Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree88Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #681
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

*Squeal* I'll be on the lookout, Susanne!

Tracie, glad your unit won the chocolate contest! I really had not doubt that's how it would turn out! So much for chocolate covered bacon, huh? !! I doubt that I would ever fix it, but if someone put it in front of me, I would sure try it!

Had a great Valentine's Day, Lynne! Hope you did too.

My DH gave me a Mickey Mouse card (he knows that MM was my first love!) And, DH always put a little cash inside; now don't faint..I didn't buy any craft goodies with the cash...bought a new pair of shoes! (well, with the "left over" cash I did get some ribbon and a few other little thingies!) Then, DH and I went out for dinner!

I need to style my hair and put on some makeup; I'm thinking we need to go out for dinner again tonight!

Hope everyone has a fabulous Friday evening.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #682
Stazon Splitcoast

Vickie, I love the card on your blog..oh so beautiful. I tried to comment but that stupid word recognition and I don't get along..I tried 6 times and gave up. The funny thing is that I thought I was making sure each letter was right, anyway I love that card and can't wait for the tutorial.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 02-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #683
Stazon Splitcoast

We are going to our Church Valentine party tonight. It's theme is the Love Boat. We have a catered dinner, games and lots of fabulous door prizes. It is always a lot of fun, the food is good, great company and fun times. Last year we played the Newlywed game and Glenn and I were contestants, guess what we did not win..lol!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 02-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #684
Hardware Hotshot

Linda: Ken and I played "The Newlywed" Game after we had been married two years. Ken got all his answers right, and I got almost all of mine wrong. Yikes. Goes to show you who pays more attention to our relationship! PS, I hate word recognition. Who made that up anywho?!!

Vickie: My sister got a card from her husband where he scribbled out all the words inside and wrote, "forget the mushy stuff, look money" It was amusing.

TJ has determined that he'd like to join the choir (or "chore" as he pronounced it when he read the notice that came home) They meet every Tuesday / Thursday at 7:30. We'd have to leave the house at 7:00 to do it. Ugh. I don't wanna, does that make me a bad mom?!!
Old 02-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #685

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
Vickie, I love the card on your blog..oh so beautiful. I tried to comment but that stupid word recognition and I don't get along..I tried 6 times and gave up. The funny thing is that I thought I was making sure each letter was right, anyway I love that card and can't wait for the tutorial.
Thanks Linda. You know, I don't like that word verification thing either; I'm going to try and take it off; thought I had turned it off awhile back, but seems it's still there. I know a lot of blog challenges ask that it is not turned on, also.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #686

Linda, I just took a look and your comment is there!
Old 02-15-2013, 03:52 PM   #687
Glitter Guru

LOL, you are funny Joanna, I'm like that too. What time the practice is always makes a difference.

I cannot read the new word verification at all. The words looked skewed to me, slanted to one side or something and all overlapping. I thought it was my eyes.

I just peeked at the new PTI release. Ugh, shouldn't have looked. I need the barrette maker die. My head is spinning with ideas for that one. I need a few c/s and ribbon colors, too. So looks like a big purchase is coming. LOL!

Linda, thank you for the gorgeous birthday card. It's funny you and Tracie used the same stamp and they both are beautiful and so different! Love your coloring and layering. Did you cut the sentiment on your cameo? Thanks so much!

Vickie, have fun going out to dinner! Linda, enjoy your Valentine party!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 02-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #688
Stazon Splitcoast

Vickie, that is funny that it showed up cause it kept taking me back to a new word verification. I have it turned off on mine and never had any problems.

Glad it finally arrived Kathy and happy that you liked it. No, that is a die from somewhere, I think the company that does blue dies. I didn't have my birthday list so that is why it was so late...but now I have a list.

Joanna, NO that does not make you a bad Mom. I understand completely.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 02-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #689
Glitter Guru

<checks to make sure the baby's not going to fall off anything too high>

<runs into thread to glance at messages>

Barrette maker!!!!!

<runs out to check PTI site>
Old 02-16-2013, 04:42 AM   #690
Gallery Gazer

Tracie - Congrats that your unit won the contest. Iīm sure everything was delicious !

