Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree88Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 04:43 AM   #1081
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Here's a picture of the 12 baskets I took to the crop yesterday. Can't see them very well 'cause they are in the box, but each one is a different color.

Those are so cute!! I'm sure your friends loved them.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-17-2013, 05:53 AM   #1082
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Denise - Those babies are just adorable. Good to see you on the threads. Miss you here.

Linda - Sounds like you had some busy days with the grandkids. How fun.

Susanne - I know that there will be other booths for you to work at. The one here in KC is always asking for volunteers. I don't do it because I like to take classes and shop.

Have to finish an Easter card today for a challenge. Can't believe March is almost over.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Meljen's Designs
Old 03-17-2013, 08:05 AM   #1083
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclary View Post
Denise - Those babies are just adorable. Good to see you on the threads. Miss you here.

Susanne - I know that there will be other booths for you to work at. The one here in KC is always asking for volunteers. I don't do it because I like to take classes and shop.

Have to finish an Easter card today for a challenge. Can't believe March is almost over.
I had a sweet set up for the last couple of years with Accent Scraps--paid by the hour, discount at their booth, free admittance (both days) and was able to shop! I'll ck into it--either way I will go to it and be HAPPY! Cuz, who's not happy at a Scrap event?

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 03-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #1084
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
Angela..excuuuuuuse me.."paper problem"..what the heck is that? If I don't go find new paper at least once a week or two weeks---I go through withdrawal! I just went through my 'stacks' of small, medium and large and all the good sheets are gone! Of course I save them just in case I think of a project---but I figure, a quick run to AE for some paper inspiration--that gets my head spinning into another project! I call it 'cheap therapy'! Like Joann's BORING paper...Michaels ...boring and usually ripped of bent paper ...Acmoore at least buys something out of the box--but that store is in love with stupid stickers in 3 aisles--really, like I only buy Jolee stickers for a 'cute reason'...who uses all those stickers? Listen to me rant! My point is..new store--first thing I do is ck out the loose paper then the pads...start from there!l Oh...and Martha's aisle too! I am always amazed how long it takes to get product from CHA to the stores--still waiting to see those new MS punches--they are only online so far!

Patrick is my tough guy--we actually scolded him for not taking care of his foot--I'll remind him today--elevate it NOW when he walks in from school.

Have a great Friday everyone! To those of you who are celebrating St. Patty's Day--have fun!
I know what you mean about how long it takes CHA releases to get to the stores! I almost ordered the new MS punch system from Amazon this morning, but didn't do it! I want to use a coupon to get it, so will wait and MAYBE Michael's will get a shipment of them?!! Paper...I LOVE paper! LOL
Old 03-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #1085

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclary View Post

I'm like Tracie when it comes to not working in a booth...I like to shop and take classes instead!!

Lena, so glad you are doing some solid foods now.

Denise, please stop in and chat anytime! Love those pictures, but also love to hear from you, too. Hope you are feeling better.

I'm thinking of going to Tuesday Morning today (if they are open). I've only been there once (it's a 45 minute drive), I did find some very, very nice/good quality 12x12 designer paper packs for a very good price!

I think I'm crafted-out for today!! After crafting all day with friends on Thursday, and then doing the 2 day craft day at my friend's church, I want a day away from the craft table!

Hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday!
Old 03-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #1086
Forum Fanatic

FYI..and I hate to enable you all...But Joann's is getting rid of their DCWV stacks! They are all marked down to $9.99 (12x12)...I think they are either changing the displays because all the stacks would fall down and get bent/ripped and unsalable or changing the vendor...The clerk told me this today--clearing them all out! These are fairly new DP's stacks too! I bought the birthday and colored card stock today--HUGE mailing project I am working on...need a PUNCH of color!

Vickie/Tracie---working the event is a cake walk--you do demo's and help people do make-n-takes and get paid plus deep discounts! But you are right--to shop and take classes is probably better!

Can you believe this...Monday night into Tuesday morning--6-12" of snow due here!!! Even Shane swiped a winter jacket while heading out the door this time! Spring break is done for him!

