Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1860Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 05:10 AM   #5401
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Looks like Kelly likes the new icon site!

LJ--we stopped at Menards in Johnson Creek on the way home yesterday to get a half of a whiskey barrel to on the deck and add green stems and red twigs from the gardens. I will add the lights later this week.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:54 AM   #5402
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Darlings!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Old 11-26-2012, 07:59 AM   #5403
Stazon Splitcoast

GOOD MORNING, DARLINGS!

I'm finally getting around to checking emails and the threads. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with both my boys and some friends too. My DS who lives in the Palm Springs, CA area came in the wee hours of Wed. a.m. and left on Saturday. We had 10 for Thanksgiving dinner and for the first time in years I did not do any Black Friday shopping. I was pooped! Guess my age is catching up with me. First time out of the house was Sunday for church and to run a few errands. I still have not bought one Christmas gift! I think it's going to be a lean Christmas this year as far as gift giving goes.

Time for DH and my a.m. walk. BLL....
Old 11-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #5404
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
YAY for LJ's new tree, Darlene's dh's bday, and good things all around! We have our tree up. And that's it. Just up. LOL!!! It's bare but sure smells heavenly! I didn't win the battle to put up our old rachet-y 'faux' tree - they insisted on a real one. Again. All I'm missing is some SNOW!!!!!!!!!
i bought a faux tree, but the "Spruce-Sticks" I got at walmart are making my whole first floor smell like the real deal
Old 11-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #5405
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaralynn View Post
Looks like Kelly likes the new icon site!

LJ--we stopped at Menards in Johnson Creek on the way home yesterday to get a half of a whiskey barrel to on the deck and add green stems and red twigs from the gardens. I will add the lights later this week.
I love Menards. I'm quickly getting the whole store down..... slowly becoming domesticated......Ha!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:21 PM   #5406
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM123 View Post
GOOD MORNING, DARLINGS!

I'm finally getting around to checking emails and the threads. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with both my boys and some friends too. My DS who lives in the Palm Springs, CA area came in the wee hours of Wed. a.m. and left on Saturday. We had 10 for Thanksgiving dinner and for the first time in years I did not do any Black Friday shopping. I was pooped! Guess my age is catching up with me. First time out of the house was Sunday for church and to run a few errands. I still have not bought one Christmas gift! I think it's going to be a lean Christmas this year as far as gift giving goes.

Time for DH and my a.m. walk. BLL....
I didn't black-friday shop either.....I used to go to the mall and not even shop. Just sit and drink hot chocolate and watch everyone else go crazy back in the day when I used to have my shopping done BEFORE Thanksgiving. I'mstill waiting for lists from the family. Better come soon or they are getting um well....
Old 11-27-2012, 02:29 AM   #5407
Gabfest Goddess

Hello Darling Friends!

What a good, but full (no pun intended) weekend it was! The anniversary celebration at church was really nice, but took up most of Sunday (left at 7:30 am, got home shortly after 2:00 pm)

DH's birthday on the day before T-Day was nice, he worked until 6 PM, so it made a bit of a late night dinner with DS & his girlfriend.

Then the next day was Thanksgiving and it was the best we've had in recent years. DD & her boyfriend joined us - sans drama (yay!) and DS & girlfriend came back over. Just a really nice afternoon and evening together.

I am crazy busy at work until 12/6 when our year end board meeting takes place. I may have to have a conversation with our board chair about reality (yikes). The board has 6 active projects right now, you-know-who is working on all 6 of them. Helping them prepare for the meeting plus all that usually goes into a board meeting is overwhelming me. The chair's project team met yesterday and added 3 or 4 additional tasks to my list...But general wisdom holds that it's a bad career move to tell your board that you can't get it done on their time table.

Sorry for being a broken record. You always hear this from me it seems. Thanks for listening to me and giving me support!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 11-27-2012, 04:17 AM   #5408

Good Morning Darlings!

Darlene, it's ALWAYS good to hear from you... and vent whenever you want. I am so glad you did have a good Thanksgiving... with DD and DS and their significant others. And your DH's birthday dinner sounds great, too!

LJ, I thought of my DD when you said you like Menards. My DD lives near a Lowe's and she LOVES going there. It always cracks me up... but she does! She says someone always comes and offers her assistance. I guess she looks bewildered or something. LOL!

Old 11-27-2012, 05:41 AM   #5409
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraJean View Post
i bought a faux tree, but the "Spruce-Sticks" I got at walmart are making my whole first floor smell like the real deal
And there you go!! Perfect!!!

Hugs to you, busy Darlene!!

Hi, all!
x0x0
Old 11-27-2012, 05:51 AM   #5410
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Tuesday!
Old 11-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #5411
Stazon Splitcoast

GOOD MORNING, DARLINGS!

