Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree88Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 05:38 AM   #921
Gabfest Goddess

Heather, what a wonderful package from Vickie! Seems like you are going to have to share all the goodies you receive with our newest little crafter/swapper!!

Imke, what a good idea to sell your old magazines on E-bay! I usually don't let my crafting magazines lie around anymore, I have two three ring notebooks (one for card ideas and one for scrapbook ideas) and after I am done reading through, I tear out the pictures of the cards/scrapbook pages that i want to use for inspiration and paste them in my personal idea book. But your idea for these old magazines brings you $$$! Very smart!

Linda, isn't it a great feeling to get the craft room a little more cleaned and organized? Every time I do that I find something that I had forgotten I had...almost like buying something new again!

Angela, the list of Ivy's cupcake offerings is making me drool! They sound so delish! I agree with Imke, it is no wonder Ivy's cuppie business is so successful! Sus is right..."Shark Tank" should be next on your agenda...get that girl marketed! I will be happy to be first on your list of long-distance customers!

Vickie, I would love your recipe for Spaghetti Pie! Please post it? I also have problems deciding what to make for dinners, even your list of favorite dishes is helpful for coming up with dinner ideas. I seem to have the same obstacles to overcome with dinner that Heather has: didn't take anything out of the freezer, what to make, too tired...etc. So everyone's mentioned their favorites and quick meal ideas are great inspiration.

Guess I'd better get moving. Dad is bringing their laundry over for me to get done. Mom is doing well physically, though the overnight hospital stay seems to have set her mental status back a bit more. Just can't take away the "routine" and usual surroundings or she gets even more confused.

Again, I am grateful to everyone here for their prayers and support. It's been a rough week emotionally, and it is so nice to pop in here and read about "normal" everyday life things, and the virtual hugs and support that can be found here.

It's a snowy, cold, grey Sunday here...wishing you all warmth and sunshine!
Old 03-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #922
Die Cut Diva

We finally have sunshine!! Seems like forever its been gloomy and gray. We had snow showers most of last week and lots yesterday. Huge snowflakes...I couldn't believe it melted off the streets. Really glad about that...I went to two crops yesterday. First was at the library 9 till 4 and then at a LSS 5 until midnight. That gave us a break to run by JoAnnes (great sales) and to pick up something for supper before going to the next crop. Actually its sounds kind of nuts doesn't it?? heeeheee I love these Saturdays though and helps to get me through the week at work.

Patti glad you mom is back home and maybe things will get back to normal. I know from my grandparents that its very hard for them to wake up in a different place. At least they were elderly...I do that myself sometimes when I nap. I can't decide if it morning or afternoon. Oh well, I hope being at home with her things around her will help with the anxiety.

Heather...awesome kit...that Vickie is really great at knowing what we NEED!! LOL!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:00 AM   #923
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Heather, I had sooo much fun putting your package together. oops! sorry about the magnet popping off.

The stamp show was sooooo much fun this past weekend! Brought home lots and lots of goodies that I just couldn't resist! I have absolutely no willpower when it comes to this hobby!! Learned a different technique to use at the Technique Junkies booth! I'll post here later today a pic of the card using that technique!

Hope everyone had a relaxing weekend.

Need to fix some breakfast and unpack!

Lena, your posts here are so upbeat; I pray that whatever treatment your doctors decide will go as well or better than they say. Hugs, thoughts, and prayers for you.

Wishing everyone a marvelous Monday!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:51 AM   #924
Watercolor Wizard

Patti--very sweet of you to take such good care of your parents. I love hearing <warm fuzzy> stories of family taking care of one another. I always wonder if our kids will take care of me and Tom when were old-we joke about it...Patrick has said he'll be rich enough to HIRE someone to do that job!!! hahaha <goofy boy> Shane said he'll find us an "okay" nursing home!!!

