amen--whoever thought of this deserves kudos!!! How cute! So, I need to catch up here--Yay Tracie got my package (read that in my 283 emails earlier!!!) So glad you like your goodies...okay..need to catch up here...{{{{hugs to room-I missed you all!}}}3 days feels like a month!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 04-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #1364
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclary View Post
Angela - Yes, my cats have to see what I get also. They are just as excited as I am to open new packages. They are both orange tabby's. Rocky was in the shadow when I took the picture. They have to be in the middle of everything.

Susanne - I have a question for you. Did you use a cricut to cut all the fun ocean theme dies? If so, which cartridge did you use. I am still admiring all my goodies.
Yes Tracie---"Life is a Beach" Cricut--they are endless--I got carried away--Love the chair and umbrella...everything else was just fluff when I bought it--but I have really used a lot of these--they have ships, boats, well worth it! So glad I got you stuff you don't have! WIN! Enjoy!

One more thing--that "explosion card" or Napkin fold is on Youtube--I think the SU gal's name is Dawn--she's cute, very precise and no life stories about obnoxious stuff--just this is what you do to make the card--very sweet! It's my new thing--I'll find the video and get it to you--so easy!

Old 04-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #1365
Watercolor Wizard

Linda--Happy Anniversary!

Old 04-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #1366
Die Cut Diva

Linda Happy Anniversary!!

Kathy are you talking about that sweet little box you made to hold the bag of candies?? So cute!! And I loved the little bugaboo girl you colored and put on it too.

Susannadana!!! Happy you are BACK!! Sounds like that new computer will do everything but teach your classes for you!
Old 04-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #1367
Die Cut Diva

Ladies I am heading out to St Louis tomorrow morning. Actually to the CKC in Collinsville. This is a last minute thing as one of my friends is unable to go (health issues) and I just found out today that I could have tomorrow and Friday off work.
They won't refund her money so I am going in her place with another scrapping buddy. First time for me at the CK Convention, the rest of the group has been several times so I am really excited.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #1368
Hardware Hotshot

Some of you might see this on my FB status, but I had to share here too.

I bought Claire rubber boots the other day, but the store was sold out of girly designs in her size, so my choices were limited. I grabbed a pair with sharks and fish on them. Showed them to Claire and she says "Ooooohhhhh!!!"

She even got up Tuesday morning and headed to the door to admire her new boots (and she hadn't even gone puddle hopping at that point).

We went out to splash in the puddles yesterday for the first time. She found a dime in a puddle and clutched it for most of the walk. Then, today we went out again and she was a bit braver...bigger snow heaps to climb, deeper spring puddles to splash in. Funny to watch her realize that she's got cold snow in her boot and try to shake it off to get the snow out.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:59 AM   #1369
Die Cut Diva

Heather enjoy every second of this time with her...it flys by so quickly!! Hope you got a photo or two of your fun walk!!
Old 04-04-2013, 06:38 AM   #1370
Glitter Guru

Susanne, glad you got a new speedy computer! Sounds like they were able to transfer things over easily, too. That's great!

Pat, have fun! Sounds like it will be a blast. Have heard good things about those conventions! Can't wait to hear about it! Yes, the box was the cut I tried, it was fun to make something 3-D.

Heather, too funny about the boots, sounds like she loves them. And playing is puddles is pretty fun!

I made a new breakfast recipe, a fritatta with kale, onion, carrot and corn. It was really good, but I think I've dirtied up every pot, pan and dish in the place. Off to get the kitchen back in order! Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-04-2013, 07:23 AM   #1371
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Good morning (I think it's still morning!) Been under the weather for a week because of some new medication; yucky feeling; called my doctor this morning and left message with the nurse that it's not going to work for me; I can't function...light headed, dizzy, not alert at all, don't trust myself to drive. (my BP has been on the upside so this is a BP med...way too strong!) Waiting on a call back from the nurse.

Susanne, I haven't used my cricut for a long time, and after your description (and Tracie's) of the cuts you sent to Tracie, I need to use it more!

Hope everyone has a terrific Thursday!
Old 04-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #1372
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclary View Post
Happy Anniversary Linda. What a great accomplishment. Enjoy the tacos. Would be an okay anniversary dinner for me. I am very easy to please. If I don't have to cook, it has to be good.

Some great kits arriving everywhere. What a fabulous group we have here.
That is exactly how I feel, if I don't have to cook the food is always delicious.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 04-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #1373
Stazon Splitcoast

Vickie, hope you are feeling better quick...hope the Dr. calls in something better for you.

Kathy, there are so many fun things at the silhouette store. I got a little carried away.
It is a fun machine but definitely a lot of learning to do, but worth it.

