Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Cards (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-f107/)
-   -   FOOD in the FOREST... Stalk you Mailman... These are Heading Home! (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-f107/food-forest-stalk-you-mailman-these-heading-home-t554162.html)

Forest Ranger 05-15-2012 02:38 PM

FOOD in the FOREST... Stalk you Mailman... These are Heading Home!

It's time for a new Forest Swap! EVERYONE is WELCOME to join!!! This is my 11th forest swap (I'm the Forest Ranger) and each one has been a lot of fun.

We are a chatty group - those of us in the forest together - and have come to refer to one another as
Forest Friends. As each swap winds down, a new one takes form. After all, we have to have somewhere to hang out and chat. LOL!

Here are the details!

Melina (mepylant) came up with a great idea for this one…
FOOD IN THE FOREST!

CARDS

Swappers are encouraged to create full-sized cards that have something to do with FOOD. It could be a picnic, food cooking on a campfire, S’mores, etc. Anything related to food. Cards need to use good quality cardstock (so the card can stand alone) and include a minimum of two layers and one embellishment.

RECIPE CARDS

And since this is a FOOD in the Forest swap, we’re going to add a new dimension to this swap. Swappers can also choose to make 6 X 6” recipe cards (think of foods you would eat outside – trail mix, hiking snacks, picnic foods, etc.) Recipe cards need to include a typed (not handwritten) recipe and at least two layers and one embellishment. Stamping is not a requirement on the recipe cards, though stamping is a great addition to them. THE RECIPE CARD CATEGORY WILL BE A 3 + 1 swap. That means you send me four identical recipe cards and you get 3 back.

CARD CANDY

And, taking an idea from Linda (ljhart), who has a great Butterfly Card swap going on right now, let’s also do another category – Card CANDY. THE CARD CANDY CATEGORY WILL BE A 3 + 1 swap. That means you send me four identical sets of card candy and you get 3 back. If you’ve never made card candy before, the best way I can explain it is to tell you it is handmade embellishments that can be used on cards and such.

Blog candy should be a more elaborate item (like a punch art critter that you’ve put together (here is an example) or it should be a set of at least 3 coordinating items. (Here is an of example of the way to make sets. Here is another example.) And remember, you are sending 4 identical items, so if you choose a coordinated set of 3 items, you would make 4 of those sets and send them.

In the CANDY category, the items should be anything forest related – it doesn’t have to be food. It DOES have to be FOREST. I’m thinking forest animals, trees, flowers, that sort of thing. Remember, these MUST be handmade, not simply a punched item, but something you’ve put together.

MAKE SOMETHING YOU WOULD BE PROUD TO ADD TO ONE OF YOUR OWN PROJECTS, so that your fellow swappers will be happy to receive it.

Please see Post #3 for additional information about Card Candy. I'll also try to post some links there from time to time, with examples of Card Candy.

This swap is due in my hands on or before September 24.

Sooooooooo… are we ready to get this swap started???

Steps to take in the FOOD In the Forest Card Swap:

Step One
Sign up – take a spot today! (or two or three, but each spot needs to be a different card design). This is a 5 + 1 Swap, which means you send 6 cards, the Ranger – that’s me – keeps one for being a fun hostess, and you get 5 back. You will not get one of your own cards, so be sure to make an extra for yourself.

Step Two
Germinate an idea for your project. To germinate is defined as to sprout; bud; develop. There is NVR on these items, but please use at least two layers of quality cardstock.

Step Three
Expand your idea. Cards and Recipe cards need to have at least one embellishment. Card Candy needs to be handmade.

Step Four
Once your projects are mature (finished) place them in a ziplock bag (to protect them as they travel to my house through thunderstorms and such). Include your real name, your SCS name, and the name of the swap for identification purposes.

Step Five
Enlarge your forest by mailing your projects to me along with a self-addressed stamped envelope (with enough postage on it to mail cards back to you… along with a couple of extra postage stamps in case more postage is needed. Unused stamps will be returned to you.)

In return, I will mail your FOOD IN THE FOREST projects within a reasonable amount of time at the conclusion of this swap.

