Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree88Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 01:08 AM   #481
Glitter Guru

Patti- My package is also on it´s way. But first, you have the packages from Tracie and Vickie - enjoy them !

Angela- Davis is a joker and Ivy´s cupcakes looks sooooo goooood !

PTI Lovers- At 05 feb the festivities begin for their 6 anniversary. I'm excited to see what they have come up with this time.
On my wish list for a long time is the "Lovely Layers" and "Harvest Berries" plus the matching dies. Let's see what will be released in February - maybe i will place an order then......

Have a nice day !
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-31-2013, 04:22 AM   #482
Glitter Guru

Did you hear that ?
The Cookie Monster stole the golden cookie of company logos in Hannover, Germany !!
Hanover is my neighboring town. A half-hour drive away. I'm curious how the story ends. It's funny in any case.

newspaper article
Old 01-31-2013, 04:27 AM   #483
Gabfest Goddess

We are having some pretty high winds this morning here in NE Ohio, and it is starting to snow. Not sure how long my internet will last in this, especially with the problems I've had lately, but had to let Tracie and Linda know that both of your package's contents remained intact--great packing, ladies!! And OH MY!! WOW, wow, wow!! I will get photos and post details laters. Thank you both, Linda and Tracie (ummm, Linda, the Simply Caramel bars won't make it into the photo...and by this afternoon, Tracie, I'm not sure the dark chocolate with sea salt bar will make it either!!) Oh my, ladies, I am overwhelmed by your generosity, thanks to you both!!

and Miss IMKE!!! I believe your month to be showered is coming up very soon, so PLEASE do not be buying any of your favorite PTI things just yet....Just saying....

off to bed with me, hope to check back in later!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:41 AM   #484
Hardware Hotshot

Sadly, I too shop at Mildred's Secret Barn for undies. Good for you, getting some goodies for Ivy, Angela. What a caring mom you are.

I'm a little surprised that there is a (um, naughty?) picture on Pinterest. They are usually really good about blocking that sort of thing.

I just got back from MY secret addiction ... The Container Store. It's just sad how much I can spend trying to make my house look organized! I had to get in while the Elfa was still on sale tho.

Tracie: if you liked Sugar Queen, you should also read Garden Spells and The Peach Keeper. Both are by Sarah Addison Allen as well. I love her books, quirky but sweet reads.

I put Holli in doggie day-care today so I could go to Denver and now I'm going to spend the rest of my afternoon crafting. Yay.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:49 AM   #485
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Wow! I received the package from Tracie today! Thank you so very much! It is awesome! I will post a picture tomorrow, but here are some of the goodies Tracie included: Chex Mix - yum! one of my fave crunchy snacks! A gorgeous card with a heart doily for the background. A candy holder that I don't want to untie yet until I take the picture! A cute holder with some treat mix in it (again, won't untie it until I get a picture), 2 stamp sets, 6x6 paper pads, cardstock, bling, buttons, fibers/ribbon, liquid adhesive, stick pins, bookmark, memory box die, embossing folder, so much goodness! Thank you thank you thank you!
Old 01-31-2013, 03:09 PM   #486
Stazon Splitcoast

Angela, good for you taking Ivy shopping for pretty things. I shop at the same store as the rest of you Mildred's.

My cameo came late this evening and it is set up but something is not right so waiting until morning and calling their help line. I don't want to make any mistakes to tear it up.

Packages sound great. Can't wait to see photos.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 01-31-2013, 03:10 PM   #487
Stazon Splitcoast

Patti, good to see you. Sending you a pm.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 01-31-2013, 03:15 PM   #488
Glitter Guru

Patti, glad your packages survived the weather! Sounds like some fun goodies!

I'm cracking up at Mildred's Barn, sadly I pretty much shop there, too, lol! Davis is a hoot for sure. I shared the toilet paper crossing the road joke and the boys loved it.

