Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree88Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #881
Gabfest Goddess

My dear Lena, with all you have been going through with your health, I am so especially grateful to you for putting together such a wonderful February package! It was not late, I received it still in February!! And it was fun to have some additional mail later on!! Thank you sooooo much!!!

Lena sent:

*the cutest Changito images! Love those cute little monkeys!
*beautiful colorful papers with tropical flowers, monkeys and bananas, and yellow and green ribbons to go along with the cardstock/papers
*the most adorable brads of monkeys, giraffes, zebras
*an assortment of flowers!
*an entire package of Martha Stewart baker's twine
*yellow brads and tiny buttons, and a package of "make your own" braddies!
*a package of foam squares---I use these for everything!!
*two pretty wrapped packages that had a box of coffees for my Keurig, and a Lindt dark chocolate bar with sea salt!! YUMMY!!

Lena, everything in this package was just perfect! Thank you again!!
Attached Thumbnails
feb-round-10-kit-lena.jpg   february-round-10-kit-lena-yum.jpg  
Old 02-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #882
Gabfest Goddess

Angela, PLEASE send me a Origami Owl catalog. I am soooo ready to buy one just for moi!
Old 02-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #883
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Patti, what an awesome kit from Lena! Love that wrapping paper!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-28-2013, 04:21 PM   #884

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie1974 View Post
Vickie,

Your package from me is on its way. Hopefully it arrives soon. And I apologize in advance, because I spelled your name 2 different ways on items in the package.
Thanks for the heads-up, Lynne. My name can be spelled several different ways, but it all sounds alike regardless of how it's spelled!! Don't think another thing about it!
Old 02-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #885
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Do we have to swap something? I mean, we swap ideas, stories, pictures, etc. Would that be enough for everyone?

Or what about sort of like a wish list. We write down something we wouldn't mind having and you can have your wish fulfilled during your month: good book to read, pre-colored images, maybe some spellbinder die cut-outs in specific colors, something like that.

I really want to keep chatting. I love hearing your stories and really DO feel like you are my friends despite never having me. What can we do to save this swap?
I agree with Jo in this regard, and like most of you, I have more than enough wonderful craft items from all of you to make thousands of cards and crafts! (if only had that much TIME!! <sigh>) The idea of getting a couple of pre-colored images, or some spellbinder die cuts in a specific color keeps costs down, we use some of the goodies we already own, and receiving something that would cut down on my crafting time by not having to do a piece myself sounds heavenly!!

Like Imke, I love sending and receiving! But the costs of these big swap packages and the $ to send them are getting beyond my limited craft budget. It's not that I didn't appreciate the handmade items idea, Imke, it's just that I am not good (AT ALL) at altering items, and like Lynne said, I won't send junk!

Kathy's two ideas: that of sending only a card, OR sending a very simple kit (I think Vickie mentioned this one)--only 2 or 3 stamped images, a few sheets of patterned paper/matching cardstock, a length or two of ribbon...just enough to make a couple cards at best...was also a great idea. If we actually stuck to the guidelines that are outlined at the beginning of this swap thread...no paper packs, no full rolls of ribbon, no stamps, we might actually USE what is sent right away. Make those couple of cards and post 'em! I have actually been in a Christmas card swap like that, and we were required to make one card out of what was sent and post it in our gallery, then link it to the thread. I liked that idea, because instead of putting away all my brand new goodies to be used at a later date, I knew I would use up whatever was sent to me within a few days. So, just another thought. But I think we are all in agreement that staying together the next round is a NECESSITY!!
Old 02-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #886
Gabfest Goddess

Vickie, congrats on the DT news! And how wonderful that the new grandbaby will be nearby! As you all know (ad nauseam, the amount I talk about Daniel), I love having him living so close; it just broke my heart to leave that new granddaughter in Arizona. It's so far!

Thank you, thank you, for all your thoughts and prayers for mom and family. She did go home from the hospital this morning, no sense in keeping her when she was in no pain, alert and walking around. Being away from home just made her more confused and agitated, even though my dad stayed with her in the private room overnight. She ended up pulling out her IV inadvertently, and would not sleep until Dad took her home today.

