Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree88Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #401
Die Cut Diva

Oh and Linda I have lots left over. I think I will use the leftovers for cards...they are so pretty.
One of my friends is making hers into a 12x12 scrapbook album next year and put special pictures coordinating with the months. Since I bought an extra paper pad I think I will just cut out the monthly calendars and enter 2014 dates and use it again next year.
Let me know if you two find supplies!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #402
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciae View Post
Oh and Linda I have lots left over. I think I will use the leftovers for cards...they are so pretty.
One of my friends is making hers into a 12x12 scrapbook album next year and put special pictures coordinating with the months. Since I bought an extra paper pad I think I will just cut out the monthly calendars and enter 2014 dates and use it again next year.
Let me know if you two find supplies!!
What was the name of the pad you used? Did it have calendars with it or is that separate or is it a calendar kit?

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 01-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #403
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Haven't read back on all the posts I've missed, so forgive me for missing some of it.

Angela, please know that Ivy is in my thoughts and prayers, as well as your family. When one family member goes through a health issue, I know the whole family goes through it also.

Pat, your calendar pages are gorgeous; I LOVE G45; I think Archivers may carry it sometimes. I check the G45 blog often for ideas. Ellen Hutson carries it and I think atjoansgardens also carries it.

Lynne, so sorry about your budgie, but glad you have a new one. It's hard to lose a pet.

Angela, that coach needs some diabetes education! I have problems with low blood sugar at least once or twice a week; this week's low was 43 on Monday evening; it usually happens in the evening or very early morning, like aroumnd 3 a.m. I have to wake my DH to help me. If my low would be in the 30s I would not be able to function at all. It's a horrible feeling. I've found that a can of regular A&W rootbeer and a package of 100 calorie chocolate chip cookies will bring me out of it, but takes awhile; sometimes it's a 2 pack of cookies night when it's low!

My mojo has disappeared again. *sigh* I was planning to finish Heather's cardkit this week, but it's not done. Need to just buckle down and do it!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday evening.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #404
Die Cut Diva

Linda its not a calendar kit. The line is called "A Place in Time". I bought the 8x8 because I wanted it to sit on my desk at work. They also have a 12x12 paper pad. The pad has a page for each month with the name and some flourishes with flowers (different for each month) and you use that as the background. Then it has a page with the pictures to cut out and place however you want on the page. Also there is a page with a small empty calendar for each month and you fill in the number of each day. Gosh I am terrible at explaining this. When you find a paperpad I think it will make sense to you.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:05 AM   #405
Glitter Guru

Just wanted to say hi briefly. Im in a rush. After work, I have a dentist appointment. Ouch, I broke off a piece of cheek teeth. The older you get the more it falls apart LOL Then I go to dinner tonight with my girls group.

But in between I have made an order. I finally ordered the Corner Chomper !!!

I just saw this stamp from MFT. It is so cute and funny. I think you've already talked about it but I'm not sure.

Doodle Garden Far Out

Have a great day !!
Old 01-24-2013, 05:47 AM   #406

Imke, when I saw Doodle Garden Far Out I ordered it!!! It is sooo cute! Now to find time and my mojo to use it!

Hope everyone has a terrific Thursday!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #407
Glitter Guru

Imke and Vickie, that stamp is cute and funny!

Imke, LOL, about your comment, my dh says everything is falling apart on him! Sorry about the tooth, that is not fun. Hope the dentist fixes it quickly so you can enjoy the night with your friends!

Angela, that is terrible about the coach sending the girl back to the school alone. I wonder if she told her parents about that? Great idea for Ivy to carry some extra snacks, incase. How are things going, have you been able to schedule an appt. for Ivy for further evaluation? I just got done casing one of your cards! Will post and link it later on. Fun looking through your gallery and hard to chose which one to use!

Pat, I've got to check and see if you posted any more photos of your calendar, it came out beautifully!

Just finished some cooking, I made pumpkin granola, it's pretty good, the kids are liking it. And spaghetti squash with spinach and cheese. That one is not a hit! They hate spaghetti squash and I had a bunch of them from our CSA that I didn't want to waste.