A few last thoughts…

… PM me when you’re ready to ship and I will give you my address.

… Hang out with the FOREST FRIENDS.
There will be lots and LOTS of chatting, fun quotes, contests, prizes, the sharing of recipes, maybe even a joke or two. You never know what to expect in the forest.

... Have fun!

To get the fun started, I've chosen 3 mystery numbers in each of the categories. The swappers who sign up for those spots will each win a prize!!! BUT I'm not telling what the numbers are until someone lands on the spot.

AND of course Melina and Linda will be getting a PRIZE (if they join), since they gave me some great ideas.

Now… from the words of Forrest Gump, “That’s all I have to say about that.”

CARDS (This is a 5 + 1 SWAP – send 6 identical 4 X 5” Cards)

1. Linda (ljhart) - PRIZE #1 (for giving me the idea to have Card Candy), PRIZE #2 (for being the first to take a spot in all three categories)
3. Samantha (way2cute)
4. Linda (lindac007)
5. April (Aprilo) - PRIZE (first mystery number in Cards category)
7. Barb (barbaralynn) - PRIZE (for guessing the to worn letters on Ranger's keyboard)
8. Barb (barbaralynn) - Spot #2
9. Paola/Sweet P (SAMA)
10. JoAnn (joannhw)
11. Janet (JanetJ)
12. Beth (bweaz)
14. Melina (mepylant) - PRIZE (for giving me the idea for this swap)
15. Lynn (FMcrafter) - PRIZE (for guessing the to worn letters on Ranger's keyboard)
19. Pansy (c-mouse)
21. Michelle (pattem) - PRIZE (for joining while the Ranger was on a trip)
22. Shatze (Shatze) - PRIZE (for joining while the Ranger was on a trip)
23. Linda (gimmeahaller) - PRIZE (for joining while the Ranger was on a trip)
24. Linda (gimmeahaller - Spot #2 - PRIZE (for joining while the Ranger was on a trip)
25. Mary (marymn) - PRIZE (for joining while the Ranger was on a trip) - PRIZE#2 (for being first cards here)
26. LJ (LauraJean) - PRIZE (for joining while the Ranger was on a trip)
28. Elke (tropicalsmiles)
29. Darlene (luvcardmaking)
30. Joyce (Jmaraul)
31. Heidi (sapphiredragonfly)
32. Judy (grandmajudy)
33. Joanne (jmventrilla) - PRIZE (third mystery number in Cards category)
34. Jan (JampsterStampster) - PRIZE (for being first cards here)
36. Tarah (Sabian77)
37. (tjdickerson)
38. Dani (ilystamps) - PRIZE (because she joined at Ranger's invitation)
39. Dani (ilystamps) - Spot #2
40. (flagmom3)
41. Heather (Quilling_queen) - joined via PM
42. Tanja (3boysathome) - PRIZE (because the Ranger has missed her so much!)
43. Amanda (wombat)
44. Eugenia (autumn_sky)
45. Pam (pwiswell)
46. Marci (MHorne5501)
47. Terri (hunterri)
48. Kathleen (1855ward)
49. Dani (DellsDani) - PRIZE (because the Ranger missed putting her on the list)
50. Tamara (ajmac) - PRIZE (because it's spot #50) - PRIZE #2 (because she joined while Ranger was on a trip)
51. Lori (bluegirl)

I’ll put the list for the Recipe Cards and the Card Candy in Post #2.

And, as always, I will add more spots, as needed. Forest swaps are open to as many swappers as want to join! ;)

RECIPE CARDS (This is a 3 + 1 Swap – send 4 identical 6 x 6” Recipe Cards)

