Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree88Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 02:24 AM   #1241
Gallery Gazer

Heather- Wow this is really a lot of snow ! Did I mention that I'm ready for spring ? LOL

Denise- Itīs so nice to hear that you are feeling better and better !!

Joanna- Also snow again ? We just got cold arctic from Russia. Although no snow (thankfully) but at night minus 10 degrees Hello, knock knock it's the March 24th ! AND from the "Golden State" to Colorado. Ken must be worth it

Pat- Your 9-9 crop sounds great. Canīt wait to see your "mystery image" card.

Susanne- I wish you lots of fun today with your class !
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-24-2013, 04:31 AM   #1242
SCS BRAK Coordinator

We have 8 inches of snow and it is still snowing. Ugh! I keep wishing for warmer weather. Surely spring is right around the corner.

Denise, it is so good seeing you back on the threads and that you are feeling better.

Susanne - Can't wait to hear about your class. I'm sure it will be a great success.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 03-24-2013, 07:07 AM   #1243
Gabfest Goddess

Happy SNOWY Sunday...sounds like everyone is getting hit with the cold, wet stuff, even those of you who usually don't get it. Ours hasn't yet arrived, but the forecasters say it is coming tonight.

Heather, the photo of your front yard is quite impressive! I've taken pics of our yard when we get hit with big snow, and you're right...the photos just don't show how much you actually got!

Linda, I'm gonna have to check out your blog for pics of things you've made with your Cameo. I'm sure that the more you use it, the more proficient you will become with it, and soon you will be a pro, teaching us!

Jo, glad to hear you make the tee shirt quilts! like I said, not quite ready for another one, and I'm afraid mine will be boring, however will be happy to send you the business when I am ready.

Vickie, thanks for your response to my pm, just holding out on making my reservation and hoping to able to schedule that time off work!

Sus, here's hoping your class is FABULOUS! Of course knowing how creative you are, it'll be awesome, but hoping your attendees appreciate all the time and effort you put into your classes. My devout Catholic mom will be so happy to hear that a "decade" is being said for her! What a cute story...six kids praying in the back of a station wagon. Mom's daughter (moi!) is also grateful for the prayers, from ALL of you. I know my latest challenges are nothing compared to what some of you have faced, but I am truly blessed by the love and support here.

Pat, every time I read about your crops and retreats, the biggest smile comes across my face...I think I am living vicariously through you! Is it time for me to retire from work yet???

Denise, what a nice tribute to the ladies here on SCS and this thread. How could you possibly offend anyone with the nice things you had to say? Truly happy that you are feeling well enough to join us again! You were missed!

Well, I did get the chance to play a bit in the craft room yesterday. Made two cards from the kits Imke sent me last month. Hoping to get them uploaded today, and maybe find the time to made a few creations from the kits sent by Linda and Lena.

Tracie, I forgot to tell you, that I made a DOZEN, very CAS cards for my sister's marriage ministry from that gorgeous My Mind's Eye paper that you sent me last month. I am hoping to make some more similar cards with the remaining papers, and can't wait to color up some of those cute, cute kitty images you sent.

So enjoying the bit of time I've had to play in the craft room yesterday. Seems like I haven't been able to do that in sooo long! Now I'm in the mood to play, but really the mojo is missing. It was kinda tough conjuring up the creative juices to make the two cards I made from Imke's gifts. I do have a couple hours today, then it's back to the work grind for me tonight...three in a row, so I'll likely be MIA again for awhile.

Have a great week, and be careful digging out from under the white stuff!
Old 03-24-2013, 08:43 AM   #1244
Die Cut Diva

Patti I need to retire too, seems like I just don't have time for work any more!!! LOL LOL.

With Easter next weekend I don't have any crops planned so I'm going to try and get some spring cleaning done...Hopefully not around the snow. Soooo ready for spring and I know you girls with all this snow are too!!
Old 03-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #1245
Stazon Splitcoast

I finally got my card posted for across the hall. I had to resize and had to go find a way to do that and it took 3 hours. Sometimes I just want to throw in the towel but I think I finally figured out how to do it on Photoshop. It is on my blog too.

We had about 2 inches of snow. I took a photo of our front yard on our way to church and a picture after church. Snow before and no snow after, already all melted. Crazy weather.

