Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 08:24 AM   #241
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Deborah, I'm sorry! My heart goes out to you and your family! Huge hugs... and lots of prayers!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
Come Chat with Me in the Chit Chat Forum
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-24-2012, 09:28 PM   #242
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingtofindtime View Post
So Zumba for me was horrible. I left after the first song! I met my goal, I made it thur one song, but Zumba is not for me. I had back surgery and I have steel rods in my back, they are 10 1/2 inches long and they run on both sides of my spine. the whole center of my back is fused and is one solid bone...so most of the upper body movements she was doing I couldn't do. NEVER even occured to me that this would be an issue. I've never let my back stop me from doing anything, even the stuff the doctor told me I couldn't do. so when you have to stop "dancing" cuz your body just doesn't move that way, it messes up the whole flow of the dance. the first song was the warm up, wasn't overly fast, but half the moves I could do then I was out of flow cuz I had to stop, then my lower back cracked up my spine...I felt the cracking go up my spine..OMG..it hurt!! I had taken a pain pill before I went since I knew I'm be moving more than I was used to, but the cracking hurt a bunch. so I stopped right there. I wasn't getting anything from the class since I couldn't do the whole dance...it was very frustrating and I felt stupid...it wasn't even funny at that point. so I excused myself and walked the track while my friend and her daughter finished the class. I was totally disappointed, but I still got some exersize and that was the whole point. my hip is killing me and my lower back still hurts...I don't look forward to the morning and what I might feel like. next week my daughter and her friend wants to go...I think they will like it, so I will take them and walk the track again while they are in class. I told my friend that if she wants to take the zumba class I will still ride with her and go, but she can do the class and I will walk the track. I look at that as a win, win for both of us. granted we are not doing it together, but we can still use each other to motivate to get us out of the house and moving. so there you have it...I was hoping to bring you a funny story, but this one's still kinda a downer.

belly dancing...no couldn't do that one either, my back just doesn't move like that.
Sorry it didn't work out but at least you tried it to see. Like you I couldn't do any of those anymore. Happy weekend all. Love, hugs and prayers=grandmajudy
Old 08-24-2012, 09:30 PM   #243
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lois577 View Post
No way! I am not interested in dating any of my SIL's friends. That is just weird, isn't it?!?!? lol
ROFLMAO Hugs=Judy
Old 08-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #244
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinQBee View Post
Hi Ladies, sorry for being MIA.. dealing with hubby's cancer and he is now going to have hospice...was not expecting this to happen so soon...but all I can do is trust in the Lord.

Hope all is well with you all....
Saying a rosary for you and hubby. I am so sorry and know what you are going through cuz I went through it also. Extra big big big hugs for you=Judy
Old 08-25-2012, 04:04 AM   #245
Hardware Hotshot

Good morning everyone

I hope this weekend is pain free and enjoyable for everyone. I am off to the cottage for the week. Hubby will join me for today and he will return home tomorrow. He hates the cottage. One day of showering in lake water is enough for him. I on the other hand love the cottage and being at the lake. Our friends own this cottage and loan it to me for a week every year. I have been doing this since before hubby and I met and it is something i really love and am not willing to give up. I spend my week walking, making cards, swimming, cooking over an open fire when weather permits, there is a stove and fridge I just like cooking on an open fire. I have no Internet so I will be off line for the rest of the week. Take care. Dea
Old 08-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #246
Mad Swapper

Deborah, So sorry for what you are going through. My mom was a hospice patient and I must say the hospice workers were soooo helpful. They seem to know just what you need. Take advantage of all they offer. Big hugs to you.

Cards Kits for Everyting Swap
Old 08-26-2012, 05:59 AM   #247

Good Morning Friends

Have a restful and INKy Sunday!

... ... ... ...

Today is National Cherry Popsicle Day,
Women’s Equality Day,
Go Topless Day (EEK!!!),
Make Your Own Luck Day,
Toilet Paper Day,
and National Dog Day.