Just saw this on my Comcast page--Did you know that if you have a chip or crack in your dishes you should throw them away--once this happens, no matter how many times you wash, dishwasher, etc a ceramic plate/bowl bacteria can get inside through the smallest crack or chip? I never thought of this before--but thinking the everyday set I have needs to GO! It's long overdue, but now there is reason to pitch my dishes! They also said if you drink coffee w/milk/cream--no more than an hour at room temps! Pizza--two hours tops--then an airtight container and always -always NUKE it before you eat the left overs--never eat cold pizza! (Shane is my cold pizza guy-he loves it the next day cold!) Also spices in our spice rack have a shelf life--no more than a year old! Some have dates but they say when you buy them to write that date on the container! (Since you don't know how long they have been in a store warehouse awaiting their shelf debut!)

Monday here--gotta whole lotta laundry, making spinach & cheese roll-ups (with lasagna noodles for dinner)...Need to get to the PO to mail my sister's b'day present or she'll go wacko if I am late!!!<--Imagine that, a "grown arse" woman pitching a fit because her b-day present is late? HUH? Who does this?

Have a good day everyone!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 03-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #925
Watercolor Wizard

Oh one more thing...Vickie--glad you had fun at the stamp show--did you see the technique for the 'stencil and goo' thing? haha (forgot the name) hahaha

Old 03-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #926
Hardware Hotshot

I love cold pizza. I'm 40 years old and it hasn't killed me yet, I can't see giving it up because of a few bacteria!

I just went through all my spices when we moved. I don't think you think about it (at least I don't) Some of them had almost NO scent and I pitched them. Good idea about putting the dates on them.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #927
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
Just saw this on my Comcast page--Did you know that if you have a chip or crack in your dishes you should throw them away--once this happens, no matter how many times you wash, dishwasher, etc a ceramic plate/bowl bacteria can get inside through the smallest crack or chip? I never thought of this before--but thinking the everyday set I have needs to GO! It's long overdue, but now there is reason to pitch my dishes! They also said if you drink coffee w/milk/cream--no more than an hour at room temps! Pizza--two hours tops--then an airtight container and always -always NUKE it before you eat the left overs--never eat cold pizza! (Shane is my cold pizza guy-he loves it the next day cold!) Also spices in our spice rack have a shelf life--no more than a year old! Some have dates but they say when you buy them to write that date on the container! (Since you don't know how long they have been in a store warehouse awaiting their shelf debut!)
I didn't think of the dishes thing, but that makes sense. Guess I have to go replace the one bowl that we have that's chipped. Everything else is fine right now.

I knew the thing about spices, although I don't think there is anything wrong with them, just that they're not "good". I am bad about replacing them though. How terrible can they really be?
Old 03-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #928
Hardware Hotshot

BTW: My MIL pitches a pretty good fit if HER present is late, Sus ... I agree. It's stupid.

And SPEAKING of birthdays, thanks Patti and Kathy, your cards arrived over the weekend. Both of them were lovely! We have such talented cardmakers in this group.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #929
Hardware Hotshot

I had quite a weekend. On Friday, I woke up at 2:30 in the morning and felt sweaty, light-headed, nauseated and had chest pain. I thought I was having a heart attack so off we went to the ER. It wasn't my heart, thankfully but a terrible reaction to some medicine that my endocrinologist had given me for my neuropathy. After a few hours on oxygen and some time for the medicine to clear out of my system, I was good to go.

Poor Ken was stressed because not only did he have to worry about me, and deal with the kids but we also had house guests. Probably wasn't much of a relaxing weekend for him either!
Old 03-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #930
Hardware Hotshot

I forgot to respond to the recipe comments to me. Yes, I'd like the recipe for Spagetti Pie. And Vickie, can you send me the recipes you mentioned as well?

I think tonight I'm going to try to make meatloaf.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #931
Glitter Guru

Hey ladies,
Joanna, omg, that sounds frightening last weekend. So glad it's not your heart. Happy my card arrived.

Don't think I'll give up cold pizza either, but I will get rid of the cracked plates (good tip Susanne, never thought of it). Too funny about your sis, our family is very laid back about that (or maybe they just got used to me always being late with gifts).