Joanna- Yet more activity on the calendar, what ? You are a GOOD mom- I would let him participate too

Kathy- Itīs always dangerous to take a look at Papertrey Ink !! LOL The BIRD and BLOOMS anniversary set looks very nice. But you can only buy it with reward points and i donīt have any. I think the barrets are perfect for Lilah and her girlfriends.

Susanne- Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your new puppy friend
Old 02-16-2013, 05:02 AM   #691
Gallery Gazer

Default Mail Call

I know my month is March but I got my Card Kit Shower from Patti today !! I'm really speechless, still try to tell you what was included.

A big wish come true. I got the "Harvest Berries" set plus the matching Die from PTI ! And that alone would have been enough. Really !!
But that was not all.
2 stamp sets from Totally Stampalicious with Stella and Gus. Love these guys- very funny sets !
1 Bo Bunny 6x6x paper pad with Polka Dots. Love it !
A collection of Buttons, Ribbons, Cardstock and DP from Stampin Up. I totally love these colors. Thanks for the german discription about the colors.
And at least 1 Card Maker magazine.

Patti- Thank you so much for all these wonderful things. I love every single item and you can not imagine how much I was pleased. I appreciate your generosity very much, but it's way too much !

I think I need to pause the next round. With these many things I can crafting several years . I need more space soon and I have not ! LOL
Old 02-16-2013, 06:49 AM   #692
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning! I'm catching up on what's going on around here....

Imke, props to you for riding your bike! Sounds like an amazing package you received...it arrived so fast too...you can never predict the mail....

Tracie, so cool that your unit won the contest! You should all get a day of PTO.

Susanne, funny bunny story! The owner sounds like a "helicopter mom"...do you think she has kids?

Kathleen, I have been so good with my shopping and now you have to go and mention PTI! What an enabler you are! Of course, I am off to take a look....

Heather, does Claire have a lot of hair? Will she let you put pretty things in it?

Joanna, what did you decide about the "chore"? I totally get not wanting to go out. At night I want to "nest", especially if I have to work the next day. I am finding, that with one in H.S., that the running never stops...and it's me that Ivy wants to drive her...her dad grills her too much. However, I am glad she is involved in so much because H.S. should be fun...and she is certainly having a wonderful time. On the other hand, Davis' activities are mostly at the church and library...both within a minutes walk from our house.

Linda, have you got your mojo back?

Vickie, you must love eating out a lot...no mess in the kitchen or dishes to wash...awesome!

Update on the cupcakes: We put out over 30 dozen in 3 days! Of course my black kitchen is now gray because of the powdered sugar haze! LOL Only partially kidding.... We were 2 tired bakers! So wishing I didn't have to work Thursday and Friday after all that...who knew baking could be so exhausting? On Thursday I was so looking forward to having a cupcake when I came home from work..we had an extra couple dozen and they sold too. The last customer wanted a box of whatever was left. So no cupcake for me...my thighs are happy about that! The new mixer was a godsend...need to take some cupcakes to the helpful lady who sold it to me...she took me to the back room and showed me how things worked because I didn't have a clue. I would like to try some pizza dough with it this weekend.

This is goofy.... Ivy has 15 cupcakes on her menu that goes out with the orders (we have more flavors, but that was all that fit neatly on a page). She had a customer request 1 of each so she could try them all! We would be in the hole if we did that...the cakes and buttercreams are different...each batch makes about 18-24 cupcakes...you can't make all of those batches to sell one cupcake from each one!

It's snowing here...very pretty!

What is everybody doing today?

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 02-16-2013, 07:13 AM   #693

Good morning!

Angela, after many years of meals at home, cooking for 5 teenagers, we do enjoy going out (well, I enjoy it anyway! DH is a trooper about it)! I have a habit that when I cook for just DH and me that it's like I'm still cooking for 7 people! I don't know how to pare down for just 2!! Wow, so many cupcakes! How awesome for Ivy (and you!)

I think I'm going to have to sit on my hands to keep from going to PTI site to order; there are some things I would love to get (Imke's kit from Patti has my fingers itchin' to get there!!) but I also want to do a SU order, and must save some cash for the Heirloom Productions stamp show that is March 2 & 3!! I've been working on Pat and Tracie's March kits and hope to find a few things at that show, not only to include in their kits but in kits for each month of groups 2 & 3!