Pat, how much longer do you have to work? There are times I wish I still worked a little or PT when it comes to money but I love sleeping in and playing in my craft room as much as I want to.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 03-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #1246
Hardware Hotshot

Wow, Heather ... you have a ton more than us (I'm attaching a picture of TJ walking up toward our mailbox) So is that from one snow or accumulation from all winter? The thing about Colorado is that we get big totals but then because of our altitude, it melts REALLY fast because of the sun's radiation (or at least that's what Ken tells me!)

Speaking of my house, did you see that my neighborhood made National news with the prison official who was killed. That occurred about a mile from the new house much to Ken's dismay.

My dog has successfully de-squeeked her favorite toy. She is chewing, and you can't see anything in her mouth but every time she opens or closes her mouth it squeeks. I suppose I ought to fish it out before she chokes. Big ol' dork.

We have Spring Break tomorrow. We were supposed to go to New Mexico for a mini-vacation but the snow has Ken freaked out. Maybe we will have to do a stay-cation instead. Hope not. I kinda had my heart set on going to Trader Joe's (yum) and a few fabric and stamp stores in Sante Fe.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #1247
Hardware Hotshot

Oops. I forgot to attach the picture. Here it is
Attached Thumbnails
snow.jpg  
Old 03-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #1248
Forum Fanatic

Wow...some of youz' got snowed! I can so relate! Just think a month from now we'll be shoppin' for flip flops! <stay warm>

I was just informed that Patrick NEEDS to get up at 5am--he's running with his baseball team before school in the morning! Aaack--poof there goes a warm cuddly hour of sleep time for me too! (Why does it always work that way--can he not quietly get up, poke his head in our room--"G'bye loving parent's--off to run the streets of Lawrence with my fellow baseball time..." before our alarm goes off at 6! No such luck!

My class was great-need to post the two cards--Oh they were so happy and Tom was such a love--he helped me tidy up and ran out to the store for a fruit platter! What a guy! When the women walked in and settled down--one of them heard the vacuum cleaner and said..."Susanne, your husband is vacuuming?" I shrugged my shoulders and said I was married to thee best man in the world--what can I say?!!!

I enabled them--showed them the We R Memory Keepers video on the Envelope Punch! Told them to come next month play with mine...but I heard some heavy breathing and ooo's and ahhh's from across the room!!!

One of the woman in my group always-ALWAYS starts out every project with "I CAN'T DO THIS!" We help her along and before you know it ...she's saying, "Now this was fun!" We all made pocket cards today--she zero's in on the tape running like she is performing brain surgery--all of us waiting for the next step...I say (kindly), um Caroline no one in the WORLD is going to see how you taped those pieces together-not even you after this step! She's funny, like she won't sleep tonight w/o 14 lbs of tape runner hidden inside her card!

We're getting together in April!

Good weekend-it zoomed by as usual. off to try my first Napkin Fold Card!!!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 03-24-2013, 06:56 PM   #1249
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
I finally got my card posted for across the hall. I had to resize and had to go find a way to do that and it took 3 hours. Sometimes I just want to throw in the towel but I think I finally figured out how to do it on Photoshop. It is on my blog too.

We had about 2 inches of snow. I took a photo of our front yard on our way to church and a picture after church. Snow before and no snow after, already all melted. Crazy weather.

Pat, how much longer do you have to work? There are times I wish I still worked a little or PT when it comes to money but I love sleeping in and playing in my craft room as much as I want to.
Linda--this happens to me IF my digital camera setting is NOT on the Tulip image! Lydia from SCS said this to me--I kept getting my photo kicked back...Set you digital on the TULIPS..no more than 2184 pixels (I think that is the magic number)...IT worked once I always remember the TULIPS! Gosh, I hope you have a Tulip image on your digital or you are gonna think I am bonkers! hahaha

Old 03-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #1250
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
Linda--this happens to me IF my digital camera setting is NOT on the Tulip image! Lydia from SCS said this to me--I kept getting my photo kicked back...Set you digital on the TULIPS..no more than 2184 pixels (I think that is the magic number)...IT worked once I always remember the TULIPS! Gosh, I hope you have a Tulip image on your digital or you are gonna think I am bonkers! hahaha
Shouldn't be related....the tulip is the fine detail setting and makes for better close up pictures. But, I don't think it affects the size of the picture. I usually have mine on the fine detail setting and always have to resize my pictures.

