Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree88Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 01:21 AM   #81
Glitter Guru

I had to laugh about the BOW die story. They are lovely especially the small ones. But I stay steadfast

Tracie- Lot of fun while shopping and I'd love to see the face of the seller when you buy more of them

Linda- Thanks. Yes, my headaches is gone. I think it is the weather. Two days ago it was minus 5 degrees and yesterday it was plus 8. I have also bad neck and shoulder tension. Maybe it comes from also. I need massage again.... I also asked about your Copic smash book. Great idea - i have to thought about it. My DH has also diabetics. It eats everything, but in moderation.
Thanks for your tipp about Google Chrome. I have to ask my DH if it will work on our computer. It's really annoying that I can not use "Blogger".

Susanne- About gift cards. Im not in your group but basically it would be ok for me. But it is very difficult, as many companies do not deliver to Germany and often at a high price. I mostly buy online because i dont have crafting stores here.
So far I was pleased with everything I got. And is something twice, I give it to others. Someone else may not have and is happy about it. I also like to get used stuff. Often we use things once and they are like new. So why not ?

Lena- The peanut brittle sounds delicious.

Today is baking day for me. I want to bake for my birthday tomorrow 3 cakes. I will begin soon. A lemon cake, a mouse au chocolate cake and a mango-papaya cake.
All recipes are new, I hope it all works.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-30-2012, 04:16 AM   #82
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Imke - WOW - 3 birthday cakes. They all sound quite yummy.

To continue on the bow dies, I know that Linda and Pat went ahead and found them at Ellen Hutson since my LSS was out of them. So sorry girls. I called them immediately and they were out. But in looking for them I found someone else that carries them. Lil Inker Designs which can be found here . I have not ordered from them but they seem to be quite reasonable. Might put in an order just to see how they do.

We are all so funny about enabling each other. Someone just has to mention it here and then we all have to have it. Love it. So glad everyone shares.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 12-30-2012, 04:38 AM   #83
Gabfest Goddess

I am also laughing about the bow die craze started by our Susanne!! I'd like to have one! Gonna check out the tutorial, too.

I'm not in your group this time either, Sus, but I LOVE gift cards/certificates!! Even though I have lots of stores in my area, I do tons of online shopping, especially for crafting items. It's just so convenient to be able to compare prices and check out things that the stores might not be carrying. Plus, it's so much fun to get those packages in the mail.

Imke, with all the baking you will be doing today, your house will smell wonderful!! Do you have anything special planned for your birthday tomorrow? Are you off work tomorrow? Wishing you a fantastic day!
So glad YOU were born!!

Just an FYI on heating pads for diabetics...they've got to be very careful using a heating pad, because often the diabetes affects the sensory nerves, especially in the extremities, so they could get burned and not realize it. I'm sure Jo knows that...

I'm with most of you on not caring much for winter weather. This latest storm gave us a foot of snow . Daniel slept over here last night and Tom took him outside to play in the snow (after they plowed out the drive!). They had a blast, while I watched from the coziness of the LaZ-Boy in the living room . I much prefer warm, sunny weather! Looking forward to our February trip to Phoenix when the new granddaughter will be born!

Speaking of the grandson, looks like someone is up and it's breakfast time. Happy Sunday to all!
Old 12-30-2012, 07:33 AM   #84
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Haven't read back on the posts, BUT see some chatter about paper bow dies...LOVE the MFT bow die; got mine from Simon Says!!

Here's a link in my gallery to a bow from a tutorial I found online before I got the MFT die; DIY Napkin Ring vky by Vickie Y - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. I think I need to go to the grocery store today. May make a side trip to Joanns and Michaels!
Old 12-30-2012, 07:42 AM   #85

Room question from Susanne about gift certificates: I also do a lot of online shopping. My DD sent me a Visa gift card that can be used anywhere that accepts VISA. I haven't had any problem using it online or at any store I go into to!
Old 12-30-2012, 08:52 AM   #86

