Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree88Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 08:03 AM   #521
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Patti, the CKC Ft. Wayne is May 31 and June 1. It would be wonderful to meet up!!! Hope it works out! Would love to meet you IRL!! I'll post a link the the Ft. Wayne site.

Hope everyone has a super Sunday! Guess it is Super Bowl Sunday....I've never watched it; don't even know who is playing or where it's being played...guess I'm not really sports-minded. If my kids and/or grandkids are playing, then I watch!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-03-2013, 08:04 AM   #522

Here's the CKC Fort Wayne link:

CKC-Fort Wayne

Come one come all!
Old 02-03-2013, 12:38 PM   #523
Watercolor Wizard

Happy SuperBowl Sunday Everyone! Ahhh...finally relaxing after a very busy weekend. I went to my LSS AE's 15 year birthday celebration yesterday morning--brought my homemade oatmeal choc chunk cookies and orange slices--When I walked in the door and hollared..."Who want's breakfast?" lotta takers! We made (4) cards at the Make & Takes tables and I won some cool Dylusions Sprays with my raffle ticket--it was fun--nice people, good positive energy...And, after the classes--I finally bought my bow die! <applause here> hahaha I bought the cute (more rounded style die) by MFT...can't wait to open it! Also we made a card using Starfoam stickers--really neat--not stickers in the sense like we know them...but lines of sticky silver/black (a lot of colors available) hollowed out 12" designs to enhance a card--So think about wanting to frame something with a small shinny design--BINGO--these stickers strips (if you will) just pull off and you place it on a card--check em out--I know I am "enabling" again..but they are cheap fun! I bought silver--it looks like metal--kinda cool

Last night up until 2am-then up this morning at 6AM--baked 2 kinds of cookies (doubled recipes) so I did that, made place cards for all the food and items and the Moxie poster--by the time I hoped in the shower to go to the event--I asked Tom to circle around grab mama a coffee so I can get some spunk back! Oy Vey was I tired--but, I have to tell you the turn out in Althea's memory was amazing<--I mean there must have been 300+ people in this huge hall, it was light, airy, the receiving line--we waited 45 minutes and the line never stopped! Lotsa love for Althea>..a very nice event and I am so proud to have been a part of it! I will sleep like a baby tonight! Next week my class here on Saturday!

Well, off to put on the chix for dinner (chili is purring in the crockie) I may sneak in a lil' power nap--Have a good week everyone!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 02-03-2013, 12:38 PM   #524
Die Cut Diva

Yesterday's crops were both fun..a few of the same ladies went to both crops. I worked on the 8 1/2 square scrapbook I'm making with photos from my birthday. I am trying to use the AI stamps "girlfriends" into several of the pages. They are so much like the four of us!! I started out with the girls in the little red car heading out for a road trip and everybody loved it. We even picked which lady was "us". Lots of fun!! I have purchased a few other stamps but still waiting for the "girls" under the umbrella. It rained the first afternoon on the road so this will be perfect. I have several photos of us standing under umbrellas.
Hope everyone is having a great SuperBowl Sunday!!
Old 02-03-2013, 02:11 PM   #525
Stazon Splitcoast

Pat, send us some photos of you gals!!

I am enjoying Glenda and we are getting a lot of visiting done here. She always has her kids and hubby to take care of when they are here and we spend very little time talking to her one on one. She came all by herself this trip so we are all taking advantage of this time.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 02-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #526
Glitter Guru

Pat- It seems that the AI stamps fits perfectly for you and your friends.

Susanne- Wow, congrats on your win and your new goodie- THE BOW !! Finally, hm ?? Your class sounds also a lot of fun like Pats .

Linda- Enjoy the time with Glenda. It is apparently rare and precious.

Wish everyone a great Monday !!
Old 02-04-2013, 03:35 AM   #527
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, ladies! I am wondering how Monday arrived so quickly? I'm off to work...hope everyone has a great day!

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 02-04-2013, 04:38 AM   #528
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!
Old 02-04-2013, 07:49 AM   #529
Gabfest Goddess

Had to pop in to let Imke know that a package from Germany has arrived at my doorstep!! It's opened, but I have to go through all the goodies, so I will post pictures, details and a proper thank you a bit later....