I use Free Online Picture Resizer - Crop and Resize photos, images, or pictures online for FREE! or I use my photo editing software.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:44 PM   #1251
Stampin' Fool

Sus, she has a tulip setting or she did on her one camera!!! She just has to remember how to get to it
Old 03-24-2013, 08:27 PM   #1252
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie0090 View Post
Sus, she has a tulip setting or she did on her one camera!!! She just has to remember how to get to it
NO Tulip anymore. My favorite Kodak quit the flash, on the plane coming out last year and the new Kodak I bought 2 yrs. ago out there just quit so I now have a Canon. Thanks for trying to help Susanne and Heather. I can do it pretty easy now that I have learned how on photoshop.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #1253
Stazon Splitcoast

Denise, is photoshop still on the laptop I gave you? I may need it for posting while out there.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #1254
Stampin' Fool

Yes an I have photoshop on my laptop top
Old 03-25-2013, 05:50 AM   #1255
Glitter Guru

Happy Monday ladies!

Pat, I thought of you on Sat. and thought I bet she is at a fabulous crop today. Like Patti said, I live vicariously through you, lol!

Denise, so good to see you more, glad the meds are helping you to feel a bit better.

Linda, way to go figuring out photoshop! I tried, but the whole layers thing had me in such a state of confusion, my head was spinning! Glad you are able to get your photos resized now.

Patti, sorry to hear your mom is having troubles. Hoping things will work out and that you can get her the help she needs. It's hard being the one everyone goes to, I think the fact that you are a nurse also probably makes everyone head right to you for anything medical. Hang in there!

Heather, wow, that is a lot of snow! Lynn, you said you have the same amount too!!! That's going to take quite a while to melt. Where is spring this year?

Jo, hope you get to go to New Mexico for break. Trader Joe's is great, we don't have one around here either, though.

We are on spring break this week too. And it is snowing! LOL, oh well. We were hoping to get to Six Flags a few times this week (we have a season pass), but looks like the weather isn't going to cooperate! Wondering if my oldest will have his lacrosse practice tonight in the snow. They don't mind playing in the elements (but I will mind watching in the snow, lol).

Susanne, glad your class went well, sounds like fun.

Hope you all have a great week.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #1256
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning to all!

So much going on here! So much snow too! We had a bit this weekend as well; it was more slick than snowy though.

Pat, you are always off having fun...good for you! You are lucky to be close to so many fun activities...and to have good friends to enjoy them with.

Susanne, wish I was close enough to come take one of your classes. Wouldn't it be a hoot if all your SCS friends showed up on your doorstep some Saturday for a class? How fun that would be! Of course, we could all bring our jammies and turn it into a sleep over. LOL

Joanna and Kathleen, enjoy your spring break week! I wish the weather would be better for you. We had spring break a couple of weeks ago, but the kids are off for good Friday. Ivy has a bunch of orders to get out Friday and Saturday so that really worked out well. We'll be up to our elbows in buttercream...yum!

Linda, you must be doing well to master the Photoshop. I have one of those watermarks to put on my TMS cards, but don't have a clue how to do it. I was able to put it on using Open Office, but then couldn't open the file the card was stored in! Ack! I'm probably missing a simple step, but I am basically clueless.

Wow, Patti, I am really impressed that you managed to get a dozen cards done...that's awesome! Sounds like the crafty time was just what you needed after all that's been going on lately. Thinking of you.

Joanna, I am so sorry to have dropped the ball with your catalog! It is in an envelope on the message center just waiting for me to address it.... I needed to search my PMs to find your new addy and didn't realize that I had neglected to do that. I hope you will forgive my faux paus.... It will go in today's mail along with Denise's.

I was able to order all of the jewelry last night; there had been issues with the site. I bought a bunch of the bling to have on hand, along with most of the charms that I didn't have...thought it would be nice for customers to see them in person. Can't wait to see everything! Will keep you all posted on when to expect your packages....