Enjoy your holiday of choice today!
Sheesh! I don’t know about you, but I’m keeping my top on!

Please excuse the interruption, but here’s a
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
reminding us to Tip the Wait Staff Well (unlike some customers)

A trio of women was arrested after allegedly attacking their waitress at a Red Lobster. The three have each been charged with one count of mob action and one count of assault. What could possibly go so wrong at a Red Lobster that you'd need to issue a beating to your server?

According to witnesses, the ladies became irate after their waitress filled their water glasses too frequently. One of the trio responded to the insult of attentive service by tossing a recently-filled glass at the waitress as she walked away from the table, hitting her in the head. When the server turned around to see what happened, she was battered in the face with the dessert book.

x0x0x0
Hugs!!!

Old 08-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #248
Stazon Splitcoast

G'morning ladies. I hope everyone is doing well. I am going to be cleaning my roommates room and then working on some swap cards while I wait for my company to get here. The company is her parents and they stay in her room but her room is such a pig sty I don't dare let them go in there. I know it's her room and her parents make her clean it; I tried but she said she aint worried about it that her mom will pick it up. I am not allowing anyone into my home when I know one of the rooms is messy. They will be here for a couple of days which means I won't be stamping for the next couple of days. Then Ron comes home next weekend so I won't be stamping then either. Man, I better get in all the stamping I can today. lol...Well ladies yall have a great day!!!!! Many huggs and many well wishes.

SCS Gallery Moderator & Proud Fan Club Member
Old 08-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #249
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamperamma View Post
Good morning everyone

I hope this weekend is pain free and enjoyable for everyone. I am off to the cottage for the week. Hubby will join me for today and he will return home tomorrow. He hates the cottage. One day of showering in lake water is enough for him. I on the other hand love the cottage and being at the lake. Our friends own this cottage and loan it to me for a week every year. I have been doing this since before hubby and I met and it is something i really love and am not willing to give up. I spend my week walking, making cards, swimming, cooking over an open fire when weather permits, there is a stove and fridge I just like cooking on an open fire. I have no Internet so I will be off line for the rest of the week. Take care. Dea
sounds like paradise!! Have fun and enjoy!!
Old 08-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #250
Hardware Hotshot

yesterday was great. I spent the whole day in my craft space!! I got 4 sets of card kits done. I got one card completed in each, then everything else cut out and colored so all I have to do is assemble. I'm going to a weekend crop in Sept and wanted to make sure I had something constructive to do. so in between all the talking and eating, I'll feel like I got something done. LOL

today I have nothing planned. we were suppose to take a hike today, but DH is still not feeling well, and I didn't sleep good last night...so we cancelled. He still in bed sleeping. I'm hoping to get crafty again today.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:02 PM   #251
Glitter Guru

Had fun at the Lake and eating smores. Love, hugs and prayers=grandmajudy
Old 08-27-2012, 06:56 AM   #252

Good Morning Friends!

Is it really Monday already?
Okay… well, try to make the best of it!

... ... ... ...

Today is National Pots de Creme Day,
Petroleum Day,
The Duchess Who Wasn’t Day,
Just Because Day,
Motorist Consideration Day,
Global Forgiveness Day,
Banana Lovers Day,
and Kiss Me Day.

reminding us that there are some Dumb Criminals in the World

A 28-year-old man decided to rob a local newsstand. Besides the fact that stealing is wrong, there were a couple of serious issues with James' decision that probably should have been addressed during the planning stages of the crime:

1. The man was a regular customer at the store.
2. He had attempted to rob it just 10 days prior.

Still, the man was undeterred. He marched into the store wearing a ski mask, pointed a toy gun at the cashier, and took just over $200 from the till. He then attempted to exit the shop, but was thwarted by the fact that he could not push the door open...

...when it was supposed to be pulled.
The man then whipped off his mask (in full view of the surveillance cameras) in frustration and kicked the door, which shattered the glass and sent him careening backwards while a display case of drink bottles fell on top of him.