Old 03-17-2013, 07:11 PM   #1087
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all!

Susanne, we are due for snow/high winds...will see what happens....

Would love to attend a stamp show, but they don't have them here.

Denise, wonderful pictures of the babies...they are growing so fast!

Need to vent a bit.... I am having issues with my mother.... The kids and I were out for lunch with her earlier this week and Ivy said something about Davis' weight. She knows better, but likes to tease her brother anyway; Davis is a BIG boy...very sturdy and a bit chubby...his Dr. says not to worry about it because he will grow out of it. Anyway, my Mom snickered about the comment. Davis got tears in his eyes and excused himself to the restroom. It is bad enough that I have to reprimand Ivy (who knows this behavior will not be tolerated), but do I really need to have the talk with my mother who is almost 70 years old? She'll call someone a "Large Marge" and is very weight obsessed; it is bad enough that she says these things about strangers, but to make fun of her own grandson.... I find her behavior appalling! Davis has told me in the past that "Grandma doesn't like me" and after this he said "Grandma hates me". I am so angry with her. Yesterday I told her that the incident was not cool and that Davis thinks she hates him. She really didn't have much to say! Now, if you had hurt someone's feelings and you knew about it, wouldn't you try to make it right? I hated having to have this talk with her, out of respect for my elders, but I could not let this slide and knew I had to go to bat for Davis. This is really bugging me....

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 03-17-2013, 09:21 PM   #1088
Stazon Splitcoast

Angela, it would bug me to. I would not like that kind of talk (unkind words) about or around my kids when they were kids and I wouldn't my Grandkids now either. I have Granddaughters that are overweight and would never say a word to them, after all they know just like I know I am very overweight. I am sure they hate it as much as I do. All boys and girls that tend to be chunky at his age usually slim up after they go through puberty or start Jr. High and some sports activities. I know Raven did just recently, shot up to 5' 8" and is 13 yr. , built really nice. I can't understand deliberately hurting anyone at anytime. I'm sorry for you having to go through this and especially Davis having to go through it. Thinking of you both

Vickie I love your darling baskets. You did a great job on them.

I'll catch up tomorrow.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 03-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #1089
Glitter Guru

Awwww, my heart breaks for Davis! That's is so not needed.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:05 PM   #1090
Die Cut Diva

I feel for you. But beyond that, I'll say no more as I don't want to insult your mother, whom I'm sure has some redeeming qualities.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:33 AM   #1091
Hardware Hotshot

Oh Ang ... your heart must be breaking for Davis. My MIL is the same way about weight. She will actually say things to people in the grocery store about what they put in their cart (like she is some sort of ordained food police) I don't have any advice for you because I can't handle MY OWN mean relative. I just give TJ (because he is the chubby one of my family) lots of hugs and kisses.

Lynn: I giggled over your comment that "she must have SOME redeeming qualities" because when it comes to my MIL, no ... not so much in the redeeming areas!

I spent the weekend planning and executing Caleb's 10th birthday. We did a glow in the dark theme with Glow in the Dark Golf, cupcakes, and balloons. I'm really pooped. I made 30 cupcakes, 20 cake pops and 18 gift bags. Caleb had a good time. I can't believe that I have a double digit kiddo now. I'll try to post pictures of the cuppies. They turned out cute.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #1092
Forum Fanatic

Angela--I say just hug Davis...tell him that her words mean nothing (on this subject) and people sometimes don't think about what they are saying. (no filter!)

Patrick and I were both "chubby 12's" (age 12) and I sprouted up, he sprouted up it's kinda the puppy theory--you know how they are chunky pups and they grow tall and become more lean...I am convinced that is what happens to humans when they go through that awkward boy-to-man or girl-to-woman stage in their early pre-teens...it's like they have to get their growth from somewhere--A tree doesn't just grow--it has to be hearty and strong to hold it's own weight! Funny: Patrick's health record from baby to young man was always off the charts growth in the 100 percentile. He was/is always-always active; hockey, baseball, running, biking, swimming--still never holds still and I told the doctor that when he was a boy...also mentioned my body shape similar to his when I was young... Now, you would think on one hand the 100 percentile is a good scale...then on the other hand it's not? Doesn't make sense to me--

Then, we have people like; Tom, K, Shane who are just Irish skinny people!!! hahaha (kinda blows my theory right out of the water) BUT, Patrick could snap Shane like a pretzel in a HE MAN contest--he's just a bigger/stronger guy! I cannot open his water bottles from the gym--I even bought those rubbery things to get a better grip!

