Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Cards (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-f107/)
-   -   ***Closed*** Monthly Image Challenge (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-f107/%2A%2A%2Aclosed%2A%2A%2A-monthly-image-challenge-t519877.html)

germanstampler 02-09-2011 03:59 AM

***Closed*** Monthly Image Challenge

Hi friends and welcome to our new little monthly challenge. We all had a lot of fun in past swaps and itīs a great way to maintain our friendship and contacts.

The Story:
Donelda und Linda had a great idea. They have chosen a stamped image and then everyone has designed a card. The result was very interesting because everyone has a different stamping style, uses various layouts, colors and so on… and on…. The result was shown at the same date on their blogs. When we heard about this, we also wanted to join.

And thatīs the challenge:
Make a card with the image and/or other challenge instructions you receive and post it first here and then on your blog.

The deeds:
1. We start in March. Each one of you has signed up for a month to send out their challenge to the rest of the group.

2. The hostess of the month chooses the images (and perhaps some other funny instructions) and send envelopes out to each player by the first of the month. Everyone should get 2-3 images (if something goes wrong with coloring - you will have a reserve) by the 15th of each month. Please remember: Everyone gets the same and please use Copic friendly ink.

Please remember: The Post to Donelda (Canada) and Tanja and Imke (Germany) takes longer. Therefore, please send better a little earlier.

3. Hostess: Let us know when you are sending out the envelopes and to the participants: Let us know, when they arrive.

4. Make a card and post in this thread first on the last Saturday of the month and then add it to your gallery and/or on your blog.

We will keep this swap going as long as people are interested. And please, I only opened this thread - but we are all hostesses !
When I should change something or you may have other suggestions: Please let me know.

Let the fun begin and post here which month you want to be a hostess. Once it’s gone it’s gone ;)

Participants:

Momma Patti (Patti)*****JANUARY 2012*****RECEIVE
Debra G Smith (Debra)*****FEBRUARY 2012*****RECEIVE
monkeymama (Angela)******MARCH 2012*****RECEIVE
3boysathome (Tanja)*****APRIL 2012*****RECEIVE <<<Stopped Aug 2012>>>
jlazarski (Jessica)*********MAY 2012******RECEIVE
Sandra Lea (Sandy) *******JUNE 2012******RECEIVE
Linda Palmer (Linda) *****JULY 2012******RECEIVE
germanstampler (Imke) *****AUGUST 2012*****
Queenbee Jo (Joanna)*****SEPTEMBER 2012*****
leslie0090 (Denise)*****OCTOBER 2012****
wiggydl (Donelda) *****NOVEMBER 2012*****
tackertwosome (Lena)*****DECEMBER 2012*****
Susanne527 (Susanne)*****JANUARY 2013*****
patriciae (Pat)*****FEBRUARY 2013*****
Vickie Y (Vickie)*****MARCH 2013*****
taclary (Tracie)*****APRIL 2013*****
Kathleen Curry (Kathy)*****MAY 2013*****

germanstampler 02-09-2011 04:03 AM

Pleae not some Changes : Since most are agreed, we will do it this way:

Pease upload your card at the last Saturday of the month in your Gallery here on SCS.

Use the keyword SSMIS+currently Month. For February it would be: SSMISFEB

Then we have a look at all the cards. You can also post it on your blog of course, but the main thing will be here.

We start with January

And here are all entries for the February Collection

And here are all entries for the March Collection

Ready for the April Collection

Take a look at May

And here all the entries for June

Ready for July ?

Here are all entries for August

Here are all entries for September

Ready for October ?

Here comes November

Last month of the year. Here is December

germanstampler 02-09-2011 04:28 AM

Before we can start, please send me your address via pm. I will create a list and send to each participant.

I would start in March. Then you get an idea how it all meant.

wiggydl 02-09-2011 04:48 AM

Yeah Imke for getting this tread up and running...off to pm me your address!!!

germanstampler 02-09-2011 05:00 AM

Yeah, Month of June goes to Donelda !!