I worked this weekend. This a.m. we had a staff meeting...things have been rough at work and it appears there will be no change with that anytime soon. Sometimes I get discouraged and it feels the stress is making me old before my time.... I am only 46 after all, isn't that the new 26? LOL Trying to maintain my humor here! Anyway, I am focusing on having a stress-free, enjoyable day from here on out.

I had better get a bit of work done...hope everybody has a super day!

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 03-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #1257
Forum Fanatic

*Yes Angela...because I am 54 which is the NEW 34!!!

Old 03-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #1258
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Susanne - How did your class go?

Joanna - Enjoy your vacation or staycation which ever you decide. I am so tired of snow. BTW - have you read the books by James Dashner? Starts with with Maze Runner. I am on book 2 "The Scorch Trials" and I am really enjoying them. A little different of what I normally read butI am enjoying them. Can't get anything else done.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 03-25-2013, 02:03 PM   #1259
Hardware Hotshot

I just finished the first one ... is The Scorch Trials any good? My niece recommended several books during her last visit. They were all sorta post-appocolyptic in nature (No Safety in Numbers, Divergent and The Maze Runner) but they were all VERY good -- I highly recommend them (especially Divergent). And I just read that Divergent is going to be made into a movie and that A Discovery of Witches had the movie rights purchased. I can't WAIT to see those two as movies.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:04 PM   #1260
Hardware Hotshot

Today is Caleb's actual birthday. I'm mopy, missing my mom since she was ALWAYS here on his day. I should probably get a grip and go clean something.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #1261
Glitter Guru

So sorry you are having a rough day Joanna! DON'T go and clean, that won't make you feel any better. Sit and have some tea (or wine), relax, read, craft. Do something for you! Hope Caleb has a good day today.

Angela, sorry work wasn't good over the weekend. Wow, more orders for cupcakes! Ivy's been busy with her business, that's fantastic.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:40 PM   #1262
Die Cut Diva

Joanna I hope you took Kathy's advice and had a nice day. The kids here are on spring break too but with the snow showers they aren't spending anytime outdoors...with one exception...my grandaughter Tricia is on the softball team at school and they have had two games. I didn't go but my daughter said it was like watching a football game. Everyone had blankets and hot chocolate. Hurry up spring!!!

Oh I am reading the newest(I think) Jack Reacher novel...he's a hero!! Can't imagine Tom Cruise playing the part.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:40 PM   #1263
Stazon Splitcoast

Pat, I love Jack Reacher novels, some are better than others but good reads. I can't wait until the third novel that finishes up Discovery of witches. I love that book. I am on book four of the Outlander series.

Angela, so sorry you are having such a hard time at work. Thinking of you and praying for you.

Joanna, I agree with Kathy and Pat about your day! Hope you had a good day, thinking and praying for you. Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

I have to go do my commenting on blogs. I've been gone all day and evening and am way behind on everything so have to go get some of that done and read my mail.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #1264
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclary View Post
Susanne - How did your class go?

Joanna - Enjoy your vacation or staycation which ever you decide. I am so tired of snow. BTW - have you read the books by James Dashner? Starts with with Maze Runner. I am on book 2 "The Scorch Trials" and I am really enjoying them. A little different of what I normally read butI am enjoying them. Can't get anything else done.
Thanks Tracie, copying these titles down to give them a try later.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #1265
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
I just finished the first one ... is The Scorch Trials any good? My niece recommended several books during her last visit. They were all sorta post-appocolyptic in nature (No Safety in Numbers, Divergent and The Maze Runner) but they were all VERY good -- I highly recommend them (especially Divergent). And I just read that Divergent is going to be made into a movie and that A Discovery of Witches had the movie rights purchased. I can't WAIT to see those two as movies.
Copying these down to. I have to always have extra books downloaded so I know there is always something new to read. Thanks for sharing.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #1266
Glitter Guru

Pat, I'm so sorry that your March package will be late. I thought I had ALLL this time...guess the days went by faster than I thought! And then, the package has been finished and packed up for a week now and I kept forgetting to go to the post office. It was sent today, so hopefully it gets there speedy quick!
Old 03-26-2013, 03:54 AM   #1267
Forum Fanatic

