Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree88Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #801
Forum Fanatic

Hey Lynn--where ya bynn? !

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-24-2013, 11:32 PM   #802
Gallery Gazer

Susanne- Happy Birthday to Patrick !

Lena- I hope you are feeling better today !

Angela- Mistakes happen. I keep my fingers crossed for the 6 doz. cupcakes !!

Does anyone know anything about Jessica ? I have not heard anything from her.

Slush and thaw here. It's not pretty, where is the spring ?
Old 02-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #803
Hardware Hotshot

Almost couldn't get up my driveway today ... it was VERRRRY exciting driving! Missed the trashcans by thaaaat much! Snow. Ugh.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:16 AM   #804
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Oh Joanna! I can identify! And, it wasn't even bad weather! I drove over a trashcan lid after the trash was picked up, the lids end up helter skelter either in the yard or on the driveway; I really thought I was missing it, but crunch, crunch! Too late to back up after the first crunch? Nope, I did backup only to hear crunch again! Damage already done, so pulled forward...more crunching. Into the garage I go! DH likes things to coordinate...went and bought 3 new trash cans and got rid of the cans that I crunched one lid so they all had to go! LOL

Too late to say good morning, so good afternoon everyone!

Susanne, I just realized I said I was going to post a picture of the cardkit from you and I've not done that yet! BUT, I did get a picture of the pretty wrapping right after I posted that it was received! (will take a pic of content today!!)
Attached Thumbnails
wrapped-goodies-sus-vky.jpg  
Old 02-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #805
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you Imke today hasn't been good for me. I woke up and after a cup of coffee I was ready to go back to bed.

I have an appointment tomorrow with an oncologist so I'll share more with you after that appointment. Sorry I have kept everyone in the dark but hopefully I'll know more tomorrow.

Yes!!!! My DIL mailed Patti's package for me today!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:10 AM   #806
Stazon Splitcoast

JCI! Good afternoon everyone. Lena, hang in there. You know we all have you in our thoughts and prayers. Stay in touch when you feel like it.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 02-25-2013, 11:14 AM   #807

Lena, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #808
Glitter Guru

Aw, Lena. I don't like the sounds of that. But, hopefully news tomorrow is good.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #809

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
I finally opened each little giftie in the cardkit package from Susanne.

Susanne, thank you so much for everything and the great description you included in that sweet mitten card! I won't be able to take a picture until late tomorrow or Thursday morning (depending on what time we get home tomorrow).

BUT, I can sure let you all know what was in all those wrappings so you'll know more about the picture when you see it! Here goes!

Yummy Ghirardelli caramel chocolates (for crafting energy per Susanne!)
Susanne is re-aquainting me with stencils and paste and metallic powder to sprinkle on the paste and a stencil brush! Love that stencil and thanks for including the directions (I'm going to a stamp show March 2-3 and the company that sells Dreamweaver stencils will be there and I'll get to see a demo refresher!)
A square envelope template to fit 5, 5 1/2, and 6 inch cards!
A beautiful 6x6 paper pack
Package of window cards
Gorgeous beads for the letter openers I make...guess what? I'm going to use these beads to make one for me! WooHoo!
2 rolls of ribbon, green brads, and some beautiful white flowers in a tin.

Now I have to ask about the adorable card you sent...I LOVE the felt mittens...is it a die? If so, which company?!! They are soooo cute the way you have them embellished!

Thank you again!
Here are the pictures of the goodies I received from Susanne! Thanks again! Just had to also take a picture of the mailing envelope!
Attached Thumbnails
content-sus-vky.jpg   envy-sus-vky.jpg  
Old 02-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #810

gosh, I gotta share! I got a phone call from my youngest DD yesterday that she went to the doctor on Friday; I'm going to be a grandma again! It really took me by surprise (she is 2 - 3 weeks along). She has 16 year old, a 13 year old, and an 8 year old. She is 39! I didn't jump for joy at first, but the more I think about it and pray that she and baby remain healthy I'm getting kinda excited!
Old 02-25-2013, 02:06 PM   #811
Forum Fanatic

Awe Vickie--glad you like you goodies...make us a stencil card--wanna see what it looks like!

I was going to send the image on the envy to my lil UK/USA swap but at the last minute I picked the Penny Black "Queen of Hearts" image instead...she's funny! I didn't want to scare off the new girl with the Dyllusions image and the 'choice of heads' to use! haha (Just typing that sounds absolutely ridiculous to me!)