Here's a picture I captured on Friday while looking out my kitchen windows! I think it's a chicken hawk! It flew up from behind our deck and landed on a tree limb giving me the perfect view to take a picture. The wing span of it flying caught my eye and it just rested on the limb for quite awhile.
Attached Thumbnails
img_5417-570x640-.jpg   img_5407-640x612-.jpg  
Old 12-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #87
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Here's a picture I captured on Friday while looking out my kitchen windows! I think it's a chicken hawk! It flew up from behind our deck and landed on a tree limb giving me the perfect view to take a picture. The wing span of it flying caught my eye and it just rested on the limb for quite awhile.
Vickie--just beautiful huh? I get them in my "burning bush" by the dining room table window (right above the dryer vent that goes out of our basement)...A bunch of them gather there all year round--they love my laundry days! I also think the dyer keeps the bush warm--afterwards---we have opened the window to get a clear shot--standing from across the room...amazing! Now if I was a real earth hostess--I'd set up a lil' bird feeder and they'd be all set--of course I'd have to scrap things off come summer--but what the heck--the bush would fill in and no one would see it right? Thanks for sharing!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 12-30-2012, 09:45 AM   #88
Watercolor Wizard

Imke--another idea I had with the "gift certificates /gift cards"...is that you (being from another country) can have them sent email or received them via email too--But I understand-it's fun getting stuff and I think we have all been blessed with such wonderful generous friends on here--we all get good bootie/loot!

I just thought to add this twist into the swap would allow another creative source to finish up a card kit...then the receiver of the gift card/certificate could show off what they bought to the room!

Patti--Omgosh--February is right around the corner--Patrick is my Feb baby 2/25/95 he was due on March 9th -the lil' critter was all cooked and ready to play hide and seek early at 9.9lbs!!! Imagine if he held out longer-he could have beat Shane's top birth rate of 10.4lbs!!! Lil' chubs! I remember Tom holding both boy's up to the camera--showing off the back of their heads/necks/shoulders--they had necks & shoulders like football linebackers!!! Gosh, how time flies!

Old 12-30-2012, 09:49 AM   #89
Watercolor Wizard

Okay, since I woke up at 11 yesterday--I got up at 8am this morning...laundry piles are slowly making their way folded and in laundry baskets upstairs...I put my Pork Spare Ribs in the Crocky around 10ish...made broccoli pie, shortbread with semi-sweet chocolate for dessert and it is cooling in the fridge...and the baked potatoes are all wrapped in foil awaiting their hot oven destination in a couple of hours! BINGO! Dinner at 6ish!

Old 12-30-2012, 09:54 AM   #90
Watercolor Wizard

Does anyone want my super easy Short Bread recipe--?

I was baking on Christmas eve and botched a recipe (need glasses or magnifying glass in kitchen)...so I tried to recover this mess--to no avail.

I went on line to see if there was a quick easy recipe--however, only came across these huge proportions of short bread (for people that make it in advance, freeze it take it out when baking) they were bland and I didn't want that much dough hangin' around.

So I took a basic light cookie dough recipe and skipped all the added flavor ingredients and came up with a nice, light, tasty short bread recipe!!! It's been tested-it was fabulous with semi-sweet chips melted with sprinkled peppermint candy cane on top! I made one today with just the chocolate (since Patrick said peanuts ruin everything-liarpants..he eats Snickers!) Anyway..be glad to share with you all!

Old 12-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #91
SCS BRAK Coordinator

I would love the recipe Susanne although I did get on the scales this morning. (Don't ask me why) I think I have been indulging in the holiday treats a bit too much. Diet starts after the first of the year. Ugh!

Meljen's Designs
Old 12-30-2012, 10:32 AM   #92
Stazon Splitcoast

Susanne, I do want the recipe. Sounds yummy as I love shortbread.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 12-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #93
Stazon Splitcoast

Vickie, loved the photo of the chicken hawk. I miss all the birds we had when we lived in the country. We still have birds but not the variety we had outside of town.

Loved shopping at Ellen Hutson's store. I used to shop there all the time, especially for Lockhart stamps which I love. Tracie's price was much better but thought getting it from Ellen was the thing to do because when I want something I seem to want it NOW! I know that is not a good way to shop, love sales but she had some other dies I had been wanting so I ended up buying 4. I may end up giving one away. Tracie I appreciate you offering and being so willing to help us. I don't know why the bow hit me as such a GOTTA have right now thing, but they did and now I am wondering if I will love it as much as I think I will. I do love beautiful ribbon but loved the cards and items I've seen in galleries using the paper bow.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #94

Meatloaf in the oven for dinner this evening. Meatloaf and sweet potatoes and fresh fruit as a side.