Heather, I'll have to find them, but I have several good and simple recipes with chicken. We do a lot with greens, too. Bok choy and other veg sauteed over soba noodles or rice. Napa cabbage wraps with Thai chicken and rice. Kale with white beans and turkey sausage. Those are some of my go tos. I pretty much do everything from scratch, I try to avoid processed foods when I can. I do all of the baking usually on the weekend and try to make and freeze pizza crusts and pasta/pizza sauce then, too. Don't know if you use a crock pot, but that is a life saver for me. I'm not working outside of the home, but it still seems like everything breaks loose around 4 o'clock, and if I don't have things planned or started it's a mess.

I got home from my grandmom's last night (my brother flew in from KY and was headed there), so I came home to get things in order for school for the kids this week. I was planning to go back down to her house this morning. But, she passed away around 7:30 this morning. She was not doing well and was in pain and having problems breathing, so we were giving her increased amounts of morphine, so sad to have her in pain.

When I arrived home last night my FIL who was here was feeling light headed, short of breath and having a rapid pulse, so my DH took him to the ER. They ran lots of tests but didn't find anything conclusive. They wanted to admit him, but he refused. He went home today and will see his reg. doctor. Been a bit crazy around here!

Angela, oh my gosh, the cupcake list is over the top. So many flavors to chose from. And they all sound divine! No wonder Ivy's business is booming! Everything sounded so good! Wonder if they would ship well??!! I could go for an Elvis!

Pat, I want to come stay for a weekend. You get more done in a weekend, than I do in weeks, and it always sounds like a blast. So glad you had fun at the crops!

Vickie, the stamp show sounds fun, too. I'm with you, at those shows, I always buy too much, can't resist and you dont' always find the stuff other places. Can't wait to see your technique card.

Going to get some wash folded and put away, before my big guys get home. See you all later!
Old 03-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #932
Hardware Hotshot

Funny thing: When they sent me upstairs from the ER (they wanted to monitor me overnight since I'm diabetic) I had a killer headache and asked for a tylenol. The nurse told me that she'd have to ask the doctor but she could give me morphine. Umm, isn't that like shooting a mouse with an elephant gun? Just sayin.

WOULD you be willing to ship the cuppies, Angela? Caleb's birthday is next weekend. I would totally buy them from you guys.

Kathy: I'd be interested in some good veggie side dishes. Seems like I get stuck in a rut with corn or peas.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #933
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy, so sorry about your Nana. I've had you family in my prayers.

Vickie, I also want those recipes. I intended to copy them and never got that done. The stamp show sounds like so much fun. I'm so glad you got to go and have some fun stamp time.

Pat, I'm with Kathy. I want to come spend the weekend with you and go have all that fun with you. So exciting to have all that store fun.

Tracie, I love the scrapbook store we went to for our class in KC and I saw through an email that they are closing their doors. So sad, it was an awesome store.

Joanna, so sorry to hear about your weekend scare. Imagine Ken was scared to death, anytime anyone says heart people usually panic.

Susanne, I am sure my spices are way too old. I guess I need to check them out. Some of them are so expensive, hate to have to replace them. Never thought about the dishes but don't think I have any that are chipped. Thanks for keeping us on our toes.

Joanna, I need your new address. I think I mailed your card to the old address. I am so sorry. I have 3 cards going out to Grandsons today and one of them is late. Today is Debra's son Alex's birthday. He is autistic and such a great kid. He is 18 today. He has stolen all our hearts.

You know it is great to get organized but I can just make a few cards and I have a wreck again. WHY am I so messy when making cards???

Patti, so glad your Mom is home. I know it makes your Dad feel better to.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 03-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #934
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy when you have time, I would like some of those recipes too. They sound so healthy and that is what I should be eating.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
Oh one more thing...Vickie--glad you had fun at the stamp show--did you see the technique for the 'stencil and goo' thing? haha (forgot the name) hahaha
Bummer, they were not doing any demonstrations for that technique. BUT, I am going to give it a try this week!!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #936

I will begin to photocopy the recipes and mail out as soon as possible. Tracie and Pat, I will include a copy in with your cardkit packages. I will post when I go postal with your kits (probably sometime next week!)

