Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree88Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #641
Gabfest Goddess

Chocolate covered bacon is DELICIOUS....just sayin'! Restaurant in Cleveland makes this cheesecake/choc covered bacon dessert...yummy! Something about that salty/sweet combo!

Susanne, sounds like you are all ready for the snowstorm. (Haven't yet gotten to the later posts. I'm commenting as I read back, so don't know if how bad your weather has been.

Since Thursday when I left for the scrappin' weekend, I have not seen any news so I am really out of the loop about EVERYTHING going on in the world...I must admit, it's kind of nice for awhile, but I think it's time to come out of my little cocoon!

Back to catching up here...
Old 02-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #642
Gabfest Goddess

Again, I wish Kathy a very belated Happy Birthday. Just hadn't had my head on straight the last few days preceding the start of my vacation, was thinking about packing for the weekend crop, getting the house cleaned, hairs cut and colored, pedicure and manicure, so I'd be ready to go on the 7th, and again to Phoenix on the 10th. Went right to the airport from the weekend crop, 3 hour drive from Lancaster to Cleveland, 3 hour flight from Cleveland to Houston, 3 hour delay in Houston, 2 hr 45 min. flight from Houston to PHX!! I literally spent the entire Sunday traveling!

But Kathy, I celebrated your BIRTHDAY on Saturday in a way I think you might have liked: paper crafting, having delicious meals served and cleaned up after, went and got a massage, and laughed with friends! So sorry I missed your special day!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #643
Gabfest Goddess

Oh, Linda, I am so sorry to hear that Glenda messed in your craft room and kitchen! Imke put it beautifully: "It is not proper to snoop in other people's stuff". I know Glenda is trying to be helpful, but I would stop biting my tongue *that hurts!!*; I would tell her (in a nice way of course) that I really appreciate her being "helpful", but that you have your own way of organization that may look messy to her, but you are able to find things your way, and not when she moves things. This opinion comes from a super neat freak, bordering on obsessive compulsive. I don't think my feelings would be hurt if I was told that, but then of course, I don't have the cajones to touch other people's stuff! (And believe me, I am at the daughter-in-law's right now, and am itching to clean up around here--this place is a mess!) Ask me at the end of the week if I was able to control the urge to "re-organize" around here--lol!!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #644
Gabfest Goddess

kathy, sorry to hear that the kiddos were sick on your birthday. Here's hoping you can have a belated celebration!

Angela, I feel your pain working weekends and missing out on family things!! Unfortunately, it comes with the territory! I've had the joy of being off for two weekends now, and will have the upcoming weekend off, but you know I'll be paying for it when I get back!

Well, girls, the grandbaby is up, awake, and ready for grandma, so will have to say goodbye for now. Will try to post some pics a bit later!

Happy Monday!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #645
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaPatti View Post
Angela, I discovered Origami Owl in November; a girl at work had a book "party" and I bought a necklace for my best friend as a Christmas gift. I have been wanting to get one for myself, probably a "Family" necklace, with the kids and grandkids birthstones, but couldn't make a decision on what charms to use. I think I will wait for YOU to start selling and buy from you--you can help me decide what I want to do--lol!!
Patti, I just saw them and they are so pretty. I was thinking they would make great gifts for my girlfriends, we always do a birthday exchange dinner in Feb/March. Of course, I will want one, too. Thought the same thing, I will wait for Angela and she can talk us through the design process! So, Angela, go ahead and join, you will have some customers already, lol!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #646
Glitter Guru

Patti, glad you had a great time cropping. Enjoy that little grand baby!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #647
Glitter Guru

Pat and Tracie, thanks so much for the cards! Going to send you both messages after I get the kids to bed. But your cards arrived today, what a happy mail day! Thank you!
Old 02-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #648
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Kathy - So sorry it was a day late. I just was a little behind.

I want some jewelry from Origami Owl also. I just thought their website was a little confusing as to how to put together a necklace. Really some cute items. Angela - yes you should go for it.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-11-2013, 05:21 PM   #649
Die Cut Diva

Kathy like Tracie I was so hoping you would get it on your birthday. Sometimes I guess it helps your birthday to last a bit longer!