Linda, I also LOVE shopping at Ellen Hutson.

Actually, I LOVE shopping anywhere I'm enabled to do so! LOL
Old 12-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #95
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
(snort) Me too Vickie!

Regarding the room question: I like both. I think it's fun to put together kits with the stamps included but if everyone likes gift certificates, I will go that way too.

I just bought some digis from Cuddly Buddy. I never had heard of the site but I saw them on a card posted to SSW. As soon as I saw the underwear, I knew that I had to have the digi: here's her card

Last edited by Queenbee Jo; 12-30-2012 at 04:32 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 12-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #96
Watercolor Wizard

QueenieJO...I think of it as an option--if the stamp can't arrive in time for the kit--or otherwise-- Just another fun way to say "HAPPY KIT MONTH!"

Old 12-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #97
Watercolor Wizard

Wink

Quote:
Meatloaf in the oven for dinner this evening. Meatloaf and sweet potatoes and fresh fruit as a side.

Linda, I also LOVE shopping at Ellen Hutson.

Everything for meatloaf is in the fridge planned for tomorrow night here Vickie! Except my kinfold demand whipped potatoes and corn with it! I do love a sweet potatoe--could eat this alone and be a happy cat!

Oh yeah, I remember fruit!!!

Old 12-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #98
Hardware Hotshot

What is the difference between whipped potatoes and mashed potatoes?
Old 12-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #99

Meatloaf was yummy...I use Paula Deen's basic meatloaf recipe; it's the only meatloaf I've made that doesn't fall apart!

Joanna...love the cuddly buddly site; when you ordered, did the site automatically convert to US dollars (or give you the option to do that on checkout?) Those digis are super-cute!
Old 12-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #100
Hardware Hotshot

Ummm, I think the site did ... I pay through PayPal so it does it for me. I ended up buying 4 and they were a little more expensive than some local digi shops but not excessively so. I paid around what Mo Manning digis cost.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:12 PM   #101
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post

I think they are the same thing?!
Old 12-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #102
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Even before I type this, I feel that the answer is going to sound stupid.

I think they are basically the same, but whipped potatoes are made with an beater, while mashed potatoes would be made with a masher.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #103
Hardware Hotshot

Listening to Claire fall asleep is strange sometimes.

She doesn't always fall asleep right away and I don't know what she does...whether she stands and then falls, or rolls into the sides of the crib. But I can hear the "THUMP", "THUMP" occasionally and sometimes she lets out a brief cry after a thump. But then, it's DEAD silent....did she knock herself out?!?!? What happened?

She is SOOO tired tonight and she fought nap time so much this afternoon. She usually naps at 11 for 2 hours, maybe 3. She didn't get down till 1 today and only slept for 40 minutes. We tried on and off for awhile and finally won the battle again at 4. She slept until shortly after 6, which was good.

Tonight, I was expecting a fight, but about five minutes after I put her down...thump, cry, silence.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:04 AM   #104
Watercolor Wizard

Happy Birthday IMKE!!!

Old 12-31-2012, 07:16 AM   #105

Oh the joys of putting little ones to bed! I had a thumper too! She would kick the sides of her crib, which no doubt hurt! Just like Claire, thump thump thump, cry, silence! LOL

Not much going on here today. We will ring in the New Year here at home, just another day/night to us! Dinner and a netfix movie! LOL

Wishing everyone a wonderful New Year's Eve!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:18 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
Happy Birthday IMKE!!!
OMGosh! Thanks for the reminder, Susanne.

Happy Birthday, Imke!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:24 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeOnline View Post
Even before I type this, I feel that the answer is going to sound stupid.

I think they are basically the same, but whipped potatoes are made with an beater, while mashed potatoes would be made with a masher.
That's what I'm thinking too! I'm from the whipped potato generation; my grandmother used her potato masher; sometimes my mom would use the masher to "push" the potatoes through the holes in a ricer before making them into mashed! I don't know why she called it a ricer...it was a pan with holes in it (also used it on top of another pan to steam veggies, etc).

