Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree88Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 10:11 AM   #41
Glitter Guru

Imke those pictures are gorgeous. I wish I could see it in person, the lights are so pretty.

I'm sure glad Christmas is over. The stuff with the kids is fun. But having company is exhausting for me (truth be told I don't enjoy it). Cooking and cleaning. Then while the company is here I'm running ragged getting things out and served, loading and unloading the dish washer etc. I think I got spoiled when we went away at Thanksgiving, cause that's always the same thing, lol!

We had a small Christmas miracle here, lol! I "think" Lilah is fully potty trained. Don't want to jinx myself, but it's been about a week with no accidents. Finally! So good to get rid of diapers around here!

Linda, that is funny about Glenn's favorite shows. Earphones sound great for you. My dh usually watches his sports shows in the basement, and I just stay upstairs, since I'm not that big of a sports show fan.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas yesterday!

Will fill out my questionnaire, soon.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #42
Die Cut Diva

Today was a planned day off for me but its back to work tomorrow. The plows that are scraping the streets push the snow across my driveway so this afternoon I went out to shovel the end of my drive. Not tooo bad. I think I shoveled just enought so I can get my car out in the morning. Once that mess turns to ice this evening I won't have a chance. Oh well. I called work to see if everyone made it in and only one girl was there besided our supervisor. WOW Hope more make it tomorrow. I'll sure try to be there.

Kathy congrats on the potty training...life will surely be better for all involved!! I agree with you also on Imke's photos. She posts them for us every year and they are just beautiful. Thanks Imke!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-26-2012, 01:53 PM   #43
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh my I hope I haven't been holding everyone up?! So sorry! I tried to read back through some of your post but I've had a BAD headache all week. When you think you have no more tears you seem to find more.

I'll get my list posted in just a few minutes going to try and read some more post so I get it right!

Thank you Linda for the link. That Lemon Pecan pie sounds so delicious. Yum! I'm going to try that one for sure!

Imke those pictures look like something you would see on a postcard!

Thanks Tracy for hostessing this round for us!
Old 12-26-2012, 01:58 PM   #44
Stazon Splitcoast

You are fine Lena. We don't ship to our SS of the month until Feb. so you have the whole month of Jan. So glad you are joining us this round. There are so many I still haven't had as a SS so the round after this one will be really interesting for me and I got a few new names this time as well as some old friends. It is going to be another fun round.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 12-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #45
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart Lena - card making likes

Cardmaking Likes:

1. adhesive gems and pearls of all kinds with or without flourish
2. Dies and punches
3. 6x6 paper pads
4. ribbon, lace, tulle, twine etc.
5. dimensionals
6. Charms

Cardmaking Dislikes:

1. Fibers

2. flat stickers

3. eyelets

4. chipboard

Birthdate:

July 19th

What is your favorite color?

If you can't tell it's RED ! lol But I'm not picky other colors are fine too!

Favorite Designer of Patterned Paper (i.e. Bo Bunny)?

I love two-sided DP because you can usually use the other side to coordinate your DP paper.

Favorite stamp company or images you would like to try?

Northwoods, Magnolia, Penny Black, Whipper Snapper, Inky Antics, Stampendous

Is there a small stamp company that people are not aware of that you would like to receive from?

Just for fun, your favorite snack or treat?

Oh my goodness that's the problem I like them ALL!

Coffee or Tea?

Coffee and herbal teas

Hobbies?

Cardmaking, reading, canning,

What challenge/goal would you like to meet this year?

I want to lose 20 more pounds! Maybe 30 after this week!

Any special info your Sis should know?

I don't scrapbook!

Last edited by tackertwosome; 01-01-2013 at 09:13 AM..
Old 12-26-2012, 03:59 PM   #46
Glitter Guru

Cardmaking Likes:
1. patterned papers
2. bling and pearls
3. ribbon

Cardmaking Dislikes:
1. eyelets
2. fibers
3. chipboard

Birthdate: 2/9

What is your favorite color? red, pink, and orange

Favorite Designer of Patterned Paper (i.e. Bo Bunny)? MME, Echo Park, BoBunny, Lily Bee, PTI

Favorite stamp company or images you would like to try? Love Verve, PTI, MFT, Stamping Bella, LOTV, Magnolia..... Pretty much love it all. I also use digis a lot, too.

