Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree88Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #761
Stazon Splitcoast

Me thinks Susie should not drink wine or munch on chocolate covered pretzel rods! LOL You are too funny Susanne!

Denise, good to see you here...darling pictures of the wee ones! Why do they grow up so fast?

Tracie, I completed my application for Origami Owl today and my "stuff" is on the way! I have never sold anything, so hope I made the right choice...I just know that when I saw the necklace my Mom had and then the catalog, I thought "I have got to get one of these!" Cool stuff and I love the concept of personalizing it! Did anyone see Krista's (Saturated Canary) post about it?

Joanna, great news...that must be a huge relief for you and Ken!

No snow for us yet, but they are already cancelling things! Are we putting the cart before the horse here?

Update on Stamping Bella: I got an email saying that my replacement stamp was in the mail! Yay!

All this printer talk.... I was trying to print a sign for Ivy's cupcake sale the other day and could not get it to work...I was so frustrated! It would print on typing paper and some CS, but not a lightweight CS. It kept jamming in the back and I would have to take off the "back door" to wrestle my paper out of there.... Have no idea how to feed paper through though...it goes in from the front and comes out the front...I have an HP and usually I can run PTI through it. It was probably user error.

Thinking I have to check out the challenges here....

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #762
Watercolor Wizard

Angela--we just caught the tale end of the news and CA/AZ were pounded with snow today--places where snow is not so common--they had to close the golf circuit in AZ (Tuscon) area the flakes were huge as they hustled into the vans to get off the course!!! I am all for 'better to be safe than sorry' with all the strange weather we have been having--if it's a false alarm OKAY...but if they down play it and crazy people go out and drive in it (that should not be)...OY! Our last blizzard--the smartest thing they did was halt the traffic--driving restrictions until 4pm the day after--the plows were able to get their work done and no idiots clogging up the highways! Makes sense to me! But this storm coming is supposed to be a wet snow--dare I say power lines and trees down too? Eeeek! Also, ironically we have had 'weather' on the last 3 weekends--I need to book my class here and can't until I know what is going on this weekend.

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 02-20-2013, 03:47 PM   #763
Hardware Hotshot

Yes, Angela ... they are canceling things left and right here too. So far we don't have much in the way of accumulation. It took a long time to stick. I was in a meeting this afternoon with the tax guy and enjoyed watching the flakes come down from his 6th floor window (beats talking taxes!)

Will you have a link to your Origami Owl stuff Angela. I think it's pretty and wouldn't mind having something but I really don't want to have a party. Do they "do" parties like SU and other home businesses?

Oh gosh Kathy. I laughed when I read about you discovering that you own that die. I do that ALL THE TIME! I have them in the Art Bin box and then, I don't know, forget to take a gander at what's there! I'm such a hoarder!

Susie: All my Arizona friends are posting pictures of the snow on FB. It's a dusting and it's probably all of 39 or 40. It always makes me giggle ... when I think of brrr, I think single digits and negatives.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #764
Stazon Splitcoast

Still no snow.... I'm cuddled up in a blanket with Caramel in my lap.

Joanna, I will have my own website through the company...will link when it is ready.

I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 02-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #765
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
Still no snow.... I'm cuddled up in a blanket with Caramel in my lap.

Joanna, I will have my own website through the company...will link when it is ready.
Can't wait to see it all.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 02-21-2013, 04:12 AM   #766
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Angela - I will wait to hear when you get your website. I am pondering what I want right now with my catalog. Gift or for myself??? Always the question.

Joanna - Congrats on the sale of your house. I'm sure that brings great relief to you.

They are calling for 12-15 inches of snow here. Ugh! We just aren't used to that kind of accumulation here. It is actually thunder and lightening right now and snowing which means 2" an hour. Luckily I took the day off and I am hoping to get all kinds of things done. A friend gave me season one of "Downtown Abby" which I have never watched so I am going to watch all of those. I also hope to finish up a few cards for swaps.

Linda - Hope you are getting ice down there. I think that is worse.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 02-21-2013, 06:00 AM   #767
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

OMGosh Tracie! How awesome! You will LOVE Downton Abbey!

Joanna, glad your house sold; hope all goes well with the closing.

