Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree30Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 05:57 AM   #41
Pearl-ExPert

i can use some sleeves Janie....they come in 100 count right? could you send me 5 packages...that could go in a small envelope so it wouldn't cost that much...i seem to be good on envies right now....let me know cost and i'll use paypal.

Linda
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-02-2012, 05:59 AM   #42
Pearl-ExPert

to all ---please put out the word about this swap---still looking for hostess of the month and then volunteers as well...
Old 12-02-2012, 06:08 AM   #43
Pearl-ExPert

yesterday i was playing in the craft room...decided to take come dp and do a crazy quilt cut with the paper...(cutting all the pieces different shapes) so now i have 9 card fronts that i can use--turned out really cute...but i used masculine paper for either thank you, thinking of you or birthday--now i have to decide what i want to use it for....

love when i can get in there and just "putter around" know what i mean
Old 12-02-2012, 11:08 AM   #44
Pearl-ExPert

Default Post a picture!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanryan6 View Post
yesterday i was playing in the craft room...decided to take come dp and do a crazy quilt cut with the paper...(cutting all the pieces different shapes) so now i have 9 card fronts that i can use--turned out really cute...but i used masculine paper for either thank you, thinking of you or birthday--now i have to decide what i want to use it for....

love when i can get in there and just "putter around" know what i mean
PLEASE???

I'd love to see this!
Old 12-02-2012, 11:17 AM   #45
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Linda--have you sent a PM to all of the ladies on Jane's list, who are house sponsors? If not you might want to copy all of their names and send one out to them and ask if they to join us. Even if they have never hosted a swap here on SCS, they might want to help us out with this project.

Just a thought.................

Quote:
to all ---please put out the word about this swap---still looking for hostess of the month and then volunteers as well...
Old 12-02-2012, 11:32 AM   #46
Pearl-ExPert

Default Yes, they come in packs of 100

Quote:
i can use some sleeves Janie....they come in 100 count right? could you send me 5 packages...that could go in a small envelope so it wouldn't cost that much...i seem to be good on envies right now....let me know cost and i'll use paypal.

Linda
Basically I'm doing them at 100/$2.00

That is approximate because it depends on what the best deal that I can get on them, but pretty close!
Old 12-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #47
Pearl-ExPert

Default Great idea, Barb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaralynn View Post
Linda--have you sent a PM to all of the ladies on Jane's list, who are house sponsors? If not you might want to copy all of their names and send one out to them and ask if they to join us. Even if they have never hosted a swap here on SCS, they might want to help us out with this project.

Just a thought.................
That is what I do! I was going to do that, but I haven't had a chance! I also go through the thread and ask anyone who has ever helped out with a swap or sent cards, and pm them as well!

I'll also send you a pm with some names from previous swaps!
Old 12-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #48
Stazon Splitcoast

GOod Evening!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:40 AM   #49
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Congratulations, Barb!

Check this out, ladies...

December Swapper of the Month - barbaralynn
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Old 12-03-2012, 06:59 AM   #50
Pearl-ExPert

Default Barb couldn't be a better person for this award!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Congratulations, Barb!

Not only is Barb an avid swapper, she is a WONDERFULLY THOUGHTFUL person! You are the best Barb!!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:43 AM   #51
SCS RAK Coordinator

Thanks Jeanette and Jane--I love to host swaps and because of the freindships of all of the swappers, it makes it much more fun to be retired!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:54 AM   #52
Matboard Maniac

I would like to participate in this wonderful "swap." Sign me up to donate 12 cards each month. What a wonderful and giving idea you've come up with and I am happy to participate.

Cheryl
Old 12-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #53
Insane Embellisher

Hi,

I'd like to send cards each month. Also, if no one has it, I'd like to look into adopting the Danville, PA Ronald McDonald House. It's near the Janet Weis Children's Hospital of the Geisinger System, and I know they care for a lot of children from all over. If I could take September for them, that will give me time to get in touch with them and see what they need.

Would that work? If someone already has them pm SCS, I'll look into the House in Scranton, PA.

