Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree88Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #561
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm sorry to Pat. Hope tomorrow you have an awesome day!!

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #562
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
I heard her tell my mother that she would have surgery if it's worse at her next check-up.
You know, maybe the doc is onto something. As a mom, you want to fix things right away. But sometimes, things are better accepted when people draw conclusions on their own.

Who knows what his approach would have been if he seriously thought surgery was the best option.

I remember when we found out Claire was breech. The c-section surgery was a bit of a fear for both Ryan and I, but the doc was pretty good at answering questions about alternatives. He got more assertive about it the closer we got to my due date, but he never made it seem like the choice was being forced on us.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #563
Glitter Guru

Oh my gosh, I'm laughing about the farting and yoga, that gave me a good laugh! I didn't have that issue the 2 times I tried it, but my balance stinks and I fell over a few times. I would be a mess in a class, probably distracting from the zen of everyone there, lol!

Heather, I had to put a lock on my craftroom door, too many pretty things to attract the kiddos. I was worried they would swallow something, or get cut on something. Now they are all pretty good about not touching things.

Pat sorry you had a bad day, how nice for chocolate to arrive at the perfect time!

Angela, that makes me laugh about the stockings, she's probably not wearing them, lol! I bet the homemade cupcakes are better!

We may be in for some snow. Looks like Susanne will get if for sure. Our forecast is for anywhere from 3-24 inches (big spread). We'll see what happens.

Liam has had a terrible hacking cough. Kept him up all night last night. Not much is working, he's been taking Delsym. He feels ok otherwise, but can't go to school hacking on everyone. I'm trying to get him to have some tea with honey, but he won't drink it.

Linda, have you done anything on the cameo yet? So excited to see what you do! I saw on Carla's blog, she cut around an image she printed (one of the Elisabeth Belle images), it looked so nice, and would be easier that trying to hand cut images. I can't wait to see what you make!

Tracie, think I'm going to make another one of those cakes this weekend. The kids got mad that my DH finished it one night, lol! They are already asking for it again!

Hope you are all doing well!
Old 02-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #564
Die Cut Diva

Not really a bad day Angela just a long one and I was ready to get home!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #565
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Wow - you girls have been busy. Angela - I can't believe all that you are going through with Ivy. I know that you will keep on top of everything.

I just laughed about the yoga. I actually love to exercise. But unfortunately I love to eat more so the eating usually wins out. I am going to have to try the hot yoga.

We haven't had our chocolate contest yet at work, just testing recipes. Our contest is on valentine's day and we have decided to do our crock pot cake which is a cake with chocolate pudding mixture on the bottom. We are going to serve it with homemade ice cream. We hear that the girls over in Rehab are bringing chocolate covered bacon. Ugh - Can't imagine.

Teaching a class at my LSS tomorrow and hope to pick up a couple more things for Imke so I can get her package in the mail. We haven't had mail for 2 days which is shocking for me. We always have mail. Not sure what the deal is.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #566
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy, I've made a few small things but the cutting out of images takes some time learning all the different steps. The cameo comes with very few instructions, just have to watch a lot of online videos to learn how to do things plus I am not very good on things that are complicated.. I've had fun playing but each thing you do takes a different number on the blade and speed and paper thickness etc. It is to me a very complicated machine. I've cut out simple things and intend to use one on my blog on sat. or sun. I have read a bunch of ladies that say it is a frustrating and complicated machine. When you finally master it the machine is wonderful so I am hoping I eventually master it!

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 02-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #567
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Just a quick note to let Heather know her cardkit package is officially on its way.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #568
Watercolor Wizard

Snow anyone? I am sure by this time tomorrow night we will have bushels of it! Schools are closed--Boston City workers were told to stay home...so we're getting it--especially along the shore and hurricane winds too! I sent the weather forecast time-line to my cousin in FL (every 1.5 hours the inches go up and the map shows more blue(snow/line)...pretty cool to click and see by 2pm tomorrow we should be @6" of the 29+ that is due here by Sunday morning! So cousin Pam say's; Like, what do you do with all this going on outside? I say, hang out and do normal stuff--BUT...if we lose power then we play Scrabble and do non-electrical stuff! She said she would have to have the fireplace going an be bundled in about 12 blankets--she does not like being cold! I just hope we don't lose power that's my pet peeve!

So I bought water, wine, snacks, cereal, milk, roaster chicken, <--boy's thing, forgot salsa and eggs-- and the ergonomic salt for the driveway--put gas in both cars, have wood for the fireplace--batteries for the flashlights and lamp...we're good to go!

