In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 06:18 AM   #281
Pearl-ExPert
 
chrys23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: on the beach
Posts: 2,512
Send a message via AIM to chrys23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawtx53 View Post
Chris,

Thank you for the link to the envelopes!! I really appreciate it. I also love your blog. It had me smiling at all the beautiful cards and laughing at all your funny ways of expressing your frustration. I like the idea for a word for the year. Balance would be a good one for me too. Have you tried Yoga? If you have trouble with balance you can do Chair Yoga. There are videos on youtube. I thought it might be kind of silly but it was really a good workout and I only did 10 minutes. Just FYI.

Well, thanks again for the information!

Hugs,
Mary : )
thanks mary! i'm not sure i'm a yoga person. i'm more a walk my dogs in any kind of weather person. lol a few of my friends from my ms group do yoga but i'm just not ready to try it out. maybe later.


have a good weekend!
__________________
chris >"<
my blog
chrys23 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #282
Insane Embellisher
 
animallover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp Wizard View Post
Sally

Good grief! Your cards took the scenic route! Or maybe the cross country by snowshoe method.
I think that the cards has finally arrived today. I do think that it took the scenic route. Oh after Cincinnati, Ohio it went to Philadelphia and then finally it had arrived. It was one day less than 2 weeks of getting there. I'm really so glad that I donated my cards.
Sally
__________________
Sally
www.yourspoiledcat.com
animallover is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-18-2013, 12:03 AM   #283
Die Cut Diva
 
Stamp Wizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Albany, Oregon
Posts: 3,225
Default

Checking in to see what's been happening. No pictures posted.
__________________
Sandra - Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
www.SandraJLewis.stampinup.net
www.sandrascraftstudio.wordpress.com
Stamp Wizard is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #284
Swapper of the Month August 2012
 
cupojafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Taking a nap
Posts: 5,779
Default

Sally and Mom your lovely cards came yesterday...thanks you!

As for picture...I just had way to many cards coming in to get pictures taken and posted. Susan alone gave me over a 100 at least. If anyone took pics of their cards feel free to post them. I just don't have the time.
Sorry if that dissapoints anyone.
__________________
JEN
@JAFA House@
<><@<><@<><@<><@<><@<><
cupojafa is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #285
Die Cut Diva
 
Stamp Wizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Albany, Oregon
Posts: 3,225
Default

Checking in....
Now I'm going to bed; it's Friday night at 11:13 pm - gosh, to bed early tonight!
__________________
Sandra - Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
www.SandraJLewis.stampinup.net
www.sandrascraftstudio.wordpress.com
Stamp Wizard is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-23-2013, 05:25 AM   #286
Swapper of the Month August 2012
 
cupojafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Taking a nap
Posts: 5,779
Default

I am waiting for one more package of cards and then I'll finish putting these cards in order and taking them to the RMDH in Hershey, PA.

Thank you to all of you who donated your time, talent and cards! It warms my heart as I'm sure it will those who receive your lovely creations!

God Bless!
__________________
JEN
@JAFA House@
<><@<><@<><@<><@<><@<><
cupojafa is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-23-2013, 05:48 AM   #287
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Woodstock, ON
Posts: 578
Default

I'm highly embarrassed to see that my name is the only one on the list that didn't donate all my cards!! If it's any comfort to those with bad thoughts of me now, we have a card workshop here in Ontario every month that donates to our local Ronald McDonald house - I feel the need to empty my card box into our donating box this month! Sorry ladies...!
tfover is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #288
Die Cut Diva
 
janiekay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leon is one of our "Seniors" up for adoption at www.mwdr.org
Posts: 3,019
Default No need for embarrassment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfover View Post
I'm highly embarrassed to see that my name is the only one on the list that didn't donate all my cards!! If it's any comfort to those with bad thoughts of me now, we have a card workshop here in Ontario every month that donates to our local Ronald McDonald house - I feel the need to empty my card box into our donating box this month! Sorry ladies...!
That is wonderful that you donate to the Ontario house! Which of the Ontario houses do you help??? Would your group like to join ours by adding your name to the list of houses that are adopted???


Even if everyone requested cards back, Jen would still be getting the +1's for her house in Hershey! But, it is nice of everyone that did donate to help her get her box filled for the house in Hershey! Jen should have a box full to bring them!


How many cards did you end up collecting, Jen??? I can't wait to add these cards to my totals for all the houses!
janiekay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-24-2013, 05:10 AM   #289
Swapper of the Month August 2012
 
cupojafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Taking a nap
Posts: 5,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfover View Post
I'm highly embarrassed to see that my name is the only one on the list that didn't donate all my cards!! If it's any comfort to those with bad thoughts of me now, we have a card workshop here in Ontario every month that donates to our local Ronald McDonald house - I feel the need to empty my card box into our donating box this month! Sorry ladies...!
You don't need to be sorry! I'm so sorry you feel bad about not donating all. I ment to change the list so it didn't single you out. Your cards came so fast with return postage that I didn't even think to ask if you wanted to donate all. I haven't done a swap like this before and didn't expect everyone to donate all their cards. Please except my appology for not catching that sooner.
I don't think anyone is thinking less of you!
__________________
JEN
@JAFA House@
<><@<><@<><@<><@<><@<><
cupojafa is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-24-2013, 05:11 AM   #290
Swapper of the Month August 2012
 
cupojafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Taking a nap
Posts: 5,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiekay View Post
That is wonderful that you donate to the Ontario house! Which of the Ontario houses do you help??? Would your group like to join ours by adding your name to the list of houses that are adopted???


