Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Cards (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-f107/)
-   -   Completed: Christmas Card Kit Shower (May-Aug 2012) (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-f107/completed-christmas-card-kit-shower-may-aug-2012-a-t550104.html)

tryingtofindtime 03-10-2012 11:49 AM

Completed: Christmas Card Kit Shower (May-Aug 2012)

Tired of making christmas cards at the last minute? Out of ideas? Well this is the swap for you!! Card kits are a great way to try out new stamps, new paper and other goodies you may not have. Its also great way to get new ideas and stretch your creative brain.

Everyone gets 1 month where they get showered! And then for the other 3 months you send 1 card kit to whoever's shower month it is. Players should each send out 3 kits throughout the quarter and get 3 in return, there is no +1 because I'll be playing too.

THIS SWAP IS OPEN TO ANYONE WORLDWIDE, BUT PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP IF YOU CANNOT COMMIT TO 4 MONTHS.

I also think it would be fun, since you only have to send out one kit a month, if we made the kits a little juicier then usual and that way when your turn is up you get a wonderful array of goodies

Card Kits should include (at minimum) the following:
1. 4 to 6 images on 1/4 sheets of white cs with Copic black (Memento, Adirondack) inks or Waterproof black (Versafine, Pallette Noir); not colored in. Label your kits with ink type, please. Images must be perfectly stamped (no smudges or faded areas) and only stamped on one side of the cardstock please. You can either send all the same image or 2 different ones.
2. Four 6”x6” sheets of coordinating designer/patterned papers.
3. Twelve inches of ribbon, trim, cording or other ‘fiber’.
4. Six to Eight coordinating embellishments (brads, buttons, primas, gems, etc).
5. Optional additions include, punched shapes, coordinating sentiments, handmade charms, dry embossed cardstock, pictures of sample cards (from kit contents), card sketches, or anything else you can think of.

Card Kits MUST be mailed by the 20th of each month to ensure recipients get all 3 kits within their month. Thank you! Sign ups until full, but I may add as many groups as needed, if there's enough interest. I'll start us off with January because, well I can. since this is only a 4 month commitment if you want to get more then 3 kits back, you can sign up for more than one group.

PM me your address and month preferance when you sign up and I'll pm everyones addresses out once groups are full.

When the kits you send out are rec'd, I'll add that months letter beside your name to keep track of them all. So everyone please post when you get your kits in the mail.

PRIZES: for posting a picture of the card(s) you made with the kit you received. :)

tryingtofindtime 03-10-2012 11:51 AM

Players:

Group 1 (may complete, June complete, July complete, Aug Complete)
May: tryingtofindtime (kristyn)* M J, J, A
June: Stamperamma (Dea)* M J, J, A
July: auntangie (angie)* m, j, J a
Aug: 2cutecats (Roxane)* M, J J A

Group 2 (may complete, June Complete, Aug complete)
May:scrappy_carla (carla)* M , J J, A (resending July)
June:tryingtofindtime (kristyn)* M J, J, A
July: bradsmom06 (tess)* M, J (pansy, Carla), A
Aug: c-mouse (pansy)* M, J, J, A

Group 3 (may complete, June complete, July complete, Aug Complete)
May: Stamperamma (Dea)* M J, J, A
June: mybugandi (lori)* m J, J, A
July: tryingtofindtime (kristyn)* M, J J, A
Aug: sunstamper (Kelly)* M, J, J A

Group 4 (may complete, June complete, July complete, Aug Complete)
May: sunstamper (Kelly)* M, J, J, a
June: scrappy_carla (carla)* M J, J, A (resending Aug)
July: patboisclair (pat)* M J J, A
Aug: bradsmom06 (tess) * M, J, J A

Group 5 (may complete, June Complete, July complete, Aug Complete)
May: lois577 (lois)* M J, J, A
June: VickiY (vicki)* M J, J, A
July: auntangie (angie)* m, j,J a
Aug: Stamperamma (Dea)* M, J, J A