We are having our LazyBoy sofa and loveseat recushioned and new seat springs done; the set is going to be picked up this morning, but I don't know how long it will take! YIKES! What are we going to sit on!! I'm sure DH has a plan!

Going to go fix breakfast and then plan the day which I think will include a visit to PTI!!

Imke, what a great kit you received from Patti!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:56 AM   #694
Gabfest Goddess

Good Morning to all!

It is my final full day in Arizona <sigh>. Thoroughly enjoying the beautiful weather, and visiting with DS and DDIL, and of course that sweet little granddaughter!! But I am ready to go back home, to the comfort of my own bed, being in my own kitchen. I miss my fur babies, and need desperately to hug that adorable grandson!! Our flight leaves at noon tomorrow, with the changes in the time zones, we should arrive home around 6:00 pm.

Heather, your post had me laughing out loud!! You are so funny!! Glad you found time to stop in!!

Imke, I cannot believe your March package arrived so quickly! The mail certainly is unpredictable! I don't think it even took two weeks, and your birthday package was in transit almost a month! No matter what time it arrived, I am glad you like the goodies I chose for you.

Jo, no way are you a "bad" mom!! It's hard being the bus driver for the kids' activities; at one point in my kids' lives I felt like we lived in the car! Loved that TJ wanted to join the "chore"; have you made a decision yet about whether he can try it?

Tracie, congrats on your unit winning the chocolate contest with your crock pot cake!! That chocolate lineup sounded delicious...I would have been happy to volunteer as a judge for that contest! I am a sucker for anything chocolate--even chocolate covered bacon! Hope the dental visit went well yesterday.

Angela, thatsa lotta cupcakes!! WOW! Lotsa bakin' going on in your kitchen! Sounds like Ivy could start a business with the popularity of her cupcakes! Oh yeah, I'd so be like the lady who wanted one of each flavor; I don't think I would be able to decide on just one flavor!

Linda, how was the Valentine party at the church? Hope your crafty mojo has returned...though everything you make is just beautiful, you could copy any of your past creations and make it look new!

Time to get in my last days' of Esme hugs...enjoy your weekend!
Old 02-16-2013, 08:04 AM   #695
Gabfest Goddess

Oops, thought I'd include a couple of photos...

Went to Old Town Scottsdale yesterday. Had lunch at a cute little outdoor restaurant called "The Cider Mill", yummy, simple food...here's Tom & I. Esme wearing a onesie that says "Grandma's little cupcake"--Angela, maybe we can use this picture to advertise for Ivy's cupcakes <giggle>. And Esme in her fancy stroller as we peruse the shops of Scottsdale.

Surprisingly, didn't take a whole lotta photos here. good thing for you ladies, or I'd have a whole page to bore y'all with!
Attached Thumbnails
img_2213.jpg   img_2191.jpg   img_2215.jpg  
Old 02-16-2013, 09:21 AM   #696
Hardware Hotshot

Patti: you picked a great time to be in Scottsdale. I LOVE February there. Take a deep sniff of the orange blossoms for me! Feeling a little homesick! Love her lime green stroller (why did they not make cool stuff like that when I was a young mom. I had THE ugliest blue/yellow stroller!)

Angela: I think that Ivy SHOULD open a cupcake truck. There is one that operates here. She advertises on Facebook what her flavors are and where she will be. Ken has driven all over town tracking her down. She charges $3.00 a cuppie and they (yum) are worth every cent.

And does the "helicopter" bunny owner have kids? Doubtful.

Imke: great package. Enjoy it.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #697
Stazon Splitcoast

Patti, love the photos. Esme is beautiful and love the photo of you and Tom. That is a darling onesie.

I've been coloring but not what I need to do. Does anyone else look at their DT images and not want to color but color everything else in site. I still need to color a Christmas image for my Outlawz DT card due next week. I've been coloring little boys for my Great Grandsons birthdays.

Imke, sounds like a great kit.