The man was found three hours later by the police. After being put into the squad car, he began crying (probably out of a mixture of guilt and shame) and asked if everyone at the store he had just robbed was alright.

It was later revealed that the man had developed a severe drug addiction and had resorted to crime in order to pay off debts to his dealers. He has begun serving a three year prison sentence by getting clean and taking steps to get his life back together.

x0x0x0
Hugs!!!

Old 08-27-2012, 08:56 AM   #253
Insane Embellisher

I just realized that I never came to this site to sign up for a spot. So please put me down for one spot.
Sally
Old 08-27-2012, 09:02 AM   #254
Mad Swapper

Well, I feel very lucky. Hurricane Isaac passed by last night almost unnoticed. There are lots of palm branches on the ground but that's about it. Today it is raining one minute and bright and sunny the next.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:17 AM   #255
Swapper of the Month December 2011

JCI
Putting the finishing touches on my cards. They should be postal by the end of the work week.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:35 PM   #256
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover View Post
I just realized that I never came to this site to sign up for a spot. So please put me down for one spot.
Sally
sally - you got it...glad you didn't miss us.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #257
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Well, I feel very lucky. Hurricane Isaac passed by last night almost unnoticed. There are lots of palm branches on the ground but that's about it. Today it is raining one minute and bright and sunny the next.
oh good...I'm glad you are alright!! enjoy the sun when it's out.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #258
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybugandi45 View Post
JCI
Putting the finishing touches on my cards. They should be postal by the end of the work week.
sounds great. (BTW-I haven't forgotten about the bags, just haven't had a chance to work on them yet)
Old 08-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #259
Glitter Guru

What is Pots de Creme Inquiring minds want to know. Love, hugs and prayers=grandmajudy
Old 08-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmajudy View Post
What is Pots de Creme Inquiring minds want to know. Love, hugs and prayers=grandmajudy
Pots de Creme | The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree Drummond

Old 08-28-2012, 03:20 AM   #261
Mad Swapper

Oh, my goodness. Where have they been all my life? Grandma Judy, I never heard of them either. But raw eggs? Or does the hot coffee actually "cook" them? Still, I think it's worth the risk. lol

Jeanette, Those instructions are hilarious!!!

Old 08-28-2012, 06:04 AM   #262

Good Morning Friends!

Have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!
Isnít it a great feeling to know we survived Monday already?

... ... ... ...

Today is National Cherry Turnover Day,
World Sauntering Day,
Race Your Mouse Around the Icons Day , (I donít make this stuff up, really, I donít!)
Radio Commercials Day,
Crackers Over the Keyboard Day,
Bow Tie Day,
St. Hermes Day (honoring the Patron Saint of Insanity),
and Dream Day.

Please excuse the interruption, but hereís a
reminding us of the Wisdomof Speaking FEW words.

A shy little 4-year-old came in to the dentist for his first cleaning and check-up. The hygienist tried to strike up a conversation but no response.

After the cleaning, the dentist was called in to do the final check. The dentist tried to strike up a conversation as well. "How old are you?" No response.

The dentist then asked, "Don't you know how old you are?" Immediately four tiny fingers went up.

"Oh," replied the dentist, "and do you know how old that is?" Four little fingers went up once again.

Continuing the effort to get a response, the dentist asked, "Can you talk?"

The solemn little patient looked at him and asked, "Can you count?"

x0x0x0
Hugs!!!

Old 08-28-2012, 06:04 AM   #263

Quote:
Oh, my goodness. Where have they been all my life? Grandma Judy, I never heard of them either. But raw eggs? Or does the hot coffee actually "cook" them? Still, I think it's worth the risk. lol

Jeanette, Those instructions are hilarious!!!
LOL! Those eggs would do me in. I do NOT like eggs!!!

Old 08-28-2012, 10:50 PM   #264
Mad Swapper

I don't eat eggs either. Unless they are disguised in a cake, or cookies, or a pie, or muffins, or cream puffs or....maybe.....POTS DE CREME?