Ladies, Donelda had a good idea. Please, write me also your birth date to the address. Some of you might want to send birthday cards to our friends. This is not mandatory, only those who like it.

MommaPatti 02-09-2011 05:21 AM

Just checking in on the new swap thread so I'll be subscribed. Like the idea of birthdays, too!

tackertwosome 02-09-2011 07:10 AM

Ikme I'll take July! Yeah! PMing you my addy.

Which is my birthday month too!

Susanne527 02-09-2011 07:20 AM

Hello Imke...I PM'd my info to you! :)

Kathleen Curry 02-09-2011 08:41 AM

Good, found the thread! Thanks so much for setting this up Imke, this will be fun! I'll pm my information to you.

patriciae 02-09-2011 09:01 AM

Hi Imke, can I have September??

Queenbee Jo 02-09-2011 09:15 AM

Hi Imke: I'm PM'ing my address. I'd like to take April.

germanstampler 02-09-2011 09:44 AM

I am happy that everything worked well :D

The first months are saved ....I have listed all of you for the required months.

germanstampler 02-09-2011 09:58 AM

Happy Birthday Kathleen !!

Vickie Y 02-09-2011 10:37 AM

Thank you Imke for setting up the challenge thread! I'll PM you my address and birthday month.

If no one has requested to host the month of October, I would like to.

Can't wait to get started!

germanstampler 02-09-2011 12:10 PM

YES, October is still available- now it is your month :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vickie Y (Post 17935054)
Thank you Imke for setting up the challenge thread! I'll PM you my address and birthday month.

If no one has requested to host the month of October, I would like to.

Can't wait to get started!

Kathleen Curry 02-09-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by germanstampler (Post 17934939)
Happy Birthday Kathleen !!

Thanks Imke! Can I have Nov. or December? Either is good, don't know if you have other requests for these. I'll pm my info to you shortly. This is going to be fun!

leslie0090 02-09-2011 02:26 PM

Imke, I will take May if it is still available! Thanks for getting this up and running. I am sending my info to you now!

taclary 02-09-2011 03:07 PM

I will take November if it is available. Thanks so much for doing this. This should be great fun.

leslie0090 02-09-2011 03:24 PM

I have never hosted before, I know its not like the other swaps, but someone will still have to help me out!!!!! PLEASE :)

tackertwosome 02-09-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leslie0090 (Post 17936065)
I have never hosted before, I know its not like the other swaps, but someone will still have to help me out!!!!! PLEASE :)

Denise if I understand corectly you will need to make 14 envelopes with 2 or 3 images of the same stamp. Send them out to all the names on the list. Except in mine add chocolate! ah ha ha (sorry couldn't help myself!)

Then you have until a certain date to have your card that you made with the image up -loaded to your blog or your Gallery on SCS.

If you want to add a sketch or other embellishments it's up to you.

Someone in the know tell me if I have this correct?

MommaPatti 02-09-2011 04:02 PM

Looks like the next available month will be January of next year...so can I fill that spot as hostess of the month??:D

Susanne527 02-09-2011 05:34 PM

So, I have a question, seeing as though there are only a few weeks left of February 2011...are we NOT doing the card design with Linda's design? Or is that still on too?

{Thinking how long it is going to take for our far-away sisters to receive the images...}

wiggydl 02-09-2011 09:11 PM

Hey Denise, you should ask your mother how this works as she started it :-) heheheh ... it's like the cheese touch LOL (sorry if you don't understand this .. you would if you had a middle schooler!!)

Lena is correct ... everyone listen to her she is very smart !!

Suzanne ... you make a very good point ... mmmmm, what do you think Linda?? Imke??? Do we want to make Linda's images the February challenge?? And since that was just the first go at it we will post it whenever we are all ready ... even if it is a bit late we can still all post. Does that even make sense?? I've had a really, really long day and I'm not sure if I am even thinking clearly ....... other's thoughts??????

germanstampler 02-09-2011 10:19 PM

Good Morning,

Lena- is absolutely right. She understood everything. Was my German/English explanation quite well what? ;)

Patti- You got January 2012 :D

Susanne and Donelda- I've also been thinking about it. I think it's a good idea, as Linda has already sent images. I will send her a pm and ask her if itīs ok.