Vickie, I cook the same way the amounts are for a family of 6. I just can't seem to cook for two. We eat leftovers for a few days and get tired of them. It is okay if we grill, throw 2 potatoes on the grill and 2 pieces of meat sometimes some veggies or have a salad. I just can't seem to get the ingredients for 2 down right. I love to eat out.

Angela, that is a lot of cupcakes you two are producing. They all sound so delicious to me. That lady was expecting a lot of you wanting one of each. Sounds like Ivy will have no problem getting her money raised.

We had fun at the party. Glenn won a door prize of a beautiful pearls, silver and rhinestone bracelet with 8 rows of jewels and a matching necklace. It is beautiful and of course he gave it to me.

Heather, you are to funny. Kathy is sending me to PTI also to check it out for the great grandkids.

Susanne, so glad you got your puppy fix. Hope Farmer Sharon takes good care of the bunny cause her Mom is kinda upset about leaving her bunny.

Have a great weekend.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 02-16-2013, 09:47 AM   #698

Patti, love the pictures! What a cutie pie! The onsie is soooo special!

Heather, I stopped sitting on my hands and ran to PTI also! LOL Figured my SU order can wait until March! I did something I've never done with a PTI order... *gulp* I hit the "I want it all" stamps button!! Of course, I then had to decide which matching dies I wanted for some of those stamps! Am I addicted or what??!! But, in my own defense, I couldn't pass up the 6% discount on each item (not to mention free shipping and the points towards the anniversary set)!! LOL
Old 02-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #699
Gallery Gazer

Vickie, that's incredible. You ordered all the stamp sets of this release? I can not believe it ! *~*LOL*~* I'm sorry that we have made ​​you so addictive But you'll have your fun !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Patti, love the pictures! What a cutie pie! The onsie is soooo special!

Heather, I stopped sitting on my hands and ran to PTI also! LOL Figured my SU order can wait until March! I did something I've never done with a PTI order... *gulp* I hit the " I want it all" stamps button !! Of course, I then had to decide which matching dies I wanted for some of those stamps! Am I addicted or what??!! But, in my own defense, I couldn't pass up the 6% discount on each item (not to mention free shipping and the points towards the anniversary set)!! LOL
Old 02-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #700
Gallery Gazer

Patti- Esme is so sweet and the little onsie- just perfect ! You and your DH looks also nice Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Angela- What a great success for Inyīs cupcakes. Her journey is as good as booked, hm

Linda- Congrats on your new bracelet. Itīs always nice to win something.
About the DT images.... I think itīs always difficult if you dont like the image or the theme does not appeal. Iīm not in the mood for christmas card at the moment. So , i understand you
Iīm very happy with my DT position at "From the Heart Stamps". I really like the images but of course but it can also happen that one image does not appeal to me. This is a matter of taste and not too bad.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #701
Glitter Guru

LOL, Vickie, that is too funny, I was tempted last night, but didn't do it. I did enough damage, though. I figured it was a good time to replenish paper and ribbon, too with the discount. I'm excited for the new "hello" set and die. I was thinking I could make some quick and simple cards for the chemo angels. I always get special requests for men and I stink at manly cards, so that should be a good one for that.

Linda, I know what you mean. I had an image today, that I like, but just couldn't seem to get it together to color it. It's a Saturated Canary one, which I love, but sometimes they are so detailed, I don't know where to start. I finally just did, it and moved on, but don't love it. Congrats on the bracelet, what a fun prize!

Imke, I like that Faith has a good selection of images, something for everyone. That way if you don't like one style, you can go with another.

Angela, 30 dozen???!!!! Wow, wee, Ivy is going be ready for that trip in no time. Way to go, I'm amazed. You and Ivy must be exhausted. I agree, it wouldn't be timely or cost effective to make one of each. You've got to let us know, what flavors are on the list? Boy do I wish I lived closer, we are always needing cupcakes for parties, school and just for a treat! Definitely try the pizza dough in the Kitchen Aide. I do bread dough in mine. Today I made some dough to make bagels, will boil and bake them in the morning. Have never tried them before.

Patti, oh my gosh, what a beauty she is! SO CUTE!!! Love the pic of you and dh too, very nice. Safe trip home.