We not only decided not to do any cardiac caths, stents or other interventions, but chose to make her a DNR-CC (comfort care only). Since we know that she has significant coronary blockage, my dad, sister, brother, and myself all know that the possibility of her having "the big one" is very likely. I have seen too much in almost 23 years of intensive care nursing, and there is no way I want mom on a ventilator, with multiple IV medications and other technology keeping her shell alive. She's had a good 82 years, and her Alzheimers is getting increasingly worse. It was very emotionally draining to discuss this with my family, but fortunately, we were all in agreement. I ended up sleeping soundly last night, and had to get a catnap in this afternoon to make up for the lack of sleep yesterday. But it was well worth it to keep Mom company!
Old 02-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #887
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Patti, what an awesome kit from Lena! Love that wrapping paper!

It is awesome paper, isn't it? And all prettily tied up with pink ribbons? And I agree, the kit was wonderful! Can't wait to make some cute monkey cards with it! (hmmmmm, monkeymama's birthday is coming up soon!!)
Old 02-28-2013, 04:51 PM   #888
Gabfest Goddess

thinking of our Kathy, and praying for her family!
Old 02-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #889
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
I wanna shop your stash too!!!
oh, this made me LOL!! Thanks, Sus, I needed that!!
Old 02-28-2013, 07:14 PM   #890
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie1974 View Post
Am I the only one that likes the swaps as they are now?! As I may have said previously, I am out if we do altered items. I can't do them and I won't send people crap. Hopefully we all can agree on some sort of decision. This change wouldn't occur til the next round, right?
I think there are other that feel the same way about altered items, Lynn. Yes, the change is being discussed for next round.

I'm flexible. In some ways, a "quieter" round might be nice. Exchanging written cards sounds fun, I would probably try altered items (although finding the time!, yikes!), what about a recipe exchange?
Old 02-28-2013, 09:03 PM   #891
Die Cut Diva

Exchanging written cards would be fun. Gotta say I have no interest in recipes. I don't find it at all relevant to crafting. However, it IS a good idea, and I know others would probably have a lot of interest in it.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:33 PM   #892
Glitter Guru

Lena- Thanks for letting me know about your package.

Kathy- I read this about your Nana. You are in my thoughts. 99 is a great age !

Patti- Awesome package from Lena.

Angela- Then you start your "new" business now ? I keep my fingers crossed. Here, at least many are interested.

Lynne- As Linda says, we do it for years and sometimes you have to change something.

About the next round: Ladies, I have understood: Altered items are not asked LOL

I like in any case, the idea of ​​buying anything new. Cost savings never hurts. And we have just enough stuff !!! As hard as it sounds, but it's the truth.
I like Patti's idea:
A "normal" card kit (as they are everywhere here at SCS) is the directly processed and then here the finished card is shown.
Or Susanne's:
A swap with virtual themes. Something in the way we did with Donelda's Christmas cards. Each specifies a theme and then we create a card. That was fun and really helped to make my christmas cards ready But it is not necessarily Christmas....

For whatever you decide, I'm with you

I have another problem about spam comments on my blog. Since lately I have very many. Does anyone have a solution or can tell me why that is ? It's really annoying.

Wish you all a wonderful Friday !!
Old 03-01-2013, 04:09 AM   #893
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaPatti View Post
My dear Lena, with all you have been going through with your health, I am so especially grateful to you for putting together such a wonderful February package! It was not late, I received it still in February!! And it was fun to have some additional mail later on!! Thank you sooooo much!!!

Lena sent:

*the cutest Changito images! Love those cute little monkeys!
*beautiful colorful papers with tropical flowers, monkeys and bananas, and yellow and green ribbons to go along with the cardstock/papers
*the most adorable brads of monkeys, giraffes, zebras
*an assortment of flowers!
*an entire package of Martha Stewart baker's twine
*yellow brads and tiny buttons, and a package of "make your own" braddies!
*a package of foam squares---I use these for everything!!
*two pretty wrapped packages that had a box of coffees for my Keurig, and a Lindt dark chocolate bar with sea salt!! YUMMY!!

