Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree88Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 03:58 AM   #1281
Watercolor Wizard

Imke, I was thinking of stamping and mailing some cute "people" or "things" my class could color at home and bring to class--but I don't know if they'd be up for 'homework'! Maybe I could try 1 image--all the same like we do across the hall and see how it goes?

No SCS inkling in my mailbox today (looking at calendar) it's Wednesday right? Maybe it has not loaded yet?

Wow, 2 months from today I'll be "35" hahahaha! Have a great hump day everyone!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-27-2013, 04:46 AM   #1282
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Susanne, I didn't have the weeklyinkling in my email today either, but it is posted on the home page, how to create a rosebud. (since your post is at the top of this page, that's as far as I've gotten in reading!)

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday (coffee is done so going to grab a cup or two before I fix breakfast)
Old 03-27-2013, 04:51 AM   #1283
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
Long day here-we went to Boston to have a meeting with K's Dr...I was off the hook for dinner so it was take out healthy tuna salad chef salads...with a side of mozzi sticks!!! Oppps I wasn't posta tell ya the unhealthy part!!!hahaha Well, a gals gotta have a lil' fun if she ain't cookin'! If I am ever granted a last meal--fried mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce=heaven!

Vickie--Sour Cream is a Lithuanian staple...I will try that the next time I make chix--do you add it to the flour or just straight up-->sour cream and breading/panko?

I am officially a Shark Tank fan...and now, Celebrity Wife Swap--oh my gosh--itsa lil' bit trashy and a lil' bit fun!

Tracie--still finishing your goodies here--I was gone most of today--so back to the drawing board tomorrow! Just think, you'll be pounded with your belated March goodies all at once! Where did March go? I spent the first week on a high wire to get my sister's bday gifts to her on time (or I'd still be hearing about it)...focus, focus,focus on Tracie!

See you all tomorrow-I am pooped!

Imke...how are you?
Susanne, I coated the boneless, skinless chicken breasts with the sour cream, a good thick coating, and then dredged (covered both sides) in the cornflake crumbs; no mixing of sour cream and crumbs. I did throw in a dash or two of seasoned salt to the crumbs before dredging.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #1284
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Vickie - Never heard of dipping it in sour cream. I have tried buttermilk and it worked well. One of my co-workers then dips hers in crushed cheesits. Haven't tried it yet but sure sounds good.

Susanne - I loved your cards that you made for class. I may use one of your ideas for my class here.

Working on my April kits. Just putting finishing touches on them and should go out in the mail this week or next. Had fun putting them together. My problem is starting too early and I keep adding to the package. I will have to start to learn to limit myself for the next round. LOL!

Off work today so I am going to meet my sister at LSS for lunch. They are having a 25% off everything this week. I'm sure I can find something that I must have.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #1285
Watercolor Wizard

Tracie--my biggest challenge is the NO TIME FOR COLORING ZONE...so it is so handy to create with dies and punches...and change up the style of the card itself--feel free print off my notes--I am so proud of myself for making a mental list--I think the Easter stamp was from Dots design--but it also looks kinda "Whipper Snapper Designs" too..had it for awhile...that's what happens..the labels wear off after uses and washing!

Old 03-27-2013, 07:02 PM   #1286
Watercolor Wizard

I think our SCS Weekly Inkling was on California time? I rec'd mine later morning/early afternoon so I was doing the math--counting 3 hours behind...would be Noon for us and 9am for them! Oh well, just so happy to check it out--love this feature about SCS newsy ideas !

Old 03-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #1287
Hardware Hotshot

Kathy, I cracked the ziploc seal on my bow die today.... EEEEEKKKK!! I love it! It's so cute!!!
Attached Thumbnails
img_2954.jpg  
Old 03-27-2013, 11:25 PM   #1288
Glitter Guru

Beautiful card, Heather and the bow looks fabulous. This is the Lil Inkers, right ? Canīt wait to get mine.