QueenieJO...Oh I would love to shop next to your MIL...she'd have a field day--Me...sour cream, cheese, pack of cookies for lunches...I'd wear her out! Ordained food police!!! hahahaha

Old 03-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #1093
Forum Fanatic

QueenieJO..talk about double digits in age...I have all "adults" now that my baby turned "18" here! I cannot check that survey box with "children in the house"...no mo, no mo! HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALEB! Yes...pictures please!!!

Old 03-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #1094
Forum Fanatic

Oh...Angela...6-12" tonight here....SNOW again! Just when the sun has pretty much melted the front yard...a quick pre-spring snow Nor' easter headed to us tonight--you'd never know it--not very cold out yet...and the sun is beaming in!?!

Old 03-18-2013, 03:14 PM   #1095
Glitter Guru

Acck! Angela, that is terrible, poor Davis! He looks fine, he's such a cutie. I'm glad you spoke to your mom, but sorry you needed to.

My MIL is similar, I no longer make excuses, I just tell the kids to ignore it (not very respectful of me to tell them that, but I'm tired of them being hurt). I also told the older two recently to call her out when she does things (she has a favorite and makes no excuses about making it known). They did this last time and I think she was shocked.

Susanne, I saw the weather report and thought, oh no, Susanne's going to get hit again! Stay safe and warm.

Wow, that sounds like a fun party Joanna. Can't wait to see some pics! All that baking, wow, you really went all out, that's awesome. I bet Caleb had so much fun. Great theme! Your story about you MIL confronting people in the supermarket made me laugh, OMG! I think I would be so humiliated it someone told me to put down the oreos! People must be dumbfounded when she does this.

Linda, I'm like you, I always think that you shouldn't say something if you can't say something nice. I've been trying to teach that to the kids. And you are exactly right, I need to lose some weight and feel badly enough about it, without having everyone else confirm it. My MIL likes to show me a photo of myself when I was "thin and pretty"! LOL, makes it pretty clear how she thinks I look now!

Lena, thinking of you and hoping today is a good one for you.

Hope you are all starting the week off well! Where's Pat been? Probably cropping! I haven't seen her in a bit.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #1096
Forum Fanatic

No one's home, I just whipped up Spinach feta quiche and those hash brown potatoes with the soup, sour cream, cheese and butter--both baking right now! {Can hear QueenieJO's MIL scolding me with those ingredients!--Tough...I skipped lunch and all snacks today!}

Kathleen--yeah...another "clobbering of snow from the heaven's"...I say bring it on...it just better be the last one--no snow on Easter or my birthday in May!!! haha

My MIL (God rest her soul) has never uttered a word (that I know of) about me--she was this quiet lil' petite angel (I am the complete opposite so maybe I scared her?) hahahaha However, she never let me use her sewing machine for some reason--we think it was because I would craft in my basement? Maybe she just didn't want me to use her 'stuff'? So I didn't think twice about it...Until she lent it to my other SIL w/o a problem!! I ended up getting my own sewing machine by then--but I always wondered about that silly thing

Old 03-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #1097
Forum Fanatic

Pat..where ya bin? Chime in here...all Okay? I feel like we have not heard much from you lately...

