Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 06:54 AM   #1
SCS Swap Moderator

Heart April Swapper of the Month - amyphelps

Congratulations to our April Swapper of the Month! Here is a little information about Amy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyphelps
- how you got started
I was part of a Stampin' Up Monthly card club and I just wanted more and more ideas. The girls turned me onto SCS - I was blown away. I am "orginally" from the digital scrapbook world and I knew what another "world" that was, I had no idea there was an equal world out there for stamping! Ha Ha. I just wanted to hang with my girlfriends once a month and as they say, the rest is history!
- how long have you been doing this
hmmmm, I think I joined SCS August 2007? So that's how long I've been "doing this" - stamping. Scrapbooking about 12 years.
- do you have any other hobbies
I LOVE photography, and can't wait for my kids to get a little older (aka more independent) so I can start pursuing that hobby more. I'd Love to take some weekend photography outings. I also dabble in digital scrapbooking.
- a bit about your family & friends
I am a mother of two boys 10 & 8. Married for 12 years.
- favorite tools of the trade
Oh My...where to start? I've got a bit of an addictive personality, so when I start something I've "gotta have it all" - so I have lots. Fortunately, I have a very good friend with whom I can borrow lots of stuff from so it keeps BOTH our stash low. (well, lower than it would otherwise be It works out great. Favorite??? I use my scor-pal a lot, I can't imagine going back to scoring with my fiskars cutter. I LOVE my Fiskars soft touch spring scissors, very sharp. I guess I would replace my guillotine paper cutter if it ever went dull - again, I love the precise cuts you get with a guillotine style. Still in search of the perfect tape runner that has a super duper hold - for now I love my Scotch ATG - just so biiiig .
- something we might not know
Lots I'm sure you don't know. I'm a devoted Christian.....Love my Lord and LOVE my Bible Studies I participate in. I'm not overly active on the boards, but I sure do love the swap I host. The gals are fantastic, respectful and uber talented.
- favorite swapping experience
The monthly swap I host. It's just a great experience. We've only been swapping 7 months, but the gals are the greatest. It's been great to see some of the "new" gals grow in their craft. With the RARE occasion of someone running late, there really has not been any negativity. Even the swap that literally got lost in the mail (I eventually did hear from the postoffice that the package was destroyed) the gal was soooo postive. We're still working on getting that all "right" by her. She is just so patient!!!
- anything else that you would like to share
I really am honored by this. I can guess who all the nominators were (wink wink) and that in itself says a lot. I have been part of some pretty icky swaps, I just didn't understand why the lack of communication.???? That's my biggest goal in swapping (hosting anyway) is to communicate. We're all human, we've all got other lives and we SHOULD all take this for the hobby it is - never to get our emotions too wrapped up in it. The gals I swap with seem to appreciate that if they need to step out of the swap for a month, it's not a problem, just let me know so I'm not left waiting. It's seemed to work well. I encourage anyone who is considering hosting a swap to come on over and take a look at our communication. You'll see that everyone is on time, and in turn, I get the swaps out in a timely manner as well. If I'm running wonky, I communicate that as well.
Sorry I don't have a larger gallery, I just don't post that often. I do try to participate in a few swaps here and there to get to know the other ladies and it's a great way to gather resources when you have a question. (Like when I was jumping into buying Copic markers - it was great to have some ladies to turn to to ask directly) It just makes this hobby that much more rewarding.
Make sure you stop by and check out Amy's gallery and look for her in the swap forums.
Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - amyphelps - Handmade Cards & Crafts

Feel free to post here if you have anything you would like to add!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-03-2012, 10:00 AM   #2
Swapper of the Month February 2013

Amy is a super hostess!! She is so positive and understanding! It's easy to be part of her group. Love ya my friend!!!
Old 04-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #3
Matboard Maniac

Amy is the best! She's communicative, informative, and encouraging. She'a always so postive; it makes the swap so much fun. Her monthly swap is my absolute favorite because of the awesome job she does in keeping us updated on each month's progress. Hats off to Amy!

Mika
Old 04-07-2012, 03:16 PM   #4
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via Yahoo to KayRuns26.2

AHHHHHH, YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy, I just can't say enough great things about you...I wish we lived close, I think you are a huge blessing to all you touch! God is using you for his purpose, and look at you SHINE!

Love ya Lady!
kay

Old 04-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #5
Polyshrink Goddess

Woot Woot for Amy! Hostess extrodinaire! Could not happen to a more deserving individual.

As my best friend says, "Stamping....it's cheaper than therapy" to which I add, "Not by much".

My mom was the proud recipient of my first handmade card. Cost $200.

~My Gallery~
Closed Thread