1. Linda (ljhart)
2. Roxane (2CuteCats)
3. Linda (lindac007)
4. April (Aprilo) - PRIZE (first mystery # in Recipe Card category)
6. Carol (momcgw) - PRIZE (for being for first forest friend to welcome the Ranger back from Thailand)
7. Melina (mepylant) - Spot #1
8. Melina (mepylant) - Spot #2
9. Melina (mepylant) - Spot #3
10. Melina (mepylant) - Spot #4 PRIZE (for taking 4 spots in Recipe Cards)
11. Linda (lindac007) - Spot #2 PRIZE (second mystery # in Recipe Card category)
12. Lynn (FMcrafter)
15. Pansy (c-mouse)
16. Linda (gimmeahaller) - PRIZE (third mystery # in Recipe Card category)
17. Mary (marymn)
20. Elke (tropicalsmiles)
21. Elke (tropicalsmiles) - Spot #2
22. Leona (leonag)
23. Leona (leonag) - Spot #2
24. Leona (leonag) - Spot #3
25. Leona (leonag) - Spot #4
27. Joyce (Jmaraul)
28. Joanne (jmventrilla)
29. Linda (lindac007) - Spot #3 (for her sister)
30. Joanne (jmventrilla) - Spot #2
31. Teia (MBOSS)
32. Teia (MBOSS) - Spot #2
33. Tarah (Sabian77)
34. Tammy (tjdickerson)
35. Tanja (3boysathome)
36. Eugenia (autumn_sky)
37. Eugenia (autumn_sky) - Spot #2
38. Terri (hunterri)
39. Roxane (2CuteCats) - Spot #2
40. Kistyn (tryingtofindtime)
41. Tamara (ajmac)
42. Dea (Stamperamma) - PRIZE (for joining on S'mores Day - August 10)
43. Dea (Stamperamma) - Spot #2
44. Linda (lindac007) - Spot #4 (for her sister)

CARD CANDY (This is a 3 + 1 swap – send 4 identical sets of Card Candy)

1. Linda (ljhart)
2. Linda (lindac007) - PRIZE (first mystery # in Card Candy category)
4. Carol (momcgw)
5. Melina (mepylant)
6. Melina (mepylant) - Spot #2
7. Melina (mepylant) - Spot #3 PRIZE (second mystery # in Card Candy category)
8. April (Aprilo) - PRIZE (first Card Candy received and exactly what I had in mind)
9. Pansy (c-mouse) - PRIZE (third mystery # in Card Candy category)
10. Linda (gimmeahaller)
11. Deb (djones)
12. Darlene (luvcardmaking)
13. Leona (leonag)
14. Leona (leonag) - Spot #2
15. Leona (leonag) - Spot #3
16. Leona (leonag) - Spot #4
18. Teia (MBOSS)
19. Teia (MBOSS) - Spot #2
20. Tarah (Sabian77)
21. Tammy (tjdickerson)
22. (flagmom3)
24. Sue (suzie q12)
25. Tanja (3boysathome)
26. Terri (hunterri)
27. Tamara (ajmac)
29. Dea (Stamperamma)
30. Dea (Stamperamma) - Spot #2
31. Crystal (cmoran81)
32. Samantha (way2cute)
33. Lori (bluegirl)

As always, I will add more spots, as needed. Forest swaps are open to as many swappers as want to join! ;)

CARD CANDY INFORMATION

Okay........ I guess I didn't explain the card candy very well. HELP!

First, card candy is embellishments you make. These embellishments are not attached to a card or a recipe card. It is simply embellishments.... though you CAN put it on a piece of cardstock for packaging purposes only. The recipient will take it off of that though to use it on her own creation.

As far as the # of items in each items of card candy... IF it is a more detailed and/or larger embellishment, 1 item is enough. For instance, if you were to crochet flowers, a single flower is time-consuming and detailed, so each of the 3 + 1 would only need ONE flower in it. However, if you make simpler and/or smaller items, you would need to include in each of the 3 + 1 at least 3 coordinating items.... so it might be a little stamped tag of a critter, a punched flower that you inked the edges of and added a rhinestone to the center, and a sentiment that is layered on cardstock and embellished with a button.

Do those examples help? Does anyone want to explain it better? I'm willing for you to help me here.

I just want the card candy to be detailed enough that someone will be happy to receive it and use it. KWIM?

Here's another idea... QUILLING or RIBBON art would be great card candy, too.

