Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2011, 03:45 AM   #201
March 2014 Swapper of the Month

Sounds like a fun weekend Amy!

My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-25-2011, 09:48 AM   #202
Mad Swapper

Ready to go - will be postal in the AM.... Gerry
Old 09-26-2011, 12:49 PM   #203
April 2012 Swapper of the Month

Laura, Tammy and Gerry, I'll be on the lookout and let you know when they arrive.

Hmmmm, will they ALL arrive this week?? Can I get them back in the mail to you early next week???? We'll just have to wait and see....

Stay tuned into this post

Hugs
Amy

Old 09-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #204

Default Couple of pics

Hi ladies, just a couple of pics from our hike yesterday, "in our back yard" - Gold Camp Rd - Colorado Springs, CO
Not too bad eh?
(I did pop the saturation a bit)
Hugs
Amy
Attached Thumbnails
dsc_2999.jpg   dsc_3002.jpg  

Old 09-26-2011, 02:25 PM   #205

Hap hap happy Mail today!!! Got Five packages today, be patient with me as I go through each one and mark it off. Woo hoo!

First:
Tammy, yours arrived safe and sound. Purty purty. Wow, you did LOTS of cutting for this swap. The ladies are going to be thrilled with your card. I like the green you paired with your pink

Old 09-26-2011, 02:30 PM   #206

Joi, BOTH your Oct AND Nov arrived today. Did you want me to hold off sending your Oct swap and send it with Nov?

I love the fold you used for your Oct card - and the bling is always fun!! The brads on your Nov swap really give it that pop. Your card is so elegant, yet it is totally male as well Nicely done on both.

Hugs
Amy

Old 09-26-2011, 02:35 PM   #207

Candra, both your swaps arrived today (9/26) The mouse stamp is just sooo cute! I loved the touch of pink in his ears!!! Nicely done. On your second card I love your technique on popping up the flowers and leaves. I've never seen that and it is such a great idea. sweet sweet sweet.

Hugs
Amy

Old 09-26-2011, 02:40 PM   #208

Zella, both your Oct and Nov swaps arrived today 9/26. Thanks for also noting which "challenge" you participated in. Nice Job with sketch #343 on your Oct card - I love your colors in the dsp you used. sweet.

How did it feel getting rid of some old "stash" for your Nov cards? This DSP is great use for masculine cards - great job!

Hugs
Amy

Old 09-26-2011, 02:42 PM   #209
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyphelps View Post
Hap hap happy Mail today!!! Got Five packages today, be patient with me as I go through each one and mark it off. Woo hoo!

First:
Tammy, yours arrived safe and sound. Purty purty. Wow, you did LOTS of cutting for this swap. The ladies are going to be thrilled with your card. I like the green you paired with your pink
Thanks Amy did that card at a stamp-in up workshop and new I had to make it for our swap.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:46 PM   #210

Laura, your November cards arrived today as well! The stamp you used is perfect for a masculine BD. Such a "regal" looking card - love it. I'm sure the girls will love it as well
Hugs
Amy

Old 09-26-2011, 02:47 PM   #211

Whew Ladies! That was fun opening 6 packages today!!! We're almost there, almost have them all in.....
Big Hugs from colorado - I'm off to make dinner.

Amy

Old 09-27-2011, 03:41 AM   #212
Swapper of the Month February 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyphelps View Post
Zella, both your Oct and Nov swaps arrived today 9/26. Thanks for also noting which "challenge" you participated in. Nice Job with sketch #343 on your Oct card - I love your colors in the dsp you used. sweet.

How did it feel getting rid of some old "stash" for your Nov cards? This DSP is great use for masculine cards - great job!

Hugs
Amy
YEAH! So glad they arrived!

Thanks for the compliments. It's funny about using some of the old stash stuff....I realized I have so much stuff that I just don't use - both stamps and dsp....and I've committed to pulling more of the old stuff out and using it instead of buying new. I must admit that it has been like having all new stuff again cause some of it I even forgot that I had! LOL!!!!
Old 09-27-2011, 08:13 AM   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by russnzella View Post
YEAH! So glad they arrived!

Thanks for the compliments. It's funny about using some of the old stash stuff....I realized I have so much stuff that I just don't use - both stamps and dsp....and I've committed to pulling more of the old stuff out and using it instead of buying new. I must admit that it has been like having all new stuff again cause some of it I even forgot that I had! LOL!!!!