Patti sounds like your vacation was great with a few more yet to come.

Geez I just can't imagine chocolate covered bacon. I do like sweet and salty mixes though.

I think Susanne wins the prize!!! Linda calling her every 15 to 20 minutes to ask where she put things is really perfect!!! Bet it won't take her long to change her ways!! And you will be so nice just a little silly not being smart enough to find all of your organized things!! heeheeehe

Last edited by patriciae; 02-11-2013 at 05:29 PM..
Old 02-11-2013, 05:41 PM   #650
Hardware Hotshot

Well Pat, my card is going to be even later. I just mailed it today. Sorry Kath. Things got busy here.

My dog chewed my SSW DT card. Thankfully it was AFTER I had taken a picture of it to post on the team blog. It DID bum me out a bit since I had planned to mail it to my sister. I keep thinking that she will stop chewing ANY minute now!

I think bacon chocolate sounds interesting. I love sweet and salty. Good news Imke, I found your dalia images! But I suppose that is news for across the hall.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #651
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciae View Post
Kathy like Tracie I was so hoping you would get it on your birthday. Sometimes I guess it helps your birthday to last a bit longer!

Patti sounds like your vacation was great with a few more yet to come.

Geez I just can't imagine chocolate covered bacon. I do like sweet and salty mixes though.

I think Susanne wins the prize!!! Linda calling her every 15 to 20 minutes to ask where she put things is really perfect!!! Bet it won't take her long to change her ways!! And you will be so nice just a little silly not being smart enough to find all of your organized things!! heeheeehe
I agree Pat...great minds think alike! hahahahaha (I was just reading along at all the niceities....and Patti is so sweet...then I see "I agree with Susanne and calling her every 15-20 minutes and went YES!!! <arm pump> hahahaha!) Oh gosh that made me laugh...calling COLLECT...middle of the night too--oops you forgot about the time change (if there is one) <smiles> All in good fun Linda...

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 02-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #652
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
Well Pat, my card is going to be even later. I just mailed it today. Sorry Kath. Things got busy here.

My dog chewed my SSW DT card. Thankfully it was AFTER I had taken a picture of it to post on the team blog. It DID bum me out a bit since I had planned to mail it to my sister. I keep thinking that she will stop chewing ANY minute now!

I think bacon chocolate sounds interesting. I love sweet and salty. Good news Imke, I found your dalia images! But I suppose that is news for across the hall.
The optimal word here is "crunchy" bacon..or it's not gettin' near my mouth--I too am a salty gal...but its just gotta be crispy/crunchy..now chewy raw hide bacon with that white blubbery stuff..nut uh! Opps...did I type this?

Old 02-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #653
Watercolor Wizard

Tom shoveled a pathway from our driveway all the way to where the oil guy puts in the oil...Muddy walks it for his potty time and has "marked" certain spots...but because the snow is so deep elsewhere, he goes to the drive way to do his serious business (if ya know what I mean)...poor guy--Tomorrow I am shoveling the lawn for a patch of "special place" for Muddy--I kept thinking about doing it today and before you know it...it was 10pm! Duh! Bad Mommy!

Farmer Sharon promised she'd bring over "Fawn the 3rd" (new puppy) to me today and didn't--I am becoming obsessive compulsive over this puppy--I have her house key and she goes to work tomorrow...<thinking> But Ozzi will be there and doesn't like people barging in-since he attacked both Patrick and Shane--I guess there is no stealin' the cute puppy <darn>hmmmm....Maybe I'll meet up with Sharon's hubby when he stops in to let puppy out? Oh gosh...am I one of those neighbors? Next scene: "Hi, I made you baked goods...let me hold your puppy!" hahahaha

Old 02-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #654
Hardware Hotshot

Does ANYONE like the blubbery, uncooked bacon? Yikes.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #655
Watercolor Wizard

My sis in England bought me the Square Dance couple Art Impression stamp--out of the blue...so cute--too bad I didn't have this stamp sooner or they could have been in Ralph's audience while he was taking a bath!!! haha Oh well...love my fun mail!