Very cold here today! Our master bathroom pipes froze. They have thawed out, but we called to have an insulation guy come and look at things. I just don't want them to burst, that would be a mess!

Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #408
Watercolor Wizard

I don't know anyone who has Diabetes --So you have to drink/eat sweet stuff--how do you know your # is low and what does the # represent? Would you pass-out if your # was in the 30s? How often do you have to watch the #? What is the "normal #" supposed to be? Can you tell I have nothing to do with nursing or the medical field--I am totally ignorant about this...I have seen the ads for the thing that takes blood from your arms--lil' prickly thing--it is not supposed to hurt?

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 01-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #409
Watercolor Wizard

Cold here too Kathleen--2 degrees but really -12 with wind chill factor!!! It feels like -25 when you walk Muddy! I put the heat on for the first time in years in my basement--it's not perfect, but takes the edge off--all this cement down here absorbs the cold for days--next week in the 40's so I should be back to good down here.

I hope your pipes don't freeze--so far so good here--the oil guy comes tomorrow with another 100 gallon load--so we should be in good shape this weekend. I finally convinced Tom to buy those rubber flaps for the drafty doors--he was using sleeping bags bunched up against two doors! I said this not only looks ridiculous (imagine 2 sleeping bags in the mudd room--looks like bums sleeping on my floor day & night)...so far the door flap things work pretty well...but people would walk in from the garage and trip over the sleeping bags--hello...we don't need broken bones over this draft situation!!!

Old 01-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #410
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Imke, when I saw Doodle Garden Far Out I ordered it!!! It is sooo cute! Now to find time and my mojo to use it!

Vickie...no more ordering stuff until AFTER February!!! Deal? Or IF there is something that is screaming your name tell us in Group #3! I was looking at the above and thought...Oh...Vickie likes...oooo gonna order it...! Poof she ordered it! ((((hugs)))

Old 01-24-2013, 10:52 PM   #411
Glitter Guru

My husband is diabetic and has to inject insulin. Healthy people have a glucose level of 120. When insulin levels fall, you get dizzy. I'm sure Joanna can explain it better (in english) You have to be very fast, your glucose levels get high and that works best with a banana, chocolate, dextrose. Things that go immediately into the blood.
And the needles are very fine, but sometimes it hurts anyway.But you get used to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne527 View Post
I don't know anyone who has Diabetes --So you have to drink/eat sweet stuff--how do you know your # is low and what does the # represent? Would you pass-out if your # was in the 30s? How often do you have to watch the #? What is the "normal #" supposed to be? Can you tell I have nothing to do with nursing or the medical field--I am totally ignorant about this...I have seen the ads for the thing that takes blood from your arms--lil' prickly thing--it is not supposed to hurt?
Old 01-24-2013, 10:57 PM   #412
Glitter Guru

Im sorry for you

In my group, no one has this problem. I intend to order any new stuff. From my favorite shop "Papertrey Ink" I ordered since the July release anything !!! I have several on my wishlist but i always say NO order !That is staying power, hm ? LOL

But to look is allowed and the MFT stamp is really cute.

Quote:
Vickie...no more ordering stuff until AFTER February!!! Deal? Or IF there is something that is screaming your name tell us in Group #3! I was looking at the above and thought...Oh...Vickie likes...oooo gonna order it...! Poof she ordered it! ((((hugs)))

Last edited by germanstampler; 01-25-2013 at 02:55 AM..
Old 01-25-2013, 02:24 AM   #413
Glitter Guru

Yeah, its Friday and only 1 hour to work and then i can enjoy the weekend !!

Kathy- The dentist could only help in the short term. He needs a crown soon..ouch that is expensive !
It's funny of the age, because we're not OLD (like my grandma) but but the complaint start already now I hope your bathroom pipes are repaired soon !! Thats no fun !!

Vickie- Perhaps it would be a great image for the mystery image swap ? It would not be very secret, but until then it will take some time
Old 01-25-2013, 04:33 AM   #414
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Imke - I have not ordered from PTI for a while either. I keep looking at the ones I haven't even used yet. Trying to be good.