Links for some examples of Card Candy:

http://justdandy.typepad.com/just_da...hments/page/2/

http://debbiesdesignsblog.blogspot.c...s-rosette.html

Forest Ranger 05-15-2012 02:39 PM

saving this one, too

Forest Ranger 05-15-2012 02:39 PM

Who will be first???????????????????

ljhart 05-15-2012 05:07 PM

I'm here. One spot please

Forest Ranger 05-15-2012 05:08 PM

Hi Linda... wow! It took 2 1/2 hours for someone to find me. I'm shocked. LOL! Are you wanting a spot in cards?

ljhart 05-15-2012 05:09 PM

That was one spot in all categories.

Forest Ranger 05-15-2012 05:12 PM

AWESOME! And since you were the first person to take a spot in all three categories, you get a PRIZE! Plus you get a prize because I got the Card Candy idea from you.... so you have TWO prizes already. ;)

2CuteCats 05-15-2012 07:12 PM

Hi Jeanette!
Of course I will join! I will take one spot in regular cards and one in recipe cards.
:D

Forest Ranger 05-15-2012 07:14 PM

YAY! Glad you're here, Roxane. Are you wanting a spot in Cards, Recipe Cards or Card Candy?

2CuteCats 05-15-2012 07:19 PM

I just edited it. I hadn't decided before.

way2cute 05-15-2012 07:19 PM

YAY!!! I am soooooo happy that you are all better! I will take a spot in cards. What is card candy?

lindac007 05-15-2012 07:22 PM

thanks for reply I'm wanting space in all of them! do you need to know what recipe? and what the plan is when we figure it out? thanks I didn't realize it had started just heard about it couple hours ago that you "might" be doing another swap around food.

2CuteCats 05-15-2012 07:27 PM

Hi Linda!

Forest Ranger 05-15-2012 07:27 PM

Thanks Roxane, I'll put you down in cards and recipe cards.

YAY! Samantha is here... a spot in cards. Card Candy handmade embellishments that recipients can use on their own projects. They can be punch art items (but not just a punch out - it needs to be something created using punches) or tags, or handmade flowers, or such.

Linda, you're good. It was actually very slow here... not the norm... and you found us within just a few hours of hearing we were going to open a new swap. I do not need to know what recipe you're using. I can't imagine we'll have exact duplicates of recipes, so it will be fine. And congratulations - you've earned a PRIZE by landing on one of the mystery numbers!

lindac007 05-15-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest Ranger (Post 19432522)
Thanks Roxane, I'll put you down in cards and recipe cards.

YAY! Samantha is here... a spot in cards. Card Candy handmade embellishments that recipients can use on their own projects. They can be punch art items (but not just a punch out - it needs to be something created using punches) or tags, or handmade flowers, or such.

Linda, you're good. It was actually very slow here... not the norm... and you found us within just a few hours of hearing we were going to open a new swap. I do not need to know what recipe you're using. I can't imagine we'll have exact duplicates of recipes, so it will be fine. And congratulations - you've earned a PRIZE by landing on one of the mystery numbers!

lol, everything I've done in life is a mystery!!! looks like you are going to get busy. Congradulations on another forest swap I have loved them all! you are perfect for swaps. Your encouragement helped me to move forward and host a swap and I'm so excited can't wait to see how it turns out.

Heads up! I may be back for another recipe spot as those will return right before Christamas & fall Thanksgiving season and what a nice gift to take to someone for Thanksgiving a recipe card with a sample! plus you know I do recipe books and baskets so this theme is perfect for gift baskets with recipes. Who can't love a picnic basket with recipes attached. thanks

Aprilo 05-15-2012 07:40 PM

I'm in for cards and recipes! Will think about candy.... I am a bit challenges there.....

Forest Ranger 05-15-2012 07:46 PM

Linda, thank you! You are so sweet and have made my heart warm with your kind words! This is the first time we've done recipe cards in the forest, though we have talked about it in the past. It should be fun!

YAY! April is here... with a spot in cards and recipe cards. Welcome! Are you feeling better now?

Aprilo 05-15-2012 07:48 PM

Finally! Breathing is so much better...I just had no energy to do anything.....