Old 02-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #656
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Does ANYONE like the blubbery, uncooked bacon? Yikes.
Yeah...cuz my boys always tell me my bacon is too crispy...so they are the guys that like to chew it for 15 minutes <gag reflex here>!!! hahaha

Old 02-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #657
Watercolor Wizard

So I did type this out loud!!! hahahahahha Oh, I am silly tonight--could be my dryer vent is not cleared from snow and I am doused in carbon minoxide!!! hahaha Just kiddin'...we talk about the goofiest stuff here...

Old 02-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #658
Glitter Guru

Joanna- Your birthday card arrived yesterday ! Thanks for the little goodies inside To late or not - im always happy to get cards from my friends

Susanne- How many inches snow do you have ?

Patti- Enjoy your "family time" . And especially spending time with your grandbaby.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:34 AM   #659
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning ladies!

There's been a lot going on here....

I would try the chocolate bacon, as long as the bacon is crisp! Ish, no chewy blubber for me....

Patti, enjoy your time with Esme! Can't wait to see more pictures of her....

Kathleen, how is Lilah doing with her earrings? I pierced Ivy's (myself) when she was 9-10; she has no interest in wearing earrings now though. However, she loves necklaces and big rings...go figure. Here is a new joke from Davis: "Why did Angela put lipstick on her forehead?" ??? "She was trying to make up her mind!" He thinks he is so clever.... LOL

Linda, are you managing to find anything in your stamp room?

Joanna, sorry to hear about your card! When does the chewing stop? Paisley knows right where I keep the stray socks to be matched and she will make a beeline for them. She is only allowed in certain areas of the house and she knows in that area she is to stay on her quilt...goofy dog!

Susanne, how is the weather? Have you got to see Farmer Sharon's puppy? Just wondering...does she know you call her "Farmer Sharon"? LOL

About the jewelry...I fell in love with it when I saw the catalog...it reminds me a bit of Fossil jewelry, which I have a huge weakness for and can't seem to stop buying (on sale). I would wear 2-3 of the Origami Owl necklaces together...different lengths and styles...fun! Will keep you ladies posted.

Ivy had a band concert last night...wow, the kids are really amazing! It was H.S., jazz band, and 7-8th grades. She came home from her 3 day honor band Saturday and announced that she wants private lessons...said out of 8 oboes, she was the only one who didn't have them. Her band instructor had recommended it as well, as he is not an expert oboe player. Will have to see if I can swing that.... Tonight Davis will have a concert too; so lucky I was off both nights so I could go.

We sent out 5 dozen cupcakes yesterday; tonight we make about 10 dozen to go out tomorrow and then about 16 dozen to go out the next day. We are getting good at cranking them out and the new mixer is awesome...it makes it so much easier.

Better get busy...need to get my chores done early so we can bake later. Hope everybody has a super day!

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 02-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #660
Stazon Splitcoast

I love the O. Owl jewelry too.

I don't know that any of you have had to deal with step parenting or step fathers and your own children. It is pretty tricky to keep a marriage on track with out major problems with your and my kids involved. I was the only woman Glenn dated that Glenda approved of. She told me this a few years after we married. For the most part we get along very good but she is ODC I guess about everything having a place and everything in its place. I used to be pretty bad myself but with my heart, my RA and being older I have learned to let some things slide for a few days and relax. The more stress the worse the RA is. We have had some major battles over kids, I came close to leaving Glenn about 10 years ago and we finally worked out our differences and he keeps his mouth shut about my kids and has become so attached to the Grandkids. He is very close to all 4 of mine now and knows if anything goes wrong at our home Steve will take care of it or fix it. He also is very protective of his only child and does not like arguments with her so he ignores her bossiness etc. I can't ignore this. He wants to go to Houston to see her in March or April. I have made up my mind to have a heart to heart with her and lay it all out about how I feel about my kitchen and my craft room. If it makes her mad, so be it. I hope not but I can't take this stress over my craft room again. I'll be nice but honest.

I DO NOT like the blubbery bacon, give me crispy crispy!

I am having fun with my cameo. It is definitely a learning experience. Some of you that are so good with technical details will do great with one. I cut out an image yesterday while Pat St. Martin walked me through it. Of course I did each step as she told me and nothing got written down. I hope I remember it.