Kathy, so sorry to hear that your nana passed away.

Joanna, sorry to hear of your trip to ER (I've had a couple of those trips because of complications with diabetes) BUT, am so happy that it wasn't heart related. I have an appointment with my endocrinologist the end of March and it's always a concern what she will want to try me on next. I'm so up and down with my blood sugar; I can do the exact same thing for two days straight and one day will be excellent BS and the next will be either too high or too low! Hope your doc can come up with a med that you can tolerate.

Bad weather supposed to come in tonight through tomorrow; ice and snow!

I am going to go find my spaghetti pie recipe and post it this evening. Also, will take a picture of the card! Where does the time go??!!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #937
Hardware Hotshot

Vickie, if it's easier to scan and send, I'll send you my email address.

In case anyone is interested, I keep my "recipe box" online at Bytes to Bites | Just another WordPress.com site.

Only recipes I try are on there and only ones we want to keep and use again. I have a traditional recipe file, but I found it too difficult to remember to print them off. This way, I can just refer to them online.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #938
Hardware Hotshot

Linda, do you have two daughters here on SCS?
Old 03-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #939
Hardware Hotshot

I need to swing by the hobby store to get a piece of paper (yes, just one) I'm working on a DT card and I'm short by a few inches. I COULD just start over but I've already colored the image and .... I really don't want to reprint the image.

Problem is .... the dog has a vet appointment so I have to bring her into town with me (I'm finding out that while living outside the city is peaceful and beautiful, trips into town have to be carefully planned). Given Holli's annoying tendency to chew items (my stick shift in my Jetta was gnawed and THAT happened while I was IN the car with her) I can't go before I pick the kids up. Bleah, I hate when I get behind in my making of the "have to" cards.

We're going to the vet because Holli has these weird white bumpy things on her gums. I'm worried that she has an infection AND, since she chewed up a piece of Brio train set this weekend, she lost an adult tooth. Seriously for this much work, I should have just had a baby.

Vickie: I keep forgetting that you are diabetic too. Stinks sometimes doesn't it?

Kath: Holy cow! You DID have quite the weekend. I was sorry to hear about your Nana.

Linda: 802 Timbertop Ct. Colorado Springs, CO 80921

Off to town .... again. I'll be glad when the kids go to school in THIS district!
Old 03-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #940
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Given Holli's annoying tendency to chew items (my stick shift in my Jetta was gnawed and THAT happened while I was IN the car with her)!
Ha, ha, ha!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Seriously for this much work, I should have just had a baby.
HA, HA, HA!!!

Old 03-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #941

Vickie's Spaghetti Pie

1/2 pkg thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
add 2 well beaten eggs to spaghetti, stir well (I use egg beaters)
add 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese to this mixture, stir well
layer half the spaghetti mixture into a pie plate or 8x8 square glass pan sprayed with Pam or Olive Oil spray, top with shredded mozzarella cheese; add remaining layer of spaghetti, top with mozzarella. Bake at 350 degrees F, for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges or squares depending on type of plate used to bake it in; serve with your favorite spaghetti sauce.

Vickie's Glop (I made this a lot when I worked and the kids were still at home; quick and easy!)
1/2 pkg. Rigatoni, cooked and drained
1 pkg. mozzarella cheese, shredded
Prego Spaghetti sauce (or your favorite brand sauce)
Layer sprayed baking dish with rigatoni, cheese, and sauce; repeat layering ending with cheese. bake 350 degrees until hot and cheese is melted.

Now, I'm going to go fix Tacos for dinner!!
Old 03-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #942

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeOnline View Post
Vickie, if it's easier to scan and send, I'll send you my email address.

In case anyone is interested, I keep my "recipe box" online at Bytes to Bites | Just another WordPress.com site.

