Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 03:20 PM   #81
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosive69 View Post
...i just did a big purge of my stuff...i realized i had so many magnolias that i will never use!! So i sold them...i have a small stamping area so there isn't much room for a lot of stuff! I am learning to use what i have...the only things i bought this year were some copics and some Hanglar & Stanglar stamps off Ebay...i did really well this year
Send me some of your self discipline please......I did better than usual but still fell for more than I can use. LOL! oh well, it is a good problem to have I guess.

Card Sketch Challenge 1-209 done only 283+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-30 and sweating

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:21 PM   #82
Gabfest Goddess

Send a message via MSN to corrosive69 Send a message via Yahoo to corrosive69

ha ha I used to be terrible but i realized that all the money i am spending on stuff i am never gonna use can pay for other things...like the cruise i am going on and my trip to England
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-mouse View Post
Send me some of your self discipline please......I did better than usual but still fell for more than I can use. LOL! oh well, it is a good problem to have I guess.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:01 PM   #83
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
...i just did a big purge of my stuff...i realized i had so many magnolias that i will never use!! So i sold them...i have a small stamping area so there isn't much room for a lot of stuff! I am learning to use what i have...the only things i bought this year were some copics and some Hanglar & Stanglar stamps off Ebay...i did really well this year
Seriously?!?!?! WOW! I have really been trying to use the stuff I have too, and have done some purging, but haven't sold anything yet. I am impressed.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:02 AM   #84
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyr View Post
Thanks for considering.....it makes me happy to know that at least you would if you could. I could always lend you one of mine then you could send it back to me when your done ....just a thought!!!
If you would like to do that, I will most certainly join...OR, if you want to send the images, that will be fine, too! It would be fun to create a card with images I've never used. I usually have to put together a card - or at least visualize it and put it to paper, so that I can create a kit. I don't like to just throw things in a baggie with no thought to how they might come together as a card. I have received a few kits that kind of looked like that's what happened - not from this group, of course!
I'm a Senior Angel. Click here to find out about this wonderful program. RIP, Leota!
Old 12-16-2010, 08:08 AM   #85
Glitter Guru

Quote:
I'm starting to do this, too! I sold several of my Halloween/Fall sets on eBay. They don't go for much, but I put the price at what I wanted, and they went. I didn't ask for much, and most of them I didn't even get the original cost back, but at least someone else is getting to enjoy them, and I got a little more space on the stamp shelf. I hope to do more after the new year begins. My daughter is getting into scrapbooking, and her step-daughter is suddenly hooked on card making, so I've found a home for a lot more of my overstock. Slowly, but surely, I'll get to a "manageable" level.
I'm a Senior Angel. Click here to find out about this wonderful program. RIP, Leota!
Old 12-16-2010, 08:11 AM   #86
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
ha ha I used to be terrible but i realized that all the money i am spending on stuff i am never gonna use can pay for other things...like the cruise i am going on and my trip to England
Those sound like great things to spend money on instead of stamping stuff. Maybe if everytime I got the urge to spend on stamping stuff I bought myself a Lowe's gift card instead, eventually I would have enough for my new windows.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:37 AM   #87
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
This is something I need to put in practice. I have uncut GinaK and lots of unused Our Craft Lounge and many other companies. I don't want to sell, I just need to quit buying and use what I have. That might be a good New Year Resolution!!!! I am not saying I'm making that resolution, just thinking about it.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Corrosive Challenge Blog DT
The Outlawz Alccohol Marker Challenge DT
Fan Club Member
Old 12-16-2010, 10:44 AM   #88
Mad Swapper

Default ROTFL

linda - you made me laugh on this cold snowy day!!!
Old 12-16-2010, 11:23 AM   #89
Gabfest Goddess

LOL thinking about it is a good start! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Palmer View Post
This is something I need to put in practice. I have uncut GinaK and lots of unused Our Craft Lounge and many other companies. I don't want to sell, I just need to quit buying and use what I have. That might be a good New Year Resolution!!!! I am not saying I'm making that resolution, just thinking about it.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:33 AM   #90
Mad Swapper

Lol...I'm with you....I have a lot of stuff I haven't used but not sureif I want to get rid of. That's why I love these card kits. I can use some in my kits but get to keep most of it!

Quote:
Old 12-18-2010, 02:16 PM   #91
Hardware Hotshot

What I need to do is get organized so I can see what I have so then I can use it...instead of buying more!!
Old 12-18-2010, 06:15 PM   #92
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

My area is a huge mess, I need to clean, purge and organize. I have sold lots here and on ebay. I also love to share and pass along things I do not use. What I have been trying to do is to stick with my style only buy what I will really use. I have told my husband and sons that after Christmas and my little one's birthday we are going to try to limit our spending to necessities. If I can do this even for a short time we will be better off and so will my bank balance. I have a shopping day planned to a stamp store that I really like so I will put some Christmas money aside for that.

I am off to bed, have a great night all.