Is there a small stamp company that people are not aware of that you would like to receive from? Not that i can think of

Just for fun, your favorite snack or treat? Dark chocolate (it's healthy right? LOL!)

Coffee or Tea? coffee, strong coffee

Hobbies? reading, cooking, watching reality TV, hanging with the kids, surfing pinterest

What challenge/goal would you like to meet this year? Would like to do a little more scrapbooking. And lose weight!

Any special info your Sis should know? Not that I can think of. Just ask if you want to know anything, I'm pretty open! Love this group and all of the friendships I've made here.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:34 PM   #47
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

JCI to say hello! Lots of snow here in my corner of the world; no mojo lately; DH took me to Archivers (a 2 hour drive one way) today; was disappointed in most of the product is still Christmas related. I did get some masks to use with glimmer mists and an embossing folder called Brush Poinsettia and Winter Berries set, a mini movers and shapers holtz cardinal and poinsettia die and a beautiful spellbinders die called majestic elements, resplendent rectangles. AND, a little shopping for the group 2 February sister, Heather!

Wishing everyone a fabulous evening.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #48
Watercolor Wizard

Linda--my craft room is down in the basement as you know--my "dungeon"... but I do the same thing--play tunes on my stereo (nothing fancy) or watch TV/Movies on my computer screen! Love it because I have the best seat in the house--until I turn around and see the mountain of laundry that needs tending! Aaargh...I tell ya, with just having Shane home-the laundry has doubled? How is that-1 kid double the laundry? <shruggin' shoulders> Anyway, I thought for sure I'd get an Ipod for easy listening this year from Santa..but no go-will have to ask for it for my Bday--I want to listen to books while I work!!!

Ya don't wanna be on the bad side of Judge Judy--her comments cut like a knife and she'll call you a liar (scream it at you)..haha Yikes! I ordered a stamp-from AE today (girl on swing) from Unity/Phillis Harris--going to ck it out on line! I saw the owner of AE in the store and brought her over to her display--inquired about these cute-cute images and how come there are no stamps--so she is going to reorder the batch of them!!! This is the 3rd time when I asked for something she went and ordered it!!! I feel kinda like a big shot huh? hahaha...But she designates an entire section to the grungy stuff and those scary big crooked heads with skinny legs/arms eeeek and dark eyes halloweenish people stamps-she needs more cute stamps is what I say! Even up the stock a bit...

Off n running!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 12-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #49
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Linda - I have to tell you my pie was a success. Everyone loved the lemon pecan pie. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Vickie - I know what you are saying about no mojo. I just put all my Christmas paper/stamps in a box and took to the basement. Now what??? Well I do have several challenge cards to work on, just not feeling it right now.

Susanne - I have often thought of creating a space in the basement but it is cold down there. Brrrr.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 12-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #50
Stazon Splitcoast

Tracie, glad the pie turned out for you. Everyone fought over mine, had to cut tiny pieces of it to make sure the ones who wanted some got a little bite. It is very good and does not sound like it would be but it is very yummy.

Susanne, wish I had another room to use or a basement. We have a small 2 bedroom house and it was the only room I could use. Have to use the extra bedroom for guests and we never used the dining room. We always used the big table in the kitchen so that is why I made the dining room my craft room. It is just a few feet from our living room TV. The new wireless earphones are working out great.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-27-2012, 08:45 PM   #51
Die Cut Diva

Linda glad you found a way to work near all the noise!!
I made several cards yesterday using Graphic 45's "A Ladies Diary" wow with that paper the cards pretty much make themselves!!
Roads weren't bad on my way to work this morning but getting my car out of the garage and down the driveway was a trick. Now that Christmas is over I'm ready for spring!!
Old 12-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #52
Die Cut Diva

Cardmaking Likes:

1. 6x6 or 8x8 paper pads
2. Matching ribbon, gems etc
3. I love die cut pieces in colors ready to use!
4. Charms

Cardmaking Dislikes:

1. I love it all!

Birthdate: October 15th

What is your favorite color?

