Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree88Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 11:24 AM   #1201
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
Hey everybody!

I will be placing an O.O. order and am offering 1/2 price shipping for my customers, so it would be $4 per order. (When you order from my online site, I am not able to give the "perk" of a shipping discount.) You will also get a free charm with your order. I will assemble your locket, place it in the fortune cookie and take-out box, then ship it to you. I am planning to place my order tonight.

Tracie, could you post or PM me which free charm you would like for your sister's locket? I will add it to my order.
Fun, I was just busy checking out the site again, so many hard choices, lol. I'm getting an order together. I was wondering, which chain do you have Angela and which did Tracie get? I'm leaning toward the flat oval link, that looks pretty to me. I'm so indecisive it's awful!
Old 03-22-2013, 12:14 PM   #1202
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Linda, here it is: OO

I am wondering if your catalog got lost in transit? I sent one to you ladies so that you would have a paper copy...I know I like to hold one in my hand and look it over...to me that's more fun than looking on a computer screen.
I got mine Angela, it is just that my daughter borrowed it. Thank you for sending this.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #1203
Stazon Splitcoast

Angela, do you want us to place our orders online under you or send to you?

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #1204
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathleen, I have a 2mm Rolo chain...it is small scale. My Mom has the Rolo Custom Chain (E.) it is very large scale. The flat oval chains are somewhere in between...they are lovely. I only have 1 locket put together for myself, and I have been switching chains according to what I have on; I've been using a ball chain too.

Linda, please order through me otherwise I can't give "perks" like shipping discounts and free charms. I am learning more now, so I have figured out how to give friends some extras. Instead of ordering online with a credit card, you can PM or email me the order and mail me a check. (Of course, the online option is always available if that is your preference.) I'm glad the catalog made it to you; would you like extra? I have plenty.

I have been busy creating "theme" lockets for my jewelry bar display. With graduation and Mother's Day coming up, they are both gift giving occasions and the lockets can be personalized for the recipient. There is "rumored" to be a 2013 charm coming out in April...perfect for graduation or baby's birth.

I have come up with "The Laker" which is nautical themed for people who live here...blue/white crystals, anchor, flip flops, turtle, shell, etc. The possibilities are endless...hobby themed, baby themed (for new Moms), pet themed, kid themed (to represent your kids interests...I am making one in honor of Ivy and another for Davis...for me to wear), Am also trying to put together some "Tagged" items, like pairing the "I am" tag with the "Blessed" tag...then will add an accent stone. I am really having fun with this...I like to create things and enjoy putting things together. (It reminds me of when I used to work in a boutique, I loved creating the window displays. We had 2 huge windows with raised flooring behind them and we had clothes, shoes, belts, handbags, jewelry, etc. to create displays with...so fun!)

My email is momto2monkeys@hotmail.com

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 03-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #1205
Stazon Splitcoast

Angela, I have an order ready when you let me know how to send it..nevermind. I am pming you and you can send me the total I owe.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #1206
Glitter Guru

I just sent you a pm Angela. Linda, can't wait to see what you ordered!
Old 03-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #1207
Die Cut Diva

I would like to thank all of you for your wonderful generosity and support. And I sincerely apologize to any that I have hurt or offended. Like I said before, I will definitely finish out the current round. Please know that it is not because of any of you that I am leaving. Rather, I am thoroughly disgusted with myself and refuse to give myself another possibility to behave like a complete imbecile. I have managed to now do it twice, and I don't want there to be a third time.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #1208
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy, I got the big chain! SILVER FLAT OVAL LINK CHAIN 32INCH I also got the med. silver locket, the cross with stones, family tree, pink heart birthstone and something else but do not remember what!!! I hope I like this chain, I liked it cause it was a little different than anything else I have.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #1209
Stazon Splitcoast

Angela, I want the blessed one later. I see several more I want but will have to wait.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #1210
Hardware Hotshot

Lynne: sorry to see you go, but I think you are being too hard on yourself.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #1211
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Joanna, great pictures! I am thinking no less than $85 for the quilt...you need to double the cost of the materials and add your time...actually your time is worth more than $15, so maybe $100.
This is true QueenieJO...I thought you were just asking a general question of what one would spend on a friend vs relative...as in gifts in general...