I told my class gals to double ck with me Sunday before they head out in case I don't have power--I will text them--no power no crafting!

Yoga is big here--you just need to find your nitch of the style class you want...My sister does that and Zumba in AZ--loves it! I should look into it since I am always having back issues "strengthen my core" and I say I am going to DO THIS every time my back goes out!

Angela--you are right in questioning the doctor--I say get a second opinion! We took Patrick (and his elbow bruise) into Boston (Mass General Hosp) to a Orthopedic surgeon that specializes in sports injuries and not only that--but takes care of some serious sport dudes from the Bruins, Patriots, Celtics and Red Sox (we could not believe we got an appt--Tom did the research)... he did physical therapy...he had Patrick take an MRI---really-really looked into the type of injury it was--whereas our regular doctor could not help him...I would think with Ivy's situation it is crucial to have any/all options--she's young and active--is there any type of forecasting down the line--when she's older and married and starts a family...etc...Oddly enough and this is no real comparison--but my back was going out b4 kids...and after kids...so there was a good stretch of time that my back was perfect for a long time...you would think it would bother me the most with heavy pregnancies? But no--so I guess it has to do with weight distribution or my posture?...Anyway, I will certainly keep Ivy and you in my prayers...How about a health club...for every Yoga class...followed by massage and bubbly hot tub--oh gosh...just typing that sounds so good to me! {{{{hugs}}}} for all the worry us Mom's do for our kid's-they hurt...we feel the pain.

Tracie--chocolate bacon---eeek Pass! Let us know how the crockie cake turns out--some how I can't get my head around that recipe--getting image of my Easy Bake Oven days!

You can always do some sides of chocolate favorites..like dipped pretzels with extra goodies on top like coconut, peanuts, mini M&Ms..and chocolate clusters with nuts are so easy---you just melt chocolate place nuts on parch paper..drizzle that good melt-able Wilton "Light cocoa" chocolate (or the PINK for Valentines Day) and let it dry--easy treat! Sounds like fun...

Okay, I have written a book now !

I'll be in touch--if I get quiet on here--could be loss of power--but I'll be fine..eating roaster chicken and dddddrinkin' some wine! hahaha (now there's a visual for you all!)

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 02-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #569
Hardware Hotshot

Look at you Susie ... being all organized! Batten down the hatches; we'll hold down the fort here.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:51 PM   #570
Glitter Guru

Itīs great that i could brighten your day ! You are very welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciae View Post
Imke I rec'd your chocolatee thank you today...so sweet of you. I was a bit down today when I got home from work and wondered what the brown package in my mailbox was...so nice to get happy mail, especially chocolate from Germany. Thank YOU my friend, it really wasn't necessary though. I enjoy making up packages to send you girls...almost as much fun as getting them!!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:56 PM   #571
Glitter Guru

Happy Friday to everyone !!

Angela- Told Ivy Yoga is not only for old people. LOL Itīs very good for the body. It is stretched and strengthened everything. There are many different types of yoga.

Susanne- I've heard the bad weather forecast. Take care of you !

Heather- You are certainly not have been thrilled that Claire has "sorted" your paper She wants to share your hobby

Last edited by germanstampler; 02-07-2013 at 10:59 PM..
Old 02-08-2013, 01:16 AM   #572
Glitter Guru

I browsed a bit at SCS. I have seen there are two other types of SS swap. What do you think. Perhaps that would be something new for the next round ?

Clever Card Kit Swap for Secret Sisters
or
Pick 3 treats for me

I thought it is a good idea. We got so many crafting things in the last rounds and that would be a good opportunity to use them.

So how about if we make the next round with homemade projects ? Maybe a set of cards, tags, notecards, Altered Item or whatever.

I know this round has just begun, but it would be an alternative. No one has to spend a lot of money(we have the materials) - itīs only the postage. I always look forward to homemade projects. It's just an idea, you can even think about it. Until the next round is a lot of time.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:24 AM   #573
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Imke - I love both of these ideas. It would be fun to mix it up a bit next time.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:45 AM   #574
Watercolor Wizard

Sounds like fun Imke! I am up for something different if you want to change things around...or start a new swap! We need names for our swaps--or "door #'s" since we are constantly running across the hall!!! <smiles>

Old 02-08-2013, 04:49 AM   #575
Watercolor Wizard

Well, light snow started early (very gray outside)...my head is picking up the barometric pressure radar...slight headache this morning...so...it's on its way here! Yikes! I have all these projects planned if we lose power; wash kitchen floor, sort clothes and cast off the cowl scarf for my niece! If it stays light out--I will clean my basement the old fashioned way with a broom!