Sounds like Susanne, Pat, and Linda had especially busy weekends!

Whew! Susanne, I get worn out just reading all about the stuff you do! What like a lovely tribute to your friend Althea!

Linda, sounds like you are enjoying Glenda's visit without kids!

Vickie, I will see about getting the CKC weekend off, and will check out the website. I'd love to meet you IRL, too!! We'd have such a blast!

Pat, you will have to post some photos of your AI girls and your "girls"! You seem to have the best times!!

gotta go for now...will try to stop in later! Have a great day!
Old 02-05-2013, 06:22 AM   #530

Good morning!

I am going to retake pictures of kit from Tracie; the pics I took are very blurry; erased them from camera and will retake today.

Had a doctor's appointment yesterday with breast doc; everything is good; go back in 6 months. Whew! I always get a little tense with that appointment.

Wishing everyone a terrific Tuesday!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #531

Pictures of February kit from Tracie (thanks again Tracie)

Missing from the kit is the Chex mix and the really cute Valentine treat mix and holder. Chex Mix is long gone as is the treatmix, but the holder is on my computer desk (that's where I munched away on it!) YUM!
Attached Thumbnails
feb-tracie-2-vky.jpg   feb-kit-tracie-vky.jpg  
Old 02-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #532
Hardware Hotshot

I have a couple of thank yous to post (Joanna and Pat), but we got home late last night from our trip and....I want a nap!!! Gotta get one while Claire has one or I'll lose my chance. I"ll be back later.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #533
Glitter Guru

Angela, I don't know if you are a member of Pick Your Plum (you just sign up to join). Every day they send you an email of what is the daily special and todays was brightly colored cupcake wrappers and pastry bags and tips. Super cute, I thought of you and Ivy right away!
Old 02-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #534
Stazon Splitcoast

Fabulous package Vickie! So glad you had another good test result from your Dr.

Have a good evening evryone!

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 02-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #535
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Vickie - So happy results were good.

Kathy - I have never heard of Pick Your Plum. Something else I need to find.

Off to make a lemon cake to take to work. Always celebrating something at work. I swear I will lose weight when I am not working any more. HA!

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 02-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #536
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello everybody!

Vickie, that is great news about your Dr. appt!

We will leave before 4 a.m. tomorrow to head to the Dr.

Kathleen, I will have to check out Pick Your Plum...thanks for the tip, it sounds interesting!

Great packages arriving!

Linda, is Glenda still there? It sounds like you are enjoying your visit!

Tracie, the lemon cake sounds refreshing. Is the frosting a bit tart or sweet?

Just wanted to clarify that I did not go to the dance with the girls, just out for dinner...Ivy would have drawn the line at that! LOL

Davis is staying with my parents tonight and is then going after school tomorrow to make homemade dog biscuits with our friend "Super Sue". Susie is all gung ho to sell them at the Farmer's Markets this summer and is practicing. Davis loves to spend time with her.

Better get things caught up; am trying to get to bed early tonight.

I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 02-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #537
Gabfest Goddess

Good news, Vickie! That kind of news is very encouraging! Keep up the good work!! Great kit from Tracie....that lady sure knows how to put a WOW kit together, doesn't she?

I wanted to stop in to post photos of the February kit I received from Imke, but I am having technical difficulties. I use Picasa to edit and resize my photos so they will fit in the gallery and on the thread, and I cannot get the program to open!! I just used it Saturday to post the photos of Tracie's and Linda's kits! Sooo frustrating! I will just have to work on it. Til then...

Imke sent me not one, not two, but THREE kits! (she said she made more kits because I did not ask for any stamps!) One kit has the cutest furniture images...chairs, couches, pillows (PTI "On my Couch") with funny/cute sayings to go along with it. The papers and ribbons are fabulous with deep greens, chocolate-y browns, and peachy/pumpkin color patterned papers. I LOVE, love, love that Imke stamped some of the images for me on patterned paper so that I can paper piece!!

Another kit has PTI's "Lighten Up" and she included tons of die cuts to match the stamps! Papers are in some of my favorite colors of pinks, kraft, and blues. Everything in it will make it soooo easy to make some awesome cards!