Even if everyone requested cards back, Jen would still be getting the +1's for her house in Hershey! But, it is nice of everyone that did donate to help her get her box filled for the house in Hershey! Jen should have a box full to bring them!


How many cards did you end up collecting, Jen??? I can't wait to add these cards to my totals for all the houses!
I'm still waiting for some packages to arrive and I haven't gotten them counted yet but I will let you know when I do.
__________________
JEN
@JAFA House@
<><@<><@<><@<><@<><@<><
cupojafa is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #291
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Woodstock, ON
Posts: 578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiekay View Post
That is wonderful that you donate to the Ontario house! Which of the Ontario houses do you help??? Would your group like to join ours by adding your name to the list of houses that are adopted???


Even if everyone requested cards back, Jen would still be getting the +1's for her house in Hershey! But, it is nice of everyone that did donate to help her get her box filled for the house in Hershey! Jen should have a box full to bring them!


How many cards did you end up collecting, Jen??? I can't wait to add these cards to my totals for all the houses!
We work together with the Hamilton Ronald McDonald House - near MacMaster Children's Hospital. This house is close to my heart - we spent a lot of time at MacMaster Hospital with family members, although we did not need the Ronald McDonald House - it's a great community!
How does the adopted list work? PM me!
We have a great group that always overwhelms us with their donating! Cards for a great cause!
tfover is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #292
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Woodstock, ON
Posts: 578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupojafa View Post
You don't need to be sorry! I'm so sorry you feel bad about not donating all. I ment to change the list so it didn't single you out. Your cards came so fast with return postage that I didn't even think to ask if you wanted to donate all. I haven't done a swap like this before and didn't expect everyone to donate all their cards. Please except my appology for not catching that sooner.
I don't think anyone is thinking less of you!
Hey - don't worry - it's not your fault! Cards for a great cause! Thanks for hosting!
tfover is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-25-2013, 03:30 AM   #293
Swapper of the Month August 2012
 
cupojafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Taking a nap
Posts: 5,779
Default

Ellen your beautiful cards arrived!

I now have all the cards sorted and ready to go! Our total for this swap was 300! You ladie ROCK!!! Thank you!!!
__________________
JEN
@JAFA House@
<><@<><@<><@<><@<><@<><
cupojafa is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #294
Crimping Master
 
dsp245's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,095
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfover View Post
We work together with the Hamilton Ronald McDonald House - near MacMaster Children's Hospital. This house is close to my heart - we spent a lot of time at MacMaster Hospital with family members, although we did not need the Ronald McDonald House - it's a great community!
How does the adopted list work? PM me!
We have a great group that always overwhelms us with their donating! Cards for a great cause!
We have a monthly swap that donates to a certain house each month. You can click my link under my signature, it will take you to the forum!
__________________
dsp245 ~ aka Pam
My SU website
Join Us - Ronald McDonald House Swap 2014
dsp245 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #295
Die Cut Diva
 
Stamp Wizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Albany, Oregon
Posts: 3,225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfover View Post
I'm highly embarrassed to see that my name is the only one on the list that didn't donate all my cards!! If it's any comfort to those with bad thoughts of me now, we have a card workshop here in Ontario every month that donates to our local Ronald McDonald house - I feel the need to empty my card box into our donating box this month! Sorry ladies...!
Don't be embarrassed! You are still donating to a RMHC! And you did send some cards in so you will get some totally new / different cards to donate to your RMHC and one of yours will go to this project. It all works out in the end.

[that's my 2 cents worth]
__________________
Sandra - Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
www.SandraJLewis.stampinup.net
www.sandrascraftstudio.wordpress.com
Stamp Wizard is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #296
Die Cut Diva
 
Stamp Wizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Albany, Oregon
Posts: 3,225
Default

Jen
Don't forget to post how many cards went over the the Hershey House!
Inquiring minds want to know (me)!
__________________
Sandra - Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
www.SandraJLewis.stampinup.net
www.sandrascraftstudio.wordpress.com
Stamp Wizard is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-28-2013, 04:16 AM   #297
Swapper of the Month August 2012
 
cupojafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Taking a nap
Posts: 5,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp Wizard View Post
Jen
Don't forget to post how many cards went over the the Hershey House!
Inquiring minds want to know (me)!
I had posted earlier that you all sent in 300 cards! Thank you!
__________________
JEN
@JAFA House@
<><@<><@<><@<><@<><@<><
cupojafa is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:20 AM   #298
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Woodstock, ON
Posts: 578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp Wizard View Post
Don't be embarrassed! You are still donating to a RMHC! And you did send some cards in so you will get some totally new / different cards to donate to your RMHC and one of yours will go to this project. It all works out in the end.