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 03-22-2013, 04:52 PM   #1212
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeOnline View Post
Susanne, I need your snowplow guy!!

The weather here today has been CRAAZZY! We've had almost 30 cm (11 inches) today alone. There were major accidents (100 cars involved) and many of the commuter freeways and highways were closed due to the poor conditions. I heard it's a minimum 8 hours for a tow truck.

I got off work early and was lucky to catch a ride with a co-worker. Ryan and Claire picked me up half way and we've just been hanging out, staying warm this evening.

Everything is so white and pristine right now..going to be sloppy and wet, wet, wet if the weather changes suddenly.
This sounds like our snowstorm before our last snowstorm--the smartest thing the Mass Governor did was shut down the highways until 4:00 the following day so the trucks could clear--a lot of businesses were closed and schools too...it's so peaceful to sit and watch the snow pile up...oops I mean come down huh? <stay cozy>

Old 03-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #1213
Forum Fanatic

Angela--I took absolutely no offense to your comments--Honstly!--God knows I can hog a whole page yakkin' about nothing--please don't leave and like Heather and QueenieJO say...don't be so hard on yourself--we're all just friends here. This is our medium of escape, share our stories, photos, creativity... maybe I just overwhelmed you with my crazy ideas! Believe me I even get myself confused once I get going! I hope you reconsider.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:38 PM   #1214
Die Cut Diva

Hey everyone. Thank you for the kind comments. Which I really don't deserve. We are all adults here, yet I am the only person here who seems to have difficulty behaving like one. Quite honestly, I am mystified as to why anyone still wants me to stick around. And no, I'm not fishing for compliments. I guess since I'm still welcome here, I will stay as I have really enjoyed getting to know many of you and have had lots of fun in the process. But please, somebody give me a kick in the you-know-what if I push the self-destruct button again! I seem to have a particular knack for being very negative about myself, and it is proving to be a hard habit to break.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:54 PM   #1215
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie1974 View Post
But please, somebody give me a kick in the you-know-what if I push the self-destruct button again!
I will!! Consider yourself warned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie1974 View Post
I seem to have a particular knack for being very negative about myself, and it is proving to be a hard habit to break.
Your moods and feelings come through pretty clear in your post some days. There is more peace in your post tonight. I'm glad that your feeling better today and hope that it continues.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:43 AM   #1216
Stampin' Fool

Lynn, just know we all have days like those, some more than others.

Ang, can you send me a catalog??? Annabelle graduates in June from 8th grade. She wanted to know why her grandma wasn't gonna be here for it, I just told her that it didn't work out into the plans an she was ok with it. She was ok with it, Mom will miss it by a week. At least you won't be at my house with all the kids 24/7 Mom! I know it was hard on you, not being used to it, they won't be out for summer yet. Prob harder on me than you Anyway. Austin's teacher told Nic he really couldn't be missing anymore school if he wanted to move on to to 7th grade, he is smart enough but has missed to much school way too much school, Due to his head aches , so Nic had long talk with him plus he actually skipped a day last week then lied to his parents about it, Nic called his teacher an so hes in some trouble....
Both kids have migraines. Actually all 3 of my kids an so far both of Jens older girls an just Austin of Nics who has had them since the age of 4, they are now testing him for food allergies. I have had migraines since 13,Mom had them an my sister had cluster headaches yea! NOT
Old 03-23-2013, 06:58 AM   #1217
Forum Fanatic

Oopps..I meant to say Angie not Angela up there! Angela--I wanted to tell you I have to sit and look at your catty--and instead I posted to Lynn! See...how crazy I get--2 thought merge into 1 to the wrong person!

Angie/Lynn-Please also know that since I have been on board here and our other image swap--people have come and gone--they take breaks if their life is too hectic and come back...That's the nice thing about this group--if one of us gets too bogged down with something--(work, family, priorities)...it's okay to take a lil' 3 month break...

OKay..so for me its crunch day--one of the things I made for Tracie's goodies I am using for "show and tell" for my class tomorrow--so I can't tell ya what it is! <suspense> And, today is crunch time--I ran to AE yesterday for some sets of pretty papers and now I have to make up some mock-up's! Why do I wait until the last minute? I work like a pressure cooker when it comes to this stuff!

Have a fabulous Saturday everyone!