Old 03-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #1098
Stazon Splitcoast

I also had some great MIL's and a bad one. I'll never forget what she said about me but my best friend's Mom told her off. My girls Daddy had died and she said I didn't love him because I didn't publicly break down or take good care of him and that is why he died. In 18 mo. he had (1972)open heart surgery, cebbreal hemmorage, stroke and a virus that ate the stitches out of his artificial heart valve. I had 4 kids, did his exercises at home 4 times a day, took him to physical therapy 3 times (40 Mi round trip a week and had a PT job. His mother stayed with him long enough for me to work a few times a week. It did hurt me but then I considered the source. I guess that is all you can do. She was really surprised when my BFF Mom jumped all over her. I have never showed much emotion in public and I can't help how I am. I don't work at it or anything. Kathy, you are beautiful. Don't pay any attention to her.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #1099
Stazon Splitcoast

Pat, we are all looking for you!

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #1100

JCI to let Pat and Tracie know their March cardkits are now officially on the way to them!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:53 PM   #1101
Hardware Hotshot

Wow, snow! It was 52 here today. Thought about breaking out the baby oil and laying out in the sun but I thought that I would scare the postman and embarrass the kids!

Oh Linda, that was just plain mean. Do NOT even think that you were not a good wife. Obviously she was hurting but good heavens what did she expect of you?!!

Susanne: that recipe sounds amazing. Did you ever post it?

We had a day today. One of the parents yelled at Caleb because he almost ran into the street chasing down his homework (it was windy here and it took me a moment to spin around from kissing TJ and grab him) The guy said, "What the f* do you think you're doin' kid? I coulda killed you" Caleb thought that the guy was "mean" and sat sobbing in the car (I was too but for a different reason) I tried to explain to Caleb that he had been careless and that the parent was probably scared (I sure as heck was) and was from New York. So I was explaining that people talk differently all over the country and that New Yorkers say what is on their mind. Caleb finally calmed down enough to go to school with a stern reminder to "pay attention to EVERYTHING, not just his homework. I sat thinking about that moment all day today; that ... what if ... what IF ... kept playing in my mind. He's 10 and in the blink of an eye, I could have lost him. What if. I'm still teary-eyed thinking about it.

Hug your loved ones today guys.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:27 AM   #1102
Die Cut Diva

I'm here you guys!!! Left early last Thursday morning to go to a scrapbooking retreat!! It was great, I got back home late Sunday evening and slept most of the day yesterday. Wow thats one thing about these retreats...you can scrap until 3AM!! We don't usually stay that late but when we get back to our room we watch a movie and then giggle like high school girls for an hour or so. They quit serving our free breakfast at 10 so we need to get up early and everyone showers and gets ready for the day...so not much sleep!! I had a wonderful time...the retreat was near Bowling Green, KY. A nice scrapbook store put it on at a Kentucky State Park so we get a nice package and sleep at the lodge and eat in the dining room there.
Now back to reality, I need to get ready for work!! EVeryone have a great day!!
Old 03-19-2013, 06:51 AM   #1103

Oops! Pat and Tracie, I indicated a while back I would include the recipe booklet in with your package. I didn't do that! I still need to make copies of it. The one thing I miss from work, is my office with the color laser printer, the super-fast copier, and the PDF software to create PDF files! I will get copies done and sent to all who indicated they would like to have those recipes.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #1104
Forum Fanatic

<--Good to see Pat! Glad you had fun away scrappin' all weekend!

Okay I want to share...Angela...pull in closely (this could pertain to you too with your new venture Origami Owl Jewelry endeavor)

So yesterday, I signed up to have the SU Demo website--with my name on it! Very cool right--everything is right there--someone can just click and order anything from the SU catty and the order is sent to my email immediately--I respond and get the ball rolling!

We were and still are pounded with snow today--got up at 6-saw Tom off to work and decided I would go crash for a few more hours.

Get up, grab the lovin' cup of coffee...click onto my computer.

There amongst my 47 emails is in CAPS: I WANT TO PLACE AN ORDER WITH YOU!

Wow...amazing huh? I have not had my SU website on line for more than 12 hours and my first order? I get so excited--flabbergasted really since I am still sleepy and need to share this excitement--I call my cousin in FL (she's out walking her dogs in the rain)...she's so happy...email Patti my upline...my sis in England comments "See I told you on line is great!" {She's been on my back about selling card kits via ebay on line)

I panic and decide to contact SU--make sure I place the order correctly--waiting on the phone for over 8 minutes....Finally share with someone and asked--if this person has ordered from SU before--wouldn't their email addy show up their address? A really sweet SU person (woman) tells me I have been "duped" HUH? Scam...

