Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Cards (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-f107/)
-   -   *CLOSED & RECEIVING* Military Culture Swap (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-f107/%2Aclosed-receiving%2A-military-culture-swap-t328461.html)

stampfan 02-28-2008 11:51 AM

*CLOSED & RECEIVING* Military Culture Swap

UPDATE:
Postmark deadline is: April 19
Postmark Deadline for OCONUS is: April 12
Thanks for looking!

Military Culture Swap
Hostess: Anna Rivera

RULES:
  • Theme: Military Culture (Hail & Farewells (welcome/goodbye) Good Luck on your move, My Hero, Miss you, etc. If you’re not sure of your theme, please pm me. Try not to get too Branch specific here please.)
  • Quantity: 10 (this may vary slightly depending on interest)
  • Quality Cards (FULL cards, QUALITY cardstock, Base+ 2 layers & 1 embellishment)
  • NO VENDOR Restrictions
  • Postmark Date: March 31, 2008*
  • Estimated Return Date: one week later
  • No Recipe required, but please list the name of the stamps you used. No Labels on Cards Please!!

MAILING INSTRUCTIONS:
  • Place cards in Large Ziplock.
  • Label bag with Name of Swap, your Real Name, SCS Name and email address. Include a Priority Stamp postage ($4.60) in your baggie. I will pick up the envelope from the Post Office.
  • *OCONUS gals; Your Postmark Deadline is ONE WEEK EARLIER; MARCH 21, 2008. Your postage would be to include a SASE with same postage that was required for you to send your cards + place extra postage in your ziplock if needed. U.S. addresses only please (FPO / APO are ok!).

Please join us!

The "IN" crowd! ;)
1. StampFan ~ Anna *DONE*
2. SnowCountry3111 ~ Gayla **NO SHOW**
3. **Carol** ~ Carol *RECEIVED*
4. Lake Mama ~ *TDY*
5. MindyKid ~ Mindy
5. lteague ~ Lisa *RECEIVED*
6. groovyjerseychick ~ Tia *RECEIVED*
7. seaqueen ~ Annette Cipra *RECEIVED*
8. KiraRenee ~ Kira Keller *RECEIVED*
9. Craftin'Fool ~ Nancy *RECEIVED*
10. Str8Fan ~ Rebecca *RECEIVED*

* Thanks Lisa, glad you could join us! Mindy - Hope all is well. Thanks for letting me know!

stampfan 02-28-2008 11:58 AM

A little more clarification

Hope you can join us! This is a different kind of swap, if you have any questions about the theme or what kind of card to make, please PM me! THIS IS NOT A CARD FOR THE TROOPS SWAP, but more for those of us left behind! Here is a bit of background of why I wanted to create this swap, if it helps;

I am the "welcome wagon/social organizer/checking in on wives/hail&farewell/congrats on the new dependent" gal of our military wives group so I always need cards! I was looking for a Military related swap, with themes such as (this may be branch specific?) ; Hail & Farewell, general welcome aboard!, welcome to the neighborhood, Fair winds & Following seas, Good luck on your PCS! You'll be missed, how you hanging? (for those long deployments!? etc etc all dealing with the events in our lives, our military culture.) I am a Navy Wife, so the jargon may be different between other branches? But you get the idea!

So how 'bout it all you Military Families ? Up for a swap?

BTW if you are OCONUS and interested in this swap - that would be fine too, I would just request an earlier deadline date from you to ensure we stay on schedule. Thanks!

Welcome Aboard!

~ "StampFan"

kevnjenn 02-29-2008 11:19 AM

Just a question about what you want.

1. This is for the family's left behind NOT for the deployed member?

2. And when you say no labels on cards, do you mean labels with recipes? Or no "Hand Stamped by"?

I just want to know what I am getting into before I commit. Thanks!

Lisa K Musil 02-29-2008 12:00 PM

This sounds like a great project, but I'm going to opt out this time. Thanks, ladies!

stampfan 02-29-2008 12:05 PM

Hello Gayla! Thanks for joining us!

stampfan 02-29-2008 12:13 PM

Yes, this are cards for US to use! For example, when a new spouse joins our command, we send them a welcome to the area card, along with a local area map, a list of the other spouses' phone numbers, and a command newsletter, etc. Or when a family moves, a Hail & Farewell card or good luck on your move or stay in touch, etc. So military Culture themese could be;
Hail & Farewell
Welcome
Keep in touch
Congrats on the new dependent (civilians call these babies ;) )
Good luck on your move
Congrats on your promotion (for the AD person)
Heard the good news! (promotion card for the family)

So no, these will not be sent to the troops, these would be for our own personal use.