Good for you getting some free time Joanna, that little pup is cute, but a handful. Thanks for the comments on my photos. I use a light box, it's a homemade one from PVC pipes, my dad made it for me. I shoot them at an angle, cause I can't get a straight photo if I go straight on, lol! No real special tricks, my camera is an older Kodak one, it's only 7 megapixels, I think. My dh got me a fancy SLR one a few birthdays ago, but I can't master it. My final thing that I think makes a difference for me is that I adjust the curves (white balance) on Pixlar when I edit my photos. It makes the background whiter and brighter. It's really hit or miss for me, sometimes I like the way the pics look, but other times I feel like everything looks fuzzy.

Linda, you won the gift certificate from the From the Heart blog hop!!! Congrats! So excited to see someone I know win.

Angela, those choc. cupcakes look so good! Ivy is really doing well with this. She doesn't need help in the kitchen, probably because she has such a good teacher (you)!

Sounds like a fun kit Vickie, enjoy!

Chuck and I have been doing P90X videos the past two weeks. Today I hurt my leg, think it's the hamstring on yoga of all things, lol! That is the hardest video in the series, it's 90 minutes of advanced yoga (I can't keep up very well). Anyway, I can barely get up the steps, so I'm off to sit on the heating pad for a while.

Tracie and Linda, I did like Sugar Queen, it was a sweet story! I may try the ones you recommended Linda, I think I would enjoy them. I also will probably get another from Sarah Addison Allen, good idea Jo!

Hope everyone has a great night!
Old 01-31-2013, 03:21 PM   #489
Stazon Splitcoast

I got an email from Faith. Yea!! Thanks Kathy for making sure I know!! I am excited!

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 01-31-2013, 03:53 PM   #490
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie1974 View Post
Linda,

You may not be enjoying your coloring right now, but I have to say you do beautiful work. I still have a card from you that is wonderfully colored. I would LOVE to learn to color like that, but I will never be able to afford the Copics. Have any of you ladies tried the Spectrum Noir markers? If so, what did you think?
I took coloring lessons from Suzanne Dean. She colors with Copics but also colors with the Shin Han markers. They are alcohol markers but cheaper thank Copic Markers and she and Jeannie Shrief both advertise them...They color beautiful with them.

Thanks for the sweet complitment.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 01-31-2013, 03:58 PM   #491
Stazon Splitcoast

Good things going on here...packages arriving and Linda's Cameo...so exciting! I can't wait to hear the full report on the Cameo...I always think that type of thing is way too techie for me.

Joanna, sounds like you had a great day!

Patti, it is cold and windy here too; glad there's no snow, as it would be blizzard conditions. Enjoy your packages and your treats!

Well, glad to know you don't all think I am a horrible Mom for taking Ivy to V.S. I think there is a big difference between shopping there with your Mom, opposed to your boyfriend. I cringe when I see the young girls there with boyfriends. Of course, we had the discussion about underthings being private...except for in the girl's locker room. As far as Mildred's, I am a fan for sure...hate to admit it, but I prefer granny panties! LOL

Glad your boys enjoyed the toilet paper joke, Kathleen! Sorry to hear about your hamstring.... Ack!

The cupcakes have really taken off! A funny thing happened today; Ivy told me one of the boys in her class wanted to buy one. How sweet is that? DH said he likes her, if he would have wanted a cupcake he would have went and bought a Hostess one. She told me the other day she has no time for boys...school all day, homework, practice oboe, then go to bed. So glad she is not boy crazy! LOL She would really rather spend free time with the girls. On the other hand, Davis loves the girls!

Off to get supper on the table....

Is anybody watching Project Runway? What do you think of the "team" idea? Going to Mood is on my bucket list...Joanna, do you want to come along?

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 01-31-2013, 04:51 PM   #492
Watercolor Wizard

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanstampler View Post
I know. I kneel mostly and then hurt the knee when getting up.
It's not only the kneeling part but the HOISTING UP part--I laugh at myself like...come on..lift up already!!! hahahaha

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 01-31-2013, 05:57 PM   #493
Stazon Splitcoast

Angela, that is too funny about Davis and the girls..Ivy is just not beautiful but levelheaded to and that is very important. Glad those beautiful cupcakes are selling.