I ordered one and Susanne was kind enough to forward it to me. That saves a lot of postage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeOnline View Post
Kathy, I cracked the ziploc seal on my bow die today.... EEEEEKKKK!! I love it! It's so cute!!!
Old 03-28-2013, 02:17 AM   #1289
Stampin' Fool

I don't know if I told everyone that I was babysitting Jasper while his Momma went back to work. So far it has been part time which is a good thing. LOL! I have forgotten what its like to have an active 12 month old, a very independent one at that. She is working with mentally challenged clients who live in their own homes but have to have someone with them. She is not an IHHS worker it is through a private company an when they found out how much experience she had working with not just dementia an alzh, but also working in a psch facility they hired her as fast as they could get all the necessary paper work an background check done. She has 10 years working with the elderly an also mentally challenged. She loves it an im glad, she is a very compassionate person an I should know I was one of her supervisors for most of those 10 years.

He is actually pretty good an since the house is mostly baby proof yet he still finds things to get into. He really likes to get into to trash know, we separate it and he mostly gets into the burnable stuff. This evening I was watching Armywives on the computer an had headphones on an didn't realize Nickie had taken the phone out to the front porch to talk to her ex about plans with her older boys for this weekend and Gregg had fell asleep just 5 feet away in his recliner when I smell pepper very very strong, I turn around an he is sitting behind me with the schllings course black pepper full bottle dumped on the carpet just swirling his fingers in it. I am so thankful that he didn't get it in his eyes, the other scary part he climbed up on the step ladder I use in the kitchen, (still not sure how he did it) to get it. Kitchen right behind me. So, I had to wake his papa up to hold his hands away from his face so his mom could come wash him up while I cleaned up the mess. Hmm, 3 person job that one little. Guy!!!!!
Old 03-28-2013, 04:50 AM   #1290
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanstampler View Post
Beautiful card, Heather and the bow looks fabulous. This is the Lil Inkers, right ? Canīt wait to get mine.

I ordered one and Susanne was kind enough to forward it to me. That saves a lot of postage.
Still not there huh Imke? Should be any day now--I hope--you always have to WAIT for things!

Old 03-28-2013, 05:14 AM   #1291
Glitter Guru

Heather, so glad you like it! That card is awesome, so bright and fun! Imke, hope yours arrives soon!

Susanne, I agree, with a 2 hour class, forget coloring. I remember when I was a SU demo, we used to have a card night with 10 tables (each demo had 2) and people would make 10 cards in three hours. Forget it if anyone had a complicated design or coloring, lol. One night we were there for 6 hours, I was falling asleep standing up! I LOVE the cards you did with your class, so elegant. So funny that you don't like brown, but really made it work so well! How is K doing? Did she like your card and note? Keeping you all in my thoughts, she's lucky to have such a great and caring mom!

Vickie, that chicken sounds delicious! Going to try it for sure.

Denise, so funny about Jasper getting into everything. Glad the pepper didn't get into his eyes. He's quite the handful isn't he? So adorable though!

Patti, hope things are going OK for your mom and dad and that you can find the help your mom needs.

Liam's been sick this week, so we haven't done much over spring break.Cal's had lots of sports practice. I think I may have frostbite on my toes from last night, well maybe not that bad, but they were numb for a few hours after practice.

Hope you are all doing well this week!
Old 03-28-2013, 05:35 AM   #1292
Glitter Guru

Donīt worry. At the moment, the mail takes a long time again. No idea why Lindaīs package is still on its way.

I remember when Linda sent me Deniseīs stuff it only takes 4 days !! From Friday to Tuesday ! It goes when its wants

I think maybe in the next week because tomorrow and Monday we have a holida here in Germany. On these days, there is no post anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
Still not there huh Imke? Should be any day now--I hope--you always have to WAIT for things!
Old 03-28-2013, 05:45 AM   #1293
Glitter Guru

Kathy- I hope Liam recover soon. Itīs a pity to have spring break and to be sick.
With the frostbite I totally understand. I always have cold hands and feet, which is not normal. My toes are sometimes very blue It really is not normal. My dermatologist once said: My feets are eventually become really cold (with frostbite) and then you get it again and again. I have to live with it, but it's uncomfortable. That's why I love the summer! Then I do not have cold hands and feet !

Speaking about it.....itīs snowing again today ***ggggrrrrrhhhhh !!!!!

Denise- Jasper keeps you on your toes, eh? But I think it's still good then you have a mission and it is not boring
Old 03-28-2013, 07:47 AM   #1294
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning everyone!

Kathy, hope Liam is feeling better. It is a shame he was sick over Spring break. I can see how your feet would freeze, sitting out in this crazy weather to watch baseball would do it.