Old 03-23-2013, 08:39 AM   #1218
Stazon Splitcoast

Denise, If I had known I would have waited. Tell Annabelle I am sorry but I don't think my ticket can be changed. I also forget they all go to school so much longer than here. If you think we can change my ticket, I will do it by one week so we would have a week without 24/7 and a week with. If not you tell her when she graduates high school I will be there, if I am still here! lol!! You know I will be 70 this year.

Hopefully Imke is feeling better. I miss her chatter.
I am missing Patti too. Hope all is well.

Lynn, good decision. As Susanne says, we have some drop out a round and some join back in. There are several out this round, Jessica, Denise, Donelda for sure.

We are going to Steve's for dinner tonight. Grandkids and Greats will be there plus his step Mom. She has been here visiting for a week. People think it is weird that we are friends but she was very good to my Son's when she married their Dad and that is what counts. They had a daughter and she has never shown any difference in their daughter and Scott and Steve. So to me she is a good woman. We never saw a lot of each other until after the boys Dad died. He didn't like me much and the feeling was mutual. In fact the boys didn't like him to much but she was always good to them. Of my four kids, Steve is the one that takes care of us, checks every few days to see if we need anything or if we need help with things. Denise and Scott are to far away or they would and Sherrill has her hands full with kids and Grandkids living with her like Denise does.

They say we MAY get some snow tomorrow morning. We'll see.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-23-2013, 09:14 AM   #1219
Stampin' Fool

Mom don't worry about it. I actually forgot about it when I did your ticket, as far as graduation, too me 8th isn't that big a deal. As far as seeing the kids you will get to see them, Annabelle goes to school here in McKinleyville an comes by here some times daily, Jen is only 2 blocks away. We have the boys on the weekends an we can actually go to sequoia park(full of huge redwood trees) an zoo an have a bbq on a weekend with the boys. Joe will come an of course Chris an Haillie an Atticis so its fine.

Can you tell I would rather not have them all here when you are here???? BAD NANA!!! NOT REALLY, I really don't feel bad they are pretty good just pick at each other like siblings tend to do.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:34 AM   #1220
Hardware Hotshot

Oh Denise, I get that way too. My friend flew in to celebrate my birthday and did I tell any of our other friends that she was here so they could visit with her too? Nope, I wanted to hog her all to myself!! Bad Joanna!!

Yesterday I could see the color of my grass. Today it is covered in snow. We have 5 inches down and there was a prediction of a total of 13 for the entire weekend. Do I believe it? Nahhh, I'll be VERY surprised if we get that much. Ken on the other hand is a believer .... he just ran to the store to get basic staples and gas for the snow-blower. I guess it's good that ONE of us is prepared.

Had a quick note from Jessica during our Words With Friends game. She's interested in coming back next round. Yay!

Angela: did you send a catty my way? I haven't gotten one and I DO want one. I want one but now I'm also thinking about getting one for my niece who graduates this year.

I would love to craft today. Wonder if the boys will leave me alone to do so.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #1221
Glitter Guru

Lynn glad you decided to stay. Pop in and chat more (if you get a chance) I feel like I don't know that much about you, yet and would like to "know" you better. How is your new bird doing. You mentioned training him to the hand (I think that's what it was called), how's it coming?

Linda, you WILL be her in 4 years! 70 is young these days! Thanks for recommending the Silhouette class it is REALLY helpful! Have fun at dinner tonight with your family!

Denise, I'm glad you mentioned the kids picking at each other. I was wondering with all those boys, they always look like they are having fun in the pics. And I feel like my boys are always fighting. Glad it's not only mine. You are a good nana, you help with all of them so much of the time.

Susanne, I'm laughing at your pressure cooker comment. I seem to only function under pressure!

Heather I love all the pictures. I think my fave is the one on the white leather sofa in the pastel outfit, but they are all so cute.

Jo, I want to see a pic of the quilt. I don't think $100 would be over charging. I think if you find your market, it will do great. I know a lot of people who really like to give one of a kind baby gifts. You win the MOTY award for those cake pops and cuppies. Wow, adorable.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #1222
Gabfest Goddess

Hello to all!

Loving all the photos!! (I am quite a picture freak!)