Only recipes I try are on there and only ones we want to keep and use again. I have a traditional recipe file, but I found it too difficult to remember to print them off. This way, I can just refer to them online.
I'll let you know! I didn't think about the fact that I'm no longer in an office where I can just throw something on the copier and/or scanner and have it done in 3 seconds! My little ole' HP printer/scanner will be slow going, but I'll get er done, no problem!
Old 03-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #943
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Linda, do you have two daughters here on SCS?
No. Denise is the only one and she posts on SCS SS forum sometimes. She used to be one of us but had to drop out.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #944
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
I didn't think of the dishes thing, but that makes sense. Guess I have to go replace the one bowl that we have that's chipped. Everything else is fine right now.

I knew the thing about spices, although I don't think there is anything wrong with them, just that they're not "good". I am bad about replacing them though. How terrible can they really be?
They said...the spices lose their flavor--so, I guess that's a good reason to toss them--the more refined the quicker--like my cummin is old-but the more leafy spices keep longer...either way, I am going to have a look..think I bought cream of tar tar 5 years ago for a recipe..time to toss that one!

Old 03-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #945
Watercolor Wizard

Kitchen sponge--2 weeks tops...to "purify" it you get it wet and throw it in the microwave for 2 minutes...it is the "dirtiest" breeder of germs in our kitchens...My mom used to put ours in the dishwasher--run it through with the dishes once a week...I do that too...but have been good about buying multiples and pitching after a couple weeks!

I guess we either are really healthy or this is all a means to make us go buy stuff--

Heather...they also said never feed your baby from the baby jar-transfer it to another bowl, close the jar tightly-keep in fridge, good for 24 hours..then toss! You never want to use the same spoon that's been in Claire's mouth, then return it to the jar, save the left overs in the fridge--another "breeding ground"!

I get to thinking...Tom will grab a pickle from the jar, close it right up--mmm mmm germs! hahaha...We don't have any peanut butter fingers here--we use a knife..so we're good there...I only buy the squirt grape jelly...condiments have a stamped date too...

Eggs--can vary--keep them in the back of your fridge (exposed less to light)...if they float they are good..if they sink...toss em! But, here's the funny thing...you can have floaters and sinkers in the same carton--you should always test your eggs in a bowl of water before using...like, who's got time for this stuff??? Cook it, eat it..you'll be fine!

Old 03-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #946
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all!

Kathleen, so sorry to hear of your Nana's death. Have been thinking of you.

Joanna, are you feeling okay? How scary!

Had to work the weekend; have spent the day catching up at home.

We had snow last night with more forecasted for tonight...the kids are hoping for no school tomorrow.

Spagetti pie sounds delish!

Ivy and I had planned to do a trial run on shipping cupcakes but changed our minds.... We package them in a box tied with ribbon and a tag tied with Baker's Twine; I was finishing a box and jumbled it around a bit. Ivy was not a happy camper! That little bit made them look not so pretty and we knew there would be no way to send them in the mail without them arriving as "cupcake soup"! She will also be selling homemade caramels which are quite tasty and they will be easy to ship.

Kathleen, the Elvis cupcakes rock...the peanut butter frosting melts in your mouth and the banana cake is really moist. If you want the recipe I will pass it on. By the way, I am amazed at the cooking you do! You make good, healthy stuff!

Great kitchen tips, Susanne! I had heard about cracked plates and such...especially pottery. However, I will not give up eating cold pizza...love it! So does Davis; he would rather have it cold than hot.

I made a card today...it took all day, but I got it done! I have spent almost no time at the crafting table lately. I am hoping things will slow down and get back to normal.

Time for bed....

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 03-05-2013, 04:29 AM   #947
Watercolor Wizard

Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups...(changed name from "Rolls" to Roll Ups)

8oz Philly cream cheese, softened
2 -10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained (squeeze in paper towel)
1 1/4 cups Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
14 Lasagna noodles, cooked
2 jars spaghetti sauce

*I added 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter and 1/2 chopped onion (saute until onion softened)to the cream cheese mix--this added some moisture and taste.