Thanks,

Proud Mom of Iraq War Vet, Please Support Our Troops!
I support Operation Write Home and the Danville, PA Ronald McDonald House
Old 12-04-2012, 05:51 AM   #54
SCS RAK Coordinator

Tracy--that sounds great. Jane--Janiekay stops in this thread periodically--but if you do not see a post from her in the next few days, shoot her a PM on the house you are interested in. There is also a link in her siggy of the main RMH thread--and you can post there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktfabian2 View Post
Hi,

I'd like to send cards each month. Also, if no one has it, I'd like to look into adopting the Danville, PA Ronald McDonald House. It's near the Janet Weis Children's Hospital of the Geisinger System, and I know they care for a lot of children from all over. If I could take September for them, that will give me time to get in touch with them and see what they need.

Would that work? If someone already has them pm SCS, I'll look into the House in Scranton, PA.

Thanks,
Old 12-04-2012, 08:48 AM   #55
Pearl-ExPert

Default Thanks for helping, Cheryl!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzinkspot View Post
I would like to participate in this wonderful "swap." Sign me up to donate 12 cards each month. What a wonderful and giving idea you've come up with and I am happy to participate.

Cheryl
I really appreciate you coming through again for Ronald McDonald Houses!!! With additional people participating in this swap, it means each adopter has more cards for their house! Althrough 144 cards sounds like a LOT, most houses go through many more than this! An average house has about 30 rooms, which is a guess on my part because some of the houses we work with have 28, 38 and 48, but one has only 10. If the house staff only send one card to the family each month and each person staying at the house used one card each month, that is 60 cards. That is 720 cards!!!!

BUT, that doesn't mean that we have to send that many cards if you adopt a house. We only do what we can! Some people can do more, some not as much, but that is why a swap like this is important!!!

Thanks again, Cheryl!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #56
Matboard Maniac

When I can, I will send more than 12 cards. Some weekends I've been known to make as many as 40 cards just for the fun of it so now I will have a good place to send them.

Thanks,
Cheryl
Old 12-04-2012, 09:43 AM   #57
Pearl-ExPert

Heart That's wonderful, Tracy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktfabian2 View Post
Hi,

Thanks,
Tracy,

I'm so happy to hear that you want to help with the Danville RMD House!!! I don't have an adopter for that house yet! I'm also happy to hear that you are going to join this swap to help get things started! Here is the info about the house, so you have it to call them.

Ronald McDonald House in Danville
100 North Academy Ave. & Care Lane
P.O. Box 300
Danville, PA 17821
Phone: 570 271-63
Fax: 570 271-8182

You've always been a BIG supporter of this project by not only joining my swaps, but also with sending extra cards!!!! I'll put you down as an adopter of the Danville house on the main RMDH thread!

Also, I've been buying envelopes and card sleeves in bulk to help get them at the best cost. I have been letting everyone buy them from me at my cost (actually a little less) at $2/100 for both. Let me know if you are interested by sending me a pm with your paypal name, and I can send you an invoice and get them out to you. I have envelopes in stock, but have to order card sleeves.

Thanks again for both joining the swap and adopting the house!

Hugs,
Jane

Last edited by janiekay; 12-04-2012 at 09:48 AM..
Old 12-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #58
Pearl-ExPert

Default I'm sure that would be appreciated!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzinkspot View Post
When I can, I will send more than 12 cards. Some weekends I've been known to make as many as 40 cards just for the fun of it so now I will have a good place to send them.

Thanks,
Cheryl
That is wonderful, Cheryl!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #59
Mad Swapper

Default Wow!

My goodness!!! Great Job Barb! Congratulations!
Quote:
Congratulations, Barb!

Old 12-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #60
Crimping Master

Thank you Linda (aka seanryan6) for inviting me to join this group. After lots of thoughts and consideration, I've decided to take up the challenge and be a hostess!!

Originally I was soooooo afraid that I won't be able to make 12 cards/month to donate to each of the house. There are some days/months I can crank out cards like no tomorrow but there are times I would just lose my motivation and mojos and be in the slump. I hope by signing up and taking the plunge will help me focus on the end result and stay focus!

I will take April 2013 to be hostess. The house I volunteer monthly is located in Palo Alto, CA. My address is 2237 Serra Ave. Santa Clara CA 95050. Cards I need are Birthday (all ages)/Thank You/Thinking of You.

I look forward working with all of the wonderful ladies in this thread and can't wait to send my first batch of cards to Martha K in January 2013!

Thanks - Pam Wu
Old 12-06-2012, 03:00 AM   #61
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Sherry_Lynn Send a message via Skype™ to Sherry_Lynn

Woohoo Congratulations Barb!