Kathy, hope you are feeling better. I've always wondered about yoga. If you have pulled muscles and so young I guess that tells me I need to forget that.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 01-31-2013, 10:00 PM   #494
Glitter Guru

Congrats Linda !!! I just read the news !! I´m so happy for you !!

You will get a bunch of wonderful images for 25 $. Have fun shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
I got an email from Faith. Yea!! Thanks Kathy for making sure I know!! I am excited!
Old 01-31-2013, 10:09 PM   #495
Glitter Guru

Kathy- I once tried yoga but it's too boring for me. LOL It's super good for your body that´s for sure, but I miss the action . It´s totally great that you're doing it together with Chuck.

Susanne- Our old bones....what will happen when we are really old ? LOL

Linda- At the risk that I make a fool of myself but what is a CAMEO ? This is the machine that you've won ?

Vickie- Have fun with your goodies.

Patti- Don´t worry, I will not go shopping before I got my kart kit Shower in March. But look and write a wish list is allowed

Happy Friday to everyone !

Last edited by germanstampler; 01-31-2013 at 10:42 PM..
Old 02-01-2013, 04:06 AM   #496
Glitter Guru

Linda, have fun with the Cameo, so exciting. I saw that Gina K had a tutorial video on just the basics, hooking it up and stuff. You might be well beyond that already, but just thought I'd mention it in case you needed a video. I'm not good with directions, but if I see it, I'm a bit better.

Angela and Joanna, if you make a trip to Mood, I'm in, lol! I'm only about an hour from NYC. I haven't seen the new Project Runway at all, will have to check it out.

Imke, the yoga is rather boring, lol. I have no idea how I pulled something doing that. There are other videos in the series, especially a kick boxing type one, that would seem more likely to cause an injury. Must have just moved the wrong way. Maybe, it's just back to everything is starting to fall apart, lol.

Angela, that is so great that the cupcakes are taking off! Way to go Ivy! She's raising money for a summer trip right? Is it the one from church that she did last summer? That looked like a lot of work, but fun too. I think it's great that she does community things like this to help others!

Off to get the kids off to school.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:26 AM   #497
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Well girls - glad the kits made it to you. I was aiming for Feb 1 but looks like they made it a little early.

Linda - Can't wait to see what you come up with using your Cameo. You better go buy a lottery ticket. I think you are one lucky gal. Congrats on the $25 prize.

Angela - Sounds like Ivy is doing well with her cupcakes.

Joanna - Thanks for the tips on the books. I requested them at our Local library.

For all of you who say they have lost their mojo, I just saw a great post HERE . She has some great ideas.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 02-01-2013, 04:36 AM   #498
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Wow! I received the package from Tracie today! Thank you so very much! It is awesome! I will post a picture tomorrow, but here are some of the goodies Tracie included: Chex Mix - yum! one of my fave crunchy snacks! A gorgeous card with a heart doily for the background. A candy holder that I don't want to untie yet until I take the picture! A cute holder with some treat mix in it (again, won't untie it until I get a picture), 2 stamp sets, 6x6 paper pads, cardstock, bling, buttons, fibers/ribbon, liquid adhesive, stick pins, bookmark, memory box die, embossing folder, so much goodness! Thank you thank you thank you!
Wow Vickie--NICE package huh? I am working on your package this weekend--will spend tomorrow at my LSS for their 15th birthday party of make and takes and prizes--have your list with me...plan to do a lil' shopping too!

Old 02-01-2013, 04:38 AM   #499
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2/3 cups baking cocoa
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
2/3 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup brewed coffee, room temperature

Combine dry ingredients. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla, beat for 2 minutes. Stir in coffee (batter will be thin). Pour into a greased 13 x 9 pan. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. Cool completely.

Frosting
1 pkg (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Miniature chocolate chips

Beat the cream cheese and peanut butter in a mixing bowl until smooth. Beat in sugar, milk and vanilla. Spread over cake. Sprinkle with chocolate chips if desired.