Here are the two cards we worked on in my class--I prepped the 'hard stuff' for my ladies since it hogs way too much time to make a rosette and get the doodads out of the doily die (even with waxed paper) for the next run-through in my Grand Calibur...We had fun, we decided that 2 hours is just too short of time. I sent each of them home with my "mitten card kit" and we're meeting again in April! Our next class is going to be 1 card and then they can crop, stamp, zip dies and punch punches! For an easy snack, I served a fruit platter and chips and salsa so we didn't break for lunch!
Attached Thumbnails
doily-flowers-class-card-001.jpg   polka-dot-pocket-class-card-001.jpg   polka-dot-pocket-class-card-003.jpg   polka-dot-pocket-class-card-004.jpg  

Old 03-26-2013, 04:03 AM   #1268
Forum Fanatic

Funny: you all know I am not a fan of the color brown--seriously, I have (like) maybe 6 sheets of various brown CS left over from autumn in my stash--and here I am looking for brown buttons for my polka dot card at midnight the night before class!!! I found 2 sheets that matched the polka dot paper--we punched the button from the Martha Stewart punch to improvise for a brown button!

The thing to remember about my classes is there is really no time to color anything--so all my projects have to be punched or die cuts--Oh, and I tried the paper bow at the top of the Doily card--but it just looked better with the Papertreyinc ribbon!

Next Class--I think I am going to scare the bajeebs out of them and make a napkin fold card!!! hahaha Omgosh these are so much fun--I made 3 of them yesterday--talk about major decorating--it's like the card is the size of a living room! 12x12 folds!

Mr. or Mrs. 'chubby' Robin is seeing its own reflection and flying from the tall branches of our tree out front to up over my front door windows and pecking--Spring is in the air--I have to put some paper up there today--I don't want it to get hurt--Its usually at our back door--I will try and get a photo--chubby lil' creature!

Have a great day everyone!

Old 03-26-2013, 04:09 AM   #1269
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Today is Caleb's actual birthday. I'm mopy, missing my mom since she was ALWAYS here on his day. I should probably get a grip and go clean something.
{{{{QueenieJO}}}} I still miss my mom too. Sometimes if I get into a crunch or a bad day-I'll 'talk to her in my head'...it seems to help! There is no greater connection between a mother and child. I posted this really cool thing on my FB page I nabbed from someone else (totally forgetting the name of it) about being a Mother...very sweet--I'll go see what it's called and see if I can bring the link here...too. Happy Birthday Caleb!

Old 03-26-2013, 04:11 AM   #1270
Forum Fanatic

Angela--getting visions of us crafting 24/7, in jammies, hangin' out together!!! WHAT FUN!

Old 03-26-2013, 04:14 AM   #1271
Forum Fanatic

Polka Dot Double Pocket “Happy Easter” Card

Papers
Brown: Tim Holtz/Ranger Collection
Polka Dot/Rose print: Authentique Grace Poised 2-sided
Green: Bazzill

Tools
Butterfly die Spellbinders
3” EKsuccess Scallop Circle Punch
Green Flourish: EKsuccess Punch
*Pink Flower-Stampin Up Flower Punch (Blossom Punch 125603 $16.95-stamps to match this die Mixed Bunch # C 125537 $21.95)
Brown Button: Martha Stewart Button Punch
Green Leaves: MemoryBox Die
Happy Easter stamp unknown
Pearls-unknown

Flowers with Doily Blue Card

Papers
Blue, green, and cream – Bazzill Cardstock
Floral Print: Echo Park Sisters Floral
Ribbon: Papertrey Ink
Pearls-unknown
Pink Flower--swirly Cuttlebug embossing envy

Tools
Corner Punch-Martha Stewart
*Paper Doily die-Stampin’ Up (Paper Doily Sizzlits L* 125592 $21.95)
Rosettes-Tim Holtz long double daisy die
Flourish-MemoryBox die
Leaves-MemoryBox die

*I am practicing my Stampin’ Up Highlighting products!

Old 03-26-2013, 05:41 AM   #1272
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning friends!

Awww, Joanna, thinking of you and hoping today is a better day. I'm envious, too, that you have such a strong bond with your mother.

Susanne, your cards are amazing! I've got my bag packed for your next class....

How are you doing, Heather and Lynne? Still knee deep in snow?