Angela, I would sure love to try some of Ivy's cupcakes. Tell Davis his joke was funny and we enjoyed it.

Susanne, I have to go look up the AI ladies square dancing. That sounds like a fun image.

Sorry about your card Jo. The puppy is so cute, I see her on fb. She is so fluffy looking and sweet. Won't you be glad when she gets out of the puppy stage.

Patti, have fun with your family. I love Arizona. I'm sure you are having a great time. Are you anywhere near the 7 kids scrapbook store. I just know it is in AZ. I agree with everything you said about snooping. My mother taught me not to do things like that in others home.

Susanne, that is funny about Muddy needing a spot on the lawn. I never thought about it before but it is definitely necessary. It's been a long time since we had a dog so I forget the little things.

I'm not sure how I feel about chocolate covered bacon. I love them both separately but don't know about together.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 02-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #661
SCS BRAK Coordinator

I will let you all know about the chocolate covered bacon on Thursday when our contest is. Our department is making the crock pot cake and each person is bringing an ingredient which makes it kind of nice. I hope to take my camera and post pictures. At least I know we will have fun.

I need to get a spring tray made for a class at our LSS but having a little slump. I am so busy at work that I am too tired when I come home.

Linda - Hang in there. My parents are both re-married and I have step parents. Tough all the way around. I sometimes wonder about my step father but I guess he takes good care of my mom so I can't complain too much. Kids and step kids is a very touchy thing. I think you should have a heart to heart. She needs to know how you feel.

Meljen's Designs
Old 02-12-2013, 10:16 PM   #662
Glitter Guru

Susanne- I saw this in/on/at (?) the AI Shop- very funny. But the dot find the square dance ladies.

Linda - I can understand it. Family is often a difficult theme and I hope you find for you a good solution to deal with it.

Tracie- I wish you good luck for the contest !

We had some snow in the night. But not much. I was able to ride with my bike to work. So, all is well

Wish you all a wonderful day !!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:32 PM   #663
Hardware Hotshot

Here it is Imke: Just Dance

I can't sleep tonight. My coughing keeps waking me up. This night goes to show you that smaking on cute (but sick) babies always comes back to haunt you!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:34 PM   #664
Hardware Hotshot

And can I just say that I am impressed with you Imke?!! If it's snowing (even a TINY amount) my behind is firmly entrenched in a warm car with heated seats! I can't believe that you ride your bike with snow!
Old 02-13-2013, 04:15 AM   #665
Watercolor Wizard

It's fun catching up here--so many questions...

Angela--YES, I did get to meet lil' Ms. Fawn-precious! (not crazy about her name--she's "Fawn 3rd" and it's Sharon's husbands favorite name--Seems -circa 1950's retro teenage girl name? Who knows, maybe he had a pin-up girl poster in his room growing up and her name was FAWN! har har har YES, I told Sharon I call her "Farmer Sharon" but not that I call her house "The Petting Zoo" or "Wildlife Cabin"--She is really serious about animals--kinda like we are with crafting, cards, all of this?! I'll have to ask her if she's seen the movie "Evan Almighty" <--I watched this over the weekend--cute movie!

Linda--good for you to stand your ground with Glenda-sometimes people are not aware that they are really bothering someone or infringing on their territory. Tom will say that I speak my mind (he'll prefice it by saying "which is a good thing"), but words can hurt--I never intend to hurt someone with words but even being sarcastic can rub people the wrong way. I was brought up with a lot of humor/sarcasm and I guess I have tough skin--that happens in a large family I think. Or, its all I know? But I giggled because you were writing such a heartfelt subject (about you and Glen) and then you segway line was about "blubbery bacon"...it just struck me funny