Lena, everything in this package was just perfect! Thank you again!!

Pattie happy you liked your package!!!! I hope that coffee favor was okay it's the one i like. Glad you liked the wrapping paper, I love it and I knew if Vicki saw it she would like it too! So thanks for sharing.
Hugs to you dear friend glad to hear your Mom went home.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:00 AM   #894
SCS BRAK Coordinator

So many things going on here. Lena, Kathy, Denise, Patti - Thinking of all of you.

I love the idea of the virtual swap but I have to admit that I love getting things in the mail. I love getting stamped images and just a few sheets of paper. Always fun to see what everyone else comes up with. Well we got a while to think about it. If we stuck with what is on the requirements, postage would be minimal.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 03-01-2013, 08:08 AM   #895
Stazon Splitcoast

Lena, good luck today at the radiologist.

Patti, glad your Mom got to go home.

Kathy, thinking of you.

Tracie, some great ideas from everyone. My favorite is also the challenges or plain card kits but I am willing to do any of it. There are so many names I've not had so hope someday to go back to this one after we use up some of our stash. I also like the idea of filling a package for someone out of our stash. I have so much. I just participated in one of these this month on WRAK. We open our pkgs. there together at midnight and I can't wait until tonight because I have a big box to open.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 03-01-2013, 08:16 AM   #896
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning to all!

Kathleen, you and your Nana are in my thoughts and prayers...so glad you were able to go be with her.

Lots of discussion about where to proceed with our swap. I would really hate to see it end because I, too, think of you all as my SCS family! We have been through a lot together...babies, illness, moves, the ups and downs of life...and the support found here is heartwarming. Everyone here is unique in her own special way...I am thankful for that!

I do like the idea of recipe pages. I am not keen on making altered items...like them, but don't like making them (The only thing I have success with is the Crystal Light containers and, darn it, they are not round anymore!)

We could try a mini card kit...basic requirements as posted on page 1. I like Susanne's idea of a colored theme...easy enough to implement with a card kit. If a "sender" goes overboard, we could flog them with a virtual wet noodle!

It would also be fun to do a "birthday shower" in the future. The birthday recipient could do a wish list and each member send them something during their birth month, along with a card. This doesn't have to be extravagant, just something small and easy to mail. Since this wouldn't involve a big financial output, we could do this in conjunction with the mini card kits. W can still have fun and be frugal, all at the same time! Just a thought....

I will mail out catalogs to those who mentioned they would like one. Here is a link to my website through Origami Owl.

We have orders for Cappuccino Chip and Oreo cupcakes to go out today. I will have to help with the baking since one of the orders goes our shortly after school gets out. I am not allowed "piping" privileges yet, so Ivy will frost when she comes home. I keep wondering when I will get to do the fun stuff?! LOL

Had conferences last night; you go visit the teachers you want to visit...they are student led. Of course, Ivy wants to see all of her teachers. Found out the tennis coach is trying to recruit her...she said it's an easy transition from volleyball. Now maybe she will have a spring sport; I was disappointed that Ivy has quit track, since DH and I were both sprinters, She didn't tell us the high jump was causing back pain, but now I understand her motivation behind the decision.

Hope everybody is having a great Friday!

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 03-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #897

Angela, there are so many cool items on Origami Owl! I will be placing an order for sure! And, love your cardkit ideas for upcoming roundsj.

I'm trying to get packed for the weekend getaway with a friend; we are going to the Heirloom Production stamp show tomorrow and Sunday (and, also work in a visit to Archiver's !!) I reserved a suite with a long table so we can craft tomorrow evening!

Hope everyone has a relaxing Friday.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #898
Hardware Hotshot

I know I suggested it, but normally I'm not a recipe girl. But, I need some help and thought it might be a fun idea to do once. But, we could also do it as an optional or separate thing (like the scrapbook pages), or just exchange recipes on the forum. I admit, I might have been hoping to get my hands on one or two of Ivy's cupcake recipes, since ordering them might be difficult for me.

but here's my big recipe problem...I know many of you have children, jobs, busy families...and a lot more experience than I do!!! So I'm sure you can help. I need some quick dinner ideas!