This is a headache day; need to take some meds 'cause it's not going away on its own.

Have a great day (I know, I keep saying it 'cause I mean it!)
Old 12-31-2012, 08:01 AM   #108
Glitter Guru

Happy Birthday Imke!
Old 12-31-2012, 08:41 AM   #109
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Birthday Imke!

Imke so sorry I didn't get a card off to you! You are always so nice about sending them to me. Please forgive me this time?!
Old 12-31-2012, 11:03 AM   #110
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Birthday Imke!!!

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-31-2012, 11:07 AM   #111
Glitter Guru

Thanks for all your birthday wishes !!!

Lena- Of course you are excused and the others also You have all thought of me and that's the main thing.

Patti- My parents, grandparents, aunt and uncle, brother and sister in law with 2 nephews and my friend came over for coffee and cake. Therefore 3 cakes
The mango papaya cake was delicious. With quark and mascarpone. Everything else too, but that was my favorite. I have left a piece for tomorrow

Vickie- I hope your headache is better now ?!

We were at a Chinese restaurant for dinner and have just returned home. We will ring in the New Year also at home. At midnight we go out and look at the fireworks.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:08 AM   #112
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree with everyone about the mashed and whipped potatoes, exact same thing, just a different way of fixing them.

I've been to the one day surgery center with one of my Granddaughters who had some tests run and ask me to take her. Her Dad ended up coming to meet me so she had both of us there. She is going to have to make some changes in her diet and eat a lot less red meat. I've been there since 9:00 AM so now off to the grocery store for a few items and then back to fix something to eat. I missed breakfast and lunch.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-31-2012, 11:23 AM   #113
Hardware Hotshot

Hmmm, I do both when I prepare potatoes. I guess mine are ma-whipped potatoes. (now I'm just getting silly!)

Happy birthday Imke. I mailed your card today. Pretty sure it won't be on time! Sorry.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:29 AM   #114
Stazon Splitcoast

Vickie, hope your headache is better.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-31-2012, 11:58 AM   #115
Watercolor Wizard

I start by mashing them with the masher thing--then I fire up the hand mixer and whip away...so QueenieJO...guess we're in the same kitchen "MAS-Whipped"..sounds french!

Old 12-31-2012, 12:05 PM   #116
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeOnline View Post
Listening to Claire fall asleep is strange sometimes.

She doesn't always fall asleep right away and I don't know what she does...whether she stands and then falls, or rolls into the sides of the crib. But I can hear the "THUMP", "THUMP" occasionally and sometimes she lets out a brief cry after a thump. But then, it's DEAD silent....did she knock herself out?!?!? What happened?

She is SOOO tired tonight and she fought nap time so much this afternoon. She usually naps at 11 for 2 hours, maybe 3. She didn't get down till 1 today and only slept for 40 minutes. We tried on and off for awhile and finally won the battle again at 4. She slept until shortly after 6, which was good.

Tonight, I was expecting a fight, but about five minutes after I put her down...thump, cry, silence.
Because all three of mine were close in age (baby, toddler and older toddler) they all shared a room--until we moved K/oldest into the downstairs bedroom (off the kitchen)--I'd play soft music, get the baby down first in their bedroom with this oversize cozy rocker chair--(we put a million miles on that chair) Then, start with the other two downstairs--both Tom and I would take one each and read, rock, listen to music...so by the time we got them to their beds they were like wet blankets! But nighttime was busy--imediately after dinner it was bath time...let them have their last hurrah playin' with dad--then milk...light snack and then the bed proceedings followed! Thankfully, they were always rather accepting of having to be quiet...I was always amazed by this..really..think about 3 kids in one room!

Old 12-31-2012, 01:42 PM   #117
Gabfest Goddess

Happy Birthday Imke!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 04:57 PM   #118
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Happy Birthday Imke! How were all the cakes? Did you have a favorite? I hope your day was everything and more.

Meljen's Designs
Old 12-31-2012, 05:35 PM   #119
Die Cut Diva

Happy Birthday Imke and Happy New Year Everyone!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 08:21 PM   #120
Die Cut Diva

I hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year!
Closed Thread