Meljen's Designs
Old 02-01-2013, 04:41 AM   #500
Watercolor Wizard

I need to catch up here--This week I am experiencing some outlook email issues with my computer--it seems that every 10 or so emails and I get the 'blue screen of death' freeze out and have to reboot my entire system! Aaack! This ol' gal (my computer) is starting to feel her age too!!! <smiles> So, if I get a lil' quiet around here-it means I can't put up with it any longer and have brought my tower into PCWiz for repair--maybe next week...need it this weekend!

On a funny note--I am designing a chicken card for my UK/USA swap challenge today--amongst other things...Have you all see the WhipperSnapper Designs new stuff--cute! Janice sent me a coupla chicken images and I am doing my best to be silly and well you know me...now that I have chickens living next door--getting a lil' goofy with my card!!!

Have a great weekend everyone--I have to read back to catch up here--Linda's cameo-congrats and have fun....checking out the mojo "HERE" now... lattah gattah's!

Oh..Patti--enjoy AZ...lotsa pictures please?

Old 02-01-2013, 05:03 AM   #501
Gabfest Goddess

Had hoped to post a listing and pics of Linda's and Tracie's February "kit"s, but didn't get home from work until now. We got hit with a huge lake effect snow storm overnight. Every one of our day shift nurses was at least 1/2 late into work, and even though I go opposite the rush hour traffic on the way home from work, it took me 3 x my usual commute time. And lots, and lots, and lots of our schools are closed. What a way to start vacation!

Even though I am off work til Feb. 18, I don't head out to AZ til Feb. 10. My annual February scrappin weekend starts on this coming Thursday, and I will get dropped off at the airport on the way home from Maplebrook Memories. I cannot wait to hold that new granddaughter!

Sus, you and your chickens just crack me up!!

Sorry, girls, if you heard me giggling when everyone was talking about having trouble getting down low on the floor and getting back up again with the old creaky knees/legs. But I was only giggling in recognition....ouch! When did I get so old??

Kathy, my DD did P90X for awhile and boy, did she get buff! She has been in athletics and in good shape all her life, and she said that P90X kicked her butt! I give you lots of credit for tackling that particular workout!

Tracie, it's okay that the February package made it a little early...even though I haven't had time to play with all those wonderful things---yet--they are all sooooo gorgeous, I am enjoying just eyeing them!

Linda, congrats on the Cameo!! I hope you get it up and working soon, and let us know all about it!! The good and the bad, what you think of it, EVERYTHING!! You sure are lucky lately, I agree with Tracie, you should buy some lottery tickets!!

Oh, Imke, you certainly may look and look and make a wish list of all the PTI goodies, just no buying until you get those card kits for your month
and I will be watching my mailman for a German package...

Ooooo, so much more to write, but I booked a manicure for my first day of vacation, and I need to call them (they just opened), to see if the nail tech came in on this horrible weather day. If so, I need to head out.
Hope to be stopping in again here and there before leaving for Maplebrook on the 7th and Phoenix on the 10th. In the meantime, I scheduled a manicure, pedicure, hair color, massage, and Merry Maids to come and give my house a good cleaning before I travel. I'm planning on making this a great couple of weeks off work!

Hope you are all doing well, keeping warm and comfy, and having a great day!
Old 02-01-2013, 09:06 AM   #502
Watercolor Wizard

Patti--have fun!

I meant to click on the swap across the hall--tell Lena her image arrived! Yahoo...giddy-up girl! Now I am working on this and my chickens!!!

Old 02-01-2013, 09:15 AM   #503
Watercolor Wizard

Althea is shinning down on us today...

Last night the lady in charge of Althea's event this Sunday called and ask if I would design a nice poster for the "toasting" table at Althea's event. Althea was not a drinker but her favorite soda was "Moxie"! I of course said YES!

So this morning I needed Althea's husband -Steve’s cell #--I call Bob T (other neighbor to ask if he has it handy). He gives it to me and asks if I need anything while he’s out. I told him I was going to ask Steve for a empty can of “Moxie” for this project I am making for Althea’s event for Sunday. Bob say’s, ‘Well, let’s not bother Steve—I’ll look for one while I am out!” I say, “Okay, thanks!”