The third kit is for me to make a bookmark! It has PTI's "All Booked Up" images (the card you sent, Imke, that was made with this set, is so cute! I was so happy to see that you included some of the images for me!!) Papers, cardstock and embellies in beautiful greens and purples, with the yummiest stip of deep purple felt!

She also included a PTI die for me "Rolled Daisy". I am thrilled, since I do not have that die, and though I am trying not to acquire new stamps, dies are getting to be my new "thing"! I am crazy about dies ever since I got the Vagabond from DH for Christmas!

Oh, and there WAS a most delicious, huge, dark chocolate bar!!

Imke, thank you so very much! You have spoiled me, my dear, and I love you for it!! What a wonderful package to receive! Many, many thanks to you!
Old 02-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #538
Gabfest Goddess

Imke, because I wil be gone until February 18, and my birthday package to you took three weeks to reach you, I decided to put your March kit in the mail now. I hope you do not mind if it reaches you before March. And, after I visited the post office, I returned home to find that I left out the card and treat for you. So when I return, I will send another small package with those things I forgot! I must be too excited to go on my trip!
Old 02-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #539
Stazon Splitcoast

Oooo, Patti, sounds like a fun package!

Gosh darn it, Kathleen, the combo deal was sold out...would have loved to have the decorating tips! Good deal too...I signed up....

Old 02-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #540
Stazon Splitcoast

Glenda is still here. We will take her to the airport on Thursday at noon.

Where is Susanne? She hasn't been here for several days. Hope all is well with you Susanne!

Have fun on your trip Patti!

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 02-05-2013, 06:02 PM   #541
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Angela - I baked the lemon cake with a lemon cake mix and added lemon jello. The frosting was juice from 2 lemons and 2 cups powdered sugar. Tart but you poke holes in the cake and it is so yummy. It was a request from one of the nurses at work who is leaving and going to another hospital. We seem to be having alot of that lately.

Patti - Arizona sounds wonderful.

Imke - I am putting your package in the mail next week because I want to make sure you get it also. Just a tad nervous the way mail is these days.

Meljen's Designs
Old 02-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #542
Die Cut Diva

Heather so glad you got my package!!
Old 02-06-2013, 05:03 AM   #543
Glitter Guru

Vickie, great news from the Dr. so happy for you!

Angela, they seem to rerun their specials, so that one might come back. They'll send you a daily email. Good luck at the Dr. today with Ivy, keep us posted. Sounds like Davis has a fun day planned. We bought dog biscuits at a craft fair one time for my SIL's dog. The lady even personalized them with some sort of dog safe frosting in a piping bag, so cute.

Pat, those AI stamps will be great in a friend scrapbook, how fun. I love the one in the car, it's so festive and funny.

Fun kits Vickie and Patti!

Linda, glad you are having a great visit with Glenda!

Tracie, lemon cake sounds wonderful. I've got to tell you the chocolate cake was a HUGE hit! Everyone loved it. My 9 year old said I bake the best cakes and should write a cookbook, lol. I came clean and told him I got the recipe from a friend. It was so moist and delicious and the PB frosting was amazing. I will make it again for sure. Thanks so much for sharing that recipe!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-06-2013, 10:29 AM   #544
Glitter Guru

Vickie- Im happy for your about the very good news from your Dr. Way to go and have fun with your fabulous package from Tracie.

Heather- I hope you had a wonderful time on the trip. And what a nice surprise to get two packages as a "welcome home". Enjoy it !

Patti- You are very welcome !! I had a lot of fun to make your kits. And I'm glad you like them and the rest. Perhaps you can take it on your trip ? Thanks for your lovely comment about my card. I case it from Maille Belles blog. I totally love her style !
Thanks for letting me know about my package. So nice of you to send it sooo early. AND you dont have to send another one. Im sure its more than enought whats in your first one Thanks my friend !!

Tracie- Also to you: Many thanks that you send it in time. Im looking for

I think at the moment it takes 10-14 days. I suppose it was definitely Christmas it took so long.
The package from Denise has not arrived yet. I'm still waiting. Linda said she has sent it around Christmas, then it would soon arrive. Until now it has taken no longer than 6 weeks !