When making cards I use a lot of red or teal colors.

Favorite Designer of Patterned Paper (i.e. Bo Bunny)?
Right now I love Graphic 45 and Teresa Collins.

Favorite stamp company or images you would like to try?

I'm trying to get away from so many stamps of children, I still love them but want to make cards with flowers or other images.

Is there a small stamp company that people are not aware of that you would like to receive from?

Just for fun, your favorite snack or treat?
I'm easy to please here...I like most anything.

Coffee or Tea?

Coffee and herbal teas

Hobbies?

Cardmaking, reading, love to spend time with friends & family

What challenge/goal would you like to meet this year?

I want to use more of the items I have and not spend so much on new stamping supplies.

Any special info your Sis should know?
Old 12-28-2012, 07:51 AM   #53
Stazon Splitcoast

One of the reasons we bought a small house was so that when I retired I would not have so much cleaning and up keep and could enjoy myself. My biggest problem is I took up stamping and scrapbooking after we moved here. We lived in the country on 100 acres with 3 ponds and the house was large with three bedrooms. All of the rooms were very big. It would have had a perfect room for crafting, I used it for the grandkids playroom but could have used it for crafting. When you are my age you don't really want to spend all your time cleaning. You will find you can't do as much as you used to in a day and you wear out easier, so the small house. This was property owned by my MIL mother of husband Frank that died 4 years before I met Glenn. We made the decision to move to a smaller house. The Grandkids weren't to happy as they loved it there, they could go fishing everytime they came out in summer and spring. My MIL and I were close and she told us to stay after Glenn and I got married and we did stay for 5-6 years.

I don't know why I got off on that information.

Hope you are all having a great day. I think I am going to try to use one of my kits today. I also intend to read and maybe go to Dillards and buy me some new gloves. I can't find my favorite pair.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-28-2012, 08:05 AM   #54
Hardware Hotshot

I'm kinda with you Pat on the wishing for Spring. I usually LOVE cold weather but this year it's brutal. My hands have been hurting so much that they wake me up in the middle of the night. It's my diabetes. Last night I wore socks on my hands and I actually slept better than I have since we moved up the hill. I guess that I don't care that I look like an idiot if I can sleep.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #55
Die Cut Diva

Joanna I didn't know the diabetes would cause that with your hands. Would sleeping with a heat pad help??
Old 12-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #56
Watercolor Wizard

QueenieJO...I once sat in a dentist chair (awaiting a new shiny crown for my tooth) and the asst offered me some heated mitts to wear while sitting there? Can you tell I have never had a manicure/pedi...anyway--she said they use them in spa's and places that do manicures...You should look into these mitts--wow, I thought that was a nice lil' hand softening treatment while I was being "tortured" hahahaha

Linda--we love hearing your stories--I don't know if I would ever move my dungeon studio upstairs if these kids ever move away--I would still love to have a guest bedroom so visitors could come as they please and not have to sleep on one of our couches! At least that is one of my dreams! Of course the kids can come back to visit too!

Old 12-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #57
Watercolor Wizard

FYI: Just today I received an email from Absolutely Everything my LSS as most of you know--they hosted the 12 Days of Christmas sale for the last 12 days--now she is putting on an ON LINE sale...I forwarded the email to Angela and Linda so far..anyone else want it? It's exclusive for on line folks...so I am sure she will have good stuff-- Let me know and I zip it to you (need your email) so PM me if you would like--I'll be on later--need to run to walmart for dish soap--since I am the dishwasher person right!

Old 12-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #58
Hardware Hotshot

I don't know if a heating pad would help or not Pat. I guess I'd be worry that I'd burn my hands. Can you do that?
Old 12-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #59
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
I'm kinda with you Pat on the wishing for Spring. I usually LOVE cold weather but this year it's brutal. My hands have been hurting so much that they wake me up in the middle of the night. It's my diabetes. Last night I wore socks on my hands and I actually slept better than I have since we moved up the hill. I guess that I don't care that I look like an idiot if I can sleep.
Joanna, is it like the feet problem that Scott, Gregg and Glenn have due to their diabetes? Their feet burn and hurt. I'll bet it is the same thing but affecting your hands. I feel for you as I've seen the pain they have.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-28-2012, 06:14 PM   #60
Watercolor Wizard

Do any of you know a company that sells the bow die? I found Lil' Inker Designs--but its a different bow die then I saw at AE (they are out of them)...was just looking on line--very cute bows!