Have a good weekend everyone! Need to ck my birthday list--feel like Kathy's bday is coming up?...QueenieJO...yours?

Old 02-08-2013, 05:58 AM   #576
Hardware Hotshot

Kathy's birthday is Saturday and mine is the 22nd.

I don't want to be the pooper of this party, but if I HAVE to make an item to include in my kit, it wouldn't work for me. Frequently I DO make a card to include in my kits but some months, I don't have the time. Annnnd, (here's my secret confession) I hate altering items. It's no big deal if you guys want to go that way ... I'll just sit that round out. I probably need the extra time to get my house in order anyway.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:05 AM   #577
Glitter Guru

Lol, Joanna, you are not the pooper! I prefer to send stamps, cause it's too hard to get the images right. I keep stamping and stamping, and it's crooked, or has a finger print, or not inked well.... On and on! Send a stamp, and done! I'm not the best at altering things, but sometimes try it. I'm up for anything, but want to make sure everyone plays along (Joanna, the house will wait, just kidding of course). That pick three one, might be a fun idea, I don't think that involves altering anything.

Linda, I keep eyeing the cameo, but I think it may be too complicated. Can't wait to see your creations, though!

Susanne, we stocked up on groceries yesterday. Forgot the wine though. I do have some, but might need back ups, a weekend snowed in with four kids, might increase my thirst, lol! I've had a bad headache for the past 2 days, now that you mention it, it's probably the barometric pressure.

It's gray and sleeting here right now. My dh took Finn and Lilah to school and said it was slippery in spots. Tried to tell them school was cancelled, but Lilah wasn't falling for it. Rolling on the floor screaming that she knows she has school on Fridays, just easier to take them, since it wasn't that bad.

I must say that bacon and chocolate sounds good to me. I saw a tv show where this restaurant had a chocolate bacon candy bar on the menu. Looked good. I don't think there is much I wouldn't eat with bacon.

Off to get some laundry done. They are talking high winds, so I want to get things done in case the power goes out.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!
Old 02-08-2013, 07:38 AM   #578
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning Everyone. I am having a problem. I've lost my address list for this group and can't find it anywhere. Will someone send me our address list please?

I am up for whatever anyone wants to do. I am also not very good with altering things except for notebooks. That is the only thing I alter, but would join the crowd and do whatever the majority want to do.

Kathy, one thing about the cameo is Suzanne Dean has a cameo support group that are very helpful and also the company has walked me through several things and are also very helpful. Suzanne also lists videos by others about how to's on the cameo. I just haven't had time with company to watch all of them. I am also a visual learner and hopefully when Debra comes to visit she will pick it up pretty quick and then she will show me how to do things. She is very computer smart. I am sure that you are smarter than me on a computer because I can't even change the heading on my blog. Everything that has been changed over the years on my blog, Debra did.

Have a great weekend everyone. Susanne and Kathy, hope you don't lose power this weekend or next week.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 02-08-2013, 07:42 AM   #579
Hardware Hotshot

I'll just forward what I have Linda
Old 02-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #580
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
I'll just forward what I have Linda
Thanks Jo. I have it already printed. You are quick.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 02-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #581
Glitter Guru

Ladies- Donīt panic ~*LOL*~ itīs just a suggestion

Joanna- You are definetyl not a pooper (funny word) - Thanks for your honest answer !

Kathy- I hope is not as bad as expected. Stay warm and safe !

Susanne- You too !!

Linda- Sounds like a lot of instructions for your cameo. I'm sure you can manage it.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #582
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Thinking of your girls in the Northeast. Hard to believe you are having such nasty weather when we are getting nothing. Still dry here in the Midwest.

Linda - You and Debra need to see about coming to KC in July. They are having a Stamp convention in KC and it is always fun. Second year for it. I will send you dates once I get them. Maybe you could come a day early and we could hit some of the LSS. Just a thought.

Had my class today and it was lots of fun. My niece was able to come with her 8 year old son and we had so much fun. Now I need to get some valentine cards ready to mail to my parents and my sister in TX. Probably only send 2 this year. Have too many other projects going on.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #583

Hello everyone! I haven't taken time to read back on the posts, but the chocolate bacon sounds yummy to me!! Here's a link at Taste of Home for chocolate bacon; may have to try it sometime! Chocolate-Covered Bacon Recipe | Taste of Home Recipes

And, in the Hope You Can Cling To recipe thread there is a recipe for bacon jam!!