Denise, so happy to see that you are feeling well enough to post here! Glad to see you back! I cannot believe how big all the grandkids are getting! I remember seeing a photo you posted of Gabe last year at his concert...now he's 11 and so grown!! And of course the babies change so much! Annamaria is already losing her baby look and becoming a big girl toddler! And Jasper and Atticus are huge and adorable! Can't believe Atticus is coming up on his first birthday! time just goes by too fast!

Heather, I can see why you are having such a hard time choosing from Claire's first year photos! They are all wonderful! Just gonna throw my two cents worth in...my fave is the white leather furniture with the pink walls and Claire in that adorable multicolored ruffled outfit! So spring-y!!

And Pat, what a great kit from Vickie! Don't you just love her handmade flowers??
Old 03-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #1223
Gabfest Goddess

Jo, $60 for a handmade baby quilt is, in my humble opinion, a tad low. I would gladly pay $100 for a handmade baby quilt as Angela suggested. Heck, I ordered one of those quilts from old tee-shirts and paid nearly $200 for it! Your time and expertise are worth it, and people like me, who can't sew anything more than a button, are willing to pay for your talent! (BTW, I like the idea of the quilts from old tee shirts that have meaning to me, and likely will be wanting another. Will you be willing to do that when the time comes? I'd have you make the $$ off me, than a stranger! It's not something I will do anytime soon, but in the future)

Angela, I did email you (today) an Origami Owl order. I hope I am not too late sending it for the order you are ( or were?) about to place.

I can certainly sympathize with both Angela and Susanne as you deal with daughters...especially when mom/daughters are very close. As our Sus said, "you always seem to hurt the one you love" and I think because we are so close with our DDs, any disagreement seems to strike our hearts just a bit harder. It really does get better as they get older and they understand better just where you are coming from.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:27 AM   #1224
Gabfest Goddess

Imke, sorry to hear you were down with the flu, but happy to hear you are getting back to your normal! I always LOVE your chatter here...you are one of the "regulars" to check in here, and you are missed when you are not able to be here!

Lena, so happy to see you on here, too, especially with all of your health issues. You always bring a spark of light and joy, no matter what you might be facing, and I so admire your ability to do so!! Hoping the port insertion (you know that it is so much better to have the port instead of getting stuck over and over) and the chemo go well for you. Your friends are here for you with love and support; and I will be keeping you in my prayers!

Tracie, I so agree with you about Susanne's creative ideas!! When I even think about what must go on in that brain of hers, I get exhausted!! That gal must have unlimited energy! (What's your secret, Susanne...is it the Dunkie's coffee?)
Old 03-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #1225
Hardware Hotshot

Patti: We do make t-shirt quilts. We had a customer request one (and I will admit to not being enthusiastic about it since it wasn't "the pretty" that I like doing) but I have to say, it was stunning when it was finished. She was a rower in Hawaii and we used an old Hawaiian shirt to do the binding. She liked it so much that we are now making one for her husband's old Harley shirts. I'll post pictures of both quilts (well, the Harley shirts are still in pieces right now but I'll post that one when we finish it. We're thinking about using flame fabric for the binding -- too over the top?!!!)
Old 03-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #1226
Gabfest Goddess

Kathy, I agree with you...of COURSE our Linda will be around to see Annabelle graduate high school! 70 certainly is YOUNG!! And Linda, you are a YOUNG 69!! Look how active and involved you are in so many things! All those kids, and grands, and great-grands keep you on your toes!

Wondering how Kathy is liking her Silhouette, and Linda, how's the Cameo going? I am really trying to simplify my crafting life, but am curious about the newest die cutting machines. What do you like best about your new machines? What can you do with your particular model that you couldn't do with the old one? What you do not like about them? Inquiring minds want to know.

Vickie, how did the furniture shopping go today? Did you find something you liked as well as your first choice? (the one DH didn't like?) Isn't new furniture just a wonderful thing? I just LOVE my (um, well, TOM's) La-Z-Boy chair! BTW, sent you a pm about CKC Fort Wayne.