Quote:
Congratulations, Barb!

Old 12-06-2012, 03:56 AM   #62
Pearl-ExPert

WOW there is so much going on ---I think i should work for stretches at a time and when i come back here the activity seems non stop!!!

Now for shout outs----------------

BARBARLYNN Woman congratulations being December "STAR" You deserve it!

MZINKSPOT- thanks again for participating in these swaps, your cards are always so appreciated. Can't wait to see what you will be creating throughout the year, i'll be adding your name to the first page.

Tracy and Pam--your houses that you have choosen are very fortunate to have your support, I'm so happy to add you to our family.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:34 AM   #63
SCS RAK Coordinator

Thanks Linda and Sherry!
Old 12-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #64
Pearl-ExPert

Default WAHOO!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsp245 View Post
Thank you Linda (aka seanryan6) for inviting me to join this group. After lots of thoughts and consideration, I've decided to take up the challenge and be a hostess!!

Originally I was soooooo afraid that I won't be able to make 12 cards/month to donate to each of the house. There are some days/months I can crank out cards like no tomorrow but there are times I would just lose my motivation and mojos and be in the slump. I hope by signing up and taking the plunge will help me focus on the end result and stay focus!

I will take April 2013 to be hostess. The house I volunteer monthly is located in Palo Alto, CA. My address is 2237 Serra Ave. Santa Clara CA 95050. Cards I need are Birthday (all ages)/Thank You/Thinking of You.

I look forward working with all of the wonderful ladies in this thread and can't wait to send my first batch of cards to Martha K in January 2013!

Thanks - Pam Wu
YEAH!!! Thanks Pam!!! I'm so excited that another house is adopted! I would love it if you also subscribed to the main Ronald McDonald House thread! There is a link in my siggy! We just all post there with the number of cards that everyone brings into their house, and any swaps that are being held for a particular house. For example, if you want to hold a swap for just your house, you can ask all the girls on the thread to join and advertise it on the thread!

Welcome Aboard!!! AND thanks to Linda for asking (and convincing you) to join!!!! We're thrilled to have you as part of our group! If you are in need of Envelopes or Plastic Card Sleeves, I order them in bulk and offer them to everyone at my cost, which is $2/100 sleeves or envies! Just let me know if you want some!

YEAH! I'm so excited!

Jane
Old 12-07-2012, 03:37 AM   #65
Pearl-ExPert

Right now i have cleaned out---okay top cleaning only but cleaning is cleaning---my craft room, working on BARB's Thank you swap...and of course will be using the majority of those for my houses...I keep a 3 or 4 and then bundle the rest up...and when imake my cards i also make extra...

So the first set was the masculine crazy quilt type with ribbon (ribbon is my nemesis--my fav form of embelishments are brads)

AND a month ago i want into the craft room to just play...came out with a really cute one that says thank you--more fememine---with flower...and decided to make an assortment of those...the flower i used was a prima flower but i think i'll be doing a punch art one...running out of the other flowers i had...

okay chatting time over, need to get this day started have a wonderful friday ladies
Old 12-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #66
Crimping Master

Thank you for the welcome - Jane! I am excited too and can't wait for it to start! Hope I don't disappoint you ladies

Yes, I would love to get some envelopes. I can paypal you the payment or write you a check, which ever is easier and convenience for you. I would like $4 / 200 envelopes.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #67
Pearl-ExPert

Default That sounds good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsp245 View Post
Thank you for the welcome - Jane! I am excited too and can't wait for it to start! Hope I don't disappoint you ladies

Yes, I would love to get some envelopes. I can paypal you the payment or write you a check, which ever is easier and convenience for you. I would like $4 / 200 envelopes.
I haven't had a chance to get anything packaged up yet, I have a sick puppy I've been trying to get over some pnemonia!

Can you pm me with your paypal name and I'll send you an invoice!

I'll try to get everything packaged up this weekend!

Jane
Old 12-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #68
Crimping Master

Happy Monday - anyone want to join us?!
Old 12-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #69
SCS RAK Coordinator

FYI--I just posted this in a few swaps tonight--hope to get some responses!