Looks like lots of winter weather starting again in different areas. Wow, that's a lot of snow Tracie! We are supposed to get 2-3" of snow tonight plus about one-tenth inch of ice on top of it by tomorrow morning. If we get the ice, we'll probably lose power. Bummer; we have a generator but the computer stuff isn't programmed into it; only essential things like TV, kitchen appliances, garage door openers, and one bathroom plugins, two kitchen plugins, and living room lights. And, it may not happen...so guess I'm getting ahead of myself!

Need to grab another cup of coffee and fix breakfast; wishing everyone a terrific Thursday!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #768
Stazon Splitcoast

I just now got electricity. We got ice all night and lost power early this morning. The ground is covered with it, covered better than the snow covered it. I am so glad I went grocery shopping yesterday.

Tracie, I need to go get the first season. I saw it when Glenda was here and I loved it. I want to see the entire first and second season. How much snow did you end up getting?

I'm going to get busy and color something.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 02-21-2013, 09:51 AM   #769
Glitter Guru

Tracie- Thanks for your comment for my Cowboy Ralph card from across the hall. I used the DP that i got from you from on of the last rounds

Angela- Way to go ! Good luck with your new business. Canīt wait to see you own homepage.

Joanna- You have finally found a buyer ! That are great news- congratulations. I hope it all works with the handover.

To all who have it cold and lots of snow: Take care and stay warm !!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #770
SCS BRAK Coordinator

I took a break to shovel snow from my Downton Abbey. I am loving it. You girls are right. Thought I would post a few pictures of the snow. I only got half the driveway shoveled. They say another round is coming at 3.
Attached Thumbnails
004.jpg   005.jpg   006.jpg  

Meljen's Designs
Old 02-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #771
Hardware Hotshot

Wow, snow!!! I'm hoping the weather here stays warm for a bit longer. DH's brother and SIL are supposed to come up Saturday for Claire's birthday. Last year, we got a terrible storm the weekend after Claire was born and they had to cancel their trip. Really hoping that doesn't happen this year and we can all celebrate!!

Tomorrow's the official day, but Saturday will be our celebration.

Angela, tell Ivy I wish she could pop on over here so that I could use her talents to help me decorate Claire's cake!!
Old 02-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #772
Hardware Hotshot

I can't believe that Claire is turning one! Geez, you only had her yesterday right?!!

Tracie: you have us beat. We only got about 8 inches. It's super wet, heavy snow though so you can imagine that I was super excited when my neighbor decided to shovel my walk and driveway with his blower. I think I'm going to bake him some pumpkin bread.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #773
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Joanna - I know what you mean. I shoveled, took and break and went back at it. I think my neighbors took pitty on me at the end because I could barely pick up my shovel. They finished the last bit for me. I love seeing people doing nice things for each other at times like this. Now it is snowing again. They are calling for 3 more inches. Ugh! Guess I will go fix dinner.

Meljen's Designs
Old 02-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #774
Watercolor Wizard

Wow Claire is a year old already? Heather...that went by in a flash for us! Happy Birthday lil' Claire--enjoy your day!

So it's true...we are getting all your snow huh? The snow weather guy keeps using (2) different snow maps--and this thing about a "smidgen" of wind going one way or another--Boston will either get a lot...or a lil'/rain...but, of course not us--they are saying 9-12 " last I heard between Sat-Sun here! I am going to buy the munchy things again--cannot count on electricity shopping!

Downton Abbey--I want to say downtown...am I right or wrong--I think I am going to have to watch this--I love Shirley McClaine (but saw her daughter on TV recently (book out) and she said she was a nasty mother to her!!!)

OKay...room question for all of you that do not use embossing ink--do those cleaning pads (like SU sells) work on cleaning your stamps? Do you need the liquid too? When I used perm ink I wash my stamps in the sink with sudsy soap/sponge/water-cleans perfectly...

K and I had an early dinner--like major senior citizen early 4pm today! I feel like it should be 2am right now! Have a nice night--be careful all you shovelers! Stay warm!