Imke, when did you get frostbite? I didn't realize that once having it happen you would get cold easy from then on. It must be miserable at times.

I think we are all wishing for warm weather. It was 63 here yesterday and beautiful. I hope the sun shines again today and we are supposed to have another warm day. Saturday it is supposed to be 68 with a chance of rain. Of course that is the day we are all getting together and having an Easter Egg hunt so I am hoping for no rain even though we need it.

Heather, your card is really cute. I've used mine a few times and really like it since you can make the bow match your card papers.

I am waiting for my envelope maker. I wonder when the pre-orders will go out.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 03-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #1295
Stazon Splitcoast

Heather, great card...love the bright colors!

Imke, I have cold hands and feet too...I'm with you, I can't wait for summer!

Vickie, your chicken sounds good. You can also coat chicken with a mixture of salsa and mayo and then bake it...very good flavor.

Made some yummy veggies...fresh broccoli and strips of red pepper steamed and seasoned with garlic, dill and sea salt. So good...no butter or olive oil or anything! Has anyone tried the Tastefully Simple spices and seasonings? That's where the garlic/dill seasoning came from...I love them!

Kathleen, hope Liam gets to feeling better. Davis has had a cold and now feels like he has a temp. tonight.

Speaking of SU! classes.... One time my friend Sue was holding a class...like Kathleen mentioned, a table for each card. We used Pearl Ex powder on one of the cards and there were some newbies there who didn't have a clue or follow directions; anyway, you should have seen the haze in the air! Oh my word! We laughed about that one for a long time...we said our lungs were still probably iridescent! LOL

Denise, Jasper sounds like a handful...and a dare devil! It keeps you young, right?!

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 03-29-2013, 01:13 AM   #1296
Glitter Guru

I can not remember that I had once had such cold feet. It must be years ago. But at some point I noticed that my toes in the fall / winter are really red and sometimes blue ! Then I went to the doctor and he told me that there are frostbite. I have no blisters or bumps, which is the worst form. But thatīs enough for me. He also said if you have had it once, it comes again and again. And it's true, for years it begins in the fall when it gets colder and does not stop until the spring to when it gets warmer.

And at my hands itīs similar. Even in the thickest gloves I have cold hands.

Everyone has their problems and I'm only 38 ! Just what I do when I'm 60 Hahaha !

From which company is the envelope maker ? I have the MS scoring board and with this i can also make envelopes. But rarely do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
Good Morning everyone!

Kathy, hope Liam is feeling better. It is a shame he was sick over Spring break. I can see how your feet would freeze, sitting out in this crazy weather to watch baseball would do it.

Imke, when did you get frostbite? I didn't realize that once having it happen you would get cold easy from then on. It must be miserable at times.

I think we are all wishing for warm weather. It was 63 here yesterday and beautiful. I hope the sun shines again today and we are supposed to have another warm day. Saturday it is supposed to be 68 with a chance of rain. Of course that is the day we are all getting together and having an Easter Egg hunt so I am hoping for no rain even though we need it.

Heather, your card is really cute. I've used mine a few times and really like it since you can make the bow match your card papers.

I am waiting for my envelope maker. I wonder when the pre-orders will go out.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:05 AM   #1297
Watercolor Wizard

Imke--ouch about the frostbite--I think Tom has a lil' on his feet from his ol' hockey days--he used to wake at the crack of dawn, throw his skates on (bare feet) because his skates felt better that way--(Patrick does that too) (gross!)...anyway, he always has cold feet in winter!

We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch--I ordered one from OH My Crafts--got it for $2 less than the price--they are shipping next week. If you go to their site there is a video--I really need this since I am sick of buying huge amounts of envies. Plus, I have noticed with the Vellum envy, the glue on the back discolors after awhile--so my pretty clear envy has this ugly yellowish glue at the closure! EEEK! And this is wrapped in a cello envy over it!

Go check it out--really cool and you can make 60 different size envies from it--you can also punch the round edges after making the envy--looks very professional--quick to make too! I also own the MS large and small scoring board--the punch is faster!

Old 03-29-2013, 04:06 AM   #1298
Watercolor Wizard

Have a nice Easter everyone--low key here--just out for a late brunch on Sunday to a Pancake House with Tom's brother and his wife! I will make them a card and give them some cute candy thing...low key!