Old 12-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #61
Hardware Hotshot

Probably Linda. Holy cow ... I didn't know that so many of your family was affected by diabetes! That really stinks.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #62
Hardware Hotshot

Sus: I'm pretty sure that MFT has one. I've considered buying one and I think I saw it there.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:23 AM   #63
Glitter Guru

Hi, just checking in. I just got a headache and I can not concentrate.

Linda- We also have a small house and i like it. Sure i always said one more room would be better but it is like it is, right ?

Jo- I hope your hands are feeling better.

Susanne- I saw a bow die here but it is sold out at the moment.

Pat- Stay safe with all these ice raining and snow.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:43 AM   #64
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Susanne - I have the MFT bow die. Got it at my local LSS. Love it. I could cut you some out. Just let me know what colors you want. I really like it. Or I could buy you one when I go next Friday using my 30% coupon.

I am ready for spring also. Not a big fan of cold weather.

Meljen's Designs
Old 12-29-2012, 04:51 AM   #65
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Hey Susanne - I found this tutorial and pattern for a bow. Really cute. You can go to it HERE . A little down the blog, you will see a place to go for the paper pattern.

Meljen's Designs
Old 12-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #66
Stazon Splitcoast

Great, now I want that bow die. Tracie if you will get me one I'll send you a check. I also like the free template which I will use for sure. I haven't seen any of the bows in use on blogs I visit but now I am going looking for them. I like how you can match paper etc. I'll also check the other die companies and see if I can find one. Susanne, thanks so much for the AE news letter. I am sending a small order. I really envy you girls that can go shopping off the internet and in real stores.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-29-2012, 10:45 AM   #67
Hardware Hotshot

(grin) Yeah, I know. Now I want that die!!
Old 12-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #68
Hardware Hotshot

Awwww, come on!! Now I need one too!
Old 12-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #69
Die Cut Diva

Me too!! I want the smaller one that fits on a card!!
Old 12-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #70
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Linda - I will definitely get you one. Anyone else that wants one, just let me know. They are $24.95 less 30% and there are 2 sizes that come with the die. Here is what the die looks like. And HERE is where I made a card using the smaller bow. So cute.

Meljen's Designs
Old 12-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #71
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
Joanna, is it like the feet problem that Scott, Gregg and Glenn have due to their diabetes? Their feet burn and hurt. I'll bet it is the same thing but affecting your hands. I feel for you as I've seen the pain they have.
My Tom's feet burn sometimes--because of frostbite when he was a kid--all those years on hockey skates (he and Patrick never wore socks under their skates)--I know..gross and I don't even want to mention the smell of them after a game or outing) EEEGADS Heaven help us--I used to drive home from the rink with every window wide open in our ol' mommivan! But anyway, Tom would go barefooted until I bought him a pair of loose slippers to wear around the house in winter!

Old 12-29-2012, 01:41 PM   #72
Watercolor Wizard

Wow look at the hooplah I have created! I will be buying a bow maker--saw them about a month ago at my AE...she's restocking--thanks everyone-for your input(s)! I think they are a must have--Imke...I saw them on that site too--after Googling them!

Arent' they adorable? It's on the top of my wish list to use my gift certificates from Santa!

Room Question: Be honest now...Would any of you like to receive a gift certificate instead of a "main feature" in your goodie package? Let's say we went to one of your favorite sites mentioned...and we sat there twirlin' our hair trying to figure out what to buy for you ...we have ribbon, paper, doodads...all lined up but NO main WAHLAH stamp set or die chosen...Would you all like to receive a gift certificate instead to choose something you like? Then you show off what you bought with it? Just a thought--some of us have a lotta stuff from certain companies and the hair twirlin' part comes from me personally...making sure I buy you something different or on the spot...So, shall we talk about this?