DH and I are just back from our a.m. walk. We're up to 2 miles now. DH has completed his physical therapy following his knee surgery this summer and he's doing great!

LJ, we put up 2 faux trees. I would dearly love to have a real tree...love the fragrance...but it's way too dry here in the desert and I feel it would be a real fire hazard by the time Christmas came. Thanks for the heads up on the "Spruce Sticks" at Walmart. I'll check that out. My SIL who teaches horticulture at the high school my boys attended always has a poinsettia and wreath sale at this time of the year and she always sends us the most gorgeous wreath. I love the fragrance but I do hang it on my door so really don't enjoy the smell until I open the door.

Darlene, so glad to hear from you and glad to hear you had such a nice Thanksgiving! Hope you get a break on all the work projects.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:22 PM   #5412
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello!

Going to try to get a few more boxes unpacked tonight (or at least into the basement & out of the way). But wanted to say hello!
Old 11-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #5413
Gabfest Goddess

Hello Girls!

Barb, I opened my mail today to find your awesome kit. Thank you. It is great and you are very generous to us.

LJ, I am glad that things are going well in your new place. We do not have a Menards. It is either The Po (Home Depot) or Lowes. Thankfully, they are across the street from one another. How funny is that?!

I made a little Christmas tree for the porch last night. My fingers are sore today from twisting all of the wire. I am going to put it in an existing urn, so went to Michael's to get some styrofoam. Well, I guess we need to go into the styrofoam business. They wanted $13 for a block of foam. Really? Used a half off coupon, but that is crazy!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 02:51 AM   #5414
Gabfest Goddess

Morning Darlings!
How is everyone today? It is C-O-L-D outside, guess that winter is well on its way. We're going to spend a small fortune heating the house now that I'm working from home. Yikes!

Talked to my board chair late yesterday. He's now eased off on some of the additional items he added to my plate on Monday, so that is a BIG relief!

You gals & your Christmas prep are making me stressed! Ha ha. I haven't started much around here. Maybe this weekend if I have enough time.

Old 11-28-2012, 04:27 AM   #5415

Good Morning Darlings!

Oh, Tami... I want to see a picture of the tree you made! Please!!!

Darlene, I'm glad the board chair eased up a bit!

Hugs for all!!!

Old 11-28-2012, 05:49 AM   #5416
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--hope your Wednesday is starting out great!

I am starting the Christmas decorating today--after buying a new tree yesterday......... It is kind of a long story and quite an afternoon of visiting 5 stores looking for a new tree while transporting our current 10 foot tree (three sections with lights burned out in all of them) in the back of my SUV. End result--a new tree a bit smaller than the one we have had for 11 years, so I am sure I will need to decide on which ornaments are used this year and put others away for another year. We still might have the lights on the other tree repaired, depending on the cost and try to sell it next summer at a rummage sale. The main tree will get decorated today and maybe a few of the smaller ones too.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:50 AM   #5417
SCS RAK Coordinator

I too would like to see the tree Tami made.

I am glad that Darlene has a bit less stress.

Divas--just checking if everyone has their kit? I have lost track of who has checked in and who has not. Hope they all arrived safely...................
Old 11-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #5418
Stazon Splitcoast

GOOD AFTERNOON, DARLINGS!

It's another warm day here in the AZ desert. DH and I did are a.m. walk and then a quick visit to the grocery store where DH treated himself to a Starbucks Christmas blend coffee. He's quit drinking coffee for the most part but loves the Starbucks Christmas Blend which is only available at this time of the year.

Did anyone watch "Dancing With The Stars" finale last night? I actually voted for Shawn and Derek because I love their routines but was happy to see Melissa and Tony win 'cause neither had one the big one before. It was really a great show.

Tami, I, too, would like to see the tree you made!

Darlene, glad to hear you've gotten a little relief from all the work tasks you were assigned!

Barb, we need to get a new tree this year too but it's just a little to big an expense right now. So many of the lights have gone out on ours. DH is trying to figure out if there is a blown fuse somewhere in the lighting system and if it can be fixed. This is our big 9' tall tree that we put in the living room. We have a smaller 6' tree that we have in the family room.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #5419
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Darlings!

We bought a new tree last weekend. We have shorter ceilings, so even a 7.5 ft tree is pushing it. But it's pre-lit. Fingers crossed on that. I sure hope it lasts a few years. Our old tree is about 10 yrs old and looks a little tired until you get it dressed. LOL, thinking of Kelly & her nekked tree!!!

Bijou ignores the tree. But Lou has her own silk Ficus tree and she loves it. It will be interesting to see how she is with the Christmas tree...I think we'll have our hands full. She is a bundle of independent, I-don't-care-what-you-say, fiesty little gal. LOL, can't imagine who she takes after...!