YES, QueenieJO...that colored version of the square dancers does not do the stamp justice--but that is the one Jan sent me! I also have the other Golden Gal Ballerina stamp (Thelma)? She's the same one that dresses up in the Elf costume...I was thinking to use the Square Dance Lady and the skinny-old ballerina lady in one card--cut out the square dance guy...just to spice things up a bit--there are a bunch a NEW Girlfriend stamps coming out soon (AI has teasers on their site-I have seen them on FB or their newsletters in my email) Of course all of them are hysterical! I want to buy Jan the ladies on the scales--and the weight watcher pts sentiment-she's a big WW gal-many emails start with...what she made for dinner (foreign food) and the 3lbs she lost!!! When I told her we don't own a scale--I think she went into stroke mode!? Like who needs to see their weight everyday--not me thank you! That's like slipping on a bikini every morning! Blah!
Our snow is melting a bit--the south shore is still battling road clearings and school closings but I think everyone has power and is ramping up for this weekends snow/rain/mix (south shore)...it was in the 40's that last two days so that has helped.

BTW: I use that microwave dish that has the valleys built into it for bacon-you line up 5-6 strips of bacon (Oscar Meyer center cut style) in the opposite direction--5 pcs=5.3 minutes and crispy bacon! All the grease drips into the valley around the pan--pour out in garbage-no mess! That bacon pan/tray thing is priceless-I have owned it for as long as I have had a microwave 20+ years? I think all the kitchen stores sell them now...(and the time--my microwave is ancient--so it's not a fancy high powered machine!) But if it ain't broke...don't throw it away!

Old 02-13-2013, 04:28 AM   #666
Watercolor Wizard

Omgosh...sorry to hog the page--I talk too much! haha

OKay, I bought a Black & Decker 10 Cup Food Processor (cheap like $39 @ Walmart last year)...(price is now $49+) and the blade on this machine breaks within 3 months time.{I have it down to a science-seriously-the lil' plastic knob gets loose and your next cheese grating it snaps off!)

I only shred cheese with this machine. When it worked-it was wonderful. Here's the thing--this week I finally threw in the cards--the blade broke, so instead of returning the machine for the SIXTH TIME and replacing it with another machine (because parts are not available)...I finally just took the money back on the machine. This week I bought pre-shredded bag-o-cheese and I know they coat that with a flour substance to keep it from sticking together--but to me...you can taste it..Aaack! I have written the B&D company--found a remote parts place that sold only the blade for $25 including shipping--It was more cost efficient for me to return the machine then to buy a blade for that money--I am sure you will all agree...but I felt so guilty doing this--?! (You know the ol' landfill issue--they'll throw it away and make more plastic machines!)

Do any of you recommend a hardy machine for me to buy? Price is a concern-after all I just shredd cheese with it--hand shredder (no thanks)...

Old 02-13-2013, 06:13 AM   #667
Glitter Guru

Wow, Imke, biking in the snow, that's a challenge. Be careful!

Susanne, glad you got see the pup! My dad has that microwave bacon dish and loves it too.

Linda, I'm sure it is tricky with step families. I know how kind, sweet, and generous you are. If you decide to have a heart to heart with her, I know you will do it kindly. It's still got to be hard with the blended family. Glad you are enjoying the cameo!

Angela, did you dig out from under cupcakes yet? I can't believe how many orders you have! That is awesome! Davis's joke was funny!

Joanna, glad you took a pic before Holli ate the card, oh my gosh that is too crazy! I thought they mainly went for shoes, will she chew on anything she can get to? I don't know too much about dogs.

Susanne, I got a food processor for a shower gift. It's 13 years old now and I haven't had a problem. I grate cheese at least once a week (the hard stuff, too like Romano and Parmeasean), grate carrots , chop nuts and lots of other stuff. I made all the kids baby foods from scratch, so for years I used it daily and it's still kicking! It's made by Kitchen Aide, I don't know how much it cost, but it definitely has stood the test of time and use.

Angela, do you have pics of the new cupcakes? Were they Valentine themed?

Off to fold some laundry! Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:57 AM   #668
Glitter Guru

No problem for me and its all a matter of habit. Until I'm at work, the heater is not hot in the car. It is only 5 kilometers. By bike it's really good. It's all a question of the right clothes

Thanks for the link. I was looking at the girl friends- there I could not find it.