Group 6 (may complete, June Complete, July Complete, August complete)
May: tryingtofindtime (kristyn)* M, J, J, A
June: sunstamper (Kelly)* M, J, J, A
July: Lois577 (lois)* M J, J, A
Aug: pwiswell (pam)* M, J, J A

Group 7 (may complete, june complete, july complete, Aug. complete)
May: tryingtofindtime (kristyn) * J, J, A
June: animallover (sally)* M, M, J, J, A
July: Stamperamma (Dea)* M, J J, A
Aug: patboisclair (pat) * M, M, J, J A

Group 8 (may complete, June complete, July Complete, Aug complete)
May: (stamperamma angeling for Heather) J, J, A
June: pwiswell (pam)* M J , J, A
July: lois577 (lois) * M, J, J, A
Aug: patboisclair (pat)* M, J, J, A

*have addresss
Prizes for posting Pictures
Stamperamma (Dea) 2
pwiswell (pam) 2
scrappy_carla (carla) 2

lois577 03-10-2012 03:24 PM

Count me in again! I'd like two spots - one in May and one in July please.

tryingtofindtime 03-10-2012 04:17 PM

you got it!

2CuteCats 03-10-2012 04:23 PM

Hello!
I would like one spot and would like to be showered in August since it is a very busy month for me. That way I don't have to send any out that month.
Have a good evening ladies!

tryingtofindtime 03-10-2012 04:26 PM

Roxane-welcome! I will put you down for Aug!

2CuteCats 03-10-2012 04:46 PM

Thank you Kristyn!

scrappy_carla 03-10-2012 07:56 PM

I'd like one spot please- May would be good for me. Thanks!

Stamperamma 03-11-2012 07:47 AM

I would like four spots please, different months if possible please. Thanks for Hosting.

Stamperamma - Dea

tryingtofindtime 03-11-2012 11:49 AM

carla and Dea-Welcome...You got it!!

mybugandi45 03-11-2012 01:12 PM

Hiya
I saw your 'plug' on the ABC ATC Swap. I would like either June or July please.

pat boisclair 03-11-2012 02:17 PM

Kristyn, Sign me up for Group 1 for July and Group 3 August. Thanks

tryingtofindtime 03-11-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mybugandi45 (Post 19263823)
Hiya
I saw your 'plug' on the ABC ATC Swap. I would like either June or July please.

LOL...it wasn't meant to be a "plug", but I guess it did come out that way huh?!...sorry about that!

Great to have you in this round...anyone that comes over here from your ABC ATC swap I'll give you prize!

for everyone reading this post...you have to check out Lori's ABC ATC Swap...I'm having soooo much fun with it!! I've got 3 of my 4 spots done and it's not due till June! I do see more spots in my future!!

tryingtofindtime 03-11-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pat boisclair (Post 19263967)
Kristyn, Sign me up for Group 1 for July and Group 3 August. Thanks

You got it!!

c-mouse 03-11-2012 07:26 PM

I would like Group 2 August please.

auntangie 03-12-2012 10:36 AM

HI Kristyn! Could you sign me up for two spots again please? I don't care what months. These are so much fun! Thanks!

tryingtofindtime 03-13-2012 04:08 PM

Pansy and angie you got it! I will update tonght on my computor...using phone now and well its ackward. Lol. Welcome back!

tryingtofindtime 03-14-2012 11:39 AM

all updated....anyone else want to join us?