Susanne- Where are you my friend ? I hope everything is ok ?
Old 02-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #545
Hardware Hotshot

Spent this morning with a friend helping her set up her "Big Kick". She is a fabric crafter and bought it so she could use it to make felted wool applique flowers. I helped her experiment how to arrange the sandwich to get the dies to work.

My friend is HUGE into grunge so she bought almost all of the Tim Holz dies. I was surprised to see that the Tim Holz "magnetic dies" don't work in her BK (I mean I did get it to run through but only after jamming a school phone list to shim it up. Why do you suppose he made his dies like that? The Time Holz dies sponsored by Sizzix work fine. Is it a deliberate attempt to get people to buy his "vagabond?" I gotta say, I don't think I'd buy any of his magnetic dies after this morning.

I can't wait to see the quilt that she makes with her Sizzix machine.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #546
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Joanna - To get the Tim Holtz magnetic dies to work, you have to buy a special magnetic tray. I didn't realize that either and they told me at the LSS I go to so one more thing to buy. But it works great in my Big Shot after I got the tray. Just another purchase! HA!

Lemon cake was a big hit today. Not one crumb left. Tonight I made brownies. We are having a chocolate challenge at work and we are all trying different recipes. These had caramel in them. I'm sure they will be yummy.

Meljen's Designs
Old 02-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #547
Stazon Splitcoast

Yeah! Vicki so happy your test results were good!

Angela will be thinking about you and Ivy today!

Patti your kit will be there when you get back sorry I didn't get it mailed before you had to leave.

Everyone's kits have been amazing! All I can say is WOW! WOW! WOW!
Old 02-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #548
Watercolor Wizard

Hello hello..I am here--just "sped red" through a few pages to get caught up! We are expecting anywhere form 12" to 29" of snow Friday thru Saturday(depends on our 50 mph winds and from where they blow...) so I have to move my class yet again! I think it will be the following Saturday (16th) now! But that's what happens when you live on the snowy side of the map!

Patti--so excited for you--have a blast--take pictures!

Farmer Sharon has a fresh new puppy over there and I have yet to meet her!!! Tom keeps teasing me that they are purposely not letting me come over because she (pup) is Stephen's dog and in strict training to be a hunter--no cute stuff from me! I told Sharon this just now over the phone and she was laughin'...she promised I could meet and hold her tomorrow--I tell ya, its all I have not to go over there and demand to hold that fresh lil' pup! haha I keep telling Muddy he's my #1--so I have to go cheat on him tomorrow and get my puppy fix!

Vickie Schmickie--congrats on the positive DR visit! <it's got to be hard to keep going back all the time> Nice-ah kits! Wowza Tracie-I just want to stare at it! Great job!

Funny: This pertains to our Ralph image (the bubbles I made from my loops and Glossy accents don't look so much like bubbles; can I say the word;prophylactics in here? Ha-ha...you'll see what I mean when I upload it later!

Found this cute stamp from Rileyandcompanyonline--@ AE this past weekend and it says "Dip it in chocolate. It'll be fine." I almost used it for Ralph our cowboy!!!

Okay, time to go upload--hope my batteries in the digital camera are not too "exhausted"...I keep forgetting to buy new ones and tired of my camera telling me it's exhausted when I barely use it!
Happy Wednesday & Thursday now!

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 02-07-2013, 06:27 AM   #549
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

I have been really tempted by the Tim Holtz magnetic dies, but have no idea how they work so have not tried them. I do have some of his regular dies though.

Well, yesterday was a long day. On the road shortly after 4 a.m. Long registering process and computerized questionnaire for Ivy to fill out too. It involved home/family life, school, friend, activity, pain, etc. questions. In addition to other things, I think they were trying to determine if this was affecting the patient's self esteem. I had to laugh because one of the questions asked your ethnicity and Ivy chose "Other". I said, "Wait a minute, go back. You are Caucasion!" Since Caucasion/White wasn't the choice, she marked Other. LOL "Mom, we don't talk about that at school. We just talk about African American. I thought Caucasion was Hawaiian." Good grief...we had to tease her about that!