Quote:
And can I just say that I am impressed with you Imke?!! If it's snowing (even a TINY amount) my behind is firmly entrenched in a warm car with heated seats! I can't believe that you ride your bike with snow!
Old 02-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #669
Watercolor Wizard

Kathleen--I am amazed that you have had your Kitchenaid FP for 13 years! That's like my 27 year old Krups hand mixer--it still works--just cannot find the twirly things to replace the original ones! I think the trick is I can no longer buy cheaper brands--or price ranges--need to shop for my appliances! Thanks for your input on this!

Old 02-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #670
Watercolor Wizard

Have you all heard of the new healthy weight loss supplement called Garcinia Cambogia? Dr. Oz supports it 100%--has great benefits--helps you lose weight by using the fat cells as energy...It's made from Tamera fruit (sp)...100% natural...anyone hear about this?

Old 02-13-2013, 06:35 PM   #671
Stazon Splitcoast

Susanne, I haven't heard of it but I don't get to see Dr. Oz all that often. Tell me more.

Imke, I think you are an amazing young woman to ride your bicycle that far in the snow. Of course I hear gas is very expensive in Germany. We complain about $3.69 or I do anyway. It costs much more in California.

I have some DT cards to make and have lost my mojo. Hope to find it tomorrow as I need to color.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 02-13-2013, 09:59 PM   #672
Glitter Guru

Linda- You are rigt. We save where we can. Electricity and gas has become extremely expensive. Of the cost of food we do not need to talk :rolleyeyes:. Everything has become more expensive. But also in the U.S. right ? We have for years just one car - because it is enough for us . I can ride my bike to work, it's not far. 15 - 20 min. I like to ride my bike, it does not bother me. AND it is fun and saves money

Susanne- KRUPS is good German quality. It lasts forever !

Kathy- Are the kids ok ? All recovered ? I hope so.

Angela- I have to check out the "Owl jewelry" story. A new business idea ?

Wish you all a happy day !

Last edited by germanstampler; 02-14-2013 at 03:00 AM..
Old 02-14-2013, 07:37 AM   #673
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, Imke, everything here is very expensive anymore. It is even too high for us to go to the movies very often anymore. $50.00 if you get popcorn and a drink because the food is extremely high. We would rather wait for the DVD to come out and spend our money somewhere else. Our utilities are also getting higher. I never thought I would see the day a gallon of milk was $4.49.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 02-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #674
Watercolor Wizard

Linda--the trick about the movies is...bring and hide your own snacks! We'll go get those lil' boxes of candy at Walmart--Kala has to have movie popcorn (I don't care for that--so no loss there for me)...but yes, a movie ticket is now $10 +goodies! Its not wonder why people build their own theaters in their homes now--just wait until the movie is out on DVD or rent-able on line to watch it!

Imke--I live too far away to be able to ride a bike to a job--plus the weather--5 months out of the year are too unpredictable--sharing 2 cars here and that is extremely frustrating to me...like right now, I NEED the car-waiting for Patrick to get home from school so I can run errands. I live about 2 miles away from the closest bus stop--too lazy to walk that deal day in and day out--since everything is usually opened until 10pm..no rush! Oh,I love my Krups mixer--just cannot find the twirly things to replace the broken ones! Boo hoo! I should just take it to kitchen appliance stores and see if they have any matching parts to it?!

Linda--I just read about the diet stuff "Garcinia Cambogia"...I will research more about it on the Dr. Oz site...it's a healthy supplement...supposedly it uses our fat cells and converts it to energy--whilst we lose belly fat! Of course they recommend exercise and watching what you eat--but heck..chezburger, chezburger...fries and lose 10 lbs? YUMMY! hahaha

Old 02-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #675
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

JCI to say hello and Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Spent the day with a friend for lunch and some shopping; then to the Whistle Stop with DH for a V-Day dinner! No cooking today!

Can't wait to hear from Tracie about the chocolate bacon!! Susanne, I also have the rippled microwave bacon plate; I use it for turkey bacon 'cause that's what we eat if we want bacon....had to acquire a taste for it, but now that we have, it's turkey all the way!

