Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Cards (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-f107/)
-   -   FULL and closed - Card Kit Shower Swap 2012 (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-f107/full-closed-card-kit-shower-swap-2012-a-t543974.html)

auntangie 12-09-2011 06:57 PM

FULL and closed - Card Kit Shower Swap 2012

I hosted one of these for 2011 and had so much fun and recieved such nice kits that I wanted to do it again.

Card kits are fun to have and great to work with, I thought it might be fun to do a year long shower of kits. Everyone gets 1 month where they get showered! And then for the other 11 months you send 1 card kit to whoever's shower month it is. Players should each send out 11 kits throughout the year and get 11 in return, there is no +1 because I'll be playing too

THIS SWAP IS OPEN TO ANYONE WORLDWIDE, BUT PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP IF YOU CANNOT COMMIT TO THE YEAR.

I also think it would be fun, since you only have to send out one kit a month, if we made the kits a little juicier then usual and that way when your turn is up you get a wonderful array of goodies

Card Kits should include (at minimum) the following:
1. 4 to 6 images on 1/4 sheets of white cs with Copic black (Memento, Adirondack) inks or Waterproof black (Versafine, Pallette Noir); not colored in. Label your kits with ink type, please. Images must be perfectly stamped (no smudges or faded areas) and only stamped on one side of the cardstock please. You can either send all the same image or 2 different ones.
2. Four 6”x6” sheets of coordinating designer/patterned papers.
3. Twelve inches of ribbon, trim, cording or other ‘fiber’.
4. Six to Eight coordinating embellishments (brads, buttons, primas, gems, etc).
5. Optional additions include, punched shapes, coordinating sentiments, handmade charms, dry embossed cardstock, pictures of sample cards (from kit contents), card sketches, or anything else you can think of.

Card Kits MUST be mailed by the 20th of each month to ensure recipients get all 11 kits within their month. Thank you! Sign ups until full, but I may add a 2nd group if there's enough interest.

PM me your address and month preferance when you sign up and I'll pm everyones addresses out once groups are full.

When the kits you send out are rec'd, I'll add that months letter beside your name to keep track of them all.

auntangie 12-09-2011 07:08 PM

List of swappers

Group 1
January - candlequeen5 JFMAMJJ
February - bradsmom06 - JFMAMJJAS
March - JadeOnLine - JFMAMJJASOND
April - justme1972 - JFMAMJJASOND
May - tryingtofindtime - JFMAMJJASOND
June - scrappy_carla - JFMAMJJASOND
July - SkyNacho - JFMAMJJASOND
August - 2cutecats - JFMAMJJASON
September - lois577 - JFMAMJJASOND
October - c-mouse - JFMAMJJASON
November - auntangie - JFMAMJJ,SOND
December - russnzella - JFMAMJJASOND

Group 2
January - auntangie - **,,,,JAS,,D
February - mkfrances - JFMAM,JASO
March - angelac12 - JFMAM,,,S
April - JanetJ - JFMAM,J
May - tracy836 - JFMAM,JAS
June - Deena_mom - JFMAMJJA
July - auntangie - JFMAM,JAS,,D
August - c-mouse - JFMAMJJASON
September - justme1972 - ***A,,JASOND
October - tryingtofindtime - ***AM,JASOND
November - SizzixQueen - JFMAMJ,SON
December - russnzella - ***AM,JASOND
*all kits sent and recieved

JadeOnline 12-09-2011 07:13 PM

Thanks Angie!! I was just looking for this tonight.

auntangie 12-09-2011 07:22 PM

Hi Heather!

justme1972 12-10-2011 12:01 PM

hi angie - and hi heather!!! YIPPEEEEEE - i LOVED this swap last year!!!!

hugs,

scrappy_carla 12-11-2011 05:35 AM

ooh count me in. I will pm you.

auntangie 12-11-2011 06:47 AM

Hi Carla! Glad you are joining us again!