Pat, Denise and I went for the first time last year and it was a blast. We had a fab time, spent way too much money etc. Take a bag in with you or buy one as soon as you get in. It is a huge place to shop and so fun.

Susanne, so glad to see you back. I missed you.

Thanks ladies, we had a great time last night.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 04-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #1374
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everybody!

Linda, congratulations, hope you had an enjoyable anniversary!

Vickie, I hope you get to feeling better.

Pat, it sounds like you are headed for fun...good for you! I can't wait to hear all about it when you come back.

Heather, sounds like good times with Claire! I'll bet she was so cute in her little boots!

Susanne, wow, a new computer...awesome! I've never heard of the feature where you can write yourself a message...cool! Then again I am not so savvy...the girls at work were trying to convince me I should learn to text. I know how to do it, since the way we program our pumps at work is similar, but just don't want to.

I had some happy mail today! The OO order came in...it was so much fun looking at all the pretty charms and putting your lockets together! Linda, Patti, and Tracie...your packages went out today. Kathleen, yours will be in the mail tomorrow morning...I ran out of time packaging and didn't want to rush...I wanted it nice and secure. Ivy and I will work on our lockets later tonight.

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow

Last edited by monkeymama; 04-04-2013 at 07:46 PM..
Old 04-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #1375
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciae View Post
Ladies I am heading out to St Louis tomorrow morning. Actually to the CKC in Collinsville. This is a last minute thing as one of my friends is unable to go (health issues) and I just found out today that I could have tomorrow and Friday off work.
They won't refund her money so I am going in her place with another scrapping buddy. First time for me at the CK Convention, the rest of the group has been several times so I am really excited.
Pat...sorry about your friend not able to attend the CKC --but you will have fun--I will be at my (local-Manchester, NH) CKC at the end of this month!
Enjoy!

Old 04-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #1376
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Good morning (I think it's still morning!) Been under the weather for a week because of some new medication; yucky feeling; called my doctor this morning and left message with the nurse that it's not going to work for me; I can't function...light headed, dizzy, not alert at all, don't trust myself to drive. (my BP has been on the upside so this is a BP med...way too strong!) Waiting on a call back from the nurse.

Susanne, I haven't used my cricut for a long time, and after your description (and Tracie's) of the cuts you sent to Tracie, I need to use it more!

Hope everyone has a terrific Thursday!
Wow Vickie--hope you feel better soon--crazy when meds make you feel so lousy huh? I should get my bp checked--one of these days! I have had the 2 day dull headache (barometric pressure--change of season thing)...does it to me every spring/fall!

So, yes, about Cricut--you need to go play with what you have--all of a sudden you 'll be zipping off cut outs from that instead of stamping! Have fun! I use mine on and off--should probably change the blade soon! Feel better soon!

Old 04-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #1377
Watercolor Wizard

Angela--I had your OO catty in my face the other night--I cannot decide on what to order!!! I am a silver gal--so that part of the mystery is settled...will look some more.

Texting A MUST at this house--seriously, when the kids get older they will not answer their phone in public?!!!? Don't ask why, it's just not "cool"..but if I text...instant reply--guess it cooler to have a text!

The lil' stickem note is really cool---you just jot yourself a note--it can hang out on the screen--all day long! haha...I love the font on it too--very casual neat printing! Oh that reminds me..need to ck out my fonts on this system!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
Hi everybody!

Linda, congratulations, hope you had an enjoyable anniversary!

Vickie, I hope you get to feeling better.

Pat, it sounds like you are headed for fun...good for you! I can't wait to hear all about it when you come back.

Heather, sounds like good times with Claire! I'll bet she was so cute in her little boots!

Susanne, wow, a new computer...awesome! I've never heard of the feature where you can write yourself a message...cool! Then again I am not so savvy...the girls at work were trying to convince me I should learn to text. I know how to do it, since the way we program our pumps at work is similar, but just don't want to.

I had some happy mail today! The OO order came in...it was so much fun looking at all the pretty charms and putting your lockets together! Linda, Patti, and Traci...your packages went out today. Kathleen, yours will be in the mail tomorrow morning...I ran out of time packaging and didn't want to rush...I wanted it nice and secure. Ivy and I will work on our lockets later tonight.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #1378
Stazon Splitcoast

Angela, I can't wait!
Susanne, I am a silver girl also.

Heather, I want to see a photo of claire stomping in the water puddles. Sounds like she had a lot of fun...

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 04-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #1379
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Angela - Sounds like you had fun with your OO goodies. Let me know next time you order and I want to get a necklace for myself. My sister loved hers by the way.