Off to watch some HGTV. Love to see all the renovation shows!
Old 02-16-2013, 04:00 PM   #702
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Angela - I only wish you were closer. Cupcakes are my downfall. Yummy! Glad Ivy has done so well with selling them. I can't believe someone would ask for 1 of each.

Vickie - I filled my cart at PTI and have yet to hit the send button. I really am running out of space and trying to use what I have. I sure did like this release though. I love the bunny but not sure I would use it.

I finished my spring tray for my class in March. Our LSS is having a one year open house next weekend and I wanted to have it available for people to see and sign up for the class. Now I need to make a card for DT card over at Twisted Tuesday. Always something to do.

Imke, Linda & Kathy - Do you find it hard to keep up with your DT work? I just want to do what I want.

Patti - Love the pictures. Glad you are having a good time in AZ.

Well better go fix dinner.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Meljen's Designs
Old 02-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #703
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Oh and not to be an enabler or anything but I got my CardMaker magazine in the mail and found a new card company. wplus9 design studio So cute stamp sets but of course the one I want is out of stock. I need to get off the computer. HA!

Old 02-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #704
Stazon Splitcoast

Tracie, I am like you, want to do what I want. That is why I only do two DT's. I've been invited to be on a couple of others but turned them down as they were weekly and didn't want to be on more deadlines. Corrosive challenge is only 2 cards a month and the Outlawz is weekly so I decided that was enough. I don't know how Kathy does it with 4 kids but she seems to handle it just fine. I know when I was your age Kathy I loved to do crafts after the kids went to bed and I stayed up late in the peace and quiet and that is how I've always figured you've managed so well.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 02-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #705
Glitter Guru

Would you believe Claire distracted me and I never made it to the site....taking a break from this post RIGHT NOW to check it out before I forget.

Okay, the barrette die is cute, but I love the birthday sentiments!! I'll have to think on it. Shipping for PTI is expensive to Canada, so I haven't ordered yet. Waiting to take the plunge.

Plus, we're getting to the end of our paid parental leave, so the income goes down at the end of this month. We've decided to have one parent home with Claire for awhile, so we have to wiggle and jiggle the budget a bit. Shouldn't be too bad, but it will take some getting used to. I figure stamps might have to hit the "extra" category! Not to mention, there is TOO MUCH in my craft room. I have less time and just as much stuff. Plus, I have extra little hands that are getting ahold of things and ruining it. Time to make my room more effective...or maybe that should be LESS EFFECTIVE for Claire to destroy things!!!

Got a cute Claire story for you, but I'll post below this one.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #706
Forum Fanatic

Catching up...touching base here...

Patti--adorable Esme--She is beautiful and how cute is her name? Is she named after anyone? I gotta get out to AZ and the UK...miss my sistah's!

Angela--I think Ivy's cupcake business is the real deal--There was this woman on Shark Tank (just watched it on abc.com) who made "S'more cupcakes...lives in CA...the sharks dissed her...they thought she was nuts charging $60 to have a dozen cuppies shipped on dry ice...I don't think the Sharks have ordered food items on line?

Linda--hope you had fun at your Love Boat event--sounds like a riot!

Bunny Mom Lisa--is a real mom (she has a 9 year old daughter they bought the bunny for--however, the girl could care less about it...and mom took over!) I kinda get the feeling that mom took over before the daughter had a chance to hold the lil' cutie! Oh well-haven't seen Farmer Sharon since then...I should call her tomorrow.

Listen to this one ladies...So my Tom has just been crabby lately--thought it was just me but I think he's just exhausted and crabby this time! haha...Today, he said he wants me to go to Loews with him to pick out a kitchen counter, paint for our bedroom and this summer he is going to paint the outside of the house himself!!! Gulp! I think this gesture is my Valentines present--I went up to get dressed and he had both boys sitting in their room while he pulled all their clothes out of the closet and ask...who's is this...keep/go? I sent 2 huge hefty bags to goodwill, 1 small bag to nephew and 1 small bag to Patrick's HS of his older uniform shirts! Done! check mark! {I think that guy who does the organizing show...Use it or Lose it ...has possessed my husband!!!} I am likin' this! He's a painting fanatic -no one can help him because we don't do it HIS way! So, that's been my day--I want the boys to help with the painting of our house--that's going to be a bear this summer!