Bob tells me to hold on…and gets back on the phone and say’s, “Andyman Bakery only has the plastic bottles of Moxie—Do you want that?” I say, ‘Well, I really had my heart set on their bright orange can---for the graphics and it’s more brand recognizable for my poster display” He say’s “Okay, I will look for one of those while I am running errands.” (How sweet my neighbors are huh?)

No sooner are we saying our good-bye’s and Bob say’s…Wait, wait…I have a Moxie can for you! Huh? He said, I was walking to my car and there was an orange can –I turned it over and it is a Moxie can right near where I parked in the grass by the parking lot!!! <GOOSEBUMPS> I say, Well, I have to have that can—that is Althea shining down on us! We both got goose-bumps…he put the can in my mailbox on his way home!!!

I just washed out that can and letting it dry!

Last edited by Susanne527; 02-01-2013 at 03:09 PM..
Old 02-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #504
Stazon Splitcoast

I am cleaning house, not playing with my cameo. Glenn's daughter Glenda is coming tomorrow for 5 days and she does not do crafts at all so may not get to play much until next weekend. I made one thing and it was fun...a lady at the help center walked me though it but I have a lot to learn and remember....wow!! But I do love it and can't wait to play with it.

Back to housecleaning......

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 02-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #505
Die Cut Diva

Hi Ladies!! So glad the packages are starting to arrive. Heather I mailed yours quite a while ago but I know it takes forever. Hopefully you'll get it soon.

Sorry you can't play with your new toy Linda...but the Gina K video Kathy mentioned sounds great. Love her videos!! Maybe you can squeeze it in soon.

Wow Susanne, I agree she is keeping tabs on the event!!
Old 02-02-2013, 04:10 AM   #506
Gabfest Goddess

Good Saturday morning, ladies! I finally was able to get photos of the February “kits” that Linda and Tracie sent me! Setting these goodies up to photograph made me feel extra grateful all over again…all the time, thought, and effort that went into these packages. We really do have a great group of ladies (everyone!) here. Both ladies were so generous, it would take me a whole page just to list everything. And don’t get me wrong, ladies, I really do LOVE everything sent to me, but here’s a few of of the things that just jumped out at me when I first opened these gorgeous gifts!

Linda’s kit was chock full of reds, and pinks, and hearts! And all the images had heart themes to them. Loved the die cut hearts and flourishes: all of these goodies will be great to make some cards to give my sister as a gift. Since she works in a marriage ministry, she sends lots of thinking of you, and anniversary cards with a love/couples theme. The wonderful things you sent, Linda, will be perfect for making Sue a birthday gift of great cards! And, I can make some gorgeous cards to replenish my anniversary supply. The glue pen is perfect for those little teeny, tiny die cuts and flourishes. And, you know how much I love my kitties, that die cut kitty is awesome! Of course, my favorite Milky Way Simply Caramel Bars never made it into the picture!! Linda, thank you so much for a very wonderful package!

When I first opened Tracie’s kit, I couldn’t help but giggle. She and I have very similar taste. In fact, I sent Tracie a note telling her that the crocheted flowers she sent me by “My Mind’s Eye” were the very same ones I bought to include in her kit!! LOL!! We both really like “My Mind’s Eye” papers, and this kit had the “Breeze” paper pad with matching embellies, an awesome curly wreath die, and the stamped images Tracie included were of kitties and flowers…two o’ my faves! There so many handmade paper-crafted goodies holding edible goodies that I was in awe! Keurig coffee cups package in the cutest little holder, a cereal mix in a cute handmade package, Ghirardelli chocolate, also in a handcrafted package! Plus, Tracie also thought of my love for my kitties with a sweet magnetic cat bookmark. Tracie, you must have spent hours putting this box of fun together! Many, many thanks to you, too!!