Old 03-29-2013, 05:57 AM   #1299
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Imke - The frost bite sounds very painful. I never stay out in the cold long enough. I am a big baby when it comes to cold. Give me hot any day.

Susanne - I will be curious to hear how you like your envelope punch.

Last night I went to dinner with a couple of friends. Had a wonderful time because we sat out on the patio and it was just gorgeous. I got home late but had this wonderful package from Angela in the mail. What was exciting for me was things that I had never seen. It started with color coordinating cardstock,Doddle Deux paper pad, beautiful felt, markers and ribbons that all match, beaded trim, 3 pkg charms, gemstones, sun and cloud dies, verve stamp set, verve die, mft floral die, and floral bling. I cannot wait to work with all of these. Angela, thank you so much.

I am off work today and Monday. Hopefully I will have time to play with all my goodies.
Attached Thumbnails
angela-kit.jpg  
Old 03-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #1300
Stazon Splitcoast

Tracie, so glad your package arrived...enjoy!

The thread is quiet today...what is everybody up to?

We are elbow deep in cuppies today.... Ivy has orders for Carrot, Raspberry Lemonade, Lemon, Andes Mint, Peanut Butter, White Wedding! Plus, I am trying a new recipe for Caramel Toffee Latte just for us and some friends.

Davis got a cell phone today...he has been wanting one for a long time, but has had to wait. He thinks that if his sister has something, he should too, but he is 2 years younger and 3 years behind her in school...the waiting has been hard.

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow

Last edited by monkeymama; 03-29-2013 at 02:56 PM..
Old 03-29-2013, 01:27 PM   #1301
Hardware Hotshot

Just got back from the grocery store. Gadzooks, it was busy! There was almost a brawl at the deli when a woman tried to cut in front of another man. He was cranky! I thought he was going to cut her. After they both left, I tried to lighten the mood and said, "apparently he REALLY wanted that swiss cheese." I hate when people are mean.

My sister just bought a phone for her 13 year old. She was a tad disappointed when it was just a flip phone. We were thinking about waiting til' they were 16 but I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. With sports schedules and clubs, we might have to cough it up sooner.

Great package Tracie! Angela always does such a nice job with her kits.

I got my catty yesterday Angela. I can't wait to build one with my sister.

TJ told me that he knows that I am really the Easter Bunny. I was a little sad but we had a little "chat" about how now that he knows the secret, he can't spoil it for his brother (yep, my oldest STILL believes God bless him.)
Old 03-29-2013, 04:19 PM   #1302
Pearl-ExPert

I hope everyone enjoys their Easter weekend!
Old 03-29-2013, 05:29 PM   #1303
Stazon Splitcoast

I have been busy cleaning today. Scott and Debra are coming in tomorrow before noon so I thought I needed to do a little sweeping, mopping etc. We are having an Easter dinner on Saturday afternoon with a Easter Egg Hunt for the kids. Sunday both of my Sons, Debra, Alex, Raven, Danielle, Riley and Drake are going to Church with us. Maybe a few more will show up.

Joanna, I am always happy when they still believe. It's cool that T.J. knows and will keep it quiet. Time goes so fast and they are grown before you know it.

Angela, hope you have some time for yourself.

Tracie, looks like we might get rain tomorrow. Our weather is a lot alike you just get the more severe.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

HAPPY EASTER!

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-29-2013, 06:31 PM   #1304
Glitter Guru

Aww, Joanna, that is cute! How sweet for TJ to keep the secret.

Angela, wow a cell phone, he is really growing up! That's great, he must be so excited. A lot of the kids around here get them in middle school. I think it's because they are running to so many activities and a lot of parents are working, so it's the best way to stay in touch.

Linda, so glad you will have lots of family around for Easter.

Enjoy your Easter weekend too Lynne!

Fun package Tracie! Love those Verve stamps, they are so pretty.

Heather, you won the VLV challenges this month!!!! Way to go girl! You probably already saw it, but I wanted to say congrats, so excited to see someone I know win the prize!

We just got in from my inlaws, we went up to there today to see an oral surgeon who is near their house for a consult for Cal. He has an extra set of front teeth. They are up above the set that is in already and are facing the wrong way root down, tooth up. They will need to come out so they don't damage the set that is in already. We will probably wait til summer, so he won't miss school.