Vickie Y 03-14-2012 11:56 AM

Yep, I can't resist! :)

Can I have June in Group 5, please.

sunstamper 03-14-2012 01:09 PM

Sounds wonderful! Please sign me up for two spots - one in May and one in June. This will be my first swap of this kind. Thanks!

sunstamper 03-14-2012 01:14 PM

Quick question - is the idea to provide enough material in each kit to make four cards?

tryingtofindtime 03-14-2012 06:27 PM

Vicki and Kelly got you both down for your spots...thanks for joining.

tryingtofindtime 03-14-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunstamper (Post 19271885)
Quick question - is the idea to provide enough material in each kit to make four cards?

hum...no not really...I think every crafter has a different style...so what it takes for you to make 4 cards might not be what it takes me to make 4 cards. if you stick to the guidelines, and then whatever "extra's" to make it special you want to include, you will have plenty to make at least one card with lots of layers or several cards that are more clean and simple....so the kits will be for whatever style crafter you may be. Does that make sense?

sunstamper 03-14-2012 06:37 PM

Yep. Thanks for the clarification.

tryingtofindtime 03-14-2012 06:59 PM

your welcome...bottom line have fun with the kit...if you have fun making it, the person getting it will have fun crafting with it.

mybugandi45 03-14-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tryingtofindtime (Post 19263998)
LOL...it wasn't meant to be a "plug", but I guess it did come out that way huh?!...sorry about that!

Great to have you in this round...anyone that comes over here from your ABC ATC swap I'll give you prize!

for everyone reading this post...you have to check out Lori's ABC ATC Swap...I'm having soooo much fun with it!! I've got 3 of my 4 spots done and it's not due till June! I do see more spots in my future!!

Oh Kristyn
No need to apologize. I do not mind at all and thank you for the free advertising for mine too :) I'm glad you are having fun. You must check back for the Challenges -- there will be one this month for sure.

Vickie Y 03-15-2012 05:31 AM

oh yes Kristyn, Lori's challenges are always challenging and FUN! :)

Stamperamma 03-15-2012 12:59 PM

Is it possible for you to post a picture of a card kit you have received or are sending out please.

Thanks
Dea

tryingtofindtime 03-15-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamperamma (Post 19274374)
Is it possible for you to post a picture of a card kit you have received or are sending out please.

Thanks
Dea

dea---yes we can....I will take some pictures this weekend of what I've gotten in the first round, so you can see what to do. :) no problem at all.

tryingtofindtime 03-15-2012 02:52 PM

if you look at the first round (link in my siggy), there are pictures of cards made with the supplies used in the kits received. and some of the posts describe the kits too...maybe that will help as well.

tryingtofindtime 03-15-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mybugandi45 (Post 19272903)
Oh Kristyn
No need to apologize. I do not mind at all and thank you for the free advertising for mine too :) I'm glad you are having fun. You must check back for the Challenges -- there will be one this month for sure.

so far I've missed ALL the challanges...this working 2 jobs is putting a damper on stalking your thread for these challanges! but I do love them! so I'm going to try harder to stalk better!

tryingtofindtime 03-16-2012 04:15 PM

we've got a few more spots open...anyone else interested?

sunstamper 03-16-2012 06:06 PM

If you can open up a spot in a different group, I'll sign up for a third spot.

2CuteCats 03-16-2012 06:08 PM

Hey all! Just dropping in to say "hi"! It was 76 degrees here in MN today and supposed to get up that high tomorrow too! Hope you all have a great weekend and get some stamping time in if you can!

tryingtofindtime 03-17-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunstamper (Post 19277675)
If you can open up a spot in a different group, I'll sign up for a third spot.

kelly-do you have a month preferance? instead of starting a whole new group I have a few people I know i can just move around to get you a 3rd spot.

sunstamper 03-17-2012 11:32 AM

July or August will work. Thanks

tryingtofindtime 03-17-2012 01:09 PM

kelly got you added.

tryingtofindtime 03-17-2012 01:10 PM

only two more spots left!

Jami27 03-17-2012 01:38 PM

Okay - you might as well add me in - I had fun doing this!! Now I just need to find some more X-mas stuff and embellies - I have enought stamps and paper - it's the goodies - I need. hmmmm . . . guess I need to go shopping.

Add me to whichever month you want.

Jami

tryingtofindtime 03-17-2012 06:47 PM

Jami-Glad you had fun and your back for another round. I will get you added. :) not a bad reason to go shopping either!