I am going to Archivers today and maybe a couple more LSS to finish up my box for my february girls. Excited to be off work.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 01-25-2013, 04:38 AM   #415
Watercolor Wizard

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanstampler View Post
Im sorry for you

In my group, no one has this problem. I intend to order any new stuff. From my favorite shop "Papertrey Ink" I ordered since the July release anything !!! I have several on my wishlist but i always say NO order !That is staying power, hm ? LOL

But to look is allowed and the MFT stamp is really cute.
Oh me too...I have been eyeing like (3) things but just became a SU demo so my hands are tied away from my debit card!!! I just booked a gathering too--for March--they wanted 30-35 invitations!!! (I offered to send them--but they insisted that they do it!)

I still have not bought the bow dies--AE is taking forever to get them back in! I have a lot of 'spoons in the kettle' going on here--need to earn money before I can spend money!

Old 01-25-2013, 04:40 AM   #416
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post

Vickie...you know Ima just teasin'

Old 01-25-2013, 05:53 AM   #417
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
I don't know anyone who has Diabetes --So you have to drink/eat sweet stuff--how do you know your # is low and what does the # represent? Would you pass-out if your # was in the 30s? How often do you have to watch the #? What is the "normal #" supposed to be? ?
I test my BS (blood sugar but I like to call it BS because diabetes IS BS) around 7-8 times a day. In the morning, before and after a meal and when I go to bed. I also test anytime I feel like poo.

My kids can tell you about my highs and lows. If I"m cranky, I'm usually either one or the other. If I'm cranky and tired it's probably high. I take medicine, and drink lots of water to fix it. If it's REALLY high, I become insulin resistant and it can take as long as 4 hours to fix. You REALLY don't want to get high. If I'm cranky and low I am also hot, shaky, my vision starts to waver. This is when I get to eat sugar to correct the problem. This can take 30-40 minutes to fix. The problems arise when you take too much sugar and ping-pong the other way. Bleah.

As Imke said, a normal sugar is between 80-120. I like to hover around 90, but I've been as high as 320 (forgot to bolus - inject insulin after Thanksgiving, oops) and as low as 38 (scared the pants off poor Ken). I didn't pass out but I was pretty incomprehensible. Yes, a low sugar can cause SERIOUS problems.

So there you go ... diabetes in a nutshell.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:23 AM   #418
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning ladies!

I'm off to see the doctor this morning then I have an enhancement meeting at 2 PM running all day today! Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hugs
to all!
Old 01-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #419
Die Cut Diva

Just seeing what everyone is up to. Have a great weekend and stay warm!!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #420

Quote:
Vickie...you know Ima just teasin'
Oh Susanne! I know you're just teasin' !! I have all good intentions of not ordering because I need to use what I have, and then I see a stamp or set that I just have to have so I get it!! LOL
Old 01-25-2013, 08:15 PM   #421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post
I test my BS (blood sugar but I like to call it BS because diabetes IS BS) around 7-8 times a day. In the morning, before and after a meal and when I go to bed. I also test anytime I feel like poo.

My kids can tell you about my highs and lows. If I"m cranky, I'm usually either one or the other. If I'm cranky and tired it's probably high. I take medicine, and drink lots of water to fix it. If it's REALLY high, I become insulin resistant and it can take as long as 4 hours to fix. You REALLY don't want to get high. If I'm cranky and low I am also hot, shaky, my vision starts to waver. This is when I get to eat sugar to correct the problem. This can take 30-40 minutes to fix. The problems arise when you take too much sugar and ping-pong the other way. Bleah.

As Imke said, a normal sugar is between 80-120. I like to hover around 90, but I've been as high as 320 (forgot to bolus - inject insulin after Thanksgiving, oops) and as low as 38 (scared the pants off poor Ken). I didn't pass out but I was pretty incomprehensible. Yes, a low sugar can cause SERIOUS problems.