Heat oven 375
Pour a lil' jared sauce on bottom of lasagna dish
Mix; cream cheese,cooled butter/onion, spinach mozzarella/parmesan cheese
Line up 2-3 lasagna noodles, spread mixture evenly on noodle
Roll up-place open seam down into lasagna pan
Makes 14-15 (entire box of lasagna noodles)
Pour sauce over top add mozzarella on top
Bake 30-35 minutes

Note: the original recipe is on the Kraft Foods Recipe site-I doctored it up because the first time I made this it needed moisture and more sauce. I think their recipe makes 6 of these and called for 2 cups of sauce? Not in my house! Enjoy!

Last edited by Susanne527; 03-05-2013 at 04:45 AM..
Old 03-05-2013, 04:54 AM   #948

aaaccckkkk....I'm using my DH laptop right now; my laptop won't come up. I'm hoping that it just needs a new battery or something easy!

I do want to let Angela know that I received the cardkit in yesterday's mail and to say thank you; as soon as I can I'll post more, but did want to let you know it's here!!

AND, I want to let Lynne know that I received the cardkit from her in yesterday's mail and to say thank you also! I'll post more detail after I calm down and find out what the heck is wrong with my computer.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Tuesday.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:33 AM   #949
Glitter Guru

A lot going on here.....

Kathy- Im sorry to hear about your Nana.

Joanna- What a weekend and Im glad it was not your heart and that you are feeling better now. What a shock !! AND I can imagine that your husband had his hands full with the boys

Susanne- I have also now and then spices or other supplies that are no longer "good". I do not use anymore because they just have no taste I think that's no reason to worry AND I also like cold pizza

Vickie- Have fun with your packages !!

The recipes sounds great !!

We have wonderful weather. Sunshine and 10 degrees ! Its like spring- but only the next few days. So we have to enjoy it !!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:16 AM   #950
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Woo hoo, Vickie! 2 packages in 1 day...lucky you! Glad mine has arrived.

Susanne, may have to try your roll ups tonight. I love how you can "hide" the spinach and the kids don't know what they are eating. I used to do that with Manicotti, which I havn't made in a very long time. How does a person get into a food rut? Maybe I need to put some recipes in a jar and draw one out to make on my days off...mix it up a bit!

Davis was mad this morning! The weather man was on his list...he was thinking no school today and they had school. I think it's better to go now than in May when it's warm outside.

Paisley loves the snow!

Okay, I'm off to try and get a few things accomplished....

A good day to all!

I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 03-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #951

wooHoo! My DH got my laptop up and running again! Don't know what he did but I'm glad he did it!

Here's the card I made at the stamp show. It was a make and take at the Technique Junkies booth. We used full pads of the colorbox chalk inks, laid a strip of blue painter's tape, sticky side down onto the pad to get the tape inked up. Then "stamped" the inked stip onto the cardstock, rubbing the uninked side of the tape to get a good inking onto the card! I think it's pretty cool! Just so happens DH has some blue painter's tape, of which I've confiscated to try the technique using different dye-based inks when I have a chance!
Attached Thumbnails
painters-tape-vky.jpg  
Old 03-05-2013, 08:54 AM   #952

I will take pictures and do a "proper" thank you for the two kits later this afternoon.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #953
Watercolor Wizard

Vickie--pretty card!

Angela--rec'd your catty today--thanks! It's like I want 10 of those necklaces--a couple for me and as gifts for people!!! <wheels turning here> Want to buy before they get too popular!

I "hide" spinach all the time--this is a tasty recipe--you cannot NOT like it with pasta, mozzi chez, sauce...delish! My kids or I would ever eat a bowl of spinach by itself-I am always making something with veggies for us...I once made (2) huge lasagna pans of this for a hockey function--the longer size lasagna pan is like 1 1/2 of a regular size---they disappeared in minutes! These were man-boys!!! I suppose you can use broccoli too--as long as you get the small chopped broc to fit into the roll ups!