Speaking of funny--if anyone wants to laugh--my FB page has the Taylor Smith song--go click on it...someone put exerpts of a screaming goat in segments of her song--God I laughed my rear off every time I click on it!

Lena--we're all with you in spirit {{{{{hugs}}}}

Well, good thing we celebrated Patrick's big day yesterday--he no sooner popped in from school and was out to a hockey game! Poof..gone...Tom's working late and K's out...so I guess dinner at 8pm? Monday's are our pasta night--so unscrew a jaaar'd sauce over manicotti, sprinkle a lil' mozzi chez on top..back 1/2 hour and serve up with garlic bread! Easy peasy! {Alternative: if someone doesn't like this, they boil their own pasta or ravioli} Oh..fyi good tasting marinara sauce is the Vineyard flavor of Bertolli--yummy w/o meat--we all like this quick sauce w/o adding meat to it!

I have all things 1/2 done today--ran out of coffee, ink jet yellow ink (so my printer refused to print, dog food, so it was one of those days that I had to hustle to the store before Muddy expected his dinner! Got home and realized..oopsy..forgot the laundry detergent--oh well, no laundry duty for me tonight! Back to the store tomorrow!

Have a good one everyone! Where's Lynn bin? You okay out there Lynn?

Old 02-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #812
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Oh Susanne you are sooo funny. Glad you survived Patrick's big day.

We are getting ready for yet another snow storm. Not sure if Linda is getting is yet but first time ever, I was told to stay home from work. I am a non-essential staff member. Finally it is paying off. HA! I do have to say kudos to all those nurse though that make it to work no matter what.

Guess I will have time to work on some card kits I need to put together. Always something to do.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Meljen's Designs
Old 02-25-2013, 04:10 PM   #813
Glitter Guru

Lena, keeping you in my thoughts, please keep us posted when you can. {{{HUGS}}}

Vickie, congrats, that is awesome news! I'm so excited for your family. A girlfriend of mine just had her first and she is 42, and all went well. Crossing fingers for your DD and baby, that things will go very smoothly.

Yea for Tracie, a day off is great.

Glad Patrick had a good birthday Susanne. Made me laugh about the laundry detergent, I think I'm going to "forget" it on purpose next time, to give myself a little break. I'm on my 4th load today, got to rope my dh into a "folding party" tonight, he'll be thrilled.

This might be a crazy question, but does anyone like Burger King? Someone gave the kids some gift cards, but we don't eat fast food. I'll send them to someone who wants them. I just don't want to throw them out.

Heather, did Claire have a good birthday? That photo in your avatar is too cute.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:50 PM   #814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
Awe Vickie--glad you like you goodies...make us a stencil card--wanna see what it looks like!
Susanne, I plan to visit the booth that sells the dreamweaver brass stencils and product this weekend; I need to watch the technique step by step, then I'll dive in! And, you have probably started me on a new venture...so I'll be coming home with more of the stencils and things!! You are such a good enabler!

Kathleen, thank you for the good thoughts for my DD and baby-to-be! The daddy is very happy 'cause this is his first! he is soooo good with her kids and treats them as his own.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:01 PM   #815

Weather prediction for our area is ice tonight and tomorrow.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #816
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Curry View Post
Lena, keeping you in my thoughts, please keep us posted when you can. {{{HUGS}}}

Vickie, congrats, that is awesome news! I'm so excited for your family. A girlfriend of mine just had her first and she is 42, and all went well. Crossing fingers for your DD and baby, that things will go very smoothly.

Yea for Tracie, a day off is great.

Glad Patrick had a good birthday Susanne. Made me laugh about the laundry detergent, I think I'm going to "forget" it on purpose next time, to give myself a little break. I'm on my 4th load today, got to rope my dh into a "folding party" tonight, he'll be thrilled.

This might be a crazy question, but does anyone like Burger King? Someone gave the kids some gift cards, but we don't eat fast food. I'll send them to someone who wants them. I just don't want to throw them out.

Heather, did Claire have a good birthday? That photo in your avatar is too cute.