I'm with Kathy, anything bacon would be yummy to me!

I had a hair appointment today; have to drive hour and a half for a "good" beautician to color and cut my hair! So, I make a day of it; went to Hobby Lobby and Super Joann's store in that city and then treated myself to Red Lobster's teriyaki salmon for lunch. Now waiting for DH to come home so we can go out for supper!

IMKE, thank you for the treat you sent as a thank you for last round cardkit. The card you enclosed is adorable; I love it; and, the chocolate is sooooo good! You didn't have to do that, but I'm glad you did!
Old 02-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #584

Well, my fingers hit the enter key before I was done with message above!!

Hope those of you on the east coast stay safe and warm. Indiana used to get storms like that but we haven't had lots of snow/wind for quite awhile. Very mild winters in recent years.

I'm going to a crop tomorrow and don't have anything ready to take!! Guess I'll be deciding what I want to work on later this evening and hope I can get it packed up and not forget anything!

DH will be home soon so will go for now.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday evening; and, if you are in the bad weather zone, try to get crafty, if all else fails! LOL
Old 02-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #585
Pearl-ExPert

Chocolate bacon?! Ugh!!

I do have to admit that I'm not an altered item person. I can't even do notebooks. Despite at least a couple of attempts.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #586
Stazon Splitcoast

Stay safe on the east coast girls..I feel for you.

We are still desperate for moisture of any kind. We may get some heavy rains Sat. night or Sun.

Tracie, I'll tell Debra and see what she thinks. After Denise and I went to CKC in Tulsa I will never miss that again or come to KC and go with you and Vickie but don't want to miss out on it and I want to take a Heartfelt Creations class.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 02-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #587
Glitter Guru

Hey Vickie, here is a bacon and brown butter choc. chip cookie recipe, I saw it on someone's blog, looks amazing.

Brown Butter, Bacon & Chocolate Chip Cookies |

I think you are the only one here who would be interested!

Tracie, sounds like a great class. That's awesome.

Vickie, sounds like a good lunch and now dinner out, that sounds like fun, too.

Is it coming down Susanne? It's pretty light here so far, maybe an inch or two. But soccer is cancelled for tomorrow already.

Linda, a heartfelt creations class would be amazing. Such pretty stamps and dies!
Old 02-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #588
Watercolor Wizard

Hiya from windy 52mph Boston winds here! We actually ordered a pizza and had it delivered--was chatting with Farmer Sharon (she was shopping on Craigslist--I was emailing the people to call her about furniture) too funny how she just doesn't get email..haha...Anywho, she mentioned that her hubby closed one restaurant but kept the pizza shop open--until it got bad--so why not order? The only employees that were delivery guys owned 4 wheel trucks...so, we ate dinner @ 5ish tonight! I just walked Muddy (quick back yard romp) and it is blowing ice crystals out there--you also hear a wind way up --so far about 5" of snow light fluffy stuff...snacks are good...wine later...playing with my new SU stuff have a class on Sunday...so need to whip up something wonderful for them ladies to HAVE TO BUY! hahaha

Rolled some of Patrick's baseballs up and down the long hallway for Muddy to go fetch--he was barking at me--like tellin' ME to go fetch! Shane was putting golf balls into a glass...Patrick just got all bundled up to go sledding--now sure if he's in or out...so that's how we roll in the snow!

Think I am going to ck out movies on Amazon rentals...have a good night ya all

Old 02-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #589
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Kathy - That recipe looks interesting. Made me laugh.

Linda - CKC is in October. I don't know if I will ever get Vickie back to KC. Seems like she was sick along time afterwards. Of course you know I would love it if all you girls would come to KC. We would have a blast.

I do believe someone is having a birthday tomorrow. Just finished mt valentine cards. Now I need to finish up a couple bd cards.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:33 PM   #590

Kathy, thanks for the recipe link! I've printed it off; may have to try it sometime.

Tracie, we'll see how I get along with my flight to Dallas in June/July; the flight to KC was the culprit! Tracie has no idea what my voice truly sounds like...I could hardly talk while I was at CKC 'cause I "lost" my voice and by the time I got home I had fluid in my right ear! Doc said it was the air pressure on the going up and coming down in the plane!

Tracie, sounds like you had a fun class.