Pat - Can't wait to hear how you like CKC. I had thought about going to the St. Louis one but we are doing a retreat this month and thought that would be plenty for me. Maybe sometime we can meet there.

I am going antiquing with a friend tomorrow. Supposed to be 70 degrees here. My kind of weather.

Vickie - I hope you get to feeling better.

Linda & Lynne - Your packages are going in the mail tomorrow. Be on the watch.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #1380
Hardware Hotshot

I will try to get a puddle picture for everyone. We took some video, but not photos when we were out and it was too cold to play outside today....went craft shopping for Joanna's package instead!!
Old 04-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #1381
Glitter Guru

Linda- Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. Thanks again for this "Lovely Layers" stamp set and dies. I LOVE it. Yes, i made the flower with felt that i got from Tracie in this round. On this card i also use the "Harvest Berries" that i got from Patti.

Susanne- Wow congrats on your new Computer. It's always great to have new things.

Heather- Itīs always exciting when children discover new things. Or they do something the first time. My nephews are up to 5th age grew up in the U.S. and they did not know snow. As they saw their first snow in Germany, it was a great fun.

Tracie- I envy your weather

Pat- You will have a blast at the CKC. Enjoy ! Even that I am jealous. LOL

Vickie- Hope you are feeling better today. I saw your cards for the Mo Manning swap on your blog. They are so pretty !

Tonight iīm going to a Zumba class. I love that kind of sport !!

AND today our wastewater connection is renewed. We have opened up the concrete floor in the basement, dug up the front yard to get to the pipes. It looks very messy and does not smell good. That is why we are glad that it is finally done.

Last edited by germanstampler; 04-04-2013 at 11:50 PM..
Old 04-05-2013, 04:30 AM   #1382
Watercolor Wizard

Imke--I know what you are talking about--here its the Septic system...since we live so close to NH (another state) our entire block of homes each have their own septic tanks--buried down in each of our front yards and we are not hooked up the public sewer system because (get this) they won't connect us via across state lines to enable us to do this! Same goes with cable--we have "Comcast" as our main cable company...but will never have Verizon FIOS because wires/cables cannot cross state lines to offer both to the close by NH neighbors or us in MA this opportunity. Strange huh? Maybe someone needs to kick up some dust about this--lets see what my calendar looks like for this year!!!

Old 04-05-2013, 04:38 AM   #1383
Watercolor Wizard

Kids! It's 7am, Tom just pulled away from the drive-way, Patrick's car is started and he is plowing through the house grabbing his baseball work out bag, coffee, breakfast bars, his wallet--(He literally hops out of bed, dresses, grabs his coat and all the above and is out of the house within 3-5 minutes!-Every morning to school!)

Then, just as he is standing at the door to leave--asks me for $--I have absolutely no cash on me...I dial Tom and coordinate that they will meet at the ATM bank that is located right before the highway.

When I called Tom--he just moaned like; "Really--really?" and I played along with the moaning..".Yes, honey we were home all night last night--2 cars in the driveway--but he didn't NEED the money then..." Trust me, I have tried to keep a couple of bills hidden in the house--for this exact reason...but it just gets spent--so I get lazy and use it for other non emergency running out the door times!!! Some times we give the kids our debit cards and say; JUST buying X? Right? He's got money on his debit card but no debit machine at HS...so he's not pullin' the wool over our eyes--just didn't plan! KIDS!!!

Old 04-05-2013, 04:42 AM   #1384
Watercolor Wizard

Heather....my boys used to LOVE walking and splashing in puddles--they did it with such vengence-- like that side stomp so the water is directed at each other or some other innocent victim making their way past the puddles!!! They'd get a "soaker" then complain--I'd say--sorry guys, you'll have to deal with it until we get home! <goofy boys>

Old 04-05-2013, 05:46 AM   #1385
Hardware Hotshot

Yes please, more pictures of Claire ... in or out of the puddles! I don't care!

Susanne: I think that this is the way of men. Some mornings (those that he doesn't run) Ken gets up at 7:00 and leaves the house by 7:30. It takes me an hour and a half to do the same things.

I'm attaching the promised pictures of my quilt.
Attached Thumbnails
wings.jpg   wings2.jpg  
Old 04-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #1386
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanna, they are beautiful! I knew they would be. Love the white bg with the sprinkles but then love the gorgeous blue.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 04-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #1387
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Joanna, Wow, your quilt is gorgeous!
Old 04-05-2013, 07:00 PM   #1388
Watercolor Wizard

QueenieJO...wowza! Absolutely beautiful! How do you make those groovy lil' swirly things sewn in? Do you get dizzy "up, down, swirl arrrround, up down swirl arrrround!"? Amazing!