Old 02-21-2013, 06:22 PM   #775
Die Cut Diva

Wow lots of snow...we had sleet all afternoon and streets were slick in spots. Hopefully thats it. The temp is supposed to go up overnight so that may save us. Sorry all you snow shovelers.
I love Downton Abbey!!! Started watching at the end of the first season and was able to get the whole season at the library to catch up. Season two was good and three even better. I keep imagining the Biltmore House in Ashville NC. I think they are similar although Downton Abbey (High Clere Castle) is much older. I saw a special on the castle itself, they interviewed the current earl (I think) and lady (duchess)?? They are very happy to have the extra income from having the show filmed there. They said it cost a cool million a year for upkeep. WOW!!! I could buy lots of cardstock with that!!
Susanne Shirley McClaine was in just a couple of episodes at the beginning of season three. She was perfect for the part of Cora's American mother.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:14 PM   #776
Glitter Guru

I have the SU scrub pad and use the SU stamp cleaner. Everythink works perfectly. I am very satisfied. You can say that to your customers- even the german loves it I highly recommend it.

To clean the stamps with water works also but in the cleaner is a substance that makes the stamp supple. I think it's Glitzerin (not sure) but I once homemade stamp cleaner and there was Glitzerin included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
Wow Claire is a year old already? Heather...that went by in a flash for us! Happy Birthday lil' Claire--enjoy your day!

So it's true...we are getting all your snow huh? The snow weather guy keeps using (2) different snow maps--and this thing about a "smidgen" of wind going one way or another--Boston will either get a lot...or a lil'/rain...but, of course not us--they are saying 9-12 " last I heard between Sat-Sun here! I am going to buy the munchy things again--cannot count on electricity shopping!

Downton Abbey--I want to say downtown...am I right or wrong--I think I am going to have to watch this--I love Shirley McClaine (but saw her daughter on TV recently (book out) and she said she was a nasty mother to her!!!)

OKay...room question for all of you that do not use embossing ink--do those cleaning pads (like SU sells) work on cleaning your stamps? Do you need the liquid too? When I used perm ink I wash my stamps in the sink with sudsy soap/sponge/water-cleans perfectly...K and I had an early dinner--like major senior citizen early 4pm today! I feel like it should be 2am right now! Have a nice night--be careful all you shovelers! Stay warm!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #777
Glitter Guru

Tracie- Jo- Susanne- Pat
Oh My goodness, so much snow! Take care of yourselves. A snow shovel does not help much. It only helps machine power

Heather- Unbelievable that Heather celebrate their first birthday! As the times goes by. I wish you a nice day !
Old 02-22-2013, 03:13 AM   #778
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

We have snow! I think only 4-5 inches and it appears to be the fluffy stuff...Paisley was having fun running through it. The kids are hoping to at least go to school late. I have to go to work early to finish up a paper I am writing for the staff...stroke pathophysiology...ho hum.

I have the SU! stamp scrubber...love it.

Heather, I will send Ivy over to help with the cake! She would love that!

Gotta go; everyone have a super day!

Old 02-22-2013, 03:21 AM   #779
Glitter Guru

Happy Birthday Joanna ! I hope you have a great day with your family and friends.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:56 AM   #780
Gabfest Goddess

Happy Birthday, Jo!!

Happy FIRST Birthday to Claire!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 04:24 AM   #781
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Happy Birthday Joanna - Hope you have a good one.

Looks like the nasty weather is moving towards Patti, Vickie and Pat. I am so sore today from shoveling snow. Ugh.

Susanne - I have the SU scrubber and cleaner. I love it but I do admit I clean with just water or Baby Wipes if I am too lazy to pull the scrubber out.

Angela - Our neighbor has a yellow lab and he was having a hay day in the snow yesterday. The dogs are so funny to watch with the snow.

Well today I will watching the Disc 2 and 3 of Season 1 of Downton Abbey. I am really enjoying this but wishing I had the Season 2 and 3 to continue on.

Meljen's Designs
Old 02-22-2013, 04:38 AM   #782
Watercolor Wizard

Have a fabulous day Queenie JO!

Old 02-22-2013, 05:35 AM   #783
Glitter Guru

Happy Birthday Jo! Hope your day is wonderful.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #784
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Happy Birthday Jo! Hope your day is fabulous!

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 02-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #785

Happy Birthday, Joanna!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #786
Stazon Splitcoast

JCI!

Hello ladies I'm sad to say I'm still working on Pattie's kit. I'm going to try and get it out today. I'm very sick and have no strength so please forgive me for running behind. Last couple of weeks have been busy with doctors and test.