In the past, we haven't been exceptional at eating in on workdays. I have various challenges I'm trying to overcome...didn't take anything out of the freezer, what to make, too tired...etc. Now, we want to eat at home for Claire's sake, but I usually get home right around the time that Claire is hungry so I need quick ideas that we can whip up. DH is willing to help cook ahead of time, but the reality is it's hard to manage her and cook, so we find it easier to do it as a team once I'm home.

My favorite "quickies" right now are a Chicken Broccoli Divan (uses leftover chicken and pretty much done in 30 minutes) and tacos. Stirfrys are okay too, but we don't do those a lot. I finally figurd out how to bake chicken in a fairly small amount of time, but I need ideas for spicing/saucing it before it goes in the oven. My biggest challenge is ideas with things I have on hand regularly, or can keep on hand without it going bad.

Claire doesn't seem to be a picky eater. She loves pasta, rice, tomatoes, broccoli, brussel srpouds, chicken, shrimp, fish. Loves ham, but we don't have it too often. Hasn't had too much beef or potatoes yet (seems a little iffy on mashed potatoes) and pork seems a little tough for her sometimes. She still only has two teeth so I look for things we can break up for her.

Anybody have any grand ideas?
Old 03-01-2013, 11:58 AM   #899
Gabfest Goddess

Just a quick check in before heading out to meet Daniel's bus.

Lena, the coffee flavor is perfect. It's the kind I usually drink!

Angela, can we order Origami Owl directly from your site and still have you get the credit? I did bookmark your site, because I have finally made a decision on what I want to order, and may not wait til I get a catalog for my personal necklace...

will try to check back in later!
Old 03-01-2013, 12:58 PM   #900

Heather, a few rounds ago, we shared recipes on the thread. (It was before you joined in on the swaps). I copied each recipe and would be happy to send a copy to anyone who would like to have it. I recall I made a little booklet and sent it with my reveal when Patti was my secret sis during that round. I no longer have the file, but I do have a hardcopy of the recipes.

When my girls were little, they loved spaghetti pie. It's easy to make, doesn't really take very long. I would serve it with broccoli as the side. If interested, I'll find my recipe and post it here. I probably didn't do much "from scratch" cooking back then. I used a lot of packages stuff/frozen stuff... they liked pot pies! I used my crockpot a lot for roasts and chicken and noodles etc. Soups too. Potato soup was a favorite with little dumplings in it; I'd make the dumplings with bisquick! Tuna casserole was also a fave of theirs!

I'm still pulling stuff together for this weekend!! I get sidetracked so easily!

Need to think about dinner now that I've made myself hungry talking about food! LOL

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #901
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Vickie - That must of been before my time also. I would love a copy of those recipes.

Angela - Thanks for posting your link. I have a catalog, just wanting to order now. Will have to decide what I want. I wish I could order cupcakes from Ivy also. They all sound delicious.

Linda - I had to laugh because I went back to an actual swap I was in years ago and came across a kit you had put together. So much fun. I still use all of them.

Waiting on the mail to come. They are having a hard time getting around with all the snow. We had flurries all day today but no accumulation which is good. Don't know where we would put any more.

Meljen's Designs
Old 03-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #902
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Imke - I forgot to tell you that I was getting strange comments also on my blog. I went in and decided to go in to my blog and on the settings of comments I chose always under comment moderation. That way it comes to my e-mail before it is posted. Working so far.

Meljen's Designs
Old 03-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #903
Hardware Hotshot

Imke, I use comment moderation as well. But, wordpress seems to allow me to put comment moderation only on the first comment people submit. Once I approve it, any other comments from them are not moderated. It works for me. I just don't approve the spam and it never comes back.

Okay, Vickie pointed out to me that I have been a very, very lazy and bad SS (she's too nice to use those words) and have not posted an acknowledgement or thank you for the SUPER generous parcel she sent me. It arrived last week, two days before Claire's birthday and I was pretty busy. Then, this week I haven't even cracked the door on my craft room to remind me that it's sitting there. I was waiting for time to post a detailed thank you with pictures, but instead I'll just post two a thank you now and hope I remember pictures this weekend.