I feel truly lucky and grateful to be a part of this group. You all are so wonderfully generous, thoughtful and supportive! Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
round-10-linda.jpg   round-10-linda-part-2.jpg   round-10-tracie.jpg   round-10-tracie-part-2.jpg  
Old 02-02-2013, 04:12 AM   #507
Gabfest Goddess

Susanne, the story of the Moxie can gave me goosebumps! I agree with Pat, Althea is surely watching over this event!
Old 02-02-2013, 04:17 AM   #508
Gabfest Goddess

Jo, I'm with you on The Container Store! Good thing the closest one to me is 100 miles away or I'd never have any money! (not that I have any now! ) How's Holli doing? Still into puppy mischief? And I love your FB updates on the funny/cute things your boys say!
Old 02-02-2013, 04:22 AM   #509
Gabfest Goddess

Vickie, how have you been feeling? Hope the headaches that have been plaguing you have stopped!

Pat, any crafting trips coming up for you? I've been thinking about you and all the fun trips you take as I get ready for next weekends Maplebrook Memories trip. New place for our fun little group (two sis-in-laws, my sister, my daughter, my bestie, and a couple of other gals), I'm interested to see how MBM compares to the Craft Farm that we've gone to for the last 4 years.

Still trying to get caught up on the posts around here....you'd think i'd know better by now not to miss more than a day or two around here.

Still freezing cold here in Ohio, temps in the teens for highs. Can't wait to get on that big metal bird and fly off to Arizona...

Have a great weekend!
Old 02-02-2013, 05:29 AM   #510
Die Cut Diva

Patti your trip to Arizona sounds wonderful...below freezing here too!! We've planned a little overnight roadtrip this month, weather permitting to Northern IN. It's Matoon, IN and I have been in the area before, when I into counted crosstitching and my sister and I would go every spring to a convention they had in Rockome Gardens. Anyway I think its in the general area. We are going to a scrapbooking mall?? Daisy Lane. I didn't know about it but the other girls have been and are excited about going back.
In March we have a four day weekend trip planned near Kentucky Lake. That should be lots of fun. A scrapbook store is having it in a conference area of a state park and we are staying at the lodge there. Of course we will have to run into town and do some shopping at their store.
I need to get showered and dressed, we are going to a crop at the library in the next little town untill 4 and then having dinner out. After dinner we are continuing to crop at a fairly new LSS until 12(midnight). Busy day!! Will do chores tomorrow...another fast weekend!!
Hope everyone has time to get crafty this weekend!!
Old 02-02-2013, 06:24 AM   #511
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Good morning everyone!

Patti, headaches are so random, but so far so good. It's been a week since a bad one.

Our weather is also so sporadic; warm then cold, then rain, then wind, then snow! It's snowing pretty heavy this morning.

I still need to take a pic of the kit I received from Tracie; but, alas, the cute Valentine mix is gone, I held off as long as I could but needed a snack last night, so shared it with DH!! Then, the raspberry and orange filled Ghirardelli squares were shared with no one...I "needed" an afternoon snack yesterday. LOL Chex mix still kinda intact, and can only hope it makes it into the picture!!

Susanne, goosebumps for sure reading your Moxie story.

Patti, enjoy your vacation!

Linda, enjoy your visit with Glenna.

Angela, what a fun shoppiing trip with Ivy; you are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Pat, I'm gonna have to investigate the northern Indiana scrapbook mall!! What a cute name, Daisy Lane. Hmmm....may have to schedule a road trip to see what it's all about!

CKC will be in Fort Wayne (Indiana) the end of May. I'm planning to attend since Tracie got me "hooked" on that event!!

Guess I should fix some breakfast and start the day (I've been up since 8:30 and started making stick pins and lost track of time!)

Hope everyone has a fabulous day.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:26 AM   #512
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclary View Post
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2/3 cups baking cocoa
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
2/3 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup brewed coffee, room temperature

Combine dry ingredients. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla, beat for 2 minutes. Stir in coffee (batter will be thin). Pour into a greased 13 x 9 pan. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. Cool completely.

