Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree30Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 07:25 AM   #241
Mad Swapper

Default me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanryan6 View Post
playing in craft room...hopefully i can declare it a productive day vs. spinning my wheels...time will tell...
I just had a perm to cancel so that leaves me 2 free hours in the beauty shop so I am going to the craft room too, need 1 more project for stamp class Monday.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:25 AM   #242
Pearl-ExPert

Martha-hopefully you had gotten the project completed---

I had gotten some lovely cards done as I was cleaning off the table...i had printed out some great digi stamps and then started coloring, I'm on the second set of easy stamps then i will finish the coloring today and i have one masculine beautiful tiger to make a card out of and another a little girl with raincoat and umbrella...will look cute with some glitter glue...

so today will be another 1/2 day of crafting...then i have to get some paper work in order, house straightened, make some brownies for valentines day tomorrow and then its working 3 12 hr shifts....

that's my week in a nutshell--hopefully everyone will have a wonderful week
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-13-2013, 08:47 AM   #243
Die Cut Diva

Location: Leon is one of our "Seniors" up for adoption at www.mwdr.org
Default more cards!!!

I got more cards yesterday, but was so busy, I didn't have a chance to post!

Here is a picture of the cards I received from Sandra (Stamp Wizard). My fav is the chocolate one, of course!
Attached Thumbnails
005.jpg  
Old 02-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #244
Die Cut Diva

Default more cards!!!

I also received cards from Tracy (ktfabian2).

I can't believe how cute those kitty cards are!
Attached Thumbnails
004.jpg  
Old 02-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #245
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiekay View Post
I also received cards from Tracy (ktfabian2).

I can't believe how cute those kitty cards are!
I love that cute kitty cat card too! Especially the way he's holding his tail.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #246
Crimping Master

Happy Saturday - what is everyone doing this long weekend? I am getting a facial and massage to treat myself, hiking tomorrow and Monday I will be cleaning and preparing materials for my class Tuesday. Will probably stamp in between here and there
Old 02-17-2013, 06:19 AM   #247
Pearl-ExPert

last week i spent one day in my craft room and it felt good getting my creativity mojo going again....had gotten 2 sets of 12 done...

taking a page from Martha's book and setting aside those and then when i get several piles of 12...i can get a few from each pile for a variety for the houses...

and truth be told 1/2 of them are for the guys out there...at least guy colors and such....and i'm coloring some digistamps one for the female variety and other for male...

i'm on a roll....who knows where this will lead...i will be sending Feb. this thursday to Jane now off to see what to make for march....
Old 02-17-2013, 06:59 AM   #248
Stazon Splitcoast

checkin in ~

Jane I will have cards off to you later this week. This week has been a little busy
Old 02-18-2013, 04:50 AM   #249
Mad Swapper

Quote:
last week i spent one day in my craft room and it felt good getting my creativity mojo going again....had gotten 2 sets of 12 done...

taking a page from Martha's book and setting aside those and then when i get several piles of 12...i can get a few from each pile for a variety for the houses...

and truth be told 1/2 of them are for the guys out there...at least guy colors and such....and i'm coloring some digistamps one for the female variety and other for male...

i'm on a roll....who knows where this will lead...i will be sending Feb. this thursday to Jane now off to see what to make for march....
I had colored lots of images, I do that a lot while watching tv at night, so last week I cut out and put together 41 cards, some there were only 4 of but one set had 18, feels good to get ahead.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:02 AM   #250
Mad Swapper

I took 140 cards into Little Rock Saturday to the Ronald McDonald House. I met 3 different workers and received gracious appreciation for all the work we do. Thanks to all the ladies who helped to make this possible.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #251
Crimping Master

Hi,

I just got my stitches out yesterday from my carpal tunnel surgery, and he did two injections into my right hand, so I'm getting ready to head back into my craft room. I can't wait!

The kitty image from the cards I sent to Janie is from MFT. Unfortunately, it was retired at least a year ago, but if anyone would like some stamped images, just send me a pm. I had to buy it because I made a kitty costume for my youngest son's second Halloween that was worn by my younger son, too, and this just reminded me so much of both of them.

Barb, your cards are ready to go and will be mailed later this week. I've been trying to spread out mailing all the cards I made prior to surgery so as not to break the bank!

I just mailed my first box of cards to my RMD House in Danville, PA earlier this week. I hope to get out to visit in a few weeks when the weather is a bit more cooperative. They were thrilled to be adopted and will be putting together a list of what they need after they see what I've sent.