Pia
Old 12-19-2010, 05:07 AM   #93
Gabfest Goddess

...checking in...very slooooooooooooow day at work...
Old 12-19-2010, 06:30 PM   #94
Glitter Guru

Ok, today I built a village ( M&M tins, elves and trains and more); decorated my 3 foot MOUSE tree where every ornament is a mouse and if they weren't made by me, they were gifts from folks who knew about my tree- purged my files of SCS ideas, organized some stamped images received from WRAK and made sure I had all my swap papers in order---also managed to take some photos today outdoors when it was a foggy, icy wonderland and still am awake--which is hard to believe.

-30 and sweating

Old 12-20-2010, 04:58 AM   #95
Stazon Splitcoast

Pansy can you come here and teach a photography class PLEEEEEEEASE? I took one a couple of years ago at the local Community college and don't feel like I learned much. You take such beautiful pictures.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:03 AM   #96
Stazon Splitcoast

Told my boyfriend last night that when I come home from my sisters after Christmas I am spending the rest of my time off in my craft room. I am going to get it cleaned and organized if it kills me and the rest of the house is just going to have to wait. I made 8 gift card holders yesterday sitting at my coffee table because it was easier to carry the stuff downstairs to work on them than it was to find the desk top in my craft room.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:55 AM   #97
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntangie View Post
Pansy can you come here and teach a photography class PLEEEEEEEASE? I took one a couple of years ago at the local Community college and don't feel like I learned much. You take such beautiful pictures.
That would be fun! I enjoy teaching photography.......but how close are you to WEbster City.....I can hook you up with a friend of mine who is awesome with his camera .

-30 and sweating

Old 12-20-2010, 06:57 AM   #98
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning ladies.

I am going to start making candy today. My four kids all have a different favorite and since they will all be home for Christmas this year, the first time in 21 years, I am making all of their favs. I have to make fudge with walnuts, plain fudge, peanut butter fudge, date nut roll and pecan pralines. Last year I made a white fudge with Heath chips in it and it was really good so might try it too. The pralines can be frozen so will start with a couple of batches of them and get them in the freezer.

I really need to clean my craft room before the WRAK cards for troops. Maybe I'll try to do that tomorrow.

Have a good day ladies.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-20-2010, 10:14 AM   #99
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via AIM to tnicholas

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntangie View Post
Told my boyfriend last night that when I come home from my sisters after Christmas I am spending the rest of my time off in my craft room. I am going to get it cleaned and organized if it kills me and the rest of the house is just going to have to wait. I made 8 gift card holders yesterday sitting at my coffee table because it was easier to carry the stuff downstairs to work on them than it was to find the desk top in my craft room.
Angie,
I have the EXACT SAME GOAL for my Christmas vacation. I am off for 11 days and I am not going to clean another room in the house until I reorganize and clean my craft room. I have already given my family the heads up that this will be my Christmas gift to myself this year. Some additional shelving and general sprucing up is needed BADLY!! I want to start 2011 off with lots of scrappin'.
Tina
Old 12-20-2010, 10:18 AM   #100
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Good Morning ladies.

I am going to start making candy today. My four kids all have a different favorite and since they will all be home for Christmas this year, the first time in 21 years, I am making all of their favs. I have to make fudge with walnuts, plain fudge, peanut butter fudge, date nut roll and pecan pralines. Last year I made a white fudge with Heath chips in it and it was really good so might try it too. The pralines can be frozen so will start with a couple of batches of them and get them in the freezer.

I really need to clean my craft room before the WRAK cards for troops. Maybe I'll try to do that tomorrow.

Have a good day ladies.
Linda,
These all sound like delicious goodies. Congrats on having all of your children home at once. What a celebration that will be.
Tina
Old 12-20-2010, 10:41 AM   #101
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnicholas View Post
Angie,
I have the EXACT SAME GOAL for my Christmas vacation. I am off for 11 days and I am not going to clean another room in the house until I reorganize and clean my craft room. I have already given my family the heads up that this will be my Christmas gift to myself this year. Some additional shelving and general sprucing up is needed BADLY!! I want to start 2011 off with lots of scrappin'.
Tina
I wish I HAD a craft room to clean and organize! My stuff's in at least three different rooms and every time I want to get crafty I'm hunting for stuff. Maybe someday I'll be lucky enough to have a room to clean!
Old 12-20-2010, 11:21 AM   #102
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzbysmom View Post
I wish I HAD a craft room to clean and organize! My stuff's in at least three different rooms and every time I want to get crafty I'm hunting for stuff. Maybe someday I'll be lucky enough to have a room to clean!
Well, that has to take some of the fun out of crafting. I'm lucky that I have a room and a half for my craft stuff (sewing mahines are in their own little room off my craft room), but I'm single and can use the bedrooms how ever I want. I have a really bad habit of not putting stuff away as soon as I am done with it and there are some things that I have just never made homes for. So I need to take care of stuff so I can enjoy my space.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:44 AM   #103
Watercolor Wizard

When we had a home I had a large space in our basement. We had to downsize (because of the economy and job loss, yada, yada, yada) to a mobile home about a year and a half ago. We have three bedrooms but my husband and I prefer to have separate sleeping areas (love him to death but we both sleep better separately and we are WAY beyond the honeymoon stage) and he staked a claim on the third bedroom for a "den". We've had words about that! My things are in my bedroom, a closet in my laundry room, and in kitchen cupboards! I did gather up my stuff and make up both of my January kits (have a spot in both rounds) so they will be ready to go. Now I need to work on more sample cards for the Wish RAK New Year's Challenges (four done - eight to go).