Large order with multiples of expensive items (Yes)
No contact information (phone/address) (No)
It's fake! (Really?) Yes! and Good thing you called because the next step is for you to get the order rolling-(they give a fake address), they send you a HUGE check (too much for the original order) ask for you to wait to clear their check--then wire them the overage....and that's where this email would have gone--had I not called SU at the beginning!

So, the moral of the story is...if you are ever doing business on line--be careful--if it's too good to be true...It probably is!

Have to say SU lady was super sweet--I was feeling so happy..then stupid...She said, "Don't worry, you caught it in time-so glad you called, you learned something very valuable and good things will come to you!" <--That was so sweet...kinda like a mom at the other end! hahaha

So beware chickies...there's always someone out there to scam you!

Old 03-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #1105
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
I also had some great MIL's and a bad one. I'll never forget what she said about me but my best friend's Mom told her off. My girls Daddy had died and she said I didn't love him because I didn't publicly break down or take good care of him and that is why he died. In 18 mo. he had (1972)open heart surgery, cebbreal hemmorage, stroke and a virus that ate the stitches out of his artificial heart valve. I had 4 kids, did his exercises at home 4 times a day, took him to physical therapy 3 times (40 Mi round trip a week and had a PT job. His mother stayed with him long enough for me to work a few times a week. It did hurt me but then I considered the source. I guess that is all you can do. She was really surprised when my BFF Mom jumped all over her. I have never showed much emotion in public and I can't help how I am. I don't work at it or anything. Kathy, you are beautiful. Don't pay any attention to her.
Linda--I read this in my email last night and thought REALLY? Like this woman could not be any meaner! {{{{Linda}}}

Old 03-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #1106
Forum Fanatic

We got "snowed in" alrighty! Jeepers creepers--it's still snowing outside--at least a foot too! Patrick's automated call came in at 5am-woke me-I looked out our window and all I saw was WHITE everywhere! Good day to hunker down and get some work done!

Have a great day everyone! {{{{warm hugs to all my friends here}}}

Old 03-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #1107
Glitter Guru

Sorry to hear that happened to you Susanne. They talk alot about those emails in the SCS SU Demo forums, but I've never had one of those emails. Guess they target the US more.

The ones I heard about usually have a tip-off....like how come someone needs 12 big shots or 8 of the same stamp set...but, they could be getting smarter.

It happens everywhere. I once received a letter addresed to me (snail mail) that said that a person with same initial and last name as my father-in-law had two sons that died in a horrific train accident in Paris years ago and now this gentleman had all this money for me to access if I'd only..blah, blah, blah...I told my husband "I didn't know you were dead!"

The other one that was pretty bad here for a bit was a facebook scam. These guys would call elderly seniors and "impersonate" their grandchildren..."help, please send money. I'm travelling and have been in a horrible car crash so my voice sounds different and I can't get home unless you send me money, Grandma"...oh yeah, and "don't tell mom and dad, please Grandma! They don't know I've been away!!" Who knows how they got the information, but there were many seniors who fell victim here.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #1108
Die Cut Diva

Some people should really be ashamed of themselves.

And years ago, I received a letter in the mail that sounded much like yours, Heather.

I try to remain an optimist, but also put a lot of stock in the saying, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is".
Old 03-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #1109
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Wow, snow! It was 52 here today. Thought about breaking out the baby oil and laying out in the sun but I thought that I would scare the postman and embarrass the kids!

Oh Linda, that was just plain mean. Do NOT even think that you were not a good wife. Obviously she was hurting but good heavens what did she expect of you?!!

Susanne: that recipe sounds amazing. Did you ever post it?