Yeah Zella, that is exactly the point of my choosing that challenge. I'm sure we ALL can relate to that. I just can't seem to decide on which DSP to use, there is so much "abandoned" stuff to choose from. Ha ha!! I also have embellishments that I just struggle in how to use, so I haven't. (binder clips, hat pins) I'm glad you have fun with the challenge - I'm sure your post will motivate others to go deep into their stash!

Happy Tuesday everyone.
Hugs
Amy

Old 09-27-2011, 08:28 AM   #214
Polyshrink Goddess

Default a question about posting to my gallery

I'm contemplating posting my cards to my gallery, but absolutely HATE having to write the recipes. It's become much more difficult as well since I'm no longer a demonstrator and can use what ever supplies I have or find, regardless of vender or how long they've been sitting in my stash. I've been unmounting my stamps and storing them by theme, not by set. All of this makes posting a supplies list a real bummer.

My question is do I have to post all that information when I upload a card? Is there a rule that says this is required info to post? I'm not trying to sound lazy but trying to figure out what supplies and brands I've used just isn't worth it for me.

So sorry that this message doesn't seem to have a positive tone.....the joy is in the creating for me!

Rachel
Old 09-27-2011, 08:54 AM   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by raquelita_uno View Post
I'm contemplating posting my cards to my gallery, but absolutely HATE having to write the recipes. It's become much more difficult as well since I'm no longer a demonstrator and can use what ever supplies I have or find, regardless of vender or how long they've been sitting in my stash. I've been unmounting my stamps and storing them by theme, not by set. All of this makes posting a supplies list a real bummer.

My question is do I have to post all that information when I upload a card? Is there a rule that says this is required info to post? I'm not trying to sound lazy but trying to figure out what supplies and brands I've used just isn't worth it for me.

So sorry that this message doesn't seem to have a positive tone.....the joy is in the creating for me!

Rachel
Great question Rachel. I did a bit of searching and really didn't see that you HAVE to post all the info. They do prefer it, just because it makes the gallery all nice and neat if they can put it someplace other than just a member gallery. Which I know I appreciate seeing all I can see if I'm looking for ideas for a certain stamp. HOWEVER, having said that, I feel your pain. I don't like to keep track of everything either, and it keeps me from adding to my gallery as well. So here's my suggestion (since you asked ) If you can at least put it in the stamp set gallery that's optimal, but as you've stated above, that can be a hassle as well, depending on your stamp organization. If not, don't worry about it. Just post it w/o anything and carry on with your life. I feel it's better to post to our galleries with NO organization rather than not posting at all. However the gallery moderators may have differing opinions. Plus, if you are just posting for our benefit, all we really need to see is your gallery, and I've linked everyone's gallery in the original post (OP) and you've served your personal objective - just giving us the opportunity to see your work and save me the work (if I so decide to post everyone's work) which that I LIKE
In a nutshell. Post it anyway w/o any info and we'll find it in your personal gallery.
Thanks
Amy

PS besides, I've run across PLENTY of cards that offered no info, so no worries.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:07 PM   #216
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Sometimes I will just describe a card as "created for a swap hosted by ......" I usually do try to list the stamp set and then if I don't know the name of the cardstock (like SU, PTI, Bazzill, etc), I'll just indicate various. Same for inks: various; but as Amy indicated, you don't HAVE to indicate anything; I've seen several uploads with no info.

Looks like a lot of you are working ahead! I haven't even started on October (or is it November?!)! But, no worries, it will be on time!
Old 09-27-2011, 12:10 PM   #217
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Amy, I mailed Nov and Dec today
Old 09-27-2011, 12:15 PM   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Looks like a lot of you are working ahead! I haven't even started on October (or is it November?!)! But, no worries, it will be on time!
No worries Vickie, I resist the temptation to work ahead. I've "burned" myself by getting a cool new stamp I wanted to ink up, but already had my cards done. So for that reason, I try to wait, cuz you never know what new stuff I'll want to play with I DO work ahead if I KNOW I'm going to have a crazy month (my June was that way) and it would be unrealistic to get to my stamp area that month, and I'll put myself in a position where I just quickly throw something together just to "be on time", and I'm never pleased with what I offer.