Linda, you are correct, I have been busy at work. Seems the rest of my free time has been trying to coordinate things in the family with my mom's declining health. My sis and I are meeting with an elder care lawyer later in the week, to get my mom set up with Medicaid, as her and dad have no money (long story that I won't tell, as it just gets my blood pressure up). We are also trying to set up some home care for her a few hours a day when my sis or I can't be there, but again, money is an issue. All of this has been especially stressful for me, since I'm the oldest of 3, and my brother and sister look to me with concerns about the parents. There's a whole lot more that I won't bore you all with, and I really can't complain, as I am truly blessed! I don't have the health problems like Lena and Denise are coping with, and as Heather said a few days ago, we ALL have our challenges and trials to bear, so I won't go on about this any more. But I will ask you, my friends, if you are the praying sort, to say an extra prayer for me now and again. I am a pray-er, and keep you all, my friends, in my thoughts and prayers, even when I am not around here much.

I actually have ALL day free today! Working on mounds of laundry, getting caught up with paper work, and hoping to break into those lovely kits I received from Linda, Imke and Lena last month!

Hoping you all have a great Saturday!
Old 03-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #1227
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Hello everyone! Hope you are all having a super Saturday.

It's been a lazy ole day for me so far; I made one flower to use on a card, but haven't a clue how I want to make the card! Just can't seem to get with it!

Cute pics Denise! I wish all my grandkids lived close-by. I'll be going to Texas the end of June; my DD is graduating from DeVry with her bachelor's degree, so I'll be there for her graduation.

Patti, so glad to hear from you! oooooh, I just sent you a PM!!

I've just been lurking and reading posts, but just haven't taken time to post comments. I LOVE being here with all of you! Glad to hear that Jessica and Denise may return for next round. Lynne, glad to hear that you are going to continue on also.

Going to make myself create the card I planned to do; just gotta get out of this slump.

Wishing everyone a wonderful afternoon and evening!
Old 03-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #1228
Die Cut Diva

Hey everyone! Thank you for yet more kind comments. It's wonderful that this is such a caring and compassionate group. I hope everyone enjoys their weekend.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #1229

Patti, you are most definitely in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #1230
Gallery Gazer

Lynne- Good decision to stay. And whenever you need a break, take it- no problem

Patti- Enjoy your free day and I hope things go well with your parents. If you work, it is not easy to take care of them. I think you've found a good solution. You are in my thoughts.

Lena- How are you feeling after chemo ?

Angela- Your business begins well I am so excited to see a finished bracelet or chain.

Joanna- The t-shirts quilts sounds interesting. Great idea to recycle them. Wonderful news about Jessica. I recently asked myself if she's doing well.

Linda- What are you talking about ? You will be here the next years !! All your children, grandchildren and great grandchildren keep you young !

Susanne- Have fun with your class tomorrow !
Old 03-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #1231
Hardware Hotshot

All this talk about cutting machines has made me interested. I have an old cricut but after seeing the amazing stuff that Linda can do, I think I REALLY want a cameo.

Good heavens I'm cold today. It's 1 above today. Kinda crazy how a few days of warmer weather can turn you into a cold wimp! What I really want to do is climb back into bed.

Vickie, did you move away from your kids or did they move away from you? I followed Ken to Colorado from California. I never regretting moving (OK, maybe a little today because I'm so cold) but I did miss the easy access to the family.

I won't let the kids play outside today (our rule is that it has to be above 20 to be outside) and they are making me rethink this rule with their fighting. Right now the oldest is screaming, "drop it ... drop it, and step away from MY legos" I thought he was talking to the dog when I first heard him. I'm about ready to bundle them up and toss them outside if I weren't worried about losing finger, toes and noses.

Patti: I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I think about you often sweetie.

Off to get some tea and watch the last Twilight movie. Ken is the biggest Twi-hard ... isn't that funny?!!
Old 03-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #1232
Die Cut Diva

Patti-My thoughts are with you.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:19 PM   #1233
Forum Fanatic

Okay..hope I am caught up here! Patti--so good to hear from your end--count me in for a "Decade"! Sweet memory: Catholic family thing: Imagine now, 6 kids and my mom in a station wagon driving to any where long enough to say a decade of rosary=1 Our Father, 10 Hail Mary's...and mom did the finishing prayer part... QueenieJO...you think 2 boy's are loud...3 boy's and 3 girls 1 station wagon...when things got out of hand...Mom would say;

Okay, enough--Let's say a decade! (boo's from the back seats)..Our Father...(louder) OUR FATHER!...worked every time--one of us was in charge of counting the Hail Mary's on our fingers

I just got a text that there will be (3) ladies at my class tomorrow--long lost Carolyn has decided to come afterall! Good thing I bought "4's in DP and CS" at AE yesterday!...Now we can be all matchy- matchy with our projects!