Have a great Wednesday,

Proud Mom of Iraq War Vet, Please Support Our Troops!
I support Operation Write Home and the Danville, PA Ronald McDonald House
Old 02-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #252
Matboard Maniac

I have my February cards finished but haven't gotten to the post office. I have bursitis in my right hip and with this cold and rainy weather we are having here in So. Cal. it is just killing me. I am waiting for my walker to come that the physical therapist ordered for me so that I can be somewhat mobile again. I will try to get them mailed out today. I hope this is OK.
Thanks,
Cheryl
Old 02-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #253
Die Cut Diva

Heart Glad that you are feeling better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktfabian2 View Post
Hi,

I just got my stitches out yesterday from my carpal tunnel surgery, and he did two injections into my right hand, so I'm getting ready to head back into my craft room. I can't wait!

The kitty image from the cards I sent to Janie is from MFT. Unfortunately, it was retired at least a year ago, but if anyone would like some stamped images, just send me a pm. I had to buy it because I made a kitty costume for my youngest son's second Halloween that was worn by my younger son, too, and this just reminded me so much of both of them.

Barb, your cards are ready to go and will be mailed later this week. I've been trying to spread out mailing all the cards I made prior to surgery so as not to break the bank!

I just mailed my first box of cards to my RMD House in Danville, PA earlier this week. I hope to get out to visit in a few weeks when the weather is a bit more cooperative. They were thrilled to be adopted and will be putting together a list of what they need after they see what I've sent.

Have a great Wednesday,
I know how much carpal tunnel hurts! I need to get injections in my left hand and had surgery in my right! I'm so happy that your surgery went well! It is amazing the difference after surgery.

How many cards did you send to Danville??? I can't wait to add them to the totals! We are almost up to 13,000 cards!!!

Hugs,
Jane
Old 02-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #254
Die Cut Diva

Default No problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzinkspot View Post
I have my February cards finished but haven't gotten to the post office. I have bursitis in my right hip and with this cold and rainy weather we are having here in So. Cal. it is just killing me. I am waiting for my walker to come that the physical therapist ordered for me so that I can be somewhat mobile again. I will try to get them mailed out today. I hope this is OK.
Thanks,
Cheryl
This has been such a hard winter on so many! I'm sorry that you are having such a hard time! My mom had bursitis in her shoulder all the time, and I did have a bought of it once. Thank goodness it hasn't come back! It makes movement very difficult! Have you tried a steroid shot in your hip??? It was what made life bearable for me with my shoulder!

The damp cold is hard on your body, especially when you aren't young any more! I really don't consider myself OLD, but since I've suffered with arthritis since about 35, I sometimes feel old! At 52, I'm finally on a medicine regimen that is working for me most days, thank God!!!

No rush on the cards! Wait until you are feeling better! Hopefully soon!

Hugs and blessings,
Jane
Old 02-21-2013, 04:29 AM   #255
Pearl-ExPert

Morning ladies,
this week i've been spending much quality and quantity time in my craft room...my psyche and my son are both thanking me...i needed this getaway time...

we are havning a winter storm barrel down on us in a few hrs, schools cancelled....so i am getting this package ready to be mailed on Saturday---I have a few that will be postal then...
Old 02-22-2013, 05:52 AM   #256
Die Cut Diva

Heart Hi Ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctreach View Post
I would like to donate cards as time permits, I just wanted to confirm that I can donate without being a hostess. I love to donate cards to great causes it gives me a reason to be in my playroom
I got some beautiful cards yesterday, but couldn't post because my camera battery was dead! All charged now and so here is a picture of the fantastic cards that Cathy sent!

Cathy, your time in the playroom is well spent! It's very hard to pick a favorite, but if I did, I think I would have to pick the monkey in the airplane!!! OMG! Is that the cutest card EVER?!?!?!?! Thanks so much for helping out with this project!
Attached Thumbnails
2-22-13-001.jpg  

Last edited by janiekay; 02-22-2013 at 05:56 AM.. Reason: forgot to add picture!
Old 02-22-2013, 03:44 PM   #257
Die Cut Diva

Default Got more cards!

I got more cards in the mail today! I'm posting a picture, but I didn't see a name on the package of who sent it to me!

Very cute cards! Love the little boy with the balloon and the puppy peeking out! BUT, that dinosaur is pretty cute, too! I know the kids will love these cards!
Attached Thumbnails
001.jpg  
Old 02-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #258
Stampin' Fool

Those cards are from me!!
Old 02-23-2013, 05:54 AM   #259
Pearl-ExPert

beautiful cards PAM!
Old 02-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #260
Die Cut Diva

Cathy's cards are so nice! They are very cheerful and bright. I see what may be a couple of Stampin' Up! stamps.

Quote:
I got some beautiful cards yesterday, but couldn't post because my camera battery was dead! All charged now and so here is a picture of the fantastic cards that Cathy sent!