On that note, just so you know, I am pretty flexible - we have plenty of swappers, so if you just find you're going to go batty trying to get your swap in the mail and want to take a "bye" for the month, please just PM me. I won't kick you out I'd rather know to not be waiting on your swap. We'll have plenty to swap around. I want this to be fun, not stressful, and realize we ALL have other lives and we seldom have control over the crazy times as they hit us. No worries, just let me know. (feel free to PM me)

BIg HUGS!!
Amy

Old 09-27-2011, 12:18 PM   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwolf View Post
GO GIRL!! Wowsa. Now you guys are going to force me to "up my organizational game" and keep the months separate!! I don't mind - keep the happy mail coming.

T minus 1 1/2 hours till the kiddos get home....what's for dinner I ask myself? Nah, I'm enjoying the quietness of the house.

Hugs
Amy

Old 09-27-2011, 03:11 PM   #220
Glitter Queen

Hi Amy! I'm new to swapping, but I would love to start your swap beginning November 1. Can you put me down for a spot? I love the idea for this swap!

Becky
Old 09-27-2011, 03:15 PM   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlgparker View Post
Hi Amy! I'm new to swapping, but I would love to start your swap beginning November 1. Can you put me down for a spot? I love the idea for this swap!
Hi Becky. We'd LOVE to have you. Jump on in. I'll put you down to start in November. Fire off any questions you may have. Remember the extra challenges are optional, just adds a little spice to the swap .
WELCOME!

Hugs
Amy

Old 09-27-2011, 05:34 PM   #222

Thanks Amy. I'm sure I'll keep up but it's great to know that if life gets in the way that you are just a PM or post away! Whew! My October cards are in your hands already, so I have a few weeks to work on November cards. I doubt that I'll be one to send two months at a time though!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:26 PM   #223

Default October Card

OK ladies, I've finished mine!!! Does anyone know the answer to this question... I have set up an "album" in my Gallery. Intent is to post all YOUR cards (since you gals are not posting your own, and I want everyone to see your wonderful creations) My question is, do I have to post in the "normal" gallery to have it get to the correct stamp set? KWIM? I've never used a "album" but it seems it will not appear in the gallery, just sort of a private album (which you guys have access to of course). Not sure if I need to post my card a second time. Have I confused you? Welcome to the club!!! I can just wait and see once it gets "approved" if it appears in the master gallery. Anyhoo, here's my photo, but in a bit you can go to my gallery and see it in the newly set up album. I'll start taking pictures of your cards, stay tuned.
FYI, I used SC347 as my sketch for my extra challenge
Big Hugs
Amy
Attached Thumbnails
sunflower_scs_apswap_oct11.jpg  

Old 09-27-2011, 08:11 PM   #224
Embossing Fanatic

Hi Amy. This swap sounds like a lot of fun. I'd like to join in November if that's okay.

Laurinda. (brneyedgirl)
Old 09-27-2011, 08:31 PM   #225
Inking Addict

Amy

I love your card sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers, great job.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:49 PM   #226

Quote:
Originally Posted by brneyedgirl View Post
Hi Amy. This swap sounds like a lot of fun. I'd like to join in November if that's okay.

Laurinda. (brneyedgirl)
We'd love to have you Laurinda. Welcome and we'll see you in November (well, actually by Oct 25) Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks
Amy

Old 09-27-2011, 09:53 PM   #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Tammy View Post
Amy

I love your card sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers, great job.
THanks Tammy. I just got this stamp set from a gal here on SCS. It's very old, but like you, I love sunflowers and loved this set. New to me!! Yippee!

Good Night
Amy

Old 09-28-2011, 03:39 AM   #228
Swapper of the Month February 2013

Amy,

Love, Love, LOVE your card!!! Very pretty!!!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 06:12 AM   #229
Compulsive Stamper

Hi! Can I join starting with the November 1st swap?! My name is Tammy (Thisonetyme)

Thanks!
Old 09-29-2011, 06:13 AM   #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisonetyme View Post
Hi! Can I join starting with the November 1st swap?! My name is Tammy (Thisonetyme)

Thanks!
Sure think Tammy. You know, you've messed with my nice and neat organizational skills....we've now got TWO Tammy's Ha ha. We'd LOVE to have you, welcome and fire off any questions you may have.
Big Thursday Hugs,
Amy

Old 09-29-2011, 06:16 AM   #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by russnzella View Post
Amy,

Love, Love, LOVE your card!!! Very pretty!!!!!

Awwww schucks Zella. Thanks so much - made my day
Amy

Old 09-29-2011, 06:28 AM   #232

Amy, not sure I can answer your Album/gallery question in "understandable" terms: you will create an album and then when you upload the card pictures to your album, you would not have to describe each card as to what set, etc., just indicate the cards were received for your October card swap and who created each card you as you upload the respective cards. I'm sure there is someone who can explain it much, much better (have you tried PMing Lydia (understandblue); she is the moderator for all of Splitcoast and could probably give you great step-by-step directions.