Old 08-29-2012, 06:29 AM   #265

Good Morning Friends!

Have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!

... ... ... ...

Today is Happy Housewives Day,
More Herbs, Less Salt Day,
According to Hoyle Day ,
Chop Suey Day,
Lemon Juice Day,
and International Day Against Nuclear Tests.

reminding us that there areDumb Criminals in the World

Usually, when people talk about the importance of "covering your tracks," they mean it in a figurative sense. But two unwise robbers should've heeded that advice literally.

The two allegedly broke into a business and left the scene without being apprehended after an alarm went off. Police, arriving at the scene of the Tuesday morning break-in, noticed two sets of fresh footprints leading away from the building, suggesting that whoever left them was running. They followed the tracks all the way to a nearby convenience store, where witnesses reported seeing two suspicious males walking around the area.

Officers were able to follow the footprint trail from the store to a cemetery, where they found the two men, hanging out. Looking at the suspects' shoes, police were able to confirm that they matched the footprints leading from the burglarized business to the store and from the store to the cemetery, and the two were arrested.

Talk about being caught red-handed... or, rather, snow-footed.

x0x0x0
Hugs!!!

Old 08-29-2012, 06:30 AM   #266

Quote:
I don't eat eggs either. Unless they are disguised in a cake, or cookies, or a pie, or muffins, or cream puffs or....maybe.....POTS DE CREME?
LOL! I think most of those "disguised" eggs sound okay. Still not going with the Pots de Creme though....... ewwwwwww to raw eggs!

Old 08-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #267
Pearl-ExPert

Default JCI

Hi Ladies...JCI.. still alive but been crazy....they finally got hubby's meds right were he is now comfortable. Hard to see him asleep so much, but I knew this was part of hospice to keep him pain free...but still hard...can't ever imagine he will never be in our bed again nor in our house again...hard to come home after I'm with him in the evenings, but I know the Lord is there with me and is holding me in his arms as I sit in the easy chair and stare out into oblivion.....

My Blog

My Gallery
Old 08-29-2012, 02:59 PM   #268
Mad Swapper

Deborah, My heart goes out to you. I can't imagine what you're going through. I had a similar situation with my Mom, but a husband is different. Having him be painfree is definitely something to be thankful for.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #269
Glitter Guru

EEEWWWWW Thank you I read the recipe Lois and Jeanette and think I will pass it up. I do like eggs though and usually make a spanish omelet or put choriso in the scrambled eggs and then have homemade refried beans with them and flour tortillas. But not in the morning. You'll probably get after me but my breakfast for years has been a couple of cups of coffee and a cigarette. I don't eat breakfast but like it for dinner. Love, hugs and prayers=grandmajudy
Old 08-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #270
Matboard Maniac

My heart goes out to you. We just recently went though hospice care for my father who had lung cancer. We lost him in January. It's been really hard on all of us, but especially for my mom. She misses him every day. She says it's getting easier now and she can think of him with smiles instead of tears. My prayers are with you as you go through this. There are no words to make it easier, but there are many of us who understand and are here. And remember to take care of yourself. You are important also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinQBee View Post
Hi Ladies...JCI.. still alive but been crazy....they finally got hubby's meds right were he is now comfortable. Hard to see him asleep so much, but I knew this was part of hospice to keep him pain free...but still hard...can't ever imagine he will never be in our bed again nor in our house again...hard to come home after I'm with him in the evenings, but I know the Lord is there with me and is holding me in his arms as I sit in the easy chair and stare out into oblivion.....
Old 08-29-2012, 09:51 PM   #271
Matboard Maniac

I started my cards today. Hope to have them postal next week.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:58 AM   #272

Good Morning, Friends!

We’re racing toward the l-o-n-g weekend now!
Anybody have any special plans for Labor Day?

... ... ... ...