I'm not so sure what I think about the outcome. She has a 43 degree curve, affecting 17 vertebrae. He thinks she is done growing, so is not going to put her in a brace at this time. He wants her to do yoga to strengthen her core, and see her again in 6 months. Because she has a strange curve, he is "worried" that it may progress even though she is supposedly done growing. We are to come back if she has increased pain or new problems. Of course, pain will be an issue; this will likely increase with age. The only way to fix the problem is to have the surgery which entails 5-7 days in the hospital and 6 months of recovery including no PE or sports. The part I have problems with is that he told her she is "driving the bus", meaning it is her choice. I agree that she needs to have a huge say in how this is treated, but at age 14 she is not equipped to make a mature decision. This is the girl who is afraid of an injection! She will do just about anything to avoid a Dr. because of this...including not telling us she has been having pain for the past year. Of course, she doesn't want to do yoga either because that is for "old people". I told her I would buy her a DVD and a mat and she could do it in her room; we could light a candle and play soothing music. Her friend Super Sue and her Grandma offered to go with her so she may be changing her mind about a class.

I told the Dr. that I didn't understand how this could have been missed at her physicals, that I was a bit angry that it had, and I had no clue that I needed to check her back. He told me that as her parent I shouldn't have had to do this. The tough thing is that I didn't know what I didn't know. Now I do and it's too late. So, please ladies, check your young ones' backs...girls, and boys too. The most crucial time for girls is 12-18 months after they start their menses. (Ivy was 10, so has this been worsening for the past 4 years?) Also they think this is genetic, although neither I nor her Dad know of any scoliosis in our families.

This has been a very emotional and exhausting time...I havn't slept well for the past 3 weeks. Just hoping to resume some sense of normalcy here while waiting for the next appt.

Sorry to have written a book ladies....

Hope everybody has a good day.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:57 AM   #550
Glitter Guru

Angela, I was just coming on to see if there was an update from you. Too funny about the Caucasian box!

I agree, as the parent, you should have a say, too. What teen is going to opt for surgery and a 6 mos. recovery. It should have been phrased as a family decision. She is probably glad that no brace is recommended right now.

As for yoga, it is tough and definitely would strengthen her core. They make really beautiful yoga outfits, maybe that would help make her interested. How nice that your family friend and grandma offered to go with her to a class.

I'm glad you saw the specialist, I know it's been weighing heavily on your mind. Keeping you in my thoughts!

{{{hugs}}}
Old 02-07-2013, 07:09 AM   #551

Angela, I don't know much about scoliosis and probably should since I have 3 daughters; but, I think they were checked every now and then in elementary school by the school nurse. I am going to pass this info on to my DD to check my 13 year old DGD. Kalei is very athletic and also started menses at age 10. (sheesh! I was almost 14 before it hit me!) My daughters had all started by age 12. Will continue to keep you both in thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for the thoughts about my doctor appointment; I truly appreciate it.

I have Heather's cardkit package all wrapped up and ready to go to PO; but, I forgot to include the card and note about the stamped images! The images were all stamped with memento ink; I'm pretty sure I included a sticky note with the names of the sets the images are from.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!
Old 02-07-2013, 07:30 AM   #552
Hardware Hotshot

I'm sure I should respond to a lot more of your post, but I'm at work and only have a few minutes!

What I wanted to say, is tell Ivy to consider checking out some of the yoga studios and see what she thinks. Here in Canada, I would NEVER have thought of yoga as an "old people" things. Yoga studios are very popular and trendy (including hot yoga) and there are even many classes for kids. I've heard great things about the hot yoga, but haven't tried it myself.

Do you guys have Lulu Lemon in the US? It's a very popular store with the kids and I think they even offer classes in their stores. But, I think it originated in Vancouver, so it might not be in the US yet. Apparently their clothing makes your butt look great too!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:03 AM   #553
Hardware Hotshot

Yoga is HUGE here too. I have a friend who does "sweaty yoga" (hot yoga) and she swears by it for shaping her body and giving her grace. I've been meaning to try it sometime but I've always stopped at the thought of being the most ungraceful person in the room. I should go.