JadeOnline 12-11-2011 10:41 AM

Really glad to see a few familiar (and reliable) faces!! I love this swap.

bradsmom06 12-11-2011 07:08 PM

I would love to take the Feb spot if you will all have me again, things have settled back down for us and I would love to keep on Swappin'!! :)

auntangie 12-11-2011 07:29 PM

Hi Tess! Of course we will have you! I'm glad things have settled down for you.

JadeOnline 12-11-2011 07:54 PM

Yay! Another familiar face!

bradsmom06 12-12-2011 08:59 AM

Thanks Ang!! Me too.........it was a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG 6 months of hell!! Just ready for the new year and some normal, boring, every day routine type stuff.....LOL!

russnzella 12-12-2011 09:44 AM

This sounds really fun!! I'll take December since my name starts with the last letter of the alphabet! :)

auntangie 12-12-2011 09:52 AM

HI Zella! December is yours!

Kimbo's Korner 12-12-2011 12:53 PM

Card Kit Shower Swap 2012

Hi, I'd love to join. Is there a theme each month? I'd like August if it's still available, it's my birthday month. I'll PM my information to you.

Thank you!

auntangie 12-12-2011 01:19 PM

HI Kim! Nice to meet you! No, not a theme for any of the months.

Kimbo's Korner 12-12-2011 06:13 PM

Card Kit Shower Swap 2012

Thanks Angie. I'm excited to get started.

KIM

auntangie 12-12-2011 06:26 PM

You're welcome! Be warned, swapping becomes addictive. ;)

russnzella 12-13-2011 03:55 AM

Now that's about the biggest understatement I've read in a while! LOL!!!

Hello. My name is Zella. And I'm a swapping addict. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntangie (Post 19000608)
You're welcome! Be warned, swapping becomes addictive. ;)

tryingtofindtime 12-14-2011 05:58 PM

OH Yeah...I'm sooooo glad I found this...I want in if that would be ok! I love card kits and this looks like sooo much fun.

oh I'd love may if still available.

SkyNacho 12-14-2011 07:50 PM

Can I have July if it's not spoken for? (If it is, you can assign me somethin' else.)

Thanks!!!

justme1972 12-14-2011 09:49 PM

HI everybody!!! KRISTYN and SKYNACHO ---- auntangie's laptop is in the shop, AGAIN - seems the place just can't get it fixed right!!!! So I'm SURE she's VERY glad you've decided to join her swap -- and she'll get you the month you want. Don't think she's ignoring your posts. okay?

hugs

auntangie 12-15-2011 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradsmom06 (Post 18999127)
Thanks Ang!! Me too.........it was a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG 6 months of hell!! Just ready for the new year and some normal, boring, every day routine type stuff.....LOL!

There is something to be said for normal, boring and routine. I could do with out drama in my life.

auntangie 12-15-2011 06:14 AM

Hi Girls! Sneaking on from work. Hoping to get my laptop back tomorrow, but not holding my breath. This is the third time they have had it and I am NOT amused.

russnzella 12-15-2011 09:10 AM

I love my nice dull life.....my DH and I say that all we do is eat, sleep, go to work, and go to church. Now our kids have drama and it spills into our home sometimes....it's hard to believe that drama has a way of travelling through the air 250 miles into our house. LOL!!

c-mouse 12-15-2011 05:53 PM

I'm in. sign me up for October please.....

tryingtofindtime 12-17-2011 07:27 PM

Hi ladies! I agree dull and boring is my kind of good time. My dh and I say all the time we want to move to a cabin on top the mountian away from everyone and everything...but I think my MIL will still find us!

justme1972 12-18-2011 04:10 PM

hi all!!!!! auntangie asked if i would post that she hasn't deserted us -- but once again her computer is bad. real bad. badder than bad -- and the shop that's been working on it -- i don't think they know so much about fixing computers.

angie is thinking of us and hoping everyone had a really good weekend!!!

lois577 12-18-2011 05:42 PM

Just got back from a cruise today and first thing my DD, Kristyn (tryingtofindtime) says to me is, you gotta sign up for this swap right now!
There's only two spots left! So here I am. I will take September please. Ok, now I have to go unpack. lol

justme1972 12-18-2011 06:10 PM

LOLOLOL -- yayyyyyy kristyn got you here!!!!! Our hostess is having major computer issues - but she's working so hard to get that tended to.

where did you go on your cruise? its been WAY too long since i've been on one.