Wishing everyone a relaxing evening!
Old 02-14-2013, 06:35 PM   #676
Watercolor Wizard

A bag of lettuce, a new fresh puppy and a bunny named Checkers…

Today, I called over to Farmer Sharon’s house and demanded to see “Fawn Marie” with a bribe of some lettuce and raw veggies for her chickens and bunnies. Sharon said she was just on her way out and was so sorry that she is so busy. I pushed and I asked where she was going and she said she had to meet a friend at the movie theater parking lot in town to pick up her bunny “Checkers” who she is pet sitting for this week. And as soon as she returns from this errand, her family is going out to a Chinese restaurant for their Valentine’s dinner—so…

I insisted with my bribe of veggies that she bring puppy Fawn along for the ride, I’ll hold her and get my puppy fix, her chickens and bunnies get my veggie offerings and we go pick up Checkers together! She thought that was a fabulous idea! So off I went to her driveway and got to hold and cuddle with adorable Fawn Marie…Oh my gosh, she is so tiny and was shivering…I had to cover her by tucking her lil’ body into my opened jacket while she schniggled up to my neck…so precious.

So while were driving there and I am in puppy heaven, Sharon mentions that her friend from work Lisa is VERRRRRRY serious about her bunny Checkers. Lisa is going out of town next week for February vacation with her family and she just could not leave Checkers with a pet service.

We pull up next to Lisa’s car—she waves at us, sees me holding this tiny puppy and proceeds to get out of her car with a huge bag of bunny toys, bunny hair brushes, pet food paraphernalia, a fresh pack of hay shavings and is showing Sharon how to work her special water bowl that refills itself, because Checkers drinks water like a cat or dog from a bowl…unlike the other bunnies who sip water from a drain spout style watering tank.

Lisa notices the puppy but doesn’t come close to pet her because she doesn’t want to make Checkers upset! Lisa then proceeds to take apart her water bowl to show Sharon and double checks to make sure she knows how to use this contraption and repeats the routine of Checkers day over again. I finally am amazed that she never came over to our car to check out Fawn Marie and holler out. “You could not be having a better person take care of Checkers!” She agrees nervously-- since she did overhear Sharon talking at work one day about how she gives her bunny’s bubble baths and blow dries their fur! Then says out loud, “Anyone who gives her bunny’s bubble baths is the person I want to take care of Checkers!”

Lisa puts Checkers crate into the back seat, Sharon reiterates how her bunnies will love the company but she will keep Checkers separate from them and to have fun on her vacation. Lisa says she is going to call her later tonight to make sure everything is okay. Sharon mentions how they are going out for dinner and she will call her when they get home.

In the meantime, I am lovin’ my lil’ puppy girl who has fallen fast asleep in my arms. Sharon gets in the car, Lisa pulls out first and Sharon says, “She’s going to be a nervous wreck and God help me if her Checkers dies or gets sick while he’s at my house! We both laughed…we love our animals!

Old 02-14-2013, 08:57 PM   #677
Die Cut Diva

Hope everyone enjoyed their Valentine's Day!
Old 02-15-2013, 04:21 AM   #678
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Susanne - There is nothing cuter than a new puppy. Best way to get your fix is to hold someone elses.

I am happy to report that our department won the chocolate contest yesterday with our Crock Pot Hot Fudge Pudding Cake. It was a real hit. Some of the other entries were No Bake Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Rollo Candies on Pretzels, Toffee, Chocolate Gooey Dessert and of course the chocolate covered bacon. I can honestly say that I tried the bacon but it was just okay. I didn't spit it out like several people did but Not something I would want all the time.

Going to dentist this morning. Yippee!

Meljen's Designs
Old 02-15-2013, 04:28 AM   #679
Watercolor Wizard

Tracie--good for you! So did you win 2 weeks off work with your 'crockie cake'?

I have to get a photo of Farmer Sharon and Fawn--I feel you gals all know her since I am always talking about her...I bet I see a lot of the pup this week since it is the start of our "February vacation"...Patrick's off this week-Shane isn't.

Have a good weekend-still waiting to hear if I am holding the card class here this weekend-no one has answered the email yet!

Old 02-15-2013, 10:14 AM   #680
Watercolor Wizard

Hello Vickie!
Your goodie package is postal...the PO lady said it should be there by Tuesday! Enjoy!

Closed Thread