Hugs to all!
Lena
Old 02-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #787
Hardware Hotshot

Happy Birthday Joanna!!! We celebrated your day with a birthday breakfast and a trip to playland.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:46 PM   #788
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeOnline View Post
Happy Birthday Joanna!!! We celebrated your day with a birthday breakfast and a trip to playland.
I love your avatar with that darling photo of Claire.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 02-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #789
Watercolor Wizard

I was going to check out the LOVE challenge tonight--looked at the member companies and realize I don't own any other than...who is the skinny lady brand---anyway>..boo hiss...I wish they posted what you could use before the challenge--so you can plan something in advance...

The neighbors that are having the housewarming are not getting too many of my neighbors on my block--so far maybe 4 of us? There is an older couple at the end of our street--but they are always busy/traveling or going to things--if they go it would be 6 of us! I wonder if the weather is really bad--if they will have it...guess I should email the hostess huh? If the weather is bad, my desserts are going to need a 'ride' over!

Rented; Won't Back Down...so off I go! Have a great night everyone

PS. Imke you are funny "the German" haha! I'll say, not only does this Lithuanian say it's good...my friend the German thinks its terrific too!

Old 02-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #790
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Birthday, Joanna!!!

Sorry I am late to the party...I hope you had an awesome day!

Happy Birthday to our "stamper in training", Claire!!!

Old 02-22-2013, 10:17 PM   #791
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
I love your avatar with that darling photo of Claire.
Thank you, Linda! That's Donkey. He hangs out with Bunny and Lamby.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:05 AM   #792
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

So how was Claire's birthday?? Yes, it seems she should still be a tiny baby! They grow to fast!

Patti I have your package all packed and ready to go. I fell asleep and when I woke up it was to late to get it to the post office yesterday. I promise it will go out on Monday!
Old 02-23-2013, 06:24 AM   #793
SCS BRAK Coordinator

For anyone interested, Scrapping Memories is having a sale that ends at midnight tonight. They have alot of cute digital images. I had made the mistake of ordering the SVG files which didn't work for me. So she gave me a refund and I then ordered digitals. She was sooo nice. My mistake so she really didn't have to issue a refund. Anyway she has lots of digitals for .50 - .77 which is a real bargain.

Going to a one year anniversary sale at the LSS where I teach classes. Hope to find some goodies for the girls on my list.

Meljen's Designs
Old 02-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #794
Watercolor Wizard

Hello Ladies...I am home from our soiree at the new neighbor's house! Wow, pretty house and it is all very custom built inside--a very open, wooded feel like a fancy ski lodge with high ceilings and open spaces...No cobwebs!!! haha And everything is just perfect! The one thing I noticed is the kitchen counter (huge long divider from kitchen to dining area--great entertaining counter) is lower than my hip...then I realized the couple that lives there are both fairly short people Ahhh!! This is the one thing I would have to change if I lived there! haha...They loved the cookies (made a new recipe from the Betty Crocker site) "Chocolate Chip baby cookie cakes" (made in my mini muffin tins-doctored up with a second helping of a mixture of cc, pecans, brown sug, egg, vanilla and sent back to the oven to bake!)-- and the chocolate covered pretzels...big hit! Very nice people--also met some other neighbors up the street--and two very young couples that just bought brand new houses! I guess I have to think back when Tom and I bought our first house--we were YOUNG once too--but not nearly the size of their first homes! It was nice to say goodbye and be home (walking) in 3 minutes!

We were teasing Shane that he might have to come pick us up because of us getting obnoxiously rip- roaring drunk and passed out on their front lawn...but that didn't happen! hahahaha (no Susie spilling the wine on the new carpet at this event!) Oh well...There's always next time!

My baby Patrick turns '18' on Monday--we got him a fishing rod/reel, lottery ticks, some other goodies--he wants Steak for dinner tomorrow--so far so good--no snow here yet!

Hope everyone is having a nice Saturday night!

Old 02-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #795
Stazon Splitcoast

Sounds like you had a nice evening, Susanne!

We traveled for volleyball today. My backside didn't like sitting on bleachers for 7 hours! We got home after supper and had to make a batch of cupcakes to go out tomorrow...it was a fiasco.... They were Red Velvet and Ivy thought the batter tasted "funny"...I tasted it and thought it had a bit of a "tang" to it. I don't eat the batter, so I just thought it was the sour cream in it. Then she was making frosting which has melted white chocolate in it. She nuked that for too long and burned it. It was grainy and gross, so had to be tossed out. When they were done, we decided to share a cupcake...they were a little zippy.... I finally figured out what she had done...she had used lemon pudding in the batter instead of vanilla. I told her to go to the garbage and look at the box; of course she argued, but it was lemon. I could've throttled her! I am constantly hearing "I don't need you, I can do it". I just wish she would be a bit more gracious and accept help when it's offered. Tomorrow we need to make 6 dozen...5 different flavors. I am hoping for no mistakes!