No class for me--one of my gals is in the middle of some family crisis and the others are helping people move, going on vacation or just busy until March!

Making meatballs in the crockpot tomorrow (meatball subs for dinner)! Snow expected!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 02-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #707
Glitter Guru

Okay, my cute Claire story. I think I've mentioned she's been making a mess in my craft room. A few things I've let her have...ribbon rolls get unwound, a couple of catalogues get bent pages, she has her own scrap folder. But, she's starting to get into my "good" stuff, so I've started shutting the door when I'm at work.

So, the first night I got home, I went in to grab something and closed the door behind me. As I shut the door, I can hear this shriek, almost like she's saying "SHE GOT IN THE ROOM WITH OUT ME!!!". I come out, she's fine.

Then today, I opened the door, went in the room, Claire starts shrieking that I'm in there, again, so I said to her, "Come play with mommy!". She smiles big and tries to run for the room. Of course, she's not the coordinated yet so she ends up falling and crawling over as fast as she can. She just LOVES it there. My husband and I chuckled at her reaction.

I've posted a couple of new pics. Angela, the third one is for you to answer your question about her hair. The second one illustrates my little daredevil. Just after this pic, she raised a leg and then tried to let one hand go..<rolls eyes>.
Attached Thumbnails
img_2671.jpg   img_2701.jpg   img_2718.jpg  
Old 02-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #708
Glitter Guru

Last one, promise!!

Angela, I think I missed something. Why all the cupcakes? BTW, I love that you love your mixer. I have a Cuisinart one and I LOVE it too.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #709
Die Cut Diva

Wow what a busy place!! I think I have caught up on the thread.
Had a wonderful time today at the Crop for the Cure. Spent more money than I intended but sometimes that happens.
Vicki the Creeks were there...my gosh what a wonderful store they must have. That is where I spent a big chunk of money. We all were so excited about staying at their retreat house. They even said if we had 7 people they would only charge $70 each for the weekend. We did everything but pick a date and then one of the ladies asked how many bathrooms they had...ONE. How can they expect 7-10 women to use only one bathroom. This even includes showers two mornings in a row. While one person is showering the rest can't even use the bathroom. We are giving this some thought and I am pretty sure I know how it will turn out. I really hate it though because up to that time it was just perfect for us. One of our friends said she heard about a place near New Albany...lots closer for us...and she is going to check it out for us.

I made several cute cards today and will take photos tomorrow and try to post them next week.

Angela looks like Ivy's trip is a go!!

Patti what a doll...guess our Susanne is not a Twilight fan huh?? Love the little onesie, and the fancy stroller too!!

Linda so happy you got the beautiful bracelet!!

Good Night all...

After I posted I saw Heather's post...OMG!! Is she a busy girl or what!!! I love that she is just naturally drawn to your room Heather. Looks like she inheirited your crafting ability!! And she can do circus tricks on the side!! Heeheee

Last edited by patriciae; 02-16-2013 at 08:27 PM..
Old 02-17-2013, 01:13 AM   #710
Gallery Gazer

Heather- Thanks for sharing these sweet pictures from Claire ! It sounds like she do not want to be alone AND she wants to play with your stuff. Take good care of it !

Pat- Only one bathroom ? That would scare me too ! Perhaps you'll find something else.

Tracie- For me it is not hard with my DT position at "From the Heart Stamps". I only have THIS one AND I finally applied for it !!
I like the versatility of Faithīs images. As Kathy said, she has a good selection for everyone. I choose the images that I particularly liked. We have a great team with different styles. In this way almost every image is presented.
I should make 3 projects a month. There are no more deadlines. So, could not be better.

Kathy- You are in several design teams. AND I ask myself again and again when you do all these beautiful cards !

Linda- You're right. In my opinion, you should only do the things that make you smile. Too many appointments would be nothing for me too. Especially if you support a stamp company or an artists (as i do) , you must be 100% behind it. But there is a lot of fun and makes it a bit proud, isnīt it ?