[that's my 2 cents worth]
You're right - thanks for the encouragement - Hamilton RMHC is benefitting here in Ontario!
tfover is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:44 AM   #299
Mad Swapper
 
ellesart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupojafa View Post
Ellen your beautiful cards arrived!

I now have all the cards sorted and ready to go! Our total for this swap was 300! You ladie ROCK!!! Thank you!!!
Jen,

I did not notice that all cards can be donated - please feel free to donate all of mine if you have not sent them yet.

Ellen
ellesart is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #300
Die Cut Diva
 
Stamp Wizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Albany, Oregon
Posts: 3,225
Default

Thought I would check in. I've not been feeling very well for several days now. Right now I have a BIG, BAD headache. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
__________________
Sandra - Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
www.SandraJLewis.stampinup.net
www.sandrascraftstudio.wordpress.com
Stamp Wizard is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:44 PM   #301
Die Cut Diva
 
Stamp Wizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Albany, Oregon
Posts: 3,225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupojafa View Post
I had posted earlier that you all sent in 300 cards! Thank you!
300!!!

That is just amazing - I suppose I must have missed your earlier posting. That's OK, it's good to brag more about doing good deeds.
__________________
Sandra - Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
www.SandraJLewis.stampinup.net
www.sandrascraftstudio.wordpress.com
Stamp Wizard is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #302
Die Cut Diva
 
Stamp Wizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Albany, Oregon
Posts: 3,225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfover View Post
You're right - thanks for the encouragement - Hamilton RMHC is benefitting here in Ontario!
I sure wish international postage ("just over the border to the North") did not cost so much!

Are there online groups like Splitcoaststampers in Canada? There certainly should be. I know SCS has swappers from Canada and sometimes other countries but it's nice to have swaps in one's own country.
__________________
Sandra - Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
www.SandraJLewis.stampinup.net
www.sandrascraftstudio.wordpress.com
Stamp Wizard is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-01-2013, 03:45 AM   #303
Swapper of the Month August 2012
 
cupojafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Taking a nap
Posts: 5,779
Default

All have been sorted and envelopes & sleeves put with them. Boxed and ready to deliver. This thread is slowing way down so I will most likely not check it again.
Thank you all again for your help!
God Bless!
__________________
JEN
@JAFA House@
<><@<><@<><@<><@<><@<><
cupojafa is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #304
Swapper of the Month August 2012
 
cupojafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Taking a nap
Posts: 5,779
Default

Received the following from RMDH Hershey today:

Hi Jennifer!

We just received the INCREDIBLE cards from your Splitcoast Stampers group. They are absolutely WONDERFUL, and many of the Valentine’s cards have already been taken by guests. They are delighted and so appreciative when special things like this are made available to them. We would be more than happy to continue to receive cards. I would say that this box would last us several months, but by late summer they will probably be gone.

I am mailing a formal thank you letter to your home address in case you would like to share it with the group.
Thanks so very much – you all are terrific! – not to mention TALENTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take Care,
Patrice

Patrice Stillwell
Administrative Assistant II / Grant Program
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central PA
745 West Governor Road
Hershey, PA 17033
__________________
JEN
@JAFA House@
<><@<><@<><@<><@<><@<><
cupojafa is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #305
Pearl-ExPert
 
chrys23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: on the beach
Posts: 2,512
Send a message via AIM to chrys23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupojafa View Post
Received the following from RMDH Hershey today:

Hi Jennifer!

We just received the INCREDIBLE cards from your Splitcoast Stampers group. They are absolutely WONDERFUL, and many of the Valentine’s cards have already been taken by guests. They are delighted and so appreciative when special things like this are made available to them. We would be more than happy to continue to receive cards. I would say that this box would last us several months, but by late summer they will probably be gone.

I am mailing a formal thank you letter to your home address in case you would like to share it with the group.
Thanks so very much – you all are terrific! – not to mention TALENTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take Care,
Patrice

Patrice Stillwell
Administrative Assistant II / Grant Program
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central PA
745 West Governor Road
Hershey, PA 17033
very very cool jen!! if you are going to do this again for them in the summer, count me in!! you rock!
__________________
chris >"<
my blog
chrys23 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #306
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,545
Default

Jen -

Thanks for sharing Patrice's nice words!

What a great feeling to know our cards were so well-received

Yay for us!!
__________________
Lorraine
Wife to an awesome DH and Mommy to an adorable DS who is on the spectrum for autism
smhtwin is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:24 AM   #307
Mad Swapper
 
mamaws29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,608
Default

Great Job ladies, Thanks, Jen
__________________
Martha - 3520 cards to date to RMH NEW & OPEN - Ronald McDonald House Of the Month Swap 2014
mamaws29 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Closed Thread





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off