Old 04-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #1389
Hardware Hotshot

Yep, I made the "groovy swirly things".
Old 04-06-2013, 01:11 AM   #1390
Glitter Guru

Just wonderful, Joanna !! These curved lines look fantastic !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Yep, I made the "groovy swirly things".
Old 04-06-2013, 01:18 AM   #1391
Glitter Guru

So that's really crazy !! It is not to be understood - itīs the same country, right ? As bad as it is not with us, fortunately

For now we are done ! The sewer line are replaced. The smell is gone-that is the best. We are not done yet, because the water lines are also changed yet, but this is the beginning !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
Imke--I know what you are talking about--here its the Septic system...since we live so close to NH (another state) our entire block of homes each have their own septic tanks--buried down in each of our front yards and we are not hooked up the public sewer system because (get this) they won't connect us via across state lines to enable us to do this! Same goes with cable--we have "Comcast" as our main cable company...but will never have Verizon FIOS because wires/cables cannot cross state lines to offer both to the close by NH neighbors or us in MA this opportunity. Strange huh? Maybe someone needs to kick up some dust about this--lets see what my calendar looks like for this year!!!
Old 04-06-2013, 04:16 AM   #1392
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, beautifully done, Joanna! What do you call that pattern? There is a pretty one I've seen that looks like puzzle pieces. I showed Ivy and we got to talking about your t-shirt quilts.... She would like one done after H.S. I am amazed at how many t-shirts they acquire...class shirts, band, flag, volleyball, special events, and church too. Now there will be cheerleading to add to that...we have already had to order a shirt for this summer.

Dance team tryouts are today. Ivy stopped formal dance a few years ago, but now wants to join the team...will see how that goes.

Imke, you are getting so much accomplished with your house...that is amazing! So glad this latest problem is remedied.

Susanne, my friend Rachael warned me that the older kids get the more expensive they become...she has 3 in college and is planning weddings for 2 daughters. It's true for sure! I can see that it's happening at your house too!

Tracie, glad your sister liked her locket! The new catalog comes out on April 16, so I will be placing an order on the 17...if you would like something then, just let me know. I am excited to see the new things...will find out more on Monday night when we have our online meeting.

Gotta run...Davis wants the computer....

I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 04-06-2013, 04:45 AM   #1393
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Joanna - Your quilt is just amazing. What beautiful quilting.

Angela - Can't wait to hear what new charms will come out. I am hoping for a scrapbooking or quilting charm. LOL!

Going to be another beautiful day here. (Sorry Imke!) I am meeting some friends for breakfast and then on to our local LSS to take a class on the ICE Resin. We are making a heart locket. Should be fun.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #1394
Pearl-ExPert

Linda-Happy Belated Anniversary!

Tracie-I look forward to receiving your package! Happy mail rocks!!

Joanna-Your quilt DOES look beautiful!

For the record, I am a silver girl, too.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #1395
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanstampler View Post
Just wonderful, Joanna !! These curved lines look fantastic !
Imke...excuse me, they are called "groovy lil' swirly things" hahahaha! (just kiddin') <smiles>

Old 04-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #1396
Watercolor Wizard

Angela--it's true! We have not bought our kids "smartphones" yet simply because they still cost so much moolah--they all use their I'pod's to go on line and have their cell phones in another pocket! I keep telling them--save your money and upgrade (when it's your turn to upgrade)...Tom was going to get K one for Christmas/Birthday and I said he can't --Shane's at college and every single person there has a smart phone and it's just not in our budget to buy him one (outright)...so it gets very political and costly! But, I am sorry, when I was their age I bought my own stuff--worked my tail off, lived at home and saved my money! Shane did this by earning the money to buy his first car (our trusty ol' 98 Toyota Camry)..he gets it... So, I have pretty much made it clear--you want the pricey stuff--save the bucks for it! I think it also makes them appreciate it and take better care of it if they buy it themselves.

My ol Epson printer was the signal my old computer needed some TLC--it was not connecting correctly through my computer--making a horrible 'wild cat screaching noise' when I would replace an ink cartridge...one thing led to another and well...So today I just got back with a new printer! Saved $45 on not having to buy a new USB plug for it too! Yahoo! I save all those USB plugs--so take note ladies...none of the new equipment is coming with the USB plugs in the box!

Happy Saturday...need to print 900 things--hook it up...!

Old 04-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #1397
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
Wow, beautifully done, Joanna! What do you call that pattern? There is a pretty one I've seen that looks like puzzle pieces. I showed Ivy and we got to talking about your t-shirt quilts.... She would like one done after H.S. I am amazed at how many t-shirts they acquire...class shirts, band, flag, volleyball, special events, and church too. Now there will be cheerleading to add to that...we have already had to order a shirt for this summer.