Cathy, your time in the playroom is well spent! It's very hard to pick a favorite, but if I did, I think I would have to pick the monkey in the airplane!!! OMG! Is that the cutest card EVER?!?!?!?! Thanks so much for helping out with this project!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #261
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl-ny View Post
Those cards are from me!!
Pam!

Your cards are so bright and cheerful! I love them. I'm going to use these as examples (stimulating my brain cells) for kid cards to send to the troops. I'm not very creative when it comes to making cards for parents to send to kids.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:22 PM   #262
Die Cut Diva

I don't know if I mentioned this in an earlier post, but I've been reading a couple of books on organization. One book, Organizing Your Home, has really, really got me excited/hyped up!

I've been cleaning out bedroom closets & drawers, boxes of old files & papers, and boxes with unknown items. Turns out I found 2 boxes of cards I'd put aside for "later" use. A large bunch of holidays (Christmas especially) but also bunches of general, all occasion cards! I'm not sorting them and putting in mailing envelopes to get ready to send to each RMH on the list each month!

This is in addition to the cards I'm sending to my troops.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:11 PM   #263
Mad Swapper

Getting cards ready to send to Barb for March! Have a great day,
Old 02-28-2013, 07:57 PM   #264
Die Cut Diva

Default Got your cards, Linda!

Here are Linda's BEAUTIFUL cards! I LOVE the "something wonderful" cards, but I have to say that the "cake layers" cards are a close second!

Thanks! I'm going Sunday to Madison, and am going to drop off some card kits that I have for the kids to make up! I haven't counted these as cards for my totals, but since they each make up a card, I really should!!!!

YEAH! Tomorrow's FRIDAY! Everyone smile!
Attached Thumbnails
dog-pillows-cards-016.jpg  
Old 02-28-2013, 08:00 PM   #265
Die Cut Diva

Default Must be that time of the year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp Wizard View Post
I don't know if I mentioned this in an earlier post, but I've been reading a couple of books on organization. One book, Organizing Your Home, has really, really got me excited/hyped up!

I've been cleaning out bedroom closets & drawers, boxes of old files & papers, and boxes with unknown items. Turns out I found 2 boxes of cards I'd put aside for "later" use. A large bunch of holidays (Christmas especially) but also bunches of general, all occasion cards! I'm not sorting them and putting in mailing envelopes to get ready to send to each RMH on the list each month!

This is in addition to the cards I'm sending to my troops.
I've been on a cleaning/organizing binge, too! As I find things that got stuffed away before I got it finished, I've been working on them, too! I've really been getting a LOT done! Next project is cards for my March swap!

I love surprises like finding things that I forgot about!
Old 03-02-2013, 06:19 AM   #266
Pearl-ExPert

thanks Jane---those "something wonderful" was a free digistamp that i had downloaded...i love the saying ones....now that i think of it...the cake layers was another free digistamp as well....

i am working on Barb's "spring" cards...i should just make a card with metal springs all over it....that wuld be a hoot if i found a house mouse jumping too....okay my mind just went a little off here....

more later
Old 03-02-2013, 07:48 AM   #267
Die Cut Diva

Default Linda...

Quote:
thanks Jane---those "something wonderful" was a free digistamp that i had downloaded...i love the saying ones....now that i think of it...the cake layers was another free digistamp as well....

i am working on Barb's "spring" cards...i should just make a card with metal springs all over it....that wuld be a hoot if i found a house mouse jumping too....okay my mind just went a little off here....

more later
You are a HOOT!!! I love house mouse stamps!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:19 AM   #268
Crimping Master

Happy Monday everyone, actually, I am dreading being @ work today but kind of looking forward to my class tonight.

Barbara (March) and Jen (May) - I will be mailing your cards out today. I am a bit ahead for May but since I don't go to the post office a lot. I thought I should just mail them together.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #269
Matboard Maniac

Just wondering if you received my cards yet.

Thanks,
Cheryl
Old 03-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #270
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

If you mean me for March--they are not here.

Quote:
Just wondering if you received my cards yet.

Thanks,
Cheryl
Old 03-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #271
Matboard Maniac

No, sorry I should have been more specific. I was wondering if Jane received my February cards.

Thanks,
Cheryl
Old 03-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #272
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

They came today--very cute!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsp245 View Post
Happy Monday everyone, actually, I am dreading being @ work today but kind of looking forward to my class tonight.

Barbara (March) and Jen (May) - I will be mailing your cards out today. I am a bit ahead for May but since I don't go to the post office a lot. I thought I should just mail them together.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:00 AM   #273
Pearl-ExPert

morning ladies, i've been busy at work and the next few days are no exception...keeping fngers crossed so i can com back and chat over weekend.....

see my fingers were crossed because my typing is really really bad
Old 03-07-2013, 10:46 PM   #274
Crimping Master

Quote:
This has been such a hard winter on so many! I'm sorry that you are having such a hard time! My mom had bursitis in her shoulder all the time, and I did have a bought of it once. Thank goodness it hasn't come back! It makes movement very difficult! Have you tried a steroid shot in your hip??? It was what made life bearable for me with my shoulder!