Today is National Toasted Marshmallow Day,
National Holistic Pet Day,
Frankenstein Day ,
Mind Day,
Rowboat Day,
and Slinky Day.

reminding us that Moms Have an Interesting Wish List

What Mom Really Wants

Top 10 List of what Moms REALLY want...

10. To be able to eat a whole candy bar (alone) and drink a soda without any "floaties" (ie, backwash)

9. To have my 14 year-old daughter answer a question without rolling her eyes in that "Why is this person my mother?" way.

8. Five pounds of chocolate that won't add twenty.

7. A shower without a child peeking through the curtain with a "Hi Ya Mom!" just as I put a razor to my ankle.

6. A full time cleaning person - period!

5. For my teenager to announce "Hey, Mom! I got a full scholarship and a job all in the same day!"

4. A grocery store that doesn't have candy/gum/cheap toys displayed at the checkout line.

3. To have a family meal without a discussion about bodily secretions.

2. To be able to step on a plane with my toddlers and NOT have someone moan, "Oh no! Why me...!"

And the #1 thing that moms REALLY want is.....
Four words: Fisher Price Play Prison

x0x0x0
Hugs!!!

Old 08-31-2012, 07:20 AM   #273

Good Morning Friends!

TGIF!!!
And a 3-day Weekend for most! YAY!!!

... ... ... ...

Today is National Trail Mix Day,
and Love Litigating Lawyers Day.

Yep! That’s all I found for today.

reminding us that there are some Dumb Criminals in the World

New Mexico corrections officers say an inmate escaped his jail cell by breaking a window bar with a razor blade and a Popsicle stick but changed his mind once he got outside.

The man (who is serving time for two murder convictions and other crimes) told police it took about five months to break the bar on his jail cell window with those materials. He also used plastic, newspaper and more Popsicle sticks to fashion a fake window.

Once free, the man changed his mind and climbed back into his second-story jail cell using a bedsheet.

x0x0x0
Hugs!!!

Old 08-31-2012, 05:07 PM   #274

Hi
Here is a sneak peek. I hope you like them.

fashion-diva.jpg

TFL
Old 08-31-2012, 05:47 PM   #275
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybugandi45 View Post
Hi
Here is a sneak peek. I hope you like them.

Attachment 256188

TFL
lori- I love it!! Just perfect!

stupid question and maybe someone else can answer this....who makes the stamps with out the heads of people? like the one you used? I've seen a christmas one i like and a halloween (i think) one i like.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:49 PM   #276
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwiswell View Post
I started my cards today. Hope to have them postal next week.
I can't wait to see them!
Old 08-31-2012, 05:52 PM   #277
Hardware Hotshot

Ladies- hope you all have big plans for the long weekend. I will be camping this weekend so I won't be on much sunday or monday. I'll be around tomorrow, but going to try to get a bunch done. maybe...anywhoo...happy day, enjoy your weekend and I will check back tomorrow hopefully otherwise, I will see you all monday night! hugs to everyone.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:59 PM   #278
Glitter Guru

Lori, I absolutely loved your card. Will be busy having all weekend and starting it off tomorrow with the big Labor Day sale at Joann's. You all have as wonderful Labor Day weekend. Love, hugs and prayers=grandmajudy
Old 08-31-2012, 06:23 PM   #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingtofindtime View Post
lori- I love it!! Just perfect!

stupid question and maybe someone else can answer this....who makes the stamps with out the heads of people? like the one you used? I've seen a christmas one i like and a halloween (i think) one i like.
Thank you...im glad you like the card.
The headless people are from MFT Stamps -- my favorite stamp company right now. I'm sure if you have joined any of my challenges you must've received a stamp set or Dienamics from me as a prize.
If you purchase anything from them tell them I highly recommended you go there
Old 08-31-2012, 06:29 PM   #280

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmajudy View Post
Lori, I absolutely loved your card. Will be busy having all weekend and starting it off tomorrow with the big Labor Day sale at Joann's. You all have as wonderful Labor Day weekend. Love, hugs and prayers=grandmajudy
Thank you. That makes me happy!
Closed Thread