And, you would not need to upload twice..once a card is in your album, it is also in the gallery.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:58 PM   #233
Glitter Queen

Hey Amy. I just noticed that I don't see my name down for November. So I was just checking with you to make sure I'm not supposed to do something else. I'm new to this so I just wanted to check to be sure. Thanks so much!

Becky
Old 09-29-2011, 08:15 PM   #234

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlgparker View Post
Hey Amy. I just noticed that I don't see my name down for November. So I was just checking with you to make sure I'm not supposed to do something else. I'm new to this so I just wanted to check to be sure. Thanks so much!
Becky, I've got you down. See the Post #1, that is where I list all the swappers. In post #2 is where I am keeping track of when I receive the cards. I know it was a bit confusing, I changed the verbiage a bit. You'll see your name under "November swaps" once I get your cards, and I put the date on when they arrived. This helps you all get an idea of how long it takes for your cards to reach me here in Colorado. And you'll know they arrived safe and sound You WILL see you name in the Post #1 as a participant.
Clear as mud
You're good, next step, stamp 6 alike cards!!! Have fun

Hugs
Amy

Old 09-30-2011, 03:50 AM   #235
Mad Swapper

Mine were mailed Monday 9/26 so I really hope they arrive today - I would have thought they would have gotten to you by now but ....

Gerry
Old 09-30-2011, 08:24 AM   #236
Crimping Master

My 'November' cards are postal today Amy. I did this month's challenge and used paper that I've had for 4 years!!!!

Ali

~ My Gallery ~
Old 09-30-2011, 08:30 AM   #237

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali1974 View Post
My 'November' cards are postal today Amy. I did this month's challenge and used paper that I've had for 4 years!!!!

Ali
Way to go Ali. How did it feel? Did it feel like you were playing with new stuff???
I may go waaaay back, into my scrapbooking stuff and see if I can come up with enough paper for 6 cards. We're talking 8-12 years!!! I'm just waiting on two swappers (they're not late, they are in the mail) and should come today, so I hope to swap them out this weekend and in the mail on Monday. I'll keep y'all posted.

Have a great Friday. Eek - I gotta get in the shower and off the boys school to help in one of the kids' classrooms!

Hugs
Amy

Old 09-30-2011, 11:19 AM   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by GramMcCaul View Post
Mine were mailed Monday 9/26 so I really hope they arrive today - I would have thought they would have gotten to you by now but ....

Gerry
Gerry, your beautiful cards arrived yesterday (Thurs) Sorry. I didn't get to the mail box until this morning. It was "one of those days". So it took 4 days, FYI. Sooo cute. I love the die you used, I'm sure the recipients will love your card as well. I PM'd you

Thanks
Amy

Old 09-30-2011, 11:23 AM   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwolf View Post
BJ. your Nov and Dec cards arrived yesterday (Thurs 9/29) Gorgeous. Your snowman was just the cutest. I loved the "masucline" feel to this. Typically snowmen are colored in BRIGHT colors, I love your color scheme to this card. Your birthday cards are just so cute as well. I like they can be for either boy or girl. AND I love that there was NO DSP - all cardstock, yet when you use the embossing folders it really pops the interest. I always feel I need DSP, no so!!!!
Thanks
Amy

Old 09-30-2011, 11:28 AM   #240

Ladies, I just have one more Oct swap I'm waiting on, who said they were mailed, and then I'll be ready to swaparoo!!! I HOPE to photograph all of your cards and put them in my "album" in my gallery. I won't have to add any details, so it should go pretty fast. No promises tho IF I do get them in there, I'd love to have you ladies go take a look and make comments for each other. You can easily reach my gallery in my signature, or in the original post (OP) I've linked my gallery to my name (in green). You can "test" it out, as I did upload my own card to see if I knew what I was doing. (now THAT is a scary thought)

I'm having the boys help me assemble the trick or treat project. How about y'all, do any of you do anything "crafty" for your trick or treaters? My DH thinks I'm nuts, but I just love to do it. I know the kids just throw it away, but it's a great way to use up old cardstock and like I said, I just love to come up with something creative each year. I'll try to post a pic soon, and maybe from previous years as well.

Big Hugs
Amy