We had a day today. One of the parents yelled at Caleb because he almost ran into the street chasing down his homework (it was windy here and it took me a moment to spin around from kissing TJ and grab him) The guy said, "What the f* do you think you're doin' kid? I coulda killed you" Caleb thought that the guy was "mean" and sat sobbing in the car (I was too but for a different reason) I tried to explain to Caleb that he had been careless and that the parent was probably scared (I sure as heck was) and was from New York. So I was explaining that people talk differently all over the country and that New Yorkers say what is on their mind. Caleb finally calmed down enough to go to school with a stern reminder to "pay attention to EVERYTHING, not just his homework. I sat thinking about that moment all day today; that ... what if ... what IF ... kept playing in my mind. He's 10 and in the blink of an eye, I could have lost him. What if. I'm still teary-eyed thinking about it.

Hug your loved ones today guys.
QueenieJO...how did I miss this? {{{{hugs to you and Caleb}}}}my God that must have been horrible! And my heart pours out to you--and Caleb. Then, you imagine all those mean awful parents that don't give a flying fandango about their kids...yowza...heart attack! Glad you both are safe--love the NY comment about people from NY..haha (guess there isn't much to say when a grown up swears at a child)...how awful for Caleb...<shutter>

Old 03-19-2013, 02:45 PM   #1110
Forum Fanatic

Queenie JO...the potato recipe?

Heather--I keep getting an email from an Ireland Law firm in my regular email about all this money that is waiting for me there!!! Maybe I should go?! hahahahaha Maybe I should introduce Ms Sarah Daniels to the Irish folk...let them scam each other!

Strange world out there--every now and again you have to stop, think, and realize this!

On a funny note: My snow plow guy is as dumb as a box of rocks. I just texted him (he doesn't know how to speel either)...asking if maybe he could shoot up our drive-way one more time since the 4" that is still there will freeze tonight? He said he was *hear* earlier and *who is this talking toy me*!!! He's always crabby and stupid when I call--thought I'd change it up a bit and text--Heaven help me today--I swear I should go back to bed!!! hahahaha

Old 03-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #1111
Forum Fanatic

"Sarah Daniels...meet Mr Snowman ploy guy"...

Old 03-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #1112
Glitter Guru

Wait....you TEXT your snow plow guy?!!?

WAIT...you HAVE a snow plow guy!?!?
Old 03-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #1113
Hardware Hotshot

Heather (snort) you make me giggle. I wanna be able to text our plow dude as in ... "coulda NOT plow and leave the giant piles near our driveway so my poor husband can't get in our garage?"
Old 03-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #1114
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeOnline View Post
Wait....you TEXT your snow plow guy?!!?

WAIT...you HAVE a snow plow guy!?!?
Yes ...mmmmm yes..why, want me to give him YOUR addy so he can come plow you out dear? Tellin' ya, dumb as a box o rocks! Mean too--he screams on the phone at me? Why do we hire him..he's cheap and I got him the 4 houses on our lil' cul de sac...Everyone else charges $45 a plow..he's @ $25 and screams...so you can't beat the price! hahaha

Old 03-19-2013, 04:47 PM   #1115
Forum Fanatic

Our drive way goes right up to the lawn so we're talking romper room plow job--no angles, no dog legs turns...and our garage opens to the side of the drive-way (if that makes sense...)I make sure we move the cars from the driveway (either USE the garage) or pull out when he's on our block so he can just run straight up and the BIG 9-11' pile can be in the lawn off the driveway! Straight shot up--and I was so sick of him barking, acting dumb or drunk on the phone--I text him now! Believe it or not I think he gets a kick out of it--like some hot chick is texting him!!! hahahaha He never knows who I am! hahaha

Old 03-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #1116
Die Cut Diva

Got my first kit today!! Thank you Joanna!! Too late to get a photo now but will post one tomorrow!! First thing out of the bag was a chocolate easter bunny!!! WOW!! She sent darling charms...love them along with ribbon and twine, beautiful flowers and 6x6 Simple Stories pad (one of my favorite lines). And lots more too.
Thank you!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #1117
Stazon Splitcoast

Good grief! I didn't realize that there were so many people out there who are: a. lacking manners, b. lacking common sense, or c. just plain rude! Boo to them! I am sorry so many of you lovely ladies have experienced this too.