I'm pretty much like Joanna with my diabetes. For me, I only test once, morning fasting, but if I'm feeling yucky, I'll test with the onset of that feeling. I take oral meds with my breakfast, lunch, and dinner. My high has been 196 after a meal and my low around 40, usually in the evening or early morning. Sometimes I can't tell the difference between the feeling of too high and too low; for me, it's usually too low and get shaky, sweaty, hot then cold, light headed, and a hungry feeling; I use regular soda and some cookies to bring it up. I keep the cookies in my van so if I get this feeling while driving I am to pull off the road; thankfully, I've not had to do this while driving. My diabetes was chemo induced, but diabetes is diabetes regardless of how it's been incurred. I try to have my meals at the same time each day and don't snack often. BUT, there are times when I HAVE to have something sweet to satisfy that sweet tooth!
Old 01-26-2013, 04:03 AM   #422
SCS BRAK Coordinator

What is everyone up to today? I am meeting some friends for coffee and then hope to come home and be creative. I have alot of birthdays in February so I need to be working on birthday cards. My February kits are in boxes ready to be mailed.

Meljen's Designs
Old 01-26-2013, 01:13 PM   #423
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbee Jo View Post

This is interesting to me (I know it's a lot of hard work for you and your family to worry about)...how did you first know you had an issue...like first signs...have you had diabetes since you were a kid? Does it run in your family?

Old 01-26-2013, 01:18 PM   #424
Watercolor Wizard

So, Patrick is lifting weights at the gym now--he takes it pretty seriously and by the way he closes his water bottles (and today our shower knob) my God is he strong!!! I had to have Tom come upstairs to turn on the shower for me <laughing> swear this kid is MUSCLE MAN! So, Tom and I venture out to Sam's and the grocery store with Patrick's list of what he wants: Steak and Chicken...We bought frozen chicken breast and tomorrow I am making beef stew...we get home and he's barking about where's the STEAK? I said, settle down--you have pounds of chicken, I am making stew tomorrow (beef chunks) and can we just get through to Monday! I think he was thinking I'd bring home a side of beef and leave it in the garage? I don't know...my HE MAN is off to a basketball game now!

Old 01-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #425
Watercolor Wizard

Never trust social media -
Background Info:
My neighbor Althea had OV cancer. She's been living with it for less than 1.5 years. She lives directly across the street from our house and has been in/out of the hospital, had visiting nurses, friends visiting and so on. Her husband Steve gave me his cell # but said he could not promise we could visit because they had good and bad days and parts of good days would become bad real fast. Plus, they are extremely private people. So myself and neighbors have heed Steve's advice to not pop over for a visit. And, on the days where I have wanted to come visit (knowing I have a good stretch of time) she would not always be there.

This week there were not many cars in their drive way and they left their outside lights on day and night-so we knew something must be up.

Yesterday morning I got a call from another neighbor (Lisa) saying that it was announced on Facebook that Althea had passed. When I arrived home, I checked Althea's sons FB page and it said "There is another angel in heaven." So sweet-so sad. So, I called 2 other neighbors to let them know too. Very sad, we said a prayer for her and her family at dinner last night. As I was going to bed last night around midnight-Kala comes into our room and announces that Althea has NOT passed away!? I was very confused. She said she saw it on FB--her son said something...

This morning, our other neighbor calls here saying the same thing. They read through Althea's son's entire FB verbage and it appears that she has not passed away--even seeing the "Angel in Heaven" comment I had seen yesterday. I was very confused--telling them that Kala had said something last night and I was going to call them too.

They decided to call the Hospice House and ask to visit Althea. At that exact time, Althea had already passed and was gone for about a 1/2 hour.

I understand that their oldest son was extremely emotional-it must have been very hard for their family, but talk about an emotional roller coaster--it is like living through the shock of her passing twice...if I can say that? I read it with my own eyes--so did everyone...

I don't know why I shared this other than to let you all know I lost a friend (today)and I am still trying to get my head around this story behind it -it is like I lost her twice...so Peace to Althea...may her spirit live on.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #426
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
How did you first know you had an issue...like first signs...have you had diabetes since you were a kid? Does it run in your family?
I lost 50 pounds without trying and I was thirsty ALL the time. My mom was a nurse and was horrified that she didn't make the diagnosis. She thought it was a thyroid problem.