I get very bored with food--I cannot even eat left overs the next day (other than Thanksgiving turkey dinner)<--only because I am usually running around cooking so much on Thanksgiving I don't eat much...but we do "Left overs Thursday" here because Friday is our garbage day--kill two birds with one stone--clean out the fridge and get everything to the road before we hit the sack! Friday is usually PBJ for lunches/egg salads/and Pizza for dinner (especially during Lent)!

Room Question: I was going to buy Kala one of those "Boost" loaded with vitamins drinks...have any of you tried them or recommend a brand she would like? She's a finicky eater and loves chocolate!

Old 03-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #954
Stazon Splitcoast

Angela, I want the Elvis cupcake recipe. Not only am I a huge Elvis fan, I love bananna cake or cupcakes. Got my catty yesterday. I am having a hard time choosing.

Vickie, can't wait to see you pks.

Susanne, thanks for the recipe.

Nothing going on here today except a ton of errands. We went to the meat market, HL, grocery store, library and out to eat breakfast. I wanted the library ap so I can check out ebooks on my ipad.

Have a great evening everyone.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-05-2013, 05:23 PM   #955
Die Cut Diva

Kathy sorry about your grandmother...when my grandmother's health was so bad and she was in pain...I knew I was being selfish to wish her here with us when it was time for her to be with my grandpa...still miss them both after all these years. After a while when you think of her it will be when she was healthy and happy and you'll have lots of good memories.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:53 PM   #956
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is the recipe:

Elvis Cupcakes

1 pkg. plain yellow cake mix (18.25 oz, no pudding in mix)
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (the riper the better!)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

Place rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees.

Place ingredients in a large mixing bowl and blend on low speed for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat at medium speed for 2 minutes more. The batter should look thick and well combined. Stir in chips.

Use 1/3 cup batter to fill cup 3/4 full.

Bake until cupcakes are golden and spring back when lightly pressed with your finger; 18-20 minutes. (We bake for 8 minutes, flip and rotate pans, bake for 8 minutes more.) Remove from pans to cool.

Peanut Butter Buttercream

8 oz. unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks)
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons heavy cream

Beat butter and peanut butter until smooth, about 20 seconds. Add powdered sugar and salt; beat at medium speed until combined, about 1 minute. Scrap bowl. Add vanilla and heavy cream; beat until combined, about 10 seconds. Increase speed to medium high and beat until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.

Pipe frosting onto cupcakes using your favorite tip. Garnish with a sprinkling of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.

***This buttercream melts in your mouth...so yummy! It's a customer favorite. Let me know if you try them and if you like them.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #957
Stazon Splitcoast

Susanne, we give some of the patients Boost or Ensure...not sure how is tastes...have never tried it.

About the jewelry: If you want to have a "book party" with friends, I can give you (the hostess) $25 for $250 spent (before tax and shipping). $30 for $300, $40 for $400, and so on. This is a great way to earn your jewelry. Today I was sorting charms and dangles...so much fun! My Mom bought me a locket for my birthday, so I will get it when she comes home from Arizona. (She ordered it before I decided to sign up.)

We just got done making Raspberry Lemonade and Lemon Cupcakes...off to sample one now....

Last edited by monkeymama; 03-05-2013 at 06:44 PM..
Old 03-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #958
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the recipe and for the info Angela.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 03-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #959
Die Cut Diva

I can tell you how Boost and Ensure taste-not good. However, that was nearly 20 years ago, and ironically I had trouble for the first 20 years of my life gaining weight. Everyone thought I was anorexic, even though I wasn't. Wow, what I wouldn't give to have those days back. It sure beats hearing, "You used to be so pretty. What happened to you?". Or, "Are you expecting"?
Old 03-05-2013, 08:32 PM   #960
Die Cut Diva

Vickie,

I'm glad your kit arrived. I hope you like it.
Closed Thread