We hit a lego store on the way home (just what we needed more legos ), the kid's had some gift certificates from Christmas, so they are all busy building right now.

We are headed to DE tomorrow, it's the anniversary of my mom's death (11 years), so we try to spend the day with my dad and go to the cemetery together. Always a depressing day. But, I'm glad we will be with my dad.

Hope you all have a good Easter. I need to head out and get candy. Don't think I've ever waited this late before, hope there are some peeps left!

Last edited by Kathleen Curry; 03-29-2013 at 06:38 PM..
Old 03-29-2013, 06:39 PM   #1305
Glitter Guru

Thinking of Lena, too. She had her port and g tube put in yesterday. Hoping it went well for her.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:44 PM   #1306
Stazon Splitcoast

Thinking of Lena today and will be thinking of you tomorrow Kathy.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-29-2013, 08:32 PM   #1307
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Just got back from the grocery store. Gadzooks, it was busy! There was almost a brawl at the deli when a woman tried to cut in front of another man. He was cranky! I thought he was going to cut her. After they both left, I tried to lighten the mood and said, "apparently he REALLY wanted that swiss cheese." I hate when people are mean.

My sister just bought a phone for her 13 year old. She was a tad disappointed when it was just a flip phone. We were thinking about waiting til' they were 16 but I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. With sports schedules and clubs, we might have to cough it up sooner.

Great package Tracie! Angela always does such a nice job with her kits.

I got my catty yesterday Angela. I can't wait to build one with my sister.

TJ told me that he knows that I am really the Easter Bunny. I was a little sad but we had a little "chat" about how now that he knows the secret, he can't spoil it for his brother (yep, my oldest STILL believes God bless him.)
As we always said in our house...If you don't believe, it won't happen! (good luck sistah)

Old 03-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #1308
Watercolor Wizard

Tracie--you goodie package is taped and bonded--ready to go---My printer is on the blink so I hand wrote you addy! I tried to embellish, but it's not the same as a cute font!

I will have whoever is up the earliest tomorrow--head for the PO! Talk about cutting it under the wire! Oy Vey girl........Theme: Aqua/Ocean! Enjoy!

Old 03-29-2013, 08:36 PM   #1309
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie1974 View Post
I hope everyone enjoys their Easter weekend!
You too Lynne--I was just stoppin' in to check our your 'wishlist'...since YOU, my friend are on tap for next on the list! Yahoo...Have fun with the entire month of April! ...............how exciting!

Old 03-29-2013, 08:40 PM   #1310
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
Tracie, so glad your package arrived...enjoy!

The thread is quiet today...what is everybody up to?

We are elbow deep in cuppies today.... Ivy has orders for Carrot, Raspberry Lemonade, Lemon, Andes Mint, Peanut Butter, White Wedding! Plus, I am trying a new recipe for Caramel Toffee Latte just for us and some friends.

Davis got a cell phone today...he has been wanting one for a long time, but has had to wait. He thinks that if his sister has something, he should too, but he is 2 years younger and 3 years behind her in school...the waiting has been hard.
Angela--I have been scanning the cupcake recipes and all the adorable cupcake papers in the stores--I think I am going to attempt Chez cake in those lil' papers this weekend-wish me luck!..When my kids got phones--they were each Freshmen in HS......we had to have them since their schedules became bizzerk! Plus, there is no such thing as a "public phone" around!....the rest is history.....it's our way to communicate to them now...usually in text form since they don't answer their phones like NORMAL people!!! good luck!

Old 03-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #1311
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Curry View Post
Aww, Joanna, that is cute! How sweet for TJ to keep the secret.

Angela, wow a cell phone, he is really growing up! That's great, he must be so excited. A lot of the kids around here get them in middle school. I think it's because they are running to so many activities and a lot of parents are working, so it's the best way to stay in touch.

Linda, so glad you will have lots of family around for Easter.

Enjoy your Easter weekend too Lynne!

Fun package Tracie! Love those Verve stamps, they are so pretty.

Heather, you won the VLV challenges this month!!!! Way to go girl! You probably already saw it, but I wanted to say congrats, so excited to see someone I know win the prize!

We just got in from my inlaws, we went up to there today to see an oral surgeon who is near their house for a consult for Cal. He has an extra set of front teeth. They are up above the set that is in already and are facing the wrong way root down, tooth up. They will need to come out so they don't damage the set that is in already. We will probably wait til summer, so he won't miss school.