Old 11-28-2012, 04:24 PM   #5420
Stazon Splitcoast

December kits will be postal tomorrow. Also, I have decided to leave the group, I no longer have a computer, and fail to meet to requirements. Maybe I can join back up at a later date, if there is an opening. It's been fun.

Blog - Ink'n General
Old 11-28-2012, 05:58 PM   #5421
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to momcgw

[QUOTE=luvcardmaking;19854050]Hi Darlings!

We bought a new tree last weekend. We have shorter ceilings, so even a 7.5 ft tree is pushing it. But it's pre-lit. Fingers crossed on that. I sure hope it lasts a few years. Our old tree is about 10 yrs old and looks a little tired until you get it dressed. LOL, thinking of Kelly & her nekked tree!!!

Bijou ignores the tree. But Lou has her own silk Ficus tree and she loves it. It will be interesting to see how she is with the Christmas tree...I think we'll have our hands full. She is a bundle of independent, I-don't-care-what-you-say, fiesty little gal. LOL, can't imagine who she takes after...![ /QUOTE]

This makes me giggle...and I can't for the life of me think of who she takes after...lol....

~~~Some girls are just born with glitter in their veins...~~~

2014 cards made: 102

BRAK member

http://lostinmycraftroom.blogspot.com/
Old 11-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #5422
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueInks View Post
Hello Girls!

Barb, I opened my mail today to find your awesome kit. Thank you. It is great and you are very generous to us.

LJ, I am glad that things are going well in your new place. We do not have a Menards. It is either The Po (Home Depot) or Lowes. Thankfully, they are across the street from one another. How funny is that?!

I made a little Christmas tree for the porch last night. My fingers are sore today from twisting all of the wire. I am going to put it in an existing urn, so went to Michael's to get some styrofoam. Well, I guess we need to go into the styrofoam business. They wanted $13 for a block of foam. Really? Used a half off coupon, but that is crazy!!!
Thank you. I absolutely love my new home Tami!!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #5423
Stazon Splitcoast

I'd never buy a tree that was not pre-lit. I did some price comparisons....It would have been the same price for me and I would be stuck untangling lights every year. Not my cup of tea.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Hi Darlings!

Bijou ignores the tree. But Lou has her own silk Ficus tree and she loves it. It will be interesting to see how she is with the Christmas tree...I think we'll have our hands full. She is a bundle of independent, I-don't-care-what-you-say, fiesty little gal. LOL, can't imagine who she takes after...!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #5424
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM123 View Post
Did anyone watch "Dancing With The Stars" finale last night? I actually voted for Shawn and Derek because I love their routines but was happy to see Melissa and Tony win 'cause neither had one the big one before. It was really a great show.
I watched it when Donald Driver was on and WON...... It's usually on the same time that The Voice is on, which is my favorite show. My favorite 3 made it to the top 6 so I am a happy girl this week........
Old 11-29-2012, 02:00 AM   #5425
Gabfest Goddess

Heart

Morning Darlings!

Michelle, it makes me sad to think of you leaving us!! And it seems a burden for you to send us kits, even if you're leaving the group.

Thankfully, we still get to "see" you regularly in other threads! Dang those computers and vehicles in your life. They need to give you a break.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:26 AM   #5426

Good Morning Darlings!

Awwwwwwww.... Michelle, I feel horrible! Like Darlene, I am sad you will be leaving us and do wish your computer and vehicle problems would just cease! UGH!!! How very thoughtful of you to send us the kits this month, even with your decision to leave us. Thank you! I fear it's going to make me teary to work with the kit, though... I hope a few tear stains on my card will be okay. Love you, my dear friend!

LJ, I loved hearing about your decision to only buy pre-lit trees. LOL! I, on the other hand, have reservations about doing so. (I do have one that is because I got it so CHEAP that I couldn't resist.) See... it's like this. In our house WHEN a set of lights quits working properly - and that seems to happen way too often - well, maybe because we have probably 75 to 100 strings of lights in our house - I don't even try to get them working. I just toss them. I have no patience for such things. I simply replace them! (I try to buy marked down Christmas lights every year after Christmas so I'll be prepared.) That being said, I have this reservation about the prelit trees. Will the lights work for very long? When they don't, then I have a tree that needs replaced instead of a string of lights. Sooooooooo I just string my own lights. LOL!

Old 11-29-2012, 05:00 AM   #5427
Stazon Splitcoast

I have everything for the kits.....even bought a new fun stamp, so I really want to do this. I'm just frustrated and sad that there are so many roadblocks in my life right now.

Blog - Ink'n General