NO labels means no recipes on labels stuck onto the cards. These are full cards and they should be ready to use. So sticking a label on them as some do with cardfronts would ruin them. No recipe is needed, but a list of the names of the stamps you used would be appreciated. These can be posted online here or placed on a post-it or simply printed out on paper and slipped into each card. However is easier for you.

Thanks, hope you can join us!

traderme 02-29-2008 01:54 PM

Anna,

Thanks for the invite. Unfortunately, I cannot participate this time. I am retiring and my ceremony is during this time period. I have so much to do and little time to craft.

Thanks,
Marjorie

**Carol** 03-01-2008 07:43 PM

Kevnjenn just PM'd me to let me know about the Military Culture Swap, and I would love to join (and I would mail early), but I am concerned about the stipulation "U.S. addresses only please." I have an APO address, and would be happy to enclose a premade customs form, would that be okay?

Pax et bonum,

Carol @ Osan Air Base, S. Korea

stampfan 03-02-2008 10:46 AM

Hi Carol - Welcome! Yes APO is a US address, that'd be fine. It doesn't have to be a physical CONUS US address, any address that would rely on US mail and not require foreign postage. I'll add you to the list and if you could add the premade custom form that would be helpful at the PO. Thanks and welcome!

**Carol** 03-02-2008 11:51 PM

OPEN: Military Culture Swap

Thanks for signing me up, these are just the sorts of cards I need ALL THE TIME! I am excited to see what other people are doing with these themes!

Pax et bonum,

Carol

stampfan 03-02-2008 11:59 PM

Sure Carol and thanks for spreading the word! I know this is a small niche among us stampers!

**Carol** 03-03-2008 11:51 PM

OPEN: Military Culture Card Swap

Bump for more swappers!

Pax et bonum,

Carol

**Carol** 03-06-2008 12:38 AM

Military Culture Card Swap

Military family members, check out this swap!

Pax et bonum,

Carol

stampfan 03-06-2008 08:55 AM

Thanks Carol!

stampfan 03-10-2008 07:41 AM

btt

Mindykid 03-10-2008 11:29 AM

Is this an SU product only swap or can we use other vendors as well?

stampfan 03-10-2008 11:42 AM

NO Vendor Restriction

Any vendor product is fine (not just SU!) because of the theme I thought it would be best to keep it broad. Cardstock should be quality cardtock however, not too thin.

So are you in!?!! :)

Lake Mama 03-10-2008 12:27 PM

Swap

Count me in
Lake Mama
Ft Leavenworth, KS

stampfan 03-10-2008 10:06 PM

Welcome!

Welcome! Lake Mama & Mindykid! Thanks for joining!

Any more players?

stampfan 03-11-2008 12:01 PM

btt

grooveyjerseychick 03-11-2008 03:32 PM

hey Anna, can I get a spot?

stampfan 03-12-2008 01:17 PM

Welcome Tia! You're IN! Thanks for joining!

stampfan 03-12-2008 01:26 PM

DOES ANYONE NEED MORE TIME?

I just had a suggestion of a longer turnaround time to give everyone time to get cards done and sent out. I know that this runs into some people's Spring Breaks / Vacations / Easter, etc.

This is just a quick poll, if you could post your answer here, and I'll let everyone know via pm AND posting here if there are any changes.

Would you prefer:
NO CHANGES to the deadline dates
APRIL 12 postmark deadline
APRIL 19 postmark deadline

Thanks,
Anna

**Carol** 03-13-2008 01:22 AM

OPEN: Military Culture Swap

I don't care personally about the deadline, but if you change it, I recommend going out to Apr. 19 as the earliest.

Pax et bonum,

Carol

grooveyjerseychick 03-13-2008 01:53 AM

I'm always for more time...;)

stampfan 03-14-2008 11:33 PM

btt

seaqueen 03-15-2008 08:01 AM

sounds like fun. sign me up. not sure what theme i will do.
could you please send me your address. Do we have to send priority postage? can it be sent reqular mail with the same amount of postage for return with two extra stamps?