Deena_Mom 12-18-2011 06:27 PM

I am in!! I love card kits!!

SkyNacho 12-18-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deena_Mom (Post 19015480)
I am in!! I love card kits!!

Not to step on any toes, but I think that Deena_Mom just asked for the last spot (November, I think)... just mentioning it in case others pop in to see what's up.

I know Angie said if there's interest she might do a second group, so that shouldn't discourage anyone from posting, but just wanted to make a tentative "first group full" post...

Have a great week-before-Christmas, everyone... I'm off... to buy more PAPER FOR MY KITS. :D

justme1972 12-18-2011 07:32 PM

has someone asked for October?

yeah, angie is MORE than willing to open a second group -- she had two groups last time.

JadeOnline 12-18-2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c-mouse (Post 19008509)
I'm in. sign me up for October please.....

Pansy requested October.

auntangie 12-19-2011 06:38 AM

Hi Ladies!!!

Lois I didn't know you and Krystin were related. I've been in several of her swaps. Nice to have you join us!

Pansy glad you found ud again! I have you down for October.

Deena I don't know what month you would like. I will start a second group, so you can have your pick. I haven't signed up for a month yet, so there will definately be a second group.

Thank you Laura for posting for me! Darn laptop has been in the shop more than at home. NOT a happy camper and it looks like I will be with out until after Christams now. Done with the shop here. Taking it to Cinci with me so the guy that worked on my sis's can fix it.

2CuteCats 12-19-2011 04:52 PM

Hello!
I will take your November spot if it is not spoken for. I love making card kits!
:D

Deena_Mom 12-19-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntangie (Post 19016323)
Hi Ladies!!!

Lois I didn't know you and Krystin were related. I've been in several of her swaps. Nice to have you join us!

Pansy glad you found ud again! I have you down for October.

Deena I don't know what month you would like. I will start a second group, so you can have your pick. I haven't signed up for a month yet, so there will definately be a second group.

Thank you Laura for posting for me! Darn laptop has been in the shop more than at home. NOT a happy camper and it looks like I will be with out until after Christams now. Done with the shop here. Taking it to Cinci with me so the guy that worked on my sis's can fix it.

I am fine with November!!! Or you can just move me to group 2 so you can have a spot in the 1st group....If you do that I will take June.

tryingtofindtime 12-20-2011 12:42 PM

Hey does anyone know of a christmas themed card kit swap going on? I think that would be fun...if anyone would be interested....i'd be willing to host if angie would let me steal her instructions for this one..we could do it just like this with with the christmas theme...just a thought...I haven't seen a ton of us doing the card kits...pm me if anyone's interest orif you know of one going on. Happy day!

auntangie 12-20-2011 01:39 PM

Hey girls! Sneaking on from work quick! I took November in the first group, gave Roxane November in the second group and Deena June in the second group. If I missed anything please LMK.

Kristyn I haven't seen a Christmas card kit swap, but I would participate if you want to host one. I borrowed the instructions from Jenny, who hosted this swap before me. It is fine with me if you want to use them too. I'm thinking about hosting a swap for masculine card kits after the first of the year.

2CuteCats 12-20-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntangie (Post 19019667)
Hey girls! Sneaking on from work quick! I took November in the first group, gave Roxane November in the second group and Deena June in the second group. If I missed anything please LMK.

Kristyn I haven't seen a Christmas card kit swap, but I would participate if you want to host one. I borrowed the instructions from Jenny, who hosted this swap before me. It is fine with me if you want to use them too. I'm thinking about hosting a swap for masculine card kits after the first of the year.

Hi Angie!
Could I have August instead of November? That would work out better for me. August is such a busy month for me and then I wouldn't have to send a card kit out to anyone else. Purely selfish reasons I know. ;)