I was diagnosed 8 days before my 16th birthday. I had a grandpa type 2 diabetes but the doctor is guessing that my immune system just shut down. I got chicken pox and then valley fever within the time span of two months. After that, I got diabetes. I think my body just said, "I'm done."

I did not know that you were diabetic Vickie. Getting it as a result of your chemo is even stinkier than being diagnosed with the big D on Valentines Day like me! Sorry.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:01 PM   #427
Hardware Hotshot

Susanne: sorry about your friend.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #428
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Susanne - So sad about your friend. It is always hard to lose someone you care about. Strange situation with facebook.

It was gorgeous her today. We went for a walk with BIL & SIL. Had a great time but I realized they must walk more than me. It was one long walk. Oh well I'm sure it was good for me because one of my friends brought cake pops to our little breakfast this morning and I couldn't control myself. Yummy.

Meljen's Designs
Old 01-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #429
Stazon Splitcoast

Susanne, so sorry about your friend. It must have been really hard seeing it two different times and it is very strange story.

Glenn became a diabetic after a long time use of predisone. It is the only med that would keep him from hemorrageing (sp)so he was on it for several years.

It was 64 here today. We have extremely cold or extremely warm. Very crazy for Jan. So far no snow which is weird, no rain, and they have rationed water for watering trees etc. It is supposed to be 73 on Monday, talk about weird.

I have had no energy and no desire to do anything at all. I've just sit and read or watched TV. Don't know what is wrong with me. No mojo for anything.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 01-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #430
Hardware Hotshot

I'm with you Linda ... no energy and no desire to create. Bleah

It's been warm here too. I've really enjoyed being warm. We were almost 60 degrees today. Tomorrow starts our decline into normal 30 degree temps. And not to repeat myself but ... Bleah!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #431
Stazon Splitcoast

Susanne, sorry to hear about your friend.

I'm with Linda and Joanna, I don't have the energy to create. I haven't been sleeping very well and this virus is lingering....

Ivy and I had a girls' day today; we had lunch and did some shopping. We talked a lot about her back and what will happen next. She has her X-Rays/appt. Monday morning. Depending what we find out then,it sounds like the next step could be the pediatric orthopedist in Iowa City. I'm glad she can talk about it now; she seems to be past the denial phase.

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo, Creative Card Crew, Doodle Pantry, Flat Friends, From the Heart Stamps, Tuesday Morning Sketches, Ruby's Rainbow
Old 01-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #432
Watercolor Wizard

Thanks everyone. Tonight, Steve (Althea's husband) answered an email I sent to Althea over 2 weeks ago about when I could visit her...it was right before dinner tonight and I was just killin' some time-relaxing-checking me email. It was very direct and factual about how Althea passed away today at 10:00am this morning.

Not to sound too dramatic, but I barely finished reading the email, walked across the street and rang their bell. Steve answered the door, let me in and I said, "I just have to give you a hug!"...Open arms, he cried and I cried and he started to talk and walk...to their living room area where their boy's were half plugged into their computers with the TV on...I hugged both of them- saying this was very hard and I understand. Steve motioned to go into the kitchen--we talked, he told me that Althea wrote her own Obit...and they had family and friends planning a celebration-not a funeral mass/wake (open to the public-next Saturday so all her teacher friends can attend it) at our St. Joe's Parish church hall--...he talked more about the last minutes of Althea's life---got us both crying a bit...the phone rang...he answered it and I waved goodbye...I have his sister's #to help out this week--they are making bookmarks of Althea--so I will offer my laminating and die cutting machines to them ...I guess I am a face-to face hands on gal...I felt good about going over there-Steve was a basketcase (who could blame him)...but he said something so cute...He said, I knew you'd be here asking to help and here is my sisters #...awe... so sweet.