Kathleen if no one else what the gift cards I would love them. My spoiled grandchildren like to get cards from Granny and I try to add things inside they would like.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #817
Stazon Splitcoast

Vicky a new baby how wonderful! Those little precious bundles keep up young and make all the holidays so special! Congrats! Will keep your daughter in my prayers that everything goes smoothly for her.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #818
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you ladies for all your thoughts and prayers. This is so different from when I had Breast Cancer. I was able to keep up my strength and work too. Now I'm lucky if I can walk through the house. It's hard to get enough protein down for energy but I keep trying!
I have not told the Swap thread yet just not sure what to say. I was diagnosed with esophagus cancer 1/3 of my esophagus is affected. The pain started in Oct and has gotten worse through the last couple of months. I have one enlarged lymph node in my chest but everything else looked clear! So hoping tomorrow I'll find out what can be done.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #819

Oh Lena, I'm so sorry to hear this. You are in my thoughts and prayers for you and your family as you take it one day at a time. Hugs dear friend.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #820
Stazon Splitcoast

Lena, you know our house is praying for you and for good news tomorrow. My church is saying special prayers and all members are praying for you. I'm sending lots of HUGS your way to! I am glad to told the wonderful ladies here so they know what you are having to deal with and can include you in their prayers.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member

Last edited by Linda Palmer; 02-25-2013 at 08:09 PM..
Old 02-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #821
Glitter Guru

Oh, Lena! That's terrible news!!! I'm so sorry.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:13 PM   #822
Hardware Hotshot

Oh Lena honey ... I am so sorry to hear about your esophageal cancer. I am definitely keeping you in my thoughts. Praying for a clean test.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #823
Hardware Hotshot

Vickie: That is FANTASTIC about your new grandbaby to be! 39 isn't that old to be having a baby. I had TJ when I was 38. And other than being a bit disgruntled about being termed an "elderly gravida" or being a "geriatric pregnancy," all turned out well. What do you have so far? Girls or boys? What does your daughter want? Ken and I talked about having another one a few years ago. I wasn't able to in the end but one of the biggest discussions we had was how we would go from "get your coat and get in the car" parents to starting back to the beginning!!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:16 PM   #824
Stazon Splitcoast

Vickie, congratulations on the new baby! Your daughter is in my prayers and I think your SIL sounds like a great guy. Is this the one in Texas?

Tracie, they are saying the snow will start around midnight tonight and we should have 8-12 inches. We haven't had much up until now so hope we get the foot and then warms up and melts it away. Happy for you to get the day off.

Hoping we all have power tomorrow.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 02-25-2013, 07:18 PM   #825
Stazon Splitcoast

Joanna, did you have a good birthday?

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 02-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #826
Stazon Splitcoast

Lena,

I am so sorry to hear your news...my heart aches for you. You are in my prayers.

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 02-25-2013, 07:37 PM   #827
Die Cut Diva

Vicki congrats!!! How exciting!! This little one will change everything in that house!!! LOL We are supposed to catch the edge of that storm too...

Lena you're in my prayers...hope you feel stonger tomorrow!!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:38 PM   #828
Hardware Hotshot

I DID have a nice birthday, thank you all for your wonderful notes here. Speaking of cards, Tracie your card came today and Imke ... yours arrived EXACTLY on my birthday. Nicely planned my friend! Thank you both for those.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:06 PM   #829
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
I DID have a nice birthday, thank you all for your wonderful notes here. Speaking of cards, Tracie your card came today and Imke ... yours arrived EXACTLY on my birthday. Nicely planned my friend! Thank you both for those.
I probably sent yours to the old address. Hope not but didn't mail it until the 21st. Glad you had a good birthday.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 02-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #830
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tackertwosome View Post
Kathleen if no one else what the gift cards I would love them. My spoiled grandchildren like to get cards from Granny and I try to add things inside they would like.
Perfect, I'll pop them in the mail to you. Glad someone can use them.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:12 PM   #831
Glitter Guru

Lena, keep us posted when you can. Hoping they can figure out something for you tomorrow. Hate that you are feeling so weak.

Joanna and Patti, thank you for the lovely birthday cards. Love them. Joanna, I have to mail your's still, was going to pm you for your new addy, but have it now from the envie.

Be safe with the snow Linda and Tracie.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:59 PM   #832
Gabfest Goddess

Decided to do a quick check in at work and saw Lena's health news and Vickie's good news, so had to make it a bit longer "check-in".

Lena, thoughts, prayers, love and hugs to you! With all the prayers going up for you, things just have to go well!!

Vickie, congrats on the news of the grandbaby! Will keep mama and baby in prayer that pregnancy goes well and a healthy baby results!

Jo, glad to hear you had a good birthday! Your card is still en route, I hope....

Linda, and Tracie, here's hoping the weather predictions are wrong and you don't get toooo much snow. When I saw the national news tonight, it looked like a big portion of the U.S. was in for blizzard conditions. Stay safe and warm, and we'll hope for a quick thaw for you both! Anyone else in the nasty weather pathway??

gotta get back to the babies....
Old 02-26-2013, 05:16 AM   #833
Forum Fanatic

Vickie--oops, sorry I forgot to say "Congrats" on the new baby --wishing mama/baby a smooth ride through the pregnancy.