Vickie, my friend, your package was awesome, delightful and so much fun. You picked some of my favorite types of images and so many new things to play with, bright colors. LOVED IT!! And thank you for the altered items too. I've got a funny story about those, but I'll post it later.

Thank you, thank you...and sorry for not posting earlier.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #904
Stazon Splitcoast

Vickie, your stamp show sounds fun! Likely more fun than I will be having at work, but at least there are no kid activities that I will be missing.

The Cappuccino Chip are really yummy! Not too coffee-ish, so perfect for me. Did I ever tell you the flavors? Here is part of her flyer:

1. Best Birthday:
Golden Buttercake, Chocolate Buttercream, Sprinkles

2. White Wedding
White Cake, Buttercream, Pearls

3. Lemon
Lemon Cake, Lemon Buttercream

4. Raspberry Lemonade
Lemon Cake, Raspberry Buttercream

5. Death By Chocolate
Chocolate Cake, Chocolate Buttercream, Chocolate Ganache

6. German Chocolate
German Chocolate Cake, Coconut/Pecan Frosting, German Chocolate Buttercream

7. Red Velvet
Red Cake w/ Mini Chocolate Chips, White Chocolate Peppermint Buttercream, Mini Chocolate Chips

8. Cappuccino Chip
Coffee Cake w/ Mini Chocolate Chips, Coffee Buttercream, Mini Chocolate Chips

9. Elvis
Banana Cake w/ Mini Chocolate Chips, Peanut Butter Buttercream, Mini Chocolate Chips

10. Peanut Butter
Your Choice of White or Chocolate Cake, Peanut Butter Buttercream, Chopped Peanuts

11. Oreo
Your Choice of White or Chocolate Cake, Cream Cheese Frosting, Crushed Oreos

12. Malted Milk
Light Chocolate Cake with Milk Chocolate Chips, Malted Milk Buttercream, Whoppers

13. Andes Mint
Chocolate Cake, Mint Buttercream, Andes Mint

14. Caramel Apple
Apple Spice Cake, Caramel Buttercream, Caramel Drizzle

15. Pumpkin
Pumpkin Cake, Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting

Heather, I would be happy to share any recipe you would like.

I really liked Joanna's idea about the cupcake truck...wouldn't that be cool and fun? When I was in H.S., 3 girls had a business called "Wheel Treats"; it was a big refrigerated cooler on a bike and they sold ice cream goodies.

Heather, I don't do as much "real" cooking as I should. We usually have something fast and easy...soups in the Crock Pot, tacos, casseroles, spagetti...easy stuff.

No strange comments on my blog....

Tracie, we have had flurries for the past 24 hours with no accumulation.

You can order from the website, or through me. I am still trying to get things figured out...there are a lot of different sites for designers that I am trying to navigate...will have to contact my mentor for help. Is SU! difficult? Or maybe I am just slow to figure it out.... Anyway, I am making a locket to represent both kids and another for myself...maybe a family one too.... Can you tell I like jewelry?! LOL

I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 03-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #905
Watercolor Wizard

Immediately after I posted the idea of a "virtual" card swap--all I could think of is our USPO! They are already shutting down Saturday's here in the USA after August 6th-- I think the PO lady told me...if we quit mailing--next it will be Monday's or Friday's!!!

I missed the outcome of Kathy and her Nana?

I love recipe cards--I was in an alphabet one on SCS Make 28 Keep one of your own for your full alphabet (My letter's were "V" Vegetarian Lasagna and "Z" Zucchini Boats...Everyone stepped up to the plate (pun intended) on this swap and I rec'd 2 full sets in return (sent one set to my sis in AZ)...it was fun. I do have to say that some people do 'freak out' with 28 multiples and didn't put over an ounce of time on their cards--some--not all but some are absolutely outstanding/gorgeous too! It was a fun swap--and they were "real" recipes...