The damp cold is hard on your body, especially when you aren't young any more! I really don't consider myself OLD, but since I've suffered with arthritis since about 35, I sometimes feel old! At 52, I'm finally on a medicine regimen that is working for me most days, thank God!!!

No rush on the cards! Wait until you are feeling better! Hopefully soon!

Hugs and blessings,
Jane
Janie,

I'm 52, also, and I have days of feeling very old. I have pretty bad arthritis in my hands. It scares me sometimes because I don't know what I'll do with myself anymore when I can't craft! I had to give up my career in my early 30's because of a back injury and crafting really filled the void. I'm glad your arthritis is well taken care of. I have the autoimmune disease, Sjogren's Syndrome, so I see a really great specialist in Philadelphia, and he handles my arthritis issues as well. He's fantastic but I've still had a really rough winter with my hands.

I also just had a10 day stomach bug, so I haven't been around for a while. I hope everyone is well. Our temperatures are supposed to be near 50 over the weekend and I can't wait. I'm tired of being cold!

My cards are ready to head to Barbara, I'm just finishing another swap for her and they should be postal Monday.

Proud Mom of Iraq War Vet, Please Support Our Troops!
I support Operation Write Home and the Danville, PA Ronald McDonald House
Old 03-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #275
Die Cut Diva

Thumbs up Finally got them!

Quote:
No, sorry I should have been more specific. I was wondering if Jane received my February cards.

Thanks,
Cheryl
Cheryl,

I did get them, but not until a few days ago! I can't believe it took so long! The good news is that they are finally here. It may be that they were here a little earlier, but we live in a really small town, and if we don't get there when the post office is open, we can't get packages. No home delivery if you live in town! If it doesn't fit in the box, they hold it behind the counter, and they are only open a couple of hours in the morning and again in the afternoon. It's crazy! They need to have one of those mail stands with the big boxes that they put packages in and then leave a key in your mailbox, but they don't even leave the door to the po boxes open in the evening. You can get your mail during the day even if they are closed, but not at night.

OK, I'm done with my rant!

I LOVE your cards! I had them out on my DR table getting ready to take a picture and a friend stopped by and she ooh'd and aah'd over them. I absolutely LOVE the bowls of fruit! I thought I loved the gold one, until I flipped to the colored one! I'm not sure if the picture will do these cards justice.

Thanks so much!
Attached Thumbnails
cards-002.jpg  
Old 03-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #276
Stazon Splitcoast

Jane ~ my cards are coming. Promise. Been crazy the later part of the month & now I have an achy old back. Thanks in advance for understanding. I am still "here"...
Old 03-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #277
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Here are Linda's BEAUTIFUL cards! I LOVE the "something wonderful" cards, but I have to say that the "cake layers" cards are a close second!

Thanks! I'm going Sunday to Madison, and am going to drop off some card kits that I have for the kids to make up! I haven't counted these as cards for my totals, but since they each make up a card, I really should!!!!

YEAH! Tomorrow's FRIDAY! Everyone smile!
You should let me know when you make it to Madison so we can get together for lunch
Old 03-09-2013, 05:00 AM   #278
Pearl-ExPert

its so nice that some of you are close so you can get together every now and then

Tracy--so glad you are feeling better

Those cards are looking soo lovely --everyone is doing such a spectacular job---but being a part of the RMH just brings out the spectacular in all who participate---

Janie---don't forget to PM me with the list of who all were able to send their cards, keeping a running tally on all...

I have 2 packages signed and sealed and they will be postal today---one for Barb and the other for Pam....(i'm going down the list...)

have a few more packages to put together...I love going to the po with a bunch, if i have to stand in line and wait then it will be worth my while getting more out than one at a time....

Feeling the urge to make a few more cards today....and you have to feed the urge whenever it hits...I am off for next 3 days....have to make some cards for work and betwix and between i'll be doing some for the RMH....
Old 03-09-2013, 05:52 AM   #279
Matboard Maniac

Hello all! I am new to swaps but not new to papercrafting. I have just recently gotten back into making cards on a more regular basis and like the idea of making something that can really lift spirits when received, so I will be making batches to send to the hostess of the month. Can't promise I can deliver every month, but will do my best. I recently hooked up with a group in my area the get together monthly for crafting fun which makes it easier for me to get cards completed.

Thanks to all the hostesses for the work they do and I hope that my little contributions will help someone somewhere.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:16 AM   #280
Swapper of the Month August 2012

Jane & Pam thank you both so much for sending cards for the Hershey house. YOu ladies rock!
Closed Thread