So thanks for hearing me out on this one--it's been a long 2 days here. They are very simple people-no frills and I always visited Althea in her pool area in summer--she'd be back there reading a book, tanning her legs in the sun--one time I brought Muddy after a long walk and he sat in the shade and hung out with us...(they are not dog people)...but it was Ok that day. This all happened so fast-I thought she would pull through this illness so I guess I am a lil' shocked myself.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:42 AM   #433
Glitter Guru

Susanne- Sorry about your friend. Another good reason why I do not like Facebook.

Angela- Keep my fingers crossed for good results on Monday for Ivy.

I do a bit of advertising for " From the Heart Stamps ". Tomorrow, on Monday, there is a Valentine's blog hop and you can win something great. It would be nice if you join us. For other news visit the Delightful Inspiration Blog.

I received my order. My Corner Chomper ! And to make sure the postage worthwhile, a couple of nice touches

I wish you all a great Sunday. The weather is here crazy too. Yesterday we had minus 10 degrees tomorrow it will be plus 10 degrees celsius.
Attached Thumbnails
aaaa.jpg  
Old 01-27-2013, 04:43 AM   #434
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Oh Linda and Angela I feel the same way but I've been blaming it on not being able to eat! Maybe NOT! I hate it when I have to push myself to do anything.

Susanne so sorry for the lose of your friend. I can tell you about Face Book. I think a lot of people forget the world can see what you post. My family experienced this when Ryan died. Two hours after my son told me what happened it was on face book. My other grandson had called his Mom and told her and she posted RIP Ryan on Face Book.
OMG I was beside myself already and then that!!!! All our family did not know yet. We ask her to please delet her post until all the family was notified. Of course it was to late to spread like wild fire.

(((Hugs to you!)))
Old 01-27-2013, 04:56 AM   #435
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Susanne - What a hard couple of days for you. I know that you will be a great comfort to the family.

Imke - I really want one of those corner chompers.

I need to quit looking at the computer. I just saw the Spellbinders new jewelry. I saw it on Scrapbook Update .

I am off to check out Imke's design teams.

If anyone is interested in helping out the SCS RAK team, let me know. They have had a few people leave. It would be sending out birthdays cards (3-4) each month.

Meljen's Designs
Old 01-27-2013, 06:03 AM   #436
Die Cut Diva

I've been on the SCS RAK team since I joined SCS. Right now I am sending 4 cards a month out but I have sent as many as 7. I'm in the BRAK group and I know Linda is in another group sending out birthday cards. I recommend it to everyone. Funny thing though I very seldom get a response. I guess a lot of them go to people not into SCS as we are. Anyway I still enjoy sending them out.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:06 AM   #437
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciae View Post
I've been on the SCS RAK team since I joined SCS. Right now I am sending 4 cards a month out but I have sent as many as 7. I'm in the BRAK group and I know Linda is in another group sending out birthday cards. I recommend it to everyone. Funny thing though I very seldom get a response. I guess a lot of them go to people not into SCS as we are. Anyway I still enjoy sending them out.
I did that for awhile. But I got too busy. I'd like to go back, but I need a stock of cards first, since craft time is so unpredictable!!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #438
Hardware Hotshot

I did it for awhile too. I'm in such a crafting funk right now, I'd hate to commit to something that I would be unable to follow through with tho. Maybe in awhile when I get my mojo back
Old 01-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #439
Stazon Splitcoast

I did it for the WRBRAK group for about 7 yrs and just quit in Dec. I also did the RAK group for a couple of years and quit and went back for a year and quit again. I just didn't have cards made ahead and it was always a rush so finally took a break. It has only been a month and I am enjoying not doing it for awhile. It is kinda sad Pat, I hardly ever got thanked except from the WR group. I enjoyed it anyway just like you.

I feel for you girls, I am going to habve to force myself to get some DT cards made.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 01-27-2013, 12:06 PM   #440
Die Cut Diva

Could anyone that has Vickie's address, please PM it to me? Thanks. I'm sure it was/is in my mailbox, but I just cleaned it out and may have accidentally deleted it.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
Closed Thread