We hit a lego store on the way home (just what we needed more legos ), the kid's had some gift certificates from Christmas, so they are all busy building right now.

We are headed to DE tomorrow, it's the anniversary of my mom's death (11 years), so we try to spend the day with my dad and go to the cemetery together. Always a depressing day. But, I'm glad we will be with my dad.

Hope you all have a good Easter. I need to head out and get candy. Don't think I've ever waited this late before, hope there are some peeps left!
Kathleen-get a second opinion on Cal's teeth--I was advised to bring Shane to the oral surgeon...he wanted to cut here and there for his underbite...When I brought him to our trusty Orthodontic Dentist...he said "NO"!...he fixed it!..He was also amazed that the Ortho guys on the hill suggested Shane go through that torture! Shane did get braces...and has beautiful teeth today-no underbite via the orthodontist!...

On a nother note-----peace be with you to visit your Mom's passing--we did that here in Chicago for my Mom...it's tough...thoughts are with you...{{{Kathleen}}}}

Old 03-30-2013, 02:15 AM   #1312
Glitter Guru

Lynnne- Wish you also a great easter weekend. Any special plans ?

Tracie- Awesome package from Angela. Enjoy it !!

Joanna- Itīs so sweet that TJ will keeps it secret. Let's see how long he holds out

Kathy- Lego build together is fun. My nephews are so fast in it. I just viewed the instructions and they are almost finished with build. I hope the day is not too sentimental for you and your family. Enjoy the time with your dad ! Thanks for the note about Lena. I also hope everything went well. She is my thoughts.

Linda- Say Hello to Debra and have a wonderful time with your family.

Angela- I can smell the cupcakes Wow, Ivy has received a large order. If this continues you need a bigger kitchen soon Way to go !!
Davis is certainly proud of his new Cell Phone. It is not easy to consider the age difference.

Susanne- Thanks for the info about the envelope maker. I saw a YOU TUBE video and it looks like a great fun. Itīs great that it punched the protruding parts. I think its a big help. I can make envelopes with my Martha Stewart scoring board but i have to cut these parts with scissors. Have fun with it !!

Heather- WOW congrats on your BIG win. A 100 $ gift card- HAVE FUN shopping !!!

I won 4 digi images from Sassy Studio Designs. Kathy is in their DT and always makes so nice cards with their images I'm really excited about it. It's not quite my style, but I'm very happy to try it.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:27 AM   #1313
Glitter Guru

Default Mail Call !

Linda, your package arrived today and itīs stunning !! I was really speechless. My husband should take a photo when unpacking. I look determined like a little kid at Christmas

She sents me: Lindor Chocolate, A "Stamp It" magazine, PTI Ribbon, Different Twine and Flowers, Charms, Buttons, A "Simple Stories" Paper Pad, a Cuttlebug EB Folder, punched parts.....
and as it would not be enough, she has given me a PTI stamp set and the matching dies. And the BEST is it was on my wish list ! Iīm doing the happy dance. Itīs the LOVELY LAYERS stamp set !
As i saw the lovely flowers that Tracie made with it, i fell in love.

Linda, thank you so much. I love every single part. It is, as always, way too much but I am very happy and your generosity is greatly appreciated. What a great easter for me
Old 03-30-2013, 02:31 AM   #1314
Glitter Guru

Susanne- I've seen some videos on You Tube about "Graphic 45". Among other things this one .
Arenīt they beautiful ? I'll try it with the kit that I received from you. I just have to get the ornaments and then i can start.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:28 AM   #1315
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Imke - Those ornaments are gorgeous. You have to love Graphic 45.

Kathy - Wishing you well tomorrow. I'm sure your dad will be glad to see you.

Thinking of Lena today.

Linda - Have a great visit with Debra and Scott. I'm so glad she got the time off work.

Rainy day here today which means I might get some crafting done. I played with Vickie's kit yesterday and hope to play with Angela's kit today.