Susanne- That sounds wonderful !! Renovation is a lot of work but when everything is finished, you will be proud of you and very pleased ! Tribute to Tom
Old 02-17-2013, 03:47 AM   #711
Hardware Hotshot

Oh Heather ... you are so in trouble when Claire hits the floor running! Busy with a capital B! Cute tho'
Old 02-17-2013, 05:13 AM   #712
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Heather - Claire is just so adorable.

Pat - Sounded like you had a great time. I have a retreat coming up in April. Should be fun.

Well I didn't order from PTI. I am having problems finding what I have now. I was looking for a music note die last night and it took me an hour to find it. Plus I would a bunch of dies I haven't used. Need to finish one card today.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:41 AM   #713

Good morning!

Gosh, Tracie, I envy your will power! This release just grabbed me for some reason! Remember the two sets of PTI dies I "lost" a while back and re-purchased them?! Of course, while I was re-organizing I found them...on the floor under my computer desk!! Guess it's good sometimes to have two of the same, especially if cutting for multiple cards!

Gonna check out W9Plus; I've heard of them but have never looked.

Pat, oh my...I'll tell the church gals about only one bathroom at that retreat. Not good planning on their part! Good thing someone from your group thought to ask the question! Let me know the name of the New Albany retreat; we are always looking for new places to crop! One of my friends and I plan to go to the Heirloom stamp show in Indy on March 2 & 3. Have you attended any of those shows, Pat? THEN, we plan to attend to CKC in Fort Wayne May 31 and June 1; I hope Patti can hop on over the state line to meet up, too!

I've often thought of applying for a DT, but just haven't taken the time. I'm in awe of all of you who are on a team and share your creative talents as a DT member.

I have a card to finish; trouble with reorganizing, I have a tin of Prima flowers but don't know where I relocated them!!

Heather, the pics of Claire are adorable! What a little dare devil!

Wishing everyone a super Sunday!
Old 02-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #714
Stazon Splitcoast

Such cute pictures of Claire, Heather...I think she looks like you! She is not quite ready for barettes, but a headband with a flower or something would work. Would she leave that in? Ivy is making cupcakes to raise money for an overseas trip the summer of 2104, with People to People. It is quite expensive, so she has started early. Today she is making "Elvis" cupcakes.

Patti, adorable pictures of little Esme! Love her olive skin and dark hair...so pretty! Glad you and Tom have had a good time. I am wondering if you broke down and tidied up a bit? You mentioned you were wanting to...or did Linda's "Glenda experience" scare you off?

Linda, I agree, I hate making a card with an image I don't like...it takes all the fun out of it for me. I also do not know how Kathleen does it all with her little ones.... Excellent time management skills I would say! Sadly, I do not have those.

Susanne, sounds like good things will be going on at your house! Does Tom like to paint?

Pat, what has the group decided about the retreat? One bathroom might give new meaning to the term togetherness! LOL

About PTI...I placed an order last night. I noticed that the discount was automatically applied; well, I wasn't fast enough and as I was finishing my order at 9:01 the discount disappeared. You would sure think that if you were in the process of placing your order it wouldn't revert to the regular price. However, PTI is known for not offering sales like other companies.

Off to color...I just printed a Bugaboo image that I need to make into a card for Tuesday's post....

I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 02-17-2013, 12:57 PM   #715
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Okay girls I need your help. I want to make a card for a contest here in KC and I am looking for an image to go with "Time flies when your having fun". I am thinking there is a fun girl image out there somewhere. I know AE has some but they are too big for what I need to make. We have to make a standard size card. I know you girls will have some suggestions.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #716
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, I forgot to mention.... Ivy and I ran errands and had lunch yesterday. We love the salad bar at Ruby Tuesdays, so we usually go there. A couple of weeks ago I found a hair in my sandwich; I told the waitress (very nicely) and the manager came out and apologized and took my meal off the bill and gave us free desert. Yesterday, I was eating my salad and felt something tickle my lip...it was a hair! Ish! Ivy asked "Aren't you going to tell them?", but I didn't because the manager would have recognized me and thought I was some nutcase trying to get a free meal. I paid the bill and told Ivy we are done eating there...gross!