Tracie, I am with Heather...where did March go? Putting the finishing touches on your package...it should go out today!

They had Iron Man Volleyball at school last night, which was a tournament for the guys. Seems they have showed up to play in "spandex" before and were warned that it had better not happen. For those who may not know what "spandex" refers to (I didn't before Ivy played volleyball)...it's the tiny little spandex shorts the girls wear...key word being tiny...there are swimsuits that cover more. Ewww...I don't care to see a guy in those! Will have to get the details today after school, she had homework last night when she came home.

OO had a webinar last night for designers...I was able to tune in, listen, and see the slides...yay, so glad I was able to get that to work! They would not show us the new pieces coming out, but the hostess had seen it all and said it was great. What is new and AMAZING though, are the hostess benefits...talk about lots of freebies! Presently, it is up to the designers to provide the hostess benefits, not the company. Can't wait for April 16 when the new program starts and they reveal it all!

Hope everybody has a super day!

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 03-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #1273
Die Cut Diva

No problem Heather...hard to believe we are one week away from April. I'm always happy to see spring. Of course this year we have snow on the daffodils.

Susanne your cards are beautiful!!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #1274
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Susanne, your cards are gorgeous!

Pat, love your card I saw in the gallery today with the coffee pot. Gorgeous card.

Need some suggestions for dinner tonight! I have two blah chicken breasts defrosting and need to "flavor them up" for a tasty dinner...any suggestions??!!

Hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday!
Old 03-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #1275
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Dinner is over! I fixed oven fried chicken breasts; I did it differently than I usually do. I coated the chicken in sour cream and then dredged in cornflake crumbs and baked; kinda tasty and the crumbs didn't fall off! (I usually coat chicken in skim milk before dredging; no wonder it has no taste!)

going to try to make a pulley card for a you can do it challenge. We'll see. LOL
Old 03-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #1276
Stazon Splitcoast

Susanne, your cards are beautiful!

Vickie, your chicken sound good. I'll have to try it.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #1277
Die Cut Diva

Thanks Vickie...glad you liked my card. I finally got it uploaded. Thanks for your kind words too Linda!!
Old 03-26-2013, 07:03 PM   #1278
Forum Fanatic

Long day here-we went to Boston to have a meeting with K's Dr...I was off the hook for dinner so it was take out healthy tuna salad chef salads...with a side of mozzi sticks!!! Oppps I wasn't posta tell ya the unhealthy part!!!hahaha Well, a gals gotta have a lil' fun if she ain't cookin'! If I am ever granted a last meal--fried mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce=heaven!

Vickie--Sour Cream is a Lithuanian staple...I will try that the next time I make chix--do you add it to the flour or just straight up-->sour cream and breading/panko?

I am officially a Shark Tank fan...and now, Celebrity Wife Swap--oh my gosh--itsa lil' bit trashy and a lil' bit fun!

Tracie--still finishing your goodies here--I was gone most of today--so back to the drawing board tomorrow! Just think, you'll be pounded with your belated March goodies all at once! Where did March go? I spent the first week on a high wire to get my sister's bday gifts to her on time (or I'd still be hearing about it)...focus, focus,focus on Tracie!

See you all tomorrow-I am pooped!

Imke...how are you?

Old 03-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #1279
Forum Fanatic

Oh I got my SU order today--can you smell the fresh new punches and paper...new stamps...omgosh it was like Christmas--my creative juices are flowing! (TMI?) hahahaha So much fun!

Old 03-26-2013, 11:04 PM   #1280
Gallery Gazer

Susanne- Thanks, iīm fine and my cold is as good as gone. Your cards are very beautiful. I believe you, that is not enough time to color in a class. But even with punched parts can make beautiful cards. We see it in yours.

Yesterday i was able to join the ZUMBA class. Yeah !! Last week I had to cancel because of the cold

Angela- I'm glad that I no longer play volleyball. I do not have the figure for this tight panties

Jo- Hope Caleb had a great birthday and your day was also good !! Except my grandparents I have not lost a family member but I can imagine that it's hard on special days.

Only one more day to work tomorrow and then long Easter weekend. Friday and Monday is a holiday here. That means back to work until Tuesday. YEAH !!
Closed Thread