Old 11-29-2012, 05:02 AM   #5428

I'm sad about that, too, Michelle.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:16 AM   #5429
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Hi Darlings!

Haha! And it's still nekked! THis is quite possibly the most bogus Christmas ever! We have just not had time to stop to breath, let alone climb up to the attic to dig around for the lights, etc .... I have the ornmanets allr eady to go but was fiercly reminded that there WILL BE Lights on the tree by my kids, lol ... hopefully this weekend but eeek!

Darlene your Bijou stories are hilarious!! Love it! She's holding her own
I'm sorry you are so swamped right now, hopefully life will slow down for both of us and we can chill come January!

michele You will be missed! I understand totally and we are all in a lot of threads and swaps together so we'll see you often

*Blessings!*
Old 11-29-2012, 05:37 AM   #5430
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Day 2 of the Christmas Transformation is here. Day 1 went well----the main tree is maybe 1/2 done and I have completed 5 smaller trees--Packers, Badgers, Boyd's Bears, Patriotic and a Vintage one. I got a couple of small 3-4 foot trees last year on clearance, so I am going to add a wine tree and a teacher tree. I want to finish the main tree, plus all of the additional trees--last year I had 18 total, so I think I will in the 20's this year. This weekend we wil do the roping on the deck rail and I might put some more lights in a couple more shrubs--I bought some LED ones last year and I sure like the way they look.

Have a Teriffic Thursday!

Last edited by barbaralynn; 11-29-2012 at 05:47 AM..
Old 11-29-2012, 05:38 AM   #5431
SCS RAK Coordinator

Michelle--I will sure miss you, but I know I will see you in other threads. Thanks so much for being my partner for these challenges!
Old 11-29-2012, 07:32 AM   #5432
Stazon Splitcoast

GOOD MORNING, DARLINGS!

Oh, Michelle, I'm so sad you're leaving us! I sure wish Santa would leave you a new computer so you can rejoin us. I'm so glad we'll still be keeping in touch on SCS though other threads and swaps. Oh, and it would also be nice if Santa would bring you some new "wheels"!

I noticed one of the winning lottery tickets was bought here in AZ. I could have played Santa for Michelle if it was my ticket but, alas, I didn't buy one!
Old 11-29-2012, 07:42 AM   #5433
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning everyone!

So sad to see Michelle leave us I do completely understand though!
Old 11-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #5434
Stazon Splitcoast

Michelle....ditto, tritto, Quattro......
I <3 U

What if you took the picture with your phone? Free app...BlogPress works with iPad/iPhone....must be a droid app too.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:29 PM   #5435
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Good Morning Darlings!

Awwwwwwww.... Michelle, I feel horrible! Like Darlene, I am sad you will be leaving us and do wish your computer and vehicle problems would just cease! UGH!!! How very thoughtful of you to send us the kits this month, even with your decision to leave us. Thank you! I fear it's going to make me teary to work with the kit, though... I hope a few tear stains on my card will be okay. Love you, my dear friend!

LJ, I loved hearing about your decision to only buy pre-lit trees. LOL! I, on the other hand, have reservations about doing so. (I do have one that is because I got it so CHEAP that I couldn't resist.) See... it's like this. In our house WHEN a set of lights quits working properly - and that seems to happen way too often - well, maybe because we have probably 75 to 100 strings of lights in our house - I don't even try to get them working. I just toss them. I have no patience for such things. I simply replace them! (I try to buy marked down Christmas lights every year after Christmas so I'll be prepared.) That being said, I have this reservation about the prelit trees. Will the lights work for very long? When they don't, then I have a tree that needs replaced instead of a string of lights. Sooooooooo I just string my own lights. LOL!
That makes sense for you J! I have LED lights on my tree, and they are the kind where if one goes out the rest stay lit. It did come with replacement bulbs though
Old 11-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #5436
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattem View Post
I have everything for the kits.....even bought a new fun stamp, so I really want to do this. I'm just frustrated and sad that there are so many roadblocks in my life right now.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:58 AM   #5437

Good Morning Darlings!

TGIF!!!

¸¸.•*¨*... ♫0♫ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ •*¨*•.¸¸ ¸¸.•*¨* ░H░A░P░P░Y░░B░I░R░T░H░D░A░Y░ ♫♥♪.♫♥♪•♥ "This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24♫0♫ ♫*¨*•.¸¸♥ HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEET P!!! ♥

Old 11-30-2012, 04:43 AM   #5438
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning!

Happy Birthday, Sweet P!

Old 11-30-2012, 05:13 AM   #5439
SCS RAK Coordinator

Happy Friday. December is tomorrow--that means this is not too far away!

Old 11-30-2012, 05:14 AM   #5440

sweet!!!