I has been kind of quiet in the threads the past week or so as everyone gets ready for Christmas. I want to post a link to a thread about a Ronald McDonald House swap that was just started. Here is the link: New and Open--Ronald McDonald House Of the Month Swap 2013. The way this swap works is that each month, someone who has a RMH in their area that they have adopted, is a hostess and will receive 12 cards of various themes from each swapper. The swapper is donating all cards and will not get any in return. The hostess is then going to take all of the donated cards to their local RMH for the families and staff to use. We would love to have you join us--pick a month or two or even try to commit for the entire year. The cards do not all have to be the same, so if you want to use some of your "stash", that works great too. Each month the hostess has some suggested themes of cards she would like to take to her house.

Please feel free to check out the thread and if you have any cards you might want to donate, please send them to that hostess in a month you choose. Thanks for helping us out! You can PM me if you have any questions or you could ask Linda, as she started the thread.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:39 AM   #70
Mad Swapper

JCI- been a busy week-end, Christmas shopping is done, gifts are wrapped and under the tree, now back to my cardmaking!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:18 AM   #71
SCS RAK Coordinator

I also changed the link in my signature to reflect this thread. Others who are hosting might want to add this to your siggy too as we might get people to join us along the way or even just send us cards once or twice. Just an idea!
Old 12-12-2012, 04:54 AM   #72
Pearl-ExPert

Default Checking in!

I'm leaving for Florida on Friday, and I'm running behind on everything!!! Please say a prayer I get everything done before I leave! YIKES! I can't believe how quickly this year has flown by!

I know that I need to get some envies out to some of you, and also some card sleeves. That is also on my list of "to do's"!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 05:07 AM   #73
Swapper of the Month March 2012

I'm not sure that I can commit to do these throughout the year, but I am in the process of sorting through my overflowing stock now and will be sending some to each of the ones listed thus far. Just wanted to give you heads up that I can't commit ongoing for the year. Thanks!

I'm Stampin' Good Deeds, Are You?
Old 12-13-2012, 05:31 AM   #74
Pearl-ExPert

Heart just do what you can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds View Post
I'm not sure that I can commit to do these throughout the year, but I am in the process of sorting through my overflowing stock now and will be sending some to each of the ones listed thus far. Just wanted to give you heads up that I can't commit ongoing for the year. Thanks!
Susan, you can send all the cards at once, just send some to each of the addresses listed, if that is easier! The cards don't have to be the same, and it is actually better if they are different!

As always, thanks for your help!

Hugs,
Jane
Old 12-13-2012, 05:58 AM   #75
Pearl-ExPert

Thumbs up I sent messages about the swap to house adopters!

I sent an invite to everyone who has said that they would like to adopt a house on my main RMDH thread!

Hope we get more people to join!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 06:19 AM   #76
Pearl-ExPert

Susan--Janie is right, just by sending what you have is awesome. The generous people who want to help out and just send is doing all of us a favor with their cards. ANY and all help is greatly appreciated. AND doing it through the year is cumbersome...I like to send mine in batches...so i only invade the post office every few months...i think they would lock the doors if they saw me coming more often...
Old 12-13-2012, 04:03 PM   #77
Compulsive Stamper

I would love to be a part of this yearly swap, I could even be a hostess. If there is a month available, please sign me up. I will also participate each month in sending cards. Just let me know, thanks!
Old 12-13-2012, 05:24 PM   #78
Pearl-ExPert

Nancy that would be awesome, how about i put you down for August...and then you send me you addy and which house you are hostess-ing for, then let us know the cards your house needs...

AND i just might have another person take the final slot for this year....I'll let you know, or she will pop in and introduce herself...

IF there is a need for another 11 houses, I will add them, but i think that we have to see several people wanting to participate before I put up another round....make sense?

otherwise those people can help in sending to all already---i think we just ahve to see if there is a need....11 people is alot...I'm thinking that after the holidays it might pick up...never know...

i'm signing off for tonight....will pop in again in the am
Old 12-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #79
Crimping Master

Welcome Nancy - Glad to have you in this group!

Happy Friday everyone!! Just wanted to share a quick news that Stampin' Up is having an awesome clearance sales. I bought some stuff to use for 2013 Ronald McDonald Swap

so go check it out!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #80
Pearl-ExPert

Default YEAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancysboy1 View Post
I would love to be a part of this yearly swap, I could even be a hostess. If there is a month available, please sign me up. I will also participate each month in sending cards. Just let me know, thanks!
Glad to have you as part of this swap, Nancy!

Hugs!
Jnae
Closed Thread