Dance team tryouts are today. Ivy stopped formal dance a few years ago, but now wants to join the team...will see how that goes.

Imke, you are getting so much accomplished with your house...that is amazing! So glad this latest problem is remedied.

Susanne, my friend Rachael warned me that the older kids get the more expensive they become...she has 3 in college and is planning weddings for 2 daughters. It's true for sure! I can see that it's happening at your house too!

Tracie, glad your sister liked her locket! The new catalog comes out on April 16, so I will be placing an order on the 17...if you would like something then, just let me know. I am excited to see the new things...will find out more on Monday night when we have our online meeting.

Gotta run...Davis wants the computer....
**the other thing is everything is sooo---soooo expensive that they don't think twice about whether something is $25-$50 bucks! Patrick borrowed my debit card to get some of these Vitamin juice packets ($12.00) at Rite Aid Pharmacy--you add them to water--loaded with vitamin C...then went ahead and bought his muscle man protein drink mix--another $50--Now, since he used my debit card--Tom was doing the bills and he calls me on it "Hey, what was almost $70 @ Rite Aid this week?"..I shrugged and said, "I never went to the drug store-why?"...we found out later Patrick made a lil' purchase that was NOT on the list!!! He didn't even flinch-this drives me nuts--we budget for stuff--now if it was HIS money....well, that's different! : )

Old 04-06-2013, 12:38 PM   #1398
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
Angela--it's true! We have not bought our kids "smartphones" yet simply because they still cost so much moolah--they all use their I'pod's to go on line and have their cell phones in another pocket! I keep telling them--save your money and upgrade (when it's your turn to upgrade)...Tom was going to get K one for Christmas/Birthday and I said he can't --Shane's at college and every single person there has a smart phone and it's just not in our budget to buy him one (outright)...so it gets very political and costly! But, I am sorry, when I was their age I bought my own stuff--worked my tail off, lived at home and saved my money! Shane did this by earning the money to buy his first car (our trusty ol' 98 Toyota Camry)..he gets it... So, I have pretty much made it clear--you want the pricey stuff--save the bucks for it! I think it also makes them appreciate it and take better care of it if they buy it themselves.

My ol Epson printer was the signal my old computer needed some TLC--it was not connecting correctly through my computer--making a horrible 'wild cat screaching noise' when I would replace an ink cartridge...one thing led to another and well...So today I just got back with a new printer! Saved $45 on not having to buy a new USB plug for it too! Yahoo! I save all those USB plugs--so take note ladies...none of the new equipment is coming with the USB plugs in the box!

Happy Saturday...need to print 900 things--hook it up...!
I had to buy a new computer a few weeks ago and no, it did not come with a USB plug. I also had saved my old one.

I totally agree about the high price stuff. Kids need to learn to save their own money and buy things that they want but don't need. Smart phones are not a necessity for kids but that is only my opinion. I would probably be battling with mine I'm sure if they had Smart phones back then. I do think kids need phones today. Our lives are so different and we need to be able to stay connected to them while they are at sporting events or practice, practice for cheerleading etc.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 04-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #1399
Stazon Splitcoast

So...Ivy did not make the dance team; she was disappointed, but not too torn up about it. She was the only one at try-outs who is not in dance. The girls like to get glammed up and I tried to point this out to Ivy before she left, but she went in mismatched workout clothes, messy pony tail, and sported hairy legs. Yes, you read that right...hairy legs!!! Ivy is not a glam type of girl...more girl next door.

I hate to say it, but I think it was good for her to experience failure; I certainly don't say this with mean intent, but she is used to success. Sometimes failing can be a good lesson. Funny thing is, DH said the same thing when I told him she didn't make it. Isn't it weird that we were both thinking along the same wavelength?

Old 04-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #1400
Watercolor Wizard

Angela--Ivy has so many great things going on in her life--she deserves to take a break-love the hairy legs!!! Ha-ha-after my quick shaves while zipping through showers here--I bet Ivy and I are on the same "wave length" if you get what I mean!! Hairy leg wavy length! whooyaaaaaaaa! haha But you are right-it is a good lesson to learn--only to appreciate something more dearer to your heart (isn't there some poem or saying out there) if its meant to be it will happen, or it wasn't in the plans because something better is waiting for you around the corner...oh how I want to say something inspirational here... And, speaking of shorts--tomorrow high 50s and if the wind dies down a bit (very chilly windy day today), I might have to be looking for the good razor and a pair of shorts sooner than I think!

Closed Thread