Have a great day !!

leslie0090 02-10-2011 12:26 AM

Thanks Lena for the directions, I thought that was probably what it was but wasn't for sure!!!

Susanne527 02-10-2011 03:35 AM

If the imagages are already out on the road...we should be OK right? I just didn't want Linda to stress and hurry since the month is so short and we have international gals on here! :)

Linda Palmer 02-10-2011 06:51 AM

I will send Patti some images. I didn't get a pm from her so did not send images. I will send some out today if you will send me your address Patti. I am so glad you are joining us.

I am sending a pm to Imke with mine and Debra's address.

germanstampler 02-10-2011 08:46 AM

Since Linda has already been sent out to almost all participants images, we can start in February. YEAH !!

There were only two left and these images are now being shipped yet.

THANKS LINDA !!

Welcome to Debra, she is Lindaīs DIL and also wants to join. Welcome !!

I only need the address of Kathy and then I'll send you the list.

patriciae 02-10-2011 08:54 AM

HOORAY!!!!

Kathleen Curry 02-10-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by germanstampler (Post 17938767)
Since Linda has already been sent out to almost all participants images, we can start in February. YEAH !!

There were only two left and these images are now being shipped yet.

THANKS LINDA !!

Welcome to Debra, she is Lindaīs DIL and also wants to join. Welcome !!

I only need the address of Kathy and then I'll send you the list.

Sorry Imke, I just sent it!

Susanne527 02-10-2011 09:23 AM

Hi Imke----Question: "Copic Friendly Ink"? I have had absolutely ZERO problems using all kinds of ink for Copics (embossing and dry ink) and my all time favorite ink still has to be Colorbox....but I do own Versacolor and Versa fine....

What inks don't like to play with our Copics? <smiles> curious! :)

Susanne527 02-10-2011 09:24 AM

Wow...Kath...you n me must have hit the POST button at the same time....your post popped up a "katrillionth of a second" on mine!!! hahaha

Kathleen Curry 02-10-2011 11:00 AM

That's funny Susanne, posting at exactly the same time!

I know stazon and stampin up basic black don't play nice with copics, they bleed with the copic ink. I usually use Memento with my copics, some people have said they use palette ink, but that smears for me, too. I haven't tried color box I don't think.

taclary 02-10-2011 04:01 PM

Got my images in the mail today. I am going to have great fun this weekend. This is my first Magnolia image so I am excited to give it a try. Thanks Linda for sending those.

MommaPatti 02-10-2011 05:04 PM

Is Adirondack Pitch Black also Copic friendly? I thought I've used that before when filling Wish-RAKs. I knew Memento was, too....just wondering? I'm just now getting into Copics, so this is new territory for me.

leslie0090 02-10-2011 09:54 PM

JCI, I don't know the questions about the Ink and copics, sorry. My Mom got me started using Momento ink, so that is the ink I have always used unless I am using my Stampin Up colored ink for colored projects, sorry.

germanstampler 02-11-2011 01:11 AM

HAPPY FRIDAY !!

Tracie- I think you are the first who gets the images-great a Magnolia Stamp :D

About Copic friendly ink:
As Kathy said, Stazon and the Stampin Up Ink doesnīt work. The ink smeared when you start coloring. Copics are alcohol based markers and the ink must match. I use Memento Tuxedo Black and I am very happy with the result. If the images are heat embossed, it works also well.

Have a great day !!

taclary 02-11-2011 04:22 AM

I also like the Memento Tuxedo Black to use with copics. I have had the best luck with that ink.

Vickie Y 02-11-2011 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taclary (Post 17942483)
I also like the Memento Tuxedo Black to use with copics. I have had the best luck with that ink.

Me too.

Vickie Y 02-11-2011 05:19 AM

And, if anyone uses prima colored pencils and a blending agent such as gamsol, memento ink is one of the best for that technique too in my humble opinion. :)