Forest Ranger 05-15-2012 07:50 PM

WOW! This is April's lucky day... she landed on TWO mystery # spots, earning herself two prizes!

Forest Ranger 05-15-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aprilo (Post 19432543)
Finally! Breathing is so much better...I just had no energy to do anything.....

I'm glad you're improving. It's no fun being sick!

Forest Ranger 05-15-2012 07:56 PM

Forest Friends, it's time for me to wind down the day and head toward bed. I'll see you briefly in the morning; then I'll be going out for the day - to card club.

Hugs!!!

maeBstampin 05-15-2012 09:14 PM

One spot in each catagory.

ljhart 05-16-2012 02:02 AM

Yeah, some more people found you.

Jeanette have fun at card club today. How fun to have one to go to each week if your schedule allows. It's been a while since I've been to any.

Forest Ranger 05-16-2012 03:53 AM

Good Morning Forest Friends!

YAY! Mae is here! Welcome!!!

Hi Linda, yes, it is fun! And she's very creative so I always go thinking I won't go the next week.... but then I get tempted when she sends the email describing the project for the week, and I say I'll come. LOL!!

This is what she said about today's projects: I will be doing two Gift/Treat/Favor bags this week in class. I am starting early for Fall projects. These would be so cute on your Thanksgiving table for favors and with treats or small gifts inside. For ANYONE at your table, Kids or Adults. Or, Nursing Homes, Hospitals, Seniors, school kids, Neighbors, etc. One is a Scarecrow Bag and the other is a Turkey Bag. Punch art...............and smaller bags.

Doesn't that sound cute?!?!?

2CuteCats 05-16-2012 04:14 AM

Good morning! Have fun a card/stamp club today Jeanette!

Forest Ranger 05-16-2012 04:30 AM

Hi Roxane! Thank you; I plan to. ;)

Forest Ranger 05-16-2012 05:01 AM

Forest Friends, I'm heading out of here now! Won't be back home again until about church time, so I'll see you tonight. Hugs!!!

barbaralynn 05-16-2012 05:31 AM

http://dl2.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...c0s5xp3cxf.gif

barbaralynn 05-16-2012 05:32 AM

Good Morning Jeanette--hope you have a fun card club. The description does sound interesting.

I would like two spots in the card category--and I am sure that since I am the first person to sign up for two spots in one category, I win a prize..................

Sama 05-16-2012 05:58 AM

woooahhh I almost missed this new swap!!
I'm in for cards Forest....thxs:o)

joannhw 05-16-2012 06:25 AM

Can I please have a spot in the card group!!!!

Aprilo 05-16-2012 06:49 AM

Mornin!

JAM123 05-16-2012 06:55 AM

I'm thinking on what category I want to be in. I'm still not sure exactly what you mean by the card candy category. Are these to be recipe cards with card candy on them?

JanetJ 05-16-2012 07:28 AM

Please put me down for 1 spot in the full size cards category! THANKS!! :D

bweaz 05-16-2012 08:36 AM

please put me down for a full sized card.

Thanks,
Beth

momcgw 05-16-2012 08:57 AM

Woohoo....I made it here before you started a second page...lol...

I'll take a spot in each catagory please.

mepylant 05-16-2012 10:35 AM

Okay, I'm here and I got questions!!! :D

First can I have 1 spot in the full cards? :)

Second, can I have 4 spots in the recipe cards? (I'm gonna make me a Forest cookbook when I get mine back!!! Yay me!)

Third, how many pieces need to be in each Candy spot. I know it's 3+1 but do you want just 1 candy creation in each bag making it 4 pieces sent for each spot you take or do you want more than 1 creation per "set"? (example: sending a set of 3 embellished trees in a baggie with a total of 4 baggies (3 trees in each baggie) that would equal 1 spot.) I don't want to confuse anyone but I've been in a few candy swaps and each hostess is different. :D

Let me know J! I want in on the Candy too. Just need to know quantity before I tell ya ;)

way2cute 05-16-2012 11:09 AM

Good Morning Forest friends!!!