Frosting
1 pkg (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Miniature chocolate chips

Beat the cream cheese and peanut butter in a mixing bowl until smooth. Beat in sugar, milk and vanilla. Spread over cake. Sprinkle with chocolate chips if desired.
Thanks so much Tracie, I'm putting this in the oven right now!
Old 02-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #513
Stazon Splitcoast

Great packages, Patti!

Have never been to the Container Store...sounds interesting though....

Susanne, that is so strange, but cool, about the soda can.

Patti and Pat, your upcoming trips sound amazing!

Kathleen, Ivy is raising money to go on a People to People trip overseas the summer of 2014. It's quite expensive and we don't have that kind of money, but I told her I would do everything I could to help her earn the money to make it happen. We have raised over 1/8 of the money so far and she will have over a year to raise the rest. I'm sure it will slow down after Valentine's Day, but we have a lot of ideas and help from family and friends. (She is going to return to Chicago for mission work this coming summer; she already has enough money in her church account for that. She said she plans to do it until she goes off to college.)

We sold cupcakes and cards today; she went home early because the cupcakes sold out. Tonight is their MORP dance at school. I offered to take her friends to eat; drop them off and then pick them up and drive them to the dance afterwards. I really didn't think they would want me around. I was surprised when she invited me to stay..."my friends like you". Of course, when she told me that I was so shocked I fainted and they had to call the paramedics.... LOL So as the place was filling up with kids, I asked them if they wanted me to go eat in the bathroom. LOL

Does anybody have a Kitchen Aide stand mixer? I bought one today; I have never had a nice mixer...always a cheapie hand mixer. Am excited to try it out; girls at work gave it rave reviews.

Anybody going to any Super Bowl parties tomorrow?

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow

Last edited by monkeymama; 02-02-2013 at 05:50 PM..
Old 02-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #514
Hardware Hotshot

Angela: the Container Store ... (insert choir of angels singing here) is like Ikea except it's all gadgets for organization. Literally, it is my version of heaven. Ken is thrilled that the closest one is 55 miles away, otherwise I would be there ALL the time. I installed a spice rack over the door with this visit and I want to organize the garage the next time.

I have a kitchen aide mixer. I like it. The only thing I don't like is that you can't tilt the head back like you can with a standard machine but ... it doesn't smoke like my old one. I mix heavy batters and I can fry a motor in 2 seconds flat.

Patti: What is the puppy doing? chewing. She loves to walk (the boys and I walk her 1.5 miles daily and Ken runs with her for about a mile too.) THAT amount of exercise keeps her tired and not as obnoxious.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:16 AM   #515
Glitter Guru

Angela- I think it's great that Ivy earned the money for this trip. I'm sure she succeeds. There is still plenty of time. Who can resist these delicious cupcakes ?

Jo- I have no idea with dogs but Holli takes a lot of attention, hm ? I think that's probably the case with every puppy ? I wish that it will be better soon - Especially the chewing.

Pat- How was your crop ?

Patti- Your kits looks wonderful. Have fun with your new goodies !

Linda- Have a great time with Glenda. It goes ahead with your Cameo ?

Kathy- I can smell your Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake

Wish you all a marvelous Sunday !!
Old 02-03-2013, 01:37 AM   #516
Gabfest Goddess

Good Sunday Morning! I've been up since 2:15 this morning. Just couldn't sleep any longer, so I did the taxes. Took me 2 1/2 hours, what a pain in the you-know-what. I wish my DH appreciated all the time, effort and headaches go into doing that stuff (even with using Turbo Tax), but he has no idea. ugh! But I'm glad to have that chore over with for the year.

Jo, good thing puppies are so cute, because the chewing, and the potty training, and all that good stuff, can make you wanna (insert nasty deeds here). My daughter's husky, when it was a puppy, loved to chew her pantyhose--unfortunately, it resulted in several trips to the vet since I guess pantyhose can cause intestinal blockages! She learned to give him hydrogen peroxide whenever he ingested stuff so that he would vomit. Lovely image, isn't it?! One good thing about having a dog is having to walk the pup forces you into exercising every day! My DH keeps talking about getting a dog, and I've got my heels dug in hard, resisting. Hmmm, maybe I should give in, just so I'd start walking again!