As far as the new style swap goes--I am on board for any ideas! Count me in Tracie! I cannot imagine not being in involved here everyday--you chicks are my pals! <fist pump> Can you tell I was just watching ESPN with Shane? haha

Have a good Friday night everyone! At least the weather has calmed down a bit!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 03-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #906
Hardware Hotshot

Angela: I have to tell you that there is a cupcake truck that parks by the park in the Spring and Summer. She ALWAYS has a line since all the ballplayers want a treat after their games and practices. This year she added snow cones!

I plan to make a necklace to represent my kids too. Can't wait to get my catty!

And oh dear god ... I REALLY want a pumpkin cuppie!
Old 03-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #907
Watercolor Wizard

Angela--Wow thatsa some dessert tray! Pupcakes galore! They all sound so delish--

"Frosted Apron", "Patticakes" had a friend in college w this nickname (plus I have called our Patti Patticakes in emails too!

"A Cupcake in the hand is better than one on the floor" hahaha (working off the 2 birds in a bush theme?) haha

"Monkeycakes" (you could have swinging monkeys with cupcakes in their hands as your logo)

Next we'll see you on Shark Tank (this show is so inspiring to me)

S

Old 03-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #908
Die Cut Diva

All of this sugar talk is making me very hungry!!
Old 03-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #909
Die Cut Diva

And I think I'm getting fatter, so I had better try harder to avoid the sugar. Geez, I'm such a pig.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #910
Stazon Splitcoast

Susanne, you make me laugh! Thanks, I needed that....

Tracie, I was just familiarizing myself with my site (I should be cooking supper) and stumbled across your order...thank you! I can't wait until you get your goodies!

I forgot to tell you all that if you want email info...like news, sales, and such...let me know your email and I will enter it so you get a newsletter. The rest of the catalogs will go out with tomorrow's mail...or I guess Monday's....

Old 03-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #911
Watercolor Wizard

Angela--Omgosh the Origami Owl jewelry is adorable! What a clever idea and gift idea too! It took a few minutes for each category to load--but I did see them all eventually. Do you fill the circles with the individual charms...do they offer spacers in between the charms? I suppose that is something any body can buy to space them out on a necklace...findings "spacers"...the lil' go between things so the charms are not bunch together...Very cute concept!

Old 03-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #912
Stazon Splitcoast

Angie, believe it or not I have lost weight despite all the cupcakes going through here the past month! I am not quite so apt to eat them when we have made dozens and I am tired of looking at them.... I think it could also be a bit of stress contributing to the weight loss, although I have been trying also.

Can't wait for the weather to get warmer so I can get outside! Davis and I will be working on his basketball skills this summer...I'm looking forward to that!

Old 03-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #913
Stazon Splitcoast

Susanne, no spacers...the charms all jumble together. I saw a picture in the catalog where they spelled words...don't know if the space was tight enough to hold them in place or what? I like that you can personalize them...so fun! I told the kids to pick charms to represent themselves....

Old 03-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #914
Die Cut Diva

Wow everyone is so busy on here today. I like the idea of sending a package made from my stash...especially making die cuts to send out. I love receiving them and that would help keep cost down. Also making a card from each kit rec'd is a great idea!! Helps stop me hoarding, and coloring images to send is a great idea too!!

Vickie when you get time I would love a copy of those receipes. I remember thinking I would copy them and didn't do it.

Last edited by patriciae; 03-01-2013 at 04:44 PM..
Old 03-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #915
Die Cut Diva

Angela-From the looks of your profile pic, I don't think you need to lose weight. I hope you're not trying too hard.

Imke-I'm definitely not averse to change. As a newer member of this group, I don't know everything that has been tried/done in the past.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #916
Hardware Hotshot

Alright...finally, I'm here!

I finally cracked the "lock" on my craft room door during Claire's morning nap and took a picture of the package Vickie sent. Her nap didn't last very long and everything was still out on the floor when she woke up. I had to work fast to hide it. As it was, somebody claimed my new wooden stamp. I rescued it later.

Vickie sent me a fabulous package! She stocked my essentials with glue dots, dimensionals and envelopes. Sent me THREE stamps..a house mouse, Studio G cupcake and Mo Manning stamp, more images to play with, beautiful Jillibean soup papers, very cool embellishments that I haven't seen before (Claire wanted those too), plus treats (already opened), a letter opener (have wanted one of these!!) and a cute box with chocolates. Also, a little cupcake notebook that I let Claire have in exchange for my stamp....she likes the glitter, the shape and thumbing through the pages.