Old 02-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #717
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclary View Post
Heather - Claire is just so adorable.

Pat - Sounded like you had a great time. I have a retreat coming up in April. Should be fun.

Well I didn't order from PTI. I am having problems finding what I have now. I was looking for a music note die last night and it took me an hour to find it. Plus I would a bunch of dies I haven't used. Need to finish one card today.
I solved my "where the heck is that die" issue by buying one of those boxes $20 that come with some magnetic pages and house magnetic pages $3 magnetic sheets for $8--all my dies are on each page--as I buy more dies--I buy more pages! (Adtech/Artbox?) Of course I cannot think of the name of this fabulous box...but here's a tip I learned AFTER the fact. My LSS sells these clear boxes (size 10x12) larger than --these boxes are cheap--like$3-$5 or something..then I heard Staples sells 8.5x11 magetic sheets $10 for 10/12?--I was not aware of this... So, doing the Math quickly in my head--the brand x box and Staples sheets (larger size) are cheaper than the fancy box deal! Ta Dah! So, having said all this and you are next up on the roster for group#3--should we look into this for you? Maybe put it on your wish list off to the side?

Old 02-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #718
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
Oh, I forgot to mention.... Ivy and I ran errands and had lunch yesterday. We love the salad bar at Ruby Tuesdays, so we usually go there. A couple of weeks ago I found a hair in my sandwich; I told the waitress (very nicely) and the manager came out and apologized and took my meal off the bill and gave us free desert. Yesterday, I was eating my salad and felt something tickle my lip...it was a hair! Ish! Ivy asked "Aren't you going to tell them?", but I didn't because the manager would have recognized me and thought I was some nutcase trying to get a free meal. I paid the bill and told Ivy we are done eating there...gross!
Oh Angela--that's gross! It's like the time I saw a waitress swatting down a table at that restaurant that has a bull on the wall (forget name-and since has gone out of business around here)..anyway, a family had just eaten there with lil' kids and BBQ fingers all over the place--no damp/wet clothe..just swatting the crumbs away--I wrote the company...totally disgusted. They sent us a gift card out of the blue--we went again...this time an ANT crawled across the table--Haven't been back and will never go there again! (wherever they are now) eeegads!

Old 02-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #719
Forum Fanatic

It is soooooooooo cold here--woke up to 8 degrees..wind blowing, snow blindness driving home today--wow--it was like something out of the Arctic--we have a lot of opened spaces and the wind was so strong I could barely open my car door--Tom would drop me off at the door and go park the car--I was trying with all my might to open and get out at Lowes and he asked --what's the matter? I used my legs to hold open the door--I said, while struggling..."Honey, I think you parked in a wind tunnel!!!" (I must have looked ridiculous..haha--these long legs holding the door opened! hahaha Then I creep out--too funny. Then we walk into Lowes and see immediately upon entering, these light fixtures that are lined up on the wall in the honest to God shape of women's breasts--I stood next to them, Tom walked in and looked my way and smiled--I said, Oh, I bet that smile wasn't for me (pointing to the display)...two sets of them and HUGE too!!! Like they were for a ceiling in a banquet hall!!! haha

Old 02-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #720
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Susanne I should look into these because I have a lot of dies. I also have heard of magnetic vent covers at Lowes but not sure how much they ate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
I solved my "where the heck is that die" issue by buying one of those boxes $20 that come with some magnetic pages and house magnetic pages $3 magnetic sheets for $8--all my dies are on each page--as I buy more dies--I buy more pages! (Adtech/Artbox?) Of course I cannot think of the name of this fabulous box...but here's a tip I learned AFTER the fact. My LSS sells these clear boxes (size 10x12) larger than --these boxes are cheap--like$3-$5 or something..then I heard Staples sells 8.5x11 magetic sheets $10 for 10/12?--I was not aware of this... So, doing the Math quickly in my head--the brand x box and Staples sheets (larger size) are cheaper than the fancy box deal! Ta Dah! So, having said all this and you are next up on the roster for group#3--should we look into this for you? Maybe put it on your wish list off to the side?

Closed Thread