Vickie, what date(s) is CKC? If I can get off work, maybe we can make plans to meet up. Fort Wayne is only 3 1/2 or 4 hours drive from me.

Pat, sounds like you have some fun trips planned! Daisy Lane sounds like a good time, and I think a state park lodge weekend would be awesome! I'm sure you will enjoy yourself!!

No Kitchen Aide for me...all I have is a hand mixer. But I'm not much of a baker. Sad in some ways, but good in others, because if I was a baker, I'd weigh twice as much as I do now, because I'd eat it all!!

We are going to a Super Bowl party this evening at some friends from church. I don't think I've ever gone to a Super Bowl party before. Most of the time, I've been working, or just watched bits and pieces of it at home. I love football, it's my favorite sport to watch, so I think this will be fun. You can bet I will be rooting for the 49ers, just because the Ravens are not very popular here in Cleveland (Art Modell moved the Cleveland Browns to Baltimore in the 90's--now known as the Ravens--and we were without an NFL football team until 1999. Most Clevelanders have never forgiven him (may he RIP), and hate the Ravens because of the "betrayal". Cleveland is a big football town, and take our Browns very seriously, even though we have not had a team go to the SuperBowl, or been a big winner since the 1980s. Our motto is "Wait til next year"

Angela, you made me laugh with your "reaction" to Ivy's telling you that her friends liked you and that you could hang around at the MORP dance!

well, need a refill of my coffee cup. Enjoy Sunday!
Old 02-03-2013, 04:35 AM   #517
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Kathy - Hope the cake is good.

I will watch the superbowl for the commercials. Love the Clydesdales commericals. I am a sucker for any kind of baby so the baby colt should be adorable. I even suggested a name. I thought Bella - Belle of the "Bowl" would be cute.

I have a Kitchen Aid - Received it as a 20 year gift at work. I really like it but it sure takes up alot of space on the counter. Still pull out my hand mixer often also.

I am meeting some friends for brunch today and then not sure when we will do later. I need to make a baby quilt. Maybe I will attempt it.

Well of to post something new on my blog.

Meljen's Designs
Old 02-03-2013, 05:10 AM   #518
Glitter Guru

Wow Angela, that sounds like a cool trip for Ivy. Do you know where overseas they will go? And what kind of things do they do for People to People? I was in a People to People program in HS, but it was more of a tutoring, big brother, big sister program. Ivy's doing great raising the money already and she has plenty of time. So smart to get an early start. I think by raising the money herself she will appreciate the trip so much more than if someone just handed her the money. She sounds so responsible! That's cute that she wanted you to hang out at dinner and that her friends like you! That must have been fun.

I love the container store, too Jo. We don't have one near us now, but did when we were in NY.

Going to frost the cake this morning Tracie, looks so good! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Patti, you've been up for a while! Good to get the taxes done, even if it's a pain. Always a relief to have that done. Have fun at the Superbowl party! I had no idea of that story of moving the team. I know when things like that happen, fans never forget! We are rooting Ravens, only because Joe Flacco the QB is a University of DE grad, and that's where Chuck and I both went.

Tracie, have fun working on the quilt! I like the commercials too and the halftime show, too.

I love my Kitchen Aide! I use it every week. I make bread dough in it twice a week and use it for other baking things, too. We have the attachment for grinding meat, which is great, too. Mine is white, but I love the pink one!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Old 02-03-2013, 06:12 AM   #519
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

So much going on here!

I have a kitchen aide and love it! It has it's own spot on the cabinet. I usually have to move it when I want to use it and it's very heavy! ugh.

Pattie I love your kits mine is not finished but I'm hoping to get it mailed and to you before you leave for vacation so I need to get busy here!
Old 02-03-2013, 06:33 AM   #520
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi ladies, just popping in before church. Glenda is going with us today.

I have a kitchen Aid and it is way to heavy for me to lift. I rarely use it because it is stored in the pantry. I just did out my old light portable. My kids would love to have it.

Hope to check back in later.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Closed Thread