I tend to get my back up when things like this happen to my kids...don't mess with my kids! Seriously, what's even more upsetting is that my Mom just really didn't have a clue and did nothing to make it right. I have always said that I didn't learn how to be a parent from my parents, I learned how not to be a parent. Sad, but true. I am thankful I had the good Lord looking out for me; he put an abundance of good people in my life to help show me the way.

Joanna, how scary for you and Caleb! I am glad he is okay. Big hugs to you both!

It is cold here and is supposed to get colder! I had planned to do some hibernating the next few days, but Ivy just told me she has volunteered to work at the soup kitchen. I may be driving the "Mom Taxi" instead....

Susanne, my brother has had some cons try to buy puppies from him. Tip offs: goofy names, poor spelling/grammar, interesting stories. He has showed me a few of the emails and we just laugh. How strange that someone would zero in on your website so fast! So glad that the SU! lady alerted you to the scam!

Enjoy your kit, Pat! I love the Simple Stories papers too....

Okay, I am off to watch Chopped....

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 03-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #1118
Die Cut Diva

I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but I have been thinking about our swap exchanges, and perhaps we could exchange (by snail mail) stamped images, home-made die cuts, embossing folder impressions, etc. This way we would could make use of all the supplies we have on hand, AND save money by purchasing less stamps, dies, embossing folders. Anyway, just an idea. Any and all feedback is welcome.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:51 AM   #1119
Forum Fanatic

QueenieJO...this one's for you...

Cracker Barrel's Hashbrowns Casserole-copycat

2 lbs frozen hash browns (the sliver style not chunks)
1/2 cup butter or margarin melted
1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom (or cream of chix)
1 pint sour cream
1/2 chopped onion
2 cups cheddar cheese grated
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Preheat oven 350, spray an 11x14 (large pan) with cooking spray
Mix the above ingredients together, place in prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until browned on top!

NOTE: This makes a huge amount-you could use 2 small pans and it always takes a lil' more time than the 45 minutes *in my oven...we use cream of mushroom because K is a vegetarian! Enjoy!

Old 03-20-2013, 06:28 AM   #1120
Glitter Guru

Susanne, that is too funny about snow plow guy getting a kick out of you texting. LOL, he sounds nutty! Oh my gosh, that is insane about your SU website. I've heard of some scams before, I remember when I was a demo people saying don't place an order before the check clears, that was before the demo websites were so big. Glad you caught it in time.

Jo, that is scary about Caleb. Kids don't think when something like homework or a ball goes in the street, they just go after it. So glad he is fine. Funny about saying the guy is from NY! Just so happy he is OK.

Sounds like a fun kit Pat! Glad you had a great weekend get away.

Linda, I can't believe your MIL, how mean. I don't think you have a mean or uncaring bone in your body! You are really one of the nicest people I've met on line, so caring and kind! I don't really show emotion in public either, not something planned, just me. I may need some help from you. Chuck kept asking me what I wanted for my birthday and I couldn't think of anything, so finally I just decided to go for it and ordered a silhouette. Yikes, it is kind of confusing, but really cool. It came yesterday and I set it up and tried a few simple cuts. I think it will be fun to play with. I joined the group over at Color Me Creative like you suggested, but if you have any tips let me know!

Angela, hope you get a bit of time to hibernate! That is wonderful that Ivy volunteered at the soup kitchen, though. What a great thing for her to do. You are such a good parent, you really always seem to have the right things to say or do when the kids need advice. I just assumed that you learned all that from your own parents. You always seem so calm, too. That is such a valuable trait! Well, however you came to it, you certainly are a good mom!

It's funny, you mentioned about bad behavior and lack of manners. The PTA meetings around here are like that. The ladies all scream and snarl at each other. It's actually frightening. I have signed up to work a table at the Character Education day tomorrow. I'm really hoping that people will be on best behavior. What kind of a lesson would it be for the kids to hear Billy's mom screaming at Mary's mom at the respect table, lol?

Off to get a little cleaning done (maybe), I'd rather make a card!

Hope you all have a great day!
Closed Thread