Queenie--haha "elderly gravida" or being a "geriatric pregnancy," you are too funny! And as far as another baby was concerned at this house--I still remember the day when Patrick was completely potty trained and I left the diaper bag at home for the first time...there was absolutely no turning back after that day! hahaha Any news on the sale of your house?

Watching the map on TV this moring--we are right on the line--could get all of it or none of it-none means the ocean works in our favor this time...we shall see--it will be here tomorrow morning at this time if it happens!

Kathleen- BK certs...funny how my grown boys still love MickyD's not often but every now and again we see Micky'D's bags on the car floor! --and occasionally Wendy's-but no one seems to go to BK around here. I would have suggested taping it into the next kid bday party you have coming up--but glad Tracie can use em! I refuse to go in our BK--the whole place smells like they clean with one of those "toilet cake bars" --eeek...just an awful smell in the seating area of the restaurant...(like maybe one of the kid's that has floor duty is using the wrong stuff?) Aaaack!

I owe everyone bday cards--so bad here--headed to PO this morning and I am buying stamps! I find that if I have stamps at home--everyone gets cards!!!
Have a good Tuesday!

Old 02-26-2013, 07:05 AM   #834
Glitter Guru

Just got back from the PO myself. Jo's card is postal, Lena's BK gift cards are postal, and finally Heather's kit is on the way (sorry it will be a bit late). The one lady at the PO, working there, had a horrendous cough and kept hacking into a little napkin, luckily I got the other worker. I'm sure germs were spreading like crazy there today, acck!

Going to try to get some cards done today. Haven't had much mojo lately. I just keep cleaning and sorting things out.

Susanne, hope the storm misses you!

Lena, thinking lots of positive thoughts for you as you head to the Dr. today. {{{hugs}}}}
Old 02-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #835
Hardware Hotshot

Pat, your beautiful card arrived. Love those little chickens!

I'm off to the school in an hour to go see Caleb's Science Fair with Ken. Can I just tell you how glad I am that we are done with that project?!! I thought I was going to axe murder him this weekend. He was sooo whiny the entire time, "why do I have to do this?" Between making him finish the project and then asking him to tidy his room, I was in the running for the "worst mother EVER award!"
Old 02-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #836
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Lena - I am so sorry to hear your news. I will keep you in my prayers.

Just finished shoveling another 10 inches of snow. Ugh! I am soooo sore but DH couldn't get in driveway if I didn't shovel. I am always amazed that the (Young) neighbors just watch me and the lady across the street struggle to shovel our driveways. I just laugh. Figure it is my exercise for the week.

I have some good news that my dear friend Vickie probably won't pass on. She has been selected to be on the Twisted Tuesday design team with me. They are very lucky to have her talent.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Meljen's Designs
Old 02-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #837

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclary View Post
Lena - I am so sorry to hear your news. I will keep you in my prayers.

Just finished shoveling another 10 inches of snow. Ugh! I am soooo sore but DH couldn't get in driveway if I didn't shovel. I am always amazed that the (Young) neighbors just watch me and the lady across the street struggle to shovel our driveways. I just laugh. Figure it is my exercise for the week.

I have some good news that my dear friend Vickie probably won't pass on. She has been selected to be on the Twisted Tuesday design team with me. They are very lucky to have her talent.
Awww, Tracie! I'm "blushing!" Thank you so much for your friendship; I am soooo looking forward to my first DT and what could be better than it be with you!
Old 02-26-2013, 02:18 PM   #838
Stazon Splitcoast

Tracie, we only got about 3 inches and by this morning it was melting. Right now there is just a few patches left on the ground. Sorry you are having to shovel again.

Congratulations Vickie!

Kathy, hope you stay away from the postal ladies germs.

Lena, thinking of you.

Patti, so glad you had a few minutes to drop in.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 02-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #839
Hardware Hotshot

Bought a snowblower yesterday. Ken was complaining about his sore back from shoveling and I wasted almost an hour shoveling ... enough is enough! Now if I can only figure out how to use it!

Congrats Vickie. You are going to be fantastic.

Speaking of fantastic ... loved that image you used on your Bugaboo card Kathy! Cute!
Old 02-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #840
Die Cut Diva

So glad my little card made it to your new house Joanna!
Closed Thread