Okay, my funny story is...that cute little chocolate box? For the LIFE of me, I couldn't figure out how to open it up...so, decided it must be a one shot deal and I had to break into it...yeah......NOPE!! Just as I tore into the corner, the magnet popped off. OOOOOHHHHHHHH!!! Whoops.

Thank you, Vickie! I love everything!!
Attached Thumbnails
img_2805.jpg  
Old 03-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #917
Stazon Splitcoast

Awesome package Heather.

Where is eveyone?? I've never seen a saturday with this few comments.

I had a dull day, cleaned my stamp room and got most of it cleaned but not the floor. Wow, how does it get so dirty? I also need to go through my stamps and get rid of some that I haven't used in years. I will probably give them to Debra and Denise if she wants them. So happy that she got a new phone. Her other one had broke and she had to wait until it was time to get a new one, otherwise they are too high.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 03-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #918
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
Awesome package Heather.

Where is eveyone?? I've never seen a saturday with this few comments.

I had a dull day, cleaned my stamp room and got most of it cleaned but not the floor. Wow, how does it get so dirty? I also need to go through my stamps and get rid of some that I haven't used in years. I will probably give them to Debra and Denise if she wants them. So happy that she got a new phone. Her other one had broke and she had to wait until it was time to get a new one, otherwise they are too high.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
You're right, Linda. It is quiet.

Sounds like a dull, but nice day in your craft room. I actually crave one of those days right now. I thought your room was just cleaned up for you not too long ago?

I have another room question. I know many of you said you use the Stampin' Scrub. What have you found to be the best way to clean it? I have cleaned mine in the sink with dish soap and run it through the dishwasher (removing it before the heat cycle). But, I find that through the dishwasher it still has residue and I have trouble getting the soap out in the sink. It never feels clean. What else can I try?
Old 03-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #919
Watercolor Wizard

Super nice kit Heather! Kudos to Vickie!!!

Lynne--all this chatter about a change is good--we think and chat about it, ...toss ideas around and we come to a solution. No matter what, it will be fun! We just need to change it up now and again to keep it fresh

Angela--I was over at Farmer Sharon's today (lil' Miss Fawn thee 3rd is quite rambunctious and likes to bite now! YOUCH! She loves her squeaky toys and would come when I called her--and then she fell sound asleep while Sharon and I chatted--I told her about your Origami Owl jewelry too--she wants to see the catty when I get one!

I have gone through all my paper pads and pulled out a few I liked--some are going in the 'who wants em bin'...along with my decorative scissors that I have not used in years! I think I am going to offer them to my class people the next time I am here--I need some fresh new DCVW pads--wish they still came in the 8x8 size at Joann's...but no such luck--however, I noticed ALL of their pads are on sale there--when I asked the clerk she said they are being replaced???? I wonder with what? Or Who is more like it! Brand that is!

Have a good Sunday everyone!

Old 03-03-2013, 12:33 AM   #920
Glitter Guru

Angela- Ivyīs cupcake offer sounds heavely No wonder it is such a success !!

Heather- What a nice kit from Vickie and i hope you find your wooden stamp I clean my scrub pad with my hands, under running water with dish soap. I think its clean enough after that.

Lynne- It should be no reproach. I know that you canīt know how long we do it in this way. But as Susanne says: What change will come - it will be fun

Linda- To clean up itīs a good thing. I've sorted out many of my "Penny Black Clear Stamps" and all "Magolias". I do not use them anymore and would sell them on ebay. Maybe someone else has fun with it.
I have also sold my old "Paper Crafts" Magazine. I have subscription since years. I love them, but after I read it, they just lie around. Now someone has bought 21 magazines- for 3.25 $ each. I think itīs a good deal for everyone- they are like new.

Susanne- To offer the paper pads to your class is a great idea. Maybe someone has interest.

Thanks for your notes about my spam problem on my blog. I have set up the comment moderation. Let's see if it helps.
Closed Thread