Seaqueen

stampfan 03-17-2008 02:01 AM

Looking good, just a couple more spots . . . anyone?

stampfan 03-18-2008 12:52 AM

btt

KiraRenee 03-18-2008 04:53 PM

Add me please!

craftin'fool 03-19-2008 10:00 AM

am I in?

ok,
I registered with the web site- now what do I do? I am looking forward to joining this group!
Thanks for organizing this!
Nancy

Str8Fan 03-19-2008 10:06 AM

Okay, after careful consideration, I'd like to join also! Anna, is it okay if I just bring them to StampMania instead of mailing them to you?

Thanks for extending the deadline.

stampfan 03-20-2008 10:15 PM

FULL and CLOSED - Let the stamping begin!

WHOO HOO right on schedule ladies! Thanks for making this swap! WELCOME to Str8Fan, KiraRenne and Craftin'Fool!

Nancy, You ARE in and welcome to SCS, you'll love it here! What you do next? STAMP! We can work on these together if you'd like?

Str8Fan, I'll see you at Stamp Mania! Whoo hoo! I will definitely take your cards then! Good idea, Thanks!

KiraRenee, welcome! Could I please get your "real" name to add to the list? Thanks

And Thanks to all of you for joining, now you can get stampin - or not! We have an extended deadline, so enjoy your Spring Breaks, Easters, and I look forward to seeing all of your creations!

Thanks for joining!

lteague 03-22-2008 07:45 AM

I was told about this swap by Carol - is there any way I can be added to the list even though it says "you're full"?

Lisa

stampfan 03-22-2008 02:58 PM

Hi Lisa, thanks for checking in. But at this point I would have to say we are indeed full. I don't know how many people have started or have finished and I am actually out of the country on vacation and won't be able to poll or monitor this thread for awhile. ButcCan I keep your name in mind for the next swap or as a Swap Angel if needed?

Thanks for your interest,

Anna

Mindykid 03-22-2008 03:03 PM

Lisa -
Would you take my spot please? Our family has had a crisis that is demanding much of my attention right now.

Thanks!

-Mindy

stampfan 03-22-2008 03:04 PM

Spring Break Fun! Check this out - PRIZES!

Hello ladies, I am on Spring Break and am checking in one last time before I get back. I will check in when I return in about a week.

In the meantime get those creative juices flowing and, this is just for fun . . .

TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF!
1. How are you Military affiliated? Spouse, mom, girlfriend, etc?

2. Where are you stationed? Where do you live?

3. What Military theme did you choose?

4. Please post when you are done with your swap and it has gone postal!

Extra - if you are still hiding behind your SCS name, don't be shy! Share your "real world" name with us please! First names are fine! ;)

Anyone who answers ALL Four questions will receive an additional surprise in their swap from the Hostess - that's me!! :D

Thanks for playing! Happy Spring everyone!

lteague 03-22-2008 09:26 PM

Mindy,

I'd be happy to take your spot. I hope everything works out with your family issue.

Lisa

**Carol** 03-31-2008 01:17 AM

Military Culture Swap

In the meantime get those creative juices flowing and, this is just for fun . . .

TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF!
1. How are you Military affiliated?

Air Force Spouse. Don't ask how many years! (grin)

We live on Osan AB, Korea. For the second time. Initially lived here when our 20-year-old son was a toddler (hint to help with #1!).

Actually I'm thinking of making cards the senders can customize--but maybe they will just say, Thinking of You. In any case, they will have a patriotic motif.

4. Please post when you are done with your swap and it has gone postal! Okey doke!

Pax et bonum,

Carol

Extra - if you are still hiding behind your SCS name, don't be shy! Share your "real world" name with us please! First names are fine! ;)

Anyone who answers ALL Four questions will receive an additional surprise in their swap from the Hostess - that's me!! :D

Thanks for playing! Happy Spring everyone![/quote]

Str8Fan 03-31-2008 04:28 PM

1. How are you Military affiliated? Spouse, mom, girlfriend, etc?
As stated in my signature, I am a PROUD Army wife. We have been part of the Army family for more than 20 years. I used to be an Army Mom, but our older son finished his tour of duty almost a year ago after his tour in Iraq. Carol--we left Osan in Jan. 2007. We enjoyed being there. I understand many things have changed since we left!

As stated under my avatar, we are out in the desert--the Mojave desert to be exact. We are stationed at Fort Irwin and live here on post!!

I really haven't decided what message my cards will have, I just know what the design will look like.

4. Please post when you are done with your swap and it has gone postal!
Ana--you'll know when I'm finished! :D

*Bonus* My name is also in my signature! ;)