The reason I ask is because Tom always wants to give me something and when I ask for a gift certificate he gets all crabbypants about it--I have to assure him that the pleasure of me being able to romp around on line and buy EXACTLY what I want is more fun then him sitting in below zero weather at a hockey game! So, I just thought I would put that out there for you all...

Old 12-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #73
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclary View Post
Linda - I will definitely get you one. Anyone else that wants one, just let me know. They are $24.95 less 30% and there are 2 sizes that come with the die. Here is what the die looks like. And HERE is where I made a card using the smaller bow. So cute.
I'll PM you.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #74
Stazon Splitcoast

LOL OMG this is too funny now we all want one!!!!! Just how many do you think they are going to let Tracie get with one 30% off?????? Poor Tracie!

Yes, I was hooked had to go watch the video as I've never heard or seen it before! Pretty awesome.

ENABLERS TO THE CORE! he he he

Susanne as for an answer for you I don't do a lot of on-line shopping. I'm always afraid my debit/credit card with get hacked or whatever it's called. That just happened to a friend of mine. She ordered something on line and a couple days letter she gets an e mail her debit card had been hit! So that would be great for me! I don't think I'm in your group but that's my 2 cents worth!
Old 12-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #75
Stazon Splitcoast

Susanne, I am not in your group either but it would be fine with me. I am always asking Glenn for a gift card rather than a gift but he only gave me one a couple of times. He doesn't think it is a good gift, and good grief I would rather have one than what he picks out most of the time. With the ladies here, you all have great taste and I have always loved everything I've received. This year I told him get me wireless earphones please and he did plus a bottle of Chanel #5.

Lena, I do shop online through a paypal account. It is easy to open and hook to a credit card or bank account and I only shop at the places that are safe but it is a worry. Paypal is supposed to be safe. I only have one scrapbook store in Owasso, OK which is 45 min away and the rest are over an hour away and some are 40 min. apart in Tulsa and I don't drive in large cities anymore. The traffic drives me crazy. I drive to Owasso about once a month but they carry no dies and only certain brands. I have a Hobby Lobby but they hardly carry any spellbinders anymore.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #76
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Probably Linda. Holy cow ... I didn't know that so many of your family was affected by diabetes! That really stinks.
Yes, son, hubby and SIL all are diabetics. I have a hard time keeping Glenn eating right, he rarely does, and he takes insulin shots. He is very good about not eating bread and potatoes, but pie, cookies and cake, he is very bad.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #77
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda I'm in the same boat! No local places to shop. There is a Michael's and a Hobby Lobby about 45/50 minutes away. But I don't go very often.

Where you order your card stock let me mail a check to them but it took so long to get my order. I was happy when it arrived!

A friend of mine make peanut brittle and sells it at Christmas. She also makes it with Splenda Blend and it is awesome! I ordered some for my Boss and sister n law who are diabetics. I also got a bag for us and it is so good hard to believe it was made with Splenda!!!!!
Old 12-29-2012, 06:36 PM   #78
Stazon Splitcoast

That peanut brittle sounds awesome. That is Glenn's favorite candy.

Lena, you ask in the other thread about my Copic coloring book. I am coloring images with some of my favorite color combos and putting them in a Smash book. I was going to make one out of a journal but remembered I had an extra Smash book. A journal will work fine, I just want to keep a record of my fav combos as I forget what the numbers are sometimes. I think it will be fun.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-29-2012, 06:37 PM   #79
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclary View Post
Hey Susanne - I found this tutorial and pattern for a bow. Really cute. You can go to it HERE . A little down the blog, you will see a place to go for the paper pattern.
Tracie I downloaded this template but it looks so big so I downsized it 75% on my printer and it is the perfect size. I put a piece of thinnner type cardstock in my printer and WOW its a perfect size for cards!!
Thanks!!
Old 12-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #80
Stazon Splitcoast

Imke, hope your headache is much better.

Kathy, congrats on Lilah being potty trained. That is always good news.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Closed Thread