Susanne - You have peaked my interest. Ocean/Aqua can't wait. My favorite color.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:32 AM   #1316
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanstampler View Post
Susanne- I've seen some videos on You Tube about "Graphic 45". Among other things this one .
Arenīt they beautiful ? I'll try it with the kit that I received from you. I just have to get the ornaments and then i can start.
It was fun to watch Imke--even in FAST speed--funny how she painted it then covered all the paint? (probably to have a neutral color to start--so the paper doesn't get cloudy glued on that ugly brown core of the ornament?) Also, her hands were out of frame--but the outcome is beautiful---I have to remember that about those 'pages' that look like something a Scrapbooker would use with lil' signage and numbers--I also like those ornament disks--wonder if Michaels has them...perfect for ornaments huh?

Old 03-30-2013, 05:39 AM   #1317
Watercolor Wizard

Tracie!!! Your package is officially on it's way! I finished it up last night and Tom just ran to the PO for me! (sweet hubby) I was not able to jot you a typed note inside because my printer and "print spooler" inside my computer are NOT getting along! My tower has to go into the shop on Monday--ck for some oddities and then once fixed, if the printer still is NOT cooperating off to Stables to buy a new one!

So, I ran with a theme and your present love color: Aqua--Nautical--Ocean--Beach--Enjoy!

Isn't it funny how all of a sudden we love certain colors? I bought these adorable mini bags in almost a (dare I say) neon orange for a project for my first SU workshop class--in lieu of clay pots (cheaper)...I have visions of using black as a punch color with other brights--we'll see how they turn out!

Happy Easter everyone!

Old 03-30-2013, 07:08 AM   #1318
Hardware Hotshot

I go through color phases too. I bought a whole bunch of aqua for someone here here (I think it was Pat) and then ended up making 3 or 4 cards with aqua. It was almost as is I forgot how great a color it is!!

Thinking of you Kathy. You DO have a tough day ahead.

Lena, and Angela: I have cards here on the table for you. I promise to get them in the mail this next week. I'm outa 6x6 envies and I keep forgetting to buy them (you do NOT want me to make my own ... I just envision them popping open in the mail) And SPEAKING of mail, Sus ... your gorgeous card arrived. Wow!

We're dye-ing eggs today. I read online about using shaving cream and food dye to make swirly eggs. We're going to try it. It will no doubt be stinky but what the heck.

The Lego Store? Wow, that is my kids most FAVORITE store IN THE WORLD. We can spend hours when we stop in. Right now Caleb is into Ninjago. No, not the current lego craze Chima where we could buy the blocks in normal stores but last year's thing so we have to search on ebay and other expensive outlets. Ugh. Call me crazy but I do not want to spend $300 on a stupid dragon that he will build once.

Imke and Heather: Congrats on your wins.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Easter weekend.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:26 AM   #1319
Watercolor Wizard

QueenieJO...MS had a BUNCH of egg coloring techniques this week--seems like my inbox was bombarded with them! Of course no one really eats hard boiled eggs here 'cept me and no one is into the coloring bit--So I guess I'll just go out and buy some chocolate eggs! That'll work--wouldn't it be funny if they just sold "BUNNY EARS" hahaha...Since that's all anyone bites off the bunny! Call em' "First Bites"

Question to those of you who recently received cards with homemade envies--were the envies secure? I know my cards are chubby--but was it glued shut upon receipt?

Okay..missed what Heather and Imke won...<thumbing through> Ahhh...congrats ladies!

Heck QueenieJO--If I built a $300 dragon--I'd pretty much glue it together and make it a part of the decor!!! Yikes, thatsa lotta pieces!

Hate to say this out loud..but today is the 5th weekend of March-which means, the "bag ladies of AE" go shop today with their pretty plastic AE bags...everything is automatically 20% off...Plus, we can use coupons! I thought I would start on Lynne's April goodies today!!! <just peeked at Lynne's wish list> Now all I have to do is wait for a car!!! Happy Easter!

Old 03-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #1320
Pearl-ExPert

Hey everyone! I hope you're enjoying your Saturday. The weather here is beautiful and spring-like. I'm really not doing much this weekend, but sometimes that is a nice change of pace. Perhaps I'll catch up on some reading and crafting. Monday, we go to a friend's place for Easter dinner. So yay, no cooking for us!

As for today, I think we're braving the local Walmart later. I hope most people have already gotten their turkeys and ham. We need more hay for the bunny. Speaking of rabbits, I hope people aren't stupid and buy a bunch of rabbits for their kids, which they later discover are not easy to take care of. That just makes me so mad. Anyway, happy thoughts!
Closed Thread