I also made semi- skelton tri-shutter cards for them to take and decorate--I will give them the plain white version so they can try it at home on their own too. I am writing myself a note right now to take a photo!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{to this whole room /swap of terrific women}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Old 03-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #1234
Die Cut Diva

Hi Everyone!!! I know you can guess where I've been today!! I went to a 9-9 crop at a LSS and had a great time as usual. I made three cards and got the image colored for the Mystery Card across the hall. Hope to put it together tomorrow. My craft room is a disaster...guess I better work on that tomorrow too.

Imke glad you're better, and Patti so nice to hear from you. I know your time is not your own right now but so nice to hear from you.

Susie Q good luck with your class tomorrow!!

We were supposed to have a cool cloudy day today but it was beautiful...hoping they are wrong about the snow we are supposed to get tommorrow too!!
Old 03-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #1235

Pat, so far the forecast hasn't changed for tomorrow; still lots of snow throughout the whole state. First big March snow in 11 years!!

Joanna, our kids moved away; we stayed put!

Susanne, have fun at your class tomorrow.

Getting ready to say nighty-night!
Old 03-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #1236
Stazon Splitcoast

Patti, you, your family and your Mother are in our prayers. We will have you in our thoughts and prayer daily.

I am sure you ladies could do much more with the cameo than me. Some cuts turn out beautiful and some tear. I have a lot to learn still, even though I've been using it for two months. It is a very complicated machine to me that is, but it is fun and does a lot. I have used a really pretty cut on my Mystery card and another card I made today. I'll post the mystery one on my blog tomorrow and in our forum.

They are saying we will get 1-3 in. snow tomorrow. We'll see.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #1237
Hardware Hotshot

We got 7 inches here today and half the state (every highway west of Denver closed down). We're supposed to get another 3 tomorrow. Batten down the hatches Pat, and Linda cuz here it comes!
Old 03-23-2013, 09:32 PM   #1238
Glitter Guru

I know that pictures do not do it justice, but this is our front yard today after the big snow last week.
Attached Thumbnails
img_2926.jpg  
Old 03-24-2013, 01:02 AM   #1239
Die Cut Diva

Gee, that kind of looks like my yard. The snow part, anyway. Let it end! I want spring already!
Old 03-24-2013, 01:37 AM   #1240
Stampin' Fool

Default Thankful for wonderful friends

We have only had snow here twice since we moved here in 1989 an that was the first two years at that.The first time was the 1st time in 50 years, a real record breaker. It sure was something to see, the snow on the beawith the waves coming up to wash it off, it made the front page of the news paper. Our temperature doesn't fluctuate that much here on the northern western coast, so that was news. We get a lot of fog an drizzle for the redwood forests.

I was thinking about everyone that's either sick or been sick an how much praying I have been doing for Lena, an the other ladies an I just wanted to take a few minutes to say a few words. I don't normally get on her an talk too much about myself, first off I'm sorta like my mom, kinda private an so I PM people. I sat this time out for personal reasons, but I have been reading an keeping up with all of you!

I am feeling SO MUCH BETTER, you can't keep me quiet. I have a few things I would like to say an I am sorry if I affend anyone that is not my intent.

When I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis I basically ignored it. Im not saying I didn't treat it because I did, I started my interferon injection an did what I was supposed to do medication wise, except cut back on work i con't to work 60 + hour a week plus was on call most of that time, even on vacation I carried a comp cell. So, when in 2008 I lost my eyesight in my right eye permanent an my doctors told me I was retiring from nursing at the age of. 42, I was feeling pretty sorry for myself. I don't even think sorry is the right word!
My Mom starts writing SCS and explaining and low an behold I started receiving all sorts of card making supplys, everything I would need. Even people from this very group, that what got me started
I guess what I'm saying is that this is a great group of ladies an even when I don't talk to them everyday or even every week I know you are all still here for me!
I include everyone of you ladies an your families in my prayers each night an if warranted I ask my friend who is s minister to pray for you!!!

Sus, I want you to know that this last couple of months you have really kept my spirts up.

We have some great ladies in SCS
Closed Thread