I still haven't pulled things together for the crop tomorrow. I really wanted to create the cards for the PTI swap, but I have no clue what I want to create. May just take a few stamps and some dies to play and try to come up with a card. I am going to take Ethel's friend Ralph with me and color him up and put him on a card for across the hall.

Getting off the computer now so I can try and throw some things into my rolling bag; sheesh! I also need to find something to take for lunch since it's brown bag! *sigh* so much fun, so little time to get it together!

Wishing everyone a goodnight!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:57 PM   #591
Hardware Hotshot

Be sure and post the dates when the stamp class is ... KC isn't horribly far for me. I'd love to meet up with y'all.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:30 PM   #592
Pearl-ExPert

Linda,

If you need moisture, you can sure have all of our snow. If only there were a way of getting it there. I better not hear any farmers moaning and groaning about a lack of moisture this spring/summer. Of course, if they don't complain about that, it will be something else. Why choose an occupation that is so weather-dependent?!
Old 02-09-2013, 04:38 AM   #593
SCS BRAK Coordinator

The dates for CKC convention in KC is October 11 & 12. Come one come all.

Joanna - I would love it if you could come. Just a short, boring drive through KS. HA! We could have a real party.

What is everyone up to today?

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATHY. What are you doing on your special day?
Old 02-09-2013, 05:42 AM   #594
Watercolor Wizard

Yeay!!! We have power, cable, hot coffee and about 4 feet of snow--blocking all our doors! At one of my front doors there is about 6 feet + drifting snow! Good thing its a light fluffy snow or we'd be like the south shore w/o power--they got the heavy stuff down there! We are also waiting the for the up surge of water---at the shore--high tide 10am this morning...so lots of issues for the folks that live on the water!

Linda--I saw your request for the birthday list--need to go look for it..

Oh...Happy Birthday Kathleen! Will you be having a snow themed birthday--snowman, hot cocoa and snowball fights? Have a fabulous day!

Tracie--funny you should be talking about the CKC convention--the woman I work for at Accent Scraps--just emailed me last night to see if I will work her April Show in Manchester, NH! They want me both days! <flattered> and I said YES! God know what I am doing in April--but right now it sounds like a good time! The best part is; they pay you cash, 30% discount, give you free stuff and you get into the show for free--how can I not say yes?!

Old 02-09-2013, 05:43 AM   #595
Watercolor Wizard

Happy Birthday Kathleen!!!

Old 02-09-2013, 05:47 AM   #596
Watercolor Wizard

Snowy Clean up day...Hello NEMO! This bottom of this window is even with my waist...(sorry so dark-I didn't have my coffee yet-barely awake photographer!)
Attached Thumbnails
nemo-blizzard-2013-010.jpg   nemo-blizzard-2013-007.jpg  

Old 02-09-2013, 05:52 AM   #597
Glitter Guru

Happy Birthday Kathy !! Wish you a fabulous day with your family and friends !!!

Susanne- OMG !!! SO MUCH SNOW !!! Are you coming out of the house now ? Everything cleared ? Incredible - but I'm glad that everything else is OK.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #598
Hardware Hotshot

Snow!!!!

Okay, finally here are my overdue "thank you's". I hope I can finish it because Claire's supposed to be napping but there are mysterious banging sounds coming through the baby monitor, so not sure what's going on.

Anyway, Pat's kit arrived before I left for Victoria. I oohed and ahhed over it, but didn't have time to post. She sent some great goodies for me, as well as a tasty snack. Love these seeds, Pat. We actually used them as favors at our wedding. I love the paper and the "tweet" stamps to go with. Also, thank you so much for the square envies. I needed those!!

Joanna's two perfectly themed and absolutely adorable kits arrived while we were gone and were waiting for me. My "You are a Cutie Pi" kit has a great MFT die that I can't wait to try out and some super cool, different images. I also love the tape. I haven't tried/played with this product, so it will be fun. The other kit was "Rain Rain Go Away", which feeds my rain/umbrella stamp addiction and has beautiful blue colors.

Thank you so much, both of you!
Attached Thumbnails
img_2656.jpg   img_2650.jpg   img_2654.jpg  
Old 02-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #599
Hardware Hotshot

I had a quick question about our scrapbook page exchange. I'm still missing 2 pages, is that right? Wondering if they were shipped and lost? Or just missing as life takes over?
Old 02-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #600
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Birthday Kathy!! [/SIZE][/SIZE]

Your card just went out today...so hope you have an awesome day!!

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Closed Thread