I am so sorry that you are having to go through this Angela. I think about you all the time. Hang in there.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #554
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
I've been meaning to try it sometime but I've always stopped at the thought of being the most ungraceful person in the room.
Two things worry me....smelling horrible from all that heat!!! And, bending my body into strange positions might cause a few little...um, noisy emissions!! I suppose I don't have to worry about that, right? Women never fart!!

Just a quick update and story on Claire. Yesterday I got home and happened to glance in my craft room...... .... paper EVERYWHERE!! She got into one of my scrap stashes yesterday. Ryan wasn't sure where it belonged, so he just left it on the floor for me to deal with. He did manage to rescue some of the "good" paper that she also tried to play with. I think I need new organization ideas to keep things out of her hands!!

She's growing so fast! Not walking much yet, but a bit. She also figured out how to ride her little truck yesterday and was playing with the door to my craft room (I tried to keep her out by closing the door, so she crawls in there, in the dark, and shuts the door behind her. I guess to keep me out). We got a new carseat for her earlier this week and installed it and she looks so grown up in her front facing "big girl" seat. Now I can see her wide, curious eyes while we're driving.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #555
Stazon Splitcoast

Claire is a very smart little girl to already be hooked on pretty paper! I think it is funny how clever the little ones are and working around things to do what they want to do. Too funny Heather.

Angela, you and Ivy are in our prayers dailey and have been since you first discovered her problem. I agree that at 14 she shouldn't have all the say in her treatments, should be a family decision with you and your husband as well as Ivy. Thinking of you all and praying you sleep much better tonight. Can Ivy still participate in sports?

Heather you made me smile about the yoga. I know at my age I would have to do the Yoga in the privacy of my own home because I know exactly what you are talking about.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 02-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #556
Hardware Hotshot

Oh Heather ... you said EXACTLY what I was also thinking about!! Made me giggle!
Old 02-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #557
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeOnline View Post
Two things worry me....smelling horrible from all that heat!!! And, bending my body into strange positions might cause a few little...um, noisy emissions!! I suppose I don't have to worry about that, right? Women never fart!!
LOL Heather...you crack me up! Women FLUFF!!!

Old 02-07-2013, 02:02 PM   #558
Stazon Splitcoast

I, too, like that Claire is getting hooked on pretty paper...you are never to young to appreciate crafty goodies!

Kathleen, she was actually hoping for the brace...she thought it would save her from the "needle", meaning an IV for surgery. The brace sounds like it would really be just a band-aide at this point. I heard her tell my mother that she would have surgery if it's worse at her next check-up.

Linda, she can do anything she wants to do now. She would really be upset if she couldn't do PE and volleyball; she announced not too long ago that she won't be going out for track though.

7 kids and the band director left for honor band after school today. I took them fresh baked cookies and bottled water as they were preparing to leave. (I also took Ivy some panty hose...she has a beautiful lace dress and fancy pumps and she was planning to go bare legged...with hairy legs! Gross! At least the hose might help...if she wears them. That's a big if....)

Have any of you seen Origami Owl Jewelry? It is really neat. My Mom's friend from Arizona was having a party and her necklace was so cool. I think I may check into selling it...I like the design your own/personalized style...cool!

Davis gets to pick supper tonight...spagetti and garlic bread...that's easy enough! I had to run to town for a few things today, so I stopped at the cupcake place and brought home some cupcakes so I could compare size, amount of frosting, etc. with Ivy's. I have been waiting all afternoon for him to come home so we could sample them together...I forgot that he volunteers at the library. They have been calling my name, but I have been holding strong.

Tracie, did you win the chocolate contest at work today?

Old 02-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #559
Die Cut Diva

Imke I rec'd your chocolatee thank you today...so sweet of you. I was a bit down today when I got home from work and wondered what the brown package in my mailbox was...so nice to get happy mail, especially chocolate from Germany. Thank YOU my friend, it really wasn't necessary though. I enjoy making up packages to send you girls...almost as much fun as getting them!!
Old 02-07-2013, 02:41 PM   #560
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry you had a bad day, Pat.

Closed Thread