Old 02-23-2013, 09:50 PM   #796
Gabfest Goddess

Sounds like everyone has had a fun Saturday night, baking, house warming partying! I'm at work, and had to stop in across the hall to let the image swappers know that I finally got those March images into the mailbox, even though they won't actually get started out to you til Monday morning!

Angela, I remember the days of sitting on volleyball bleachers. Rachel played VB from 5th grade throughout college. Ouch, my sympathies with your sore bottom!! Ah, and teenagers...don't you remember when you were a teenager and knew everything???

Happy 18th birthday to Patrick! Hey, Sus, pretty soon you won't be having any more teenagers...they will be twenty-somethings! Dang, aren't you getting up there in years?

Lena, PLEASE do not worry about getting my February kit out! Whenever is just fine. With my being on vacation and away from home for 10 days, I haven't had time to do anything with my kits anyway. I sure hope you are feeling better and stronger!

Heather, I agree with Linda--the picture of Claire and donkey in your avatar is so cute!! Claire gets cuter and cuter with age! (Wish we all did!)

Jo, where did I miss that your old house sold? Congratulations! What a relief to not have to worry about 2 mortgages!

Tracie, I had to giggle at your comment about the stamp scrubber, when you said that you are sometimes too lazy to pull the scrubber out and just use water or baby wipes...I do the same thing!!!

My visit here will need to be short....babies need meds and feeding...

Wishing you all a warm, sunny Sunday free of snow shoveling!

Last edited by MommaPatti; 02-23-2013 at 09:51 PM.. Reason: wrong kid
Old 02-24-2013, 05:14 AM   #797

JCI to say good morning and to wish everyone a super, sunny Sunday!
Old 02-24-2013, 12:51 PM   #798
Stazon Splitcoast

How awesome that you didn't spill wine on the carpet Susanne! lol!! You are so much fun and tell such great stories. I hope Patrick has a great day and loves his gifts.

Angela, so sorry for the kitchen problems. We have a 13 yr. old granddaughter who sometimes get a little attitude so know what it is like with that age. Ivy is very adult about a lot of things but sometimes the child pops through. Good luck with the 6 doz. cupcakes.

Patti, looking forward to your image. I know it will be great. I hope your day is great when you get off work.

Lena, don't worry about us, just take care of yourself. You are in my prayers.

Tracie, can't wait to see your card.

Vickie, good afternoon to you. Hope all of you have had a great day.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 02-24-2013, 06:49 PM   #799
Watercolor Wizard

Well we woke up to NO SNOW! HUH? Actually I woke up against my will at 5:30am because Muddy must have been having a doggie dream--he does this thing...stands on my side of the bed and wacks his tail next to the bed--no cute sweet puppy kisses...more like "hey, get up" wack-a-mole! So out I go with him, flip the coffee pot switch and as he is all set and I am sipping coffee--my eyes are starting to fall back asleep! Tom got up and I said, no snow until later...off to take a lil' power nap!

When I got up at 11 or so--snow was abound--huge flakes...the grocery store was empty (lovin' this part)...we celebrated Patrick's pre-birthday and he got some goodies! Then, as soon as we were done with singin' HB to him..he took off to baseball and Tom drove Shane back to school! <you know those speeded up reels of life going by--it was a blur here!>

I saw that comment Patti--Yes, I can no longer say I have "children under the age of 18" but they'll always be my babies! I made Patrick gimme a hug today--I felt so petite...he's like 6.3 and his shoulders are as wide-- the front of an old Buick bumper! Yeesh!

Angela--no matter how much you do for your darlin' chickies...they push the limit is all I have to say--better luck tomorrow--how long do you have the "Cupcake" event going for? Dare I ask if you ship to Boston? <smiles>

Old 02-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #800
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeOnline View Post
Thank you, Linda! That's Donkey. He hangs out with Bunny and Lamby.
Verrrrrrrrry adorable photo!

Closed Thread