It's snowing in my little corner of the world. We've had enough - it can quit!
Old 12-20-2010, 12:21 PM   #104
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everyone. I had a productive day. I organized and wrapped the gifts for my boys. I have some more wrapping to do, but it is for everyone else, so I can do it when they are home, they can even help. I want to make the gift tags this year and use some stuff I have. Dinner is leftovers, I haven't cleaned a thing, so I need to get to that. We are having a little snow here, really the first of the season. I hope it is just a dusting.

Pia
Old 12-20-2010, 12:55 PM   #105
Stazon Splitcoast

We have a winter weather warning in effect until tomorrow morning. We have a couple of inches already and it is still coming down. I had planned to leave Thursday for Cincy but the forecast looks horrid. I may take an extra vacation day and leave Wednesday instead.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:37 PM   #106
Glitter Guru

Don't mess with mother nature......take the day and go.

-30 and sweating

Old 12-20-2010, 01:43 PM   #107
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree with Pansy-don't be shocked

Pia
Old 12-20-2010, 03:02 PM   #108
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Good Morning ladies.

Have a good day ladies.
Linda, your candy sounds yummy! I love pralines, but never got the knack for making them. My specialty was always divinity, but since we moved to Red River County, I've quit making it. Too much humidity here for it to turn out right. I don't know if I'll be making anything this year. We're traveling. I might make some Sand Tarts at my sister's.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:34 AM   #109
Stazon Splitcoast

What are sand tarts? Sounds interesting.

I have made 3 batches of candy and have 4 more to go, maybe more. I give a lot of gifts of candy to friends etc.

Hope you all have a great day.

Lindas Stamping Blog
Fan Club Member
Old 12-21-2010, 08:50 AM   #110
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-mouse View Post
Don't mess with mother nature......take the day and go.
I'm going to! I called my sis last night to see if they would mind me being there an extra day. She said the kids are already out of school and would love the extra time with me so I am leaving tomorrow! I am so excited. Have to hunt up cookie cutters. I'm making cookies for Santa with my niece and nephew!
Old 12-21-2010, 09:07 AM   #111
Glitter Guru

have fun!

-30 and sweating

Old 12-21-2010, 10:03 AM   #112
Mad Swapper

Be Safe....
Old 12-22-2010, 08:00 AM   #113
Glitter Guru

Quote:
What are sand tarts? Sounds interesting.
They are a cookie - kind of like Pecan Sandies that you buy at the store. They are made with flour, butter, powdered sugar and pecans. They are the consistency of eating sand when you bite into them. They are rolled in powdered sugar and are yummy. My family asks for them every year, so I know I'll be making the when I get to my sister's.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:09 AM   #114
Mad Swapper

Do you roll the cookie dough in colored sugars? they sound like what i thought were called christmas cookies! and they are my families FAVORITE!

just me,
laura
Old 12-22-2010, 09:39 AM   #115
Insane Embellisher

Today is my last day at work until JANUARY 3, 2011!!!!!!!!!! I can't tell you ladies how excited I am to have these days off . The countdown has started. I get off in 4 hours 20 minutes and 15 seconds.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:46 AM   #116
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Today is my last day of work too! I do not come back until January 4th.

Pia
Old 12-22-2010, 12:57 PM   #117
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme1972 View Post
Do you roll the cookie dough in colored sugars? they sound like what i thought were called christmas cookies! and they are my families FAVORITE!

just me,
laura
No, I roll them in small balls and cook them, then roll them in powdered sugar when they're hot out of the oven. I actually have a big bowl of powdered sugar waiting for them, and then drop them in after they've cooled slightly, but are still very warm.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:58 PM   #118
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnicholas View Post
Today is my last day at work until JANUARY 3, 2011!!!!!!!!!! I can't tell you ladies how excited I am to have these days off . The countdown has started. I get off in 4 hours 20 minutes and 15 seconds.
Congratulations! I've been off since Monday, and have loved every minute of it!
Old 12-22-2010, 02:34 PM   #119
Hardware Hotshot

Today was my last day to work until Tuesday!!! HOORAY!!!
Old 12-22-2010, 03:25 PM   #120
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I am done until next year. Now I have to get ready for Christmas and then work on crafts. My little one's birthday is in there too.

Pia
Closed Thread